anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000 said:

Smh I wish anime was banned, can't stand this. Anyway I need a character!

That would make this site boring. In taking away anime/manga, all you'd have left would be mostly garbage comics.

manga is like, colorless comic ripoffs read backwards

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jacthripper: just wondering, by peak human reflexes, can bullet timing still be a thing?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000 said:
@valorknight said:
@anthp2000 said:

That would make this site boring. In taking away anime/manga, all you'd have left would be mostly garbage comics.

The difference being that they are actually written well, have consistency, and characters that develop well.

Whatever.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jacthripper: just wondering, by peak human reflexes, can bullet timing still be a thing?

Yes, he said dodging a couple bullets at a time is fine, but the character should get overwhelmed if against multiple gunmen who can aim properly.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@mylittlefascist: based on our debate last time, do you think "Major Ocelot" is fine? I say Major Ocelot, because he isn't nearly as good as Solid Snake. Or I mean, he isn't on Snake's level.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: From what I remember, he should be fine, but check with the host I guess.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jacthripper: Gimme Drizzt Do'Urden (1472 DR+)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62 HigorM  Moderator

@jacthripper: I'll have to pass this one, but thanks anyway.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would Renji Yomo be OK for this?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DeathHero61

@anthp2000 said:
@valorknight said:
@anthp2000 said:

Ripoffs???? Okay? I see you actually don't read manga Ant if you think manga is a ripoff of comics. And they are read backwards because that's one of their styles of writing that was the norm for quite a while.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-manga-books-written-backwards-What-else-is-written-like-that-in-Japan

The craziest thing is that Avatar was likely inspired by anime and manga alike.....the series you are a huge advocate for....

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@deathhero61: tbh I was mostly trying to lure you out w/this bait... lol

Granted it's true that my eyes hurt trying to read manga, but I wouldn't actually want them to be banned from everywhere.

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manga sucks, not enough crossovers. Luffy can never fight goku or Ichigo. Lame.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this still open for more participants?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TourneyMaster

@valorknight: Books have crossovers all the kind. Randell Flagg alone cross over dozens of books, as has Pennywise, Crimson King, Barlow, ect. So neiyah!

but seriously Novels suck ass too, too much reading lol.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Nervedamage
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jacthripper
TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TourneyMaster

@valorknight said:
@tourneymaster said:

@valorknight: Books have crossovers all the kind. Randell Flagg alone cross over dozens of books, as has Pennywise, Crimson King, Barlow, ect. So neiyah!

Yeah, that logic doesn't work. If a single book character has a crossover with another series (most of your examples are from books that take place in the same universe as he does, which invalidates your point even more), that doesn't excuse the majority of literature not doing the same, nor does it make manga "suck" for that reason. I know you're incredibly biased, but try and use your brain every once in a while.

lol wrong.

All of SK books never take place in the same universe. he had crossovers with the same characters and villains decade and half before officially stating he has a multiverse that allows it. He stated he just liked the characters and never thought much about it till years after his 3rd or 4th Dark Tower Novel that he connected all his stories.

So your wrong, again!

Manga sucks ass. it has no crossovers between shonen and shared universe. Its just a bunch of characters set in one universe filled with minor nobodies till that Manga reach its EoS and a shitty new one takes it place!

No Caption Provided

TRIGGERED!!!! Seriously Im just trolling mate, and you totally fell for it hard. Proving one thing, Manga fans are easy triggered targets :)

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Nervedamage

I'm thinking about using Moon Knight (616).

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DeathHero61

@tourneymaster: Manga sucks uss. it has no crossovers between shonen and shared universe.

Well A Certain Magical Index, a series based off a light novel, has crossovers with other tie in series in the same universe with A Certain Scientific Railgun, a solely anime/manga series made by the same writer, and A Certain Scientific Accelerator. This same writer has created crossovers for his novels with other works, along with other novels of his own creation.

There's also the occasional anime/manga specials that happen like the Rave Master X Fairy Tail OVA, the Toriko, One Piece and Dragon Ball special, among others.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourneymaster: Also its pretty obvious you are acting toxic and idiotic on purpose considering you yourself read manga, and obsess over certain ones every now and then. You should probably stop it, its beneath you.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourneymaster: Manga sucks uss. it has no crossovers between shonen and shared universe.

Well A Certain Magical Index, a series based off a light novel, has crossovers with other tie in series in the same universe with A Certain Scientific Railgun, a solely anime/manga series made by the same writer, and A Certain Scientific Accelerator. This same writer has created crossovers for his novels with other works, along with other novels of his own creation.

There's also the occasional anime/manga specials that happen like the Rave Master X Fairy Tail OVA, the Toriko, One Piece and Dragon Ball special, among others.

Tsubasa Chronicles is basically the Kingdom Hearts of Clamp.

Dark Rabbit involves inter-dimensional travel, and the antagonist went through a portal and got stalemated by Ryner Lute from Legend of Legendary Heroes.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Zetsu-San

@deathhero61 said:

@mylittlefascist: Oh shit there was that too I forgot.

Oh yea, and the little girl from Steins Gate is a major character in Robotics Notes but as an adult.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:

@tourneymaster: Also its pretty obvious you are acting toxic and idiotic on purpose considering you yourself read manga, and obsess over certain ones every now and then. You should probably stop it, its beneath you.

Nah, its strange how offended you guys get as manga fans. Im a indie comic lover and I get shit on way more than you manga fans. You get no sympathy from me.

I've never actually seen indie comics get shit on though...

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourneymaster:

All of SK books never take place in the same universe.

Nor did I ever claim that they did. If you would actually read what I said instead of acting like an illiterate manchild, maybe we'd be making some progress.

he had crossovers with the same characters and villains decade and half before officially stating he has a multiverse that allows it.

That's exactly my point. If he stated that they take place in the same multiverse one day, then they still did everyday before that whether we were aware of the information or not.

it has no crossovers between shonen and shared universe.

Like I said, I guess this means that all of the most influential works of literature suck as well due to not having crossovers with other works. It's a blatantly ignorant and biased view on something that you hardly even know about.

Its just a bunch of characters set in one universe

Ah, the cardinal sin of being a self-contained story.

filled with minor nobodies till that Manga reach its EoS and a shitty new one takes it place!

This point holds literally no weight at all. If this is the best you've got, then this has been a waste of my time.

TRIGGERED!!!! Seriously Im just trolling mate, and you totally fell for it hard. Proving one thing, Manga fans are easy triggered targets :)

Triggered? Shitting on people like you is nothing more than a passing hobby of mine.

You got triggered. mate. I made a friendly jab at manga, not even you, yet now your calling me a illiterate manchild? After I told ya I be playing? Your being very much the child here. Stop bitching and get over the joke. I have no intention defending my comment which was a dumb jab nor intention to defend novels which I dont bother reading much these days anymore. You been wasting your time typing defenses and argument for a joke.

Stop being a pissy fanboy.

@deathhero61 said:

Nah, its strange how offended you guys get as manga fans. Im a indie comic lover and I get shit on way more than you manga fans. You get no sympathy from me.

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TourneyMaster

@mylittlefascist said:
@tourneymaster said:
@deathhero61 said:

I've never actually seen indie comics get shit on though...

Oh yeah, Invincible comics, Tech jacket, Spawn, Witchblade, Savage Dragon, Buffy, Hellboy, Luther Strode, The Shadow, Red Sonja, Conan, Bloodshot, Ninjak, ect ect have such large fanbases on her compared to Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Dragon Ball, One Punch Man, Saint Seya, Toriko, Hero Academy, Fairy Tale, ect. Fudge no. Dont be kidding yourself.

This site has more debates and threads on manga characters than the mere 1-2 threads on indie characters that get maybe 4-5 responses on said threads, if your lucky. Shit.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Zetsu-San

@tourneymaster: Since when is getting less attention the same as getting shat on?

If we're talking about how much attention things get, then yea... Obviously comics from the more obscure publishers are going to get less attention than heavily serialized manga from big name publishers. lol

It's a very dumb comparison.

Also, good job at derailing the signups thread. xD

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TourneyMaster

@mylittlefascist said:

@tourneymaster: Since when is getting less attention the same as getting shat on?

If we're talking about how much attention things get, then yea... Obviously comics from the more obscure publishers are going to get less attention than heavily serialized manga from big name publishers. lol

It's a very dumb comparison.

thats my point. The guys above act like Manga needs to be defended. It does not. In the scheme of things comicvine has more "manga" fans and debaters than Marvel/DC comic fans. As a Indie comic fan I get even less "fans" to converse with, or debate points with. That is being shat on as far as i am using the term. No one respect, learns, talks, or cares to debate indie comics that me and a SMALL handful others like. That is what i meant by that. tell me I am wrong there :)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/saitima-boros-garou-vs-invincible-thragg-battle-be-2006546/

Not one freaking comment. But if I threw in Naruto, kakashi, and madara in this thread instead my fav comic guys, it be at 2 pages by now easy. Its fudge up.

Thus people crying over Manga needing to be justified can piss off. No sympathy from this guy.

No Caption Provided

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Zetsu-San

@tourneymaster: Manga may be popular on vine now, but it still carries a stigma that indie comics don't have. When is the last time you've seen a scenario or tourney allow manga but not indie comics?

Besides, manga doesn't just include heavily serialized shonen series from big name publishers, it also includes all sorts of obscure series and the fans of those series are in the exact same boat that indie comic fans are in.

Worse actually.

ech jacket, Spawn, Witchblade, Savage Dragon, Buffy, Hellboy, Luther Strode, The Shadow, Red Sonja, Conan, Bloodshot, Ninjak,

All these series are practically mainstream compared to most of the stuff I like...

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Nervedamage

@tourneymaster said:

thats my point. The guys above act like Manga needs to be defended. It does not. In the scheme of things comicvine has more "manga" fans and debaters than Marvel/DC comic fans. As a Indie comic fan I get even less "fans" to converse with, or debate points with. That is being shat on as far as i am using the term. No one respect, learns, talks, or cares to debate indie comics that me and a SMALL handful others like. That is what i meant by that. tell me I am wrong there :)

It's disgusting really- because anime fans get a bad rep thanks to the brainlets on this site. Too toxic and can't take a joke. The sensitivity here is obviously off the charts, and when people have legit criticism about something they like, they go on a ranting rave over what somebody on the other side of the world says. I didn't even see the malice in your comment at all, and even I have a bad history of not telling jokes from genuine trolling. I mean this does apply to most bad aspect of every large fanbase, but come on the ratio is obvious.

tho crossovers aren't canon tho so it's nothing too big but fun to see.

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TourneyMaster

@mylittlefascist:

Manga may be popular on vine now, but it still carries a stigma that indie comics don't have. When is the last time you've seen a scenario or tourney allow manga but not indie comics?

WTH you going on about? First off, no one really ever uses Indie in tourneys. I ran 90% of tourneys on this site past several years, and indie characters NEvER get picked like all. manga? They get taken more than half the time. half the damn list in this tourney is manga. Half the teams or characters in past tourneys I seen ran this past few months is also Manga. Manga not allowed my ass.

Besides, manga doesn't just include heavily serialized shonen series from big name publishers, it also includes all sorts of obscure series and the fans of those series are in the exact same boat that indie comic fans are in.

Worse actually.

Manga with "obscure" characters get picked all the time! Thats the biggest issue with tourneys right now. there is a tourney PM of the Tourney makers right now bitching about the obscure manga piece of shit characters that people use all the time!

All these series are practically mainstream compared to most of the stuff I like...

Maybe so, yet your stuff make tourneys more than these guys do since no one in tourneys I run use these characters like ever. You want to claim Obscure manga has it worse? not from what I seen. EVERY TOURNEY I SEE PEOPLE FROM MANGA I NEVER HEARD OF! Every damn one of them. If Manga fans use the same shit over and over again @jacthripper would not have HALF the issues he has now and he can attest to this bullshit.

Im not blaming you for this either BTW, but your manga guys and Mr I kinda turn Jac off the last tourney more than anything. Its because you, mr I, and many others use "obscure" characters that Jac or myself, or other tourney makers cannot keep up with.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Zetsu-San

@tourneymaster: lol your entire rant is kind of proving my point. Anyways, I think we've derailed enough.

I do find Valor's trademark "IM NOT TRIGGERED!!!!!" rather humorous though.

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TourneyMaster

@nervedamage said:
@tourneymaster said:

It's disgusting really- because anime fans get a bad rep thanks to the brainlets on this site. Too toxic and can't take a joke. The sensitivity here is obviously off the charts, and when people have legit criticism about something they like, they go on a ranting rave over what somebody on the other side of the world says. I didn't even see the malice in your comment at all, and even I have a bad history of not telling jokes from genuine trolling. I mean this does apply to most bad aspect of every large fanbase, but come on the ratio is obvious.

tho crossovers aren't canon tho so it's nothing too big but fun to see.

Thank you for getting it. I have my share of manga I like too. Slayers, Hellsing, Yu Yu, FOTNS, and more. It was a dumb joke and Valore felt the need to insult me over it. Damn. @anthp2000: Its not you, its some of the users here who get toxic over manga vs comics scenarios. Thats why you have a bad taste in your mouth of Manga.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourneymaster: I don't think its that serious. You turned a genuinely fun thread into a shit throwing contest for no reason.

@anthp2000 see what you started lol

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourneymaster: I don't think its that serious. You turned a genuinely fun thread into a shit throwing contest for no reason.

I like how both Valor and SFW are all "IM NOT TRIGGERED, IM JUST TROLLING! HE"S THE ONE WHO IS TRIGGERED!!!!"

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TourneyMaster

@deathhero61 said:

lol I feel Valor did that. I stated right away I was joking and he called me a man child. Thats is after Valor attacked Ant and stated without Manga this site be all "garbage" comics. He is the shit flinger. I tried to end it, and he started throwing insults. But I blame Ant too.

@mylittlefascist said:

I like how both Valor and SFW are all "IM NOT TRIGGERED, IM JUST TROLLING! HE"S THE ONE WHO IS TRIGGERED!!!!"

Oh I am man enought o say I am triggered after he called me a "illiterate man child." Oh yeah, TRIGGER I am lol. I have the balls to admit it.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers