- Inscription in front of the singular entrance
What is the Labyrinth?
The Labyrinth is an underground monument of the ancient past. A time said to reflect a far flung future better than anything found in our current times. It was found only two centuries ago despite the outside stone being dated to millions of years ago. Through the millennia it has stood unchanged as forces far beyond our mortal intellect still protect whatever secrets can be found within. Various explorers, heroes, and even armies have done their best to raid the city-sized structure once it had been discovered. The explorers were lost, the heroes faded into mere legends and armies broke into seething masses silenced by the invisible power. Many years later with no headway all of the nations of the world including the Payans, the Xouthans, and even eventually the Otrunythans stopped sending their people into that death-trap. Only recently was a breakthrough eventually reached.
Only one adventurer made any headway into the Labyrinth. He allegedly entered it 5 years ago and only just escaped last month. The man himself was driven into a sniveling mess of madness long ago. His name seemed to have been cast aside at the same time as his mind. His hair white and his skin dyed black made him impossible to identify. Many of the researchers of the Labyrinth speak of him being able to leave at all as a one of the miracles surrounding the man. Another of the miracles being that he left a journal. A notebook full of hectic writings that reflected his journey of discovery venturing into a mad escape in the last half. It recounts fanciful tales of terrible phantasms, vengeful machinations, and a Labyrinth that seemed disturbingly. . .alive. It has been hotly debated among the gatherings of the greatest minds our world has to offer whether any of it can be trusted. The only point that can be agreed upon by everyone is that more investigation is needed. Using the bits of knowledge the most powerful nations of the world sent there own modern adventurers into the Labyrinth equipped with a madman's tidbits of knowledge to hopefully finally pierce the veil of secrets hidden within the Labyrinth. Hope that their greed for its ancient treasures and knowledge does not ruin them as so many before.
Mechanics of the Labyrinth
"I have come across multiple beings that I could only describe as the 'guardians' of this place. I am a person with no little skill at sneaking, but even I have had trouble evading their pursuits. Some come in the forms of haunting phantasms and others in the form of golems who may perhaps may just be a case of the first possessing the second. There also seem to be a third form the guardians can take. . . .many people have fallen to this Labyrinth. I recognized a few. Ellis Shadowsworn's resplendent robes and dark aura was unmistakable. His Muffodian style of magic luckily enough seemed to not have as much of an effect on my Payan wards though. I saw what I presumed to be Lethril Gravesword due to his signature sword walked past me, yet I was able to avoid him. A couple of other 'people' were there that I could not identify. They all possessed ashen sunken skin that gave them a dead-like look, which made enough sense due to their presumed deaths long ago. The ones I had the displeasure to converse(shortly) spoke with the same voices of the phantasms."
"The Doors...The shifty DAMN DoOrs! tHe DOors are TryiNG to TRoLL me! TheY hold TREASURES! WEAPONS! KNOWLEDGE! oNy Reason I Livd this LOong. Has to Be careFUL. SOme of The-"
The bottom of the page has unfortunately been blotted out by blood stains.
"TunNNels. DRrk. LOmng. MultLIpe Enormusu paces wIT open. . . . WARNING: LiKes to aet. . . bushED HerE. Stau Ner beutiful Laa. sHa pretecs. Don toUch boafks or Skolls. PFnts dont LiKE.Many Manny Libs. Dont go.
ChEsts bits Me soOoooO MAny. Gota goaD tHANG dou.
SmaLL t OPens to Roms too SQuarES cirCling a center. MOst go Deeper deEper dePER Dep DeppER deeper deera DEpre Depr deEper dePER Dep DeppER deeper deera DEpre Depr deEper dePER Dep DeppER deeper deera DEpre Depr DAAper Derper DEeepr Deape DeppER deeper deera DEpre Depr DAAper Derper DEeepr Deape DEpre Depr deEper dePER Dep DeppER deeper deera DEpre Depr DAAper Derper DEeepr Deape DeppER deeper deera DEpre Depr DAAper Derper DEeEpr Deape
The man repeats this for 50 pages.
"FLamaeS! I's gootsa gAdd Amar arm. Gous ofe hte ams da podectts it. MAKs Flameas a azes a deds. Dns der m fanzy cape. makEs m Twikl Tinkl n nites. O so brites. An de-
Lots FW o dem. aWau 1 lef 3 Rite 4 FlaMeas. Oth awy Fro CaOk. ALWAYS SAM!"
The rest is more indecipherable gibberish.
There is very little if no specific gear/powers/bodies, so you will get the chance to choose your own to fit the prices listed below. Many of the ranges are meant to allow for a more diverse range of power levels. For example you can have Spider-man's spider sense for 300 points or Assassin Spider-man's more advanced pre-cog for 500 points.
The section below is there to note the hard-line limits of your powers, skills, and gear.
- A power constitutes one single superhuman ability. For example with Spiderman you could only get his wall crawling or Spider-sense. Not both.
You may not use powers that include:
- Time Manipulation
- Probability altering (good or bad luck)
- Mind control or possession of any kind
- Force fields above the durability limit
- No amping yourself past the top tier body limits
- Power Negation/Mimicry/Absorption
- Magic( you can check with me to see if it is limits)
- Energy projection cannot be above building busting(like a building the size of your average house)
- Powers cannot affect your opponent internally are not allowed (blood bending, etc.)
- Healing Factor- Killing blows to heart or brain cannot be healed.
- Telekinesis cannot be above 20 ton strength. Can only lift/move objects and form melee weaponry and armor.
- Precognition cannot be above Saber or Rose Wilson
- Telepathy is limited to mind-reading.
- Limited Matter Manipulation and Reality Warping that can only be used on nonliving things or yourself. Your range is limited to 15 meters around you. No giving yourself powers.
- Intangibility cannot be used while you are attacking.
- Holograms must be able to be recognizable with at least one sense.
- Poisons/chemicals will be taken on a case by case basis, but generally nothing that could instakill in AoE form.
- Size-changing cannot allow you to go smaller than an ant, above 60 feet, or put you past limits in any way.
- An Skill set is naturally learned, trained skill, knowledge, set of skills or knowledge disciplines associated with a single individual character. Batman for example would give you his Marital Art's Skills, Tech Skill and knowledge of the human body ( Pressure Points)
- Mystical abilities, chi usage, or tapping into the ‘limitless potential’ of your character is considered a power, not an ability. (Looking at you Danny Rand)
- No exceeding limits of your Physical body. Someone that chose Batman as a body type cannot perform Spider-Man's acrobatic feats as he isn't physically agile enough.
- Special Gear is a gear used by a certain character. It can not break the rules set by the body or power sections. No stupid gear that you know won't be allowed such as a GL Ring or a tardis.
EX : Deadshot's Suit
Arkham Batman's gear (Only can choose from one game)
Captain America's Shield
Green Arrow/Hawkeye trick Arrows
- 5 tonner, superhuman, casual bullet-timer(ex: Ult Spider-man) 200-300
- 10 tonner, can stand up to tank busting hits, faster than a bullet-timer(ex: Spider-man) 300-500
- 25 tonner, can survive building busting attacks, super-sonic level speeds,(ex: Lizard; Spidey must be able to react with Spidersense) 500-700
- Movement Reading/Skill-copying level skill-set(ex: Cassandra Cain, Taskmaster, etc) 300
- Stupid levels of stealth(ex: Batman, Elektra, etc) 300
- Masterfully skilled(ex: Wolverine, Iron Fist, etc) 200
- Professionally skilled(Deathstroke, Nightwing, Deadpool, etc) 150
- Noobs(ex: most of the robins and live action characters really) 100
- Reality Warping 700
- Matter Manipulation 500
- Weapon Summoning/Copying(ex: Tracing) 500
- Telekinesis ( 20 ton limit, cannot directly affect opponent or their gear) 500
- Precog(cannot be greater than Saber or Rose Wilson's) 300-500
- Energy Absorption/Manipulation (Limited to building busting) 400
- Intangibility 400
- Telepathy/Empathy (eyesight range) 350
- Healing Factor 200-400
- Elemental Manipulation 200-350
- Weapon Enhancement 200-350
- Illusions/Holograms (Cannot be mental based, must be able to tell aren't real with at least one sense) 300
- Size-Changing 200-300
- Stretching or Rubber Based Powers (cannot exceed durability limits) 300
- Supernatural Sixth Senses (ex: Daredevil Radar Sense; 50 meter limit) 300
- Invisibility (visible spectrum only, can only be undetectable by 2 of the 3 main senses; sight, hearing, smell) 200
- Psychometry 150
- Flight (Limited to Angel’s organic wing speed and height) 100
- Shapeshifting(Limit's Mystique's) 100
- Skeletal Enhancement (ex: Wolverine’s Adamantium Skeleton) 100
- Suits (Armored, Invisibility, Physical Enhancing, etc) 500-800.
- Implants (Anything implanted in the body) 400-800
- Ranged Weapons (Guns, Bow/Arrows, Throwing Weapons, etc) 200-500
- Melee Weapons (Swords, Knives, Staffs, etc) 200-400
- Rare metal Upgrade (Adamantium, vibranium, promethium, carbonadium. Applies to one melee weapon or one magazine of ammo) 300
- Shields (Any shield, no bigger than Captain America’s) 300
- Non-Lethals (Fictional Smoke Bombs, Gas grenades, Tasers, etc) 100
- Real World Weapons 25
Remember that you can suggest some stuff although this store should be general enough to suit all your needs. 1