• 74 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2
#51 Edited by deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted Thor has more than enough firepower to put Hulk down on his own. Adding Bill is just unfair. As for some arguments -

1. The so called overpowering Hercules and Jane by flexing isn't much impressive at all, to the point that any other Hulk can't replicate. Jane and Herc could barely get a hold on him, and he was far bigger than them already. Hulk had already overpowered/thrown Thor with his single hand, so it definitely isn't as impressive as some may say.

One thing I know, even if something is lighter than what I regularly/could lift, if I can't get a good hold on it, its much easier to slip it. At that state, I can't put much strength behind the task, so slipping it definitely doesn't mean I don't have required strength or it's beyond my limits.

2. Hulk fracturing Thor isn't impressive, or its either PIS. I refuse to believe a hit that can fracture Thor's skull won't even make a dent in vibranium. If that hit seriously had enough force behind it, at the very least, Cap should have been sent flying miles away, or the surrounding should have been levelled, or Cap should have turned into paste behind the shield. Thor's bones are strong enough to take hits from Destroyer. I refuse to believe hits harder than those can just be simply blocked by just a Supersoldier even if he happens to have a shield made of vibranium and walk off fine.

And current Thor is also a massive jobber/nerfed or whatever you say.

3. Thor & by extension Bill have more than enough durability to survive multiple hits from Immortal Hulk. They have tanked hits from herald level character and much higher beings on regular basis and survived. Not saying they no sell those, but couple or even dozen hits won't make them fall.

Not that they'll just stand there and allow themselves to be hit which for some reason always happens if they ever clash with Hulk.

But I haven't really kept up with Green Door thing or powered by TOBA. If it's true he can't die, the he'll win. They ain't bringing down someone powered by TOBA. When they'll bring down someone even powered by Odinforce, maybe then we can have a case.

Also, current avengers no road home has a narrative related to Hercules and Immortal Hulk. Anyone claiming he has and can destroy them readily should take a look at that.

#52 Posted by eaeyomi (16 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk who beat the avengers is not the regular Immortal Hulk. This was called "Devil Hulk". A demon, Banner father, was inside his body during that fight. Those feats dont count for immortal Hulk.

For the fight, Immortal Hulk is stronger and probably more durable than the bros, but they can defeat him with energy attacks from the hammer. With no PIS, they take it without great effort.

#53 Posted by RabumAlal (4876 posts) - - Show Bio

If we ignore every Thor showing since the whisper, the hammer bros should win a slight majority. Thor is still pathetic with the new hammers. Jane Thor has been usually weak outside her own book and Hercules’s power levels have been consistently all over the place for many years.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#54 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtrabs: Yet their only hope, is BFR.

#55 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11579 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor already got his ass kicked

Horseface is going to die next

Banner wins

#56 Posted by Slobbyboboli (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren: that wasnt one punch, hulk punched him hundreds of times before knocking a tooth out, besides current thor has no lightning and is thus weaker in every way. That hulk was possessed by the one below all and had absorbed sasquatchs gamma...

#57 Posted by icec0ld (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

Immortal hulk is the new sentry of marvel. He's is the avatar of the devil/the one below all now so he's essentially unbeatable and will be the new Juggernaut apparently, because you know.... juggernaut just isn't juggernaut enough I guess.

#58 Posted by Slobbyboboli (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogaldorn: thats nonsense, current odin is so weak he barely had enough magic just to teleport cul over to the frost giant realm.

Thors striking power has consistently been fine, he hurt juggernaut, odin and hit debris to the sun, he sucked against namor cuz of a massive amp and he never fought immortal hulk. Hulk pummeled him with hundreds of punches. Obviously juggernaut is infinitely more durable than hulk so thor would wreck this hulk if he actually smacked him with the hammer.

#59 Posted by Slobbyboboli (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@eaebiakuya: he also had absorbed all of red hulks gamma and all of sasquatchs gamma into himself, and absorbed the one below all into himself as well prior to fighting avengers. That specific hulk with the one below all inside him was more powerful than loki, kang and mephisto so honestly the entire fight was shit tier writing cuz someone like loki or mephisto would casually one shot that avengers team.

@xtrabs good points also to add to that jane and herc never tried restraining hulk they were only planning on striking him at the same time. Thats why they each only had one arm around the hulk.

Yeah herc and hulk are gonna have a big fight in the later no road home issues where likely nyx is gonna possess hulk and turn him against the team. Herc went toe to toe with world war hulk already, even one shotting him temporarily so idk why people are complaining so much over no road home saying herc has the strength to stop the hulk

#60 Posted by ChosenOne1222 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingant27: regular hulk fractured Thor’s skull. Who says immortal hulk, who is stronger, can’t crack both of their skulls?

#61 Posted by ChosenOne1222 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtrabs: what? What? Bloodlusted Thor got owned against hulk who was holding back!!

And you’re saying he’s more than enough? And when hulk fractured Thor that wasn’t PIS! How was that PIS? Immortal hulk would beat both of them.2

#62 Edited by deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoneabovelife: No. Unless it's current Aaron Thor which dies from the shockwaves of Hulk and Bill struggle!

#63 Posted by deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@chosenone1222:

what? What? Bloodlusted Thor got owned against hulk who was holding back!!

And you’re saying he’s more than enough? And when hulk fractured Thor that wasn’t PIS! How was that PIS? Immortal hulk would beat both of them.

Can you explain a little what you mean by your first statement.

????????????????

#64 Posted by Kingant27 (16895 posts) - - Show Bio

@chosenone1222: 2 worthy not holding back Hammer bro’s combined, shouldn’t be beat so easily.

#65 Edited by ZillaG (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@eaebiakuya said:

The Hulk who beat the avengers is not the regular Immortal Hulk. This was called "Devil Hulk". A demon, Banner father, was inside his body during that fight. Those feats dont count for immortal Hulk.

For the fight, Immortal Hulk is stronger and probably more durable than the bros, but they can defeat him with energy attacks from the hammer. With no PIS, they take it without great effort.

This is absolute nonsense, Brian Banner did not amp Hulk in any way, Brian Banner was both in Sasquatch and in Absorbing Man and he gave them no amps. The writer even explain the only reason Sasquatch was on Hulks level is because Walter always had the potential to be as strong as Banner but he didn't have the mindset for it, Brian Banner did, other than that he gave them no actual power boosts as Hulk still beat Sasquatch and even while weakened and drained beat Absorbing Man while he absorbed TOBA inside him. Which was the entire point of the story as Brian Banner and TOBA are unable to directly influence the real world, that's why they needed a doorway through Bruce Banner to get into the real world.

Hulk already one-shot Thor, no amount of PIS is gonna change that fact, nor the fact that they can't win here. Further proof that TOBA/Brian didn't amp Hulk is the fact that he fodderized the Avengers in No Surrender as well, tore Red Hulk in half and preformed a thunderclap that dispersed TOBA that was big enough to dwarf an entire mountain and city below it.

#66 Edited by ZillaG (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtrabs: Bloodlusted Thor has more than enough firepower to put Hulk down on his own. Adding Bill is just unfair. As for some arguments -

Considering Thor was bloodlusted against Hulk on at least 4 different occasions, going as far as to wanting to even kill him and failed to put him down i have a hard time believing he is gonna put down Immortal Hulk who has a way better damage soak than any other Hulk before him.

1. The so called overpowering Hercules and Jane by flexing isn't much impressive at all, to the point that any other Hulk can't replicate. Jane and Herc could barely get a hold on him, and he was far bigger than them already. Hulk had already overpowered/thrown Thor with his single hand, so it definitely isn't as impressive as some may say.

They had a perfectly fine hold on him, Herc even wrapped his hand around him, in fact the script itself states this

No Caption Provided

So this isn't Hulk just overpowering them by using his hands, he overpowered them just by flexing his muscles, it's indeed very impressive given the fact that in the same story Herc and Jane held the weight of the planet in place.

2. Hulk fracturing Thor isn't impressive, or its either PIS. I refuse to believe a hit that can fracture Thor's skull won't even make a dent in vibranium. If that hit seriously had enough force behind it, at the very least, Cap should have been sent flying miles away, or the surrounding should have been levelled, or Cap should have turned into paste behind the shield. Thor's bones are strong enough to take hits from Destroyer. I refuse to believe hits harder than those can just be simply blocked by just a Supersoldier even if he happens to have a shield made of vibranium and walk off fine.

I am not sure in what world you live where fracturing Thors skull with 1 punch isn't impressive, but i assure you that it is. As for the lazy "its PIS because i don't like it" comment, it's not PIS as Thor himself tells us that Hulk is stronger than he ever was before. Considering Cap with his shield has tanked blows from Odin Force Thor with Mljonir, there is no reason for him to fly away for miles, because the whole purpose of vibranium is to absorb impact. Thor has actually been mangled by the Destroyer before, so he can't really take that much hits, it's also how someone punches you, different punches even weaker ones can sometimes cause greater damage if done correctly and direct punch to the jaw is devastating. Again because the vibranium shield absorbs impact and even then it didn't absorb it all because Cap had a nose bleed from it.

No Caption Provided

And current Thor is also a massive jobber/nerfed or whatever you say.

No he isn't, he suffers from inconsistent writing from Aaron but he has had some really high end feats like beating up an amped Juggernaut, tanking attacks from Celestial and even almost killing Odin in a 1v1(who still had some OF in him).

3. Thor & by extension Bill have more than enough durability to survive multiple hits from Immortal Hulk. They have tanked hits from herald level character and much higher beings on regular basis and survived. Not saying they no sell those, but couple or even dozen hits won't make them fall.

Thor certainly doesn't as we have seen and Bill wont fair much better since he is pretty much equal to Thor in every way, though i think Thor has overall more impressive feats. Bill has been beaten bloody and into a fetal position from a holding back Surfer who used nothing but his fists(and Surfer isn't exactly known for great punching power), Thor has been 1-shot by Hulk 3 times in total, 3-shot once and 4-shot once, so he doesn't have the best track record of tanking Hulks blows and it makes sense for Immortal Hulk who is stronger than other incarnations to hurt him this badly.

People need to stop being so butthurt and pissy over it, Hulk is stronger than before, his new incarnation is stronger than others(barring WBH), so if he can hurt Thor so badly with 1 punch, so be it. I wouldn't have any problems if the shoes were reversed and we had an amped version of Thor one-shotting Hulk.

Not that they'll just stand there and allow themselves to be hit which for some reason always happens if they ever clash with Hulk.

When has Thor just stood there and allowed himself to just be hit by him? Neither Bill nor Thor have the combat speed to evade his attacks since they all have roughly the same combat speed and in case you din't know both Thor and Bill LOVE to brawl with their opponent as in go blow for blow with them.

But I haven't really kept up with Green Door thing or powered by TOBA. If it's true he can't die, the he'll win. They ain't bringing down someone powered by TOBA. When they'll bring down someone even powered by Odinforce, maybe then we can have a case.

He hasn't been powered by TOBA, TOBA isn't even in him anymore and it never amped him to begin with. Also i don't think Hulk is literally immortal, he is just a lot harder to kill than before.

Also, current avengers no road home has a narrative related to Hercules and Immortal Hulk. Anyone claiming he has and can destroy them readily should take a look at that.

Yea the narrative that Hulk is the strongest person she recruited in that group?

No Caption Provided

It's a pretty accurate narrative.

Or do you mean when she said Hercules MIGHT be the only one with the strength to stop him? I mean we all saw what happened when Herc tried to stop him together with Jane, it's not gonna work. Still Voyager has some point out of all the people there, Hercules is the closest one in strength to Hulk. although still a far cry away.

#67 Edited by deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@zillag:

Considering Thor was bloodlusted against Hulk on at least 4 different occasions, going as far as to wanting to even kill him and failed to put him down i have a hard time believing he is gonna put down Immortal Hulk who has a way better damage soak than any other Hulk before him.

Please mention those 4 said occasions, then i'll try to counter.

They had a perfectly fine hold on him, Herc even wrapped his hand around him, in fact the script itself states this

Well the art surely did a wrong job of portraying the said part. What was shown clearly didn't imply in any way them exerting their whole strength.

Also, the script doesn't mention if their attempt was successful or not. Doesn't state if they could actually exert their full strength or were successful(in exerting full force).

Considering Cap with his shield has tanked blows from Odin Force Thor with Mljonir

Kindly state the issue and couple more scans if possible. I'll counter after that. I'm assuming it from the Iron Man issue which came after Spiral.

Thor has actually been mangled by the Destroyer before, so he can't really take that much hits

No hit ever fractured his skull. He has taken worse beatings from Destroyer on couple occasions, but didn't got any bone fracture. Either way, please address my above request, then i'll go full counter force.

different punches even weaker ones can sometimes cause greater damage if done correctly and direct punch to the jaw is devastating

vibranium shield absorbs impact and even then it didn't absorb it all because Cap had a nose bleed from it.

Same as above. I'll reply afterwards.

No he isn't, he suffers from inconsistent writing from Aaron but he has had some really high end feats like beating up an amped Juggernaut, tanking attacks from Celestial and even almost killing Odin in a 1v1(who still had some OF in him)

He is surely nerfed. The current avengers run has couple instances where it's clearly visible. Also, beating Odin, even without OF, is out of his weight class. Same with celestial. I know Thor, and know that it's PIS.

Thor certainly doesn't as we have seen and Bill wont fair much better since he is pretty much equal to Thor in every way, though i think Thor has overall more impressive feats. Bill has been beaten bloody and into a fetal position from a holding back Surfer who used nothing but his fists(and Surfer isn't exactly known for great punching power), Thor has been 1-shot by Hulk 3 times in total, 3-shot once and 4-shot once, so he doesn't have the best track record of tanking Hulks blows and it makes sense for Immortal Hulk who is stronger than other incarnations to hurt him this badly

Yes he has.

When has Thor just stood there and allowed himself to just be hit by him? Neither Bill nor Thor have the combat speed to evade his attacks since they all have roughly the same combat speed and in case you din't know both Thor and Bill LOVE to brawl with their opponent as in go blow for blow with them.

In most recent runs, where he's portrayed as a dumb brute which itself contradicts how he's shown in his own titles.

Yes, the like to brawl. But never to the point of stupidity. But that won't matter since they're blood-lusted here. They spam their energy attacks and use hammer to fullest. They only brawl in-character or for fun, never when they're pissed off.

I request kindly address the issues where Cap tanked the Odin force hit and the blood-lusted Thor instances. Then i'll address all your statements with scans.

People need to stop being so butthurt and pissy over it

If that was directed towards me too, even though i barely addressed anything yet, then please refrain from using such until you hear all my claims.

#68 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:

WWH was making more damage with his punches, but since Aaron's Thor got one-shot, IH > all those other Hulks? Beating Aaron's Avengers is something Namor could do.

#69 Edited by TonyStark6999 (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and BRB can still win, if they use their hammers wisely.

#70 Edited by ZillaG (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtrabs: Please mention those 4 said occasions, then i'll try to counter.

I am not sure whats there to counter, but ok

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

1st Worthy Thor vs pre-core breach Savage Hulk

• Thor: I Say thee nay. This is no mere battle, no mere contest! Your mindless rampage must be halted for ALL TIME! Yes i shall use Mljonir, I shall use every weapon, every power at my disposal to best thee!
  • Result: Both Hulk and Thor knock each other out at one point during the fight.

2nd scan Worthy Thor vs Mindless Hulk

• Thor: Have at thee Hulk, TO THE DEATH!
  • Narration: Not holding back, Thor strikes.
  • Result: stalemate, neither beat the other and Strange broke up the fight before it could end.

3rd scan Warrior Madness Thor vs Professor Hulk when he lost his mind

• Thor: KILL YOU!
  • Result: Hulk, BFR'd Thor and the fight was ultimately a stalemate.

4th scan Worthy Thor vs NulHulk

• Thor: And now you DIE!!!
  • Result: Thor BFR's Hulk after admitting he couldn't defeat him and was seconds away from losing the fight to him.

Well the art surely did a wrong job of portraying the said part. What was shown clearly didn't imply in any way them exerting their whole strength.

Also, the script doesn't mention if their attempt was successful or not. Doesn't state if they could actually exert their full strength or were successful(in exerting full force).

I thought it did a fine job, the focus was the Hulk though rather than 2 of them, we got a close up of his face with an angry expression just before he shrugged them off.

LOL i am not sure what you mean by that the script says they are exerting all their strength to hold him, it didn't say they attempt to exert all their strength or they are about to exert all their strength but that they are exerting all their strength, this seems like a weird excuse i will be honest.

Kindly state the issue and couple more scans if possible. I'll counter after that. I'm assuming it from the Iron Man issue which came after Spiral.

I am not sure about the issue, here is the scan

No Caption Provided

The shield even got dented but Cap was still perfectly fine from the hit.

His shield has blocked hits from Hulk before and other high-tiers as well, so i am not sure what you are looking for here, this seems like a legit nitpick on your part.

No hit ever fractured his skull. He has taken worse beatings from Destroyer on couple occasions, but didn't got any bone fracture. Either way, please address my above request, then i'll go full counter force.

I don't think any hit actually hit him as hard as Hulk did square in the jaw at least i haven't' seen it. The beatings he got from Destroyer were different in nature to what i remember. they revolved a lot around energy attacks and he almost killed Thor as well. The "full counter force", ok.

Same as above. I'll reply afterwards.

Cant wait.

He is surely nerfed. The current avengers run has couple instances where it's clearly visible. Also, beating Odin, even without OF, is out of his weight class. Same with celestial. I know Thor, and know that it's PIS.

You will have to show me where he was nerfed, cite me the issue that states it and how it nerfed him. Because all of that is just wishful thinking that was never shown in the comics. It is out of his weight class but it just goes further with my point that Thor isn't nerfed he just suffers from bad writing from Aaron.

Yes he has.

Yes he has what?

In most recent runs, where he's portrayed as a dumb brute which itself contradicts how he's shown in his own titles.

Yes, the like to brawl. But never to the point of stupidity. But that won't matter since they're blood-lusted here. They spam their energy attacks and use hammer to fullest. They only brawl in-character or for fun, never when they're pissed off.

I request kindly address the issues where Cap tanked the Odin force hit and the blood-lusted Thor instances. Then i'll address all your statements with scans.

Thor has always gone blow for blow with Hulk ever since their first fights, he fights every brick and powerhouse in the same way. I honestly don't know what you expect but he genuinely fights like a dumb brute, 90% of the time.

Being bloodlusted just confirms it even more, he never thinks smart when bloodlusted as doesn't any other character really.

I did above.

If that was directed towards me too, even though i barely addressed anything yet, then please refrain from using such until you hear all my claims.

It's a general observation, though i have seen plenty of Thor fans just accept it as it is. Just this version of Hulk being stronger than before as literally Thor himself tells us, there are scrapping for excuses but i never got a satisfactory answer from them. But please do go on.

#71 Posted by ZillaG (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:

WWH was making more damage with his punches, but since Aaron's Thor got one-shot, IH > all those other Hulks? Beating Aaron's Avengers is something Namor could do.

I am not sure WWH was doing more damage. An amped Namor maybe, although when Namor fought them he didn't take out any of the Avengers, Hulk pretty much one-shot them all.

#72 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

@zillag: Namor didn't want to one shot the Avengers, he was trying to send them away. Namor was actually crushing Thor's hammer with a single hand without any effort.

#73 Edited by ZillaG (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonystark6999 said:

@zillag: Namor didn't want to one shot the Avengers, he was trying to send them away. Namor was actually crushing Thor's hammer with a single hand without any effort.

Thor has crushed Uru metal before with his own hands and there was no indication Namor wasn't trying to knock out any of them or beat them up given the fact that he said they will feel his wrath. In fact Namor had his chance to one-shot characters in the issues that follow instead he got manhandled by 2 characters that She-Hulk herself manhandled so i am not convinced Namor could one-shot anyone there if he so wanted to, he lacks feats.

Avatar image for sebastian_rommel
#74 Posted by Sebastian_Rommel (195 posts) - - Show Bio

Team destroys effortlyless. There is no way Hulk can stand against and take them down when they are together. This is a complete mismatch. Don't bring up Immortal Hulk facturing Thor's skull as that doesn't fit Thor's physiology at all, compared to his other feats. Thor under the pen of Aaron or other writers who know how to handle him will undoubtly annihilate Hulk.

Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
#75 Posted by Adm1ralSnackbar (257 posts) - - Show Bio