#1 Posted by Jotun (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn and Sandor’s weapons are both sheathed. They’re within arms reach and Bronn has his hand on his knife. The guards will not interfere.

Show versions only.

#3 Posted by TheSuperor (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hound

#4 Edited by Cregan_Stark (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandor is much too powerful for Bronn to defeat in those tight quarters. For Bronn to have any chance, he would need room to move around and utilize his speed. Sandor is powerful enough to Kill Bronn without weapons.

Also Sandor is fully armored so Bronn’s knife won’t be able to damage him very easily.

#5 Posted by GateOfBabylon (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm inclined to think that Bronn would be quick enough with his dagger for a surprise attack to his neck. If he pulls that off he wins naturally.

If he fails that move, the Hound will win.

#6 Posted by YOA_501 (685 posts) - - Show Bio

Hound

#7 Posted by the_red_viper (12574 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sandor would have been able to see Bronn's knife coming, if it ever got to that point. So yeah Sandor ftw.

#8 Posted by green_skaar (12147 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn

#9 Edited by destinyman75 (13943 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn could win if he gets that quick jab into the neck. But I see that as less likely. Sandor should see the blade coming and literally over power Bronn and kill him with it....good fight though close one but the Hound for a majority

#10 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

The situation didn’t really suit Bronn very well, he had to be very lucky in order to win. Especially on the show, Bronn on his best day would need a bit of luck against Sandor.

In the books, Bronn would give Sandor a heck of a fight. Sandor would still win though

#11 Posted by shirso (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Sandor dodged a knife while drunk in the bar fight. In these close quarters conditions he easily overpowers Bronn and beats him to death.

#12 Posted by Finalbeta (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Bronn

#13 Posted by miekskywalker (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@gateofbabylon: both are dirty fighters, hound wouldn’t fall for those cheap tricks like proper knights

#14 Posted by rogueshadow (29178 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Bronn has the speed advantage to take Sandor out here. Sandor is extremely quick himself and has the reach/strength to manhandle him. And given his sheer hardiness/pain-tolerance, I think Bronn would realistically need an insta-kill like a blow to the heart, neck or head to not risk getting some Oberyn treatment before Sandor bleeds out.

Given how well-armoured Clegane is, with it's gonna have to be the neck/head. I've always envisioned Sandor getting a grip of his arm before Bronn can land a blow, then it's over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#15 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Bronn has the speed advantage to take Sandor out here. Sandor is extremely quick himself and has the reach/strength to manhandle him. And given his sheer hardiness/pain-tolerance, I think Bronn would realistically need an insta-kill like a blow to the heart, neck or head to not risk getting some Oberyn treatment before Sandor bleeds out.

Given how well-armoured Clegane is, with it's gonna have to be the neck/head. I've always envisioned Sandor getting a grip of his arm before Bronn can land a blow, then it's over.

#16 Posted by GateOfBabylon (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

@miekskywalker: agreed, but I just think Bronn might be quick enough.

However it really depends if The Hound was going to draw his sword or stop his dagger. Like the Red Viper himself once said, "Longsword is bad option in close quarters".

If the Hound actually focused on stopping Bronn's dagger instead, then yeah. He would win.

#17 Posted by phillip33 (3931 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandor stomps.

#18 Posted by buildhare (8616 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandor knew what was up there. Pulling a knife would've been the last thing Bronn did.

#19 Edited by rogueshadow (29178 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare said:

Sandor knew what was up there. Pulling a knife would've been the last thing Bronn did.

He had his hand on his kukri.

#20 Posted by buildhare (8616 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare said:

Sandor knew what was up there. Pulling a kukri would've been the last thing Bronn did.

#21 Posted by rogueshadow (29178 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:
@buildhare said:

Sandor knew what was up there. Pulling a kukri would've been the last thing Bronn did.

Ohhhh I misunderstood. I thought you meant Bronn wouldn't have reached for the blade because he knew Sandor would know that's what he was going to do.

#22 Posted by Synth3r (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gotta go with the hound. This is pretty much the worst fight for Bronn, an agile, strong warrior with no typical sense of honor and who is fairly smart.

I think Bronn would still make him work for it, but at the end Sandor would probably kill him.