The Great War and Political Game of Grand Cathay; WHO WINS?!?!?!!? ( READ THE OP! )

Avatar image for deactivated-64173259e84e1
deactivated-64173259e84e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The Great War and Political Game of Grand Cathay; WHO WINS?!?!?!!? ( READ THE OP! ) (3 votes)

The Northern Provinces wins 0%
Heralds of Ariel wins 33%
The Ice Court wins 0%
The Drowned wins 0%
Legion of the Gorequeen wins 0%
Von Carsteins ( Isabella ) wins 0%
Har Ganeth wins 0%
Chevaliers de Lyonesse wins 0%
Court of Lybaras wins 0%
Carcassonne wins 0%
Pirates of Sartosa wins 0%
Wargrove of Woe wins 0%
Avelorn wins 33%
Stalemate/could go either way 33%

Down below are two maps, one empty and one full. The one that is full is listed for each faction's own province. Their own tiny kingdoms have been placed within the province given down below, now some of them were kinda last minute which is why they aren't quite where they might be, but that's because I completely forgot about them. Regardless, who wins in a war. Do note each faction is only given their own personal kingdom's selection of forces and population and transported within the province. Keep in mind all of them know there can only be 1 ruler, but if one wants to submit to the other they can as well, so who dies, who lives, who submits, and who is top dog?!

The Environment - Grand Cathay

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Northern Provinces - Gunpowder Road

Heralds of Ariel - Lands of Stone and Steel

The Ice Court - Imperial Road

Legion of the Gorequeen - Forests of the Moon

The Drowned - Plains of Xen

Von Carsteins - Celestial Riverlands

Har Ganeth - Jade River Delta

Chevaliers de Lyonesse - Nongchang Basin

Court of Lybaras - Wastelands of Jinshen

Carcassonne - Broken Lands of Tian Li

Pirates of Sartosa - The Great Canal

Wargrove of Woe - Jungles of Chi'an

Mount Li - Avelorn

Rules

• The only forces each faction is allowed to use is those of their kingdom. However their population has also been transported to each listed province as well
  • All lore allowed
  • Everyone is at their strongest per kingdom as transported into the lands
  • No jobbing
  • No outside interference
  • Everyone is heavily determined to win; but can make peace and submit to each other and may even backstab, so it will be a political game as well to see who stays loyal to who, but they all know only 1 can rule
  • No prep other than mustering forces
  • Standard gear
  • No BFR
  • Win by becoming the one true ruler of the lands of Cathay

• 
cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a very fun scenario and i will contemplate. I only wish tags worked :(

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Six-Deuce

I’d put smart money on Avelorn due to proximity of amenable diplomatic factions (poor aranissa). Also Vamps and Lybara are going to really damage each other putting them so close. That’s my best stab anyways.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What comic book is this?

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What comic book is this?

This is warhammer, a tabletop game, though it does also have novels, comics and video games :)

Note tags aren't working nowadays

As for OT: something I want to note right of the bat is the chevaliers and carcassone are right by one another. Carcassone is ruled by Louen, the one chosen to be king by the lady of the lake, someone Repanse would doubtlessly surrender to. To their left there's only Lybaras and the Von carsteins. the latter could be a problem, but he will be occupied with Khalida focusing him down hard. To their right is only Sartosa, which is an easy enemy for them to beat (its just a loose faction of pirates, not land-based armies), and while Valkia could have been a threat, she has three order-aligned factions above herself, and no factions really friendly to her. The drowned will also prove little distraction for Kislev. Avelorn is in trouble, stuck between wargrove of woe and har ganeth, both which want them dead, leaving all three also vulnerable and weakened for Bretonnia to pluck out.

At this point, the only strong factions are Bretonnia (carassone and chevaliers) and The Northern provinces - heralds - kislev alliance (order-tide vs Valkia). The latter faction has less loyalty, but the former will have more foes to pick off even if they're weakened, so finishing them off will take some ressources. Kislev is the weakest of the alliance, for they will have fought the full force of the drowned, and while they can easily beat them it will take ressources. However the heralds are rather defensive and trapped between two factions, meaning that they would not engage upon their weakness. Bretonnia has pretty good momentum, at this point they will have finished off: sartosa and har ganeth at minimum, and probably had hand in defeating Har Ganeth with Kislev, and Lybraras-Von Carstein with Cathay. However if the trio alliance remains, bretonnia will be stretched thin and against three pretty strong factions, and could face defeat due to expenditure/being outnumbered.

But the heralds are pretty pro-bretonnia, meaning that its actually likely that they either leave the triumvirate, or outright side with bretonnia. Kislev and cathay would be vulnerable in their invasions of Har ganeth and lybraras-von carstein respectively, whereas after their tri-point attack on valkia the heralds would be chilling. Now however the chevaliers would face kislev at Jade river delta, and carcassone face cathay at the wastelands, while the heralds can threaten both safely. Chevaliers lose to kislev, but carcassone vs northern would be a tough and painful battle for either.

Bretonnia and Northern provinces basically destroyed, Kislev crippled, Heralds take the dub as they go on clean-up duty.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic said:

This is a very fun scenario and i will contemplate. I only wish tags worked :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: real quick, i thought Couronne was what Louen owned, not carcassone. Because I was going kinda for all females here to have a cat fight rather than luoen, if you didn't notice all these factions are all female lead in WH Total war, but they are given the armies their kingdoms that they own in lore to be applied here :)

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: I suppose I mainly differ as Aranissa and drycha’s groups are so small compared to the entire population of larger factions and it would be most likely for each to hunker down and try to play the ambusher. Avelorn has a choice physical location and Alarielle would go right to work joining forces with Repanse and Morgana. Their only obvious immediate threat is Hellebron’s forces which in turn are surrounded by disparate hostile forces. However it all breaks down…it is certain things won’t go well for the only male-led faction

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: real quick, i thought Couronne was what Louen owned, not carcassone. Because I was going kinda for all females here to have a cat fight rather than luoen, if you didn't notice all these factions are all female lead in WH Total war, but they are given the armies their kingdoms that they own in lore to be applied here :)

Brain melted. You're completely right and this is what i get for writing at like 1 am. Technicaly the leader of Carcassone is a male duke (fay leading it is purely for gameplay stuff), but going with Fay leader since thats what you intended. Even so, this only would make the alliance even stronger. Repanse would doubtlessly serve the fay enchantress

@cheth: I suppose I mainly differ as Aranissa and drycha’s groups are so small compared to the entire population of larger factions and it would be most likely for each to hunker down and try to play the ambusher. Avelorn has a choice physical location and Alarielle would go right to work joining forces with Repanse and Morgana. Their only obvious immediate threat is Hellebron’s forces which in turn are surrounded by disparate hostile forces. However it all breaks down…it is certain things won’t go well for the only male-led faction

Well drycha's forces aren't really that small, she is known to lead large armies of forest spirits whenever she does go to war. Particularily mad forest spirits which are alot more aggressive than regular ones. Being next to Allarielle would also trigger her badly, since she hates elves, and the everqueen in particular is one of the catalysts for all the blame she assigns to people. Thats why I believe she would be highly aggressive, especially since har ganeth attacks from the top.

I agree that Aranissa wouldn't seek combat, however since they're the only faction not occupied elsewhere close to the bretonnians, I believe they would just go for them instantly and nuke them off the map.

Kind of disagree that hellebron will be stuck between hostile forces. The drowned will be busy with kislev, and valkia will be busy with the order-tide above her; followers of khaine would not be a priority.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth said:
@masterofmatches said:

Brain melted. You're completely right and this is what i get for writing at like 1 am. Technicaly the leader of Carcassone is a male duke (fay leading it is purely for gameplay stuff), but going with Fay leader since thats what you intended. Even so, this only would make the alliance even stronger. Repanse would doubtlessly serve the fay enchantress

Ah okay, because i was confused :). I figured Repanse would submit, but when you bring up the triple alliances and stuff, they can't ally as per rules. They can only ally IF they submit. Of course they can break the alliance as well if they want to and declare themselves independent again, however that would most likely cause them issues later on down the road as well :)

When you say larger factions, what do you mean by larger factions? Because the only one I think that might have the number's game is Grand Cathay, but that is simply because of their natural population. However each faction you see in the images up above is given strictly that kingdom's population and military, so for example if Carcassone only has 100k people for its entire kingdom, then that's all it gets starting off. Of course growth can resume though once the match begins. As mentioned up above, keep in mind alliances can only happen if someone submits because in order for someone to get the W, there can only be ONE true leader :)

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth said:
@masterofmatches said:

Ah okay, because i was confused :). I figured Repanse would submit, but when you bring up the triple alliances and stuff, they can't ally as per rules. They can only ally IF they submit. Of course they can break the alliance as well if they want to and declare themselves independent again, however that would most likely cause them issues later on down the road as well :)

The fact that the rules said they could make peace made me believe that at least temporarily they could ally. If they can't then most likely Bretonnia wins, because while the heralds have lots of friendly-esque factions around them, they would go to war since none of the three would submit to each other.

@cheth said:
@masterofmatches said:

@six-deuce said:

When you say larger factions, what do you mean by larger factions? Because the only one I think that might have the number's game is Grand Cathay, but that is simply because of their natural population. However each faction you see in the images up above is given strictly that kingdom's population and military, so for example if Carcassone only has 100k people for its entire kingdom, then that's all it gets starting off. Of course growth can resume though once the match begins. As mentioned up above, keep in mind alliances can only happen if someone submits because in order for someone to get the W, there can only be ONE true leader :)

Sartosa and the drowned are very minor factions. The former is a loose group of pirates with no real cohesion, the latter is just a single ghost captain

In terms of numbers:

Kislev, Northern Provinces, Von Carsteins, Lybraras

Carcassone, Gorequeen, Avelorn, Har Ganeth, MAYBE wargrove and heralds

Chevaliers

Drowned/Sartosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth said:
@masterofmatches said:
@cheth said:
@masterofmatches said:

The fact that the rules said they could make peace made me believe that at least temporarily they could ally. If they can't then most likely Bretonnia wins, because while the heralds have lots of friendly-esque factions around them, they would go to war since none of the three would submit to each other.

They can always make peace if one is being ganked or the other because as mentioned up above it is a political game to. If you see someone getting ganked u can either join in or stand aside and build up ur own forces for u might be next, or if you're being double teamed urself finish off the other faction who was attacking you as well. That's what I was aiming for more and less in this debate. Mind you if a person is defeated they can be given the chance to submit as well :)