The Grand Inquisitor vs. Kit Fisto

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The Grand Inquisitor vs. Kit Fisto (32 votes)

Grand Inquisitor 9%
Kit Fisto 91%

Who wins? Canon only.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-62726473530c3
deactivated-62726473530c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto by council scaling, beating Grievous and lasting any amount of time against Darth Sidious.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really hurts to see such a cool character so slighted, but that's what you get for being a saturday morning villain in a kid's show.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else find the idea of twileks and fisto's species wielding lightsabers to be kinda silly? I wish they were given different, original weapons to accommodate their anatomy...

hellothere5432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit Fisto

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto destroys him.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto in a single exchange of blades

this is spite

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Does anyone else find the idea of twileks and fisto's species wielding lightsabers to be kinda silly? I wish they were given different, original weapons to accommodate their anatomy...

Tell me more! How do you feel the lightsabers are mismatched to their anatomy? Do you feel the tentacles might be lopped off accidentally by the weapons? I could see that being a concern, but I also feel as though inherent in the (competent) use of a lightsaber (which most Jedi would have long mastered) is the kind of skill needed to make sure careless mistakes like self-mutilation don't happen. Additionally, it's not as though the tentacles are weightlessly flopping around. They're meaty and shouldn't be flying around chaotically and might even potentially be prehensile to some degree (though this I'm only speculating on and may be entirely wrong), allowing for them to stay in place more or less. While they do flail a bit in the live action displays (I'm thinking of Kit Fisto mainly here) I think that's just a limitation of the costume/prop, as they seem a bit more stable in the clone wars. Anyway, I'm interested to hear your thoughts about the problem and also what kinds of alternate weapons might be better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshotwashere: I mean, your rebuttal concerning the superhuman competence required is a solid response overall but it just doesn't do it for me personally ya know?

Idk man, I would love to get together with some friends and do a bunch of concepts for other weapons the jedi could use. I would also like to be lazy and have a better concept artist do it XD.

In my opinion though, I think that force crystal based weaponry should be universal, as it could be very sensible for their religion to encourage that all have a connection to such a powerful construct of the force. Beyond that, I feel saber pikes maybe even elegant laser guns could work. I was working on a personal project set in the rule of two era that explored it a bit more...

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto due to his Grievous feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-62726473530c3
deactivated-62726473530c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer2: Was it really in Canon? IIRC the novel account is Legends, and the episode itself doesn't really indicate Grievous being that hindered.

Avatar image for deactivated-619c434aa2090
deactivated-619c434aa2090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto cut his head off after a brief fight, he is no match. They are simply not on the same lvl.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#16 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@anderioan: I might be biased toward the traditional saber but I think a pike could be a good middle ground between sabers and something more unique. Cool idea.

crclopezos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit Fisto stomps.

Grand Inquisitor is weaker than Ventress.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit one shot fodder

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Fisto Mid-diff

CatMan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto curbs. Massive moismatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshotwashere: I mean, your rebuttal concerning the superhuman competence required is a solid response overall but it just doesn't do it for me personally ya know?

Idk man, I would love to get together with some friends and do a bunch of concepts for other weapons the jedi could use. I would also like to be lazy and have a better concept artist do it XD.

In my opinion though, I think that force crystal based weaponry should be universal, as it could be very sensible for their religion to encourage that all have a connection to such a powerful construct of the force. Beyond that, I feel saber pikes maybe even elegant laser guns could work. I was working on a personal project set in the rule of two era that explored it a bit more...

There are variations of jedi weaponry, such as force pikes, light wips, Lightsaber guns, Lightsaber sniper rifles etc..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb: all treated as curiosities and exceptions (especially the sniper rifle) rather than as established alternatives for beings of differing shape than humanoids.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anderioan:

Suppose that would lean into how well a sword can be used by a variety of beings of differing shape. In contrast to other more specific weaponry. Most of the beings in the starwars galaxy, even the ones with no arms can still wield a lightsaber, by other means or the force.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb: I would definitely like to see non-humanoid beings have their anatomy taken into consideration when concept artists design weapons for them, not just as Jedi. As for the humanoids with tendrils or other such 'loose' anatomies, I honestly think that the pike lightabers or lasguns would work fine, for jedi like fisto and secura, (im pretty sure filoni took this into consideration) who might insist on the traditional Jedi lightsaber, I enjoy then they make sure their 'tendrils' are tied back behind their head whenever they're even in a situation where they might need them. But yeah, this would require a lot more brainstorming than just some posts on a forum.

Really makes you think. Disney played the short, safe game with their SW content, and because of that, the SW universe is smaller and less interesting than ever now. It's stuff like what we're talking about that could have introduced the fresh and new alongside the nostalgic and familiar.