Avatar image for captaincovalency
#1 Edited by CaptainCovalency (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight to the death, all out war against the two groups. The Governor has Woodbury at his disposal, Negan has the Saviors at his disposal.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (42640 posts) - - Show Bio

Governor kills them all. Governor's team had access to a military base and the stocked up on weapons and even had a tank. Negan's team had some machine guns among them, but I don't recall them having something as badass as a tank.

If Governor was to fight Negan CQC, Negan would win, Governor wasn't much a fighter, and he definitely isn't winning with only one arm. Both were kinda wimps though, they never had real fight, and all signs pointed to them being wimps.

#4 Edited by CaptainCovalency (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: True, I do think that although the Governor had many feats including military access, he came off as a wimp when having to confront someone hand to hand. However, I don't think Negan came off as a wimp. Negan had quite a few scuffles with Rick from time to time, and each time he has ended up beating Rick for the most part. Especially their last fight in volume 21, when he took Rick on after just suffering a slit throat.

#5 Posted by Artyom (6880 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by rogueshadow (28974 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Dwight pulling a Daryl and taking out the tank, by that point though, the Governor will have killed a lot of Negan's men, Negan will still have a slight numbers advantage, then it would come down to who is smarter and I think that's probably Negan, he's a jockish type, but he was much more lucid than the Governor. That's assuming the Governor wasn't killed in the actual tank, since he's dumb enough to get in it himself like he did.

@allstarsuperman: True, I do think that although the Governor had many feats including military access, he came off as a wimp when having to confront someone hand to hand. However, I don't think Negan came off as a wimp. Negan had quite a few scuffles with Rick from time to time, and each time he has ended up beating Rick for the most part. Especially their last fight in volume 21, when he took Rick on after just suffering a slit throat.

That was issue 126 IIRC and Jesus made him his bitch in 114, he wasn't anything special, Jesus or Michonne would slaughter him. Considering how he acted like he was the toughest motherf*cker in the history of man.

#7 Posted by TheComedian_ (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree the posts above. The Governor would win.

Also, in CQC Neegan would totally win against the comic Governor. It'd be a more interesting fight if the TV Gov fought Neegan.

#8 Posted by DrF8 (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not Governot vs Negan but WOODBURY vs SAVIOURS.

If it would be a solo fight Negan would ANIHILATE the Governor...

But as this is Woodbury vs Saviours...well then woodbury wins. They have a TANK and a lot of Trucks, then grenades and a lot of machine guns. Saviours were just a bounch of badass with a couple of guns...

#9 Edited by Artyom (6880 posts) - - Show Bio

@drfate said:

But as this is Woodbury vs Saviours...well then woodbury wins. They have a TANK and a lot of Trucks, then grenades and a lot of machine guns. Saviours were just a bounch of badass with a couple of guns...

lol That has already been said what are yo talking about.

#10 Edited by CaptainCovalency (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Great points, actually. I have to say, I didn't quite consider that yet. However, I do still think that Negan is quite relentless and tough, considering the amount of times that he's beaten Rick hand-to-hand. You're right though, he has gotten owned a few times over now.

#11 Posted by Nefarious (35643 posts) - - Show Bio

The Governor.

#12 Posted by VeteranDebater (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Negan in a 1v1, Governor in the all out war

#13 Posted by Keenko (5183 posts) - - Show Bio

The Governor only really stands a chance due to army gear, but really how much superior is that than what The Saviors bring? Both sides have automatic weapons and the tank is only so effective, they couldn't even fire it. The Saviors had everybody in D.C. under their control.

#14 Posted by CaptainCovalency (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@keenko: I do think that although the tank is a major asset to the Governor, it can be easily overrated. Considering the way Daryl took it town with a single grenade in the TV series, and the fact that obviously, the Saviors are loaded with grenades, shown from the final time that they attacked the Alexandria Safe Zone, I think that the tank could be easily destroyed by the Saviors.

#15 Posted by CaptainCovalency (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@veterandebater: Yes, with 1v1, I totally agree! If I remember correctly, though, I'm pretty sure the Saviors outnumbered Woodbury.

#16 Edited by rogueshadow (28974 posts) - - Show Bio

@veterandebater: Yes, with 1v1, I totally agree! If I remember correctly, though, I'm pretty sure the Saviors outnumbered Woodbury.

Definitely more, around 50 turned up when they killed Glenn, plus they sent another group to Alexandria at the same time, and twelve were killed there, plus they must have been maintaining the security of the sanctuary and their outposts. I'd guess Negan has 100+, probably a maximum of about 150 fighting men and women.

I don't think the tank is an insta-win here, it's a major asset and will kill a lot of men, but I see Dwight or Negan taking it out after it's done a lot of damage.

#17 Posted by the_stegman (40009 posts) - - Show Bio

Woodbury.

#18 Posted by jas0 (992 posts) - - Show Bio

Negan has a more trained army, and more folks at disposal, in a really close war, saviors can win.

#19 Posted by CaptainCovalency (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@jas0: That is true, however I do feel like the Saviors definitely have the advantage of lacking morality, being ruthless to the core, while it was shown that many members of Woodbury's militia (For instance, Lilly Caul), had hesitation and uneasiness when faced with killing.

#20 Posted by CaptainCovalency (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Definitely! After seeing what happened to it in the Television show, I honestly think it isn't an unbeatable asset. I honestly think the Savior's numbers, and lack of a moral code will be major factors which will help them to win.

#21 Posted by Naknasty (124 posts) - - Show Bio

The saviors were a large organization of ruthless killers who emphasized guerrila tactics, terror and intimidation. Woodbury may have a tank which isnt going to do shit when the saviors are dug in in the forest and the people they got aren't very well trained because most of his men are civillians from his town. Negans saviors are all fighters

#22 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Saviors ftw.

#23 Posted by ScottyHawkeye (356 posts) - - Show Bio

the Governor easily.

#24 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

Woodbury stomps.

#25 Edited by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

Saviors. This shouldn't even be debatable. Negan had multiple armies the size of Woodbury, with all of them being more deadly. All Out War was on a scale 20 times bigger then the Woodbury War.

#26 Posted by pateuvasiliu (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Negan has no feats, he wouldn't annihilate anyone.

Governor beat up Rick who's no slouch, Rick duked it out with Shane and Tyreese, both of which are powerhouses. Admittely Rick had been shot in that fight.

Governor has a tank, he wins.

#27 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13137 posts) - - Show Bio

Negan

#28 Posted by JediXMan (42088 posts) - - Show Bio

Negan has no feats, he wouldn't annihilate anyone.

Governor beat up Rick who's no slouch, Rick duked it out with Shane and Tyreese, both of which are powerhouses. Admittely Rick had been shot in that fight.

Governor has a tank, he wins.

Considering how old this thread is, it probably involves comic Negan.

From the sounds of the argument, it looks like TV Governor vs. comic Negan, but I am uncertain.

#29 Posted by MUVDCU (884 posts) - - Show Bio

The Saviors win IMO. The tank is being over valued here. It had no main cannon rounds it's basically just a mobile armor so they can get better positioning.

I wouldn't put it past them to get some kills with it but Negans people were better overall and there are more of them. I don't think the tank can make up the deficit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
#30 Posted by deactivated-5988def3424a7 (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

TV Versions: The Governor because Negan doesn't have enough feats to compete.

Comic Versions: Negan and the Saviors in a close matchup.

#31 Edited by pastepotpete1 (3256 posts) - - Show Bio
@drf8 said:

umm no negans men will fight to the death and no i dont think negan could beat the governer in a fight solo

saviors may be a bunch of badasses with guns but they have a shit load of guns way more than governers plus governers team doesnt like fighting and they wont fight to the death .. they get the fuck out of there if things get rough.. saviors i mena even the females they just keep going until they are completley dead they think negan is like a god or something

governer hillside kingdom and ricks group make like a little over 300 gun men maybe not even that " negan has a army" like for **** sake negan could have thousands of men with guns

#32 Posted by Gameboy081 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Negan wins this

#33 Edited by pastepotpete1 (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_panther18 said:

what are you talking about ?the tv governors forces were a joke .. name one person governors forces killed of ricks crew? they mostly stupid pretty chicks and weak men ..but you're right about one thing ... in a one on one fight governor would absolutley destroy negan ... hell , the governor would solo both negan and dwight at the same time

governor is not a good leader he is too crazy and he isnt not even smart .. negan is very smart and he is a sociopath and his saviors are no joke.. governor is a ladies man ..females actually want to be with him ..negan has to threaten females family members in order to get them to love him

rick was never even scared of the governor in fact he found the governor to be boring he was still moaning over his deceased wife lol lol lol

governor had a tank :negan has the bazooka now he can easily destroy the tank plus that was not woodbury that was a community he meant in the woods woodbury didnt even have a tank

#34 Posted by KratoDaManto (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_panther18 said:

what are you talking about ?the tv governors forces were a joke .. name one person governors forces killed of ricks crew? they mostly stupid pretty chicks and weak men ..but you're right about one thing ... in a one on one fight governor would absolutley destroy negan ... hell , the governor would solo both negan and dwight at the same time

governor is not a good leader he is too crazy and he isnt not even smart .. negan is very smart and he is a sociopath and his saviors are no joke.. governor is a ladies man ..females actually want to be with him ..negan has to threaten females family members in order to get them to love him

rick was never even scared of the governor in fact he found the governor to be boring he was still moaning over his deceased wife lol lol lol

governor had a tank :negan has the bazooka now he can easily destroy the tank plus that was not woodbury that was a community he meant in the woods woodbury didnt even have a tank

Plot my friend. As for as we can tell right now Negans men are just a bunch of dudes with numbers while the Governor actually had some militia from either camp.

#35 Edited by pastepotpete1 (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

@kratodamanto said:
@pastepotpete1 said:
@black_panther18 said:

Plot my friend. As for as we can tell right now Negans men are just a bunch of dudes with numbers while the Governor actually had some militia from either camp.

dude ,governor never had rick in any trouble the guys at terminus and the hospital police would pwn the governor in the tv show

what is everyone's obession with the governor ? if rick wanted to kill him he couldve he let him live because he felt bad for him .. give me a break

a miltia ? yeah right that guy in the saviors group cut daryl up .. daryl could solo three of the governors men at the same time lol that is why the governor took his brother because even with one hand he knew that he was a valuable guy to have at his side but governor was crazy so he thought he would side with his brother and kicked him out

the only people the governors men could beat is the wolves f**ing little 8 year girls were shooting down the governors men lol

i just commented on this post because i like the show i am not going to respond anymore the tv governor and his men were losers i am a good fighter in person but im not going to lie the governor would whup my ass in a fight i dont know about negan because he looks like a old man but the governor bit that guy's finger off and ate it that is sick s***

imagine if the governor had negan's men? he would be unstopable

that was a stupid batttle tactic shoot at the prison and then bring a truck with zombies that isnt going to work !

#36 Edited by pastepotpete1 (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

i just rewatched the whole series and yes the tv governer is absolutely pathetic compared to his comic version.. he never had rick in any real danger .. where as negan had rick and his group getting on their knees pleading to other commitiess to help them .. hell .. the other commitiess like the collective made rick and his group go get guns for them

comic governer managed to storm in ; kill some of ricks men when rick was ready for them

comic governer managed to get a hold of michone and torture her and managed to even kidnap rick and chop his fooking hand off

also comic governer and his men killed a couple of outpost along the road and raped their females .. where as tv governer was against rape but he like his comic counter part was not totally against torture .. he didnt even touch maggie he just wanted to scare her .. he wasnt a monster ! " he was a decent guy before the outbreak" that is what his friend the doctor said

tv governer did absolutuletly jack except get himself into a lovers quarel and kill adriana and he almost got himself killed trying to do that .. capture a small blonde female by himself !. speaking of lone females michone took out his eye by herself

he( governer) never had rick in any real danger .. where as negan had rick and his group getting on their knees pleading to other commitiess to help them .. hell .. the other commitiess like the collective made rick and his group go get guns for them .. negans group killed like more than 5 of ricks soliders and another five of ricks civilians .. you cant use numbers as a excuse for negans group making Alexandria and turning them and the Hilltop and making them worse than slaves .. governer couldnt even get his group to fight for him !

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#37 Posted by bowlt_swagg_320 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Governor, Martinez, Merle, Shupert all can solo like half of his men but in the end Negan wins due to more men, weapons, and firepower

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#38 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4445 posts) - - Show Bio

Negan due to his men.

Avatar image for artoriasabysswalker
#39 Posted by ArtoriasAbyssWalker (472 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is a one on one fight between the TV Show versions then Governor stomps Negan quite literally. The dude is far more ruthless and unhinged. Negan has 0/10 survival here.

#40 Posted by Naknasty (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@artoriasabysswalker: not really. Negan is way more ruthless and intelligent the governor was just a maniac who only controlled a small town Negan controlled way more territory and literally broke rick into submission everyone has an absolute respect/fear for negan and not just the saviors. Negan sees the bigger picture. The governor let his emotions cloud his judgement. And those in his inner circle already had they’re doubts. I don’t even need to mention that the governor failed twice and both of his armies were incompetent. They never even really used any strategies. I’d be willing to say Meryl and Martinez probably would’ve jumped ship. Negan wins 9/10 the governor would be lucky to take down one base.

#41 Posted by Red_Viper (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomedian_: Negan can easily beat the Governor because he's more tough and more stronger than Governor

#42 Posted by Cowboy17 (148 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by KeyserSoze (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@naknasty said:

@artoriasabysswalker: not really. Negan is way more ruthless and intelligent the governor was just a maniac who only controlled a small town Negan controlled way more territory and literally broke rick into submission everyone has an absolute respect/fear for negan and not just the saviors. Negan sees the bigger picture. The governor let his emotions cloud his judgement. And those in his inner circle already had they’re doubts. I don’t even need to mention that the governor failed twice and both of his armies were incompetent. They never even really used any strategies. I’d be willing to say Meryl and Martinez probably would’ve jumped ship. Negan wins 9/10 the governor would be lucky to take down one base.

I tend to agree.

I think the Saviors would take some losses, but ultimately prevail.

The two biggest factors to me are:

1) Negan is arguably more clear-headed and cunning than the Governor. The Governor is an unhinged psychopath who is liable to lose it on anyone anytime. While this makes him very dangerous, it's certainly not an ideal attribute of a wartime leader. I think Negan would almost definitely out-scheme him.

2) Negan has a far larger army, with multiple outposts, and overall, more resources at his disposal.

#44 Posted by pastepotpete1 (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

The Governer loses.. he can't even beat Madison's group from fear The Walking Dead

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#45 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4445 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is a one on one fight between the TV Show versions then Governor stomps Negan quite literally. The dude is far more ruthless and unhinged. Negan has 0/10 survival here.

Avatar image for nintendoreviewer
#46 Posted by NintendoReviewer (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually produced a live action video of The Governor and Negan meeting and fighting. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUBPWyJhyUY

#47 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio