• 77 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for alpha
#1 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

Could this mutant beat the Midnighter without using his powers to turn people to stone?

Gorgon:

Ability to turn humans to stone. Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes. Regenerative healing factor, telepathy, teleportation.

Genius level intellect in multiple areas

Midnighter:

Enhanced physical attributes such as strength, speed, stamina, agility and reflexes. Able to anticipate the moves of his opponents. Healing factor witht he ability to turn off pain receptors.

Avatar image for logic_mark_iii
#2 Posted by Logic Mark III (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

Good 'fight' was thinking of posting myself. Gorgon would merc the hell out of Midnighter. He would know his movements before he does and Gorgon moves at the speed of thought, so he can cope if not outclass Midnighter there.

Avatar image for alpha
#3 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Good 'fight' was thinking of posting myself. Gorgon would merc the hell out of Midnighter. He would know his movements before he does and Gorgon moves at the speed of thought, so he can cope if not outclass Midnighter there."

Don't forget, the Midnighter can move at superspeeds fro brief moments.

Avatar image for nerx
#4 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle

Avatar image for alpha
#5 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
Nerx said:
"But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle"

They would be on even ground.
Avatar image for the_creator
#6 Posted by the creator (8562 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Nerx said:
"But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle"
They would be on even ground. "
In the Authority comic, Regis beat Midnighter and he had enahnced stats but also telepthy.
As long as Gorgon's telepathy is advanaced enough to fully read a person's mind, then he un theory overcome the Midnighter's tactical computer and plan his attack based on the information he is getting from Midnighters head.

Avatar image for alpha
#7 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Alpha said:
"Nerx said:
"But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle"
They would be on even ground. "
In the Authority comic, Regis beat Midnighter and he had enahnced stats but also telepthy.As long as Gorgon's telepathy is advanaced enough to fully read a person's mind, then he un theory overcome the Midnighter's tactical computer and plan his attack based on the information he is getting from Midnighters head."

From what I have read, Gorgon telepathy allows him to do what Midnighter does. I didn't get any indication that he could read minds to the level of Emma for example.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#8 Posted by King Saturn (221165 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm... Gorgon may win here
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#9 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19545 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually could. I do have some questions though. His telepathy seems undefined. If he could read the minds of his enemies, how was Wolverine able to trick him into turning himself to stone? Wouldn't he have seen that coming since Wolverine was planning on doing it, or am I missing something? Why wouldn't Midnighter's ability be able to anticipate Gorgon's psychic abilities and make plans on that? (Regis beat him with the help of TP, but Regis was also way out of his league and I don't think someone on Wolverine's level is, but then again, I don't know the Gorgon.) What is the extent of his teleportation? I see it listed on a few sources but not described. (I don't think it would matter too much if Midnighter can predict where he reappears, but I still would like to know.) I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 


Unrelated: I always think of Gorgon and Morlun together (or against each other?). Maybe it's the skin tone, nice clothes and long black hair.
Moderator
Avatar image for alpha
#10 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"He actually could. I do have some questions though. His telepathy seems undefined. If he could read the minds of his enemies, how was Wolverine able to trick him into turning himself to stone? Wouldn't he have seen that coming since Wolverine was planning on doing it, or am I missing something? Why wouldn't Midnighter's ability be able to anticipate Gorgon's psychic abilities and make plans on that? (Regis beat him with the help of TP, but Regis was also way out of his league and I don't think someone on Wolverine's level is, but then again, I don't know the Gorgon.) What is the extent of his teleportation? I see it listed on a few sources but not described. (I don't think it would matter too much if Midnighter can predict where he reappears, but I still would like to know.) I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 

Unrelated: I always think of Gorgon and Morlun together (or against each other?). Maybe it's the skin tone, nice clothes and long black hair.
"
That Wolverine point was good, but it may be just a plot gimmick. U know how writers are. The telepathy is part of his abilities though. It's how he beat Elektra without effort.
Avatar image for logic_mark_iii
#11 Posted by Logic Mark III (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

The Beserker rage thing/Weapon X training/Living in a house of telepaths might be the reason Wolverine managed to give Gorgon the alley oop.

Avatar image for castleking
#12 Posted by castleking (24743 posts) - - Show Bio
gorgon ftw...
Avatar image for ogreman
#13 Posted by OgreMan (366 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a damn good fight.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
#14 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (7064 posts) - - Show Bio
@OgreMan said:
"This is a damn good fight. "

yes sir
Gorgon has it though
Avatar image for nerx
#15 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs: Seeing as nobody said that MN packs reflective goods then it goes to Gorgon
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#16 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx
said:

" @StrongestOneThereIs: Seeing as nobody said that MN packs reflective goods then it goes to Gorgon"

@Buckshot said:
I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 


 
Moderator
Avatar image for logic_mark_iii
#17 Posted by Logic Mark III (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

If he can't fool Gorgon into looking into his own reflection how does he achieve this? Also who says he will be that close? He doesn't even need to use his stoney stare, he is perfectly capable of battering Midnighter.

Avatar image for nerx
#18 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

50-50 , MN's pole staff could reflect and the surface is wider that Wolvie's Claw

Avatar image for castleking
#19 Posted by castleking (24743 posts) - - Show Bio
this is just asinine
Avatar image for nerx
#20 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: Whats an asinine? sorry

but Wolvie pulled a lucky one i guess, and what about Gorgon's concentration it must be mind blowing to have a billion scenarios to run down someone's head.
Avatar image for castleking
#21 Posted by castleking (24743 posts) - - Show Bio
a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.  their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks  counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.
Avatar image for fluke_buddha
#22 Posted by Fluke-buddha (662 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon has this one in the bag, His combat abilities are enough to take down Midnighter, his ability to turn ppl into stone wouldn't even come into play.  As far as MN tricking him into seeing his own reflection, thats abit difficult when Gorgon wears a blindfold.

Avatar image for king_quisling
#23 Posted by King Quisling (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

The Gorgon. Slaughterhouse.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#24 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7276 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.  their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks  counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter."

lol who do you blame?
Avatar image for nerx
#25 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

How fast is the gorgon?

Avatar image for castleking
#26 Posted by castleking (24743 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
" How fast is the gorgon? "
fast enough to toy with wolverine and elektra at the same time.
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#27 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7276 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"i dont want to say i feel like i'll be banned if i say the name....  :("

so you want to say buckshot?
Avatar image for castleking
#28 Posted by castleking (24743 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
" @castleking said:
"i dont want to say i feel like i'll be banned if i say the name....  :("
so you want to say buckshot? "
i didnt say that
Avatar image for jthree47693
#29 Posted by JThree47693 (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#30 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7276 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"@the human Juggernaut said:
" @castleking said:
"i dont want to say i feel like i'll be banned if i say the name....  :("
so you want to say buckshot? "
i didnt say that"

why not? he's not going to ban you, if you ask him he'll tell you he likes midnighter.
Avatar image for nerx
#31 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon is good but his only edge is limited, Telepath and Stone stare... he should do it and kill MN quick (no fooling around with MN unless you are invulnerable)

Avatar image for logic_mark_iii
#32 Posted by Logic Mark III (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say that. He has a healthy degree of invulnerability/immortality, super strength, incredible speed and martial arts prowess that overhwelmed Wolverine and Elektra.

Avatar image for nerx
#33 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio
@Logic Mark III: Speed feats are not that impressive, but when mixed with stealth creates the impression of hyperbole. He overwhelms them due to his telepathy as the main factor
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
#34 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19149 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter gouges out his eyes breaks his neck

Avatar image for nerx
#35 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean MN vs Gorgon is good but what about The Gorgon vs Mr.X?

link:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/mister-x-vs-gorgon-tomi-shishido/391395/

Avatar image for renny
#36 Posted by Renny (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
" @Logic Mark III: Speed feats are not that impressive, but when mixed with stealth creates the impression of hyperbole. He overwhelms them due to his telepathy as the main factor"

 
 
 
 
 
 
He cut three bullets in half when they were inches away from someones face. I'd say that's pretty fast. 
 
Gorgon wins this btw.
Avatar image for kinasin_
#37 Posted by Kinasin_ (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious what more people think on this matchup.

Avatar image for redberry
#38 Posted by Redberry (818 posts) - - Show Bio

Assume Midnighter can use door, couldn't he just cut the guy in half with it or teleport him into outerspace? Against a dangerous opponent, I don't think Midnighter would be playing around like with his usual opponents.

Avatar image for billy_batson
#39 Posted by Billy Batson (59906 posts) - - Show Bio

CB wins either way.
BB

Avatar image for dex_starr
#40 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

Better call CB

Avatar image for vance_astro
#41 Posted by vance_astro (90020 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

CB wins either way.
BB

Chris Brown?
Moderator
Avatar image for billy_batson
#42 Posted by Billy Batson (59906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Billy Batson said:

CB wins either way.
BB

Chris Brown?

CitizenBane.
BB

Avatar image for vance_astro
#43 Posted by vance_astro (90020 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

CitizenBane.

BB

Same person.
Moderator
Avatar image for billy_batson
#44 Posted by Billy Batson (59906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

No Caption Provided

BB

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
#45 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7451 posts) - - Show Bio

Was a thread not long ago that saw CB arguing Midnighter could beat both the Gorgon and Deathstroke at once if memory serves. Don't think the argument would change drastically much in a one on one.

That, and Gorgon was polluted by the whole Dark Avengers fiasco. Took some shine off his polish.

Avatar image for dex_starr
#46 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Was a thread not long ago that saw CB arguing Midnighter could beat both the Gorgon and Deathstroke at once if memory serves. Don't think the argument would change drastically much in a one on one.

That, and Gorgon was polluted by the whole Dark Avengers fiasco. Took some shine off his polish.

I think Citizenbane almost had a heart attack when he saw Daredevil KO Gorgon.

Avatar image for fourthdeity
#47 Posted by FourthDeity (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

@castleking said:

a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.
Avatar image for dex_starr
#48 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

@castleking said:

a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.

So...what exactly are you getting out of quoting a year old post from someone who not only is wrong, not only hasn't posted on this site in a year [thank god] but is also a notorious Marvel fanboy who simply hates Midnighter and knows little about the character?

On top of that I'm willing to bet anything that you've never read a comic with Midnighter or Gorgon in it.

Avatar image for saren
#49 Posted by Saren (27534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Billy Batson said:

CitizenBane.

BB

Same person.

-___-

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Was a thread not long ago that saw CB arguing Midnighter could beat both the Gorgon and Deathstroke at once if memory serves. Don't think the argument would change drastically much in a one on one.

That, and Gorgon was polluted by the whole Dark Avengers fiasco. Took some shine off his polish.

That was Buckshot's gig. The walls of text were enormous.

I think Gorgon would do better against Midnighter than people like Wolverine or Deathstroke, but the more showings a character gets the easier it becomes to argue against them. I could have argued that Nemesis would beat Midnighter after her introductory series, since she could react to and one-shot a rushing Majestic among other things, but then she gets feats against other people that slowly move her down a notch or two. Gorgon's the same case, and I'm not even talking about that Daredevil kick, his fight with Phobos, though awesome, does work against him: Phobos is a godly kid, but I can't really argue that he's on Midnighter's level.

Avatar image for billy_batson
#50 Posted by Billy Batson (59906 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

-___-

Don't deny ti!
BB