The Galactic Empire (Star Wars EU) runs an infected/zombie gauntlet.

#1 Posted by jamkid23 (328 posts) - - Show Bio

The Star Wars universe has a big variety of races/species in it. I don't think they have a hostile "take over your body" enemy there so let's see how they fare against those.

The adversary will randomly take over one of the Galactic Empire's planets and will attempt to spread to more planets. It is up to the Galactic Empire to completely eradicate them.

Round one: Xenomorphs (Alien)

Round two: Necromorphs (Dead Space)

Round three: The Flood (Halo)

Round four: Reapers (Mass Effect)

Round five: the Zerg (Starcraft)

Round six: The Borg (Star Trek)

Round seven: Tyranids (Warhammer 40k)

Round eight: Marvel Zombies and Black Lantern Corps (New 52)

#2 Posted by MErulezall (3959 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is the Flood below the Reapers and the Zerg?

#3 Posted by Rockette (6683 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the heck are the Alien Xenomorphs in Round 1? The Empire dies here, there is no Round 2!

#5 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

If the empire knows what they're dealing with, they would know to immediately send in vader or palpatine would oversee the quarantine himself. I can actually see the empire making a planetary blockade and slowly eradicating the infection but this strategy will prove ineffective against the zerg and above.

#6 Posted by MErulezall (3959 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshtaku: Why would it prove ineffective with the zerg and above, more specifically why the Zerg.

#7 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@merulezall: The flood, correct me if I'm wrong, has the capability to completely decimate a planet's entire population but would be hardpressed to different worlds after that if a counter measure is prepared before they can get off world. A planetary blockade would be one of those solutions. Any infected ships the flood would launch up will be intercepted and destoryed by the empire, and spores I imagine would not be a problem with either vader or palpatine there who can conjure up the force to keep them away ( I might be sorely overestimating vader and palpatine here so correct me if I'm wrong)

The zerg however can evolve into actual space travelling living ships. An entire swarm I imagine would be too much for the empire and their blockade would fall within moments.

Admittedly, I only have knowledge about the zerg, the tyrannids, the xenomorphs, and like game halo 3 knowledge about the flood. So feel free to refute what I said if it's wrong.

#8 Posted by MErulezall (3959 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshtaku:

The flood, correct me if I'm wrong, has the capability to completely decimate a planet's entire population but would be hardpressed to different worlds after that if a counter measure is prepared before they can get off world. A planetary blockade would be one of those solutions. Any infected ships the flood would launch up will be intercepted and destoryed by the empire, and spores I imagine would not be a problem with either vader or palpatine there who can conjure up the force to keep them away ( I might be sorely overestimating vader and palpatine here so correct me if I'm wrong)

Not just a planet's pop but the entire planet itself. It depends if the Empire even notices though.

The zerg however can evolve into actual space travelling living ships. An entire swarm I imagine would be too much for the empire and their blockade would fall within moments.

The Zerg's ships suck though and the GE have a fleet that could destroy the zerg fairly easy depending on which lore we do.

#9 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@merulezall: Yes, the zerg ships are squishy and fodder but their main purpose of for transport. Once they get into orbit, They will squirt out those flying zerg (forgot their names lol) possibly by the hundreds of thousands. Now, these flying buggers are capable of bringing down battle cruisers in starcraft through boarding, blasting the engines, or kamikazee tactics.

But assuming the empire blockade doesanage to contain the zerg, they will never make it through a tyrannid hive fleet. These baddies can decimate entire regiments of imperial guard and the space marines suffered exponential casualties in both men and ships trying to eradicate one hive fleet.

So given the benefit of the doubt with the zerg and everything below, tyrannids will crush any of the forces the empire can muster and will consume the entire galaxy.

#10 Posted by MErulezall (3959 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshtaku:

Yes, the zerg ships are squishy and fodder but their main purpose of for transport. Once they get into orbit, They will squirt out those flying zerg (forgot their names lol) possibly by the hundreds of thousands.

Those hundreds of thousands are nothing but fighters in the SW universe and even in the SC universe they are nothing but fighters. The thing is in SC its made it clear that Capital ships are needed to help transport troops and supplies and be basically mobile platforms for whatever faction. However, IIRC if you read I Mengsk, it explains that they also rely on fighters to swarm said star trips and so on. The Difference is the Terrans lack shields for the most part, so the Zerg air is decent. Protoss has shields, but based on the lore we choose for SW, the durability of SW shields and SC shields, protoss, can wild greatly.

On top of that ISDs and other various GE space forces have excellent rates of fire, targeting systems, and micro batteries to counter such swarming tactics. Don't get me wrong here the Zerg do their job, and do it well. On ground for the most part they rape the GE, but Ground doesn't win the war, space does. If u can trap and contain and push the zerg, then they die like anyone else and sure they can evolve, but it takes a hivemind to do so and tons of time for the most part, not always.

Regardless if Sidious shows up as you stated, he force storms the entire planet and everyone dies. It may take a while, but his force storms are huge, like Kerrigan's Psi storms.

Now, these flying buggers are capable of bringing down battle cruisers in starcraft through boarding, blasting the engines, or kamikazee tactics.

SW shields should protect them from most of that if not all of that tbh. Idk if the shields cover the engines, but I dont recall the zerg going straight for the engines every time, maybe they could but you still got a decent sized fleet and on top of that decent weapons that are strong enough to tear the zerg a new a-hole in space. Zerg aren't gonna win space, not unless the GE forgets about them and the Swarm grows to new levels and sizes that we haven't really seen before.

@wolfrazer Does the GE shields protect the engines as well?

But assuming the empire blockade doesanage to contain the zerg, they will never make it through a tyrannid hive fleet. These baddies can decimate entire regiments of imperial guard and the space marines suffered exponential casualties in both men and ships trying to eradicate one hive fleet.

The GE can stop a hive fleet, but no where near as effective as the Warhammer races, the GE was basically preparing for a watered down version of the Tyranids, the Vong. Who have ships just as big as the nids and their space is actually decent compared to the nids as even nids in space are still trash and rely heavily on using their superior numbers to bust through enemy fleets and so on. If all nid hive fleets came in at once, yes SW is doomed forever, but one hive fleet depending on which one the GE could win if we are using their higher end calcs. Do understand disney's empire will always lose though, always.

So given the benefit of the doubt with the zerg and everything below, tyrannids will crush any of the forces the empire can muster and will consume the entire galaxy.

The nids and up the GE loses, unless we are talking about the flood in their prime in which they solo everyone here, but the Black Lanterns and maybe the marvel zombies. However, I was under the impression each race was given a planet full of bio and had already consumed it, but I think I read that wrong.

#11 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@merulezall: Yes you are right, the races do already have a planet they consumed, unless I also read it wrong.

Did I hear that right? The GE can push back a nid hive fleet? The nids aren't trash in space by no means. A hivefleet had enough presence of mind to lure a group of imperium ships (can't remember the exact number whether a fleet or armada) into a trap and utterly decimate them with only a handful or less ships being able to retreat. These are ships that far outclass the empire ships and yet they got beaten down hard.

I don't know if this is accurate but doesn't empire ships shields only deflect projectiles but not actual fighter ships coming close to it?

#12 Posted by Wut (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Round One: Easy Star Wars victory. Xenomorphs rely on others to really move them around. They are really scary and dangerous on a small scale, but not really a threat to a large nation. Probably why they were used as bioweapons.

Round Two: Eh, Necromorphs, themselves, are rather weak. The threat comes from the mass mind control/madness they are capable of. Star wars should be able to handle it with their space assets though.

Round Three: Which flood? I'ma assume Halo 1-3 flood and, honestly, I think Star Wars can stop them. They have the travel speed, power and sensory tech to theoretically quarantine and purge the flood before they hit a point of critical mass. Of course, if they fail to do that somehow, the Flood spread out of control and win.

Round Four: Reaper fleet gets rekt.

Round Five: Zerg lose the first planet thanks to space domination, eventually get purged from the planet. Zerg could possibly escape, but they'd just become a 'alien of the week'. An occasional menace that the Star Wars main factions come and boot out here and there, like space cockroaches.

Round Six: Borg get hard stopped.

Round Seven: Depends. Do you mean 'ALL THE TYRANIDS!' because, if so, yeah, the Nids eat the GE. Do you mean like.. a splinter fleet? Same as the flood, theoretically, the GE should be able to quarantine and contain them before they hit critical mass. Do you mean a hive fleet? If so, which? I'm confident the GE could pay the Iron Price to stop Behemoth, but Leviathan would be a trickery attempt. I think, eventually, the GE could stop either after paying the Iron Price... just Leviathan would not be pleasant.

Round Eight: Marvel Zombies.. as in.. Yeah, no.

#13 Posted by MErulezall (3959 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshtaku:

Did I hear that right? The GE can push back a nid hive fleet? The nids aren't trash in space by no means. A hivefleet had enough presence of mind to lure a group of imperium ships (can't remember the exact number whether a fleet or armada) into a trap and utterly decimate them with only a handful or less ships being able to retreat. These are ships that far outclass the empire ships and yet they got beaten down hard.

As I said, it depends on the nid fleet, I dont think they can beat levie, but the others they should have no issue. Also that was a trap which the nids rely on getting in close and personal. Even again orks who have used asteroids as a mine field blew nids up before they could do anything. The Empire ships are only "far" out classed if we use disney canon, they are out classed in non canon, but ICS puts them in the ball park. This is why I said it entirely depends on which lore you wish to use.

I don't know if this is accurate but doesn't empire ships shields only deflect projectiles but not actual fighter ships coming close to it?

No it does both, an ISD by mistake rammed into a Super ISD and all the super ISD suffered from was some shield damage, keep in mind, said ISD was not the only one but actually IIRC 3 of them and they were in light speed.

#14 Posted by Wut (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

@merulezall: They didn't ram it at light speed, its still a good durability feat, but it wasn't light speed.

#15 Posted by jamkid23 (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I am surprised no one has said the Galactic Empire uses a Death Star to blow up the infected planet.

#16 Edited by Wolfrazer (16635 posts) - - Show Bio

@merulezall: Shields are all encompassing so yeah, and ISDs are pretty good at stopping other ships from crashing into them with their shields. An ISD was able to withstand Vong coralskippers making suicide runs in crashing against the bridge while the shield was up.

#17 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamkid23: Because that would be too boring. I had that same thoughtnbut decided to go for the blockade

#18 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@merulezall: I only base my star wars knowledge on the movies and some snippets from novels. And from what I know, GE isn't going to match the nids.

I don't know about the non-canon stuff you talk about but I'll take your word for it that non-canon could take on a hive fleet.

#19 Posted by MErulezall (3959 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshtaku:

I only base my star wars knowledge on the movies and some snippets from novels. And from what I know, GE isn't going to match the nids.

Yeah, ofc movie versions would lose haha.

I don't know about the non-canon stuff you talk about but I'll take your word for it that non-canon could take on a hive fleet.

Yeah like I said there's tiers to star wars and GE ICS calcs give the GE the ability to tango with the IoM and could even possibly win.

#20 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2651 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hell is the Flood so low? The Flood can definitely beat the Empire. If they infect a Force sensitive, there's also the possibility that the Flood can simulate Force abilities.