The Flood vs Warhammer 40k

• 138 results
ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The fungal parasites of Halo have invaded Warhammer 40k.

How do you think the factions will handle this new threat and do you think they'll be able to wipeout the flood? Or will they be consumed by the endless onslaught that is the all consuming race?

The first to encounter the flood are the Space Marines and Blood Axe Orks. They retreat and tell their leaders of the new threat so they can prepare.

As the flood slowly expands, the other factions take notice of the new enemy.

I'd love to have some great discussions on this.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Interesting. But we know Halo parasites are largely unbeatable. Not sure.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tyranids are basically the flood on steroids

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IF they get up to Silentium levels, the only threat to them are united Necrons (with C'Tan) or Chaos.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Silentium Flood? Wouldn't a full force of the Tyranids be able to take them on?

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: I know anything organic is at risk of getting infected. The only way the ancient humans destroyed the flood was by genetic warfare, and they still returned. The Forerunners couldn't even stop them permanently. The tyranids might unknowingly become the main fuel for the flood.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the tyranids can use them for food as well and frankly tyranid forms are a hell of a lot more deadly than flood forms.

In the end I see talk three way battle tyranids flood and necrons

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: I know anything organic is at risk of getting infected. The only way the ancient humans destroyed the flood was by genetic warfare, and they still returned. The Forerunners couldn't even stop them permanently. The tyranids might unknowingly become the main fuel for the flood.

Or vice versa. Nids are genetic geniuses design to adapt and eat anything. Even energy!

Kainboa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kainboa

The Flood enters the 40k Universe, and they call it nothing new.

The Flood are similar to Tyranids and Orkz, in their M.O.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the flood acts like a computer system. Once the flood infects one person, that knowledge that the person had is transferred through all of the flood. The flood are parasites...but extremely smart ones.

I think the flood clears.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

Feats for Silentium Flood? Wouldn't a full force of the Tyranids be able to take them on?

IIRC, SIlentium Flood has Precursor infrastructure, Forerruner stuff, and a Keymind. Also has the abilities to close off extra-dimensional movement of vast swaths of space, destroy planets and solar systems with star roads, hack AIs and crap (like Scrap Code), and lots of stuff like that.

Oops, yeah, Tyranids should be in the final fight as well.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_imperator: @anal_vomit: I think the SM, orks,and Tyranids will be the main contenders in the final battle. They'd have to pull out all the stops to take out the flood that's assimilated 40k creatures.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Chaos could solo if fully unleashed.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orks Stomp, if united.

Tyranids Roflstomp if united.

Imperium wins, if united.

Chaos should win too.

Necrons stomp so hard that it is not even funny.

But this is not opìs request.

Op presents the normal 40k universe, with the flood entering.

And i say: nothing new.They won't be killed, just because everyone has better things to do.

Tyranids are the flood on steroids, Orks are worse because of the half-fungus biology, any fight with the necrons would be a stomp for the necrons.

I'd only be worried if they appear near to the tau empire.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Aside from Chaos is there any other race that can match the Necrons now? Seems to me there isn't.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Aside from Chaos is there any other race that can match the Necrons now? Seems to me there isn't.

Chaos?
Chaos can't do a thing against them if the necrons are not that dumb to take the fight into Maelstrom/eye of terror, outside that even chaos can't stand a chance.

Necrons have been depowered, but are still leagues over anyone else.The new lore tough they are not all unified, they have internalproblems.

Not as bad as the ork's or the ones of Chaos, but they are just not that skynet level of cooperation.

They are still too good on the travel-casualty thing(they simply take one actual casualty every like 10k of the enemy, most are tp'ed back to the tomb, repaired and spawned again, even if the damage is too bad for reanimation protocols)

and the weapons-bypass-anything-you-can-have-that-is-not-a-force-field.

And the ridiculous Cripteck abilities, in particular time manipulation.A mantle of frozen time shards!?come on!

An imperium with no other enemies, no internal problems could stop them IMO,with tremendous damage, but the imperium's actual condition is the opposite.

They are an enemy on a 30k-imperium level Imho.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Well technically as soon as the Emperor's shields go down the Warp will spill into reality so it won't matter if the Necrons choose to fight them in near the Eye Of Terror or not so providing the full force of Chaos is unleashed they should be a match for unified Necrons.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pierpat

@pierpat: Well technically as soon as the Emperor's shields go down the Warp will spill into reality so it won't matter if the Necrons choose to fight them in near the Eye Of Terror or not so providing the full force of Chaos is unleashed they should be a match for unified Necrons.

Ah, you intend that as chaos......

Oh, that should stomp, the chaos gods unleashed are said to be able to crush the whole galaxy by themselves,singularly.

But it's all Hype/no limits fallacy, we don't have feats for an unleashed chaos, we don't know what would happen(thanks to The God Emperor, may his light shine for another ten times ten thousand years).

Unified chaos intended as all the factions could probably hold their ground in the Mayor Warp storms, but would not be able to do decent assaults on tomb worlds.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZombieMowlcher

@pierpat: What about their equivelent of the dark elves? They use pain to defeat their enemies. Since the flood don't feel anything, they'd be in big trouble. The flood obtains space travel and technology far beyond halo.

Also, I think the orcs mught be the best hope. If they believe the flood can't infect them, then they're safe from being assimilated while alive.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92 said:

Chaos could solo if fully unleashed.

Well.. there's very few things that Chaos couldn't solo if fully unleashed. :P

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Even without the Chaos Gods there are limitless Daemons in the warp so the best outcome fighting something that has no limit is a stalemate.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: If the demons are susceptible to flood, then they'll just keep adding to the killer fungus's numbers.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiemowlcher: Space Marines solo.

Loading Video...

They have Deep Strikes and shall not FHEEEEL!

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pierpat

@zombiemowlcher: @strider92: that is nonsense, the daemons are not limitless in the true reality but only theorically,if they where limitless in warp storms sucessful raids and crusades in warp storms would be impossible, and the whole"they get power from war/disease/sexual depravation and pleasure would not make sense IMO.

Dark eldar are not attacable by someone who has not webway tech, the flood(just like the mayority of

40k factions, no bias) has no way of attacking them.

P.S. Posting fron phone, sorry for grammar mistakes

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: If the demons are susceptible to flood, then they'll just keep adding to the killer fungus's numbers.

This is quite the opposite. Chaos God Nurgle has used his Reality Warping powers to infect Tyranids, which adapt to anything, with his plagues. If anything, the flood will be infected with Nurgles Rot and become his pwns lol.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Strider1992

@pierpat: Daemons are limitless. Thats why there's such a massive panic when a warp rift is opened. Daemons can come through it as much as they like. The reason that one warp rift hasn't caused the downfall of 40k is because it is nigh-impossible to hold a rift open indefinitely hence why most daemons are summoned singularly or that very powerful Sorceror's like Ahzek Ahriman can only hold rifts open long enough to bring maybe a few hundred few due to the immense strain on their bodies cause by exposure to the warp and having to break through the pisonic shield put up by the Emperor. Not to mention they cannot survive indefinitely outside the warp.

I'll find the extract and post it here when i've done some digging. Its been outright stated that Daemons have limitless numbers.

@zombiemowlcher said:

Daemons aren't made of flesh and blood but pure pisonic manifestation. In lore you can hardly even touch them with standard weapons and even when their physical manifestation is beaten down they simply go back to the warp and come back. The Grey Knights have weapons that cut through dimensions specifically designed to kill them. The Flood probably wouldn't be able to kill them let alone infect.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Daemons are limitless. Thats why there's such a massive panic when a warp rift is opened. Daemons can come through it as much as they like. The reason that one warp rift hasn't caused the downfall of 40k is because it is nigh-impossible to hold a rift open indefinitely hence why most daemons are summoned singularly or that very powerful Sorceror's like Ahzek Ahriman can only hold rifts open long enough to bring maybe a few hundred few due to the immense strain on their bodies cause by exposure to the warp and having to break through the pisonic shield put up by the Emperor. Not to mention they cannot survive indefinitely outside the warp.

I'll find the extract and post it here when i've done some digging. Its been outright stated that Daemons have limitless numbers.

@zombiemowlcher said:

Daemons aren't made of flesh and blood but pure pisonic manifestation. In lore you can hardly even touch them with standard weapons and even when their physical manifestation is beaten down they simply go back to the warp and come back. The Grey Knights have weapons that cut through dimensions specifically designed to kill them. The Flood probably wouldn't be able to kill them let alone infect.

Limitless=Hyperbole.

Countless=Right.

This is a opinion, and sad to say it's very debated.

Please, don't consider me a noob of 40k,i may be under comicvine standards for comics, but not for 40k, i know exactly what a 40k daemon is, how it behaves and how it manifests, i know about demonic worlds, and i know only one weapon could actually kill a demon, the others only bane them for some time.

We can agree to disagree, I've had this same chat often in my life.

P.S. like the growing number of 40k threads on this board, there are quality debaters on the argument here!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No More Universe Vs Universe or Character X vs Universe Threads

These types of threads are be banned. Universe vs Universe threads involve too many people or a person vs a universe could end up becoming a stomp and offer no debates at all. Like Superman Prime vs Marvel Universe. He would end up fighting some being that he wouldn't beat and if you do the universe vs universe threads it just ends up being omnipotent vs omnipotent which is also against the rules and offers no debate. This is an extension of the be careful with team battles but this is gonna be cracked down on more.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Lets assume for scenario's sake that i'm wrong about the Daemons. If the enemy doesn't have the means to kill anything but their corporal forms and send the back to the warp until they just break out again wouldn't that still make them limitless?

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

Elder duh. Have you read the fluff on Dark Eldar and Craftworld Eldar?

Dark Eldar have the ability to steal suns, create stars, Black Holes in little hand held boxes, and Light Speed beings! Craftworld Eldar has such Psychic power and comparable Psuedo Magic Science to always give the Necrons a hard fight.

Eldar united can win against the Necron threat as it is now. However thanks to the Fall, Necs outnumber Eldar. Eldar before the Fall would have decimated the Necron Empire.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Lets assume for scenario's sake that i'm wrong about the Daemons. If the enemy doesn't have the means to kill anything but their corporal forms and send the back to the warp until they just break out again wouldn't that still make them limitless?

No, it would make them immortal.

Not exactly the same thing.

I'm not debating that the daemons would lol-notevenfunny-stomp The flood, we're just debating about a 40k lore specific deal, and it's a bit OT, even if i admit this fluff is what i prefer debating about.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Strider1992

@pierpat: Yes they are immortal but it this case it would also make them limitless because they will just keep coming back through the warp every time their corporal form is destroyed. Is there a limit to how many times they can come back? No.

@indiecomicsftw: Hence the reason I said "match the Necrons now" but yes Pre-Fall Eldar would win.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92 said:

Dark Eldar have the ability to steal suns, create stars, Black Holes in little hand held boxes, and Light Speed beings! Craftworld Eldar has such Psychic power and comparable Psuedo Magic Science to always give the Necrons a hard fight.

Eldar united can win against the Necron threat as it is now. However thanks to the Fall, Necs outnumber Eldar. Eldar before the Fall would have decimated the Necron Empire.

Necrons pre-stasis=/<Eldar empire

Necron just after C'tan pacts >>>Eldar Empire

Current Necron>>>Current eldar

And Current necron are getting Stronger,while current Eldar are getting weaker.

Necron tech is, in all camps but soul control and webway control, superior.

So, if eldar can switch off suns and create black Holes, necron should be able to do the same or better.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Yes they are immortal but it this case it would also make them limitless because they will just keep coming back through the warp every time their corporal form is destroyed. Is there a limit to how many times they can come back? No.

@indiecomicsftw: Hence the reason I said "match the Necrons now" but yes Pre-Fall Eldar would win.

Well, wait.

It's all in lexical values.

If i have 10 eggs, and every time i brake one another appears in the fridge, 10 hours after(same thing with daemons), i can't have an omlet of 12 eggs, because i'll always have max 10 at a time.

Not limitless eggs you see.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: But the eggs are limitless because you'll never be without 10 no matter what you do to stop it.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pierpat

@pierpat: But the eggs are limitless because you'll never be without 10 no matter what you do to stop it.

Debatable.....

we're a bit OT anyway.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: I guess.

Just trying to think of who could be a good match for Ahzek.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@strider92 said:

So, if eldar can switch off suns and create black Holes, necron should be able to do the same or better.

You say they should, and I am sure they could, however they cannot. Elder do these things via Warp and webway power. Not real Science which is and always will be the Necrons weakness.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: @shawnbaby: In most cases that's true, but this thread is very different. This isn't a specific character, it's a faction. 40k is full of well fleshed out factions and not singular characters, like a marvel vs dc thread. Also, they're some good debates going on.

If they are able to infect the grey knights, then they'll be able to kill daemons.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: @shawnbaby: In most cases that's true, but this thread is very different. This isn't a specific character, it's a faction. 40k is full of well fleshed out factions and not singular characters, like a marvel vs dc thread. Also, they're some good debates going on.

If they are able to infect the grey knights, then they'll be able to kill daemons.

You're still talking about millions vs millions...there are too many variables.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Actually the Necrons alone number in their billions. If you include the full force of the Orks and Nids then we're talking hundreds of billions.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@strider92 said:

You say they should, and I am sure they could, however they cannot. Elder do these things via Warp and webway power. Not real Science which is and always will be the Necrons weakness.

Nah, nothing makes us think that war of heavens tech, wich scraped whole sub-sectors, could not do that with no warp/webway.And in new lore Necron have webway tech, just no warp one.

And Necron have C'tan, at least 3 are still whole and not shards.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Actually the Necrons alone number in their billions. If you include the full force of the Orks and Nids then we're talking hundreds of billions.

Indeed...possibly even Trillions. And that's just including foot soldiers.

We've also got Fleets and what not to consider.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Which BTW the Avatar of Khain as a full Warp God more than manage to stalemate the C'tan Nightbringer in the War in Heaven.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: I think this easier to think about than other universe threads because the numbers are so large.

Would it be better if I change to 2 or 3 factions instead?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pierpat

@indiecomicsftw said:

@pierpat: Which BTW the Avatar of Khain as a full Warp God more than manage to stalemate the C'tan Nightbringer in the War in Heaven.

Wait....what?

Never heard of this.

Avatars of Khaine is not a warp god, and it's not one, it's demonic remains of a chaos God shattered by Slaanesh during the fall.

This implies that avatars of Khaine did not exist before the fall, during war of heavens.

Could you give me the source or reformulate?

P.S. every 40k thread i post on ends up in me making 40k-themed OTs.

Not good, but not that bad, i like 40k OTs.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: What races do you think are at most risk fighting the flood, and what order of flood assimilation would be the most devastating for the 40k factions? Since the flood obtain all knowledge and experiences of each creature they consume, the order of who falls is something to consider.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: What races do you think are at most risk fighting the flood, and what order of flood assimilation would be the most devastating for the 40k factions? Since the flood obtain all knowledge and experiences of each creature they consume, the order of who falls is something to consider.

Well, if they managed to absorb an eldar craftworld it could be problematic.It all depends on the rest of the faction's reactions, if it's the flood vs 40k unified they really have no chance, they could only hope on dragging a craftworld or the tau with them.

If it's the Flood entering standard 40k,they could be a problem, but they would not be anything particular, nothing near the tyranid menace.