Vs.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

The Fleet, I imagine. If the Rebel alliance did it, I don't see why the Federation can't.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

been done several times...

there's even youtube video's about it...

Enterprise stays out of the way and fires a Quantum Torpedo at the Death Star

job done

M

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vrakmul

The enterprise is way to big to fit in the trench. The defensive turbolasers would probably annhialate all the ships with ease with their 200+ gigaton firepower, the ion cannons would stun anything that got by the turbolasers to be annhialated. And the superlaser would fire on the enterprise blowing it to pieces. And to note the federation fleet is so small they count fighters and capital ships in their fleet. That's not that big if you ask me. And the quantum torpedoe is a bit larger than 2 meters so I don't think it's going to fit through the exhuast port.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Methos says:

"been done several times...there's even youtube video's about it...Enterprise stays out of the way and fires a Quantum Torpedo at the Death Starjob doneM"

LOL, so nonchalant. Picard: Excellent, Numba wan... Engage.

-Data-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By -Data-

Starfleet with ease if you're counting all its ships.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Which Death Star?

Avatar image for the_white_lantern
The White Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The White Lantern
@JediXMan said:
" Which Death Star? "
does it matter?
enterprise is big and cant get to the vent nor the core whatsoever
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xan84

The only whay they win this (the feds) if they use time manipulation weapons.
rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rightprice

Which Enterprise and from what time period is the federation fleet?  If it's 22nd centuty Enterprise from the op picture and the fleet is from the same time period, then they lose big time.  On the other end of the spectrum, if its the Enterprise J and its fleet, then I'd think they would win pretty easily.  Or, if it was an Enterprise and fleet from sometime in between those I just mentioned, the results would vary. 

-Data-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By -Data-
@The White Lantern said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Which Death Star? "
does it matter? enterprise is big and cant get to the vent nor the core whatsoever "
Why fit in the vents when 1 torpedo can fly in there. Need I remind you, that in spite of the Death able to destroy planets with one full powered blast which takes a long time to charge; One 24th century Enterprise-D was able to blow up a star with just 20 torpedoes.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@The White Lantern said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Which Death Star? "
does it matter? enterprise is big and cant get to the vent nor the core whatsoever "
It matters because the second Death Star's main laser can destroy capital ships, while the first cannot due to poor accuracy.
-Data-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -Data-
@JediXMan said:
" @The White Lantern said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Which Death Star? "
It matters because the second Death Star's main laser can destroy capital ships, while the first cannot due to poor accuracy. "
They both have poor accuracy when it comes to fast moving ships.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The second Death Star is capable of hitting Corvette-class ships., which are reasonably fast.

-Data-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By -Data-
@JediXMan said:
" The second Death Star is capable of hitting Corvette-class ships., which are reasonably fast. "
Maybe with the turbo lasers and light guns, but not the main gun.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@-Data- said:
" @JediXMan said:
" The second Death Star is capable of hitting Corvette-class ships., which are reasonably fast. "
Maybe with the turbo lasers and light guns, but not the main gun. "
According to EaW: Forces of Corruption (which shouldn't be canon but that's my opinion) the Death Star's main gun can.

PS: Video games are C-Canon in the Star Wars Universe. Books and comics are also C-Canon. So it's a reliable source.
-Data-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By -Data-

@JediXMan said:

"According to EaW: Forces of Corruption (which shouldn't be canon but that's my opinion) the Death Star's main gun can. PS: Video games are C-Canon in the Star Wars Universe. Books and comics are also C-Canon. So it's a reliable source. "

I know about those canons, and it is possible for a main gun to hit a Federation ship in close proximity; however, rated highly unlikely. The Deathstar's main gun is pointed in one direction in one side of its hemisphere. Meaning, the entire battle base would have to swivel on its axis at tremendous speeds to keep pointed at a single battleship. The problem with with this, is that the Deathstar would have to turn each direction at sub light speed to keep up with those ships, and it can't. It doesn't even turn faster than how our eyes move its pupils up, down, left, right. So saying that it could do a compete 360 turn in a matter of a second is not possible. The Federation ships use thrusters, impulse, and warp as tactical maneuverability. Thrusters alone can move a federation ship at 100's of miles per second. Impulse maneuverability is sub light speed. So they would basically be flying around the Deathstar so fast that it would be impossible to aim at them with the main gun. They're only chance it to blindly fire (like they always do in the movies) at all directions with their 10,000s of lightguns and turbolasers.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xan84

-Data-

Why fit in the vents when 1 torpedo can fly in there. Need I remind you, that in spite of the Death able to destroy planets with one full powered blast which takes a long time to charge; One 24th century Enterprise-D was able to blow up a star with just 20 torpedoes. 

LOL i had no idea about this :P Where does it happen ?
-Data-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By -Data-
@Xan said:
"

-Data-

LOL i had no idea about this :P Where does it happen ? "
Let me find you a better video. This is just a trailer. "Half Life"

Never mind. Go here

They fire at the star in 2:30. Now, keep in mind that they are not trying to blow up the star, but accidentally did anyways.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xan84

Ty mate i will look at it when it get home (i can't from work).
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Cool. I didn't know that.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@-Data-: 
 Hmm. You make a good point. Anything in front of the Death Star is screwed (the laser doesn't just aim forward. It aims at sharp angles, but if the ship is past the area where the dish is...). The Death Star isn't exactly known for its speed. So I see your point here. I do question whether a Federation ship is capable of damaging the Death Star, though. The only weakness shown was hitting the reactor, which the Federation wouldn't know to do.

PS: I'm very glad you understand Star Wars canon. It's irritating when people ignore things done in the games, even though they're C-Canon (the same level as all the books). Not all the games are C-Canon (like the movie games, which aren't canon and a few older games), but most are and should be considered. After all, they're referenced in books (Kyle Katarn is a video game character, Revan is a video game character. Both of which are important in the books. The Dark Forces games spawned novels)
Avatar image for the_white_lantern
The White Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-Data- said:
" @The White Lantern said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Which Death Star? "
Why fit in the vents when 1 torpedo can fly in there. Need I remind you, that in spite of the Death able to destroy planets with one full powered blast which takes a long time to charge; One 24th century Enterprise-D was able to blow up a star with just 20 torpedoes. "
yes what you say is true but when i said that i didnt mean to state that the death star can destroy the fleet
what i meant was if the two stars have the same defense system what difference does it make