The Empty Hand vs The Living Tribunal/Cosmic Entities

Beyonder-616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beyonder-616

Which of these team of Multiversal beings would win on an "All-Out" battle for the Multiverse?

The Empty Hand/The Gentry (Feat. Monitors)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Empty Hand - Powerful and malevolent force behind the Gentry, Nix Uotan's corruption, the release of Darkseid from his tomb, and the massacre and subsequent revival of Earth-42's heroes. True identity and goals unknown.

The Gentry - a group of powerful beings led by The Empty Hand with the mission to make the Multiverse mirror their horror.

Monitor Dax Novu - The Dark Monitor. He assumed the title of Mandrakk, The Dark Monitor only after being corrupted by the stories and emotions he'd discovered inside. He is the Ultimate Threat to the Multiverse.

The Cosmic Entities

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The Living Tribunal - The Living Tribunal is a single entity existing across the entire Marvel Multiverse. He is the Judge of the Marvel Multiverse and the arbitrator of cosmic justice. He is above the likes of the Celestials, Galactus, Eternity, Death and Infinity. The Living Tribunal doesn't have his own free will, as he serves his creator, The One Above All.

The Beyonders - The Beyonders are a mysterious near- omnipotent, near-omnipresent and near-omniscient race from another plane of existence, for whom the Marvel multiverse is simply a lab for them to conduct experiments upon.

The Cosmic Compass - A team of Abstract entities which includes Eternity, Infinity, Death, and Oblivion.

Galactus - Galactus is the famed "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly infinite. He has appointed a number of entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic.

Other Abstracts include The Celestials, White Phoenix of the Crown, Lord Chaos and Master Order, The Inbetweener, Nemesis, Khatylis,Destiny, The Stranger, Kronos, Anomaly and etc.

Rules

• Win by KO/Death or Surrender
  • That's it!
WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

You can count the Empty Hand's feats on zero hands.

By implication he should be pretty nuts, be we can't get around the fact that he's done nothing.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Eh From a phantom stranger comic? Feel like ive seen him b4

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Eh From a phantom stranger comic? Feel like ive seen him b4

From multiversity.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator  Online

You can count the Empty Hand's feats on zero hands.

By implication he should be pretty nuts, be we can't get around the fact that he's done nothing.

You can give credit to Morrison's statement that the Empty Hand is the empty hand of the reader after he closes the book, choosing whether to participate by reading the story or not. Effectively, it's up to whether you believe the Beyonders or the Living Tribunal are a threat to you and me.

You can also account for his statement that he is every antagonist, every big bad that has ever existed.

Always I've thought, and particularly now in the era of event-driven comics where characters are subjected to these absolutely life-ruining events in every story arc, I wanted to sum up what all these stories are. It's where the characters get to the end and they appear to have beaten the bad guy, and then an even bigger bad guy shows up and says, "I'll get you later." The real big bad guy at the end - he looks like the Ultra Comics character, but he's also the reader. The empty hand of the reader when he puts the comic down and everything ends. But like the bad guy, he can also come back in full force and say, "You'll meet me again."

I like my books to have multiple meanings. There's multiple ways of reading it. The big bad at the end represents all the big bads in every story. We just beat that villain, now here comes the Anti-Monitor. We just beat the Anti-Monitor, now here comes something that's bigger than big. That was my thinking - the ultimate bigger than big, the ultimate universe destroyer. It's the reader, who chooses to either participate or not.

In terms of actual feats within the story, he has none, as you mentioned.

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Empty Hand solos .

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

beyonders murderstomp.

Altra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going by what the empty hand stands for

he solos with ease.

jamespacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altra said:

going by what the empty hand stands for

he solos with ease.

LordWhis2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordWhis2

The Empty Hand soloes without a doubt, the only possible threat to him is Oblivion. The rest are non-factors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd84442422ba
deactivated-5cd84442422ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I solo stomp bruh, all those are fodder and non factors bruh

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13 Soratoumiga  Online

Empty Hand solos by hype. What's with these Empty Hand threads recently?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Empty Hand was supposed to be an entity, meta-textually on par with the Monitors and the Thought Robot, but he never displayed feats. Under Morrison's Cosmology, Multiversal Beings are usually Metafictional.

He has no feats so far though.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we take into account the hype and writer statements, then he pretty much solo's. If we go by on-panel feats, he gets stomped.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sungsam: Pfff, what a load of bullshit bruh, I once oneshot a whole multiverse once bruh, call that not a fucking feat bruh

Avatar image for divinepixelbook
DivinePixelBook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oblivion is the only threat, empty hand more then less oneshots

OwenZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers