The Doctor Vs Galactus

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the darknessss

Dr who gets 4 days prep to stop galactus from destroying earth,he can use the daleks,cybermen and sontarans for added help if needed. vs

Libertyprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Libertyprime

Doctor stomps.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

The sonic screw driver probably has an ultimate nullifyer setting

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By Dracade102

I don't see The Doctor loosing this one... His enemies allying themselves with him just safeguard his victory here.

Doctor_Quantum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Doctor_Quantum

G@the darknessss: Given prep, he wins. Bringing the daleks into it just gives him an extra problem to deal with but maybe he tricks them into getting into Galactus's way so they get steamrolled before he reveals that he easily got the Ultimate Nullifier- or he and Galactus reveal they hatched this plot all along to draw out the daleks and waste them.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
The Doctor seems almost unbeatable when he has Prep.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Montaq

Rory solos.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Montaq said:

Rory solos.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Galactus won't be able to answer the question hidden in plain sight. Geronimooooooo!!!!!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By batkevin74

The Doctor volunteers to be Galactu's herald and sends Galactus to the homeworld of the Cybermen and lets them fight, then off to the Dalek homeworld and lets them fight. Afterwards the Doctor puts the wounded & slightly miffed Galactus in the TARDIS (since the Tardies is bigger on the inside than the outside forces Galactus inside using his sonic screwdriver and some complex mathematical formula) and takes him back to Fantastic Four #50 and Reed Richards points the Ultimate Nullifer at TWO Galactus' who run away in fear! Now the universe aint big enough for 2 planet eaters so they fight it out and one prevails who learns a valuable lesson of never to mess with the Doctor.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By difficlus

Don't know exactly how but Doctor definitely has the on lock. Giving him his enemies as allies makes it almost overkill...

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Just to be contrariwise I'm going to go with Galactus on this one. I'd like to point out that I believe The Doctor would win given the 4 days of prep and you know....the TARDIS. But I'm going to try and make a case for Galactus.

As for power levels we can all agree that Galactus is much much much much more powerful and versatile than the doctor can ever be. After all Galactus basically is the power cosmic incarnate. And while it certainly is debatable it has been said that he is in the same league as Eternity, Death, Infinity, and Oblivion (at the very least he's a bench-warmer in that league)

I think we can also mostly agree that Galactus isn't like most other abstract beings. He's smart. Wicked smart. the Taa worldship is highly advanced technology that even Reed Richards has trouble comprehending. So it's not like the Doctor's usual assortment of witless trashcans for antagonists (sorry Dalek fans).

Galactus also has time manipulation abilities. I know for a fact the Silver Surfer does and one can only assume that Galactus would have the same abilities a hundred-fold. He could possibly give the Doctor a taste of his own medicine.

Also 4 days prep doesn't necessarily give the Doctor all the information required to bring Galactus down. He may simply be aware of a threat 4 days in the future. The OP doesn't specifically say. And even if the Doctor had all the information he needed to defeat Galactus he might not have the means to utilize it. The OP mentions the Daleks, the Cybermen, and the Sontarans but has no mention of any beings from Marvel's Earth 616. So perhaps this battle takes place exclusively in the Doctor Whoverse. That could mean no Ultimate Nullifier or any Infinity Gems or the like to stop Galan. And even if the Doctor had the Nullifier Galactus could do the same thing he did when it was in the hands of Abraxas. The best hope the Doctor would have would be travel to Galactus' inception, but could he travel all the way back to a previous universe? A chancy trip at best. And I'm not sure the sonic screwdriver would do much, it's a handy tool for very specific uses and it totally rocks but it's not exactly a weapon.

Then again Doctor Who isn't exactly known for nose to the grindstone logic (whether it be fictional or real world) and instead goes for the F*** Yeah! moments. What do you guys think?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By tensor

lol

jazzblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jazzblade

4 days prep, a fez and a mop..and the Doctor is gonna clean Galactus' clock!

Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Montaq

@TheWitchingHour said:

Just to be contrariwise I'm going to go with Galactus on this one. I'd like to point out that I believe The Doctor would win given the 4 days of prep and you know....the TARDIS. But I'm going to try and make a case for Galactus.

As for power levels we can all agree that Galactus is much much much much more powerful and versatile than the doctor can ever be. After all Galactus basically is the power cosmic incarnate. And while it certainly is debatable it has been said that he is in the same league as Eternity, Death, Infinity, and Oblivion (at the very least he's a bench-warmer in that league)

I think we can also mostly agree that Galactus isn't like most other abstract beings. He's smart. Wicked smart. the Taa worldship is highly advanced technology that even Reed Richards has trouble comprehending. So it's not like the Doctor's usual assortment of witless trashcans for antagonists (sorry Dalek fans).

Galactus also has time manipulation abilities. I know for a fact the Silver Surfer does and one can only assume that Galactus would have the same abilities a hundred-fold. He could possibly give the Doctor a taste of his own medicine.

Also 4 days prep doesn't necessarily give the Doctor all the information required to bring Galactus down. He may simply be aware of a threat 4 days in the future. The OP doesn't specifically say. And even if the Doctor had all the information he needed to defeat Galactus he might not have the means to utilize it. The OP mentions the Daleks, the Cybermen, and the Sontarans but has no mention of any beings from Marvel's Earth 616. So perhaps this battle takes place exclusively in the Doctor Whoverse. That could mean no Ultimate Nullifier or any Infinity Gems or the like to stop Galan. And even if the Doctor had the Nullifier Galactus could do the same thing he did when it was in the hands of Abraxas. The best hope the Doctor would have would be travel to Galactus' inception, but could he travel all the way back to a previous universe? A chancy trip at best. And I'm not sure the sonic screwdriver would do much, it's a handy tool for very specific uses and it totally rocks but it's not exactly a weapon.

Then again Doctor Who isn't exactly known for nose to the grindstone logic (whether it be fictional or real world) and instead goes for the F*** Yeah! moments. What do you guys think?

I keep checking up on this tread to see some fool say Galactus so I can drop some Doctor knowledge on them, and instead I find a well-thought-out, factually accurate response made to help spark debate. Kudos.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By chalkshark

I don't know how he does it, but the Doctor wins. He always wins. Even when he loses. Which he never does, cause he always wins.

Avatar image for howterribleisthat
HowTerribleIsThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If The Doctor isn't constrained by his sense of morals but Galactus is then The Doctor could definitely make Galactus back off, after all his tardis is a universe buster if he wants it to be. However, since they're both in character there's nothing The Doctor could do that he actually would do. So Galactus wins. I suppose if the Daleks are at their timewar power they could possibly take down Galactus though. I don't see how Sontarans and the Cybermen could ever be relevant. 

Of course if this was an episode of Doctor Who he would do something absurd like improve the planetary mass to nourishment conversion efficiency 10^100 times over or alter the Earth so that it won't nourish Galactus or something equally nonsensical.

Actually having said all that, I think The Doctor definitely could bluff Galactus into thinking that he intends to destroy the universe if he goes ahead with eating the Earth, it would be out of his character to actually do it if Galactus calls the bluff but the bluff itself wouldn't be out of character, Galactus wouldn't know that and so he'd definitely back off.  

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killemall

@joshmightbe said:

The sonic screw driver probably has an ultimate nullifyer setting

LOL perhaps :)

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

@King Saturn said:

better than Bats?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By isaac_clarke

Galactus kills them.

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@TheSpiritStalker said:

@King Saturn said:

better than Bats?

Better than bats a hundred times over, he is far more intelligent and has way, way more available to him in terms of resources. The Doctor is pretty much as good as it gets in terms of prep.

@TheWitchingHour: Nice argument, and for now I will say the Doctor can't pull it off simply because with morals on and no knowledge of the opponent I couldn't think of a device or strategy the Doctor could produce to win this.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kellar21

Galactus facerolls over The Doctor's allies,he is just too powerful,I think The Doctor can't do anything to him,unless he blows up TARDIS,to defeat galactus without PIS you either need high levels of power(Eternity,Death,The Spectre,Elder Gods and so on...) or some serious gear(IG,UN) none of which The Doctor have,waht he COULD do is blowing up the planets Galactus is about to consume(but them his morals apply)like in Godslayer and even so he would need serious firepower to take down galactus.

The thing is most of what The Doctor can do Galactus can do much,much,much better(except his manipulative/talking people down skills,but who needs that when you can go "And so speaks Galactus" and proceed to beat people up)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Strider1992

The Doctor can pulls this off if he uses the TARDIS.

vesuvious0215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vesuvious0215

Of course better than bats the doctor is leagues above bats in prep. The doctor would win because he could reason with Galactus and take him to other planets to eat that aren't inhabited by anything or take him to a dimentionall bubble that is just full of whatever Galactus eats so that he can feast for the rest of eternity without harming anything.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor imo

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LPercepts

The Doctor has prep?! Yeah, the Time Lord wins handily.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Doctor sprouts off about how it's morally wrong to eat worlds and gets vaporised. Composite Doctor can call upon the time vortex, Dalek tech, or if out of character break the laws of time to erase Galactus from existence.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman solos.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor can probably use heart of the Tardis for power, like Rose did to become the big bad wolf. Then he might be able to rival Galactus one-on-one.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mega6382

@TheSpiritStalker said:

@King Saturn said:

better than Bats?

Better than bats a hundred times over, he is far more intelligent and has way, way more available to him in terms of resources. The Doctor is pretty much as good as it gets in terms of prep.

@TheWitchingHour: Nice argument, and for now I will say the Doctor can't pull it off simply because with morals on and no knowledge of the opponent I couldn't think of a device or strategy the Doctor could produce to win this.

Not really, becuase in 90% of the situations you can see that The Doctor only turned out victorious due to PIS rather than prep. Literally every time his enemies were standing there and pointing guns/blasters at the doctor's head, he was only able to escape due to PIS because there was never anything that was stopping them from shooting. Cybermen/daleks often shoot enemies on sight but when it comes to The Doctor, there is always a pause.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor with ease. He deals with Galactus level threats every other Tuesday.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mega6382: That’s no longer funny. Probably hasn’t been for years.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mega6382: That’s no longer funny. Probably hasn’t been for years.

Probably not to you, but it is to me. so whatever