• 73 results
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By whacknasty

Just a question.... How would Jackie differ in his abilities from a Black Lantern?  Just wondering if a GL can defend/defeat a Black Lantern, then maybe the same tactics could give Jackie a problem? 

I'm still leaning towards Jackie, but I admittedly don't know an awful lot about GL's...

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@whacknasty:  as much two characters based on two totally different concepts, different power sources and different types of power would differ.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By whacknasty
@Crom-Cruach: Lol, ok.  didnt know if I was stretching it thinking maybe the whole death/emotionless spectrum thing could maybe be a part of what the Darkness is...  thanks!
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@whacknasty:  no problem. It's worth nothing the Darkness is anything except emotionless. It's petty, vengeful, flightly, filled with hate and rage and passion and creativity. Quite opposite to the place the black lanterns have on the emotion spectrum.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By the darknessss
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @whacknasty:  no problem. It's worth nothing the Darkness is anything except emotionless. It's petty, vengeful, flightly, filled with hate and rage and passion and creativity. Quite opposite to the place the black lanterns have on the emotion spectrum. "
dellamorte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By dellamorte

Well my opinion might be bias...here it is.

Darkness wins hands down as he is immortal. That battle shown with supes was early estecado. Jackie now has deeper mastery over the darkness and can construct just about anything including organin matters. Jackie at the moment would create kryptonite and defeat superman no issue. Now as far as Green Lantern. The darkness would overwhelm green lantern. Jackie's power levels have fluctuated in the past but even as a novice user (shortly after meeting batman) he was able to summon thousands of darklings during dusk to battle an army of cherubs. IMO Jackie now could summon an army, create clones of himself, and then sit back and watch ( his powers do not exhaust or drain his stamina like Lanterns do). Even though he is still not a full power he is capable of this. Also note that though Lantern is a badass he only has one ring and so his creations are limited to only a few at a time...furthermore. People have claimed that his light would hurt the darkness...as an avid reader I don't agree but if we go down that path...the darkness could create a light source himself and from my understanding the energy construct of the lantern can be overpowered by another light of a different color spectrum.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Ferro Vida
@dellamorte said:

Well my opinion might be bias...here it is.

Darkness wins hands down as he is immortal. That battle shown with supes was early estecado. Jackie now has deeper mastery over the darkness and can construct just about anything including organin matters. Jackie at the moment would create kryptonite and defeat superman no issue. Now as far as Green Lantern. The darkness would overwhelm green lantern. Jackie's power levels have fluctuated in the past but even as a novice user (shortly after meeting batman) he was able to summon thousands of darklings during dusk to battle an army of cherubs. IMO Jackie now could summon an army, create clones of himself, and then sit back and watch ( his powers do not exhaust or drain his stamina like Lanterns do). Even though he is still not a full power he is capable of this. Also note that though Lantern is a badass he only has one ring and so his creations are limited to only a few at a time...furthermore. People have claimed that his light would hurt the darkness...as an avid reader I don't agree but if we go down that path...the darkness could create a light source himself and from my understanding the energy construct of the lantern can be overpowered by another light of a different color spectrum.

1) I'm pretty certain crossovers are non-canon here. 
2) You don't sound like you know anything about Green Lanterns. 
3) Jackie doesn't have the light of a different part of the colour spectrum at his disposal, why even bring it up? Btw, if Hal can imagine an source of light, he can create it. He can make it so that a football stadium, complete with lights, suddenly appears all around them, flooding out any shadow.
dellamorte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By dellamorte

oh and here is a pic of the darkness operating under light...that of the Angelus at that.

dellamorte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By dellamorte

Jackie can create anything from the darkness, including mechanical objects. His darklings for example can have been known to come equipped with guns and car batteries. Like Lantern he is only limited by his imagination.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ferro Vida
@dellamorte said:

oh and here is a pic of the darkness operating under light...that of the Angelus at that.

Notice that they are burning as they approach the light. 

@dellamorte said:

Jackie can create anything from the darkness, including mechanical objects. His darklings for example can have been known to come equipped with guns and car batteries. Like Lantern he is only limited by his imagination.

I know. But he has also been overcome by lesser attacks then Hal is capable of. What makes you think that he is as powerful enough to beat Hal Jordan?
dellamorte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By dellamorte

@Ferro Vida:

I know little about Lantern and will admit such.

You seem to know little about the darkness though.

But from what I read here on comic vine about Lantern his ring has limits. He also is just a man and is prone to exhaustion...while Jackie uses no stamina in creating his constructs. And I only used mentioned superman as a response to an earlier post on this thread.

Lastly Lantern light would not affect the Darkness.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Ferro Vida
@dellamorte said:

@Ferro Vida:

I know little about Lantern and will admit such.

You seem to know little about the darkness though.

But from what I read here on comic vine about Lantern his ring has limits. He also is just a man and is prone to exhaustion...while Jackie uses no stamina in creating his constructs. And I only used mentioned superman as a response to an earlier post on this thread.

Lastly Lantern light would not affect the Darkness.

I've only read a few comics, it is true. I have seen Jackie unable to summon the darkness because there were florescent lights on, though. 

What limits do you think he has? Hal has fought Superman in-canon. Jackie has not. 

Maybe Lantern light would not, but a Lantern could create a construct such as, say, a copy of the sun that produces the same effects.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dex_Starr

The Darkness II was fantastic

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ferro Vida
@dellamorte:  

his darklings are burning true but his armor is not. And Estecado has done some remarkable feats lately in his accursed saga. The big thing to note when trying to compare their feats is that Lantern is a hero while Jackie is at best an anti hero. He cares not what happens to the world.

Look at his face. The same orange lines that are appearing on the burning darklings are there. 

How does that matter here? Hal won't let a dangerous criminal who is threatening human life just walk.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Ferro Vida
@dellamorte

Jackie's power levels fluctuate like crazy. One moment he summons a vast army of darklings in dusk light and the next he can't tap into it at all....the thing with jackie is that he doesn't want the power and considers it a curse. This affects his mind, and his will, thus affecting how well he can manipulate and control the darkness. With his daughter's life on the line though he is at the best that he has been in a long time. Fluorescent lights are worthless, only complete intense light can impede his powers. However, if we are saying that Lantern and him are fighting with powers available then that weakness is throne out the window.

My question would be would Lantern light actually hurt Jackie? And if so would lantern (i am a novice for lanterns, what little i have read makes them seem rather limited) be able to hold the sun and attack jackie at the same time on a consistent basis (he has a healing factor comparable to wolverine even with daylight) and how long could lantern hold up said sun?

Hal can do that.
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Emperorb777

@Dex_Starr: Yea it was the ending was a suprise.

dellamorte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By dellamorte

But Hal is just a man and eventually he would tire correct?

dellamorte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By dellamorte

like i said.

His armor is weakening and if I recall after a few fighting panels it does break, but that is Angelus light. The Darkness true weakness. I still doubt Lantern light would affect him the same way.

And my other statement matters only in the sense that you ask if Estecado had done any great feats. It matters because he hasn't because he has never been compelled to. He doesn't care. Though he did defeat the Darkness incarnate...he took it into space, fought it there, waited for the sun to rear its head (the distant light from the sun did nothing) it had to come around the earth and shine on the portion that they were fighting over. The darkness incarnate was destroyed and so was jackies armor. He then plummeted from outer space, through the atmosphere and crashed into the earth. Soon after he got up and walked away.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Kinasin_

The darkness in a no contest stomp.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By emperorznb

The Darkness.

dellamorte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dellamorte

Current main story Jackie, not future jackie, not alternate this or that. During Artifacts, driven to find his daughter, finally at one with his powers. The angelus shines her little beacon of pure light and instead of jackie being put down darklings overpower her. Jackie stomps Lantern as light seemed to be his only advantage and that is beyond questionable now.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By tparks

bump

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers