#251 Posted by RedHeathen (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew nothing about Planetary. It looks like a good read. Thanks.

#252 Posted by BruceRogers (17471 posts) - - Show Bio

Another great issue. Keep up the good work mates.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#253 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower:

Nice. I'm definitely gonna pick up Planetary.

Thanks. You definitely should do so............you won't be disappointed.

What happened to the descriptions for battle threads of the week though?

Sorry. We didn't get to it.......

@kevd4wg said:

Planetary seems interesting, might have to look into that.

DO IT!!! PLEASE!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

@cosmicallyaware1: @vertigo- Kind of nice to see our plan to promote Planetary is actually working. People actually want to pick up Planetary!

I know! I'm so proud........great work boys........

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#254 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

There seems to be a problem with the descriptions. Do Krle and ET need help?

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#255 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: idk. Shoot a PM. can't hurt with extra help, thats why I jumped on board....

#256 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16826 posts) - - Show Bio

Noice stuff.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#257 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (24727 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue #58

No Caption Provided

@anthp2000@lubub55@foxerdes@kotetsu454@deathhero61@solomonthenotsowise@depinhom@thor_parker82@darth_nimrod@acrokat@full123@thekinfing@jumpstart55@sigmazone@revan-@heirtothekingdom@battle123axe@elijah_c_washington@cdiddyman911@unbreakable_fs4@jashro44@morpheus@brucerogers@captain_batman_ftw@caped_baldy@joewell911@kingcrimson@asgardianbrony@thedailybagel@lvenger@jucaslucasa@giliad_@calvinrod@ordinaryalan@monarch_chronicle@llehdevil@valzaan@king_hellstorm@mickey-mouse@sly_141@majinblackheart@jay_z94@cull_obsidian@gearsecond659@redheathen@higherpower@kevd4wg@wyldsong@owie@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps@chronic@warlockmage@tparks

Comic News

Villains for Spider Man: Into the Spider-Verse

While all of the baddies haven't been announced, we have confirmation of at least some villains set to appear: namely Ultimate Green Goblin, Kingpin, as well as The Prowler. Into the Spider-Verse is set to release on December 14 of this year.

Eternals film in development

Kevin Feige has confirmed the early development of an Eternals film, as Marvel sets it's sights on what comes after phase three comes to a conclusion with Infity War. While no cast or anything has been announced, us CBM fans have something new to look forward to and discuss

Marvel Studios and Moon Knight

Fans have been lobbying for Marvel Studios to do something with Moon Knight for a long time now, and Marvel hasn't exactly been ignoring our pleas. While we haven't gotten a confirmation on exactly what form Moon Knight will be appearing, we do have confirmation from Feige that Moon Knight is in the cards to do something with. So there's hope

Respect thread of the week: MCU Thor (made by @amcu)

This weeks respect thread is made by @amcu and is on Marvel's God of Thunder, Thor (well, the movie version of him). Giving a rundown of his general strength, striking power, durability, skill and his other special abilities, this thread gives you a nice refresher on how you can appreciate the MCU's God of Thunder right before you go see the new Infinity War movie. Good formatting, good GIF's. I invite everyone to give it a read through.

Battles Of The Week

No Caption Provided

The most anticipated Marvel Cinematic Universe movie since Thanos was teased by "The Avengers" back in 2012, "Avengers: Infinity War" is finally here. Of course with all the hype surrounding the movie, it's obvious that the Battle Forums will be flooded with threads that debate the new showings shown by MCU veterans and newcomers in the movie.

Here are some samples of the new and re-bumped Battle Forum MCU Threads that are popular in the Battle Forums as of recent time.

MCU Thanos (with gems) vs JL (With Supes)

MCU Thor (IW) vs DCEU Superman (JL)

CW Deathstroke VS MCU Captain America

Naruto vs IW Thanos

Dr Strange (MCU) vs Scarlet Witch (MCU)

MCU Thanos w/ Power Stone vs DCEU Doomsday

There has been no recent or re-bumped interesting non MCU Battle Forums thread that reached multiple pages as of the moment. Yay. :( - LWP

CaVs of the Week

Batman vs Solid Snake

A Comic vs Game CaV with a unique twist. With @the_hajduk representing Solid Snake taking @causeimbatman representing Batman. This cav pits them in a pure H2H battle. These are two extremely skilled martial artists and a H2H battle between the two is a different look at a battle between two powerful street levellers. While Batman knows almost every martial arts known to man, Solid Snake has his famous CQC. A martials art battle between these two will surly be one to watch.

Madara Uchiha vs One Piece Team

Naruto's penultimate Villain takes on a team of One Piece Team. With Madara Uchiha being debated by @darthjhawk and One Piece team being debated by @gearsecond659. Two of the biggest manga of all time, the Naruto Verse has long since suprassed one piece with Madara being one of the top tiers. Here however he comes up against an unique team with both deadly hax and power. So he will have a run for his money

Hero Killer Stain vs The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The IDW incarnation of the TMNT take on one of the Major My Hero Academia Villains Stain. The former being debated by @lvengerand the latter by @gearsecond659 for his second cav this week. MHA characters have been popping up in cavs more often these days due to a increase in popularity and Stain is one of the most commonly seen character from the verse in the battle forums. He comes up against the TMNT here, a set of opponents unlike anything he has faced before.

Kyle Rayner vs Super Perfect Cell

A DC vs DBZ battle between @amberprice and @empressofdread. With the former representing Green Lantern Kyle Rayner and the latter debating Super Perfect Cell. Kyle is arguably the strongest of Earth's Green Lanterns but he is coming up against one of the toughest foes the Z Fighters have ever faced. While Cell wouldn't hold up to the current Z fighters, he provided them quite the challenge back in the day, Kyle on the other hand has faced some powerful foes so this should make for a fun match.

Star Lord vs Morbius

An all marvel cav between Star Lord who is being debated by @_kingoflatveria against Morbius who is being represented by @sirfizzwhizz. Two characters that around high street/low mid, they aren't a pair that one would commonly match up. However both are amongst the best in their tier and should make an interesting battle

Iron Fist vs Ruby Rose

Iron Fist debated by @all-father takes on Ruby Rose debating by @red_ruby_petal. Iron Fist is one of the most powerful street levellers in the Marvel Universe whilst RWBY has several high street level characters with Ruby Rose being the most common character from the show to be used in cavs. We get to see how she compares to one of marvel's finest warriors. This is definetly worth checking out.

Humans Of The Battle Forums: @blackspidey2099

This issue's HOTBF features one of the newer, more talented debaters of, you guess it, Spider-Man! Also known for having one of the longest Spider-Man respect threads in this site. He's also guaranteed to have vast knowledge on Spider-Man's closest allies and rogues based on his repute. So take note of said viner's presence in the site.

- Tell us a bit of who you are outside of the forums. Who is BlackSpidey 2099 exactly?

Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.

Nah, JK. I'm just a regular guy, probably similar to the average person using this website. I'm in college doing STEM. I'm a bit of a nerd. I love playing/watching sports, listening to music, watching movies/shows, reading books/comics, playing video games, etc. That's pretty much it, I guess. Nothing too special about me.

- How did you get into comic books (Western stuff like DC, Marvel etc. or Eastern stuff like manga, anime etc.) and when did you start out here in CV? How do you feel about the debating community in general?

Well, I used to really enjoy watching the 90's Spider-Man cartoon as a kid (the one with the rock version of Spider-Man's theme song) due to the great writing and storylines it had. I remember it being my absolute favorite show back then. That was why I became a Spider-Man fan, though I didn't really know anything about any other comic characters other than when they appeared in the show (ex. the X-Men guest starred a couple times). Other than that, though, I wasn't really into any other comic book characters beyond watching Spider-Man shows and the Raimi movies, which I liked a lot at the time. I did watch a few other CBMs with my friends (like Green Lantern, for example), but, like I said, I was never really into any other heroes. To be honest, I never really knew that Spider-Man was originally a comic character since comics were basically not something anyone read where I lived, and I mostly knew him from the shows/movies/games.

It was one day when I was browsing a library that I saw a Spider-Man Graphic Novel (IIRC it was "Until The Stars Turn Cold" by J. Michael Straczynski) and I decided to check it out. Back then, I didn't know that the comics were the main source material. Anyways, I loved it, so I began tracking down and buying other trades with Spider-Man stories. I eventually did some research and figured out how to navigate the rather complicated continuity to find a footing and a place to start. In the process of reading Spider-Man's comics, I began reading other events/titles because Spider-Man appeared in them (the first one was probably the original Secret Wars because Spider-Man found the symbiote there) and started enjoying other characters a lot more as well, to the point that I'm a lot more willing to read books about other Marvel characters not related to Spider-Man. I've even tried getting into DC a bit (picked up some New 52 Green Lantern and Flash trades, as well as keeping up with the current Flash: Rebirth run, and picked up some of the famous Batman and Superman storylines like Knightfall and All Star Superman) but it's a lot harder because I find the DC continuity super confusing and I don't like jumping into the middle of a story. So that's pretty much where I'm at now.

As for ComicVine, I used to just browse threads on the battle boards for a while (since before I ever read a comic) but it was a while before I made an account. I think I made an account after Superior Spider-Man came out since I wanted to see how strong people thought he was. Since then, I had a few debates about Spider-Man related stuff on the battle forums, but I wasn't that active on the battle forums since I spent more time on the Spider-Man wiki board to discuss the comics themselves. Recently, about a year ago, was when I started becoming more active on the battle forums and had my first CaV. Overall, I think the community is pretty great for the most part. You can find someone knowledgeable about pretty much any topic, and seeing debates between a couple of really knowledgeable people is super awesome. That's one of the reasons I love CaVs so much.

My only pet peeve is when people make regular battle threads and all the responses are "so and so stomps" - not everyone saying the same character stomps, but people saying different characters stomp like it's obvious, despite other people clearly disagreeing, but no one actually tries to debate each other. To be fair, I'm probably guilty of that as well, so....

- Do you have any particular favorite characters? How about comic book/manga writers and artists? Any reasons why that you'd like to share?

Well, Spider-Man obviously. As well as other Spider-Man related characters like Spider-Man 2099, Agent Venom (Flash Thompson), and Scarlet Spider (Kaine). Those guys are definitely my top 4 favorite characters. I honestly wouldn't be able to really articulate why I like those characters so much, because I feel like it would be too complex to put into words. For Peter I guess, to put it succinctly, it's because he reminds me of myself but way better, so he inspires me to be the best version of myself. That's probably a bad description lacking nuance, but whatever. Other than them, some of the characters I really like in Marvel include: Black Panther, Loki, Dr. Doom, Fantastic Four, Thor, Iron Man, Hank Pym, and Thanos. In DC, I like the Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Deathstroke, and White Lantern (Kyle Rayner).

As for writers, I haven't enjoyed anyone's work enough to follow them across titles, but some of the writers whose work I really enjoy are: J. Michael Straczynski (his runs on ASM as well as Thor were awesome, plus bonus points for getting me into comics), Dan Slott (he was the first writer whose comics I read as they came out and he was responsible for creating Agent Venom, giving Peter and Kaine cooler status quos, and bringing Miguel back from obscurity), Rick Remender (great run on Venom Vol. 2 which redeemed Flash and made him one of my favorite characters), Christopher Yost (I've loved everything he's ever written I think), Matt Fraction (amazing runs on Hawkeye and Iron Man in addition to a few great Spider-Man stories I've read), Al Ewing (Loki: Agent of Asgard is possibly one of the best comics I've ever read, and pretty much everything else he writes turns to gold as well, though I wish he used Spider-Man more in his runs), and Stan Lee, of course.

Artist-wise, I don't really pay too much attention to the art as long as it's clean and realistic. Off the top of my head, some of the artists whose work I've really enjoyed looking at include: Stuart Immonen, Gabrielle Dell'Otto, Marcos Martin, Jim Lee, Stefano Caselli, Salvador Larroca, Steve Epting, John Romita Sr, Steve McNiven, Ed McGuiness, Will Sliney, etc.

- How much have you changed as a Battle Forums debater from back when you started out to how you are now? Any particular instances that you'd like to share?

Well, the major change is that I've grown more comfortable in debating with other characters beyond just Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Agent Venom, and Kaine. For example, there's the CaV I'm currently doing where I am representing Black Panther against Batman. I also feel I've gained more knowledge on a larger variety of characters, which enables me to be a better debater since I can make more informed comparisons. Other than that, I think I've learned to rely less on scan dumping and more on using verbal arguments/logic with scans only sparingly used to back up the words. To be honest though, I don't really know - I'm not a self-reflective type of person so I can't really tell without going back and reading all my posts, LOL.

- What do you think is your reputation in the Battle Forums and what is the highlight of your time as a debater here in CV? Would you consider it to be your crowning achievement in the site?

I'm honestly not too sure whether I really have a reputation on the Battle Forums since it's only been a short while since I started using the Battle Forums more often. Even now, I'm hardly as active as most of the other users I see around here. If I do have a reputation though, I guess it'd mostly be regarding my knowledge of Spider-Man.

I can't really pick out a highlight of my time as a debater since there have been so many moments I've enjoyed. I guess it would be one of the CaVs I've done, though I can't really pick one since I've enjoyed them all so much. Yeah, I'm really indecisive.

My crowning achievement on this site is definitely my Spider-Man Respect Thread. I already consider it possibly the most detailed Spider-Man respect thread on the internet, and I'm planning to make a few significant updates over the summer (it's probably never going to be fully complete to my liking tbh). I've also started preliminary work on respect threads for Spider-Man 2099 and Flash Thompson as Venom, now that those two runs look to be over, so maybe one of those could be a great achievement later on...

- Lastly, Any advice you'd like to offer and shout outs you'd like to share with other fellow debaters?

My advice is mainly just stuff I've learned myself through my time debating. Here's a quick list:

• When debating a battle, make sure you are at least very familiar with, if not an expert on, ALL characters in the battle, rather than just the one you are siding with.
  • Learn to use the right amount of scans to be effective: don't scan dump, but always make sure to provide evidence for any claims you're making. People say a picture is worth a thousand words, but in debating, I'd argue it can even be the opposite. You can win a debate by showing minimal or no scans, but you can never win a debate if all you do is scan dump.
  • Context is super important. Always try to pay attention to context before using a feat. It's one of the reasons I like the new trend I've seen lately to give sources with scans, since it makes the debate more fair as both debaters can examine context for all the feats.
  • No matter how intensely you disagree with what someone says, there's no excuse to take it beyond civil disagreement. You aren't going to convince anyone that you are right by insulting the person you are facing.
  • Remember to have fun when debating. Sometimes debates stretch out for a while and end up being super long, with each post requiring like thousands of words and 25+ scans. If such debates ever start feeling more like work than something that you want to do, you should just let the other debater know you don't wish to continue the debate and move on, rather than spend hours on a second job.

As for shout outs, it's mainly just people who I've enjoyed debating with/against in CaVs and possibly other threads, as well as people I enjoy talking with about other stuff. Here's a list, sorry if I forgot anyone:

@thedandyman, @darthjhawk, @anthp2000, @major_hellstrom, @thewatcherking, @valorknight, @_kingoflatveria, @gearsecond659, @causeimbatman, @all-father, @gothamciti, @amazingfantasy, @animehunter, @ursaber, @zariusii, @strongtower7.

#258 Edited by RedHeathen (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

For being @life_without_progress, I am regularly impressed with how much progress you at least share with us. I enjoy these weekly and continue to appreciate your tagging me. One question, though. Did I miss the link to the Thor respect thread created by @amcu? I'd love to read it, but I seem to be a bit link challenged atm.

BTW, impeccable timing in gathering some of the cavs and battles and RT's for the characters in IW. Many Thanks for getting this all together so quickly.

#259 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (24727 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen: Thanks, man, The Daily Debater crew appreciates your continued support.

I'll have to go check that possible error out in a few hours.

#260 Posted by RedHeathen (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen: Thanks, man, The Daily Debater crew appreciates your continued support.

I'll have to go check that possible error out in a few hours.

If you missed linking it, then please tag me so I know it's added, but I may simply be missing it. Missing the obvious is nothing new for me. =)

#261 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

There has been no recent or re-bumped interesting non MCU Battle Forums thread that reached multiple pages as of the moment. Yay. :( - LWP

This is too true. Anyways great issue, had no idea about the Eternals film, which should be at least interesting.

#262 Posted by Battle123axe (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

another great issue

#263 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18478 posts) - - Show Bio
#264 Posted by Chronicplane (9216 posts) - - Show Bio
#265 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24727 posts) - - Show Bio
#266 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24727 posts) - - Show Bio
#267 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio
#268 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24727 posts) - - Show Bio
#269 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio
#270 Posted by Amcu (16934 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#271 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio
#272 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio
#273 Posted by GothamCiti (2890 posts) - - Show Bio
#274 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio
#275 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice issue, just caught up on it.

#276 Posted by emperorthanos- (16577 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue #59

No Caption Provided

@anthp2000@lubub55@foxerdes@kotetsu454@deathhero61@solomonthenotsowise@depinhom@thor_parker82@darth_nimrod@acrokat@full123@thekinfing@jumpstart55@sigmazone@revan-@heirtothekingdom@battle123axe@elijah_c_washington@cdiddyman911@unbreakable_fs4@jashro44@morpheus@brucerogers@captain_batman_ftw@caped_baldy@joewell911@kingcrimson@asgardianbrony@thedailybagel@lvenger@jucaslucasa@giliad_@calvinrod@ordinaryalan@monarch_chronicle@llehdevil@valzaan@king_hellstorm@mickey-mouse@sly_141@majinblackheart@jay_z94@cull_obsidian@gearsecond659@redheathen@higherpower@kevd4wg@wyldsong@owie@gilgameshthepimptoendallp

Comic News

Snake Eyes film in development

For those of us who appreciated the G.I Joe films that released a few years ago, you'll be happy to know that Hasbro is developing a spinoff film featuring the Joe's resident silent ninja. Maybe this could lead into the franchise being revivied on the big screen, but it should be something worse seeing, given Snakes scenes in the films.

Cable and Deadpool to team up again

Seeing as how the two are set to meet on the big screen in a very short time, Marvel has seen fit to team up the merc with a mouth and the mutant from the future for another adventure. Being released in August 15, Cable and Deadpool Annual #1, written by David Walker as well as art by Paco Diaz, as well as many others. This is one story fans shouldn't miss.

Shazam movie finished filming

Fans of Billy Batson have another update on their hero coming to the big screen. On May 11, director David Sandberg tweeted out that his film has officially finished filming. Keep in mind that there is still months of post production work to be finished, so that the movie is ready for the viewers, but it's another hurdle finished up in the progress to the big screen.

MCU & Infinity War

No Caption Provided

Infinity War has been out in the theaters for quite some time now. Yet the hype for the movie is still on throughout the internet forums, and Comic Vine Battle Forum is no different. That's why we decided to post multiple recent battle forum threads that contain live action Marvel characters who had a significant role and/or power upgrade from Infinity War. These threads will not contain any write ups and do not have to contain a certain level of activity, in sense that, they don't have to be longer than a single page. Similar to what we usually do when other movies come out, like with the previous issue. Have fun debating some more Infinity War topics.

Battle threads of the week

Batman/Orphan vs. Daredevil/Captain America

Strictly unarmed, street level hand to hand combat match-up between two DC characters and two Marvel characters. All of them are Earth-616 and Post-Crisis/Rebirth versions (in case you don't know who Orphan is, that is Batgirl Cassandra Cain). The thread was posted 2 days ago as a poll which currently contains around 70 posts. DC team currently takes the league in votes yet when it comes to the arguments, it can be different.

Deathstroke vs. Black Panther (H2H)

A seven year old, 8 pages long thread that got bumped recently (one of those). It's another street level fight (all battle threads for this week are street level). Slade Wilson/Deathstroke versus T'Challa/Black Panther. Both of these characters have superhuman stats and a ton of weapons, gadgets and equipment. While the OP never specified what gadgets they have during this battle in particular, it might not mean much given the fact that this is, just like the previous mentioned thread, hand to hand fight. Meaning they will rely on their strength, speed, durability, agility, tactical skills and martial arts training. Both of them have very durable armors however, so whether they can use them here or not still can turn the tides of the battle.

Does Captain America Always Win: Captain America vs. Nightwing

This thread did not hit the two page mark, but given the fact that this segment has been going on for quite some time, I decided to put at least this one here. As you can see, it's a thread that focuses on Captain America fighting a certain street leveler. The question is, whether does he always win or not. Captain America vs. Batman does seem like a logical match for Cap, and most people agree that it is a close fight. Some people consider it to be a bit generic tho, so maybe replacing him with the most proficient and skilled Robin out of all would be better? That being Dick Grayson/Nightwing, the first Robin. The OP also posted all the previous threads that are a part of this segment, including the ones where Cap won/lost based on the polls and even the one that ended in a draw.

Who is the Most Skilled Person Wolverine could Out Skill

This is not a strait up fight. It's a question, but it is related to the battle forum and is/was posted as a battle forum thread three years ago. It asks the question, who is the most skilled person Wolverine could out skill, or beat in hand to hand combat without relying mostly on his physical advantages, powers and gear. This is a good idea for a thread in my opinion since Logan's skill level is extremely controversial. While he is accepted as one of the absolute best fighters Marvel has to offer, hell, some would argue he is THE BEST martial artist in Marvel, a lot of people will bring up the fact that his showing is extremely inconsistent. Either because he acted like a wild beast on few occasions, lost his fighting abilities or strait up forgets that he is a skilled fighter altogether, relying mostly on his powers. This may be annoying for people who try to support Logan, but it leaves more room opened for a debate, which makes this thread that more interesting and worth checking out. On top of it, it's seven pages long.

Battle of the Week: Gladiator vs. Blue Marvel

No Caption Provided

This might seem a bit generic, but by Battles of the Week, this is an original match-up. Two out of four Marvel's Supermen fight. One has mohawk and the other one is black/African American. One will tell you those two are misunderstood powerhouses and another one will tell you that they don't live up to the hype and are not coming close to the likes of Superman power wise. So that's another thing they have in common besides super strength, fight and cape. Considering how obscured these characters are, the thread reached it's second page, so this might be a successful Battle of the Week. Check it out, link is in the title above.

If you want to recommend a certain match-up for next Battle of the Week you would like to see, leave a comment on this thread:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/battle-of-the-weekbest-battles-suggestion-thread-1767994/?page=1#js-message-16233438

If you want to read some older Battles of the Week, check out @wyldsong's BOTW tracker thread:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/battle-of-the-week-tracker-1924312/#68

CaVs of the Week

Backlash vs DCAU Damian Wayne and YJ Arsenal

A comic vs cartoon cav. Backlash represented by @major_hellstrom goes up against DCAU Damian Wayne and YJ Arsenal represented by @gearsecond659. Backlash is a street level wildstorm character that not many be familiar with however he still very skilled an powerful. He comes up against two skilled street levellers from two popular tv shows. This may fly under most peoples radar but it should be an interesting battle.

Gaara vs Byakuya

The Fifth Kazekage takes on the Captain of the 6th division. With Gaara being represented by @temporal_shift against Byakuya being presented by @narutobleachfan. Naruto and Bleach have had a major rivalry over the years which has led to some interesting debates as well as some more toxic one. Despite both manga ending battles between the two are still contested to this day. This is one of the more commonly seen matches with two characters that have similar power sets.

Ninjak vs Daredevil

A street level CaV between Ninjak against Dardevil, with the former being represented by @i_like_swords and the latter by @all-father. Ninjak is one of the most commonly seen Valiant comic book character on vine. With a variety of gadgets and some skill to go along with it. He is going with one of Marvels most famous and toughest street level character. While Matt should be a lot more skilled, he will find Ninjak to be a tricky opponent. This should definitely prove to be an interesting battle.

Madara Uchiha vs One Piece Team

This is basically a remake of a cav we already presented here so I will repost what I said.

Naruto's penultimate Villain takes on a team of One Piece Team. With Madara Uchiha being debated by @darthjhawk and One Piece team being debated by @gearsecond659. Two of the biggest manga of all time, the Naruto Verse has long since suprassed one piece with Madara being one of the top tiers. Here however he comes up against an unique team with both deadly hax and power. So he will have a run for his money.

Tooru Mutsuki Vs. B'Wana Beast

A Comic vs Manga CaV featuring two characters you have probably never heard of. @kingcrimson represents Tooru against @major_hellstrom using B'Wana Beast. There is not much I can say about these characters except that if you want to learn about someone new heres your chance.

Blue Marvel vs Hulk

An all Marvel CaV between Hulk whos is being represented by @battle123axe against Blue Marvel being represented by @king_stranglehold_da_first. Hulk has recently returned and seems more powerful then ever before. While Blue Marvel is one of Marvel's more recent high tiers who is a underdog in this fight when matched up against one of Marvel oldest Heroes. Is Blue Marvel in the same league as Thor and Hulk? This is your chance of finding out.

Bronn vs Marco Polo

An all live action cav between @the_red_viper who is debating for Bronn from the Game of Thrones series against @foxerdes using Marco Polo from the TV show with the same name. Two human level fighters with a decent amount of skill. Fans of either show should definitely give this a read.

Respect thread of the week: Revan (created by @darthant66)

While this thread was originally made in 2014, Darthant has recently updated his Revan respect thread, and boy is it a doozy. For those who don't know, Revan is a one of the movie pivitol and badass characters in the Legends continuity of the Star Wars franchise. DA has went and included what seems like every possible feat for Revan as well as the proverbial kitchen sink. I invite anyone who's a Star Wars fan, as well as those wanting to get a more deeper look into the extended universe stuff to give this a read. While it's extensive, it's well worth your time.

Humans of The Battle Forums: @chronicplane

This issue's interviewee is a viner who's been joining several CAVs and Tournaments as of recent time. He's been a member of the community for nearly two years and is mostly known for debating anime characters, RWBY characters and My Little Phony characters although it is known that he is also capable of debating for other characters from other franchises.

- Tell us a bit of who you are outside of CV. Who is Chronicplane exactly?

I'm currently a student in College studying a media course and I'm looking into a career within the film Industry.

- How did you get into comic books (Western stuff like DC, Marvel etc. or Eastern stuff like manga, anime etc.) and when did you start out here in CV? How do you feel about the debating community in general?

When I was young I loved to watched superhero cartoons and my favorites where Avengers: EMH, Young Justice, Teen Titans (Not Go) and Avengers Assemble. Me as a kid was a bit obsessed with it and wanted to get into the whole superhero thing. I'm still new to comics and have only just started really getting into it but I am planning to expand myself within the world of comics.

Anime/Manga, a bit of a funny story If I do say so myself when I was in high school my friends where all geeking out over Anime and I was just like "what is this jibberish you keep talking about", and told me they where discussing an Anime called "Code Geass" and after that they kept on talking me into watching anime and back then I was rather stubborn. It went on for months them constantly telling me to watch anime and I for some reason refused (was too busy watching my western cartoons) and one day they basically forced me to watch an episode of Code Geass and from that day forth I got hooked into it.

After that one episode I immediately got pulled in episode after episode after episode just couldn't get enough of it something I haven't ever experienced before. From Code Geass I watched numerous shows such as Hellsing, Soul Eater, Future Diary, Blue Exorcist, Durarara, Kill La Kill, One Piece, RWBY, One Punch Man, Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia and many more.

The time I started comicvine about a year ago is when I started becoming active on the vine, before that for about another year I was on the vine just browsed really. Let's say I wasn't really big into it. My addiction for comicvine began about 2 years ago when I got obsessed with vs battles (Inspired by yours truly Death Battle) and from there well you get the picture.

I enjoy being apart of the community it's fun and allows you to expand yourself, of course there is the bad but hey nothing is perfect am I right. My first time debating I was poor or at least compared to now anyway but throughout my time here I have learned from past mistakes as well as improved from my early days, To this day I'm still learning and tend to do the best I possibly can within a debate.

- Do you have any particular favorite characters? How about comic book/manga writers and artists?

Hmmm, Well from comics they would be.

• Captain America
  • Thor
  • The Flash (Wally West)
  • Doctor Strange
  • Doctor Doom
  • Deathstroke

Anime/Manga characters would be.

• Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • Shoto Todoroki
  • Ruby Rose
  • Alucard
  • Fuhrer King Bradley
  • Hisoka
  • Alexander The Great "Rider" (Fate Zero)

I don't have any artists.

-What do you think is your reputation in the Battle Forums and what is the highlight of your time as a debater here in CV?

I have a reputation for making threads a lot (albiet have slowed down a bit) and have recently started my own BOTW on the vine, It's been going on for a while now and I do tend to keep it going for as long as I possibly can.

Aside from that I guess this sums it up.

"Great tactician, clean and correct language, honest debater. What else could you ask?" - Pierpat

I'm a nice guy who loves to hang out on the vine.

- Lastly, Any advice or shout outs you'd like to share with other fellow debaters?

All I have to say is don't rush things, take your time and have fun on the vine. Also do try not to get yourself all worked up over a debate of fictional characters there's no need for that love and tolerate to one another. Fellow shout outs go to the following @gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps@thewatcherking@cdiddyman911@red_ruby_petal@thenewguysnm1, Awesome viner's that I respect and enjoy interacting with.

Credits

#277 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6320 posts) - - Show Bio
#278 Posted by emperorthanos- (16577 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#279 Edited by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2670 posts) - - Show Bio

He's been a member of the community for nearly two years and is mostly known for debating anime characters, RWBY characters and My Little Phony characters.

but in all seriousness, good stuff guys, keep it up

#280 Edited by WollfMyth209 (16826 posts) - - Show Bio

Good sh!t. Nice to see that Revan RT getting some well-deserved credit.

Also nice to see @king_stranglehold_da_first defending the underdog in a CaV. Should be good.

#281 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

Tfw, I already won one of those CaVs.

#282 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio
#283 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18478 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#284 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue.

#285 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

It's amazing how the hype for IW hasn't died down on the battle boards yet with all these threads still being made and posted on. Great issue for highlighting the non IW stuff as well.

#286 Posted by Battle123axe (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! our Cav made it up there.

great issue as well

#287 Edited by Fetts (6243 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this is really cool. This should be a pinned forum.

Edit: Lol. I found this by other means. Now realizing that this is a pinned forum.

#288 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (24727 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue #60

No Caption Provided

@anthp2000@lubub55@foxerdes@kotetsu454@deathhero61@solomonthenotsowise@depinhom@thor_parker82@darth_nimrod@acrokat@full123@thekinfing@jumpstart55@sigmazone@revan-@heirtothekingdom@battle123axe@elijah_c_washington@cdiddyman911@unbreakable_fs4@jashro44@morpheus@brucerogers@captain_batman_ftw@caped_baldy@joewell911@kingcrimson@asgardianbrony@thedailybagel@lvenger@jucaslucasa@giliad_@calvinrod@ordinaryalan@monarch_chronicle@llehdevil@valzaan@king_hellstorm@mickey-mouse@sly_141@majinblackheart@jay_z94@cull_obsidian@gearsecond659@redheathen@higherpower@kevd4wg@wyldsong@owie@gilgameshthepimptoendallp@chronicplane

Comic News

Tomasi to return to Super-Sons

While the series may have gotten cancelled, we haven't seen the last of the Jon Kent/Damian Wayne team up. Starting May 30, series writer Peter Tomasi is set to write a 12 issue maxiseries for the younger dynamic duo. For fans of the series, there's more yet to come.

Battle threads of the week

Thanos vs. Superboy Prime

It's been a while since we put Thanos thread here, which is weird given the fact that Infinity War came out a month ago. A series of threads containing popular match ups being bumped over and over to discuss a never ending topic isn't anything new for this site, and this thread is one of thousand examples of it. Thanos vs. Superboy Prime is one of more popular "Teambuster tier" fights, and even recent posts are full of arguments.

MCU: Black Widow vs. Grant Ward

You MCU and AoS fans will probably really enjoy this thread. It's everybody's favorite female live action character (maybe Gal as WW is more popular but whatever), ScarJo Black Widow versus everybody's favorite and most hated AoS villain turned into inhuman parasite, Grant Ward. Acrobatic skills and gear vs brutality and, I don't know, I don't pay attention to feats when I watch TV shows. But you may know better than me who wins here.

MCU Graviton vs. CW Team

Like the previous thread, this one contains an MCU/AoS character, yet unlike previous thread, his opponent is a team of Live Action characters from other TV Comic Book Universe of the CW shows. In case you didn't know (SPOILER ALERT), Graviton is the villain of AoS Season 5. I have yet to watch Season 5 but I heard General Talbot because Graviton, and based on some other threads, he is apparently Thanos level or something. His opponents are Green Arrow, Black Canary, Flash, White Canary, Atom, Kid Flash and Heat Wave. One good thing about CW Flash threads is that the ones who argue for the opposite side don't have to worry about him blitzing. At least that's what I think, but my opinion is irrelevant.

Fox Deadpool vs. MCU Black Panther

Deadpool 2 came out and, if I remember correctly, sometime before this segment started (when the first Deadpool movie came out), threads with him were kinda underwhelming. I didn't see a lot of new Fox Deadpool threads but this one seems pretty interesting (although I kinda contradicted myself with this since this was made two years ago), against MCU Black Panther. Both have sharp weapons, both have bullet timing feats and while one has a healing factor, the other one has indestructible armor. So both are hard to put down. People considered this to be one-sided back in a day when we only had Civil War and Deadpool 1. Maybe Deadpool 2 feats will change their opinion. Although Black Panther also got better when his own movie came out so...

Is Gai lightspeed?

Gai went from Jonin level to Top/God Tier level once he finally used the eight gate of death, which has been brought up since one of the first arcs in Part 1 yet never actually seen in action. Aside from being one of the strongest and most proficient fighter in Naruto who relies on Taijutsu only, Gai is also one of the fastest, even going as far as to blitz Juubi Madara, who even without Six Paths powers could fight Raikage. When he used Night Gai, Madara stated he was bending space. Some people might come to a conclusion that that means he is a light speedster, but some people could say it is either inconsistent or that it is a level of speed he can achieve only with huge momentum and it can only last for portion of a second when he finishes his blitz. I'm not here to judge tho. I'm just here to give you a reason to click on a thread.

MCU & Infinity War #2

No Caption Provided

If you saw the previous Daily Debater issue, you would know that we decided to include more MCU/Infinity War related battle threads, since there were so much of them, they deserved their own separate section. And the hype for the movie was far from being dead for Comic Vine Battle forum. Well, it looks like same thing applies for this week. There were a ton of battle threads containing Live Action Marvel characters that appeared in Avengers: Infinity War, we might as well add this section for this week's issue. Enjoy...

CaVs of the Week

Beerus and Super Buu vs Adam Warlock and Thanos

A Dragon Ball vs Marvel CaV with @emperorthanos- debating for Beerus and Composite Buu against Adam Warlock and Thanos who are being debated by @kevd4wg. Two of Goku's toughest foes take on two Teambuster tier characters from Marvel. Thanos has been get a lot of publicity lately after Infinity War but heres a chance to see just how powerful his comicbook counterpath is. And what better opponent than a god of destruction.

Growing man vs 2MAU Hyperion

A unique cav with 2 characters you probably wouldn't expect to see in a battle. @major_hellstrom represents Growing Man against @thunderprince who is representing 2MAU Hyperion. Growing Man is not a character you see in regular battle threads let alone a CaV. But this is a good chance to learn about someone new and see what he can do. So go give this cav a read.

MCU Black Panther vs MCU Black Sky

An all MCU CaV between Black Panther against Black Sky. WIth the former being debated by @gearsecond659 and the latter by @_kingoflatveria. This is a pure H2H, so no weapons for Elektra and T'Challa doesn't get his vibranium suit. Elektra got a major upgrade in the Defenders Show and is one of the strongest characters shown in the Netflix MCU Shows. And now we can see how she compares to one the MCU's super soldiers in Black Panther.

Respect thread of the week: Spider-Man (created by @blackspidey2099)

This issue's featured respect thread is an immense and immersive collection of the best showings of Marvel's flagship hero, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man ( screw off, Iron Man) made by one of the site's more renowned Spider-Man fans and debaters. If you want to go look for a solid selection of feats when debating for the most popular web-slinger himself, this is the "thread" (get it? thread = web) for you.

Humans of The Battle Forums: @fetts

This issues interviewee is one of the more popular Star Wars debaters in this site, whether debating a force user or not. He 's also remarkably known for debating DC Street Level Characters

Tell us a bit of who you are outside of CV. Who is Fetts exactly?

Sure thing, boss! My name is Fetts. First name David, last name *Gotcha ;). Right now, I'm a film student at the sunny paradise of Florida, living here in an apartment during the summer. Obviously, Comic Vine is one of my passions and hobbies, but on most days, I like to socialize with friends, read comics and books, and occasionally edit videos (even if it's just for homework). College doesn't allow for too many hobbies sadly :). Don't have much going on right now either, but I'm hoping things will pick up soon.

How did you get into comic books (Western stuff like DC, Marvel etc. or Eastern stuff like manga, anime etc.) and when did you start out here in CV?

Well, it was a long time ago when I did. I was in middle school at the time I read my first comic book. My best friend was sitting at the couch during lunch and he let me read into Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume One and I was very into it. I joined the Vine soon after that. Believe it or not, and nobody here on the Vine knows this, but Fetts is not my first account. My first account was an oldie (an ancient oldie) by the name of Winduizcool... It's what you can expect from an undeveloped middle schooler ;)

Since then I got more invested and more invested into comics. Star Wars first, DC second, Marvel... Still an ongoing process but I'd like to think I know a thing or two ;)

How do you feel about the debating community in general?

Great! I mean don't get me wrong, there are always a certain demographic of people who can perhaps be... Not the most mature. But honestly, I've had fun on the Vine for the years I've been on here. There are some great people I've had the pleasure of interacting with. Though debates have been intense and RPG Scenario tournaments ten times that, I can't help but feel that I've developed something of an online bond with some people. Especially the veterans.

And the fun continues!

Do you have any particular favorite characters? How about comic book/manga writers and artists?

Oh wow! Well, my characters in terms of favorites have definitely evolved over the years. Mace Windu was probably my favorite when I was a kid. Then that transitioned to Boba Fett, Deathstroke came to a close second soon after that, and I fell in love with CW Arrow in its first couple of seasons (still remaining loyal).

As for writers? Hard to say. I really love Charles Soule's work on the current Darth Vader series. Andy Diggle has been a long time favorite, and Scott Snyder is brilliant. Tom Taylor definitelydeserves a shoutout. Jock is probably my favorite artist of all time. Tony S. Daniel could be a tie though. The list could go on for a bit more :)

What do you think is your reputation in the Battle Forums and what is the highlight of your time as a debater here in CV

Wow. That last one is a tough one. It might come down to my CaV with nickzambuto (Deathstroke vs. Vamp) or the time I predicted an entire nine-man(?) team's strategy to a nigh-exact perfection in Erik's Battle Capes: Scenario. The first one is simply the first time I really broke out of my shell as a debater. The other one just felt like pure genius ;).

As for reputation, it's hard to say. I know there's probably plenty of noobies out there who don't know my name, and that's because I took a break from Comic Vine and I've also been less active in previous years. But that's honestly fine. Understandable. And I've honestly had some pretty great compliments from some of the older Viners and I'd say I'm quite well-known by the "older" generation. Back in my day (old-man college student speaking here), I would say my reputation was considerably more. But it's okay that it's died out a lil. It was fun back in the day and it's still fun now.

Lastly, Any advice or shout outs you'd like to share with other fellow debaters?

Yeah absolutely! Shoutouts to my boys nickzambuto (the_hadjuk), @higorm, @esquire, @floopay, @lunacyde, Erik, @sovereign91001, @jedixman and@silver2467: shoutouts to your Star Wars mastery! There are definitely others I could give a salute to as well.

As for advice, I'd have to say this: stay open-minded. Sometimes you're wrong about what you say and sometimes people's opinions are different from yours. That's okay. It's honestly natural. You don't have to prove to the world that you're the superior and you don't have to prove to yourself that you're superior. In fact, that line of thinking should be discouraged. Let your thoughts be your thoughts and let others' thoughts be their own thoughts. Nothin' wrong with that.

And always stay educated!

Sincerely and salutations to all,

Fetts

Credits

#289 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay me and ET's CaV made it, great issue as always and that Spider-man respect thread, impressive to say the least.

#290 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome issue guys! Thanks for the respect thread mention - I only wish it had come a couple months later since I'm in the process of updating the thread with about 100 more feats from re-reading Spider-Man back issues. LOL. So if anyone is interested in that, check back in a little while :). Also, great interview @fetts!

#291 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24727 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: Ah! whoops, I thought you already updated it. Sorry, i added it as this issue's featured respect thread already ahead of your schedule.

#292 Posted by Fetts (6243 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome issue guys! Thanks for the respect thread mention - I only wish it had come a couple months later since I'm in the process of updating the thread with about 100 more feats from re-reading Spider-Man back issues. LOL. So if anyone is interested in that, check back in a little while :). Also, great interview @fetts!

My my, a hundred feats! That is something. I'll have to check that out! And thank you my man! It was a pleasure and a honor doing it!

@life_without_progress Thank you once again for having me! As I said above, pleasure and an honor!

#293 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: Ah! whoops, I thought you already updated it. Sorry, i added it as this issue's featured respect thread already ahead of your schedule.

LOL don't worry about it. Thanks for featuring it anyway so people can know that it exists... The ones who are interested can check back in a couple months.

@fetts said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

My my, a hundred feats! That is something. I'll have to check that out! And thank you my man! It was a pleasure and a honor doing it!

@life_without_progress Thank you once again for having me! As I said above, pleasure and an honor!

Haha, thanks! I hope you enjoy what's there already LOL. And no problem, you're a really good writer so I enjoyed reading it.

#294 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Great interview with @fetts, nice to see an old school Viner get his dues in this section.

#295 Posted by Fetts (6243 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Great interview with @fetts, nice to see an old school Viner get his dues in this section.

Thanks my man! Much appreciated! That means something!

#296 Posted by emperorthanos- (16577 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue #61

No Caption Provided

@anthp2000@lubub55@foxerdes@kotetsu454@deathhero61@solomonthenotsowise@depinhom@thor_parker82@darth_nimrod@acrokat@full123@thekinfing@jumpstart55@sigmazone@revan-@heirtothekingdom@battle123axe@elijah_c_washington@cdiddyman911@unbreakable_fs4@jashro44@morpheus@brucerogers@captain_batman_ftw@caped_baldy@joewell911@kingcrimson@asgardianbrony@thedailybagel@lvenger@jucaslucasa@giliad_@calvinrod@ordinaryalan@monarch_chronicle@llehdevil@valzaan@king_hellstorm@mickey-mouse@sly_141@majinblackheart@jay_z94@cull_obsidian@gearsecond659@redheathen@higherpower@kevd4wg@wyldsong@owie@gilgameshthepimpt

Character of the Week: The Catch(Written by @ultimate_knight)

Some are already fairly familiar with Valiant's big-hitters such as X-O Manowar and Ninjak, so I thought it would be natural to try and shine the spotlight towards a different set of people.

The characters were created by Eric Heisserer; who if you do not know, wrote the critically acclaimed "Arrival", starring Hawkeye and Lois Lane. To give credit where it is due, I think Raul Allen also played an integral part in the creative process designing their looks.

Plus, they are going to seemingly play a big role on the crossover event "Harbinger Wars 2" in May 30th this 2018.

So...uh okay. Let us press forward onto the characters.

But first: have an official trailer for the Secret Weapons series to get you pumped.

Loading Video...

Origin

No Caption Provided

These rag tag group of individuals were plucked from their normal everyday lives by Toyo Harada; an omega level psiot and influential man, promising that they'll become so much more if they were to join his cause, fighting for a better tomorrow under his tutelage.

Unfortunately, all these promises came crashing down the moment Harada knew what their powers were capable of and deemed them useless for his mission.

They were transferred in a separate facility in hopes of salvaging their worth, but certain circumstances forced them to part ways and fend for themselves.

Livewire (Amanda McKee); a former protege of Harada, felt responsible for the kids' misfortunes and decided to bring them under her care, forging them into the @$$kicking team you see before you today.

Roster

Nicole "Nikki" Finch

No Caption Provided

She is an ornipath. In English; she can talk to birds.

May not sound like much, but birds have been essential in keeping her alive, even on a personal level.

Useful for being an extra pair of eyes, in fights, and providing some loot (Ex. One and Two). For all their goodness, they can be scatter-brained sometimes.

Physically, she is a talented gymnast even before being recruited by Harada. She has utilized these talents in combat and traversal.

Lastly, she was trained in combat and has been shown to be fairly proficient in its use (Ex. One and Two).

Owen Cho

No Caption Provided

He is a conjurer who can make items appear. It sounds kind of overpowered, but nope. He cannot control what he conjures or whenhe does it.

At the end of the mini-series though, Livewire brought up the fact that his subconscious seems to be driving the wheel for his powers and the key to controlling it lies in there.

Recently, the writer deconstructed Owen's story for the readers revealing more about it.

So Owen; without him realizing it, was conjuring things he had, he will, and others need.

That is basically it from my understanding at least.

With all that in mind, Owen now seems to have more control of his conjuring abilities as of late, but does not always conjure the most convenient object ever from what I see.

Avichal Malakar

No Caption Provided

He can turn his body into some sort of seemingly indestructible stone/marble substance. The catch; he cannot move while it is activated.

But it helps to have bullet-timing reaction speeds to activate and deactivate the power as soon as it is needed.

He does not need to breath in stoneskin form.

In recent times though, he has been able extend his influence on other objects and people he touches.

Martin Tyus

No Caption Provided

He has the uncanny ability to make whatever inanimate objects he touch glow.

It is useful for--you guessed it--dark areas!

But uh spoilers...he kind of died so yeah.

Kind of a reminder that the Harbinger world of Valiant is pretty unforgiving, so just stay alert when one or two of the Secret Weapons gang bites the dust soon.

Reading Material

Since the characters are relatively new to the Valiant Universe, you do not need to read a whole lot of issues to catch up on their history. That was also one of the reasons why I have chosen to type about this team over the more popular ones since they are less daunting for research on my part.

From self-experience, Valiant likes to claim their stories are “accessible” to the point you do not need to read previous issues to understand what is happening. I think at least before a certain radical change in management... but more on that later.

------

- Harbinger (2012-2014): Death of a Renegade Arc = If you want to know more about how the "Harada Leak" came about, since it is an element in the Secret Weapons story.

You can also read the whole thing if you want to know the foundation of the Psiot side of the universe and crave content from writer Joshua Dysart.

- Secret Weapons 1-4 (2017) = First story and appearance of the gang

- Secret Weapons #0: Nikki's Story = Origin story of Nikki Finch

- Secret Weapons #0: Owen's Story = Less of an origin story, more of a story that explores Owen's abilities

- Harbinger Wars 2 #0 = A super exclusive issue, so I do not know much about what happens in it.

I have vague idea based on previews that it gives more context behind how the Harbinger Wars 2 starts and a story about another "defect" psiot who randomly makes things blow up.

- Prelude to Harbinger Wars 2 #1 = Basically how the crossover event itself starts and the tipping point of the conflict revealed, but for the Secret Weapons team; it is a story about how they get caught in the middle of the crossfire.

(Also, Martin Tyus and the team's time in the aforementioned facility is fleshed out more in the zero issues)

------

Reality Check

If you were hoping for more Secret Weapons from writer Eric Heisserrer, well you may be kind of disappointed with where things seem to be now.

A big change within the Valiant Offices caused a falling out between those who stay and those who do not feel like it, Heisserer being among the latter it seems.

I am not exactly sure of the full details, but I guess if you simply want to see more from the writer for the universe, support what little, but influential stuff he has contributed to it and maybe the new heads or the writer himself will compromise somehow.

Battles of the week

Thor vs Wonder Woman (Death Battle)

Thor vs. Wonder Woman is a debate that has been done to death. However, seven months ago, a popular and infamous youtube channel called ScrewAttack, made a video showcasing and explaining the outcome of the fight between these two powerhouses, as a part of their Death Battle segment. They are mostly known for their ignorance and broken logic, so it's not surprising that huge Battle Forum lovers like us Comic Vine users started to talk about their interpretation of the fight. However, this eventually turned into standard Thor vs. Wonder Woman debate, which got bumped recently.

Galactus vs Alien X

Galactus is like Superman for above Skyfather/Abstract tier. He's everybody's favorite way to gauge character's power level and status among Cosmic Beings. You're either comparable to Galactus, well above Galactus or well below Galactus, although then you go to Skyfather tier. Alien X on the other hand is probably the most powerful yet the most annoying Alien Ben 10 ever used. Similar to Galactus, people can't decide whether he is Universal, Multiversal or Omniversal, although he's largely accepted as Universal being. Galactus has the same problem. He's either Multi-Star level, galaxy level, Multi Galaxy level, Nigh Universal, Universal or Universal+. You would ask yourself whether those people even read Galactus comics when they say stuff like this. But that's what makes threads like these interesting. They are a mess but they are a mess full of different views on character's powers. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you to decide.

DCEU Superman vs MCU Hela

Yes, DCEU vs. MCU thread. All the categories that make battle forum noticeable can be found on those threads (besides apparently making a good argument for once). In this case, it's Martha Superman versus one of the few characters that actually wrecked MCU Thor, Hela, the main villain of Thor: Ragnarok. What's even better is the fact that they are both morals off (which doesn't mean much for Hela since she's always morals off, but it does mean for Clark since he "doesn't kill"). The thread was made half a year ago but it got bumped recently, and is around 4 pages long.

Can "X" Do This? Feat Analysis/Comparison Thread

In case you didn't know (and you should know), few months ago, the Battle Forum got filled with so many threads related to "can this character do that" topics, to the point that it seemed like intentional spam. So the mods decided to create this thread, where all the topics related to such discussions can be argued on this thread. The reaction to this idea was mostly negative, yet it turned out to be successful, since the thread is like 18 pages long. So if you are curious as to whether a character A can replicate a feat preformed by character B, or if character X is stronger/faster/more durable than character Y, check out this thread.

CaVs of the Week

Naruto vs Ichigo, Luffy, and Meliodas

A battle 4 major shonen protagonists. As BSM Naruto represented by @emperorthanos- takes on a trio of Luffy(@shirso), Ichigo(@darthjhawk) and Meliodas(@deathhero61). Naruto is stronger than the Trio individually but together they can provide quite the challenging battle. Considering the vast number of abilities between Naruto will have his work cut out for him. This cav is also unique in the fact we see a single viner take on a group of other viners in a debate.

Charlotte Katakuri vs Donquixote Dolfamingo

An all One Piece CaV. Sweet Commander Katakuri takes on former Shichibukai Doflamingo. With @gearsecond659 representing the former and @shirso representing the latter. Now for anyone who has read One Piece, this battle does seem onesided given their respective performances against Gear 4 Luffy. However one must take into the account of some of the context behind Doffy's loss and how that might have changed the outcome. While this is still an uphill battle, it is closer than one might think.

Killua Zoldyck vs Tang san

Killua from the Hunter X Hunter represented by @gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps takes on Tang San from Soul Land represented by @mass. Killua is somewhat well known due to popularity of his Manga series while I'm sure many of few are unfamiliar with Tang. Neither character is often seen in cavs or general battle threads so this might be an opportunity to learn about someone new.

Ultimate Kars vs Ultimate Green Goblin

A Manga vs Comic cav with Ultimate Kars from Jojo's Bizarre Universe takes one Ultimate Green Goblin. The former is being debated by @gearsecond659 while the latter is being debated by @kevd4wg. Green Goblin is one of those few characters whose Ultimate version is more powerful than his 616 version. He comes up against deadly mid tier opponent from one of the strongest Manga verses around.

Respect thread of the week: Agent Venom (created by @blackspidey2099)

This week's featured respect thread showcases the showings of one of Marvel's fan favorite Symbiote hosts and former bully-turned-close friend of Peter Parker, Flash Thompson, during his lengthy tenure as Agent Venom. For being the host of the Symbiote in less than a decade, Thompson has shown to be rather capable, combat wise, with the suit. Said respect thread is also notable for honoring some of the best and heroic parts of Thompson's career with or without the suit.

Shout outs to all military veterans out there.

Credits

#297 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: Tags didn;'t work for me and seeing as how no one has responded yet, I am guessing no one got the tags.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#298 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (11034 posts) - - Show Bio
#299 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio
#300 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue, I had no idea about the catch sounds interesting