Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Welcome to the Daily Debater thread

No Caption Provided

What is the Daily Debater

The Daily Debater is idea thought of by Cor_tsar. It started out as an online news source dedicated to the battle forums on Comicvine. We showcases all the new Battles, CaVs and tourneys of the week. We have since expanded to showcases respect threads made by members of the community as well as doing interviews with some of the more popular vines . We also strive to give you all the latest comic and CBM news to keep you up to date with what's going on in the comic book world.

Who is part of the Daily Debater

Supremegeneration- The man who helped get the TDD going and has helped with comcing up with new ideas for the TDD. Not as heavily involved as he used to be but still present.

Emperorthanos - In charge of gathering the various CaVs going on in the week. Also showcases any tourneys that have been started up and are looking for participants.

Krleavenger -Gathers and does write ups for all the major battle threads of the week. Also helps with the respect threads of the week and usually the one to post the issue

Vertigo - Previously known as blackesnight, he is the one in charge of finding and writing up all the lastest news in the comic book world. Also helps out with the respect threads and write the character of the week.

TheCWFlash - Formerly called Sanitrize . Helps out with the respect threads and the humans of the battle forum

Life_Without_Progress - Most recent member of the team. Person who does all the interviews for the humans of the battle forums

Current Issue #60

Character of the Week:

Battle of the Week: Blue Marvel vs Gladiator

No Caption Provided

Votes Required

Your CaV is finally finished and you don't have enough votes? You want more people to vote on it? Make sure to PM us if you want your CaVs to be posted on "Votes Required" section. There we can inform other users who follow the Daily Debater to check out your CaV (or tourney match) and vote on it. Unlike CaVs of the week, CaVs won't be posted on this section unless the participants ask us to do so.

Callouts

Interested in the TDD and want to be tagged for the issues? Well just let one of us know and you will be added to the callout list for every issue and anything else we do.

Past issues

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Issue #46

No Caption Provided

Announcements

We are Back !

For the past couple weeks we haven't been able to post anything. But our goal from now on is to hopefully post more consistently and in a timely fashion. We decided to create a new thread as well, one which we can edit unlike the previous one.

Character of the week

A new segement that we plan doing on a weekly basis. Basically where we showcase a different character every issue. It will begin with the next issue onwards.

Comic News

New Cyberforce, Darkness, Aphrodite V & Witchblade comics!

After years of waiting, Top Cow comic fans are finally seeing some of the most iconic characters comic back to comics. The new Witchblade series began publishing back in December, but fans can now start a countdown on when to pick up new Cyberforce, Aphrodite V, and Darkness comics. I hope all fans are as excited as I am!

Silver and Black to begin filming in March

For fans of Black Cat & Silver Sable, the upcoming movie starring marvel's vixens is set to begin filming in March, with a target release date of Feb 8, 2019. This is also going to be part of Sony's cinematic universe alongside the upcomig Venom movie. Mark your calendars true believers!

Krypton, the show about Supermans grandfather

For those of you who haven't heard, Syfy is making a show created by David S Goyer about Krypton, before it exploded. It will center around Superman's grandfather, Set-El and will reportadly, feature other DC names as they travel to the past to shape Krypton's destiny for their own goals. Adam Strange has already been confirmed to "factor heavily in the first episode"

Old Man Hawkeye review

Ethan Sacs brings us back the wastelands of Old Man Logan, and in case you're hesitant on checking it out, here's a spectacular review written by Comic Vine's very own @k4tzm4n. This review does a great job at laying out the cards, while not spoiling anything. I'd invite everyone to give it a read, and if you want to, drop a comment for such a job well done. You won't be disappointed.

Battle of the Week: Spider-men (Peter and Miles) vs Wolverines (Logan and Daken)

No Caption Provided

As you all know, the Daily Debater took over the Battle of the Week segment few months ago, and we were posting new threads every week. However, with our inability to provide more Daily Debater content these past few weeks led us to "departure" from Battle of the Week segment, and eventually, @jashro44 agreed to continue with this segment yet again (although some members of the Daily Debater will still help out this segment, and new Battles of the Week will still be posted on the Daily Debater with every new issue coming up). For this week, as you can tell, we have a fight between two high end street levelers of the Marvel Universe, Spider-man and Wolverine. Each character has his own partner this time. Peter is joined by Miles Morales, his successor from the Ultimate Universe, and Logan's son, Daken will be his partner. This thread was posted 2 days ago so you still have a lot of time to share your thoughts on the outcome of this match up. Check it out and your argument might be posted once "the Results" thread is posted at the end of the week. Link is in the title.

Best Battles in Comics 1/10/18

@jashro44 also brought back another segment and he posted it five days ago. It's about the most recent and coolest on-panel fights seen in newer comics. For more information, check out the thread itself. If you have any idea for new Battle of the Week match ups or more cool fights that you would like to see in either one of these segments, check out Battle of the Week Suggestion thread now.

CaVs of the Week

DCEU Wonder Woman vs MCU Avengers

An all live action cav between DCEU's Wonder Woman in her god mode state against the avengers of the MCU. With @anthp2000representing Diana against @kevd4wg who is debating for Marvel's mightiest Heros. While DCEU Movies aren't doing as well as the Marvel ones, their characters certainly have the edge when it comes to battles and feats. However while WW is strong in her God form, the MCU Avengers are made of some powerful fighters on their own, so she will have her work cut out for her.

Midoriya vs Gon

A fighter between two major shonen jump protagonists as Midoriya from My hero academia takes on Gon from Hunter X Hunter. As @gearsecond659 represents to the former while @streak619 debates for the latter. These are two of the most popular shonen protagonists as well as two of the youngest. Both of them are strong street levelers all sorts of enemies in their respective manga. But now they face opponents unlike anything they have faced so far. And this time only one of them can prevail.

Jill valentine VS Hitman

Two video game marksman face off with @sirfizzwhizz representing Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil series takes on @sawed_off_it who is representing Hitman from the Hitman series. Two well known and deadly video game killers. Jill has taken on many Zombie and other monsters in her time, but here she takes on one of the most skilled marksman in fiction.

Naruto and Sasuke vs Meliodas and Estarossa

The two strongest Ninja in Naruto take on the two Demon Brothers of the Seven Deadly Sins. @thenewguysnm represents Naruto and Sasuke against @hittheassasin representing Meliodas and Estarossa. Naruto and Sasuke have become incredibly powerful over the years, both receiving numerous upgrades, for the sake of this battle they will be as they were prior to receiving the sage of six paths boost. Which would allow Mel and Estarossa to be more than enough to give them good fight.

All Might vs Deep Sea King

A second cav this week involving a My hero academia characters, this it's Midoriya's predecessor All Might who is being represented by @jucaslucasa. They face @chaos239 who is debating for Deep Sea King. Prior to his defeat at the hands of Saitama, the Deep Sea King took on and beat quite a number of heros, some whom where S ranked. Now he takes on the number 1 hero in My Hero Academia. All might has managed to beat every villain he has faced so far but lets see if he can repeat that success against a demon level threat.

Votes Required

Your CaV is finally finished and you don't have enough votes? You want more people to vote on it? Make sure to PM us if you want your CaVs to be posted on "Votes Required" section. There we can inform other users who follow the Daily Debater to check out your CaV (or tourney match) and vote on it. Unlike CaVs of the week, CaVs won't be posted on this section unless the participants ask us to do so.

Battle threads of the Week

Black Panther (MCU) VS Team Arrow (CW)

Kicking things off with Daily Debater's Battle Threads of the Week, we have MCU vs CW Street level fight, 1 vs 4. Black Panther (T'Challa) vs Team Arrow from Season 6. All of them have their standard weapons and equipment, they are all In Character and win via knockout. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread will be bumped once the Black Panther movie comes out or when characters from Season 6 get more feats, but for now we work with what we've got. The thread is not that long, but it contains some interesting arguments.

CW Green Arrow & DCEU Batman vs MCU Women of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Another Live Action Comic Book Street Tier fight between a duo composed of CW Green Arrow and DCEU Batman, fighting MCU female SHIELD Agents (Melinda May, Bobbi Morse, Daisy Johnson & Natasha Romanoff). It's 2 vs 4. Skill and accuracy vs numbers and gear. Random encounter. No knowledge. Standard gear. Daisy can't use her powers. Teams start the fight 50 feet away from each other. Two rounds (morals on and morals off). Win by any means. Not much else to talk about. I don't watch Arrow, and I've stopped watching AoS after Season 3, so I don't know what else to say aside from thread being around 70 posts long and that it already contains some interesting arguments. These are Live Action battles after all. There will always be some arguments.

CW Reverse Flash, Zoom and Savitar vs Live Action Marvel Characters

CW Speedsters vs MCU + Fox Super Hero Teams. Three main villains of the Flash TV Show, each one being the main villain of their respective seasons. Reverse Flash/Eobard Thawne, Zoom/Hunter Zolomon and Savitar/Barry's Future Time Remnant. Their opponents are massive MCU and FOX X-Men teams. Everyone seen in the following images in the OP aside from Thanos and Apocalypse. CW Speedsters are bloodlusted/morals off. Team Marvel is In Character. No prep time and no Infinity Gem for Doctor Strange. Quicksilver is a part of the team so this might as well be CW Speedsters vs Quicksilver. This thread was posted 3 months ago and it was bumped yesterday or something. Currently it's 3 pages long.

MCU Hela/Thor VS DCEU Superman/Wonder Woman

This is the last Live Action/Comic Book Movie fight for this week. We had to save the best for last. MCU Thor and his sister Hela vs DCEU Superman and Wonder Woman. Asgardian Gods of Thunder and Death vs The Last Son of Krypton and strongest Amazon Warrior (live action versions at least). They have current gear (I assume that means Thor does not have Mjolnir), they fight in Asgard to the death and are morals off. Speed is also equalized. This thread was posted 3 days ago. Surprisingly it wasn't as active as I would expect, but it is still full of arguments. I would spare you the details. Just check it out yourselves.

Cyclops vs Wolverine

This seems like one of those threads nobody makes or at least does not argue on these days. Because it's the same match up we've seen in comic books themselves, in numerous occasions. Therefor, it becomes more of a comparison between fights and showing type of debate instead of arguing over feats and set of abilities. And yet, this thread was still bumped on numerous occasions. Then remains inactive for months/years, and then it gets bumped yet again. It was bumped like few days ago, and since both of them are one of the most popular comic book characters ever, with one of the coolest rivalries of all time, I figured, why not put it on the Daily Debater? Especially because both of these characters have recently returned to the Marvel Universe, which makes me pretty excited. But back to the thread, it was posted like nine years ago, and it is 6 pages/270 posts long at this moment.

Warriors Madness Thor and World Breaker Hulk Run a Gauntlet

It's been a while since I've seen Marvel's main powerhouses teaming up to fight against a series of enemies (run the gauntlet if you will). Warrior Madness/Blood and Thunder Thor and World Breaker Hulk. Strongest versions of these characters (excluding other extremely OP versions like Rune King and Space Punisher). Everyone is Morals Off. All Marvel characters are 616, and all DC characters are New 52. Thor and Hulk are immune to each other's attacks and are fully healed and rested between rounds. The gauntlet is composed of seven rounds, mostly them fighting two enemies at the time. The thread was posted 9 days ago and it is currently 2 pages long.

Thanos vs Zoom

I know this is not something I would put here, but surprisingly, this thread wasn't as heated as a thought it would be. And I don't remember if I every included an extremely controversial match-up like this one on the Daily Debater. But since we haven't been posting for more than a month, I'll make an exception. The almighty Thanos who wrecks everyone he fights against, versus Zoom (Hunter Zolomon, not to be confused with Eobard Thawne Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash), a guy who also happens to wreck pretty much anyone he fights with. You wouldn't expect a thread with a match up like this to be short. And this thread did not disappoint. It reached 22 pages and 1000+ posts (It's a 9 year old thread but it wasn't active all the time).

Sasuke vs Pain

A fight between two Naruto-verse characters. Sasuke, the second main protagonist and one of the former villains of the series, versus the first child of prophecy and the first main villain of Naruto Shippuden, Nagato/Pain. This thread was posted 4 years ago, and it was bumped a handful of times since then. Since another user bumped it yet again, I decided to add it on the Daily Debater. It's been a while since we had a Battle Thread with two Naruto characters fighting each other. And the match-up and the scenario seem interesting enough IMO. In this fight, Sasuke is in the exact same scenario as Naruto was in his fight against Six Paths of Pain. He has basic knowledge and fights all Six Paths from Attack on Konoha. They have shared vision, and are not that far away from Nagato (Tendo Pain/Deva Path needs 5 seconds to activate Shinra Tensei). This is EMS/War Arc Sasuke. Can Sasuke win?

Jiren runs the H2H gauntlet

Some think he is badass. Some think he is interesting. Some think he is boring as hell. One thing is for sure. Jiren is one extremely overpowered idiot, even by Dragon Ball standards. He might not have that many abilities aside from strength, speed and energy projection, but this guy was confirmed to be one of, if not the only mortal superior to the God of Destruction/Hakaishin of his own Universe. He fought and overpowered Ultra Instinct Goku and beat the shit out of anyone below him. Lets see how he can handle other powerful Manga characters in hand to hand combat. One interesting thing here is that Jiren is morals off, just like his opponents.

Who is the strongest character Superman can take a full-force punch from, without flinching?

Based on the OP, it is pretty self explanatory. Who is the strongest character who can punch Superman with full force of his/her blow, without him flinching? He can't dodge or block. He has to tank it like a man. A pretty interesting idea, and it seems like a lot of people have pretty controversial opinions. Some would say Superman can no sell attacks from powerhouses, while others think that anyone above low mid tiers could at least make him flinch. It would be easier to decide what attacks he can tank/survive without getting KO'd or even killed, but how well characters react to certain punches is pretty inconsistent in the world of comic books. Should be an interesting argument.

Respect Thread of the Week

Mirror Master (Sam Scudder and Evan McCulloch)

Ever wondered what the Flash's first super villain from his on Silver Age series is capable of? @thetruebarryallen provided an amazing respect thread for Mirror Master (both the original Mirror Master Sam Scudder and the second Post-Crisis Mirror Master Evan McCulloch). TTBA provided origins, list of powers and abilities, bios/handbook entries, feats, caption and great formatting. Mirror Master is far from being a pushover and is one of the most versatile members of the Rogues.

Humans of the Battle Forum Special - The Daily Debater Crew Interview

Welcome to the interview of all members of the Daily Debater, including @supremegeneration, @emperorthanos, @krleavenger, @blackestnight93 and @life_without_progress. Sadly, @sanitrize1999 couldn't join us because he wasn't active these past few weeks. But the Daily Debater interviewed all the other cool members who helped this segment stay alive and provide more and more content to the amazing debating community of Comic Vine. Enjoy.

@supremegeneration

- Tell us a bit of who you are outside of CV. Who is SupremeGeneration exactly?

Well uh... believe it or not, SupremeGeneration is a 16 year old teenager in high school. I attend what's called an "Early College" - my high school is on the campus of a university. While most American high school students take year-long English, Science, Math, and History classes I take those in a single semester. I'm currently a sophomore at said Early College, and the work is harder than I could've imagined.

I'm glad I'm going through it though. It's so far been a great experience with the exception being that things at home are not alright. To put it to you simply, ever since March of 2017 I've been struggling emotionally and it's also affected me mentally. I could plow through tests like nobody's business without studying, but ever since March 10th I've had to study for the first time in years to just barely get an A in any class. Pile on the fact that we also take dead-on college courses, and it's been rough.

This is also the reason I've been withdrawing bit by bit from ComicVine. I'm having trouble thinking straight; I'm thinking slower. I can't get through openers without day-long breaks, I can't find scans despite having them remembered to the subfolder. All of that was caused by a dare I say abusive mother with no control over herself.

Aside from all that sadness and mental/emotional instability, I am of Latino descent. El Salvador and Guatemala, specifically, so my family is taking the TPS news pretty hard. I'm an avid Xbox gamer, specifically the likes of Overwatch, GTA, and Fortnite. As evidenced by this account, I like comic books, though I'm not really into the stories themselves, just the arguing and the feats.

Down to more minor tidbits:

• When people ask my favorite kind of music I tell them to scroll through my library... I literally don't know what I listen to, I just listen to it. Imagine Dragons, Eminem, Passenger, Ed Sheeran, and more.
  • I don't have a favorite color, I don't really care.
  • I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. My only condition is that it takes me away from hell itself my mother.

- How did you get into comic books (Western stuff like DC, Marvel etc. or Eastern stuff like manga, anime etc.) and when did you start out here in CV? How do you feel about the debating community in general?

I saw the Avengers movie. Simple as that. I was hooked and started thinking up random battles, thinking the movie versions were the levels of the comic versions. Boy I was wrong. I was also clueless as all ducks. I was what, 10 when the movie came out? Didn't know what to think. Then I saw the AoU trailer and I done ducked up there too. Just two years later at the age of 12 I thought Hulk going really really really mad = Red Hulk and because in the trailer, Wanda used TP to give Hulk some red around his eyes, I was like "c00l rulk gon be in et". Boy I was a noob...

The debating community is... iffy, to say the least. The comic vs comic community is at a peak of where it should be, but when you include live action... I can't begin to describe how disappointed I feel when I click on a live action vs live action or live action vs comic book thread. The biggest issue I'll see sometimes is people taking things personally or things out of context. There's a massive amount of wank and lowballing. Before I get called a fanboy, let make my opinions clear:

• In general for high tiers, CW > DCEU > MCU. There, I said it. However, DCEU is way overwanked with CW getting highballing here and there sprinkled out and MCU is ergo lowballed.
  • In general for street levellers, MCU > CW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DCEU. The MCU gets slightly lowballed from time to time, but I'd argue the CWverse is even moreso lowballed.

I also don't care for the speed argument. Yes, it matters, but if they've been tagged by slower, then the person they're up against should be just as capable of doing so (looking at you, Superman/Flash-esque characters!).

- Do you have any particular favorite characters? How about comic book/manga writers and artists?

Before I start... I hate anime and manga.

As for favorite characters... Well like I said earlier, I'm a feat junkie, not a story reader. I enjoy them when I read them but I'm not blown away. So instead, I'll list my favorites to debate with:

• For teambusters, it's Ultron. I'm starting to read some Thanos too, but I'm not as invested just yet.
  • For high tiers, it's Iron Man and the Hulk. My staples, you guys already know this.
  • For mid tiers... I don't really have any. I guess you can call Percy Jackson a mid tier if he lets loose.
  • For street tiers, like I said, a powerless Percy/low power usage Percy is my go-to for high street. Going a bit lower I'm all about those Kingsmen.

That said, I do have some favorite writers. The biggest three would be good 'ole Stan Lee, Matt Fraction, and Jim Starlin.

-What do you think is your reputation in the Battle Forums and what is the highlight of your time as a debater here in CV?

Ah reputation... I'd like to think I'm well-liked. I've been called someone's favorite Hulk debater (@apex_pretador) and I am pretty knowledgeable on the characters I like. I have my WIP Kingsmen Respect Thread to be proud of. I'm also probably a bit disliked for not continuing a few CaVs I should have.

A CaV that I've been in that's garnered the most attention would probably have to be Hulk vs Thor against@asgardianbrony. It's popular, it's current, it's pretty even, yet I realized recently that I started it a bad time. I could lose it for the wrong reasons (not wanting to continue) but I don't mind; I did my best in a shit state of mind. I still feel that my debating for that CaV could have been 48935720496824578263498x better, but I'm always down for the rematch.

After that, I've had two... controversial CaVs. I've probably had more, but these are off the top of my head. The first of these is Iron Man vs Captain Marvel (Danvers) against@ecstaticgrace. I made a lot of key mistakes, messed some scans up when I forgot the writer, and I'll be the first to admit... I did pretty bad. I still feel in my gut that I was right but I went about it the wrong way and at some point I even blew up. Definitely not my proudest moment.

The second was Percy Jackson vs Harry Potter against @knownlegend. This one was probably worse than the aforementioned. I was exceptionally lazy for that debate, and it got pointed out. I got cocky because I was up against a new Viner, so I didn't debate as well thinking I couldn't lose. I almost did lose. I'll still be the first to admit, my mistakes could've cost me and I would've lost fair and square. I would have minded, but now I look back a bit in shame yet glad I went through it to improve.

As for a specific highlight... I don't necessarily have a favorite debate. I'm in some Kingsmen CaVs right now, waiting to see how those go. None of my tourney matches go well because everyone likes hax and I hate hax more than I hate anime (and boy do I hate anime). I restarted TDD, so I'll definitely have something to my name should I leave. I plan on finishing that respect thread soon, so I can have more to say for myself. I'm still on a lookout to have a debate to go down in the history books; something extremely controversial that, even if I lose, people will remember me for giving an excellent fight.

- Lastly, Any advice you'd like to share with other fellow debaters and any other debaters you want to shoutout to and thank for your experiences in the Battle Forums?

First things first is TDD crew, obviously: @krleavenger@life_without_progress@emperorthanos@sanitrize1999@blackestnight93. Without them, you wouldn't even be getting this message. The next person I want to shout out is @chimeroid. One of my first ever CaVs was against him, and I did bad, as expected. However, he PM'd me after with tips and tricks and I've used those ever since. Aside from TDD crew, I've made some really good friends on the Vine as well. @revan- comes to mind. @zetsumoto and @asgardianbrony are my frenemies; we're friends in PMs and on threads, but when we debate, we debate.

@emperorthanos

- Tell us a bit of who you are outside of CV. Who is Emperorthanos exactly?

Well I'm 19 years old and from India. As kid I moved around a lot due to my Father's job so I have lived all over the world. I'm currently living Boston studying Computer Engineering at Northeastern University. I think I speak and behave the same way on vine as I do in real life though I do tend to get angry a lot quicker on vine. I'm a pretty avid gamer mostly on my PS4 and I also enjoy playing Football(*Soccer for the Americans reading this).

- How did you get into comic books (Western stuff like DC, Marvel etc. or Eastern stuff like manga, anime etc.) and when did you start out here in CV? How do you feel about the debating community in general?

Well I have been watching anime since as long as i remember. I started out watching Dragon Ball Z, and because I enjoyed it so much I go into other Shonen stuff like Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist etc. have watched a couple of episodes of One Piece but it was the one anime I really never got into. I eventually made the switch to manga due the final arc of Bleach not coming to anime and since then I really only read manga rather than watch anime.

I got into comic books around the time the Dark Knight Rises came out. My friend got me to read Knightfall which I enjoyed quite a bit. After that I read the various comics which were all DC for the most part. I got into marvel comics a little later which I mostly read online. It was also around this time I began lurking on comicivne though I didn't make an account until a couple years later. When I decided I had read enough to comics to actually participate in comic battles.

As for the debating community on vine, I personally believe that you get the best debating in cavs. Regular threads are filled with so much nonsense and wanking these days that the good stuff often just goes unnoticed. CV has some really great debaters that I have had the privilege to go up against over the that last 2 and a half years and I do feel that some of the best vs debates on the INTERNET can be found here.

- Do you have any particular favorite characters? How about comic book/manga writers and artists?

My favorite comic book Hero would have to be Hal Jordan while Sinestro would be my favorite villain. And if haven't guessed already Geoff Johns would probably be my favorite comic book writer. I really enjoyed his entire GL run and it was really made me fall in love with the two characters. Aside from that I like Thanos alot as well, hence my CV name. I also recently got into Ninjak and I have taken a liking to character too.

In terms of manga/anime my favoraite manga right now would the Seven Deadly Sins while my favorite one of all time would have to Bleach right up until the end of Aizen. It really just went downhill from there. Aside from that I a big fan of Dragon Ball Z as it was the reason I got into anime to begin. I also enjoyed Toriko, Naruto, My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, FMA and many more that I can't name of the top of my head.

-What do you think is your reputation in the Battle Forums and what is the highlight of your time as a debater here in CV?

I do think I have reputation of being one of the better and more experienced debaters on vine being mainly known for my DBZ and anime debating. I'm mostly known by those who have been around for the past 2-3 years and anyone before then probably wouldn't have heard of me. I'm also known for doing the TDD as well as the Phonebook. I'm also known for hosting tourneys specifically the high tier tourney that I have been running for 2 years now and people often ask me for help for building their tourneys or use my tourney as basis for their own.

As for the highlight of my time as a debater, it would probably have to be my Beerus vs Gorr CaV against @asgardianbrony, a lot of people read and voted on that one. There was also my Goku vs Superman debate against @lvenger which is probably my biggest debate to date.

- Lastly, Any advice you'd like to share with other fellow debaters and any other debaters you want to shoutout to and thank for your experiences in the Battle Forums?

I'm not really one to give advice so what I will say is debate what you know and what you enjoy. Don't debate for characters you don't like because it does tend to hamper how you view their feats. While try to debate for characters whose comics you have actually read. Oh and the most important thin in a debate is context, context can make or break a debate so always be aware of the context of each and every feat you use.

Well for shoutouts, I'd first give a out shoutout the every member of the TDD crew @supremegeneration@krleavenger@life_without_progress@blackestnight93@sanitrize1999 as well as @cor_tsar for coming up with the Idea. I'd like to give a shoutout @spector_rand, he helped me lot early and is probably the reason I got into tourneys whether it's making or participating in them. Another shoutout to @deathhero61 and @heirtothekingdom, two people who I have interacted with throughout my time in vine, have had discussions on various things and who have become what I would consider friends on vine. @the-seeffiss17 taught me the most important lesson on vine, context. @lvenger probably the best debater on the site who I have had the opportunity to go up against twice. @buildhare, @nfactor1995 guys who interacted with early on during my Live Action days. @justicethorpsylocke a really great debater who I have come up against in multiple tourneys. @darthjhawk who took over the Phonebook for me which is something I am very grateful for. @apex_pretador a person who I have interacted with quite bit and shares my interested in DBZ as well as Thanos. @god_vulcan as well for my various interactions with him. And finally all the folks who have participated in my tourneys(You know who you are)

@krleavenger

- Tell us a bit of who you are outside of CV. Who is KrleAvenger exactly?

I don't think there is much to say unless I reveal too much. As a kid and a teenager, I experienced some pretty rough things. I was naive and stupid. I thought everything in life was suppose to be ideal, which is not a good thing when you are surrounded by the worst examples of students and teachers in both elementary school and high school. The more time I spend in those so called "institutions that provide education", the more I developed inferiority complex and the feeling that I'm just a bad example of a human being. I was annoyed, angry and depressed almost all the time (I was pretty dumb) and I never listened to my parents. The biggest problem was the fact that I was too stupid to tell them what was actually going on, maybe because I myself wasn't aware of it.

Eventually I start noticing some pretty weird symptoms. Lack of strength and coordination, fatigue, low stamina, swollen neck and so on. Over the years we were visiting multiple hospitals, sometimes in different countries as well, and most of them were saying that I was either ok or not I just have to rest for a little while. Few years later, we found out that I was diagnosed with leukemia, a deadly disease that affects bone marrow and white blood cells. I was in my teenage years at the time, so I was more than old enough to understand what was going on. But to be honest, everything from that period seems completely blurry to me, and I can't remember a whole ton of it aside from like 5-8 scenes.

To point is, I was cured after 9 and a half months of treatment. And after 15 months of revisiting the hospital twice a week (because it's a part of Post-Therapy or whatever they called it, like I said, I don't remember much of it), I was mostly fine (although we believed it came back, but it didn't I was in the hospital for only a week). When were we done with it, I wasn't less healthy than any average guy with similar height and age. The thing is, this "event" as I call it, took a toll on me, my mom and my younger brother (ironically it affected the two of them more than me). We were confused, we were lost, we were angry, and most of the time after the treatment I spend thinking.

========================================================================================

I came to a conclusion that everything that happened to me was because of my ignorance and stupidity. For the sake of not turning this into a novel (LOL), I'll spare you the further details. After having a Batman type of struggle (with in myself), I started to learn what the world is like and what it means to be a man. Because of my experience with other people and that period I would rather forget, I decided to study psychology. I just couldn't think of anything else that would suit me (spending months thinking, jumping to conclusions and learning will do that to you). So far it's been going on pretty nicely. I study, I do my research and a lot of people that are familiar with the subject think I'm pretty good, so luckily I'll make something of it.

===========================================================================================

Aside from psychology, I like reading books (and comic books, obviously, but I'll get to that in a second), watching movies and TV shows (sometimes cartoons, rarely tho), reviewing and talking about movies, talking with other people about life related things (gotta practice LOL) and so on. I also exercise a lot and I know a thing or two about box as well. I play video games but I'm not too crazy over it. I also like reading scientific theories on, whatever I come across (mostly astrophysics, although I'm no expert and I don't plan on becoming one). My biggest hobby tho is the writing, but I don't want to bother you with that. I don't have a lot of time for it anyway.

When I was like four years old, my mom and I went to buy something. When we went home, we walked past a local comic book story and I saw a cover of a Spider-man comic (I don't remember which one it was, but I think it was drawn by Todd McFarlane). It looked cool to me so I told my mom to buy it. When my uncle found out about it, he told me a lot of things about Marvel, including Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, the Avengers, SHIELD and (especially) X-Men and Wolverine, since he was a fan of those. I was too young to read them so I was either looking at the pictures or my mom was reading them to me. The first comic that I myself read was Secret Wars, which was pretty cool because I found out about the origin of Spider-man's Black Suit, which created Venom. Now I found out about Batman and Superman by watching 90s Batman Cartoon and that original Superman show from the 40s or something which, if I remember correctly, is the reason why Superman gained the ability to fly. But I haven't found out about DC Comics until like few years after my first Marvel Comic. Mostly I was reading Batman and Superman comics at the time, but I got interested in the Flash, Green Lantern and Justice Society of America (JSA >>> JLA).

=================================================================================================

By the time we post it, I think it would be around 2 years and like two days since I've joined Comic Vine. As for the debating community, it's the same as pretty much any community out there. It is full of a lot of great users, and more not so great users. I could complain about it all day, but to be perfectly honest, I think there are way more reasonable people on Comic Vine than on any other online site or forms of social media (or Youtube). And here we have mods who keep everything in check.

My favorite character would be Captain America. In my mind, he is the perfect example of the greatest super hero ever (not the most iconic tho). And I'm not saying that because of bias. That is how I viewed him before, which is the reason why he became my favorite super hero. My other favorites are Iron-man, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Spider-man, Fantastic Four, JSA, Superman, Wolverine and so on. As for villains, my favorite is probably Norman Osborn Green Goblin. On the second place would be Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash (Thawne). I also love Thanos, Ultron, Doctor Doom, Sinestro, Cyborg Superman...

My favorite writers are Jonathan Hickman (FF, Avengers, Secret Wars), Geoff Johns (52, JSA, Green Lantern, Flash, Infinite Crisis...), Mark Waid (52, Daredevil, Captain America, FF, Flash, Kingdom Come), Grant Morrison (52, X-Men, Final Crisis, JLA...), Jim Starlin (Infinity Gauntlet, Captain Marvel, Warlock and Infinity Watch, Thanos...), Ed Brubaker (Captain America, Daredevil...), Stan Lee (everything), Chris Claremont (Uncanny X-Men), Warren Ellis and Matt Fraction (Iron-man), and the list goes on and on.

My reputation? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of viners heard about me simply because I joined the Daily Debater and BOTW. But as a debater, I don't think so. There are users who think I'm very knowledgeable debater and "expert" on many characters, but most of them barely spend more time her than I did. Debaters who were active for 4-8 years or something like that either never heard of me or don't know anything about me aside from being that one guy from the Daily Debater (not that I have a problem with it, I'm just answering the question). So when it comes to my reputation, I guess I'm no different than an average user who spends a lot of time on the Battle Forum. As for the highlight or my time on Comic Vine, that would be when I joined the Daily Debater.

I feel like a lot of people say the same thing. Don't be afraid to admit that you are wrong. That's a very good advice, but since a lot of people already mentioned that, my advice is not to get hostile and aggressive when someone says something absurd. It happens to the best of us, so when someone says something that might sound absurd to you, there is no need to be hostile when you debate. People get misinformed or don't know the whole story behind whatever he/she is talking about. As long as they don't make assertive claims 100% of the time, even when their proven wrong or when they ignore you everything you say, then there's no need to post hostile comments when you either share your opinion or explain why he/she was wrong. I was hostile myself few times when someone said something that was just illogical to me, and I'm not particularly proud of that. It's easier to convince people of something with good behavior, and even if they can't agree with you, it's better to end the discussion by "agreeing to disagree" instead of ending the conversation with insults. The point of the Battle Forum is to share our thoughts certain outcomes and characters' power with other users and/or provide information to people who are either misinformed or are not aware of certain things. On Comic Vine, it seems to me like most people focus on debunking people's arguments and wrecking them in a debate instead of having a conversation. That's a problem I see a lot of the Battle Forum, even when it comes to Hall of Fame debaters (I have/had that problem myself).

=====================================================================================================

I would like to give a shoutout to the Daily Debater crew (@supremegeneration, @emperorthanos, @blackestnight93, @sanitrize1999and @life_without_progress). I would never improve as a debater would spending more time on the Battle Forum, and I would completely give up on it if not for the Daily Debater (you can't post threads without reading them, and sometimes you have to debate yourself). I would also like to give a shoutout to @jashro44 and @lvenger. They probably don't know it but they actually helped me improve as a debater as well. I was also reading a lot of older CaVs. I also want to mention @New_World_Order/@heirtothekingdom. We participated in like four CaVs where we debated against each other, and neither of us every actually won (I think he won once by having a one vote more, and I kinda won the other time because he conceded or something, the other two were cancelled). We also spend a lot of time debating on regular Battle Forum threads, and he is the only user who I really enjoy debating against. Mostly we agreed to disagree, sometimes I agreed with him, sometimes he agreed with me (oh man, when I look back, I said some things I myself don't agree with now). I think I could call him my rival, but I don't remember whether he feels the same about me. Although we both respect one another as debaters. There is also @thor_parker82 but we never actually debate. Mostly we discuss things we agree with.

There are more people I would like to mention, but since this is just Battle Forum related, I can't think of anyone else.

@blackestnight93

Tell us a bit of who you are outside of CV. Who is Blackestnight93 exactly

Well, I'm from the east coast of Canada and I'm 24 years old. I'm not long graduated from college with a diploma in Criminology and am applying for a career in law enforcement. In terms of how I am on the vine vs how I am in real life, I'd say there's a decent contrast as I find myself a lot more sarcastic and witty in real life, vs here I try to be a bit more mature (hope it shows!). In terms of hobbies, I'm a big gamer. Some people around here already know that I'm a fan of Resident Evil and The Evil Within, but my games collection is massive lol. Also big on the physical activity, gotta keep healthy, especially in the job I want to get. In terms of music, I'll listen to a lot of things and have a lot of things on my personal playlist, from rock to jpop. Most times I'll browse Youtube and if I hear something I like, I'll put it on my Iphone. Other interests include stuff from movies to art (currently in the process of designing my next tattoo). I have plenty to keep me busy in life.

Well, in terms of getting into comics, I grew up in the 90's, which means I grew up watching stuff like Power Rangers, The Justice League cartoons as well as the 90's Spider Man cartoons. So that quickly had me developing a love for heroes in costumes. In terms of manga, I got really into it when I was in elementary school with shows like Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z. So as far as I can remember, I've always loved comics and manga

In terms of my coming to join Comic Vine, it happened a few years back when I started looking up debates on who would win between so and so character and I stumbled upon this site randomly. Most of the arguments I read were from more veteran debaters like Static, Ghostravage and Zoom and I always went and read more debates from the site whenever I had some free time. This went on for a few months until I decided to actually create an account. I then proceeded to get my ass schooled when I tried to prove someone wrong the first time, and it's something that's really stuck with me.

In terms of my thoughts on the debating community in general, it has it's good and bad points, depending on the day. Sometimes you get wank, sometimes you get the most respectful debate you've ever seen, and everything in between. I'd like to think that at the end of the day, it's more good then not so good.

In terms of favorite characters, I have a few. John Constantine is one of my absolute favorites. I'm also a fan of Daredevil (to the point where I have a poster of him in my room). My placing of John has to do with him epitomizing (to me) the "brains over brawn" saying. As for Daredevil, it's his attitude and his maturity that keep me coming back to his stories, as well as re-reading them from time to time.

In terms of comic writers. Warren Ellis, Ed Brubaker and Garth Ennis come to mind (don't hate me for the last one!). Ellis' ruin on The Authority is something I've gone back and read countless times. Brubakers runs on Daredevil and Captain America are two of the best runs on any character hands down. As for Ennis, his runs on Punisher MAX as well as Preacher are must reads for any comic fans. The Boys is also another series of his I really enjoyed. I'll also give a shout out to Alan Moore and Jamie Delano for being instrumental in the creation and development of John Constantine

My reputation? Not sure, honestly. I'd like to think I'm known most for being a member of TDD, as well as being knowledgeable on lots of street level characters, although I can't confirm anything. In terms of my highlight? I'm not sure I've had one yet.

Lastly, Any advice you'd like to share with other fellow debaters and any other debaters you want to shoutout to and thank for your experiences in the Battle Forums?

In terms of advice, I'd tell people to not be afraid to fail, since that's where you learn the most from. If you're legitimately wrong about something, then just up and admit it. If you lose a CaV, don't up and complain about it, take it as an opportunity to get better for next time. You can't win everything all the time.

In terms of shoutouts, I'll give a shoutout to my fellow members of the TDD crew (@supremegeneration@krleavenger@life_without_progress@emperorthanos@sanitrize1999) as well as @sirfizzwhizz & @wyldsong for helping me get into some of my first comic characters. Then there's guys like @brucerogers & @king_hellstorm who are just pleasant debtors and just good to talk to.

@life_without_progress

- Tell us a bit of who you are outside of CV. Who is Life_Without_Progress exactly?

Life_Without_Progress is a young man living in the National Capital Region of the Philippines. Originally taking a double degree program of Literature and Advertising Degrees in one of the top four universities in his country, he moved to a Psychology program when he realized that one of his professors was a dementor from the Harry Potter series with the looks of Count Dracula (he just sucks out all the happiness in life) and decided to move to a new program. He is an avid movie fan and bookworm with a particular love for the Fantasy, Horror, Mystery and Science Fiction genres. He sees Neil Gaiman as his favorite book author, who inspired LWP to be a novelist ever since he was in high school. He also continues to write short stories at the moment while occasionally doodling original characters that he thought up.

LWP' first steps into being a fan of comic books came from a love of Saturday morning cartoons such as Batman The Animated Series and Dragon Ball Z when he was a young child. His first comic book was the first issue of the "Doomquest" story, which came with a Marvel Legends' Iron Man figure that his Grandmother bought for him back in the early 2000s.

He started out in Comicvine back in high school due to the suggestion of one his school friends, with his original account "Hiddensix" but he forgot the password to that account and doesn’t care enough to bother remembering it so he made a new one. He sees the debating community to be constantly engaging because of how interesting other users' opinions tend to be because of their mostly diverse and … compassionate arguments (for better or worse). Although he hopes that more of the people in the battle forums could appreciate the more obscure characters in the future over over-saturated popular powerhouses and live action characters.

LWP’s always been a fan of the more mainstream characters such as Wally West, Superman, Batman, Captain America, Spider-Man and The X-Men. He is also a fan of indie characters like Invincible and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. As a fan of science fiction, He also likes to delve into franchises like Star Trek, Star Wars and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

His favorite comic writers include the likes of Neil Gaiman, Mark Waid, Joss Whedon, Joe Kelly, Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns and Brian K. Vaughan for thinking up some of the most epic and character centric stories he had ever read. His favorite comic artists, on the other hand, include the likes of Gary Frank and Stuart Immonen for their dynamic and expressive work although yes, he does find it creepy at times that Frank’s Superman looks so much like Christopher Reeve.

As for manga and anime, he has no actual favorites that stand out to him much nowadays since there are plenty of good ones out there. At the moment, he is enjoying the Netflix shows “Devilman: crybaby” and “Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash”, which he wants to promote to all other Comicvine members to watch as well.

LWP doesn’t often debate that much in the forums although he does occasionally speak out if he notices that someone’s just spouting nonsense because of bias (Taking a class of Critical and Logical Thinking for an entire 3 month long semester in university does that to you). He is mostly known for introducing and using obscure characters in the Battle Forum threads that he makes. He’s also, on occasion, a cheeky little shit who makes clickbait Battle Forum threads.

This may sound like generic advice but always keep an open mind and learn from others. Spout arguments all you want and point out the flaws of arguments in others but don’t forget to learn from them even if you disagree with their opinions (even if others could be close minded in return. Be better than that). Everyone adds a little spice in to the melting pot that is the debating community and being on good terms with each other keeps it cohesive and friendly overall.

As for shout outs, LWP wants to commend his fellow TDD crew members (@supremegeneration@blackestnight93@krleavenger@emperorthanos and @sanitrize1999) for the crew's continuous efforts to inform other viners of all the cool new stuff happening in the comic book industry and the Battle Forums. He’d also like to thank @jashro44, @i_like_swordsand @allstarsuperman for being some of the first people who welcomed him into the Battle Forums and still be consistent members of the community. He would also like to thank @wollfmyth209 and @sy8008 for consistently posting in most of his threads because it's a rare thing that happens to his threads nowadays.

Credits

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@emperorthanos: Thank you so much for including my Old Man Hawkeye review, but it looks like there's no link?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By APEX_pretador

@emperorthanos:

Well I'm 19 years old and from India.

Heh, I'm 21 and from india too. I also got into comics after watching TDKR

Also thanks for the mention

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 k4tzm4n  Moderator
Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@supremegeneration Thank you for the shoutout. It is an honor. However, i believe you have outgrown those tips and tricks from back then. You are a damn good debater now :D

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos you are a damn MVP for that shoutout dude. Great work here.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jashro44

I do want to thank everyone on the daily debater who hosted/got involved with battle of the week when I was too busy to handle it.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#13  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@emperorthanos: ............this..................is..................AWESOME!!!! I'm very impressed by this thread. I look forward to fully being back in swing on the vine and having CaV's featured here. Very nice man..........

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheKinfing

Why the new thread though?

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By higherpower  Moderator
higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 higherpower  Moderator

This issue was amazing. I learned a lot about the users in the interview and some interesting things. Also thanks for shoutout ET, I am honored.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By brucerogers

Great issue ET and @blackestnight93: thanks for the shoutout mate. It's been a pleasure likewise :)

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By higherpower  Moderator
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos:

Well I'm 19 years old and from India.

Heh, I'm 21 and from india too. I also got into comics after watching TDKR

Also thanks for the mention

oh cool. and no problem

@emperorthanos you are a damn MVP for that shoutout dude. Great work here.

Your welcome you are one of the few people I have debated more than once.

@emperorthanos: ............this..................is..................AWESOME!!!! I'm very impressed by this thread. I look forward to fully being back in swing on the vine and having CaV's featured here. Very nice man..........

thanks this has been going for while now though we took a short break.

This issue was amazing. I learned a lot about the users in the interview and some interesting things. Also thanks for shoutout ET, I am honored.

Thanks and no problem.

Why the new thread though?

I have some ideas and I wanted an OP where atleast one member of the TDD could edit.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: yeah, I've been away for a bit. Back now. Shall begin debating again shortly.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Gotta remember the roots for the debating, man, but thank you either way.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Also kinda cool that we're the exact same age/ year in college

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the best issue yet. Kudos to the team

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great!

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos: yeah, I've been away for a bit. Back now. Shall begin debating again shortly.

It's good to see you back. I have new tourney planned in the coming weeks. High tier. Let me know if you are interested.

@emperorthanos: Also kinda cool that we're the exact same age/ year in college

oh thats cool. good to know.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos:

It's good to see you back. I have new tourney planned in the coming weeks. High tier. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks man, good to be back. Not sure if I'm able to commit to the time restrictions and such of a tourney just as of yet.........mainly going to focus on doing some spectacular CaV's with some of the Vine's elite and up and coming. But I will do so if I'm able, honored by the invite good sir.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darthjhawk  Moderator
arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for including my Mirror Master respect thread!

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: lol, finally. Mad respect bro. To all you. This has been your thread since like since like the second issue. Been kinda waiting for a new one that was more organized for a while. Also love all the new features. Really brings it all together.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: thanks for mentioning my CaV. This was a great read as always.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By Lvenger

Awesome to see TDD back again. Reading about the crew behind it was especially enlightening. You've all done a brilliant job with this segment and it's a testament that something good can come out of a forum as volatile as the battle boards. Will be looking forward to the next issue.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mickey is pleased....

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:
said:

@blackestnight93: thanks for the shoutout mate. It's been a pleasure likewise :)

Anytime mate.

For some reason I forgot to say thanks. So thanks for the mention, means a lot.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nice work everyone :)

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Issue #47

No Caption Provided

@anthp2000:@lubub55@foxerdes:@kotetsu454:@deathhero61: @solomonthenotsowise:@youngkaiser@depinhom@thor_parker82@darth_nimrod@acrokat@blackestnight93@full123@krleavenger:@thekinfing: @jumpstart55: @sigmazone@goldchamp101:@revan2424@heirtothekingdom@battle123axe@elijah_c_washington@cdiddyman911@unbreakable_fs4@jashro44@morpheus_@brucerogers@lord-parallax@captain_batman_ftw@caped_baldy@joewell911: @kingcrimson: @asgardianbrony: @thedailybagel:@lvenger: @sionistheboss: @jucaslucasa: @giliad_: @calvinrod: @ordinaryalan: @monarch_chronicle:@llehdevil@primez0ne@valzaan@morleericks@major_hellstorm@lukehero@sly_141@themultiversity@life_without_progress@jloneblackheart@jaycool2

Comic News

Old Woman Laura

No, comic fans, you did not misread that title. Starting with All New Wolverine 33, Tom Taylor and Ramon Rosanas will be taking us into a more peaceful future where Laura has hung up her costume and has parked herself on a throne until someone....or something forces her to dawn the colors once more. In the link is presumably what Laura's new costume looks like, and it looks like they went all out with the futuristic design of it.

Castlevania season 2

For fans of the first season of the animated Castlevania show released by Netflix, you're happy to know that we are getting a second season set to be released this summer, according to writer Warren Ellis. The series is going to be eight episodes long and will hopefully give us a good story that started in season 1. Mark your calendars.

K4tzm4n Interviews Wonder Woman

Well, it's not technically Wonder Woman, but for those of us who are familiar with the classic Justice League cartoons or Injustice, this voice should be easily recognizable. Comic vines own@k4tzm4n interviews Susan Eisenberg, who voiced DC's iconic Amazon. I encourage everyone to give this interview a listen and drop a comment if you liked it.

Character of the week: Jack Hawksmoor (written by BlackestNight93/Vertigo-)

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Jack Cooper Hawksmoor
  • Created by: Warren Ellis
  • First Appearance: Stormwatch vol 1 issue 37
  • Powers: Superhuman physical attributes among other abilities granted via symbiotic city connection

Jack Hawksmoor was a child who was subjected to multiple abductions and modifications by humans from the future. These abductions resulted in Jack being linked to whatever city he is in at the time. The larger the city, the more his physical attributes are increased. Jack also gained the ability to mentally communicate with the city he was in, manipulating various aspects of it (such as commanding buildings to bend), as well as transport between them when need be. After dispatching of an evil future Kansas City, Jack went off the grid, fighting crime until he was recruited by Henry Bendix to join Stormwatch. Eventually, Stormwatch would be destroyed and some members of Stormwatch would eventually form The Authority, one of the various super teams in the Wildstorm universe. Jack would eventually rise to lead the Authority, taking them through other adventures, even taking over the USA as well as dealing with the end of the earth after Wildstorms Armageddon event.

After Flashpoint, we would see Jack as a member of the Stormwatch team once again. Alongside Stormwatch, he would deal with various threats to the Earth, facing threats such as Red Lanterns to name a few. Unfortunately, Jack hasn't had a prevalent role in the main DC universe as of yet. Jack is also set to appear in The Wild Storm currently being written by Warren Ellis. In fact, we may have gotten a hint as to Jack's existence in the series. Spoilers are below, for those who haven't caught up yet:

The Wild Storm issue 10

Recommended Reading

• Stormwatch vol 1 issue 37-50
  • Stormwatch vol 2 issues 7-11
  • The Authority vol 1 issues 1-29
  • Secret History of the Authority: Hawksmoor issues 1-6
  • Jenny Sparks: The Secret History of The Authority issue 3

CaVs of the Week

Gamera vs Rodan

A battle between Kaijus as Gamera represented by @ig-88 takes on Rodan being represented by @sirfizzwhizz. Everyone knows Godzilla and what he is capable off, but he is far from the only giant monster from Japan. There are quite a few powerful kaijus two of whom are being showcased here. So if you are interested in Giant mosnters duking it out this cav is one for you to check out

Machine Man vs Yokai and Hiro/Baymax

Machine Man from Marvel comic s takes on a duo of Yokai and Baymax from Big Hero 6. With the former being represented by @king_hellstorm while the latter is being debated by @banthabot. Two relatively unknown characters that you don't see on the battle forums. Machine Man being a fairly old Marvel super hero who has some appearances in recent marvel comics while Yokai and Hiro are the two major characters from the recent Big Hero 6.

Saitama vs Ironman

A Manga vs Comic cav, with Iron Man taking One Punch man, the former being debated by @darthjhawk and the latter by @thewatcherking. Saitama is easily the most powerful hero(Untill we see Blast) and so far he has been able to take out all of his opponents with relative ease. But Tony Stark is lot different from the monsters Saitama faces so he could prove quite the challenge for the Caped baldy.

Nicol Bolas vs Magik

Magik represented by @jardinain2 takes on Nicol Bolas who is being represented by @banthabot for his second cav this week. Now most people are familiar with Magik but I for one have never heard of Nicol Bolas and I'm sure many of you reading this haven't either. So here is an opportunity to learn about a character from Plane walkers and what he can do.

Tourneys of the week

Street Level Marksman tourney

A street level tourney by @gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps. This a tourney involving marksman. Sign ups are still oepn so go join now if interested

Votes Required

Battle threads of the Week

Unfortunately, we couldn't find any interesting battles for this week's issue.

Respect Thread of the Week: Hit (Dragon Ball Super)

This time we included a Dragon Ball Super Respect Thread, posted by a member of the Daily Debater crew and a very knowledgeable DBZ debater, @emperorthanos. A collection of feats preformed by one and only Hit, the 1.000+ year old assassin and the strongest fighter of the Universe 6. The thread was posted a year ago, but it has been updated multiple times so there are more things to be seen. Hit's recent fight against Dyspo has been added eight days ago.

Humans of the Battle Forum

@giliad_ :

- Tell us a bit of who you are outside of CV. Who is Giliad exactly?

I'm 19, live in Liverpool, UK but I'll soon be moving again. Hobbies include; playing and watching sports - anything that I can get overly enraged and overly competitive I love but I especially enjoy playing Rugby and watching Football - obviously I support Liverpool, Video games and excessive drinking.

Long story short; I'm an irresponsible young lad taking full advantage of the fact that I have zero responsibilities. I actually recently moved back home to stay with a friend and work for the next couple of months before we go backpacking around the States so I do have some future plans. Besides that I'm just focusing on trying to live day in day out; working (I work in Subway by the way) and hanging with my friends and enjoying it while I can before I start University next year. I'm going to be studying Physics at Leeds.

You know what I'm sorry to disappoint but I don't really know. If I had to take a guess I'd say childhood video games were a likely catalyst. Halo 3 was an especially significant to me and it's also why love the Halo series. Really I just feel that I've grown up around a lot of similar pop-culture media that naturally progressed onto comic books. That's round about when I started on CV too. I'd come across the site a few times looking at battles but it took me a while to make an account. Once I did I became very active on the Battle's boards though. Lots of debates and the like, I really took to it. Unfortunately my love for comics and particularly debating has significantly fallen since then but I still hang around Off Topic frequently and it's not like I'm MIA in the battles.

John Constantine is one of my all time favourites. Being a fellow scouser probably goes a long way to why I like him but at the end of the day he's just a lad doing everything he can to keep his head above water. Living in supernatural hell while struggling to keep a life together just like the rest of us. How can you not love a train wreck like that? Besides him Nick Fury, Lucifer and Wolverine are just a few from my selection.

As for artists? Jim Lee's brilliant - always been one of my favourites - but (although I haven't actually read any of his material) from what I have seen Dustin Nguyen's gritty watercolours make for a really unique style. And my choice of writer (and I'm sure you of all people will appreciate this) goes, unquestionably, to Neil Gaiman. Sandman was brilliant and so are his other literary works.

I don't know about reputation but my highlights have to be my debates against @lvenger and @wyldsong. They were my last two proper debates and I feel they were the best representation of my improvements. In both cases (and I had numerous debates with Wyld) I made sure to double down on research for both characters until I felt confident that I could make a statement with full confidence. Since then I have had one or two casual flicks and the biggest mistake I made was formatting. It's important but I feel now that everyone is over-styling their posts. I started trying a Beatboks-esque approach that I found much more comfortable.

You can and will be wrong. Accept it, acknowledge it and amend it.

Credits

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Thank you very much for sharing the interview!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty good.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice fellas! Great to see the Character of the Week section starting up.

Also, I am SOOOOOO fkn hyped for Season 2 of Castlevania!!

@giliad_: Did not know there were any other Scousers on this site - feel like I've met a kindred spirit ha. Nice interview mate!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The recommend reading section for Jack is missing something, it should say "All of them. All Storm Watch, all Authority, all Wildstorm."

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Nice to see the character of the week section start up. I recall a particularly close CAV I did against someone else using Jack Hawksmoor with Iron Man. Cool to see him get the spotlight.