#101 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: Nice job on your Ultron segment! It was definitely a good read.

#102 Posted by shirso (4352 posts) - - Show Bio
#103 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16792 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ultron segment was amazing. I also quite enjoyed @krleavenger's Chaos King RTblog

#104 Edited by KrleAvenger (26071 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Posted by Battle123axe (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

The quality of the issues only continues to climb. This week was loaded too; hats off to everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#106 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan said:

The quality of the issues only continues to climb. This week was loaded too; hats off to everyone.

#107 Posted by APEX_pretador (20894 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by Darthjhawk (5587 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome write up on Ultron for the Character of the Week section. He's seen a lot of the time on the battle boards and @darthjhawk made some excellent recommendations to read about Ultron.

#111 Edited by Darthjhawk (5587 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you @lvenger! Glad you enjoyed it.

#112 Edited by GIliad_ (6654 posts) - - Show Bio

Well f***ing done lads. This is sick stuff. I’m not about as much anymore but it’s great seeing how much this has developed. Keep it up.

#113 Posted by Wyldsong (9754 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16364 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by Owie (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the Daily Debater in a while, great to see the issue and thanks for including our CAV. Can you add me to the tags?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#116 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24633 posts) - - Show Bio
#117 Edited by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad this got pinned, it deserved to.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#118 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17891 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa, when did this get pinned?

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#119 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (17515 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Posted by Chronicplane (9182 posts) - - Show Bio
#121 Posted by APEX_pretador (20894 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

I'm glad this got pinned, it deserved to.

#122 Posted by foxerdes (10253 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#123 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio
#124 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

One of these days I will be featured in this *new goal*

#125 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24633 posts) - - Show Bio

What's that?

#126 Edited by TheVivas (19483 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (24633 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: Wait, TDD never featured CA before?

#128 Edited by TheVivas (19483 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

What's that?

I'm so impressed by this feature/endeavor/article/thread. I would be honored to be a part of this thread in any/way/shape form including (but not limited to): having CaV's featured, being interviewed as one of the Humans of the Battles Forum, and even write one of the Characters of the Week.

I used to be one of the Viners that were part of the panel in the "Rate a Debater' thread if that counts for anything lol.

#130 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: Wait, TDD never featured CA before?

nope. But I was away from the Vine for 1 1/2 years, just really getting back into the swing of things and debating again. After I got into the HOF I dropped off a bit, Life happens lol. This thread came out after my departure I guess. Impressive stuff here, kudos to all.

#131 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24633 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
#133 Posted by deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15 (5093 posts) - - Show Bio
#134 Edited by emperorthanos- (16568 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue #51

No Caption Provided

@anthp2000@lubub55@foxerdes@kotetsu454@deathhero61@solomonthenotsowise@depinhom@thor_parker82@darth_nimrod@acrokat@full123@thekinfing@jumpstart55@sigmazone@revan-@heirtothekingdom@battle123axe@elijah_c_washington@cdiddyman911@unbreakable_fs4@jashro44@morpheus@brucerogers@captain_batman_ftw@caped_baldy@joewell911@kingcrimson@asgardianbrony@thedailybagel@lvenger@jucaslucasa@giliad_@calvinrod@ordinaryalan@monarch_chronicle@llehdevil@valzaan@king_hellstorm@mickey-mouse@sly_141@majinblackheart@jay_z94@cull_obsidian@gearsecond659

Announcements

Our Thread Got Pinned!

As I'm sure many of you have already noticed, our thread got pinned recently. Thank you to everyone who has showed support for the TDD and made it so popular.

Black Panther

No Caption Provided

A little late, but Black Panther is out all over the globe. With a lot of positive reception from Fans and Critics alike. And a new CBM movies menas several new battles with the characters involved. Here are just a few of them

1. MCU Black Panther vs Blade (Wesley Snipes)
  2. Edward elric vs mcu black panther
  3. MCU Black Panther vs MCU Captain America and Winter Soldier
  4. MCU: Erik Killmonger Vs Captain America & Spiderman
  5. MCU Killmonger vs CW Deathstroke

New Member @cosmicallyaware1

The Daily Debater is happy to announce it's newest member @cosmicallyaware1. He will be writing articles for the the Daily Debater so be on the look out for future issues.

Comic book news

Marvel comics to relaunch Doctor Strange with Mark Waid & Jesus Saiz.

For fans of the master of the mystic arts, this should come as some good news, but also give long time readers something to think about. Beginning June 6, Mark Waid (Captain America, Daredevil) takes Stephen Strange in a new direction: Outer Space. For fans of the character, what are your thoughts on this? Where do you want Stranges galactic adventures to go? Discuss away!

Jason Momoa's Crow reboot targeting a 2019 release date

For fans of the 94 cult classic, this should certianly give you something to talk about. Sony has offically confirmed that the series reboot is looking at a release date sometime next year. With Corin Hardy directing, and Jason Momoa playing the lead role, this reboot could be bigger and better then the cult classic was.

Votes Required

Sypro the Dragon vs Percy Jackson

Batman vs Scar

Corporate Wars Finals

Character of the week: Silver Surfer (written by @majinblackheart)

No Caption Provided

The Silver Surfer

• Name: Norrin Radd
  • Created By: Jack Kirby
  • First Appearance: Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #48 (March 1966)
  • Powers: The Power Cosmic grants the Silver Surfer a myriad of abilities, most prominently being his energy manipulation, projection and absorption. The Surfer has no need for food, drink, sleep or oxygen. His surfboard allows him to travel the universe many times faster than light. Other abilities include, but are not limited to; super strength, durability and senses, matter manipulation, telepathy, telekinesis, intangibility and cellular regeneration.

Origin

Even though he grew up in a Utopian society, Norrin Radd longed for escape and adventure. When the world devourer Galactusappeared to consume his world, Norrin offered his service and thus became the Silver Surfer – herald of Galactus. This came at a heavy price and Norrin’s memories and emotion were buried away for centuries. During this time, he led his master to thousands of worlds and ended untold billions of lives.

When he led Galactus to Earth, the Fantastic Four attempted to stop them and the Surfer met Alicia Masters. She was able to stir his emotion once again and he helped the Earthlings turn his master away. For his betrayal, he was banished to Earth for many years where he became an ally to many of Earth’s heroes. He ultimately was freed of Galactus’ barrier to become the sentinel of the spaceways once more!

Recommended Reading

The Silver Surfer Vol. 1 (Lee) – In my opinion this is Lee’s best work. Trapped on Earth, the Surfer analyzes human behavior and civilization as primitive and full of hatred. It’s a fantastic commentary on the flaws of the human race. We see many first meetings with Earth’s heroes as well as establish the evil Mephisto as the Surfer’s greatest rival.

Silver Surfer Vol. 3 (Englehart Run) – The Surfer is back in space and it’s at war! The Second Kree-Skrull War is in full effect and the Surfer and Zenn-La are caught right in the middle of it. Plus, the Elders of the Universe have a plan to kill Galactus!

Annihilation: Silver Surfer (Giffen) – There’s not much better out there than the Annihilation event. And the Surfer’s part of it is excellent. See the Silver Surfer as he was truly meant to be against the enemies of Galactus. Follow this up with Annihilation #1, #6 and Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #2.

Silver Surfer (Pak) – This limited series delves psychologically into the Silver Surfer as well as Norrin Radd. Truly depowered for the first time, the Silver Surfer remembers what it feels like to be a fragile mortal. Great art in this one as well.

Silver Surfer: Requiem (Straczynski) – While non-canon, this is probably the best Silver Surfer comic ever. What I mean to say by that is it’s the best comic ever. Go read it. All of you. If you already have, read it again.

I think that is a good start. Ron Marz did a great and lengthy run in volume 3 as well but because of the length and amount of event crossovers I wasn’t sure what to say about it. Additionally, check out a guilty pleasure with Surfer’s appearances in Nova Vol. 4 #13-15(Abnett/Lanning) to see more of Surfer’s serious side.

Battle threads of the week

Blade vs. Deathstroke

An extremely popular street leveler Deathstroke faces relatively obscured Marvel character. The Daywalker known as Blade. This thread was bumped recently despite the fact that it is 4 years old. Blade is bloodlusted. Both are willing to kill and have standard equipment. The thread is four pages long. You may not expect much from this thread, since not a lot of people care about the character, but surprisingly, there are a lot of interesting arguments supporting Blade. But can he really beat Deathstroke?

Ultimate Thor and Unworthy Thor vs. Grey Hulk and Savage Hulk

A never ending debate between two extremely powerful and popular Marvel characters. We will always see this fight being played out over and over in some way or another. This time it's 2 vs. 2 fight. Ultimate Thor with ultimate Mjolnir and 616 Unworthy Thor vs regular Green/Savage Hulk and Grey Hulk/Joe Fixit. As with all Hulk vs Thor threads, this one is pretty heated, which I assume is what most battle forum fans like. It was posted 4 days ago, yet surprisingly it's only two pages long. Still, a lot of stuff to read, even tho it may be repetitive to some people.

Darkseid vs. Apocalypse and Hulk

Another thread with the Hulk, this time he teams up with Apocalypse, so called strongest X-Men villain, against the big bad of the DC Universe, Darkseid. The highlight of this thread tho is not it's match up or even the arguments, but the pics the OP used for this thread. Not trying to antagonize or piss anyone off, but they are pretty hilarious if you ask me, and most comments are directed towards the pics instead of the match up itself. Regardless, there are still arguments to be seen for both sides.

Old King Thor vs. Superboy Prime

Another Thor thread, this time with one of the more powerful versions of the character, Old King Thor, the ruler of destroyed Asgard from Jason Aaron's run (during his better days). Fighting against the worst character ever one of the strongest versions of Superman ever, Superboy Prime. The obscured character created to help heroes stop Crisis on Infinite Earths, brought back to the DC landscape by Geoff Johns 20 years to celebrate the anniversary of that event that changed DC forever (and for the better). Which turned him into one of the greatest threats to the DC Universe. Superman and Thor were probably the biggest comic vine rivals (and god knows how many times I've said that while posting these), so two way more powerful versions of the facing of seems like a logical idea for a thread. Is it good tho? Find out.

CaVs of the Week

The Other Spider-Man vs Guyver

Spider-man represented by @gothamciti against @ig-88 who is debating for Guyver. This isn't the standard Peter Parker, but instead the version from The "The Other" storyline. On top of that he has his Iron Spider-Suit given to him by Tony Stark. . Guyver is from the manga of the same name. While everyone knows Spidey, his opponent isn't someone people on vine are familiar with. So this CaVs gives you an opportunity to see someone new.

Black Widow and Devil Slayer vs Batwoman and Ninjak

A 2v2 street level CaV between a Marvel duo of Black Widow and Devil Slayer being debated by @owie against Batwoman and Ninjak being represented by @oldkingthanos. a good mix of popular characters and ones you rarely see in cavs. All characters involved are fairly gear heavy with a variety of gadgets on display between the four of them. A battle of skill, physicals and gear, this battle has everything required to make a good fight.

Team One Piece vs Team Dragon Ball

An all manga CaV with a tournament of Power setting. With several of the TOP participants taking on a team of One Piece character. With @deathhero61 repping the former against @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk representing the latter. The One Piece has quite the hill to climb but in the Tournament Of power, power isn't all that is required ironically enough. So this could provide a unique debate.

Gambit vs Iron Fist

An All Marvel Street Level CaV between @_kingoflatveria against @all-father. With the former debating for Gambit against the latter debating for Iron Fist. Two power street levelers in marvel comics. Gambit is often considered amongst the more powerful street level Mutants. But here he is going up against one of Marvel's strongest street levelers. How does gambsit compare against one or marvel's finest? Well read this cav to find out.

All might vs Mereum

An all Shonen Jump cav between the greatest hero of the My Hero Academia Universe against the Strongest character from Hunter X Hunter. With All might being represented by @higherpower: against Mereum by @streak619. Mereum was by far the strongest in the Hunter X Hunter universe only being beaten through poison. However he comes up against All Might, a hero whos physical poweress is arguable greater than anyone Merum has faced. So it's anyone's guess on who comes on top.

Dumbledore vs Randall Flagg

Dumbledore from the Harry Potter Movies Franchise takes on Randal Flagg from the recent Dark Tower Movie. With @empressofdread: representing the former against @sirfizzwhizz debating for the latter. Two powerful magic users duking it out should surely make a for a fun fight.

Credits

#135 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

Noice

#136 Edited by HigherPower (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#137 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (17515 posts) - - Show Bio

Typo under announcement, says Go instead of Got. :p

#138 Posted by Battle123axe (9037 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm honored to join the team's ranks and look forward to producing content for the Vine's enjoyment. Will have first article up and running in next edition!

@tparks: found a way to get some Articles on the Vine bud.

#140 Edited by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: That’s awesome man! I’m stoked for it! I really think you’ll be great at it.

#141 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome

#142 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36840 posts) - - Show Bio

YEah!!!!

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#143 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17891 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I thought CA1 wanted to get interviewed here, didn't think he would join

#144 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18450 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I thought CA1 wanted to get interviewed here, didn't think he would join

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#145 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue

#146 Posted by TheVivas (19483 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda surprised there’s no RT of the week or Humans of the Battle Forums, but great Issue again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
#147 Posted by deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6 (2795 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Posted by emperorthanos- (16568 posts) - - Show Bio

@ig-88: oh did I tag the wrong person. My mistake will fix that later.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
#149 Posted by deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6 (2795 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by GothamCiti (2890 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome issue, thanks for including my latest CaVs.