Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Daily Debater: Issue #3

Important Announcement

Here's how this is going to work:

• If I can get help running this, the Daily Debater will start running weekly.
  • If I can't get help before next Friday, this will be a bi-monthly project.

Ads

Ads!

I now accept ads. First come first serve basis. As said in the important announcement section, this will depend on if I get help.

• If this becomes weekly, PM me at anytime from Wednesday to Thursday.
  • If this is bi-monthly, the same applies but PM every second Wednesday.

In order to not clog the paper, I will accept a maximum of 3 ads. They can be requests for votes, requests for tournies, or anything reasonable.

Help Needed!

I can't do this alone! I intend to one day (hopefully) get this pinned! Help me! There's a lot of great threads out there that need shout-outs and I can't always get to them. Looking for 2-3 more in terms of people, I need active personnel helping me.

Suggestions/Recommendations

Leave any in the comments and/or shoot me a PM! I'm always open to improvement and I'm far from perfect, so please feel free to suggest/recommend anything. It's hard to put me down, so be harsh if you have to!

For next week, I'm also bringing in some more Classic Debates, so definitely suggest some of those.

In need of participants!

Sure, this ad is a little owner-bias (since I'm in the tourney and I wanna argue), but this great tournament by EmperorThanos is indeed in need of some people to sign up. Currently at 14/16, so get going!

Today's Top Threads

Wonder Woman/Flash vs Thor

It's about as heated as it can get with this. A lot of people call it a mismatch, but hey, it hasn't been locked just yet! Started 3 days ago, and has now reached 5 pages. Get off this thread and go! It might get locked soon! It's a battle of Speed vs Brute Strength, and you can be a voice to the winner!

Odin vs Supes, Thanos, Darkseid

It gets even more heated when you involve skyfather and nigh-skyfather-level characters. There are a lot of opinions, some conflicting, and a lot of general banter. When it comes to some of comics' top powerhouses, you know it's time to step up. What do you think? Go!

Rustling Jimmies

No Caption Provided

These are the threads that rustle jimmies with iconic characters over and over again.

Ghost Rider vs Thor

Need I say more? This is another one of those threads that will last throughout the ages of ComicVine history, and it's time to stack up on a true winner. A lot of fans on both sides, a lot of feats on both sides, a lot of arguing on both sides. It's not a flame war just yet, but it's bound to rack up soon. Ah, CV, memories.

DCEU Supes vs MCU Thor

I believe that, in order to remain neutral for this, I'm going to keep this short:

The Man of Steel faces the God of Thunder: Cinematic Edition!

That's all you need to know.

I really shouldn't have to say more...

Semi-Recents

Kaguya vs Kikyō, Soi-Fon, Tifa, Yoruichi, Mirajane, Tsunade, Boa Hancock, Rukia and Sakura

So... Anime girls... This is why I need some help, particularly from anime/manga experts, b/c I dunno how to hype this, but it's getting intense.

Necrons vs Forerunners

Alright all I know is that it's Halo vs Warhammer40K! Leave me alone! I need experts!

MMH runs TP Gauntlet

Powerhouse telepath runs the powerhouse telepath gauntlet! One of everyone's favorite green superheroes is up again with his telepathy hoping to dominate. How far will he make it? You decide!

Threads with promise

No summaries for these. Because of the lack of CaVs (at the time when I was writing this post) and tournaments (that aren't full), I chose this section. They can be old, new or unthought of!

And that does Issue... 3!

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By Vertigo-

@supremegeneration: I have an ongoing tournament running currently. The "King of the street" one

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool to see my thread on here.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

This is so cool. How do we get our battles on here?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is amazing

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

This is so cool. How do we get our battles on here?

I try to list CVs current (about 1-2 days old) most popular threads (i.e 3 days old w/ 200+ posts). Either that or threads with iconic characters, threads that show a lot of promise, and I now also do Ads.

@supremegeneration: No CaVs this issue ?? May I suggest one going pretty well so far ??

While I was writing it up, I used COMMAND+F (CNTRL for PC users) and didn't find a single CaV for 3 pages.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@supremegeneration: ill PM you soon :D

for cavs to list I suggest my cav with emperorthanos of gorr vs beerus. for tourneys I suggest the tourney of the big bads, its full of teambuster to skyfather level characters and jimmies are bound to be rustled as it progresses!

For once I will second something AB said. That CAV would be a suitable addition to the next Daily Debater and a tourney on the teambuster-Skyfather level should be worth advertising.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 emperorthanos-  Moderator
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: would you be interested in signing up in my doubles tourney? Could rep Thor or someone like that

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#174  Edited By Thor-Parker

@emperorthanos: This one is a 6 Way CaV going pretty well so far.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-6-way-battle-legendary-debate-1831678/?page=2

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Daily Debater: Issue #3 Update

We didn't cover any CaVs or tourney's in the last issue. So we decided that a small post covering the cavs and tourneys of the weeks would be good to do right now. From the next issue onwards this will be posted as a part of the main issue.

CaVs to watch

Seven Deadly Sins vs Genryūsai Yamamoto

The Seven Deadly sins take on the Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13, in a CaV between DeathHero and WF_Mxyzptlk that is already several posts in. So far it seems an even battle between two experienced debaters. If you enjoy Bleach or Seven Deadly be sure to read this.

6 way: legendary debate

A huge CaV between the teams that were used in Heirtothekingdom's survival of the fittest tourney. A match between several high tier characters. It's a month old but still going strong and with some of the best debaters around right now participating, it is definitely worth a read.

Beerus vs Gorr

Two major powerhouses go toe to toe. The God of Destruction against the God Butcher. A CaV between Emperorthanos and Asgardianbrony that is still in it's early stages but showing promise. For any Thor or DBZ fans out there, this is worth checking out.

Tourneys

High Tier Doubles

The latest tourney on offer made by Blackestnight. This time you can team up with a fellow viner in a high tier tourney. Pick character around Thanos level, find a partner and start debating.

High tier pick a team tourney 3.0

A third edition of Sirfizzwhizz's pick a team tourney. This time it's run by Emperorthanos. With a pretty big selection of several different high tier teams.

Star Wars 1st Death Star Tournament

A new star wars tourney has just begun. Filled with a variety of characters from the Star Wars universe. If you are a star wars fan, this is something you should definitely check out.

High tier pyp 3.0

Another High Tier pyp by Sirfizzwhizz has just begun with the first round coming to a close soon. Some interesting match ups on offer and are ready for voting.

Battle of the Big Bads

A tourney by Goldchamp. If you like overpowered villains then this tourney is for you. Some of the most powerful villains around are on display from Darkseid to Janemba to Zarathos.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noice

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Vertigo-
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93 said:

@emperorthanos: no mention of my street tier tourney? :(

I don't know why I missed that. I got your New tourney in.

I noticed. Finally got a final team. Gonna be starting tomorrow most likely

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I love this.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Is there any tourney or sign ups going on atm? I would like to join a Tourney.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos: Is there any tourney or sign ups going on atm? I would like to join a Tourney.

Well Blackestnight just he got his final team. So only my pick a team tourney is open ATM.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:

Nice. BTW do you have the link to the signs ups of your king of street tourney? I will put it up there.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93 said:
@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:

Nice. BTW do you have the link to the signs ups of your king of street tourney? I will put it up there.

I actually had to change a number of teams in the tourneey PM.I can add you to the PM so you can get the final roster there, or I can just copy/paste it here. Which do you prefer?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:
@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:

I actually had to change a number of teams in the tourneey PM.I can add you to the PM so you can get the final roster there, or I can just copy/paste it here. Which do you prefer?

No it's fine. I need a link to put in the thread. A pm link is not accessible to everyone.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93 said:
@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:
@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:

No it's fine. I need a link to put in the thread. A pm link is not accessible to everyone.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/king-of-the-street-tournament-full-1838237/

There's the link. But the final team list there isn't accurate. Just a heads up

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Great stuff adding the CAV/tournies, glad SupremeGeneration and EmperorThanos are doing a top notch job.

@higorm We'll have to advertise our CAV once it's done now the Daily Debater is back up and running.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I subscribe?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#189 HigorM  Moderator
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit: Mixed up who repped who in Classic Debate; sorry if re-tagged, I forget how that works.

Daily Debater #4

Who's ready for this issue?!

Ads

Didn't receive any PMs with Ad requests, so I'll leave the two important ones from last time.

Ads!

I now accept ads. First come first serve basis. In order to not clog the paper, I will accept a maximum of 3 ads. They can be requests for votes, requests for tournies, or anything reasonable.

Suggestions/Recommendations

Leave any in the comments and/or shoot me a PM! I'm always open to improvement and I'm far from perfect, so please feel free to suggest/recommend anything. It's hard to put me down, so be harsh if you have to!

Classic Debates

No Caption Provided

CaV: Thanos (Killemall) vs Darkseid (Frozen)

Most likely one of the biggest CaVs of all time, I literally cannot hype this more. Two of the biggest, most iconic villains in their respective universes being represented by 2 of the biggest, most iconic debaters on ComicVine. What more can I possibly SAY? It's still highly debated this CaV is perfect to see what each can do. This transcends regular debating; check it out!

CaVs to Watch For

Jin Mo Ri vs Toriko

A highly debated battle across multiple forums between to major protagonists. Jin Mo Ri is being represented by @just_banter and Toriko being represented by @emperorthanos. The debate is still in it's early stages but with the characters being used and debaters involved it is definitely going to be an interesting debate.

Black Adam vs Count Nefarious

One of DC's biggest powerhouses taking on a relatively unknown Marvel Villain. Howeve,r with Count Nefarious being represented by a veteran like @New_World_Order, @d_aeroflame_zhas quite the task ahead of him. However, despite him being new user, he has opened very strongly, so this sure to be a good one.

Edward Elric vs Toph Beifong

The Full Metal Alchemist takes on the Blind Bandit. With @gothamciti representing the former and @deathhero61 debating for the latter. Two experienced debaters using two very well known characters. This is a must read for any Avatar or Full Metal Alchemists fans out there.

Team Asgard vs DC and DBZ team

A team of Loki, Thor, Beta Ray Bill and Hercules being represented by none other than @asgardianbrony takes on a mix DBZ/DC team of Despero, H'el, Buu and Trunks being represented by @oceanmaster21 in his fisrt CaV in over a year. This one is sure to be legendary, and has promise like most others.

Mike and Jesus vs Hallam and Bonham

Relatively unknown characters are being used here, all from live action. With debater @keenko representing Mike from Breaking Bad and Jesus from The Walking Dead while @morleericks represents Hallam and Bonham from the movie The Hunted.

Nightwing vs Daredevil

Two classic comic book characters in a debate between @krleavenger representing Daredevil and @batman3000representing Nightwing. The debate as already been going on for over month with some strong arguements on both sides and a unique twist - no stealth. This debate will truly show who the most agile in all comics is!

Team OZ vs Team Warlock

A high tier team battle between teams created by @zetsumoto and @lord-parallax. Team OZ includes Zetsumoto's most commonly used characters: Loki and Oz B Rabbit, this time also with Silver Surfer and Darkseid. Parrallax's team includes Superman, Despero, Zoom and Adam Warlock. This debate is sure to get good soon, so be on the lookout!

CV Battles To Get Into:

Saitama vs N52 Supes (Boxing Match)

Powerhouse characters take each other on... in a boxing match! Truly a unique sense of battle and style was brought into this one, and it shows. While not particularly the most popular battle out there, it definitely deserves a go-through... and your opinion!

Thor vs Tech Team

What happens you put a bloodlusted, morals off, going all out nigh-Herald character vs a relatively mixed team of tech components in different tiers? Rage, trolls, and arguments, of course! Made about 3 months ago by thread-making extraordinaire, @mysticmedivh, this one was bumped a while ago and has since ravaged the Vine.

Beta Ray Bill vs Hyperions

Another high-tiered matchup by comic book powerhouses, this one has generated a lot of mixed opinions from Hyperions not being high tier, to they stomp! What do you think? I'd rather stay out of this thread, but hey, knock yourself out.

Hulk vs Team

Another great matchup by another great thread-maker, @depinhom, the Jade Giant is taking on a large assortment of characters in this thrilling battle. Prep makes it even more interesting, with speculation and guesswork on the rise for what a certain, space-based furry alien can think of...

PF Cyclops vs Gauntlet

I dunno what to say... Go check out 2 pages worth of a really high-tiered X-Member taking on some of the biggest names in comics to date. There's a lot of speculation involved here too, given that PF X-Men were never given the chance to showcase their full potential, but still, it's definitely worth a read.

A special thanks from here and forever to @emperorthanos and @krleavenger for jumping on board with this project. Couldn't have gotten through this weeks' Issue without them.

Also, for the Mods, any chance we can get this pinned now that it's active? Even if I fail to post anything, I at least now have a team that can do so for me should I not be active.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhhh snap! I made it on the Daily Debater! I'm famous!

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly are the ads for? Like, what can we submit?

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

What exactly are the ads for? Like, what can we submit?

A request for votes, a request for a CaV, maybe for a tourney. Be creative.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Well since you're are both running this and in our CaV, I would like to suggest our CaV.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

Killemall was repping Thanos and Frozen was repping Darkseid.

It's not opposite day lol.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-percy-jackson-sg-vs-luther-strode-cdm911-1839909/

Our Percy Jackson vs Luther Strode CaV.