i got two in

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#902 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos: No respect threads this past week?

Also can you tag me for updates?

Hmm yeah Sanitrize has been busy. That said if you do make a respect thread tag me there so we can save it for later.

And sure

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: @krleavenger: Will you guys be showcasing character entries still? Cause I want to make a short one for the Darkness.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#904 higherpower  Moderator

@emperorthanos: Well I did make one this past week. I made my Kaguya RT in the blogs 11 days ago and mirrored it in the forums 8 days ago.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/kaguya-otsutsuki-respect-thread-naruto-1887679/

Though it flew under the radar. Many of my other RT's and CaVs get unnoticed too, but I don't wanna be the type of guy who complains about not getting featured lol. Keep up the good work regardless

I didn't know you guys were that busy though, good luck with everything

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#905 anthp2000  Moderator

Ooh, 2 CaVs. I feel popular lmao.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Just tell me when you want it done (I would have finished it but my browser crashed, lol).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Where I'm from Sunday is 4 days from now so I can get done for sure.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

That's an awesome picture of Kyle and Thor, nice find for the Feat vs Feat section.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@lvenger said:

That's an awesome picture of Kyle and Thor, nice find for the Feat vs Feat section.

Yup. That Thor/Kyle pic is epic. I definitely want to use it at some point.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#913  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Issue #34

No Caption Provided

Announcements

New Moderator

The battle forums has just gotten a new Mod Congratulations to @juiceboks

Character of the Week

We have now started a new segment called character of the week. However for this we are taking submissions from you rather us writing the segment ourselves. Just pm us a write on a character you wish to showcase. It will be comic book characters only atleast for now. Thank you to @major_hellstorm for the first submission. Hopefully we get some more.

CaVs of the week

Blade vs Nagisa, Karma, & Karasuma

A comic vs manga cav as Blade takes on a trio from the Assassination Classroom. With @shirso debating for the Marvel Vampire and @valor_175 debating for Karasuma and his two students Nagisa and Karma. This a very unique cav with a set of manga character who are pretty popular but never used in battles against a well known and powerful Marvel Street Tier.

Ken Kaneki vs Shinchi Izumi

An all manga cav between @chronicplane using Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul against @thenewguysnm using Shinichi Izumi from Parasyte. Ken Kaneki has been in many cavs off late and this time we get to see a different user debate with him so we can see a new take on him as he takes on another power manga street leveller.

Midora vs Ohkwang

Midora from the Toriko manga take on Ohkwang from the God of High School Manhwa. With the former being represented by @valor_175 and the latter by @justsomerandomkid. Two extremely powerful characters with a hax abilities. Characters from these two series are often pitted against each other and this another interesting match up between the two series

Spider-man vs Black Panther

The battle between two of Marvel's most power street levelers as @darthjhawk debates for the King of Wakanda against @blackspidey2099 who debates fro Peter Parker. Now Spider-man is largely considered the strongest Street Leveller but T'Challa isn't far behind and with both combatants given prep, this battle may end up being closer than one might initially think.

Scorpion vs Booker Dewitt

A video game cav between Scorpion from Mortal Kombat represented by @major_hellstorm against Booker DeWitt from Bioshock represented by @valor_175 for his third cav this week. Video games character are tricky to debate with and aren't often seen in cavs so this is pretty unique and worth a read.

Mr Incredible vs Drax

Drax the Destroyer takes on Mr Incredible in a cav between @jloneblackheart representing the former against @normanbatesdebating for the latter. This certainly isn't a match up you would normally think off however it definitely looks interesting and one to check out.

Battle threads of the week

Weakest character that can take over the Earth in real life?

One the battle forums we see so many powerful fictional characters. These character would all individually wreck havoc if they existed in real life. This thread by @ultra_supermanking brings up the question on who is the weakest fictional character that would be able to rule over our world in real life. There are so many character who could do it but who is the weakest one. Of course the answers vary differently as there are just so many to choose from.

Your favorite character runs a gauntlet

We all have a favorite character, one we just seem to love because of their stories and not necessarily because of how powerful they are. This gauntlet lets you test your favorite character against a gauntlet to see how far they go. This is a gauntlet with characters in various different tiers. A thread by @shade555

You vs Post Crisis Wonder Woman

Now there isn't a single person one this planet who could take on Wonder Woman regardless of which version. But what if you were randomly given 3 different powers to use against her. Well that's the premise of this thread made by @malikc6, using a random power generator, you are give 3 abilities to face off against Wonder Woman. Now it does all come down to luck, as some powers are useless while others can simply one shot.

Trigon and The Spectre Run a Marvel Gauntlet

Two of DC's most powerful beings run a gauntlet of Marvel's mightiest in a thread made by @xiix. Trigon and Spectre's are two of DC nigh-omnipotent characters and are amongst the most powerful but where do they rank amongst Marvel's cosmic and mystical beings. With the two of them teaming up they are bound to a problem for Marvel strongest, however do they clear or is there someone too powerful for even the duo to handle. What we do know is the universe certainly won't survive long in their battles.

Despero vs the Heralds of Galactus

And old thread by @spartan101 where Despero takes on the Heralds of Galactus. Despero is one of DC's major teambusters who has managed to beat the entire Justice League on multiple occasions. However this time he is going up against several heralds of Galactus some of whom are stronger than the members of the Justice League he faced. Is his telepathy enough to take them all out or is their combined might too much for him to overcome?

Spider-Man runs a high-end feats gauntlet

Spider-man has a lot of high end feats most of which are largely considered outliers. However how strong if we didn't dismiss those feats and use them to debate. That's what this thread by @webinyoureye11 is about. Spider-man with all his high end and outlier feats runs a gauntlet of character that may not have been able to taken on any other occasion. However some say he doesn't even need those feats to win so you never know.

Trigon vs Death

A second thread this week involving Trigon. This time he faces of against Death from Marvel in a thread made by @wyrm. Another battle with two extremely power beings from Marvel and DC. It will certainly be interesting which of these two would come out on top in a battle and here is your chance to debate it.

Character of the week

Finally, the first Daily Debater's Character of the week post is ready. It is written by @major_hellstorm, about a comic book character know as Darkness.

No Caption Provided

The Darkness

The Darkness is the oldest entity in the Top Cow universe and is one of the 13 artifacts. It used to be wielded by Jackie Estacado, an ex-hitman who is a snarky, smart, party boy with a bad side and a moral code. The story revolves around Jackie's being the weilder of the Darkness and how he uses it, the story is a little long being 100+ issues but it is really cool (he has fought the Hulk, Superman, Wolverine, has a crossover with Batman and many others).

Powers:

The Darkness is pretty straight forward, it grants the user control of the darkness and this can be used to create guns, weapons, swords, tendrils, armor, acid and wings but Jackie is more creative than that he can also us it to create minions, airplanes armies, fire breathing dragons.....all at the same time.

And yes, it can be used to create giant kaiju as well.

No Caption Provided

And Jackie can manipulate the darkness anywhere it exists even inside a person

No Caption Provided

So yeah he can use the darkness to make anything he wants basically. He can also use it to teleport, enhance his stats, regenerate etc. but we have seen those things before.

If You Are Interested:

Check out these awesome stuff if you are interested and want more information on Jackie.

Also his comics of course. His story is much more linear than DC or Marvel stories so following them is easy but you can ask me for help if you want to.

Humans of The Battle Forum

God_Spawn

• Tell us a bit about yourself

I'm 25. I'm a sports and strength coach, and I'm a die hard wrestling fan.

• What got you into comics

My dad and aunt got me into comics. My aunt because my first comic toy I ever had was a Spawn toy. He was all burnt and demonic looking. Perfect toy to get a 3-4 year old, right? My dad was probably the biggest influence with it because he made me watch a lot of the old classic animated shows, He-Man, Thundercats, and would always watch the animated Marvel and DC shows, so X-Men, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Superman, and of course Batman. So I grew up with a lot of that and it just kind of stuck.

• What go you into this site

I was a lurker for awhile. I was always fascinated by the battle forum concept and really liked researching characters and all of that jazz. I'm a Rolodex of useless information. Eventually I was like, "you know what? I'll join up." and I did back in 2010. I grew watching users like Morph, Zoom, Vance, and Erik as my unofficial teachers too from whose posts I liked reading the most. Ever since then this is my site. It's a love/hate relationship with the site, but it's my home.

• Who are your favorite comic book characters and why

My top 3 are all X-Men actually. Wolverine was favorite growing up, and so was Spawn. My favorite comic show growing up was X-Men Evolution, so I love the muties the most. As I got older though I grew out of Wolverine a bit and my tops became Cyclops and Emma Frost because I really liked how they fed off each other and grew as characters. There was a perfect symbiotic relationship there and I thank Joss Whedon for it. My favorite run of all time. To throw out some other names, Red Hood because I related to Jason Todd on a personal level in my angsty teen years. Bane is my favorite villain. I think he's a badass and is just an all around cool villain and that dedication to growing and learning and being capable of matching Bruce Wayne or coming off that way for a villain was something I grew too. But my fave DC character is Superman. I'm white bread about that. Outside of the big Luther Strode has been one of my favorite trilogies and Aphrodite IX.

• Any advice for people on the site?

Don't be afraid to ask questions. None of us know everything about every character. I think the biggest period of growth for me in my early days was I asked a lot of questions, even if I thought I was right. I knew there were people that knew stuff I didn't, and I took time to research what they said. Know your stuff but be hungry about learning more.

Respect Thread of the Week

Roland Deschain (Dark Tower) Respect Thread

Written by @sirfizzwhizz this respect thread does justice to a character that while many have probably heard of (what with Roland getting his own movie), but don't know a whole lot about. If you're looking to understand more about the upcoming movie, or just want to learn about a marksmen, who's not exactly mainstream, then this is a good thread to check out. This thread gives some great example, from both the novels by Steven King, as well as the official tie in comics, for those of us who prefer visual evidence. Reading through this thread makes Roland come across as just an all around awesome marksmen, easily comparable to some of the best in mainstream comics. Whether you're a fan of King's work, looking to find out more about the star of the upcoming movie, or just looking for an awesome character to check out, you can't go wrong with Roland Deschain.

Feat vs Feat

No Caption Provided

Previous Feat vs Feat threads focused on street tier characters, mid tier characters, high tier characters, herald tier characters, hell, even Teambusters. However, we never actually focused on characters who have the ability to control reality, reduce powerhouses to ash with the wave of their hand, casually preform feats that are nothing short of God-Like and all that kind of stuff. Now we are doing that. We will compare feats preformed by the greatest threat the Fantastic Four has ever faced, Marquis of Death, the only mutant in his own Universe with the power to warp reality and the Infinity Gems, collected by Thanos to destroy all of creation. Yes, Thanos has already been used in Feat vs Feat threads, but we are not comparing Marquis to Thanos, but Infinity Gems. Thanos just used the Infinity Gems in instance we are about to mention.

Credits

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel that atleast one of my star wars thread should made it.

Good issue regardless.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WHOOOOOOOO Roland made the issue. That was pleasantly surprising for me. I know some think the movie will be dumb, I cannot wait however.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay, my CaV is finally in here! And so is the Darkness thing.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#917  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#918 anthp2000  Moderator

Yay, my CaV is finally in here! And so is the Darkness thing.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordParallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#920  Edited By LordParallax

Looks awesome as always.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#922 higherpower  Moderator

Looks great!

Patience is a virtue, hopefully something I do will eventually get recognized

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#924  Edited By Khael

These are long ass debates, I like to the point debates more tbh. But I appreciate the hard work.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new god is born...

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Issue #35

No Caption Provided

Announcements

Ant-Man and Wasp Trailer is out!

Yes, another MCU movie trailer came out. Sequel to a 2015 Ant-Man movie titled "Ant-Man and Wasp". Just as we thought that the hype couldn't be any bigger.

Loading Video...

Feat vs Feat Suggestion Thread

No Caption Provided

Have your own ideas? Want to compare some feats you personally like? Feel free to share it with us in new Feat vs Feat Suggestion thread. Link is in the title and everything is explained in the OP.

Votes Required

Make sure to PM us if you want your CaVs to be posted on this section. Otherwise they won't be added.

CaVs of the Week

Kakuzu, Zabuza, Black Panther vs Undertaker, Kishou Arima, Vergo

A team cav between high street/low mid tier characters in a cav between @darthjhawk and @valor_175. There are quite a few characters involved mostly manga with one Marvel character as well. With one team being made up of Black panther alongside the Naruto duo of Zabuza and Kakazu against Vergo, Undertaker, Kishou Arima. There isn't much I could really say except that these two have debated in the past and it has alway been a great read.

Spiderman and Black Panther vs Morbius, WBN, Scarecrow, Blackout

An all marvel cav between @jashro44 and @sirfizzwhizz. With the former representing a duo of Spiderman and Black Panther against the latters team of Morbius, Werewolf by midnight, Scarecrow and Blackout. An cav between marvel cahracters with the two biggest names on comcivine involved. This is most certainly going to be a great cav and one worth reading.

Madara Uchiha vs Iron Man

A Comic vs Manga Cav with @krleavenger debating for Tony Stark against @darthjhawk debating for Madara Uchiha. A battle between the two major low high tier in their respective mediums. These are two character that have been seen across battle forums and have been pitted before. We all know what they can do and now it's time to see which of the two is superior.

Wonder Woman VS. Green Lantern

This is one of those old threads that was recently bumped and it is active again. Currently it's 3 pages long. However, not a lot of arguments have been made since this thread was bumped, which is funny because we have two of the most popular DC characters/powerhouses who are also members of the Justice League. Unfortunately, the OP never mentioned what Green Lantern Diana is fighting against.

Thor and Kyle Rayner run the Duo Gauntlet

@lord-parallax created this thread four days ago. Unfortunately it is only 36 pages long, so I'm breaking the rules again by putting it here. However, I still had to put it because of that awesome Thor/Kyle Rayner pic. Besides, it's cool seeing Kyle Rayner and Thor teaming up against "duos" of Marvel's and DC's strongest powerhouses.

Trigon and The Spectre Run a Marvel Gauntlet

Yet another gauntlet this week, Marvel Cosmic Beings gauntlet to be exact. Demon Trigon and embodiment of vengeance the Spectre have to clear this gauntlet. Can they do it? Can they at least come close to clearing it? Probably not since this is so out of order. The thread still contains some interesting arguments and info (which is appreciated in threads full of characters nobody actually argues for) and it is 5 pages long.

Infinity Gauntlet Thanos vs Team

Have you seen that Infinity War trailer? You did? Good. Are you hyped? Gooood. Now, let's see some arguments for all powerful and Omnipotent Infinity Gems used by the Mad Titan Thanos. Can he defeat the Team of strongest Abstract level beings? Probably. But Lucifer is here, and honestly, this is just yet another Lucifer vs Infinity Gauntlet thread. But I'm still gonna put it here because of Infinity War hype. The thread was created by @werkudoro four days ago, and the thread is already, well four pages long.

Your favorite character and their nemesis team up for a gauntlet

Last gauntlet and last battle thread this week. This is actually a thread @zetsumoto created 11 months ago. It's about your favorite character and their shadow (like evil version of them) and/or their arch enemy team up to run another duo gauntlet. Rules are the following... If those characters you want to use happen to be a part of the gauntlet, just pretend they are not there and say where your team stops/clears. Your duo has 1 day of prep and is fully healed after each round. Opponents have perfect teamwork. Everyone is In Character with limited knowledge on their opponents. Pretty cool thread in my opinion. It is also 6 pages long.

Character of the week

If you want to say something your favorite characters to show how cool they are, write something about them and send it to us and it will be posted on the Daily Debater thread.

Humans of the Battle Forum

Juiceboks

Tell us a bit about yourself

I was born in Irving, Texas but I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale Florida up until I was 6 and then I moved back to Texas where I'm at currently as a 21 year old. I'm currently in the middle of attaining a Bachelor's in Communications with a minor in Pharmaceutical Studies with the intent of becoming a Marketing Manager for a pharmaceutical company. Personally I'm also pursuing a career as a guest speaker for middle and high schools around the DFW area, encouraging them to pursue their interests through whatever avenues they can make available. I'd also speak with them on interracial/cultural topics with the overarching point of promoting racial tolerance and breaking down longstanding cultural barriers.

I'm also starting up a podcast in a similar vein, but through the lens of the comic book medium.

What got you into comics

My older brother is a big Spider-Man fan, and in addition to watching shows like BTAS, Static Shock, X-Men, Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Justice League etc., he would let me borrow his Spider-Man comics so I get more into the character. This started when I was around 4 and by the time I was 10 I had read dozens of Spider-Man issues ranging from the 60's all the way to the early 2000's. In high school online comic book sites started becoming more popular and readily accessible, so I started on that route for things like the Fantastic Four, Avengers and Teen Titans.

What got you into this site

I used to debate with my friends at school all the time about who would win between Superman and Thor or Spider-Man and Static. Eventually I started looking up these matchups on my own time to see what other people thought and I came across Comicvine back in 2012. I lurked on there for about a year just reading what other people wrote until I felt like I knew enough to throw in my two cents.

Who are your favorite comic book characters and why

1. Spider-Man-He was the very first comic book character I really connected with. I found most of the other popular characters like Thor, Hulk, Superman, Batman etc. to be cool in their right but Spider-Man was a person that I really loved reading about. The combination of jokes and how light hearted he was even when facing down all manner of danger was refreshing to me as a kid. It wasn't until I started middle school and became that nerdy kid in class that got picked on all the time that I really started to relate to Peter Parker more (as cliche as that may be). And now that I'm in the middle of college trying to make ends meet, I can better appreciate Peter's struggles through that period of his life.

2. Deadpool- Deadpool has almost never failed to make me laugh or smile in every issue he appears in. Ever since a comicbook collector I knew let me have Deadpool Corps Vol 1 as well as the first 2 volumes of Deadpool's solo series back in 11th grade, I knew I had found my close second. Wade was the first character I had come across with the level of off brand, self-aware comedy riddled with pop culture references that I loved in shows like classic Family Guy, Robot Chicken and the Simpsons. Sometimes you just need to laugh, and Deadpool comics are that source for me.

3. The Thing- This is the most recent favorite but definitely a character I've learned to love very quickly. After going through 98% of the Fantastic Four series and spin-offs, Ben Grimm stood out to me the most as a person. I've always appreciated the monster with a heart of gold characterization and I think Ben has an interesting take on this being that he was transformed into a monster by societal standards and longs for the time as a human as opposed to someone like the Hulk who knows nothing but life as such. While Hulk wants to be accepted as a character not as a threat, Ben wants to be seen as what he actually is instead of what he appears to be. This makes for one of the more interesting dichotomous relationships in comics, and is a big reason why these two are in my top 5. Of course, Ben ranks higher for reasons stated above in addition to his sense of humor and nearly unmatched willpower as an underdog.

4. Wolverine- James has always been my favorite X-Men from watching the original X-Men series, to X-Men Evolution, to playing one of my favorite Gamecube games "X2: Wolverine's Revenge". But it wasn't until I learned how well traveled and skilled he is that I really started to love the character. This was also around the same time that I started seriously debating on Comicvine, and one of the first people I repped a character with was @wolverine008. From watching him debate I learned a lot about Wolverine I didn't know before, and through my own reading I ended up liking him more and more for what most don't really know him for. As a side note..Logan is currently my favorite comic book movie.

5- Hulk- As I already said, I really do appreciate misunderstood goliaths in comics. Hulk was one of the first characters I saw on the big screen, and seeing him throw around tanks and power through bullets was the coolest thing back in 03'. Hulk's a lot like Wolverine in the sense that most people only know him for one or two things, and completely miss the depth of the character. It wasn't until I started backtracking his series'from Planet Hulk that I realized how complex he is, and through people like Acidskull and Ghostravage I learned how powerful he's always been in the comics even outside of his Hulk vs Thing fights(which are by far my favorite ones to read to this day).

Any advice for people on the site?

Don't be afraid to be wrong. I got humbled pretty quickly when I first joined, and I ended up reading and watching others debate more than I actually partook. I learned more that way than I did spouting out my opinions at every possible avenue. Also ask questions if you really want to know something. I guarantee most of the people that have been here for years won't laugh at you for asking something that to them might be basic. Not everyone is as into comics as someone else, and there's no pointing in going out of your way to ruin someone else's experience with a medium we all enjoy to some degree.

Other than that, don't be a jackass. That's just a general life rule. We all have our own lives and problems, and there's no need to bring our personal issues to the forums to the detriment of someone else. We don't have to be friends, but mutual respect is the very least one can expect from another human being. And if you can't do that, then you probably shouldn't be interacting with them at all. For the better of course.

Respect thread of the Week

Ozymandias

A respect thread by @lubub55 for Adrian Alexander Veidt are as he is better know, Ozymandias. I think pretty much all of us on vine has watched the Watchmen movie at some point or the other and are familiar with Ozymandias's capabilities. However this thread encompasses all his feats including those shown in the Watchmen comics.

Credits

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good issue.

Unfortunately it is only36 pages long, so I'm breaking the rules again by putting it here.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are the comments so few this issue?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: lol no worries, your job is big enough anyway,a minor mistake like this doesn't really mean much

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see Juiceboks on the Humans of the Battle Forum section.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Character of the week

I really want somebody to do one of these.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#934 darthjhawk  Moderator

@emperorthanos: Forgot to say this before but thank you for the CAV shoutouts!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Issue #36

No Caption Provided

Announcements

Batman vs Two-Face Trailer came out!

Loading Video...

The new Batman animated movie titled "Batman vs Two-Face" is set to be released on October 17-2017 and it's trailer came out less than a week ago. The movie is directed by Rick Morales and written by Michael Jelenic, James Tucker and few others. Dick Grayson and Harvey Dent are voiced by Burt Ward and William Shatner respectively. This movie is also the last portrayal of Adam West as Batman, who passed away two months ago.

Battle of the week

New battle of the week was posted yesterday. In case you don't know what a battle of the week is, it is a battle forum related thread posted by people who are hosting battles of the week. These threads usually contain two characters that are fighting against each other. Users can share their thoughts on the battle and debate as well. Usually these threads are posted as polls so people can vote for the character they think would win, but because alts "invaded" Captain America vs Batman thread few weeks ago, it will be posted as regular thread and votes will be counted by hosts. Those threads will be locked 7 days after they have been posted and then another thread will be made that will show users the results and quote the best arguments from the thread. This week, we have shooters fighting each other. Roland Deschain vs Deadshot! Make sure to check that out (link is in the title). Also, new battles of the week will be posted on the Daily Debater from now on.

Best Battles in Comics

A while ago there was a battle forum segment called "best battles in comics" that a moderator k4tzm4n used to run back in a day. It was about representing the best battles from recently released comics/issues (caption, context and scans are provided). Then users can share their thoughts about them. Well, that segment is back my friends and jashro44 posted the new thread yesterday (link is in the title you see above). If you read some new issues and you noticed some cool battles/fights, post them on Battle of the Week Suggestion thread and they may be posted on the next "Best Battles in comics" thread.

Note: The Daily Debater is not involved in this segment like it is in "Feat vs Feat" segment.

Votes Required

Make sure to PM us if you want your CaVs to be posted on this section. Otherwise they won't be added.

Feel free to share your own ideas on feats you think we should compare.

Character of the week

If you want to say something your favorite characters to show how cool they are, write something about them and send it to us and it will be posted on the Daily Debater thread.

CaVs of the Week

Jin Mori and 666 Satan vs Larfleeze and Genis Vell

A 2v2 CaV between a duo from the God of High School Manwha against two comic teambusters. With @emperorthanos and @god_vulcan representing Jin Mo Ri and 666 Satan respectively against Larfleeze and Genis-Vell being represented by @shirso and @jardinain2. These are two powerful comic characters against the strongest characters from God of High School. So for those not familiar with the characters here is an opportunity to see them two of Comic's strongest.

Cyborg Superman vs Kratos

Hank Henshaw takes on Kratos from the God of War video games in a cav with @krleavenger representing the former and @asgardianbrony debating for the latter. Kratos has beaten and killed many gods in universe but now he comes up against one Superman's strongest foes. While most do see this as a mismatch, you never what can happen in a dbeate and the outcome might surprise you.

Buu vs Spawn

DBZ characters have often been pitted against Marvel and DC comics character, but how would they deal with an Image comic book character, specifically Spawn. Well you can find out here as @queen_marceline represents a composite Buu against @sirfizzwhizzrepresenting Divine Spawn.

Movie Hulk vs Nam-ek and Faora

Hulk with all his movies feats takes on DCEU Nam-ek and Faora. With the former being represented by @superhero24 and the latter duo being debated by @nightmare5. DCEU Superman had some difficulty facing this powerful duo. So it will surely be interesting to see how Hulk will do especially since he get's feats of all his live action incarnations.

Darth Vader vs Count Dooku

An all star wars cav between @azronger debating for Darth Vader against @wollfmyth209 who is representing Count Dooku. Two of most powerful Sith face off. Anakin did manage to defeat Dooku but would he find the same level of success as Darth Vader. Be sure to give this cav a read to find out.

Hulk vs High Tier Team

This thread was posted 4 days ago. Hulk (Green Scar incarnation) fights against Team of High Tiers. Black Bolt, Gladiator and Wonder Woman (New 52). No wonder that the thread is already 3 pages long. There are two rounds, one where characters are morals on/in-character and another one where everyone is bloodlusted. It seems like Battle Field Removal is allowed, which makes this fight even more interesting. Black Bolt failed to stop the Hulk during World War Hulk. But that was a Skrull with his powers, and he didn't have help from Gladiator and Wonder Woman. Can they take the Hulk down this time?

Black Panther vs Sabretooth

I probably mentioned this already few months ago on some other issue of the Daily Debater. I just can't remember it. But I will say it again. Black Panther vs Wolverine is a pretty popular match-up. Both of them are one of the best fighters of the Marvel Universe, both of them have metal claws, both of them are/were members of the greatest super hero teams and both of them have a dangerous wild animal in their name (LOL). But what if we replace Logan with his arch enemy Victor Creed, who has the same powers as Logan, just different claws? Well he may not be as skilled as Logan but he is faster (although some would argue that Logan is faster than Creed, but it's battle forum so it makes sense for people to argue about it). Although, it's unknown what gear can Black Panther use. And in case you want to know, this thread was dead for 7 years.

Black Panther vs Taskmaster

Another old, recently bumped thread with Black Panther fighting a high street leveler. What a surprise right? But I wanted to put this on the Daily Debater because I really like this match-up. The difference between this fight and the one with Sabretooth is that this time, T'Challa is fighting someone who is superior to him in fighting skills and is pretty versatile when it comes to gear/equipment as well. And they have similar physical stats as well. Will T'Challa's gear give him the win, or will Tony win because of his superior skill? Or those are not the deciding factors in this fight?

Cyclops vs Nightwing

Did I mention that every fight this week contains street levelers only, aside from the first one? Yeah, too bad every other thread with powerhouses this week is full of generic arguments and hostility. Anyway, back to the topic, there won't be another old, recently bumped thread this week after this one (sure, when there is only one left LOL). To give you info on the actual thread, there is none. It's just Summers vs Grayson. Long ranged attacks vs skill and agility. The problem is we are not given any info on the location or character's morals, which can be key factors to the outcome of the fight (when you consider the fact that Dick is good at stealth while Summers has astonishing spiritual awareness). The thread is currently almost 5 pages long and it was bumped two days ago.

Daredevil vs Team Arrow

Well, this thread, I was curious to see what it's gonna turn into. Surprisingly, it's not as nearly as bad as the other Comic vs CW threads I have seen. It's still a Comic vs CW thread tho, so seeing people getting hostile and thread turning into a flame war is not a surprise, especially when there are people who would argue that some of the characters here can solo Daredevil (well, they are actually doing that). And someone will probably argue that Matt can stomp this team by himself. I would rather sit back and enjoy the show. Hopefully I did not make you avoid this thread instead of giving you the reason to check it out. Oh yeah, everyone is bloodlusted and team is composed of Oliver Queen, Laurel Lance, Roy Harper, Slade Wilson and Malcolm Merlyn.

MajorHellstorm

I was asked to do a segement for the Humans of the Battle Forum (which is legit the coolest thing anyone has asked me to do on the Vine) so here it goes:

Comic Vine

You may know me as Major Hellstorm the noob with the most posts, or you may not know me at all.

I was a lurker before I made an account (loved the older debaters here), I was here since 2013-14 but I joined this website as Major Hellstorm 8 months ago because I suddenly wanted to know who would win between Hal Jordan and the Man Thing and after that, I don't know why, but I got hooked on the Vine and 13 weeks later I hit 2,500 posts (and made this blog). Now I can't say that this has been all sunshine and rainbows, sometimes I was a prick and people would get in my nerves and sometimes awesome people would leave the Vine, but for the most part CV has been awesome, some of favorite times that I remember was when EmperorThanos convinced me to do the Injustice Superman vs N52 Superman match against Krle and I was so afraid of losing (I never lost a match before that)....then Krle stomped me 6-0 in one of the longest CaVs I ever did. I remember when I debated against TRV in Hit Girl vs the Hound and TRV said that he really enjoyed the match. I also started my own tournament around that time and made it to the finals of SFW's high street PYP (my tournament failed and I was a non-factor in the finals, but hey it was still awesome). After that I spent more time just posting in different threads and I met a lot of cool people that way (Arkbound, TRV, everyone else everyone I debated with, StaticSpeedster the Cartoon PM guys etc.) some of which would later help me do TCF (which is very behind right now, lol).

And right now I am running this scenario (first time for me) just because I thought that it would be fun (and cause the hax kings killed me in another scenario :P)

So yeah, like I said most of my time here I spent having fun with people and making posts, which is awesome. Even though some of my best matches were losses and some of my ideas fall flat, I still have fun and try to improve every step of the way. I joined this site as a noob but now I am a noob with experience. Lol.

Outside The Vine

Well, my father is from New Zealand and my mother is from Japan. I got into comics at a young age cause my dad would read them with me (mostly Captain Marvel, Flash and the Marvel demons like Daimon) but I only started collecting a few years ago, around a year before I moved here (in the Philippines). My life isn't so interesting, I am probably the typical slacker, watching anime and cartoons, playing video games, reading comics and scrolling through the web all day. Asides from that there isn't a lot to say (but id you have any questions feel free to ask me in a PM or something).

If you read through this, I just want to say thank you for being awesome.

Respect thread of the Week

Despero

Have you ever seen this guy on Battle threads and ask yourself, "who the hell is this guy, what can he do, how powerful is he" and all that kind of stuff. Well, Despero is just another DC Teambuster with Superhuman Strength and a very powerful telepathy. This respect thread (posted by @thetruebarryallen) proves that. The formatting, scans, caption, context, info... anything you can ask for has been provided on this respect thread.

Credits

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, thanks for including my Despero respect thread! I've gotta check and see if he has any new feats since I made that.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#940  Edited By shirso  Online

Humans of the battle forum is a really cool idea, always the first thing I read in any TDD edition.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#943  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@krleavenger: Do we have to request for respect threads to be added up there like CaVs?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice issue

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Oh that's right. I forgot you did battles and he did CaV's.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TTBA's Despero respect thread was really useful when I was debating Despero in the past. Good to see it on here.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#950  Edited By KrleAvenger

Issue #37

No Caption Provided

Announcements

No Caption Provided

The Defenders out and of course that means that our favorite Netflix heroes are going to pitted against various others in the battle forums including the Battle of the Week.

BOTW: CW Team Arrow vs MCU Defenders

Did you watch Defenders? No? Then avoid spoilers and then come back later. If you did watch it then share your thoughts on this new "Battle of the Week" thread (it was posted yesterday and now it is over 150 posts long). Aside from DCEU, CW was MCU's greatest rival on Comic Vine (for some reason) and currently, Green Arrow vs Daredevil match-up is pretty popular (for some reason). And now their TV Show versions team up with other TV super heroes of their respective universes to start something that would be the most epic fight scene in a super hero TV show (which will never happen).

Best Battles in Comics 8/16/17

New "Best Battles in comics" thread has been posted today. If you want to take a look at the coolest battles in recent issues this week, check this thread out. If you read some new issues and you noticed some cool battles/fights, post them on Battle of the Week Suggestion thread and they may be posted on the next "Best Battles in comics" thread.

Votes Required

Feel free to share your own ideas on feats you think we should compare.

Character of the week

CaVs of the week

Power Pack vs The Wizard

An all Marvel cav between the Power Pack represented by @owie against The Wizard represented by @jloneblackheart. A lesser know marvel superhero takes on a powerful Marvel Villains. These are two character rarely seen in battles let alone in a cav so if you want to learn about some less popular Marvel characters here is your chance.

Alice Abernathy vs Kurasuma

A rare Live-action vs manga CaV as Alice from the Resident Evil movie franchise takes on Kurasuma from the Assassination Classroom manga. With the former being debated by @normanbates and the latter by @valor_175. Two powerful street levelers who have faced a different kind of monster. Now they go up against an opponent not to different from them so it should make fro an interesting battle

Bambina vs Guiness

A cav between @kamishini and @emperorthanos debating a battle between two Toriko characters. The former using Bambina while the latter debating for Guinness. The two 8 kings who we have seen battle together but this debate is to see which one would actually win in a fight given their various feats and battles. This should certainly make an interesting match up especailyl for those familiar with the Manga.

Deidara vs Suigetsu

An all Naruto cav this time @thenewguysnm1 using Deidara of the Akatusuki against @valor_175 using Suigetsu from the Taka. An interesting match up between two characters who never actually got to fight or even meet in the manga itself. Deidara was beaten by the leader of the taka, Sasuke, but would that be the case against a weaker member of the group.

Luke Cage vs Wakatsuki Takeshi

616 Luke Cage debated by @normanbates for his second cav this week takes on Wakatsuki Takeshi from Kengan Ashura, who is being represented by @lcienimbus. There isn't too much to say here, I think everyone knows Luke cage and what he is capable off however he is going against an opponent that can potentially match him.

Tourney's of the Week

2017 High Tier PYP

The High tier pyp tourney by @emperorthanos returns for it's fifth edition. Signs ups are already halfway done so if you want go quick.

Anti-Monitor vs Eternity

It's surprising how many people actually like the fight with Abstract tier characters. Here, we have the fight between DC's Anti-Monitor who destroys everything that exists, and Marvel's Eternity, who is the embodiment of everything that exists. The winner is obvious, right? Not really, since this thread is over 140 posts long.

Celestial vs Ultra Powerful Team

Another fight with Abstract level beings. Actually, there is only one abstract level being here, and that is a random unnamed Celestial. The rest is just a team composed of extremely powerful Teambusters and Skyfather level beings. Yeah, there are a lot of fodders/non factors in this team, but there is also a handful of characters who can hold their own, at least against a random Celestial. Can the team beat one Celestial? Well, you won't know unless you read the thread because I'm not gonna name every single character who is gonna fight him.

Batman (Nolan) vs Daredevil (Netflix)

DC vs Marvel/Nolan vs Netflix street level fight. Batman vs Daredevil. People like to argue about this match-up even tho most people agree that Batman takes the majority. What about live action versions? Certainly they are getting their ass kicked way more often than actually kicking ass. But this is a pretty cool match up and isn't one sided like other street level fights we see these days, at least in my personal opinion. With the Defenders coming out and Daredevil being one of the main characters of the show, is there a possibility for Matt to take a solid majority against Bruce? Or even stomp him? Or is still too close to call? Or Batman stomps?

Daredevil (Netflix) vs. Arrow (CW)

I know we have battle of the week with this match up + their teammates, but I think this thread is worth mentioning (or I'm just biased). Both of these Universes are pretty overrated and like I said before, Daredevil and Oliver became rivals on comic vine. We actually had a BOTW with their comic versions few months ago. And the trailer from Arrow Season 6 is out and Defenders came out as well. It's no surprise that people are arguing on this thread. And trust me, there is a lot of argument to read here.

Captain America and Batman vs Black Panther and Taskmaster

You might consider this to be pretty one sided, but I still wanted to add this thread because I want to see what others thing. There are people who would argue for Team 1 (well, there are actually). Everybody's favorite Marvel and DC Street Levelers, Captain America (Pre-Secret Wars) and Batman (New 52) team up to fight Black Panther (Hickman's feats are allowed) and Taskmaster. The thread is five years old and around 80 posts long. It was bumped four days ago.

Iron Fist vs Wolverine vs Black Panther

Another old recently bumped thread full of street levelers fighting each other. This thread was created almost three years ago and since then it was dead and then bumped like 4 times. It was recently bumped yet again, like a week ago, and now it is three pages long (with a lot of deleted comments). Everyone is In Character during round 1. During round 2 everyone is morals off and are going all out. They start 50 feet away from each other. Standard Iron Fist. Pre-Marvel Now Wolverine. Pre-Doom War Black Panther.

Kratos vs Gorgon

I know some Kratos fans will be angry at me for putting this thread here. Truth to be told, Gorgon may be overall weaker than Kratos, but he is capable of beating him, and vice versa. I said that there are a lot of things to consider before deciding who the winner is, and I think most people will agree with me. And it's interesting to see a fight where a character fights someone who is tier/tiers above him but is still capable of winning thanks to his set of abilities. This thread was dead for a long time and it was bumped 5 days ago. Currently it is over 70 posts long. Recent posts can be seen on page two only.

Who can (barely) solo The Worthy?

Who can that be. Who can solo team of Serpent's agents of fear who wield powerful Uru Hammers similar to Mjolnir, possessed by Asgardian spirits and are pretty powerful even without these amps? A high Herald? A Teambuster? A Skyfather? Or Superman who is gonna blitz? Pretty interesting idea. The thread was posted 3 days ago.

ThorThunder98

So I'll give a bit about myself first, I'm 18 years old will be 19 soon, I'm from the UK and live in Birmingham, I'm Indian raised a Sikh but am more Agnostic myself. I will be going into my second year of University studying Psychology, also fun fact I'm an idiot and got two of my exam dates mixed up so had revised the stuff for one exam but opened the exam paper to find out it was in fact not the exam I revised for, though I somehow still passed. Some hobbies and interests of mine apart from comics include stuff like photography, video games and archery. Also knowing about archery makes it funny when I see people spreading false info about tv archers on the battle forums. Also another fun fact I did work experience at Buckingham Palace.

So others who did humans of the battle forums have given interesting stories about themselves, I can't think of anything about myself to say so I'll just talk about how my dad's family originally came to the UK as refugees.

My dad's side of the family used to all live in Uganda though the family is originally from India. They were pretty rich back then, owned a few huge houses and my grandad owned his business. But they were that at the time of Idi Amin the dictator who took over Uganda, which didn't end well for them. If you don't know about him you could go watch the Last King of Scotland that tells the story about him though apparently not that accurately according to my family. Basically he went kinda crazy and was trying to blame someone for the country's problems, and decided to pick all the Asians to blame. The Ugandan army basically took over some of my families houses for themselves and treated them like shit.

At some point he decided to kick all the Asians out of Uganda I'm not sure how long he gave them to leave but from what my family said it wasn't long at all. They basically had to pack up what they could carry and get out, they already had family here in the UK so decided it's where they decided to come. My dad was only 10 at the time he came here they had to leave all their belongings and everything they had and basically start a new life as the one they had built was essentially destroyed. But they did get to the UK and managed to build themselves up again though obviously at the time racism was pretty damn high and a family of turban wearing Indians weren't exactly treated the best. But they managed to build themselves up again which is impressive given my grandma had 8 kids to raise, but now everyone in the family is doing very well for themselves which is pretty impressive given what they've been through.

Anyways that's a bit deep so I'll move onto my time with CV...

My first look into the world of comics came through the Thor film back in 2011 that's what originally got me into all this stuff, I was already interested in mythology and stuff so to see a God wrecking shit on the movie screen was amazing. Since then Thor has been my favourite hero by far. I think I picked up my first Thor comic in 2012 around the time Avengers was released, I'm pretty sure the first comic I read was issue 3 of the JMS run on Thor where he fought Iron Man. From there I began reading more Thor then Avengers and occasionally reading other characters like Iron Man, Cap and Black Panther.

I found CV as many others did searching for random battles on google and CV is the main thing that comes up on that search. I joined 4 years ago making a ridiculous mismatch battle with Metroplex from Transformers G1 against Gipsy Danger from Pacific Rim. I think I made a couple more battles before I stopped using CV and left for a while. I came back and started lurking for a good while about three years ago, I used to just lurk through forums and stuff before about just over 2 years ago I started properly using the site. I started off on the battle forums for a while before moving over to the Thor forums where I resided for a good while rarely venturing out as they were pretty damn active back then and discussing Thor was what I enjoyed most. But the Thor forums eventually started to die down put down to the lack of the real Thor appearing in comics and Jane Fosthor running about with his hammer. I then started to use Gen. Discussion more and started to post on battle forums more mainly in battles with Thor and live action characters. Though I kind of stopped going into Thor battles because they always got too hostile and still do tbh.

The best thing I've got out of comicvine is being able to actually discuss comic related stuff with like minded people as basically none of my friends are as interested in this stuff as I am so I never get the chance to get excited and hyped about stuff with them. I'm grateful for the friends I've made on here if I have to give anyone a shoutout it will be Asgaard who has been my best friend on this site since I started properly using it.

Not sure why I was asked for this I'm not really a notable battle forums user or anything but I gave this story my best shot hope it's somewhat interesting.

Respect thread of the week:

Starbreaker

This weeks Respect Thread is of another JLA Teambuster by @krleavenger. Namely Space Dracula Starbreaker. I never knew all that much about him, but after reading through this, he's quite the powerhouse in my books. Able to make punching bags out of several of DC's big names like Superman and Barry Allen at once, Starbreaker is definitely a quality villain. Formatting is on point, issues are cited, it's just another quality respect thread.

Credits