The Covenant vs Hell

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Exmaster3000

In a situation where the Covenant accidentally opens a portal to Hell and demons pour out, can the covenant defend itself?

The invasion starts at reach but quickly happens on multiple planets.

Round 2) the Covenant must simultaneously fight the UNSC.

Composite feats can be used for both parties!

Covenant
Covenant

VS

Hell
Hell

And to people who don't know, this is Doom vs Halo

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me The demons are the very least a threat to the aliens.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thedailybagel  Moderator

I don’t know much about Doom, but assuming the demons can overwhelm the Covenant ground forces what are they going to do when they just pack up, go to space and glass the planet from above?

Seeing as, yknow, that’s what the Covenant have consistently done when they can’t win on land.

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Exmaster3000

@thedailybagel: The Doom demons can fly and fight in space. However i don't know how capable they are on planetary bombing etc.

Not even The Covenant can keep blowing up planets forever.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if the demons can fight in space, the Covenant navy is pretty damn strong. I'mma have to give this to them because of that, but I can see a case being made for the demons.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thedailybagel  Moderator

@exmaster3000: what are they going to do against ships that have actual shielding, massive artillery and plenty of actual fighters which also have shielding? Regardless, the ‘forever’ comment doesn’t mean much to me, if the Demons can just keep coming forever there isn’t a point in this thread - saying that however I think if the war is basically one side blowing up the other for eternity I think we have an answer as to whether the covenant can defend itself.

This is also assuming they can beat the covernant on land, which in large scale warfare would include Wraiths, Ghosts, Banshees and Scarabs, not just a shit ton of infantry.

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Well i am no expert but i believe, that once the Doom demons are released they are able to make portals, from which they usually storm their targets. And i don't think The Covenant have fought space battles with a force that doesn't need spaceships.

But i tend to agree with you, that they are very much more powerful in space combat.

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom experts needed in the thread

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need a Doom expert. A lot of them have been banned, lol

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Round 1 Might go to the demons in ground combat but air/orbital bombardment go's to the Covenant.

Round 2 I don't see how how the Covenant could fight two forces off simultaneously unless they glassed the planet from the get go.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Covenant glass them if they have to. However, their ground forces should be able to hold their own against the demons. Despite how the games portray the UNSC, they’d most likely be slaughtered in a ground war against a wholly determined Covenant strike force if they didn’t have any Spartans (Blue, Noble, Red, etc) to save them. Unless they have numbers (which in this situation I doubt) or the element of the surprise, they’re not defeating the Covenant forces.

I can definitely see the Covenant beating both of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78
deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exmaster3000 said:

@thedailybagel: The Doom demons can fly and fight in space. However i don't know how capable they are on planetary bombing etc.

Not even The Covenant can keep blowing up planets forever.

Actually they can, because they already have HC which has the biggest fleet guarding it and a decent sized population.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan said:

Round 1 Might go to the demons in ground combat but air/orbital bombardment go's to the Covenant.

Round 2 I don't see how how the Covenant could fight two forces off simultaneously unless they glassed the planet from the get go.

Without plot aside the Covenant steam roll the UNSC, it's been shown by various halo fans that the Covenant was stomping the UNSC without putting much effort into it.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hellionvulcan said:

Without plot aside the Covenant steam roll the UNSC, it's been shown by various halo fans that the Covenant was stomping the UNSC without putting much effort into it.

Still the demons should offer enough support to force the Covenant to glass them instead of engaging and risk losing to sheer numbers on the battlefield.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: Covenant generally only land on a planet due to forerunner tech being on said planet otherwise they have no issue glassing that planet to ash. Also covenant isnt afraid of throwing troops into the meat grinder as well.

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Covenant glass them if they have to. However, their ground forces should be able to hold their own against the demons. Despite how the games portray the UNSC, they’d most likely be slaughtered in a ground war against a wholly determined Covenant strike force if they didn’t have any Spartans (Blue, Noble, Red, etc) to save them. Unless they have numbers (which in this situation I doubt) or the element of the surprise, they’re not defeating the Covenant forces.

I can definitely see the Covenant beating both of them.

How do you feel about the portal tech the demons have? If they manage to open up one inside Covenant vessels, can they storm their ships?

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do somewhat feel that the demons have superiority in ground and cqc.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thedailybagel  Moderator

@exmaster3000: How would they open a portal on a ship? And even if they were to do that, they’d just swarm it with numbers until the Covenant decide to blow that ship apart with a million other ships...

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Exmaster3000

@thedailybagel: Well i am no expert but it seems that once they have access to a certain dimension, they are able to open pathways almost anywhere.

It seems to me that, that's the reason they destroyed Mars, earth and phobos so quicly.

Exmaster3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: U think that the demons are superior to Covenant in ground battles and cqc. And what is your take on this battle?

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: U think that the demons are superior to Covenant in ground battles and cqc. And what is your take on this battle?

Dont know enough about Doom lore to say

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exmaster3000: If they can board the ships, the Covenant might be able to seal off the areas long enough to actually glass the ground forces. However, I know next to nothing about Doom lore so I can’t say for certain.

Barista_Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: Even if demons manage to invade ships through TP. Covenant have no problem destroying their own ships and sacrificing infantry

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Doom expert here.

This fight is a tough one tbh. I think the demons are more ruthless and better in the physical department but the Covenant have a more organized army and are more intelligent.