Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Portrait said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" What can Hush do? "
Hush is a skilled tactician, surgeon, and gunman. He is capable of beating Batman at chess. "
Alright. I wanted to know about his physical capabilities. 

Corinthian, on all threee rounds.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:

" Corinthian FTW!!!! (though I prefer the original Corinthian, I loved Doll's House!) "

I liked the seond one better. Loyalty issues. Even though the first one could have been equally loyal in the beginning. We will never know.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:

" Corinthian FTW!!!! (though I prefer the original Corinthian, I loved Doll's House!) "

I liked the seond one better. Loyalty issues. Even though the first one could have been equally loyal in the beginning. We will never know. "
Well the way I see it, the Corinthian was intended by Dream to be a nightmare and the first one would definitely give me nightmares if he were real, the second incarnation, not so much. He was still cool, but more mellowed out. And actually we see the original Corinthian in his early stages in that scene with Dream and Destruction back before he left the Endless I seem to remember. I have no idea where in the series that was though. "
I do. Brief lives. Issue 44.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:

I liked the seond one better. Loyalty issues. Even though the first one could have been equally loyal in the beginning. We will never know. "
Well the way I see it, the Corinthian was intended by Dream to be a nightmare and the first one would definitely give me nightmares if he were real, the second incarnation, not so much. He was still cool, but more mellowed out. And actually we see the original Corinthian in his early stages in that scene with Dream and Destruction back before he left the Endless I seem to remember. I have no idea where in the series that was though. "
I do. Brief lives. Issue 44. "
yeah, I knew that >__> well actually Brief Lives makes sense, it's pretty much the only arc Destruction appears in "
He appears in the Wake, and during World's End, as well. :P
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:

I do. Brief lives. Issue 44. "
yeah, I knew that >__> well actually Brief Lives makes sense, it's pretty much the only arc Destruction appears in "
He appears in the Wake, and during World's End, as well. :P "
and Fables & Reflections (Sandman Special #1)!!!  haha, I just thought of "Where No Fan Has Gone Before" Fry vs. Melllvar :P "
Are you referring to the song of Orpheus? That is not a story arc. :P
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
Are you referring to the song of Orpheus? That is not a story arc. :P "
glares 

a true fan wouldn't need to ask... 

does the victory dance "
I have not gathered the comics through TPBs, and I have been searching for the Song of Orpheus in the net since forever...I only found it a couple of months ago, and read it entirely out of context from the main material. I guess my mind has not proceesed it yet...

(cries on Aztek's happy dance)
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
Are you referring to the song of Orpheus? That is not a story arc. :P "
glares 

a true fan wouldn't need to ask... 

does the victory dance "
I have not gathered the comics through TPBs, and I have been searching for the Song of Orpheus in the net since forever...I only found it a couple of months ago, and read it entirely out of context from the main material. I guess my mind has not proceesed it yet...

(cries on Aztek's happy dance) "
ah, I see, I didn't even know the comic was in Fables & Reflections when I bought it, so when I was flipping through the comic and saw this Orpheus story I'd never heard of it was like a dream come true...I always loved that myth, but with the Sandman spin it even better! "
I was desperate to get it. Thankfully when I get the chance to re-read Sandman, I'll read it in context. The moment with Orpheus, mutilated calling for his father, for Dream to not even give him a second look is one of Dream's worse moments. Maybe the second worse, behind Nada's imprisonment. Wait..Haven't we talked about this already..?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I was desperate to get it. Thankfully when I get the chance to re-read Sandman, I'll read it in context. The moment with Orpheus, mutilated calling for his father, for Dream to not even give him a second look is one of Dream's worse moments. Maybe the second worse, behind Nada's imprisonment. Wait..Haven't we talked about this already..? "
I think our first conversation about Sandman was whether or not Dream is a hero, but otherwise I don't think we've talked about this particular incident. And I'll admit Dream is a little disappointing there (though I've come to love Dream in all aspects of his personality because the story is all about his transition from the heartless god to the caring one, or at least that's the way I see it.  But yeah, I like the way trades collect specials too, and other assorted comics and basically bundle them in the way that provides the best reading order, occasionally rearranging issues. In fact, in the V for Vendetta volume, two chapters (not issues, but chapters) are taken out of the story and moved to the back as "bonus content" because Alan Moore and Lloyd thought they weren't necessary for the story to be enjoyed properly. "
Yes, you are correct. I remember now. I wouldn't call Dream disappointing. He reacts exactly as I would expect him to, during that certain time frame. "He is not one easy to forget a slight". His son told him he was not his father any more. Morpheus called to him, several times. Orpheus did not listen. It seemed natural (for Dream) to do as he did. It was as if, somehow, by alienating himself from his son, his was alienating himself from the pain caused by his son's fate, as well. It's a well constructed contrast between what we see from him, later on.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Yes, you are correct. I remember now. I wouldn't call Dream disappointing. He reacts exactly as I would expect him to, during that certain time frame. "He is not one easy to forget a slight". His son told him he was not his father any more. Morpheus called to him, several times. Orpheus did not listen. It seemed natural (for Dream) to do as he did. It was as if, somehow, by alienating himself from his son, his was alienating himself from the pain caused by his son's fate, as well. It's a well constructed contrast between what we see from him, later on. "
Okay, disappointing was the wrong word to use in this context, I didn't mean it that way, I meant he was disappointing as in knowing the potential he has for empathy, that at that point in his life it was clear he wasn't living up to that potential, though I guess even Death was once bitter and Delirium once joyful. Even the original Despair appeared to be outside of the realm of Despair herself, which I find a little ironic that the Endless, although eternal are not unchanging.  But the way you put it, with Dream abandoning Orpheus I feel inclined to take Morpheus' side in all this. I mean, Dream's been through a lot of "relationships gone wrong" through the years, from Killala to Nuala so it seems almost his earned right for all the suffering his been through to try and put this one behind him and forget about it permanently. "
I concur with 99.9%.

Even though I would not really count Nuala as relationship.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Yes, you are correct. I remember now. I wouldn't call Dream disappointing. He reacts exactly as I would expect him to, during that certain time frame. "He is not one easy to forget a slight". His son told him he was not his father any more. Morpheus called to him, several times. Orpheus did not listen. It seemed natural (for Dream) to do as he did. It was as if, somehow, by alienating himself from his son, his was alienating himself from the pain caused by his son's fate, as well. It's a well constructed contrast between what we see from him, later on. "
Okay, disappointing was the wrong word to use in this context, I didn't mean it that way, I meant he was disappointing as in knowing the potential he has for empathy, that at that point in his life it was clear he wasn't living up to that potential, though I guess even Death was once bitter and Delirium once joyful. Even the original Despair appeared to be outside of the realm of Despair herself, which I find a little ironic that the Endless, although eternal are not unchanging.  But the way you put it, with Dream abandoning Orpheus I feel inclined to take Morpheus' side in all this. I mean, Dream's been through a lot of "relationships gone wrong" through the years, from Killala to Nuala so it seems almost his earned right for all the suffering his been through to try and put this one behind him and forget about it permanently. "
I concur with 99.9%.

Even though I would not really count Nuala as relationship. "
ha! I actually knew you were going to say that because I was thinking it myself, but I mean she loved him...and I chose her because it was supposed to be from his first love to his last and apart from Death, she is the last person with whom he had any sort of "close bond" he sees (and leaves) "
And I love Ellen Page, but she does not even know I exist...:P

It was worse between Dream and Nuala, since she was in his palace all the time, and at one point Dream could not even remember her name. But I definitely see what you are getting at here, and I like that logic. 

Ah, and he saw Mathew after seeing Nuala...They had a strong bond, as well. (if you do not only include exclusively women in this)
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"And I love Ellen Page, but she does not even know I exist...:P

It was worse between Dream and Nuala, since she was in his palace all the time, and at one point Dream could not even remember her name. But I definitely see what you are getting at here, and I like that logic. 

Ah, and he saw Mathew after seeing Nuala...They had a strong bond, as well. (if you do not only include exclusively women in this)
"
I believe that just makes you a stalker :P  Woot, my logic wins, though I agree it was way worse to be Nuala then Dream in that relationship...that whole issue was so sad :(  And I was just talking about women but yes, Matthew would count too...they seemed to be closest during their last moments together. "
- How can I stalk someone who lives in Canada/US, when I live in Greece? :P

- Yep. Your logic does prevail here. And I agree, unfullfilled/ one-sided love is not an easy one.

- My logic wins, as well.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By MKF30
@glforthewin said:
"i think the corinthian would win. "

I agree btw is that a gerbil or Guini Pig in your avy? lol
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By MKF30

lol, oh wrong guy my fault :P cute little guini pig :) I used to  have a rat, gerbils and mice way back.