#1 Edited by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

With St. Valentine's Day coming up, I felt that nothing sets the mood quite like chocolate and painting the walls with the blood of your enemies. With no further ado, welcome to the Broken Heart Tournament.

No Caption Provided

In general, this will be set up like most mission tournaments, with an objective in addition to defeating the enemy team. Remember this, because the strongest team can lose to a team better suited to the task at hand. This could range from capture the flag, to a heist, or even to slaying monsters in a scenario-like situation. Keep that in mind as you select your teams.

Each team will compose of 1-3 characters, the limits are as such.

Limitations

• Telekinesis is limited to 5 Tons. You can use it on your opponent, but cannot use it to pin them or attack them internally.
  • Telepathy can be used in illusions, mind reading, etc. No mental shutdowns or complete control.
  • 20 Ton Strength Limit (Classic Spiderman)
  • Travel speed is limited to supersonic
  • Reactions- catching bullets is ok, as is dodging them after fired. Think of Wrath (FMA:B) for the reaction limit.
  • No energy projection above Tank busting.
  • Maximum durability is Iron Man (MCU)
  • Healing factor is limited in that if the majority of the body is destroyed, it cannot heal quickly, and no resurrection-like abilities. (Think Deadpool)
  • Summons are allowed, but cannot exceed the limits.

The following abilities are prohibited

• Unavoidable Attacks
  • Telefrag/slice
  • Physical Internal Attacks
  • Reality Warping
  • Duplication
  • Molecule Manipulation
  • Power Mimicry/Absorption/Nullification
  • Clayform
  • Intangibility
  • Temporal Manipulation
  • Perfect Invisibility

Perks

Unlike other mission tournaments, the perks are not purchased, but can only be obtained by meeting the prerequisites.

Undying Love

No Caption Provided

If your character's are actual lovers in their respective story, then for the purposes of all of the matches, they cannot die. They can still be knocked out or incapacitated. Be mindful of this.

Femmes Fatales

No Caption Provided

If all members of your team are female, your team gains full knowledge of the enemy team.

Unrequited Love

No Caption Provided

If all of your teammates have lovers that are not on your team, gain immunity to mental manipulation.

Perfect Date

No Caption Provided

If your characters are from the same universe and are considered allies, 1 member of your team gets 12 hours of prep. The other member may not aid in any way during this time, although they will be aware of what has been done.

Love Triangle

No Caption Provided

You may build a 3 person team, but can only use two of them in each match.

Not on my Ship!

No Caption Provided

If your team all are shipped, but they are not in a relationship, you select where the battlefield will be.

Lady Killers

No Caption Provided

If all members of your team are male, your morals are negated.

Rainbow Magic

No Caption Provided

If all of your team members are representative of the LGBTQ community, then you may negate two enemy perks.

Noble Causes

No Caption Provided

If your team members are all considered good, you may choose to trade the scenario for PVP. This must be done before the debate begins.

Wicked Design

No Caption Provided

If your team members are considered evil, you may select your own groups starting location in the matches.

Forever Alone

No Caption Provided

If you only select one character, you gain access to all of the other perks (except for Love Triangle).

May the best debater win!

For any questions, please tag me

#3 Edited by ValorKnight (11625 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah.

Would Ken Kaneki be applicable here?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#4 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11015 posts) - - Show Bio

So like, high street?

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#5 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Will the Undying Love perk still trigger, if you pick two characters that are kinda sorta lovers, but technically from different stories/universes that just happened to be based/reimaginings of the same source material?

Also, you should have an unrequited love perk.

#6 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11015 posts) - - Show Bio

Zetsu entered thread, I'm out.

/s

#7 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Also, a perk for characters that are heavily shipped but not quite cannon would be cool too.

#8 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

So like, high street?

Yes

Woah.

Early Ken would be. No centipede, etc.

@jacthripper: Will the Undying Love perk still trigger, if you pick two characters that are kinda sorta lovers, but technically from different stories/universes that just happened to be based/reimaginings of the same source material?

Also, you should have an unrequited love perk.

So for example, you pick Ultimate Peter Parker and 616 Black Cat? Yes, that's acceptable.

#9 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper:

So for example, you pick Ultimate Peter Parker and 616 Black Cat? Yes, that's acceptable.

Sort of, but lets say they are from two separate publishers entirely, because the main source material is public domain (like fables, mythology, etc)?

#10 Edited by ValorKnight (11625 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper said:
@valorknight said:

Woah.

Why would his original Kakuja not be acceptable? Its speed is at best high supersonic, and all of its other stats are at or below the levels suggested. I'd be completely okay with using his part one incarnation, though.

#11 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper said:
@valorknight said:

Woah.

Why would his original Kakuja not be acceptable? Its speed is at best high supersonic, and all of its other stats are at or below the levels suggested. I'd be completely okay with using his part one incarnation, though.

I was referring to giant monster Ken, my bad.

#12 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper:

Sort of, but lets say they are from two separate publishers entirely, because the main source material is public domain (like fables, mythology, etc)?

That works fine for me.

#13 Posted by ValorKnight (11625 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight said:
@jacthripper said:
@valorknight said:

Woah.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. In that case, could I get Touka along with Ken?

#14 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11015 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. On the one hand, there's already manga characters and Zetsu in here. On the other hand, I haven't debated for comics in for arfing ever...

#15 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper said:
@valorknight said:
@jacthripper said:
@valorknight said:

Woah.

Yep. Welcome to the Tournament.

#16 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. On the one hand, there's already manga characters and Zetsu in here. On the other hand, I haven't debated for comics in for arfing ever...

DO IT!!! It'll be fun :)

#17 Posted by ValorKnight (11625 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight said:
@jacthripper said:
@valorknight said:
@jacthripper said:
@valorknight said:

Woah.

Yep. Welcome to the Tournament.

Nice.

#18 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Alright, for now I am thinking Oz (PH) and Alice (American Mcgee) with the lovers perk.

No Caption Provided

Oz is restricted to his human form and obviously neither can use any banned hax abilities, so they should be perfectly within limits if Kaneki is.

Also, if you manage to come up with perks for unrequited love or heavily shipped but not cannon couples, do tell me because I might change my picks.

#19 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11015 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no escape from this stupid rabbit...

#20 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: I'd really be more worried about Kaneki man. I'm pretty nervous about going up against him myself.

#21 Posted by ValorKnight (11625 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: I'd really be more worried about Kaneki man. I'm pretty nervous about going up against him myself.

Is that so? I do hope we get matched up, as that'd be a first.

#22 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper:

If your teammates have never even heard of each other, gain immunity to mental manipulation.

Wait, isn't "Unrequited Love" supposed to be when one character likes the other, but the feelings aren't returned? xD

#23 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper:

If your teammates have never even heard of each other, gain immunity to mental manipulation.

Wait, isn't "Unrequited Love" supposed to be when one character likes the other, but the feelings aren't returned? xD

It's too difficult to meet for this tournament. I'll change it though to "If all of your teammates have lovers that are not on your team, gain immunity to mental manipulation."

#24 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11015 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbf, it appears he's restricted. Then again, you also probably don't have the one-shot arfing arfs based on the rules.

This is also mostly scenario based... I guess I could try something... Maybe...

#25 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Really? I thought it was a pretty common trope tbh as are instances where two characters are heavily shipped with each other but never achieve "cannon couple status" in story.

#26 Edited by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Really? I thought it was a pretty common trope tbh as are instances where two characters are heavily shipped with each other but never achieve "cannon couple status" in story.

I'm just trying to figure out a good perk to attach to it.

#28 Posted by ValorKnight (11625 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: Would you both be able to list all of the perks that you two are using? It would really be handy. Thanks!

Sure, no problem. It seems that I qualify for three, but I'll only be using Undying Love and Perfect Date.

#30 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (7826 posts) - - Show Bio

This is quite interesting

#32 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: I think Noble Cause should be (non-pvp scenario), Wicked Design should be (forced PVP), while the Ship perk should control starting location.

#33 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Also the "Unrequited Love" perk should actually be called "Love at First Sight".

#34 Posted by SeaGod (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

What about a perk for exes?

#35 Posted by geekryan (3758 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

Scenarios

To give those interested an idea of what is coming up next. I'm going to post here some of the scenarios that you may encounter.

Date Hunting

Your objective is to hunt down the kidnapped girl and rescue her before the other team! She won't go with a psycho, so make sure you don't kill your enemy in front of her at least.

Tunnel of Love Death

Who will survive the scenario and escape alive? Part dungeon, part PVP

Turn my world Upside-Down

A dangerous game of hide and seek. Evade the horde of Demogorgons and be the last man standing.

Cage Fight

Send one of your fighters in at a time to a bare knuckles brawl in the Octagon, may the best man win!

#37 Posted by geekryan (3758 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: If I choose a DC character, are all Pre-52/New-52/Rebirth feats included?

#38 Posted by TourneyMaster (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: I tried in the past to make a Lovers like tourney before, and failed every time. This however looks real good. Congrats.

I like to use Angel and Buffy at the moment. I will work out perks applied to them soon enough. May change teams though.

#39 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

@jacthripper: If I choose a DC character, are all Pre-52/New-52/Rebirth feats included?

As long as it's consistent for the character. ie; Nightwing. It wouldn't be the same case for Deathstroke since he gained quite a bit of power in the New 52 as well as different gear.

#40 Edited by TourneyMaster (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: I see Zets picked Oz. Everytime he picks Oz in past Tourneys, including my own, shit got outs hand.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/high-tier-doubles-tourney-r1-zetsumoto-lokioz-vs-i-1784225/

So Zets is using a character who competes in Hulk/Loki tier tourneys fine here? Really? This is one of his posts from my Halloween tourney.

Oz typically enhances them with his destructive powers allowing him to cut through absolutely anything; including the fabric of space and multiversal entities:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

but without that they can still smash through stone and cause small shockwaves, and that's while just messing around:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

In the anime, Alice who had Oz's powers for a while; was even able to use the chains to hold down a mountain sized Jabberwocky:

Soooo.... Oz can beat Multiverse beings and cut fabric of space 0_0 pin mountain size monsters 0-0 wth? I love to play, but want Zets, who has a bad rep in tourneys watched closely to follow rules.

Zetsu entered thread, I'm out.

/s

There is a reason for this comment. I kinda agree. I dont see a point playing within rules when his characters will one shot or easy pawn since they fight mountain size monsters and destroy space fabric or multiverse beings :/

#41 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist Because I've received multiple complaints, I'll have to ask that you select a different team. Is that ok?

#42 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: @supremegeneration's complaints are more him meming/joking than anything.

As for everything brought up by Tourneymaster, he's completely ignoring the rules of your tourney and how they effect the character. Oz's destruction powers fall under molecular manipulation, and without that he's basically just a street leveler. Chaining the giant Jabberwocky in the anime was done in the rabbit form, and is not a strength feat he's capable of while restricted to a human body.

The funny thing is that in the tournament he brought up, he explicitly allowed molecular manipulation (albeit restricted so that it couldn't be used directly on enemies only their weapons) and even had a perk that would cancel said ability entirely. It baffles me how much he complains about my use of Oz in that tournament, when he himself was using a character capable of doing roughly the same thing but with the wave of his hand. At least mine actually had to physically touch objects to destroy them. ----- All of this is irrelevant, since once again, your tourney doesn't even allow the usage of the power in the first place.

The mountain feat he brought up was me just arguing the durability of the chains.

#43 Edited by geekryan (3758 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: I see. I'll look through the respect thread and get back to you. Could you PM me which part are restricted for this?

#45 Edited by TourneyMaster (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist said:

@jacthripper: @supremegeneration's complaints are more him meming/joking than anything.

As for everything brought up by Tourneymaster, he's completely ignoring the rules of your tourney and how they effect the character. Oz's destruction powers fall under molecular manipulation, and without that he's basically just a street leveler. Chaining the giant Jabberwocky in the anime was done in the rabbit form, and is not a strength feat he's capable of while restricted to a human body.

Im not ignoring rules, I just dont see why you be allowed a nerf superman to play a tourney. I mean, I can pick superman and ignore the stats or power to fit the tourney. Thats ok to you?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ghost-rider-vs-oz-vessalius-1850625/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/616-strange-vs-oz-vessalius-1850286/

Oz can fight Strange and Ghost Rider in your opinion, but fair for this level of tourney? I just dont see why you cannot find characters who simply fit the rules and not need restrictions on powers. Thats all.

I leave it to Jack to make the call. he allows, fine. I will pass this tourney up. All good. Not my tourney to run. I just bringing up concerns that are valid and have came up in past.

#46 Posted by Jacthripper (14672 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@tourneymaster:

just dont see why you be allowed a nerf superman to play a tourney

Because he's capable of operating without those abilities while still retaining his style of character. You're trying to make it out as superman being nerfed into a street leveler when it's really more like Martian Manhunter in a tourney where telepathy is banned.

Or Kaneki without his dragon form, which is another restriction that has already been allowed.

#48 Posted by TourneyMaster (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist:kaneki without dragon form makes sense. Its a whole different character and set of stats and powers. Your using a character, ignoring abilities they naturally have in that form to fit. Different, but Im also pickier than most in Tourney semantics. Its whatever.

@jacthripper: congrats on the good looking tourney. One I failed to get working right. Hope it works out for ya. I am not going to play anymore though. So take me off the roster.

#49 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31126 posts) - - Show Bio

@tourneymaster: Yea, and Oz without his rabbit form is essentially a whole different character with a completely different set of stats and abilities. While his destruction hax is a big part of his character thematically speaking, it's not something he constantly uses, nor is it an essential part of his fight style. Again, it's like taking Martian Manhunter and using him in a no telepathy tourney.

#50 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (7826 posts) - - Show Bio

reserve