Fight to the death

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maeve has nothing to compare to Homelander, while Soldier Boy can keep up with him.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6 said:

Maeve has nothing to compare to Homelander, while Soldier Boy can keep up with him.

To be fair, she did make him bleed and withstood a good deal of his strikes. I'd still give the edge to Soldier Boy though.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Noir soloed Maeve

Soldier Boy soloed Black Noir

Maeve is terrified of Homelander

Homelander is terrified of Soldier Boy

do the math

Avatar image for deactivated-634afdc6135b4
deactivated-634afdc6135b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scaling here is too complex to be mentally understood. Soldier Boy should win, though.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GangOrca
@sirdragonfly said:

Black Noir soloed Maeve

There's no proof of that and this latest episode highly implies otherwise.

Not really a point when they were scared for different reasons.

do the math

We've already seen their respective fights with Homelander so you really don't need this logic. With that said, Solider Boy should take this, pretty sure only Homelander is hyped as his superior.

Subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maeve was cleaning his clock and outright bullying him in certain portions of their fight.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that Homelander didn't get a PTSD from Maeve speaks for itself.

KaiSmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soldier Boy solos

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SB pretty easily.

What Maeve did to Homelander is nothing SB or Butcher couldn't do in the same situation ( holding back ). But SB has far better durability and a instant kill weapon ( well, it should be... how exactly did Maeve survive again? lol )

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soldier boy in a good fight.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By last0fth3risen

Soldier Boy still wins. Homelander was holding back against her. But the fact that she made him bleed really elevates her to the big leagues.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maeve wins. Soldier boy was getting choked out by Homelander before Butch interrupted. And all of his blows, only gave HL a bruise. Maeve actually made him bleed, fought him for ages, wasn't affected by his laser vision, and she gave as good as she got. He blinded her in one eye, she deafened him in one ear.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soldier Boy still wins. Homelander was holding back against her. But the fact that she made him bleed really elevates her to the big leagues.

Pretty much this ^ she's probably top 5 now

Hawkman25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off since when was Mave implied to be that strong. She did more damage to Homelander than Butcher, Hugie and SB. TBH the trio of Maeve Butcher and Hugie could've taken HL out. SB takes out Ryan and they would've won.

Hawkman25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Noir soloed Maeve

do the math

He surprised her like she did to him putting that candy in his mouth.

Ajak_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think Maeve wins and I do t think homelander went all out on her. She is stronger than I thought tho.

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don’t know why you guys keep assuming Homelander was holding back. As soon he shedded blood he very clearly stopped holding back.

Literally forces his hand through her eye socket and lasers her. Which are things he does when going for the kill.

Are people forgetting that Maeve survived what made Soldier Boy remotely even a threat. Despite losing her powers that’s pretty much all that explosion did to her besides a few bruises. Maeve didn’t know her own strength and underestimated herself. Not to mention you guys are forgetting literally a couple of episodes ago she said she had been training for months and even stopped drinking preparing herself for a fight with Homelander.

If anything Maeve fought a more bloodlusted Homelander than the Trio(Hughie,Butcher,Soldier Boy) considering everything he been through up until that point.

I’d give Maeve the win hard diff. She’s arguably as strong & durable and she hits harder.

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdragonfly: It’s still feels weird to say Black Noir would solo her. We don’t how that played out, cause even if she did fight back she would just be tagged team and who’s to say it didn’t happen? Just saying… It happened off screen.

We do know she’s not afraid of Noir and I’d argue in a straight up fight she would beat Noir 9 times out 10.

Starbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Soldier Boy beats her to be honest.

He’s confirmed as being the 2nd most powerful Supe to have ever lived next to Homelander, while Maeve was only the 2nd “strongest” in the context of the Seven.

She was easily taken down and captured by Noir. Meanwhile, Soldier Boy was able to overpower the entire Payback team, including Noir.

Maeve’s fight against Homelander only went as well as it did because Homelander was holding back for the vast majority of it. Meanwhile, Soldier Boy was weakened during his fight against Homelander after unleashing his nuclear blast and going unconscious not long before.

The fact that Soldier Boy was able to take on Butcher (with his Homelander Lite powers), The Female, Starlight etc. all at once, while tanking a direct laser-blast to the face, just shows how deadly he is at full power.

All that without even factoring in his chest-blasts, which we know can range from giant beams to full-on nuclear explosions.

X-Lord16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homealnder straight up says SB was the only one nearly as strong as him. (That would include Maeve as well) It's pretty evident that while they may be relative in the physical departement , SB's blast gives him a significant advantage over Maeve.

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbreaker: How powerful you are means nothing evident seeing how Maeve just fought the most powerful Supe above SB himself.

Once again an offscreen showing and we don’t the exact details of how it happened. But it was off guard for a reason.

It’s an assumption to assume Homelander was holding back after shedding his own blood. It’s clear his morals were off once he used his lasers and jabbed her eyesocket.

The same building lvl blast Maeve literally walked away from. If he had Nuke capabilities that city would have been gone but instead only the Vought Tower was at risk of being destroyed.

Homelander>Butcher The fact Butcher even put up fight is all the more reason to suggest Maeve could do it & probably just as well. Not to mention she is skilled. Maeve survived a laser attack from Homelander himself. By feats Homelanders lasers have better feats.

Yes the chest beams that literally takes 60 seconds if not longer to release. The same one Maeve reacted to even after he was charging it up. In a straight up fight he won’t get a chance to use that blast. He couldn’t even do it with Homelander. It’s too unreliable

Maeve wins hard diff!

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-lord16: His blast is Advantage but also a weakness that leaves him open. It takes too long to build up, he wouldn’t have time to use it against an opponent like her.

X-Lord16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By X-Lord16
@shehulk528 said:

@x-lord16: His blast is Advantage but also a weakness that leaves him open. It takes too long to build up, he wouldn’t have time to use it against an opponent like her.

Considering he's durable enough to survive attacks from her , all he has to do is charge up and blast her while also surviving her attacks. It is an advantage , one that Maeve can't counter in any meaningful way.

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-lord16: Durable and being able to just no sell are two different things. He’s durable but there’s no way he’s no selling attacks from Maeve while he just charges up. Not to mention she hits harder than him

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whole season finale was a shit show. The amount of plot armor Maeve had was ridiculous. Able to hurt Homelander suddenly when before there was nothing she could do. Piercing his ear drum with a makeshift shiv. When we know supes have ridiculous internal durability, and that Homelander is immune to conventional weapons.

On top of that she survives a direct blast from Soldier Boy, that should have depowered her, and falling out of the Vought Tower. After being grievously wounded.

Her jobber aura was next gen, and everybody and their grandmother jobbed to make her look good.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By somayareece

It was always implied Maeve was second strongest to Homelander (excluding Soldier Boy) throughout the whole series. Maeve have said herself she could last a few minutes against him. Her biggest fear has always seemed to be dying against him, not actually fighting him. Their fight wemt how I expected it to go but plot armor or holes in this case is what bothers me. She was able to knock HL on his ass as many times as she did but somehow not strong enough to break out of a gas chamber.

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: How I saw it even if she did break out of the chamber she would have ended up fighting alone with no back up against whoever else was there at the time with Homelander or they probably would have just gassed her if she tried. But I don’t think it’s because she couldn’t break out necessarily

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@northstrider: She always has been able, she literally said she could land a few punches before going down. Not to menation she had been training for months getting in peak condition

She survives while still having her powers and she did lose her powers from the explosion.

X-Lord16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-lord16: Durable and being able to just no sell are two different things. He’s durable but there’s no way he’s no selling attacks from Maeve while he just charges up. Not to mention she hits harder than him

Never claimed he'd no sell , I claimed he can survive her hits (because he can) and take her out with his blast. As for hitting harder Homelander Directly states that SB was the only one nearly as strong as him , this would obviously include the other members of the Seven like Maeve and Noir. So I fail to see how she hits harder.

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@northstrider: She always has been able, she literally said she could land a few punches before going down. Not to menation she had been training for months getting in peak condition

She survives while still having her powers and she did lose her powers from the explosion.

That doesn't make it better. It makes it worse. How did she survive either the fall or the blast WITHOUT her powers? That makes zero sense. She was grievously wounded already. Take the explosion and the fall into account, and she should be dead. Surviving makes it seem like she still has her powers, because she would need them to survive that in the first place.

Starbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Starbreaker

@shehulk528: I don’t know why you think she “hits harder” when SB is canonically the strongest Supe next to HL. It’s been confirmed multiple times, including by HL himself.

Starbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shehulk528: You seem fixated on SB’s blasts even though it was a footnote at the end of my post.

Also, If you’ve watched the series, then you would know that the charging-time for his blasts vary greatly depending on their power and AoE. The one he used on Kimiko only needed a few seconds, for example.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: How I saw it even if she did break out of the chamber she would have ended up fighting alone with no back up against whoever else was there at the time with Homelander or they probably would have just gassed her if she tried. But I don’t think it’s because she couldn’t break out necessarily

I did feel like this was the case

Starbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Starbreaker

@northstrider: There’s a lot of possibilities as to how Maeve survived the fall despite losing her powers.

Off the top of my head, it’s possible that the blast’s effects weren’t instantaneous and Maeve still had enough Compound V in her system when she hit the ground. Maybe the longer charge-time increases the blast’s area of effect, but decreases its power-stripping potency. The short burst he used against Kimiko seemed to work instantly…

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soldier Boy

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boys power scaling is all over the place. Maeve can now punch and bleed homelander and survive that building level blast from Soldier boy. Soldier boy also seemed stronger in the finale and bullied Butcher and choked Homelander. I'd say Soldier boy wins even without his blast but will take him a while due to Maeve's stat upgrade and skill

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soldier Boy easily stomps.

X-Lord16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boys power scaling is all over the place. Maeve can now punch and bleed homelander and survive that building level blast from Soldier boy. Soldier boy also seemed stronger in the finale and bullied Butcher and choked Homelander.

I disagree with this for several reasons:

1) Maeve Only made him bleed while he was holding back and the moment he got serious he gouged out her eye and proceeded to stomp her for the majority of their fight.

2) The most likely assumption is that her power simply went away after she had already reached the Ground.

3) SB was always that powerful and Homelander wasn't even trying to fight back , he only began to do so after Ryan got knocked out

I don't see how the Boys scaling is "all over the place" while I do agree that Maeve had a lot of plot armour it does make logical sense and fits with the established lore and scaling of the verse.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-lord16:

Holding back doesn't decrease durability. Maeve being able to bleed Homelander with a punch is a very huge strength upgrade for her or durability downgrade for homelander. I think the second is more plausible

Soldier Boy was unstoppable in the finale. Multiple laser blasts didn't do anything. He straight up humiliated Butcher who went toe to toe with Homelander earlier. He tossed kimiko like a ragdoll and starlight's biggest blast wasn't able to even scratch him. In earlier episodes soldier boy didn't seem that strong

Power scaling is all over the place. Homelander sometimes moves like a blur, sometimes street tier speed. Maeve can toss armoured trucks casually yet her bloodlusted punches barely dent metal sometimes. No environment damage whatsoever despite supposed high tiers fighting. Power levels and scaling in this show is weird

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@northstrider: There’s a lot of possibilities as to how Maeve survived the fall despite losing her powers.

Off the top of my head, it’s possible that the blast’s effects weren’t instantaneous and Maeve still had enough Compound V in her system when she hit the ground. Maybe the longer charge-time increases the blast’s area of effect, but decreases its power-stripping potency. The short burst he used against Kimiko seemed to work instantly…

In Kimiko's case it was the instant after she was blasted through a wall, and that's why Frenchie was so worried. Her healing factor wasn't working. It happens quickly enough that it only takes a second. That's too quick because the fall would have taken longer. Especially considering the fact that the explosion likely sent both careening into the air some more. I don't really buy the blast getting weaker with charge time in any area. If anything, it should be the opposite.

X-Lord16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman:

Holding back doesn't decrease durability

I'm aware , the point being that the only reason she got the chance to inflict that level of damage is due to Homelander holding back.

Maeve being able to bleed Homelander with a punch is a very huge strength upgrade for her or durability downgrade for homelander.

Well not really , Maeve is cannonically potrayed as 2nd to Homelander (SB and ST being obvious exceptions)

Loading Video...

Prior to the fight she was even confident she could get a few hits in. She was also training to fight Homelander so there's a likely possibility that she got Stronger. Maeve is simply is on that level of power. There's nothing incosnsitent about that.

Soldier Boy was unstoppable in the finale. Multiple laser blasts didn't do anything

Well no this isn't true. Ryans laser blast sent him flying and Butchers Laser Blast made him bleed.

He straight up humiliated Butcher who went toe to toe with Homelander earlier.

Butcher briefly traded punches with HL , but Homelander was clerly stronger and he began to overpower him and pin him to the wall. If it wasn't for hughie or SB , Butcher would've died. Butches is by no means relative to Homelander.

He tossed kimiko like a ragdoll and starlight's biggest blast wasn't able to even scratch him.

Both characters who are fodder to him , always have been that's nothing new or suprising

In earlier episodes soldier boy didn't seem that strong

Yes he did. He already one shot Kimiko and was blatantly stated to be the only character nearly as strong as Homelander (that automatically placed him as a top tier in the verse)

Homelander sometimes moves like a blur, sometimes street tier speed.

Sometimes he wants to blitz , Sometimes he wants to brawl , I fail to see the issue here

Maeve can toss armoured trucks casually yet her bloodlusted punches barely dent metal sometimes. No environment damage whatsoever despite supposed high tiers fighting.

DC isn't the same as AP , vice verse. Here's an example:

1,2) Kingdom come Superman knocks out Superboy with enough power to move a planet.

Now the actual Planet doesn't get moved , but what superman is doing is he's channeling that level of power and force into a punch.

AP=DC but DC doesn't always = AP , this is why certain characters in fiction despite being planetary can have fights in cities and not destroy them , they still have planetary levels of power behind their attacks , but they just aren't utilizing planetary levels of DC they're using Planetary levels of AP. So no just becaue Homelander , Maeve , SB etc... aren't destroying rooms and buildings with every single attack , doesn't mean they haven't got that level of force behind their attacks.

Power levels and scaling in this show is weird

It really isn't. Considering everything I've just gone over.

Starbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Starbreaker

@deltahuman: I don’t think the power scaling is that wonky, although the show doesn’t do a very good job of explaining it.

A common theory is that Soldier Boy was weakened during his first fight against Homelander after unleashing his “PTSD” blast and being knocked unconscious. I’ve also seen it mentioned that the show-runners confirmed that his “bigger” blasts weaken him somewhat, which makes sense considering he seems to get knocked out whenever he uses them.

As for Maeve, she is one of the strongest Supes besides Homelander and Soldier Boy, so it makes sense that she was able to beat Homelander around while he was distracted and trying to go after Soldier Boy. She lost an eye in the process too. Once Homelander started paying more attention to her, she started losing.

The only real plot armor I could see was the conveniently placed (and ear-canal thin) metal rod that Maeve landed next to when Homelander was beating her.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last0fth3risen said:

Pretty much this ^ she's probably top 5 now

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Soldier Boy may have been weakened in his fight against Homelander as he just wasted all of his energy destroying herogasm.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maeve takes it. Several feats that are too spoiler filled to say.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SB eventually wins. It'll be a decently close fight tho

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maeve did way better against HL than SB and as far as I know she doesn't have anti-feats so the scaling is pretty clear.