The Black Gate (LOTR) vs The Eagle Gate (Warhammer)

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cheth  Online

Through some reality-altering shenanigans, the Black Gate of Mordor has been transported directly opposite of the Eagle Gate of Ellyrion, with only a vast open field between them. Which gate will prove stronger, and which force will be able to prevail against the other?

The Black Gate

No Caption Provided

Leader: The Mouth of Sauron

Mage: Khamûl the Easterling

Airforce: The seven other Nazgul (WK excluded) on fellbeasts

Infantry: 100.000 Orcs of Mordor

Heavy Infantry: 50.000 Easterlings

Elite Infantry: 10.000 Uruks of Mordor

Missile Units: 20.000 Orc Archers, 20.000 Haradrim Archers

Light Monsters: 1000 Hill Trolls

Medium Monsters: 100 Olog-hai

Large Monsters: 10 Mûmakil

Cavalry: 5000 Haradrim Horsemen

The Eagle Gate

No Caption Provided

Leader: Prince Yvarn of Meletan

Mage: Loremaster Shrinastor

Airforce: 7 Frostheart Phoenixes

Infantry: 80.000 High Elf Spearmen

Heavy Infantry: 30.000 Silverpelts

Elite Infantry: 10.000 Eataine Guard

Missile Units: 10.000 Talons of Tor Caleda, 20.000 Gate Guard

Cavalry: 5000 Silver Helms

Elite Cavalry: 1000 Ellyrian Reavers

Skirmishers: 3000 Ashencloaks

Monsters: 10 Flamespyre Phoenixes

Rules

- Each Gate has its usual defences (siege equipment, wall material, etc.). Even the mountains on either side of the gates are the same.

- Neither Gate has its usual defenders. Only the listed troops are availiable.

- Between the Gates there's a massive open plain, big enough that any siege equipment or arrows on either side can't reach the other.

- On the sides of the open plain are massive forests incase they want to make more siege equipment. (Or for possible ambushes).

- The Mordor side thinks that the One Ring is in the Eagle Gate. The High Elf side thinks that the Mordor forces are new allies or minions of the Dark Elves or Chaos.

- Victory by capturing the enemy Gate in total (no enemies inside) or having fully destroyed all forces of the enemy side.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth:

This is a great thread, i must say.

I'm currently only on the phone a quick while so i can't present any longer case but in short i find the Mordor forces to have an advantage in ground skirmishes if it's isolated fighting given the more brutish monster roster, but an overall drawn out battle should go to team WH as they actually plant trained and acknowledged units to defend, and i'm willing to bet on that they are more skilled compared to Saurons forces

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cheth  Online

@cergic said:

@cheth:

This is a great thread, i must say.

I'm currently only on the phone a quick while so i can't present any longer case but in short i find the Mordor forces to have an advantage in ground skirmishes if it's isolated fighting given the more brutish monster roster, but an overall drawn out battle should go to team WH as they actually plant trained and acknowledged units to defend, and i'm willing to bet on that they are more skilled compared to Saurons forces

Thank you :)

No worries, but would love to see a full case later ;)

So by troops in a grounded battle you'd back Mordor but in this scenario you'd back the elves?

Avatar image for deactivated-64173259e84e1
deactivated-64173259e84e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Interesting thread, but I'd back the elves. from what little I know. I think the elves overall should have superior weaponry, fighting skill, and teamwork. They are more than capable of laying sieges and being capable of withstanding sieges by quite a margin. The orcs from LOTRs never really came across as above peak human for their base fodder and their elite tier was a little above peak human, but nothing the high elves couldn't fend off. I think the biggest factor is prolly numbers, but high elves from what I've seen posted are rather insane as well depending on whom is writing for whom i guess. Overall interesting thread and this reminds me of a thread I made to where I shall tag u and see what you say :)

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cheth  Online

@cheth: Interesting thread, but I'd back the elves. from what little I know. I think the elves overall should have superior weaponry, fighting skill, and teamwork. They are more than capable of laying sieges and being capable of withstanding sieges by quite a margin. The orcs from LOTRs never really came across as above peak human for their base fodder and their elite tier was a little above peak human, but nothing the high elves couldn't fend off. I think the biggest factor is prolly numbers, but high elves from what I've seen posted are rather insane as well depending on whom is writing for whom i guess. Overall interesting thread and this reminds me of a thread I made to where I shall tag u and see what you say :)

Yeah makes sense, I adjusted the numbers repeatedly while making the thread since I wanted to balance Mordor numbers and High elf skill, but its not exactly an easy task lol

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I thought it was literally the gates ramming into each other and seeing which comes out on top.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Yeah I'm no high elf expert, but as strong as they are stated to be, they prolly could cut their numbers down by 2/3s and it'd be an even fight from what I've heard. Again though I'm no expert :)

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cheth  Online

@joshtaku said:

At first I thought it was literally the gates ramming into each other and seeing which comes out on top.

Lmfao

Which do you think would win if that was the case?

@cheth: Yeah I'm no high elf expert, but as strong as they are stated to be, they prolly could cut their numbers down by 2/3s and it'd be an even fight from what I've heard. Again though I'm no expert :)

Quite possible! Initially i only wrote them having 30k spearmen lmfao, pretty hard to be certain of any number

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: 30k spears is quite funny considering what was stated haha :)