This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chineseboi (192 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• The Beast and David Dunn from Glass
  • Captain America and Bucky Barnes from Infinity War (Cap has the Wakandan shield and Bucky gets the vibranium arm only)
  • Random encounter, wins by KO/incapacitation/death
  • No knowledge of each other's weaknesses
  • Takes place in Wakanda jungle

Round 1: Morals on except for Beast

Round 2: Morals off

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#2 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap solos.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#3 Posted by blackpantherisb (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Either SS solos.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43244 posts) - - Show Bio

My bias for Bruce Willis solos

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43244 posts) - - Show Bio

How are the supersoldiers supposed to get around the superhumans durability

#6 Posted by BullPR (5965 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight.

But too much technic in favor of the SS. Remove the Shield of Cap, remove bucky and that would be an awesome fight.

Really.

#7 Edited by mrmonster (15593 posts) - - Show Bio

The Glass duo. Their durability is too high for the super soldiers.

#8 Posted by Standardized (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

What are their feats?

#9 Posted by mrmonster (15593 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster said:

What are their feats?

David has survived a car crashes, close range gunshots, and even a train crash without even breaking a bone. The Beast took multiple shotgun blasts at point blank range and was barely even hurt.

#10 Posted by rogueshadow (29370 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap and Bucky wreck them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
#11 Posted by deactivated-5c607e387a408 (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one easy. Cap and Bucky can’t hurt either and are much weaker

#12 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast and Dunn aren't skilled enough to hang with the soldiers. They're going to have a ton of trouble even tagging them to be honest. Vibranium shield and arm should give the soldiers enough damage output to surpass their durability.

@standardized said:
@mrmonster said:

What are their feats?

David has survived a car crashes, close range gunshots, and even a train crash without even breaking a bone. The Beast took multiple shotgun blasts at point blank range and was barely even hurt.

When did David do this? I don't remember any shots coming his way in either movie.

#13 Posted by mrmonster (15593 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast and Dunn aren't skilled enough to hang with the soldiers. They're going to have a ton of trouble even tagging them to be honest. Vibranium shield and arm should give the soldiers enough damage output to surpass their durability.

@mrmonster said:
@standardized said:
@mrmonster said:

What are their feats?

When did David do this? I don't remember any shots coming his way in either movie.

I'll admit that I misremembered this scene from Unbreakable.

Loading Video...

#14 Posted by Cergic (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

SS duo lacks traincrash-level damage output and quite frankly, Captain Americas is out of his League the moment he gets grappled

#15 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: That was the only scene that came to mind. I could not for the life of me remember anyone shooting David lol

#16 Posted by chineseboi (192 posts) - - Show Bio

But still surviving a train crash is more impressive than close range gunshots, right?

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#17 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

Overseer and The Beast definitely have them in terms of raw power and durability but with gear and vastly superior fighting skill, I'd back the supersoldiers. However, if it was just Cap with no shield that they were fighting, this would be a great match up.

#18 Posted by Rustlingjimmy (1164 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If knowledge was on I would give it to super soldiers.

But I'll give it to team 1. Durability too high and the overseers strength is above both or equal to super soldiers.

#19 Posted by falsearcher (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Choreographically speaking, Cap and Bucky seemed far more impressive on a consistent basis, and they have a greater selection of feats at their disposal.

However, David's durability could pose an issue. He did manage to survive a train derailment without so much as a scratch, a feat Cap and Bucky aren't replicating. On top of that, both Dunn and The Beast have a sufficient amount of power to harm the super soldiers, so I'm leaning towards them ultimately.

#20 Posted by chineseboi (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@falsearcher: Yeah Cap and Bucky were having trouble with a few outriders in close combat.

#21 Posted by Archangel01 (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

dunn solos

#22 Posted by PatriotBear (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 tanks everything the other team has and keeps on coming.

#23 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5760 posts) - - Show Bio

What durability feats keep the mcu duo from stomping?

#24 Posted by PatriotBear (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, surviving a train derailing with no injuries whasoever...when everyone else died.

#25 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Steve survive a plane crash and being frozen in ice for 70yrs? That seems more impressive than just surviving a train crash. Normal people have done that.

#26 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5760 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11 said:

Well, surviving a train derailing with no injuries whasoever...when everyone else died.

how would this stop vibranium shields/gauntlets from piercing him?

#27 Posted by geekryan (4738 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 wins.

Both Cap and Bucky are way more skilled, and faster.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
#28 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

We know that David can suffocate so either SS can take him out with a chokehold as they are far superior in skill and either can hold the beast for long enough to 2v1 for a win.

#29 Edited by chineseboi (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11 said:

Also The Beast tanked 2 shotgun shots in point blank range and proceeded to bend steel bars on a gate.

#30 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43244 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast can flip over a police car, and David took his hits just fine and had the upper hand against him.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#31 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron Bots can flip cars, swim through concrete, are bulletproof, and survive crashing at superspeed. They are no more than fodder for Cap and Bucky, as is this Team.

#32 Edited by chineseboi (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron Bots can flip cars, swim through concrete, are bulletproof, and survive crashing at superspeed. They are no more than fodder for Cap and Bucky, as is this Team.

But are they as durable as Team 1?

#33 Posted by Rebake (4474 posts) - - Show Bio

@chineseboi: Note that with his suit, Cap can take a beating from aliens that tore into the Hulkbuster for a bit until Thor arrived. Cap also tanked repulsors and Ultron's lasers. The museum suit's lack of protection doesn't matter here since Infinity War suit is just a helmet-less Avengers/Civil War protective suit. Then we have supersoldiers dodging and blocking in addition to their high durability. Vibranium can soak any hits from the other team.

#34 Posted by Doofasa (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an absolute stomp in favour of Cap and Bucky. Dunn and the Beast's high-end feats are about the same as an Ultron Bot's high-end feats. The only exception is Dunn surviving a train crash, which happened off screen and still lead to Dunn being KO'd as he wakes up in hospital.

Cap and Bucky are stronger, faster, more skilled, and have more then enough damage output to put them down.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#35 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

@chineseboi: Not sure about Dunn, but sure as hell more durable than the Beast. Dunn best feat happened offscreen so we don't know how impressive it actually was, either way, he gets stomped in the speed, skill and strength department. Plus Steve has his Vibranium blades, which he was using to gut outriders, and Dunn lacking any piercing resistance feats doesn't help him in not getting stomped.

#36 Edited by Simply_Ev1L (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap should win solo, he could take on ultron bots without that much trouble and his vibranium SHOULD pierce them. And cap has enough strength to hold off an helicopter from taking off.

#37 Edited by Mee09 (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky would lose without a Vibranium Arm (although even then I think Beast and David Dunn combined would still overwhelm him. It's an arm not a blade. In a straight up hand to hand fight he shouldn't be able to beat The Beast). But because he has Cap here the super soldiers win. Give the Super Soldiers no weapons like their opponents and you would have one hell of a thread.

#38 Posted by chineseboi (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

Bucky would lose without a Vibranium Arm (although even then I think Beast and David Dunn combined would still overwhelm him. It's an arm not a blade. In a straight up hand to hand fight he shouldn't be able to beat The Beast). But because he has Cap here the super soldiers win. Give the Super Soldiers no weapons like their opponents and you would have one hell of a thread.

Well I thought if the Super Soldiers had no weapons they would have trouble hurting the other two since they're pretty durable.

Avatar image for dailywheattoast
#39 Posted by dailywheattoast (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: yeah, i'm pretty sure the entire point of that scene was to show that he wasn't impervious to guns and that the kid was losing his mind XD