#251 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod said:

So does the dB vs anime/manga rule only allow anime/manga or can it extend to other asian works such as japanese or Chinese novels?

Alright I just talked to the other mods. Light/visual novels are ingrained in anime and manga so you should be good if that is what your referring to. Regular novels are not allowed.

#252 Posted by SeaGod (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: well they aren't exactly light novels as those are usually japanese I'm talking about chinese novels though since they have manga themselves I guess they are close enough to count. Thanks for the help.

#253 Posted by SMXLR8 (6696 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: you not make it at all though so you have a choice

#254 Posted by SeaGod (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: but alas I want to make them I'm just incapable of controlling what happens after.

#255 Posted by SMXLR8 (6696 posts) - - Show Bio
#256 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio
#257 Posted by NimbleMonster (6 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a much needed post, thanks for taking the time to make it. I think it'll make a difference and cut down on the meaningless spam.

#258 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it should be included: Make sure to actually read the topic before posting, there could be rules to the match.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#259 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11724 posts) - - Show Bio

This was unpinned? When?

#260 Posted by Amendment50 (15427 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhh ??

Avatar image for returnofzejelly
#261 Posted by ReturnOfZeJelly (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a rules problem. I flagged an old mismatch

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/captain-america-vs-carnage-388185/

and someone told me to not flag?

What am I supposed to do?

I reply to an old mismatch and get banned.

I flag Captain America vs Carnage and am told to not flag.

Even though I am told TO flag mismatches.

I am just confused; any helpful explanation is useful and appreciated.

#262 Edited by Lan_Fan (13264 posts) - - Show Bio

@returnofzejelly: It is simply not necessary for mods to lock old mismatches. Generally, threads are locked to prevent users from posting on it, and thus allowing the threads to die... Those old mismatches are already dead, it's pretty much useless to flag them unless someone else bump them first.

Also, If someone bumps old mismatches, it's better to flag the one who bumps the thread because technically, they're the one that's responsible for resurrecting the banned threads (that was dead in the first place).

#263 Edited by PyroFN (6191 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: @god_spawn: I have a question:

Is it really appropriate to use Handbooks in reference to character’s information? I see that there is a bit of a taboo in using them, but I don’t know if it’s simply preference or if the books are simply unreliable.

Thank you for your time.

#264 Posted by God_Spawn (43083 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: I don’t think it’s taboo. I use handbook info as more of a supporting item. I think handbooks provide a general sense of information but they don’t widdle down on specifics as far as the writing aspect. I think some statements made in handbook info may not be supported by feats consistently done in the book. So I’ll use a fighter for example. If Wolverine was classed as a level 3 fighter but in the comics is said he knows all these styles and can fight all these top tiers, then the handbook is most likely wrong. But if one says he is a class 7, and if matches with the writing, then I think it works. Spider-Man is a class 10, but he’s been outperforming 10 tons for 60+ years and stuff. That may be his base but he’s at least stronger than that based on a consistent string of feats. People have to understand that handbooks are just wiki entries themselves. Granted it’s “official” but they themselves are written entries and have editors and all that.

Moderator Online
#265 Edited by PyroFN (6191 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Noted. Thank you for the clarification.

#266 Posted by God_Spawn (43083 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: No problem. Hoped it helped.

Moderator Online