Avatar image for professathought
#201 Posted by ProfessaThought (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: yeahhhhhhhp..... that's why I resisted and had to ask. Thanks for the response

#202 Posted by 23dhjyt (684 posts) - - Show Bio

People won't remember this when there in a Emotional state.

#204 Posted by Krrish709 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Look friends I need to ask there are some battle threads in which real life gods are put up against comic characters like Thor, Thanos etc

I don't know. If anyone on this site is following Hindu religion or not but every religion should be treated equally. I don't like when people insult especially Hindu gods like lord Krishna, lord Vishnu by saying that. They are wuss compared to some comic characters

I have. A. Lot. Of. Friends who follow different religions like Christian, Islam. And. I. Respect their religion. Can't I expect same thing In comicvine?

#205 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5626 posts) - - Show Bio

@krrish709: My friend I am follower of Hinduism and I agree with u.

#206 Posted by haoalchemist (6196 posts) - - Show Bio

:o..interesting

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
#207 Edited by Knightsofdarkness2 (8155 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone explain to me what the Mafia threads are and how they work? Thanks.

#208 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro@saren@god_spawn@jedixman Hi guys. General battle-related question here. Are we allowed to make battles with amalgam characters? Like Plastic Flash (Plastic Man + Flash) in which one character can use feats from both?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
#209 Edited by The_Caped_Crusader (10533 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone explain to me what the Mafia threads are and how they work? Thanks.

This.

#210 Posted by God_Spawn (43071 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysticmedivh: I think that question is kind of up in the air because it borders on created characters which we don't use. I think if it does trespass into an already existing rule like Superman mixed with Goku or Goku and Luffy vs Superman and Thor combo (I saw the video) or Hulk mixed with TOAA or some fanmade character, or if it doesn't cross into giving a character a certain buff like saying Hulk with a red lantern ring but he has Atroticus' skill without making it Atroticus. I think it should be fine because we have had some threads like that but as long as it isn't out of hand like merging 7 characters together then I don't have issue with it yet. But like anything, it depends on how the users handle it.

#211 Edited by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Alright. Thanks for clearing it up.

One thing I didn't quite get.

or if it doesn't cross into giving a character a certain buff like saying Hulk with a red lantern ring but he has Atroticus' skill without making it Atroticus

So what you're saying is you can't give Hulk a RL ring and say he has Atrocutis' skill? But it would be okay for it to be an amalgam between the two characters?

#212 Posted by God_Spawn (43071 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysticmedivh: We can't give characters buffs they have never had because we don't know how they would operate with it. Just because you give him the skills of one character doesn't mean he will be doing half of those things because his own personality can differ. But if you make it an amalgam of the two, then both feats can be usable which makes it a bit more debatable.

#213 Edited by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio
#214 Posted by ItsBlu (9 posts) - - Show Bio

This is common sense.

#215 Posted by shihan (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Right.

#216 Posted by shihan (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Cooooooool

#217 Posted by DavidACarlson (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: True about the newbs bit. I found this forum through a google search for something and posted on a couple of threads before I even looked at the forum, sorry.

#219 Posted by magnablue (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish we could still do dragon ball characters vs comic characters. I have a battle that I want to do but I cant :(

It would seem like a very one sided battle but there would be evidence to support the on character winning.

Avatar image for flashoftommorow
#220 Posted by FlashofTommorow (1650 posts) - - Show Bio
#221 Posted by magnablue (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
#222 Posted by FlashofTommorow (1650 posts) - - Show Bio
#223 Posted by magnablue (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
#224 Posted by FlashofTommorow (1650 posts) - - Show Bio
#225 Posted by magnablue (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Posted by FlashofTommorow (1650 posts) - - Show Bio
#227 Edited by magnablue (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Posted by ComicConfreak (6 posts) - - Show Bio

naruto and bleach fans need to read this...

#231 Posted by Lord-Parallax (4503 posts) - - Show Bio
#239 Posted by Vertigo- (17725 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish more people would actually read this before they decide to make a thread, or post in general really

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
#241 Posted by NemesisReloaded (1530 posts) - - Show Bio

Was a good list. Should have read it before now. I believe I mostly followed them accidently.

Was wondering though, I put my two cents into a battle and used a cross-over comic to make a point. It was pointed out to me that cross-overs aren't canon So don't count. I figured that since the cross over comic in question was written by a guy who had written for both characters in the past (Galactic and Darkseid) in stories that were canon, that this would still be OK since the writer clearly knows the characters.

Should there be some kind of rule on non-canon, as it seems to be a widely accepted rule that only canon feats count, but you won't know that unless someone moans at you for it.

#242 Posted by OneWithReason (775 posts) - - Show Bio

New Viner, Long time Visitor. Just read the rules. Nice Job. I understand them and will try to stand by the standards 😉👍

Avatar image for darkscorpion_omega
#243 Posted by darkscorpion_omega (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: So question if I go over the 14 characters rule because of some teams I'd like to see fight, is it ok if :

1. I pair up combatants from each team in how I think they should fight?
2. Give information about the abilities and personalities of the characters and/or link to their pages?
3. Give detail on version, point in time etc. I'm using?
I tend to like breaking down team fights but wanted to make sure first, if so I can probably ween it down to 7v7

#244 Posted by SeaGod (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

So does the dB vs anime/manga rule only allow anime/manga or can it extend to other asian works such as japanese or Chinese novels?

#245 Posted by SMXLR8 (6691 posts) - - Show Bio
#246 Posted by SeaGod (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: I'm gonna wait for a response from a mod first just in case though as I got some fun matches involving novel and DB characters that should be a fun debate.

#247 Posted by jashro44 (52374 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: I'll check with the other battle mods and see what they say.

#248 Posted by SeaGod (4665 posts) - - Show Bio
#249 Posted by SMXLR8 (6691 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: I hope that won't cause a war after all not everyone likes op characters that make debates boring

#250 Posted by SeaGod (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: I make no promises as I can create the thread but have no power on what happens after.