#2251 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13137 posts) - - Show Bio

As for venom, Hell-storm very explicitly said that it was "dead". So... Yea... You lost him. Even if there's a piece lying around somewhere, Banshee can go ahead and shoot it with the Ka'kari to prevent it from regenerating.

What?

@zetsumoto:I'll just say fire, the blast knocks Legion down so you are unable to follow up, Venom gets ripped out of him, his skin is burnt and he is dazed.

#2252 Edited by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr_ingenuity said:

As for venom, Hell-storm very explicitly said that it was "dead". So... Yea... You lost him. Even if there's a piece lying around somewhere, Banshee can go ahead and shoot it with the Ka'kari to prevent it from regenerating.

What?

@major_hellstorm said:

@zetsumoto:I'll just say fire, the blast knocks Legion down so you are unable to follow up, Venom gets ripped out of him, his skin is burnt and he is dazed.

Yea, I missread that. I already edited.

But like I said, the Ka'kari would cancel Venom's ability to regenerate, so all she has to do is shoot the symbiote.

Avatar image for major_hellstorm
#2253 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I didn't say Venom is dead just that he was ripped apart. Anyway, how long would it take you to give Banshee instructions and for her to shoot him?

#2254 Edited by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: "I had to take care of some stuff." I pause upon noticing the other man: "he one of yours?"

#2255 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (13137 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @zetsumoto:

Considering you got so "dazed" that you fell out of the sky and crash landed, it sounds like you are way too disoriented to just take off right away. Sure you're technically concious, but everything should be ringing, you should be an extreme pain, your senses should be overloaded. But I'll leave that ruling up to MH. If he sides with you and says you can activate your double stat ability and fly in the opposite direction, I can't really do much about that.

My character is resistant to fire so dazed doesn't mean much of anything. The only thing that would hurt in this scenario is the symbiote being ripped out which would only hurt Legion on way down. By the time Legion hits the ground they'll be up and running.

#2256 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: The man answers "Yeah, I'm a mercenary from another world like you but I'm not part of this competition nonsense, name's Incinerator but you can call me Cin." He outstretches his arm to shake.

#2257 Posted by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I didn't say Venom is dead just that he was ripped apart. Anyway, how long would it take you to give Banshee instructions and for her to shoot him?

Telepathy makes all communication instant. We could have an hour long planning session, with virtually no time passing in-game.

No Caption Provided

As for tossing her the gun, that should be quite fast as well given our stats. Plus, if Banshee's precognition tells her that it's best if I take the shot myself, I should be able to, since I have quite good aim:

Durzo caught the bow in his hand the the quiver with his Talent. As he drew one arrow, he pulled another from the quiver with his Talent. He squatted against the vertical face of the wall and in an instant locked his deaders into his mind's eye.

The giant highlander went down first, an arrow catching him between the eyes. Then the meisters, every last one of them, then the officers, then a wedge of highlanders directly in front of the bridge. Durzo emptied the quiver of twenty arrows in less than ten seconds.

Now, while my character has no experience in using guns (being from the medieval fantasy world that he is), the precog + TP should tell my character exactly what to do. My body is so fast that I can tag bullet timing superhuman ghouls with daggers:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#2258 Posted by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @zetsumoto:

Considering you got so "dazed" that you fell out of the sky and crash landed, it sounds like you are way too disoriented to just take off right away. Sure you're technically concious, but everything should be ringing, you should be an extreme pain, your senses should be overloaded. But I'll leave that ruling up to MH. If he sides with you and says you can activate your double stat ability and fly in the opposite direction, I can't really do much about that.

My character is resistant to fire so dazed doesn't mean much of anything. The only thing that would hurt in this scenario is the symbiote being ripped out which would only hurt on Legion's way down. By the time he hits the ground he'll be up and running.

You are forgetting the actual force of the gun, which apparently blew you out of the sky and caused you to crashland.

#2259 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Give me a timeframe, 2 seconds? 10 seconds?

#2260 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: "From another world but not summoned for the tournament, huh? That sounds like a story I'd like to hear," I say with a smile as I take his hand. "Anyway, I take it I was called here for a reason?"

#2261 Posted by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio
#2262 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (13137 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto:Archangel has taken building busting explosion already and was flying the next page. So I'm not sure why this would daze him more than it takes for him to hit the ground.

Edit for scans

#2263 Edited by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio
@major_hellstorm said:

Here is an advanced CCG training session:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, high level ghoul investigators can perform complex manouvers within .01-.04 second range. Simply positioning a gun would be a hell of a lot faster. I'd say millisecond range if I were to shoot him myself.

There's also the fact that because of precognition, I (or Banshee) would have already prepped and fired BEFORE Ingenuity hit the ground.

So really, my strategy should go off instantly.

Also, sniper bullets travel at 1200.5 meters per second. He's less than 200 meters away.

@mr_ingenuity said:

@zetsumoto:Archangel has taken building busting explosion already and was flying the next page. So I'm not sure why this would daze him more than it takes for him to hit the ground.

Edit for scans

Umm... is tanking building busting explosions without having activated your stat doubling ability even in limits?

#2264 Edited by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: "Oh, I've got tons of stories, once I blew up a town to stop a madman with a ring. But I'll tell you later." When Cin stops talking Werewolf says "You know why you are here, you agreed to join my gang as payment. But before all that I'll have to torture test you to see if you are trust worthy, sit down on this chair and we can start the fun." The werewolf pulls a metal chair for you to sit on and smiles.

#2265 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (13137 posts) - - Show Bio
#2266 Posted by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio
#2267 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13137 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

As you can see, high level ghoul investigators can perform complex manouvers within .01-.04 second range. Simply positioning a gun would be a hell of a lot faster. I'd say millisecond range if I were to shoot him myself.

There's also the fact that because of precognition, I (or Banshee) would have already prepped and fired BEFORE Ingenuity hit the ground.

Also, sniper bullets travel at 1200.5 meters per second. He's less than 200 meters away.

Would Banshee danger sense even go off you've only shown scans of it on the defensive, that includes the sniper feat.

Also my character is faster than a bullet with double speed they would out pace the bullet that is being fired by a lot.

#2268 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: "This better not be a fetish of yours" I say with a sigh. "Well, I hope that healing potions takes care of robotics as well, because I'm all robot," I say as I poke my chest. "Let's just get this over with," and with that I sit on the chair.

After poking my chest I've used Jin's acupuncture on myself. Specifically:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

The point that allows me to turn off my pain receptors. I should be able to just have friendly conversation with him regardless of what he's doing to me.

#2269 Edited by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity said:
@zetsumoto said:
@major_hellstorm said:

Would Banshee danger sense even go off you've only shown scans of it on the defensive, that includes the sniper feat.

Also my character is faster than a bullet with double speed they would out pace the bullet that is being fired by a lot.

I showed a scan where he knew what wolverine was going to say before he even said it. It's hellstorm's character, so Hellstorm can argue it better than I. She's used it, in game, on this level since the moment of her introduction.

You can't detect the bullet coming, the bullet would have been fired before you even hit the ground. You are still "dazed". How dazed? I don't know. I'll leave it to Hellstorm to decide.

#2270 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: Cin then torches you with dual flamethrower guns. You survive.

#2271 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13137 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @zetsumoto: FYI M107 .50 Caliber Long Range Sniper Rifle (LRSR) has a Muzzle Velocity 2,800 fps (853 mps)

Not 1200.5 meters per second.

#2272 Posted by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @zetsumoto: FYI M107 .50 Caliber Long Range Sniper Rifle (LRSR) has a Muzzle Velocity 2,800 fps (853 mps)

Not 1200.5 meters per second.

Guess that's what happens when you try to argue from memory while fatigued... =/

#2273 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio
#2274 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: The Werewolf tells Cin to stop seeing you not even flinch "So you don't feel pain, huh? Well I guess you passed the test but I'll have to eekp an eye on you." He then hands you a health potion.

#2275 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm:

"So you don't feel pain, huh?"

"Something like that." I take the potion and drink it, the proceed to make sure my robotics are fine before continuing. "So, what's this little ragtag group of ours doing now? You have some plans in the works, right?"

#2276 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: "Oh, course. I'll introduce you to the core team later but you two will be my right hand men. Right now, we have to deal with the military, see my sources tell me that they have taken over a rival gang in a day, I need to know if I should worry which is why I am sending you two to Elizabeth town to check it out. Report back here tomorrow."

#2277 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: "A scouting mission, huh? I'll do my best to avoid bloodshed and focus on reconnoissance to avoid raising the military's alarms. Let's go, Cin." With that, we'll start to make our way over to Elizabeth Town via the rooftops whilst being as quiet as possible.

Can you chuck us Cin's build as well, in case we get caught and I have to rep him?

#2278 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter:

No Caption Provided

Name: Charles Alaz P. Demir A.K.A The Incinerator

Class: Weaponer.

Body: Nightwing.

Mind: Custom.

Skill: New 52/Pre 52/Rebirth Death-Stroke.

• Non-combat Skill: Tracking (Kraven the Hunter)

Gear: (Composite) Firefly's suit.

• Extra Weaponer Weapon: Mikey's flaming sword (Birthright) made out of Nth metal.
#2279 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: Upon reaching Elizabeth Town, I'll listen across the entirety of the town for any chatter from the military that is in reference to the other gang, and just chill on the rooftop whilst eavesdropping once I tune in to a conversation.

#2280 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: After a few minutes of waiting Cin says "I'll go scout the town for signs of the military while you do, whatever it is your doing." A few more minutes of listening and you finally hear something of interest (asides from the zombie sounds fighting the guards that you have been hearing) you hear some guards chatting about how the General and the Captain wiped out the Kingpin's gang with tanks earlier and are fighting a necromancer guy.

#2281 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: Can I approximate where the necromancer is? If I can then I'll position myself at a good vantage point as far as possible away (around 300 metres at a minimum) and proceed to watch the show whilst invisible.

Chapter 4

Just in case you forgot how good my eyesight is. I could honestly watch the fight in perfect detail from a few kilometres away if I wanted too.

If I can't then I'll just keep listening for any additional information for a little while longer before going after Cin.

#2282 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: The fight is taking place in pitch black night but you can probably hear the fight (it is the one between Joewell and Jucaslucasa).

#2283 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: It was night time in the scan I showed as well, so that shouldn't really be a problem. Not to mention that Jucas is lighting the place up pretty heavily too.

#2284 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio
#2285 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio
#2286 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio
#2287 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: @mr_ingenuity: Okay so here's what I think happens, as Ingenuity crashes he doubles his stats and half a second before he lands he stops himself and retreats, while that happens Zets then take a shot the second and it lands however as Ingenuity was starting to fly away the shot hits his TO wings at an angle that only makes the shot chip the edge of Ingenuity's wing, he then escapes.

#2288 Posted by Zetsumoto (18565 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: Well, we'd already know the shot is useless then, and would target venom instead.

#2289 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio
#2290 Edited by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: A few minutes while watching the fight Cin comes back and says, "Okay, I have gathered all the evidence we need, the boss' sources were right, some nercomancer captured the Kingpin and the military wiped out his base. We should head out and deliver the news to the boss."

#2291 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13137 posts) - - Show Bio
#2292 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: "Huh? What do you mean leave? It's just getting go-" I catch myself when I realise the distance between us and the fight, and that Cin probably doesn't possess the eyesight that I do. "Oh, right. You see those small flashing lights, way over there? That's the necromancer fighting someone from the military. We know what the necromancer did and the general situation, but wouldn't it be better to go back with a full report of what both parties are capable of? The fight seems to be just winding down now, anyway. A couple more minutes and we'll know which party is controlling the space, and that would be good info to have."

#2293 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: "Uh, I can't see anything. Do you mean that blue light flashing? Cause I'm pretty sure that isn't an epic battle. But whatever, I guess I can wait a while, better be worth it though." He then sits down on the edge of the roof and tries to watch.

#2294 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio
#2295 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio
#2296 Posted by just_banter (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: "I was going to stream what I'm seeing onto your phone but... nevermind" I say with a sigh. "Well, when you get around to buying a phone or computer talk to me and you can watch the fight properly, but for now at least," I pause for a few seconds and the radio sparks to life with the sounds of battle. "You'll just have to use your imagination," I say with a smug smile.

Chapter 7

Playing just the audio of the fight would be a casual thing, considering I can play things on every electronic device in a city simultaneously.

#2297 Posted by High_Noon (397 posts) - - Show Bio
#2298 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: "Now that is f*ckin awesome. I've got to buy me a phone before we leave."

#2299 Edited by Major_Hellstorm (7250 posts) - - Show Bio
#2300 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13137 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm:

Minor Advancement 10

Legion flies to the nearest potion shop and buys a Deadpool potion for 500 leaving them with 100. But before drinking it Legion waits for the return of the main symbiote.

@zetsumoto

The symbiote is a bullet timer with 360 vision since it doesn't have a host worth protecting it will abandon its host at the first sign of danger.

Blocks 00 buckshot at point blank range from a across the room. Catches pistol rounds during its first transformation with Eddie and a random citizen.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Which means the symbiote can dodge all bullets until it's clear of danger. Even if it couldn't dodge every bullet destroying it completely is the only way to kill it. From what I understand no character has made and attempt to give chase so there is only a few seconds before it's out of range.