#2201 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity said:

@major_hellstorm:

To be honest I think Zetsumoto wins but not because he was the better debater but I think his team is most likely to win simply because of too many attacks like the fire, electricity (which Mr. Ingenuity proved that he has resistance to but not enough IMO) and Vibe shocks while also having TP and precog.

That wasn't the debate Zets argued that the elemental gun would one shot, not that the entire team together could take Legion. Also fire was never brought up as the only thing it could harm is the symbiote. Archangel's body on the other hand is immune (by this scenario's standards).

But as the random omnipotent being your word is law so, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Fire attacks were brought up (it was the element used in all of the long distance shot scans). The team was relevant, everyone played a part, I had vibe's homing blast as a follow up attack, Alex provided TP, Banshee provided precog, everything came together to ensure you were 100% down for the count.

#2202 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@high_noon said:

The Elemental Gun argument was stupid IMO. The Idea that the gun was more powerful than Thor is ridiculous or even comparable. It's likely that "feat" was written under Bendis' GOTG run anyways, and he's well know for ignoring character's previous accomplishments and feats, the dude literally wrote Agent Venom tanking Re-Entry.

At no point did I say that the element gun was more powerful than Thor. It's blown up spaceships and took down a high tier. That's all the evidence we need to mark it as > electro.

Avatar image for blackestnight93
#2203 Edited by blackestnight93 (13964 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: How do I get one of these free communicators that supposedly exist?

#2204 Posted by High_Noon (510 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I don't know how to word sorry, give me a sec

Avatar image for major_hellstorm
#2205 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: My mistake, I actully don't think you get one shot as you showed resistance to lightning.

#2206 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio
#2207 Posted by blackestnight93 (13964 posts) - - Show Bio
#2208 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

@mr_ingenuity: My mistake, I actully don't think you get one shot as you showed resistance to lightning.

But I wasn't using lightning. The lightning feat was just an example of how powerful the gun can be. Also, his lightning resistance feats don't really compare to take down Angela. If he gets stunned at all, then that leaves him vulnerable to getting hit by a Vibe blast.

#2209 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio
#2210 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

But I wasn't using lightning. The lightning feat was just an example of how powerful the gun can be. Also, his lightning resistance feats don't really compare to take down Angela.

What were you using? Cause I saw lightning being argued most.

#2211 Posted by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio
#2212 Edited by blackestnight93 (13964 posts) - - Show Bio
#2213 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio
#2214 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: My argument was that between precog and telepathy, my team would know to use whatever is most effective. Fire being the most likely usage. The lightning argument was more about how powerful the gun is itself and to back up the idea that lightning is viable if using it was necessary for whatever reason (since he brought up lighting defense first):

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/the-battle-scenario-game-ongoing-1888840/?page=42#js-message-19042293

In any case, between precognition and mind-reading, we know exactly what element must be used to ensure our success.

The gun is said to fire at the "speed of thought". Star Lord can use the fire element to fire beams off in the distance, resulting in large explosions. He has even done so to tag and destroy an Argonian war ship; that was travelling through space at visibly high speeds:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Even if we were to use lightning for whatever reason, the lightning on this gun is capable of one-shotting the likes of Angela:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

#2215 Posted by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio
#2216 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13443 posts) - - Show Bio
#2217 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @mr_ingenuity:I am no expert but that seems to be a Dark Angel feat, which I heard is more powerful than his Archangel incarnation. Anyways, he wasn't directly in the flames for the big scan. The second scan was him blocking with his wings (something he won't be able to do while being barraged with telepathic attacks). While he did withstand the flames in the third scan, Genocide was actively trying to draw in and suppress his flames at the time.

It's a solid feat, but I don't think it's quite enough to tank a hit from a gun that blows up spaceships and one-shots high tiers.

The way I see it, we have a character from a mid tier scenario, who does not have elemental immunity, manipulation, or absorption powers; getting shot by a gun that can take down high tiers. The outcome should be obvious.

#2218 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13443 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I'm using Archangel specifically. A simple blast from Genocide incinerates bone which is hotter than 2732 °F.

Wolverine healing factor couldn't even save him.

#2219 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm

@mr_ingenuity said:

@zetsumoto: I'm using Archangel specifically. A simple blast from Genocide incinerates bone which is hotter than 2732 °F.

Wolverine healing factor couldn't even save him.

Yes and the genocide feat is listed as being from Dark Angel in the respect thread.

Which seems to be separate from Archangel:

Dark Angel: After the death of Apocalypse, Archangel ascended as his heir. While the nature of his powers seemed roughly the same, he did seem a bit stronger overall, especially in regards to his durability. Because of the potential power upgrade, Warren's feats as Dark Angel will be marked "[Dark Angel]"

Incinerating bone is unimpressive compared to blowing up space ships and one-shotting high tiers like Angela. Genocide was actively attacking wolverine in that scan. With Warren, he was trying to suppress his flames. Incinerating Wolverine's flesh is also, not that impressive.

Again:

The way I see it, we have a character from a mid tier scenario, who does not have elemental immunity, manipulation, or absorption powers; getting shot by a gun that can take down high tiers. The outcome should be obvious.

Edit:

@major_hellstorm Also, should any of this discussion even count, since the debate was supposed to be over already?

#2220 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13443 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Doesn't matter about his respect thread I've read the character and with the death seed enhancement Archangel's durability is enhanced. Also Genocide trying to reign in his flames states nothing about a change in the heat being put out.

There is the fact that the ship's durability is unquantifiable to heat or a blast. My character between Venom & Archangel has withstood blast that would blow a hole in a ship.

The only thing that has one shotted a high tier is lightning which my character has resistance to. Which the high tier character in question does not.

#2221 Posted by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm:

@zetsumoto: Doesn't matter about his respect thread I've read the character and with the death seed enhancement Archangel's durability is enhanced. Also Genocide trying to reign in his flames states nothing about a change in the heat being put out.

There is the fact that the ship's durability is unquantifiable to heat or a blast. My character between Venom & Archangel has withstood blast that would blow a hole in a ship.

The only thing that has one shotted a high tier is lightning which my character has resistance to. Which the high tier character in question does not.

Genocide reigning in his flames immediately calls into question how hot the flames are, since he's clearly not putting in as much energy as he would if he were trying to roast someone.

The gun scales to will-power. James is at the height of his willpower as one of his friends just died and the dude flies off the handle when people try to kill him; which you did. The lightning shows how much damage the gun is able to dish out. Besides, my team has the ability to know which element would be the most effective, whether it's fire or lightning.

Angela obviously DOES have lightning resistance since the very scans you tried to pass off as a negative feat, was her getting blasted by THOR and being perfectly fine the very next page:

Thor >>>> Electro.

Anyways, this is my last post. This back and forth is tiresome, and I don't even think it should count since the debate was supposed to have been called already. =/

#2222 Posted by just_banter (11435 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: While your cell you hear a bottle crash in your cell inside the bottle is a piece of metal.

I stare at the piece of metal unmoving for around a minute before speaking into the ether: "what the expletive am I supposed to do with this?"

#2223 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13443 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Correction one shotted by Thor she was in no condition to fight after. This isn't a debate about Thor is is regarding how powerful the elemental gun is in regards to my character resistance. If the OP thinks my character's resistance isn't enough I left the thread without questioning read my post hr ago. I'm only back in this thread due to the OP tagging me.

#2224 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: A familiar voice comes from the metal shard saying "You're stuck in jail, huh? Lucky for you I have men waiting outside to bust you out, as soon as you give them the signal, which is screaming for your dear life, but if they save you you're gonna ow me a favor, got it?" The voice is the werewolf's from earlier and the message seems to be pre-recorded.

#2225 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: @zetsumoto: Here's how I see it, if the argument is if the gun one shots it would either use fire or electricity, while Venom is weak to fire Archangel is not so he should be a able to tank a blast, and as for the lightning Ingenuity seems to have resistance to it plus the durability of both Venom and Archangel. So I do not think the gun one shots him, he should be blasted out of the sky and be injured but OHKOd? I doubt it.

#2227 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

@zetsumoto: @zetsumoto: Here's how I see it, if the argument is if the gun one shots it would either use fire or electricity, while Venom is weak to fire Archangel is not so he should be a able to tank a blast, and as for the lightning Ingenuity seems to have resistance to it plus the durability of both Venom and Archangel. So I do not think the gun one shots him, he should be blasted out of the sky and be injured but OHKOd? I doubt it.

Alright. How injured? Does he get hit by any of the follow up barrages? Does the symbiote survive the blast or did that get knocked off him?

#2228 Edited by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio
#2229 Posted by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: My characters have the ability to know and use whatever blast would be the most effective.

#2230 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: @zetsumoto:I'll just say fire, the blast knocks Legion down so you are unable to follow up, Venom gets ripped out of him, his skin is burnt and he is dazed.

#2231 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

@mr_ingenuity: @zetsumoto:I'll just say fire, the blast knocks Legion down so you are unable to follow up, Venom gets ripped out of him, his skin is burnt and he is dazed.

Since he was only 100 meters in the air, he couldn't have crashed more than 200 meters away.

I immediately toss Banshee my .50 Calibur rifle along with poisoned Ka'kari coated bullets. Via mind-link and telepathy, she should have no issues getting a lethal shot on the stunned Ingenuity. Alex can even resume his telepathic attack if necessary.

Effective sniping range is 900 meters and extends even further for experienced individuals. Bullets fly faster than sound and are invisible because the Ka'kari. He should have no method of detecting the shot before it hits him.

.50 calibur rifles can already punch through stone walls:

https://youtu.be/QsgwcDOGJQY?t=148

Even lesser powered firearms can go through several stone walls:

https://youtu.be/X0qgQoej5zE?t=96

The ka'kari can enhance the cutting power of objects to the level of going through stone like a hot knife through butter, and cancel regen:

Kylar brought some of the ka'kari to his fingertips, sharpened it into a claw, and tested it against the pillar. His fingers sank in like it was butter.

---

The ka'kari poured a dark liquid from his hand onto his sword. But then the liquid solidified as a thin sword. Kylar cut left and right and spider legs went flying. It wasn't like hacking through bone, he was shearing them off like butter. He dodged back, and the spider gathered its legs to itself, but this time, the stumps kept bleeding. They smoked and wouldn't allow new limbs to be grown there. It morphed back into the man with swords for arms, but now the wounds were on the man's chest, still flowing blood and smoking.

The poison can overpower regenerative abilities.

So yea. He should be dead.

As Banshee is doing that, I will go loot and execute Primez0ne (assuming James doesn't give me a very good reason not to kill him)

#2232 Posted by just_banter (11435 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: "So first he rejects owing me a favour and now he's trying to swing it the other way, huh? He sure is a cocky one." Using my senses (which you've seen feats for), I'll try to count up the number of people in the jail and get bearings for a basic layout of it. If there are any computers or electronics nearby I'll hack into them looking for anything useful (I'll show hacking feats if needed), such as a map of the prison or any other additional information. If I can help it I'd rather not owe him.

#2233 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: There are two other prisoners there (this is just a holding cell not a real prison) and you are able to hack the security cameras. You know the prison layoit now (just imagine a generic prison from medieval times with a dash of modern).

#2234 Edited by just_banter (11435 posts) - - Show Bio
#2235 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@educated: It is the mark of the chosen, you are blood bound and cannot harm any one with the mark. You now know that Ihanet can fly, is a cyborg with missile\gun hands and is really fast. The guards ask you why you want to know.

#2236 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio
#2237 Edited by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@high_noon: "Okay then, follow me." Warren then flies through the town and leads you inside an old building inside Axminister, at the building you see an old man and a giant mole beast, Warren tells you that, that man is his tracker he then gives the information you stole to the tracker and the trackers says that he will see what he can find.

#2238 Posted by SeaGod (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod said:

@major_hellstorm:alright cause I can still be injured just not by say a purely physical strike.

@arkbound

Mage thought for a few seconds and decided that since he didn't know much about this world and there might be actual gods he figured gaining such favor could be useful. "Theyish I believe I will help you since helping a god seems to be a smart move and us both being capable of using lightning makes us a good combo."He said. He then placed the copy ring on his finger and made a copy of his gun and turned both into swords. "Ready when you are," he stated and prepared himself for combat.

@arkbound bump

#2239 Posted by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: Also, don't forget we still have to finish up the final round of that mid tier tourney. Waiting on one more post from you and we can go to votes.

#2240 Posted by just_banter (11435 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm:Alright then. First things first I make it so that the security cameras role the last 20 seconds of footage on repeat. If people are walking around they'll probably notice but not for at least 20 seconds and probably a couple minutes (as I'm assuming the other prisoners are sitting instead of pacing). Past that:

Chapter 80

My strength is easily in the double digit ton range (he later starts chucking boulders that size rapidly, can show the feat but I figure this is evidence enough), so that combined with Jin's combat skill which allows him to use his hand as a blade should allow me to cut right through the bars. For further evidence, someone with a body that was physically weaker than mine by feats used the same technique to cut through someone who's body was 'as hard as steel'

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

The bars should drop pretty easily. Considering I only need to make a hole big enough for myself to fit through it should only take two cuts. I'll also catch the bars as they fall so that they don't make much noise. After that I go invisible and just sort of sneak out of there. With invisibility I'm, well, invisible, and additionally it takes Wolverine senses to even have a chance at detecting me, and Batman has gotten through worse without the aid of invisibility.

Batman (2016) #4

I think that speaks for itself.

Honestly, breaking out of a minimalistic prison should be a walk in the park

#2241 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: You are a free man. But know multiple entities will be after you once they know you are gone.

#2242 Posted by just_banter (11435 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: I'll keep my invisibility up, go finally buy my power (you know the one), and then make my way to the meeting place with the furry

#2243 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio
#2244 Posted by just_banter (11435 posts) - - Show Bio
#2245 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (13443 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm:

Minor Advenament 9

Legion will know they are on to them between being shot and telepathy. By being only dazed means he is conscious. Legion will fly away at top speed & if it's allowed they'll double their stats.

Archangel can accelerate to mach speed on short notice. WIth that nothing would stand in his way plowing through everything.

Get's X-23 clear of a blast while at ground zero

Goes from flying alongside humvees to flying alongside a jet after it had passed him

He doesn't need to worry about the symbiote since it is bonded to him, allowing them to find one another across a cities. Even weakened the symbiote can posses a nearby bird, wolf, or bear to regroup.

These scan show that Eddie and the symbiote where not even in the same city when it tracked Eddie down.

Possessing a gorilla to get to Flash.

Even a piece of the symbiote can track itself down, which mean some remaining parts would be in Legion.

No Caption Provided

Mr Negative healing power converting the remeanits of the Venom Symbiote (in eddie's bloodstream) to Anti-Venom.

No Caption Provided

#2246 Posted by Arkbound (1469 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod:

Mage thought for a few seconds and decided that since he didn't know much about this world and there might be actual gods he figured gaining such favor could be useful. "Theyish I believe I will help you since helping a god seems to be a smart move and us both being capable of using lightning makes us a good combo."He said. He then placed the copy ring on his finger and made a copy of his gun and turned both into swords. "Ready when you are," he stated and prepared himself for combat.

Theyish growled in a low guttural snarl as his lips peeled back from his teeth

"It is Cu who would seek a ritual companion Mage, not I! He is the one that needs summons and servants to aid in his battles, I need no such assistance. If this were not a meeting of two observers of Krea then I might welcome your assistance. The order of observers could always use another, but don't mistake that for me wanting your company stranger"

Cu looked between Theyish and Mage and decided that his odds were getting less and less favorable. The mage was surprisingly willing to fight after first supporting a more peaceful resolution that Cu was counting on, and knowing Theyish he might start blowing apart the street at any moment. It was time for an escape.

Summoning a few more Jade warriors, Cu shoots the distracted Theyish in the knee limiting his mobility before turning to flee with surprising speed.

"No you dont!"

Theyish roars before activating what appeared to be white glphy's incircling the ground beneath his feat. With a roar Theyish launched himself in the air, up and over the jade summons, giving chase on all four after the fleeting Cu Gulf

TL;DR

Mage is faced with six jade warriors, an escaping Cu, and an hindered (but not badly injured) Theyish who is giving pursuit

Jade Summons Feats

No Caption Provided
  • They are fairly hardy, they can act autonomously or be given instructions, and they feed what they see back to their summoner

Weiss "Magic Jump" feat

No Caption Provided
  • There are quite a few, this is just the first appearance. Theyish uses this to hurdle over the wall of 6 Jade Monsters and pursuit Cu

#2247 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: I edit the OP for character ugrades anyway, lol.

Anyway you get to the meeting place and fin

d the Werewolf waiting there, beside him is a man in a weird techie armor. The Werewolf says "I thought you would never show up, sheesh."

#2248 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto:

@major_hellstorm:

Minor Advenament 9

Legion will know they are on to them between being shot and telepathy. By being only dazed means he is conscious. Legion will fly away at top speed & if it's allowed they'll double their stats.

Archangel can accelerate to mach speed on short notice. WIth that nothing would stand in his way plowing through everything.

Goes from flying alongside humvees to flying alongside a jet after it had passed him

He doesn't need to worry about the symbiote since it is bonded to him, allowing them to find one another across a cities. Even weakened the symbiote can posses a nearby bird, wolf, or bear to regroup.

These scan show that Eddie and the symbiote where not even in the same city when it tracked Eddie down.

Even a piece of the symbiote can track itself down, which mean some remaining parts would be in Legion.

No Caption Provided

Mr Negative healing power converting the remeanits of the Venom Symbiote (in eddie's bloodstream) to Anti-Venom.

No Caption Provided

#2249 Posted by SeaGod (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

@arkbound: Mage watched in strange fascination of his simple arrival having caused the battle to go like this. He decided he was better off not chasing the two though he figured no harm in taking out the fodder. He turned his swords back into guns and shot the summons followed by putting on his grow ring and increasing the size of his arm to do some smashing.

No Caption Provided

#2250 Edited by Zetsumoto (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering you got so "dazed" that you fell out of the sky and crash landed, it sounds like you are way too disoriented to just take off right away. Sure you're technically concious, but everything should be ringing, you should be an extreme pain, your senses should be overloaded. But I'll leave that ruling up to MH. If he sides with you and says you can activate your double stat ability and fly in the opposite direction, I can't really do much about that.

As for venom, Hell-storm very explicitly said that it was "dead". So... Yea... You lost him. NVM I miss-read that.

Even if there's a piece lying around somewhere, Banshee can go ahead and shoot it with the Ka'kari to prevent it from regenerating.

@major_hellstorm said:

@zetsumoto:

@mr_ingenuity said:

@major_hellstorm:

Minor Advenament 9

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided