OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By OldKaiser

@major_hellstorm: @blackestnight93:

Anna picked up her bird in one hand. She lifted him closer to her face.

"Pollito, I need you to call that man over."

He turned his head, almost inquisitively.

"You don't need to worry about me, okay? I'll be looking for a room."

He cooed before taking off in a flurry of feathers.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By Vertigo-

Minor Advancement:

While conversing with the shop owner, I notice a pigeon almost signalling to me, following it, it takes me to Kaiser, On my guard, ready to turn invisible at a moment, since I know this is the guy with the special eyes, i ask him "why'd you have your bird call me over".

@major_hellstorm@youngkaiser

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: You find many places looking for skilled laborers. The highest paying job that you find is a rich couple willing to pay 100 gp to anyone who can find their kid. If you accept the job you will know how the kid looks and sounds like (using a gramophone).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: "You seriously have no idea where you are?" The girls asks astounded. "Well, let me be the first to introduce you to Elizabeth town. Population 200."

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Just_Banter

@major_hellstorm: Screw it, changing to first person. I keep autopilot writing "I" instead of "He" and it's annoying me.

I listen in on the rich couple talking about their child and my eyes light up. "Perfect." I make my way over towards them and introduce myself with a handshake and a bow. "I promise you, I will be able to locate your child and bring him back unharmed," I say with a warm smile. After examining the picture of the boys face and listening to his voice, I close my eyes as my robotics kick into life and get to work.

Feats:

I have the perfect scan for this actually.

Tracks someone across a city - Chapter 24

For context, he'd seen the guys face once, and he was in a secret yakuza hide out a full city length away (full 10+ kilometres). Despite this, he's still easily tracked down. Basically, after I've seen a face, unless there's cloaking involved or something (simply due to not having feats of tracking people with it more than anything), I can casually track you down. There also was't any tech in the yakuza base, so he did not track through hacking.

After finding his location, I start to head towards him, but despite this being a seemingly simple mission, I don't let my guard down. If this is a rich family, there's potential that this is a kidnapping. "Gu, scout over towards his location. Come back if it looks dangerous," I say, as Gu leaps off my shoulder and soars high above.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#156 darthjhawk  Moderator

Not sure if you saw this

@major_hellstorm:

Minor Advancement #3:

Equipping his gear along the way. Shadowpact asks the guard, if he knows the location of the nearest town/settlement. From there, Shadowpact will learn more about this world and its people and eventually himself.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: since I'm a dumbass and never read the OP on the thread carefully enough, I didn't know we get two perks. I though we were limited to one. So, can I go ahead and get the stat boost perk for my second perk. I straight up missed it

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: @blackestnight93:

Pollito flew back to his roost on her right shoulder. She petted the bird before turning to him.

"Pollito here doesn't seem scared of you, so don't do anything we end up regretting."

The young lady pushed her glasses upward. She examined him, assessed what she could tell of his strength and personality.

"I'm what you call a tracker. A real good one, for that matter. You know what this means?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: Sorry. I did miss it (I felt like I missed something).

The guard points you to Axminster the town near the capital.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minor Advancement

As a matter of fact, I do, glasses-girl. And you've got guts for calling me here. I respect that. You've clearly got something you wanna tell me, go ahead and get it off your chest.

@youngkaiser@major_hellstorm

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I also scanned my surroundings with my heightened senses BTW.

@zetsumoto: "You seriously have no idea where you are?" The girls asks astounded. "Well, let me be the first to introduce you to Elizabeth town. Population 200."

Two hundred? The town was bit smaller than I had hoped. I thought back to what the king had told me earlier. If I were to compete with other contestants I'd need resources and connections. If I were to become king, I'd also need a detailed understanding of this world's politics and economy. If this kingdom is anything like the one back home, the thieves guild would be the best way to achieve both goals.

"I don't suppose there's anywhere I could find some... Lucrative work?" I asked.

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: You find the kid in a warehouse right outside the town near the capitol. Since you were cautious you are able to stop and see the 3 thugs outside the warehouse on look out, you are also able to here two more thugs inside as well as a bear of some sort.

The thugs have SWAT team level physicals, Tommy guns and a knife. They are seem to be ex-construction workers judging by their cloths.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: There is not much to hear, but seem to people think you are weird.

"Not here." The girl replies, " I would know cause I have been looking for work the entire week. But I hear that Axminister city is offering more jobs, that is actually where I was headed before I saw you, do you wanna go with me?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Zetsu-San

@major_hellstorm said:

@zetsumoto: There is not much to hear, but seem to people think you are weird.

"Not here." The girl replies, " I would know cause I have been looking for work the entire week. But I hear that Axminister city is offering more jobs, that is actually where I was headed before I saw you, do you wanna go with me?"

I think about it for a moment. With this competition going, I'd have a target on my back. Can I trust her? Given her behavior, it's unlikely she'd betray me without reason. The real question however, is whether she'd be able to handle herself in a fight. The last thing I need right now, is someone I'd have to babysit and it also wouldn't be right to put her in danger.

I should start by getting a better idea of who she is. I thought to myself.

I immediately looked into her eyes. The best way to learn about a person's capabilities, is by knowing the sins they have committed.

Ka'kari being used to see sins:

"Two soldiers chatted instead of walking their patrol routes froze at the sights. The first one was a relative innocent. In the other's eyes, Kylar could see that the man had accused a miller of witchcraft because he wanted the man's wife."

Also with my skillset, I should be very good at reading facial expressions and body-language in general.

Here Kylar predicts someone's attacks before they happen, simply by reading his facial expressions (Kylar learned everything he knows from the vastly more experienced Durzo)

"Just by looking at a man's face, he could judge instantly: parry left, hesitate, lunge, clear."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: You see no sins worth noting but there are times where she used magic. She blushes as you look into her eyes and says "Wh-what is it? SI there something on my face?" while she rubs her face.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Elemental, but air specifically. You aren't able to see any demonstrations of power, mostly because she uses the magic purely to play tricks on people. (You could always ask her).

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Zetsu-San

@major_hellstorm:

I gave her a reassuring smile. "Very well then. I'll take you up on your offer." I said, getting to my feet.

I wasn't happy about putting her in danger, but I suppose travelling together for a short while wouldn't do any harm. Plus, I was curious about that magic I saw in my visions. None the less, I should probably inform her of my... situation.

But before that...

"You have magical talent... don't you?" I asked. "I happen to dabble in magic myself, perhaps we can show each other a few tricks along the way."

Edit:

I'll be on constant alert during our travels. You have already seen my heightened senses feats. Durzo is highly observant. It's part of his job description. Here he notices he is being followed:

Whoever was following Gaelan, he was good. Very good. But Gaelan had options. The hunted always had options, and Gaelan's futures spun out as simply as the different men he's been over the last 680 years. Different men, different choices, different futures, splitting...

(Note: Durzo has gone by many names over the centuries. Gaelan is one of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: She smiles when you say that you are joining her but becomes flustered when you mention her magic"Umm, yeah I can use magic, mostly for healing but I also have this wand my grandfather gave me which can shooter beams of fire/ice/water, create elemental whips and manipulate air. I never used it in combat though. But how did you know that I could use magic?"

(Do you want her character profile?)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: You leave the shop but it is only half past 7 PM you still have a lot of time.

Well, I'll just sit on an alley somewhere and wait till it's midnight, I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: From the alley way you notice people rushing into their homes and more guards patrolling. When the clock strikes 11 you start walking towards the capitol building, the closer you get the darker things get. Once you arrive at the building (which looks more like a castle), it almost looks pitch black, save for the dining hall. Before you can get in however a guard stops you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: I show him the letter I received.

"Hey, someone here wants to talk with me. My name is Jugema Jugema Ga-Kâ-na-Surikire Kaijari-suigya na Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokora ni Sumu Tokora Yaburakōji na Burakōji Paipa Paipa Paipa na Shūringan Shūringan na Gūrindai Gūrindai na Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuka, but you can call me Malakoi do Hebraico.

Do you know who is it that sent me here?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: The guard shines a light on your letter, then he stares at you and says "Are you joking? This letter is anonymous. The king of Darkness is the only one of note inside and he surely does not want to be bothered by the likes of you.,"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: "Look dude, I've been sitting in a damn alley for 5 hours just waiting so I can whoever the hell sent me this letter. Okay, I've already been teleported to this crap city and had to endure that King Gilgamexposition monologue, so I'm really not in the mood for this.

Just let me talk with whoever runs this place."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: The guard raises his weapon and another guard appears beside him (they are not normal city guards) with his weapon raised "Alright that is enough out of you." The guard says but before he could move the door behind him swings open and a voice says "Ah, just the person I wanted to speak to. Move out of the way simpleton, we have a guest." You can see the dining hall's lights but you don't see who spoke or threw opened the door.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Man, I was just planning in beating them and invading the place. What a mood killer. XD

"Alright, I guess."

She looks at the guards and whispers, "Special guest, biatch . . ."

Then walks in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: Inside the dining hall you see a man eating a steak at the edge of a long table. As you come in he greets you and says"Hello Ms Jugema Jugema Ga-Kâ-na-Surikire Kaijari-suigya na Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokora ni Sumu Tokora Yaburakōji na Burakōji Paipa Paipa Paipa na Shūringan Shūringan na Gūrindai Gūrindai na Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuk, it is a pleasure to meet you. Come, sit and have lunch or in your case a late dinner."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: She sits down and begins to talk to him.

"Alright, from what I could get you're the King here, correct? I've already met a guy with golden armor who claimed to be the king, and he said there'd be a fight to see who'll be the next king. So, who exactly is in charge here?

Regardless, what exactly do you want from me?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: "Yes, I am the King of Darkness." he says as he wipes the corner of his mouth "I will briefly explain what is going on. There are two main kingdoms in this world, Aurum and the Kingdom of the Red. Asides from that there is an alliance of 20 lords and ladies who each rule little cities, together they are known as the Council of 20. Those are the 3 main factions and I am the fourth, I rule over darkness, so every time you turn off the lights you are in my domain. Now the fight to chose the next king is more like the fight to choose who will rule over the 4 factions, to keep the peace between them, as I am sure my brother told you, things haven't been very peaceful recently." The King of Darkness then sips on his wine and says "As for what I want from you, there is nothing to say. I just wanted to meet the only person who willingly joined this tournament."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: "Rén yǒng wēi xiǎn hù guó bǎo mín jīngchéng suījìng yì zàn xuāndé zhōngyì shénwǔ guān shèng dàdì sent me here to take a look at what's happening. Never wanted to join any tournament. Don't even know how I ended up knocked out in the middle of the desert".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: "Well that's boring. You probably ended up here thanks to my brother's artifacts. Anyway, I have places to be, you can stay in one of the rooms her for tonight." He then steps into a shadow portal and says "Goodluck on the tournament, although I should say that have seen some of the other faction leaders contacting the competitors to support them, so do keep your eye out" The King of Darkness then vanishes leaving you alone in the dining hall.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: "Man, what a waste of time . . .", she thought.

"Well, gotta make up for the time lost". She walks out of the hall and through the main gate and sees if she can find the guards. If she can, she'll try to see what kind of weapons they're carrying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: You really want to fight those guards. Lol.

You find both guards waiting by the entrance. Both are wearing heavy armor and wielding a huge shield and an axe. One of them is carrying a potion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 darthjhawk  Moderator

@major_hellstorm: Minor advancement #4

Shadowpact thanked the guard and raced towards Axminister as fast as he could, but keeping a steady pace. After a short time, Shadowpact finally arrived.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Chronicplane

Minor Advancement: part 3

You find out that there was a citizen who knows about the tournament from some guards, you also learn that the guards and people are preparing for the coming of the king of Darkness. You find some horses you can steal.

I walk up to the horses and jump on one of them in order to use for transport, while remain cloaked I set of to the next closest town/village also to track down my enemies.

@major_hellstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: The owner of the horse tries to chase you down, assuming that the horse just went wild. Also you are already in a town, DarthJHawk just arrived there as well.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 darthjhawk  Moderator

@major_hellstorm: For now I look for a town market, hopefully looking to find some more equipment or learn some new skills.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: The town market sells real word gear and food.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: "Hey, bye. Tell your boss I couldn't stay more, but I thank him for his hospitality".

While she passes by, she'll quietly whisper "Steal", targeting the guard's potion.

"“Alright, let’s try the skill I recommend the most, ‘Steal’. This was a skill that can snatch away one item possessed by the target, it could be anything. Be it the weapon gripped tightly in their hands, or the wallet secured deep in their pockets, it can steal one item possessed by the target. The probability of success is dependent on the luck stat. You could rob the weapon or treasure of a strong enemy and run, a great skill to have under any circumstances.”

After Chris recovered from the dizziness of being rolled around in a barrel, she explained ‘Steal’ to me.

Stealing sounded very useful indeed.

And it was dependent on the luck stat, so my only stat that is high would be of use.

“I will demonstrate with you as the target! Ready, ‘Steal’!”

Chris shouted as she reached her hand forward, and a small item appeared in her hand.

That is…

“Ah! That’s my wallet!”

It contained all of my cash, a thin and pitiful wallet."

Gifting-Volume 1-Chapter 2.

Unless they're focused on the potion, they shouldn't be able to notice that she took it. I assume it's on his pocket.

After it appears on her hand, she'll hide it under her clothes as fast as she can. Unless they have superhuman speed, they shouldn't even be able to see her hand moving, can post feats if needed. Even if they can see it, they shouldn't be able to notice what happened unless they already suspect I'd do it (Don't see why they would). The idea is for them to not even notice that she took it until she's far away.

Then she'll calmly walk out of there, heading to the Trading Post, and inspect the potion to learn what it does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: "Whatever" the guard replies. You are able to steal a health potion unnoticed. If you are injured and drink it, it will temporarily give you Deadpool's healing factor to heal your wounds, it will not over heal you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers