Avatar image for red_ruby_petal
#301 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8262 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

As usual, she tries to think independently with no concern for teamplay. Luckily for her she is extremely swift and powerful in her own right.

feats: stats

bullet timing
bullet timing
carries a railgun, that no regular human can carry
carries a railgun, that no regular human can carry

skill:

can ricochet bullets
can ricochet bullets
shoots so fast before they can draw
shoots so fast before they can draw

She can easily try to subdue the beast herself, she thinks. Its at a disadvantage because she has range, and she can easily shoot all the heads before any human could even notice she shot several bullets combined with her accuracy. And that just leaves the medusa head, so it isn't quite dead yet.

The only problem is....... it doesn't have any legs, so its going to be hard to slow it down without shooting too many bullets killing it, she thought.

Jane: Well it seems like its only method of attack are the arms and its head, and I can shoot them down. What exactly can you do?

Asking that question hurt her pride.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#303 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (13004 posts) - - Show Bio

NPC Conversations/Responses/Answers

Melvin & Jack & Jokul (@floopay / @mylittlefascist / @jacthripper )

An update on your situation:

  • Jack is able to steal the tarot cards. They appear to be regular cards.
  • Melvin declines the Barkeeps offer. He leaves the tavern and is able to find Merlin and the rest of the class leaving the castle and joins them. (I feel like this is what you wanted to do, Floopay?)
  • Jack inquires about the job. Jokul does as well.

Bing, bang, boom.

The Engineering Class (@patriotbear / @supremegeneration / @boschepg / @mr_ingenuity)

An update on your situation:

  • Y'all get attacked by some haywire robots.
  • Olivia attacks; she hacks 2 of them before their firewall prevents further hacking attempts.
  • Olivia uses the 2 she has hacked to take down 2 of them (2 are hacked; 2 are being killed by those hacked)
  • Olivia fights another by herself.
  • Arfunta goes invisible and begins blasting at some robots w/Darkness Ammo.
  • Sting uses his bomb generation to bombard the robots.
  • Solomon becomes invisible to technology due to his T-Mask. Picks up a fallen robots weapon; uses it to begin attacking the others.
  • Olivia and Sting have a bit of a... tiff.

Bing, bang, boom.

Ryan & Misty & V (@just_banter)

An update on your situation:

  • You've assaulted the birds and attempted to apprehend them. You will be notified if it was successful in the next advancement.

Bing, bang, boom.

Chemistry Class (@major_hellstrom)

An update on your situation:

  • BADASS heads to the North tunnel. You will be notified on what happens in the next advancement.

Bing, bang, boom.

Physical Education Class (@red_ruby_petal / @warlockmage)

An update on your situation:

  • Jim and AJ fight against Tinn. You will be notified if it was a successful encounter in the next Advancement.
  • Jane asks Brandon what he can do. He immediately displays the ability to generate darkness; both from himself and from a ring on his finger. His profile on the first page is updated with his powers and abilities. If you need anything from me, shoot me a PM.

Bing, bang, boom.

Anatomy Class (@batatest)

An update on your situation:

  • George, Sid and AJ begin to hold off the corrupted anti-bodies; they make their way to the brain stem to try and target a weak point. You will be notified if it was successful in the next advancement.

Bing, bang, boom.

History Class (@totallynotjucas / @gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps)

An update on your situation:

  • Fluffy jumps into the hole in the ground that was discovered.
  • Keimusho asks the rest what they plan on doing.

Bing, bang, boom.

Combat/Firearms/Melee Weapons Class (@lunacyde / @sonsofalchemy / @primez0ne)

An update on your situation:

  • Barda and Saga make it to point B and begin to infiltrate the castle fortress. You will be updated on any foes or challenges in the next advancement.
  • Jack and Ringo team up with the strike teams (Yankee / Zealot / Foxtrot) to assault point Alpha.
  • Sgt. Buzzsaw and his soldiers join the fray; inspired by the heroics of the young students. They have no special powers, they are ordinary WWII soldiers.

Bing, bang, boom.

Post Reminders

If you haven't posted, reminder that the deadline is tomorrow (Wednesday 2/27) at 12:00 PM EST.

Thanks, all!

(If I didn't respond to a question or missed an advancement piece, let me know!)

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#304 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12007 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: PatriotBear asked if their character received any information from a back on a dead robot.

Avatar image for mr_ingenuity
#305 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14715 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: The Robots solomon destroys shouldn't be heavily damaged as he's only attacking their batter and not their brain. It would make for info can be gathered after the battle which solomon would have interest in.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#306 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (13004 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: PatriotBear asked if their character received any information from a back on a dead robot.

I responded to him a PM, thanks though!

@thetruebarryallen: The Robots solomon destroys shouldn't be heavily damaged as he's only attacking their batter and not their brain. It would make for info can be gathered after the battle which solomon would have interest in.

Noted.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#307 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31818 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for seagod
#308 Posted by SeaGod (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for jacthripper
#309 Posted by Jacthripper (15006 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

I watched my classmates leave. Do I take the quest? I needed every opportunity to get stronger. I leapt to the counter and made eye contact with the bartender. "That job. I'll take care of it for you."

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#310 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31818 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Actually, is it too late to retcon? I kind of feel like my character would look more into the job.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#311 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (13004 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Actually, is it too late to retcon? I kind of feel like my character would look more into the job.

Retcon aHOY!

@seagod said:

@thetruebarryallen: so I don't get a response for my post?

(If I didn't respond to a question or missed an advancement piece, let me know!)

^^^^^

This isn't an advancement, if you're in Engineering and you're shooting at the robots then all I'd do is add that you're shooting at the robots. This post was more for me to keep track of who has done what so far.

Avatar image for seagod
#312 Posted by SeaGod (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#313 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (13004 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod said:

@thetruebarryallen: well I did send AJ to get help.

Then I would simply add that she went for help.

All you had to do was say that I forgot something instead of framing it like I was intentionally not updating you.

Avatar image for seagod
#314 Posted by SeaGod (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: sorry I broke up with my gf yesterday and I've had a killer headache for a few days so a bit quick to anger right now.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#315 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31818 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

I watched my classmates leave. Do I take the quest? I needed every opportunity to get stronger. I leapt to the counter and made eye contact with the bartender. "That job. I'll take care of it for you."

"Well, looks like we might be partners then. I'm interested in what this job entails as well." I said.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#316 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18040 posts) - - Show Bio

Wut. But my post said I was heading north already.

Avatar image for lunacyde
#317 Edited by Lunacyde (28306 posts) - - Show Bio

“A trouble shared is a trouble halved”

“Go”, shots rang out into the air as Jack leapt over the barricades and out into the open. “This better work” he mumbled hoping Ringo would do his part. Calmly he gathered himself and began walking towards his opponent. In front of him he saw his target standing tall and proud, all around him units were leaping for what little cover there was, some dropping dead as bullets penetrated their flesh. Still, the enormous mountain of a man refused to flinch. Jack's strides were calm and measured, he began to whistle as he strode forward. To the left he saw the sphere of darkness clinging tightly around the sharpshooter, blinding him to Ringo's approach. Even further to the left he could see the AJ clones engaging the armored leader in a deadly game of cat and mouse.

“Hey fatty” he called, drawing a quizzical shake of his opponent’s head as he approached. “S%^&”, Jack grumbled realizing that his enemy could likely not speak English. Definitely a tactical error on his part. It's a lot harder to distract your opponent with witty banter when they can’t understand what you’re saying. “YOU” Jack yelled, pointing directly at his opponent before puffing out his cheeks and grabbing his own stomach. He pantomimed the idea of being fat to the best of his ability, emphatically holding his hands out in from of him as if he were resting them on a giant imaginary stomach, then moving them in unison as he swiveled to the left and right.

In response his masked opponent stomped on the ground calling boulders forth from the Earth, and sending them hurtling his way with a mighty kick. Jack sidestepped the first nonchalantly, casually ducking and weaving between the second and the third. “That all you have?” He called mockingly. Suddenly minigun bullets tore through the air as Jack dove behind cover. “Come on, fight me like a man” He called from the other side. The juggernaut let out a yell before pouring more bullets in Jack’s direction. “Alright, you want to play with guns huh?” Jack drew Margot from his belt quicker than the eye could follow, letting off a single shot before re-holstering the revolver. The minigun burst into flames, hellfire enveloping it and causing the soldier to drop it.

Noticeably pissed the ogre charged, yelling something indecipherable to Jack’s ears. Again at ease Jack popped out and resumed walking toward the charging behemoth. He placed his hand upon his guns to make his opponent believe he would try to shoot him, a bit of misdirection. The enemy drew uncomfortably close and every hard earned bit of his intuition screamed at him to move, but he lingered a moment more. At the last second Jack dodged to the side of his opponent’s surprisingly dexterous attack, slinging the revolver in his hand faster than the eye could follow. He underestimated the big fellow’s quickness, but nonetheless managed to bring his left hand across the stranger’s helmet, whipping it with the blunt end of the gun’s handle. THUDD. “Sh^#” Jack muttered as he leapt backwards away from his opponent’s counter, which missed generously. “No dice”, he taunted returning his guns to their holsters. The bear of a man swung with tremendous force, his tree trunk arm missing Jack as he nimbly ducked bringing his trench shovel up to meet the swinging arm just above the elbow. The tool shuddered as impact was made, nearly breaking. “Too slow” SLITCH. Blood spurted from the fresh wound as the sharp edge of the tool severed the tendon. The arm went limp. Jack had seen the attack coming, allowing him to know just where to place the shovel blade, using his opponent’s own strength against him. He moved nimbly to the side, hoping to take advantage of the injury he had just inflicted. “Damn am I good”, he mused aloud.

Something wasn’t right though. Instead of hanging uselessly to his side the arm reached out to grab him with alarming speed. Without the little forewarning he had it might have connected. As it was he ducked low again, SPLURTCH this time slashing at the back on his opponent’s knee as he moved past the giant and into his blind spot. The shovel shattered on impact, but not before inflicting a nasty gash. The leg buckled dropping the hulking man to a knee as thick red blood streamed from the wound. “You just don’t want to go down do you?” he taunted realizing the man must have some sort of healing factor. He stood back, letting his opponent heal before continuing his attack. Time was his friend.

The injured man lingered a second longer before climbing back to his feet. Jack could barely make out a muffled laugh from the enemy soldier, followed by a quick series of skilled punches. Jack avoided them easily, leveraging his superior speed and agility to dodge each attack before it was launched. “It’s a damn good thing I’m faster than you”, Jack spat as he brought his fist into the side of the towering man's head. it was a futile effort, but at least he was keeping the guy's attention. More laughing. Jack's opponent went on the offensive again with a series of well planned strikes. “You’re pretty damn good for a big guy.” It was true, had he not known where the man was going to strike he might not have avoided the blows. Now Jack took the initiative pressing his attack, then falling back again and again. He would dodge when necessary, attacking when his speed allowed him to take advantage of an opening. He landed a few punches, but nothing much seemed to phase the solid mass of muscle he was fighting.

The sound of gunfire had slowed and faded as the basic units were thinned out by successive volleys of lead from AJ, Napoleon, and the allied soldiers. It was in this lull that Jack could hear the clang of Ringo's fist against the leader's armor and the sound of distant fighting like a low murmur. Just then he thought he heard the twang of Napoleon’s voice, just loud enough to be heard over the low pulse of battle. “A trouble shared is a trouble halved” The crack of a gunshot split the relative peace, a cursed bullet hurtling through the air. Jack, seeing its trajectory leaned to the side, plunging his fist as hard as he could into the soldier’s kidney. The bullet struck its mark and soon flesh rotting disease radiated out from the wound. “Ash to ash and dust to dust” he heard Napoleon say giddily. The doomed soldier spat and hissed, the words coming from under his helmet unintelligible. The healing factor seemed to have stalled the rot as it spread further from the wound, but a second shot pierced the exposed heart, bursting it into a pulp of shredded meat. “YES!” AJ celebrated. “Just….like....laser tag.” The pained hulk of a man slumped to the ground as a geyser of blood erupted from his chest. Jack kicked the corpse hard with the toe of his boot. "Heal from that".

Moderator
Avatar image for patriotbear
#318 Edited by PatriotBear (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration@boschepg@mr_ingenuity@thetruebarryallen

Olivia brought her fist down angrily on the fallen android’s skull deforming it slightly and leaving an indent in the shape of her fist. “Damnit. I got nothing.” She turned to face the others. “Whoever did this is good, all they left in the memory banks was a taunt.”

Avatar image for sonsofalchemy
#319 Edited by SonsOfAlchemy (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Ringo dropped the orb of darkness perfectly upon Unit 1B and now he would take him down, brutally. Without his sight the gunfighter would be at a disadvantage. Ringo pushed himself to the limit, as fast as possible... it was time to impress the instructors. He wasted no time approaching his prey, coming in with the big guns so to speak. The marksman fired in his general direction. Impressive….he must be able to shoot blind. Good to know. He dodged the shots with relative ease landing a quick series of strikes, and then drawing his knife along the back side of the gunman's shooting thumb making useless. The opponent tried his best to block, but it was to no avail. His body would have been screaming by now, the nerve strikes Ringo landed causing intense pain and tingling. His opponent came with another punch, slightly awkward with the blindness. Ringo countered, catching the punch with his cybernetic arm, pulling down and counterpunching with the other. His opponent staggered back trying to gain his wits. Seemingly startled his opponent tried to use some kind of speed burst, but being blinded he missed with his punch, allowing Ringo to slash at the back of his shoulder. The opponent tried to turn and use another burst of speed, but Ringo would not give the chance, he swept his leg up and around connecting with a powerful roundhouse that sent the shooter flying. He tried to get up ...no time Ringo was there plunging his knife into his opponent’s exposed shoulder blade. In quick succession there was a karate chop to the back of his neck, the knife slipped back out covered in blood before it was thrust through the neck. Using the knife he pinned his opponent to the ground and began punching him repeatedly until he was stunned, blood rolling down his face. Finally he gripped the knife tighty, using it to sever his opponent’s spinal cord.

Having finished that he ran over to help the AJs fight Unit 1A. They didn’t seem to be able to do much to him, their weapons too weak to inflict serious damage. Still, they utilized remarkable teamwork to keep him on his toes. Their apparent strength disadvantage nullified by their speed and teamwork. This is a great opportunity Ringo thought, slinking up behind the target as he battled on with the two girls. Suddenly he reached out, grabbing his opponent’s helmet with his cybernetic arm and unleashing a localized EMP directly into his armor. Instantly he reefed on the helmet tearing it from his opponent’s head. AJ jumped into action attacking his exposed head with her weapon so that he had to counter and giving Ringo another opening. A full-blown haymaker to his temple sent the boss skidding like a tossed pebble. The AJs attacked again, them backed off, Ringo’s turn, he swung his bionic arm with another haymaker, but this time 1A blocked, then he attacked sensing Ringo was the greatest threat. Ringo dodged each punch, the short-circuited suit slowed him down, but he still had the strength of an elephant. Better to dodge then block in this case. Ringo used his speed advantage to avoid each incoming attack, then countered back with a spinning kick that he caught, tossing Ringo to the ground. One AJ jumped on his back, putting him in a headlock, while the other went for his head. Grabbing the one he ripped her off, tossing her aside like a rag doll, turning to the other and backhanding her to the ground. But this gave Ringo the opening he needed so he reached in and grabbed the boss’ neck, shooting an electrical current directly through his body. He staggered for a moment before Ringo plunged the knife through his eye, the fighter falling limp.

TL;DR

Ringo wiped out the Unit 1B Sniper, then helped the AJ's take down the boss Unit 1A.

Explanation.

I don’t think this requires much explanation. With similar bodies Daniel Rand is going to destroy a blinded Deadshot/Widowmaker, he’s one of the best martial artists in the Marvel Universe. The speed bursts should be pretty much useless since he's blinded and we're in close-quarters combat where I can't find any feats for either of the skill sets being blinded.

The fight against Ult. Cap is going to be more difficult given his strength advantage and tactical abilities, but being able to surprise him and short-circuit his suit evens the odds. From there its just wearing him down for that killing blow. Again, I outclass him in fighting skill and I have both AJs to help. They should be able to be enough of a nuisance to give me an opening to electrocute him, which in turn will slow him down enough I can just stab him. The AJs should have no trouble keeping up, I can provide scans of them avoiding faster opponents than Ult. Cap.

Obligatory feats.

Orbs of Darkness

No Caption Provided

Seeing in the Darkness + Blindfighting

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Enhanced senses

No Caption Provided

Speed and Bullet Reacting

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Bionic Arm Strength and EMP/Electrical Burst

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Avatar image for pipxeroth
#320 Posted by Pipxeroth (9376 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen@jotun

3 discount Wolverines trying to beat a slightly bigger discount Wolverine

As the beast emerged from the ground and slowly began walking towards the group, Trevor instructed Moose to move to the left and Arthur to the right of Sally in an attempt to surround it. Without a trace of fear, Trevor sprinted forward suddenly and punched Sally directly on the top of the head, a decision which he immediately regretted as he felt the pain spread throughout his hand. Sally's entire top half was covered by a thick layer of metal, not unlike his own bones, and it was certainly just as strong.

"Alright, attacking the top half isn't a good id-" Trevor was cut off as Sally swiped its paw into his abdomen suddenly, the claws creating huge gashes in Trevor's stomach and sending him tumbling back towards the doors of the pit.

"...ouch. As I was saying," Trevor rose to his feet, nonchalantly wiping dirt and blood from his body revealing his wounds to already be entirely healed, "don't go for the top half. Try the legs or something."

Arthur gave a quick nod and dashed in at a speed that surprised and possibly even surpassed Trevor's; certainly, no ordinary human would be able to see it, and the ground on which Arthur initially stood was now ever so slightly cracked from the force of his charge. Even if the beast was looking directly at Arthur it would not have been able to react, and so he succeeded in slashing at both of Sally's hind legs. The beast roared louder and swung its tail towards Arthur, but he deftly avoided it and quickly moved back out of range, while noticing that Sally's wounds had already healed.

"T appears yond this beast hast the same festinate healing abilities yond thee and i both possesseth!" shouted Arthur. Trevor grumbled slightly - not only did Sally have a thick coat of armour as strong as his own bones, but it also shared the same increased rate of healing. Moose also went for an attack, three long claws on either hand sliding out and stabbing Sally in the belly, but it was similarly as ineffective as Alucard's attempts, though unlike the pale man he didn't dodge out of the way of Sally's tail and was sent flying into the nearby wall. Trevor was nervous for a moment for the health of his teammate, but Moose immediately stood back up and Trevor noticed that his wounds were also healing extremely fast.

Trevor once again started shouting to the rest of the group, "Great, by the looks of it all four of us could just keep fighting for the rest of day and go home totally unharmed. As fun as that sounds, if we spend all day in here the teachers will probably fail us, so let's not try and do that. Not only is attacking the top half pointless, but any actual damage we do to the bottom half just gets healed immediately, s our best bet is to try and overpower and incapacitate it. Follow my lead."

He moved in close and beckoned his teammates to do the same, this time taking care not to be sent flying again by the beast. Sally continued to turn frantically as it was surrounded by the three, but this time everyone was taking care to avoid being hit. When he saw the opportunity, Trevor dashed in underneath, kicked the hind legs inwards to trip Sally while tackling it forwards, resulting in it being flipped on its back. Moose and Arthur both rushed in to help as they now tried to keep the beast restrained; Trevor held down the tail and hind legs with an expertly performed grapple manoeuvre that allowed him to maximise his strength, while Arthur and Moose held down the front end of the beast and continued to savage it in the hopes that the pain they were causing would prevent it from breaking out of the team's hold - and they were correct. It struggled for several minutes, and there were multiple times where the team thought they might lose their grip, but eventually, it became clear that Sally would not be breaking free of the team's hold any time soon.

Feats

Trevor -

Obviously, with Wolverine's adamantium skeleton and sabretooth's healing factor, Trevor should have no issue tanking hits from Hellboy level striking, given Logan can tank obviously much, much, much stronger hits like when he was punched across multiple states and totally fine.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Creed's healing factor is almost as good as Logan's, and as such he's been able to shake off beatings from extremely powerful characters like a pissed off Chulk.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Clearly Sally won't be doing any damage to Trevor. He can also avoid Sally's hits very easily, as Deadpool is a casual bullet timer.

No Caption Provided

Not to mention he has straight up moved FTE to characters like Cyclops

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

In terms of strength, he has Deadpool been confirmed to be a 2 tonner in handbook entries, and he has consistently been able to send characters like Moon Knight flying with punches and bash them through thick walls with ease.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

That's not to mention the multiple times where he's contended with characters like Captain America or Black Panther either.

Arthur -

Alucard is absurdly fast, easily capable of supersonic, FTE charges, and was able to keep up with the even faster Dracula in combat, so he will have absolutely no trouble avoiding hits from Hellboy.

https://gfycat.com/agreeableglisteninghorseshoecrab

In this fight they also constantly smash each other through brick walls and even cause minor shockwaves with their strikes, so there is no question that Alucard is also incredibly strong.

TL;DR

- Get in and test the waters, avoid or tank some hits while working out a strategy

- Decide to incapacitate Sally by flipping it on its back and holding it down

Avatar image for higherpower
#321 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: It all happened so fast. Marco didn't have time to think or process the situation. The robots assault was handily taken care of by the other engineering students, and Marco was left standing there with his mouth agape and his whole body smoldering in awe.

He cursed his lack of usefulness. He had never been in a combat situation before and didn't know how to act. He decided that there was still a lot to learn before he would be on the level of even his classmates. And with that he began to approach them.

Avatar image for floopay
#322 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: I was actually going to take the job, gather information on it from the barkeeper, and then investigate it after I got back from the castle.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for avaliantimge
#323 Posted by AValiantImge (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

Billy moved in closer using his "gods gift" to rip away all the guns of any enemy he encountered leaving them defenseless, while moving towards point Alpha to further assist his classmates

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Livewire's power is enough to manipulate a decent amount of metal and tear apart helicopters so taking away/destroying the guns of his enemies shouldn't be a problem.

As Billy advanced he chucked to himself "I always knew pa gave me at least one useful thing". Still Billy was curious of the soldiers he was fighting, maybe he should of taken the history class....

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#325 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31818 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@thetruebarryallen: I was actually going to take the job, gather information on it from the barkeeper, and then investigate it after I got back from the castle.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Did your character inform mine that that was the plan?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#326 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (13004 posts) - - Show Bio

Writing the Advancement Now - Expect the Update within the next 24 Hours.

Avatar image for floopay
#327 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: yes, on the way out of the bar and out of earshot of Jokul and the bartender. (Good call)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#328 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31818 posts) - - Show Bio
@floopay said:

@mylittlefascist: yes, on the way out of the bar and out of earshot of Jokul and the bartender. (Good call)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well, there's a bit of a continuity issue here then. lol

I'll let @thetruebarryallen decide the order of things then.

Avatar image for sawed_off_it
#329 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13422 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: (I have to give up control of my character to you for the time being. I have a bit going on for the next week or so but if I can get up a post in that time, I certainly will).

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#331 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (13004 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fourth Advancement

Previously at the Armstrong Academy:

  • Classes began; chaos ensued.
  • Those in A&P found that the bodies they were exploring contained hidden viruses who, at their microscopic level, became quite deadly. Due to a technological error the class lost contact with their instructor, who, is currently trying to reconnect with them to bring them back to the classroom. George Reynolds Upshaw, Sid Furious and AJ Jennings are trapped inside an Octoucroun while Addie Sterling, Christopher Miller and Frankie Steine are inside a Dwarf Giant.
  • Meanwhile, the Biology students headed to the Galapagos Islands to hunt down the failed experiments of Charles Darwin. Ryan Colt teamed up with Misty Morrows and V to take down a series of bird-like foes in the caves of the island.
  • The Combat, Firearms and Melee Weapons classes were combined to take on a simulated WWII mission in which they must punch Hitler. Jack Twain leads a taskforce of fellow students while two others, Saga and Barda have gone on their own personal stealth mission. They're all currently in the thick of the battle.
  • At the intergalactic science fair all hell broke loose as a group of support bots mysteriously malfunctioned and began firing on those attending the fair. The Engineering class took to action and began combating the bots.
  • In the greenhouse, at the academy, the Chemistry class is exploring a mysterious set of tunnels to try and locate missing ingredients.
  • Kennedy, the archive bot, took her class back in time where they've discovered a mysterious dark energy radiating from the Earth. A group of students (Alathur, Barney, Fluffy and Keimusho) have taken to locating the source of the energy after finding a hole in the Earth.
  • Merlin took his class to Earth (3) where they met with King Arthur, who, after an interaction with a cursed sword, has lost his power. Merlin and the class are now headed to Misthilian. Three others, Melvin Smith, Jokul and Jack Liddel broke off from the group and were given a task by a local barkeep, what that task is they will soon discover.
  • Lastly, K'Graak had his Physical Education students break into separate groups to take on several of his pets in some playful sparring. Trevor Alton, Moose Blackfinger and Arthur Blackfyre took on Sally, Jane Liddel and Brandon Jaspers dealt with Gorb, and AJ Jennings and Jim Allen faced Tinn.

What will happen this week? Let's find out!

Anatomy and Physiology - Honey, I Shrunk the Class

The Octoucroun (George / AJ / Sid)

George whirled around as Sid cried out....

Sid: Go awaaaAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

....and sent several of the infected anti-bodies tumbling into one another, stunning them and granting the group time to formulate a plan.

The force of Sid's sonic shout dislodged some of the Octoucroun's metallic innards, forming crude shards, not the perfect weapon, but the best they could do in the moment. Sid continued shouting at the creatures, sending them back into one another, their bodies exploding with electrical energy with each collision.

In the midst of the chaos George tossed an incendiary grenade at the anti-bodies, igniting them into a dazzling flame, a makeshift bonfire. He managed to find one of the now deceased bodies and probed it's history, flashes of it's life dotted through George's mind, suddenly, a large, looming figure appeared, it's presence sending a ripple through George's mind.

???: M E R G E T O G E T H E R / B E C O M E O N E / I N F E C T / S P R E A D / D O M I N A T E

The memory was painful and George recoiled from the images, distancing himself from the creature.

AJ: Oh jeeze, you don't look so hot.

Sid: ....are you... okay?

George looked towards his two classmates, a genuine concern on both of their faces.

George: The brainstem... we have to get to the brainstem. Destroy it like that...

He knew what he wanted to say, but held his tongue.

George: ....like Arabelle told us.

The three turned and looked up at the stem, only this time, there was someone, or something, standing atop it. Maybe destroying the brain wasn't going to be as easy as they thought...

The Enforcer (Type-B)

No Caption Provided

It's stats are as follows:

  • Body: Mister X (Resident Evil) / Xenomorph / Creeper
  • Mind: Wildcat / Creeper
  • Power: Toad's Prehensile Tongue / Telekinesis (5 Tons Max) / Telepathy (Limited to Mind Reading)
  • Gear: N/A

It lets out a bloodcurdling cry and stands atop the stem, analyzing the situation.

Objective: Defeat The Enforcer and/or destroy the brain stem.

The Dwarf Giant (Addie / Christopher / Frankie)

They continue to battle the stomach creature, Bile.

Objective: Defeat Bile.

Biology - The Failures of Charles Darwin

The Caves (Ryan / Misty / V)

The birds fell from the cave ceiling, screeching as they dove towards those students unlucky enough to disturb them.

Experiment BRD: SCKRAAACAWWWWW! SCKRAAACAWWWW!

Wasting no time, Ryan unholstered his weaponry and begin firing, taking control of the bullets mid-flight and guiding them into the large, fleshy wings of the birds.

V: Telekinesis. Neat.

V ran over to one of the fallen birds, and somewhat instantaneously, began to sprout wings similar to them. He took to the skies, darting around stalagmites and narrowly avoiding the other avian attackers. His power allowed him to take on the attributes of others, just being around powered beings gave V a taste of what they could do.

Misty quickly swung in and webbed up the fallen foes, three in total. In the heat of the moment her excitement got the best of her and the webbing she launched was far greater than intended. V, still in the skies among the birds, dodged the avalanche of webs, but many of the birds weren't quite as lucky, being buried under the stuff, only six birds remained in flight.

One of them had managed to get behind the group and took it's chance to try and wound those who disturbed it's sleep. It took a swipe at Ryan, one of it's talons grazing him, drawing blood. The students quickly retaliated and Misty fired more webbing, utilizing their telekinetic abilities Ryan and V guided the web through the air, ensnaring the birds mid-flight and slamming them into the ground, knocking them unconscious.

As the final bird fell from the sky they began wrapping them up in secure web cocoons. However; a cry from behind Ryan startled him, but before he could react V flew to his aid, one of the birds whom they thought was unconscious was actually very much awake, but, stood no chance against his composite foe.

V: Adapt to that.

When the dust had settled and each bird was contained they looked at one another.

Misty: Guess we better get these back to Professor Hugo, huh? He's gonna be so proud of us!

V: Where to after this. We still have the jungle, and don't forget, that large mountain.

The group looked at Ryan, hoping he could decide for them.

Objective: Bring the birds back to Hugo and choose your next destination.

Chemistry - It Came From Beneath the Greenhouse

The North Tunnel (Kip / Eugene / BADASS)

As Kip and Eugene left for the north tunnel BADASS chased after them, figuring that perhaps they were more his style compared to his other classmates. Eugene loudly chewed some bubblegum while the constant whirring and clicking of Kip's mechanical prosthetics prevented any sort of silence.

The group marched through the tunnel. Kip and Eugene at the head with BADASS taking the rear. The tunnel was pitch-black, nearly impossible to see anything more than 10 feet ahead unless you had enhanced vision of some sort. As they moved through the tunnel the air became hot and sticky, which, in turn, resulted in Eugene to begin a bit of a tirade...

Eugene: I tell you what. I hate the heat. You know why? You can only take of so many clothes, y'know? Like, I could take of my shirt, and maybe I'd cool off a bit more. Still too hot, I can take off my pants, then, if it's real bad, the underoos. Don't worry, it's dark enough in here you wouldn't see anything, and if I caught you trying to take a peek, I'd sock you on, real hard, y'know? But even if I do all that, it's still gonna be hot, and then what do I do? Do I gotta start tearing of my skin or sump'n? Because if it came to that, well, I don't know, maybe, I'd do it but--

Kip: Ye don't stop do, ye?

Eugene: --stop what? Talking? You saying I talk to much? Because if that's what you're saying then--

Kip: Is it to late to turn back? I want a new partner, yer jabberin' on too much.

BADASS felt himself agreeing with Kip, but before the group could decide on if they should switch partners or not they heard a loud rumble from inside the tunnel. Kip, seized the opportunity.

Kip: Go check it out, would ye?

He slapped Eugene hard on the back, it sent him stumbling forward and then.. tumbling downwards. The tunnel had opened into a large cavern, what in the hell was down here...?

Eugene: HEY! I'm gonna get you back for that because that was a cheap shot, y'know? Hittin' a guy when he's not lookin' at you. Low blow. I'll remember this. I'll tell the guys back at the dorm. Don't get in a fight with Kip cause he'll hit ya when you're--

Kip: Quiet. I hear something.

Kip was right, there was some sort of chattering in the darkness, not too loud but loud enough to be heard over the sounds of Eugene's complaining and Kip's mechanical parts. In the shadows you can make out the faint outlines of some buildings, wonder what's inside... or who..?

Objective: Explore the area around you.

The South Tunnel (Emily / AJ / Satan)

The other half of class went down the South Tunnel. It was pretty quiet. AJ was humming a tune, Emily kept to herself and Satan was so silent you almost forgot he was there... wait... was he there?

AJ turned around to ask a question of him and he was missing.

AJ: Emily. Hey, Emily! Where'd Satan go?

Emily: What...?

The two turned around and he was gone. Nowhere to be seen.

Objective: No user posted or contacted me and so your character has been taken hostage by the DM.

Combat / Firearms / Melee Weapons - Operation: Punch Hitler

Rumble at Recon Post Alpha (Jack Twain / Ringo / Sophie / Billy the Kid / AJ (3) / Napoleon / Buddy / Archimedes / Z / Hope / Harrison )

It was a bloodbath. A virtual bloodbath, but even virtual blood can get a bit messy.

With Sgt. Buzzsaw a bit of a useless mess, Jack took charge. He demanded a drink from the nearby soldiers before charging into battle, dictating what the rest of his crew should do for maximum battlefield domination. He courage inspired the other soldiers, and, virtual or not, it was a bit gratifying to Jack to have led this charge.

His first command was to the firearms class; AJ and Napoleon took his orders and relayed them to the rest of the crew. "Pin down the foot-soldiers" he had told them and they were eager to help their classmate succeed. Without any hesitation Napoleon pulled forth his revolver and began to take aim, waiting for the go.

Jack then turned his attention to AJ.

Jack: 1A is the guy in the heavy armor, I’m pretty sure he’s the big kahuna. You’ll have to double team him AJ.

He glanced at the gunless AJ clones in a manner that was far more serious than what they were accustomed to.

Jack: Fight together and feel him out, don’t open yourselves up too much.

He turned to Ringo.

Jack: 1B is a marksman judging by his gear, and a damn fine one if my intuition is worth a plugged nickel. You told me you can blind opponents right?

Ringo: Oh yeah, no problem.

Ringo waved his hand as if it was a matter of child’s play.

Jack: Good, because that’s gonna be damn useful right here. You need to blind that kraut if we don’t want to run the risk of getting shot.

He tapped the ground forcefully with his index finger.

Jack: That starts everything, after you blind him I need you to take him down as fast as possible. The AJ’s will move out to engage 1A, and I’ll get the fat bastard in the back, he’ll be 1C. Whoever is done first help the others.

Ringo: Easy, any other requests?

Ringo’s eyes flashed as a confident smile crept across his face.

Jack: Nah, I just need you at the top of your game, because this sure as hell isn’t my strong suit.

He tapped the curved handle of the revolver slung across the front of his waist.

Jack: Damn I wish I could use these.

Ringo: That’s because you’re a coward Jack.

Ringo teased, half playfully.

Jack: Better to be a coward than dead.

Jack brought the gun to his lips kissing it playfully.

Jack: For good luck. Everyone ready?

They nodded in agreement gripping their weapons.

Jack: Go!

Shots rang out into the air as Jack leapt over the barricades and out into the open. Calmly he gathered himself and began walking towards his opponent. In front of him he saw his target standing tall and proud, all around him units were leaping for what little cover there was, some dropping dead as bullets penetrated their flesh. Still, the enormous mountain of a man refused to flinch. Jack's strides were calm and measured, he began to whistle as he strode forward. To the left he saw the sphere of darkness clinging tightly around the sharpshooter, blinding him to Ringo's approach. Even further to the left he could see the AJ clones engaging the armored leader in a deadly game of cat and mouse.

While Jack fought his target, Ringo enacted his part of the plan, dropping an orb of darkness down upon Unit 1B, the sharpshooter. The loss of sight only hindered his target slightly, bullets still rang out in his direction, 1B wasn't going down without a fight, but Ringo intended to bring it, closing the gap as quickly as he could, a feeling in his gut led him to believe that he'd have the advantage in a close quarters fight.

When he charged he he felt a gust a wind, a punch thrown by 1B, faster than anything he'd seen before, but 1B was swinging wildly, his hand to hand skills limited by his lack of vision.

Ringo unleashed everything he had, pummeling 1B over and over, dodging his blows and retaliating with attacks of his own. Finally, thankfully, he plunged a combat knife deep into the spinal cord of 1B who let out an inhuman cry as Ringo pulled back on the knife, tearing out his spinal column.

1B was down.

As all of this was happening Billy ran towards the fight and, utilizing his own unique powers, began to manipulate the metal of the battlefield, tearing away the weapons an armor being used by the enemy troops. With them being unarmed it'd be a quick cleanup, right?

Jack continued to battle the goliath of a foe that was 1C. An absolute meathead of a man, if it was still a man, who seemed to regenerate from whatever Jack threw at him. As they fought the earth shifted around them, almost defending the foe, Jack was up against a force of nature, thankfully, with Billy's aid, his minigun became useless, as it was dismantled seemingly out of nowhere, but Jack knew it was a friend's interference, and he silently thanked him.

Napoleon continued to fire upon the foot-soliders, now unable to fight back due to the loss of their weaponry. With each target he hit we saw the same fate, as a flesh-eating disease spread out from the wound throughout the whole body, eating away at them, their cries muffled by the helmets they wore, now damaged by Billy's assault.

With the foot-soldiers down the battle turned to the remaining units, Unit 1A and 1C. The AJ's had been dancing around 1A, avoiding his attacks but unable to do any lasting damage, that was, until Harrison got involved. He announced his arrival with a shout...

Harrison: AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHH!!! OVER HERE, ASSHOLE! LET'S DO THIS THING!

...and he slid towards his foe, gripping his bat tightly and swinging for his knees. The two were perfectly matched, but 1A had relied far too long on it's power and forgot how to fight man to man, which gave Harrison the advantage. His bat made impact and the nails pierced 1A's flesh, once, then twice, three times, four, five... it kept going on, and on.

By the time he had finished 1A was a bloody, pulpy mess, and Harrison was drenched in it, panting, smiling, proud of his handiwork.

Harrison: ALL RIGHT! WE DID IT!

As this happened Jack was still in the midst of his battle with the final combatant, 1C. He had stabbed him, multiple times, but the damn thing kept healing, as Jack tried to hold his own he found himself slipping, exhausted, maybe, demoralized, perhaps, but it wasn't over. He had to win this thing, but could he...?

Suddenly he heard Napoleon's voice from behind him.

Napoleon: A trouble shared, is a trouble halved, partner.

Then, a shot echoed through the battlefield as one of Napoleon's cursed rounds lodged itself into 1C, immediately it's flesh began deteriorating, but the healing factor fought against it. Jack saw this as an opening and ran towards him, sliding under his legs and slicing his inner thighs as he did, sending the man to his knees. Napoleon fired another shot, another, and finally a third and final shot, directly into the heart of the man, the combination of gunpowder and cursed metal resulting in a pulpy explosion, and he was downed. Finally.

Napoleon: Ash to ash, dust to dust.

AJ: YES! Just...like... LASER TAG!

As the body fell to the ground Jack walked over to it.

Jack: Heal from that.

He kicked the fallen mass and smiled. They had done it. Suddenly Sgt. Buzzsaw interrupted, his voice was... different.

Sgt. Buzzsaw: Good work, but this was only the first step of many. Now get to it, double the pace. We're waiting for you at the finish line.

Was that.. Ares? Guess the instructors were watching after all. Well, there was no time to wait. They had to keep moving, but where to...?

Objective: Move onward with your mission. You've cleared Recon Point Alpha.

Silent Night, Stealthy Fright (Saga / Barda)

Saga and Barda heard the fighting at Recon Point Alpha and decided it would be best for them to press on.

Barda: Our friends are strong, they'll give them a good fight without us.

Saga agreed, hoping that Barda was right. As the two crept into the castle that was Recon Point Bravo they felt a tension in the air. The building was obviously occupied, but what use did the Nazi's have for a castle? Were they just using it to house their troops, or was it something more...?

As they crept through the halls the heard the voices of soldiers all around, but, due to their stealth, they remained undetected.

As they got to the heart of the castle they discovered just what was going on... it had been converted into a lab and it was very much active. A group of scientists gathered around a large, stone slab, on it sat a large abomination, a genetically modified super weapon, or... a monster.

They heard more voices around them, they could either run and hide or engage in combat. Fight, or flight?

Objective: Move onward with your mission. You're in the heart of Recon Point Bravo, also known as the Laboratory.

Engineering - Intergalactic Science Fair

Robotic Mayhem (Olivia / Marco / Max / Sting / Solomon / AJ / Ikol / Nyra )

Sometimes an experiment goes wrong, sometimes a machine fails, but when a group of highly weaponized military support bots go haywire in the middle of a science fair, well, that's a tragedy.

Gunfire erupted through the convention hall and the crowd cried out in terror, fleeing every direction to try and escape their fate. Hearing this uproar the Engineering Class of Armstrong Academy decided to take action, this is the perfect chance to show the world that despite being first years they can be heroes too, right?

Olivia Fletcher was the first to react, communicating with her AI, Cortana, as she bobbed and weaved through the robot foes, trying to draw them away from the crowd.

Cortana: The scans suggest that you could disable the androids by critically damaging the power fuel cells located deep in the chest. Easiest point of ingress is under the ribcage and up through the chest cavity.

She thanked the AI, then, asked a simple request...

Olivia: Initiate a remote hack, I need you to take control, turn them against each other. Think you can do that?

Cortana: Of course, it should pose-

Olivia: Just do it already, lives are at stake.

As this was happening she charged another robot, sending it stumbling backwards with a knee to the chest.

Cortana: Already began the process. Should have control momentarily.

Olivia: Alright, map out immediate targets.

Five robots lit up in her optical display, each with a numerical designation. Spatial analysis complete.

Olivia: Turn one on two and four on five. I’ll take number three myself.

With that the furthest machine away suddenly thrust its powerful fist up through its partner’s chest, coming up from under the ribcage . Originating from a friendly system the blow was completely unanticipated, leaving the unit bewildered at the betrayal. The power cells were almost immediately crushed bringing the robot to a grinding halt before it could calculate the source of the treachery. The fourth and fifth robots were locked in combat, trading metal crunching blows that send their forms crashing through the exhibit.

Cortana: Impressive, they are adapting to my hack. We are going to lose control in seconds.

Olivia:Use a concussive blast to put down four and five, I’ll take care of one before we lose control.

Cortana: Be careful, you’re not going to do anyone any good if you’re dead.

Olivia: Ya, I got it.

Olivia flipped backwards avoiding a deadly blow from the third android and vaulting back to robot one’s position as it let loose a series of ruby red beams that cut through the other machines.

Cortana: I’m losing it.

Olivia ducked low and rotated 180 degrees, reaching her arm up through the robot’s weakest armor with tremendous force, piercing the power cell and causing the machine to slump over with a slowing whir. She tossed it to the side just in time to be grazed by an optic blast from the remaining android sending her sprawling. She rolled behind a desk, but the robot unleashed another blast, tearing through the piece of furniture like a matchstick.

Cortana: Only superficial damage registered, systems are still functioning.

As Olivia battled five of the bots, the other students joined the fray. Arfunta, utilizing his stealth suit, vanished from view. Invisible to even the sensors of the robots, perfect, he could fire on them and they wouldn't know what hit them, but first their shields needed to go down.

Thankfully, Sting was on the case. He had identified the frequency at which the shields operated at, and, sent a volley of bombs to disrupt them. The bombs cackled with energy as they hit the shields, and 15 seconds after the initial bombardment they were down, allowing Arfunta to open fire with his darkness energy and Sting to continue his bombardment, guiding his bombs through the air with pin-point accuracy.

Solomon ran past Marco, who he saw hiding behind a convention table, and picked up a weapon from one of the fallen bots, using it against them, making sure to damage only the battery, leaving the memory banks intact.

Max, witnessing all of this, sent AJ for help, he figured their teacher, Victor, would be able to assist with whatever the hell was going on here. With AJ gone Max began firing on the robots as well, adding his firepower to the bombardment already started by his class, at this point there was no way they could lose.

After the assault ended the robots were nothing by scrap on the floor. Olivia and Solomon both went to the memory banks of some fallen bots to scan them, but what they found was a tad disheartening, a signature...

SIGNATURE: L8R, NRDZ. L8R, NRDZ. L8R, NRDZ.

Before they could share this was the class they saw the screens in the convention center changing, all of them, one by one, to the signature they saw in the memory bank.

SIGNATURE: L8R, NRDZ. L8R, NRDZ. L8R, NRDZ.

Were they being taunted...? This was just a game to someone? Innocent lives taken just for the sake of a bit of chaotic fun?

Who could've done this... and where was Victor? It was up to the class to find out.

Note: I am in control of Ikol now. Nyra did not post unless I missed it. I will control Ikol until BS is back given that he PM'd me about it.

Objective: Regroup with one another, talk among yourselves, explore the other areas of the convention looking for a trace of who could've done this.

History - A Blast From The Past

The Hole in the Ground (Fluffy / Barney / Keimusho / Alathur)

The group stared at the hole in the ground, and, before Keimusho could say anything about the energy signature he felt from inside Fluffy jumped in.

When Fluffy landed he saw a beautiful city; intricate architecture, solid bronze statues, an entire civilization was living underground!

He didn't know where he wanted to go first! There was the marketplace which was sprawling with activity, the town hall, a building that seemed to be connected to religious worship, there was just so much to take in!

So... where to first?

Objective: Explore the city, feel free to talk to it's inhabitants, introduce yourself, or, whatever you'd like to do!

Magic - A Quest For Camelot; The False Sword of King Arthur

On The Road to Misthilian (Amane / Nora / AJ / Nate / Junichiro)

Merlin led the class down the twisting, turning road to Misthilian. It was there that Arthur held less of a hold, and so, some of the more shifty folk typically found themselves feeling at home. These were not the types Merlin liked to engage with, but, they were useful for obtaining information, particularly on the subject of Morgan.

The road itself was lovely, but a bit boring, and after several hours of walking, the group found themselves there.

Nora: Excuse me, Merlin, why didn't we just poof there like we did to get to Camelot?

Merlin: Using my magic here will cue Morgan that we're searching for her. It's best that I avoid using spells unless absolutely necessary. Skilled magicians, like Morgan, can read magical energies and discover the user, for each spellcaster has their own style, signature, and because of this, magic is unique to each and every person.

He smiled a warm smile at her.

Merlin: Now, I must go and talk with an old friend. You all stay in the square and keep out of trouble will you?

The group agreed and they sat in the town square, observing the activites around them. Misthilian was home to misfits and outcasts, thieves and sellswords. It was a lawless place.

One exciting activity that was taking place was that of an circus performance. A small troupe of performers were singing and dancing, a jester was juggling all sorts of strange objects. They class watched, joining the public in observing the performance.

Then, out of the corner of her eye, Nora spotted something.

Nora: Hey, there's a thief going through the crowd, she's taking people's money.

She tugged on Amane's sleeve.

Nora: I think we should do something, right?

Objective: Confront the thief or stay quite, you are in a lawless part of Earth (3) after all.

The Tavern Job (Melvin / Jack Liddel / Jokul)

Meanwhile, a handful of students found themselves in a seedy tavern in Camelot, approached by a barkeep who needed some sort of job done.

Melvin was the one who was first offered the job, and Jack, a student who'd been following Melvin, was listening in on the conversation, all while keeping tabs on another student, Jokul, who was seated in the back of the tavern.

Bartender: You want some work? I got a job that needs doin' but I can't have any of the locals here workin on it. You look strong, want to take out some friends of mine.

Melvin: I need a name, a location, and it'd be nice to know an occupation. Maybe even a little more information. Who're his friends, and what do they do?" he said. "Night time is when I work best, any idea where he'll be by then?

Bartender: Tyger and Hew. Two con-men who won more than their fair share at a game of cards the other night. Look, I don't like cheaters, okay? I'm not asking you to kill them or nothin', no. Just scare em', rough em' up. They're probably in the next town over. Misthilian. They lay low there when they're not in the tavern here.

Melvin: Alright... I'll think about it.

Bartender: If you do it, make sure you don't say nothin' about me, okay? You do that and I'll have hell to pay.

Melvin nodded, then made his way out of the tavern, Jack followed, asking him about the mission. Melvin shared the details with him and they made their way to the castle, Jokul their fellow student, was also there, following them, before the group could get into the castle they saw Merlin leaving, and joined up with him.

They walked the road to Misthilian and arrived with the rest of the class.

Objective: You're with the rest of the class now in Misthilian. You can seek out the barkeeps mission or the mission assigned regarding the thieves.

Physical Education - K'Graak's Pet Playtime

Tinn (Jim / AJ )

Jim saw Tinn and cursed himself.

Jim: Dammit Jim what did you get yourself into now?"

He then dodged some thrown projectiles from the monster and then began shouting orders to AJ.

Jim: AJ, I need you to run distraction, my coils here can restrain and shock the beast! All you have to do is keep the thing looking at you and not at me, okay?

Then he took off, trying to get behind the monster. He watchedAJ grab some of the projectiles that were shot at him and throw them back at the monster with surprising accuracy. Jim wanted to ask her why she wasn't using her duplicates but Jim had to remain quiet to the monster would stay focused on AJ. Tinn was unfortunately quite fast and good at climbing on the walls... Jim would have to pull him down off of the wall before Tinn stabbed AJ.

Jim waited until the perfect moment and unleashed his coils, he wrapped one coil around the monsters neck and one coil around the creatures chest to restrict the arms. He then pulled down with all his strength while sending a shock through the coils, the resulting shock had Tinn screeching in pain.

K'Graak: (over loudspeaker) Hey, be nice to Tinn. He just want play!

Jim: Yeah... he's playing nice with us too..

He mumbled to himself. Of course K'Graak wasn't serious, was he? He then watched as the monster rose again, and, in a split second decision, shouted at AJ, telling her to cover her ears. The listened and then he unleashed his sonic cry. Unfortunately his lost control of the scream and sent a massive sonic blast outwards in every direction.

When Jim was finally able to stop he looked around and saw what happened, what he had done. His voice cracked...

Jim: I definitely didn't mean for that to happen.

Keeping his coils wrapped tight around Tinn in case the combined shock and sonic attack didn't KO him, or worse. He went to check on AJ she probably couldn't hear him after what happened but he still felt bad.

Jim: Hey, AJ. Hey can you hear me? Are you okay?

There was no response. She was out cold. Suddenly the door behind him opened and K'Graak came in.

K'Graak: Girl looks hurt. I bring her to nurse. Nurse fix her good. You play with Tinn real good. A bit hard, but it make Tinn strong. K'Graak happy with performance.

K'Graak left with AJ in his arms, and Jim stood there, feeling conflicted. He was proud he'd defeated Tinn with AJ but he needed to learn to control his powers. K'Graak had told him to take the rest of the day off so he went back to his dorm.

Objective: Think about what you've done.

Sally (Moose / Arthur / Trevor )

As the beast emerged from the ground and slowly began walking towards the group, Trevor instructed Moose to move to the left and Arthur to the right of Sally in an attempt to surround it. Without a trace of fear, Trevor sprinted forward suddenly and punched Sally directly on the top of the head, a decision which he immediately regretted as he felt the pain spread throughout his hand. Sally's entire top half was covered by a thick layer of metal, not unlike his own bones, and it was certainly just as strong.

Trevor: Alright, attacking the top half isn't a good id--

Trevor was cut off as Sally swiped its paw into his abdomen suddenly, the claws creating huge gashes in Trevor's stomach and sending him tumbling back towards the doors of the pit.

Trevor: ...ouch. As I was saying...

Trevor rose to his feet, nonchalantly wiping dirt and blood from his body revealing his wounds to already be entirely healed.

Trevor: ...don't go for the top half. Try the legs or something.

Arthur gave a quick nod and dashed in at a speed that surprised and possibly even surpassed Trevor's; certainly, no ordinary human would be able to see it, and the ground on which Arthur initially stood was now ever so slightly cracked from the force of his charge. Even if the beast was looking directly at Arthur it would not have been able to react, and so he succeeded in slashing at both of Sally's hind legs. The beast roared louder and swung its tail towards Arthur, but he deftly avoided it and quickly moved back out of range, while noticing that Sally's wounds had already healed.

Arthur: T appears yond this beast hast the same festinate healing abilities yond thee and I both possesseth!

Trevor grumbled slightly - not only did Sally have a thick coat of armour as strong as his own bones, but it also shared the same increased rate of healing. Moose also went for an attack, three long claws on either hand sliding out and stabbing Sally in the belly, but it was similarly as ineffective as Alucard's attempts, though unlike the pale man he didn't dodge out of the way of Sally's tail and was sent flying into the nearby wall. Trevor was nervous for a moment for the health of his teammate, but Moose immediately stood back up and Trevor noticed that his wounds were also healing extremely fast.

Moose: NOBODY HITS ME THAT HARD AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!

Trevor once again started shouting to the rest of the group.

Trevor: Great, by the looks of it all four of us could just keep fighting for the rest of day and go home totally unharmed. As fun as that sounds, if we spend all day in here the teachers will probably fail us, so let's not try and do that. Not only is attacking the top half pointless, but any actual damage we do to the bottom half just gets healed immediately, s our best bet is to try and overpower and incapacitate it. Follow my lead!

Moose: AAARGH, FINE!

He moved in close and beckoned his teammates to do the same, this time taking care not to be sent flying again by the beast. Sally continued to turn frantically as it was surrounded by the three, but this time everyone was taking care to avoid being hit. When he saw the opportunity, Trevor dashed in underneath, kicked the hind legs inwards to trip Sally while tackling it forwards, resulting in it being flipped on its back. Moose and Arthur both rushed in to help as they now tried to keep the beast restrained; Trevor held down the tail and hind legs with an expertly performed grapple maneuver that allowed him to maximize his strength, while Arthur and Moose held down the front end of the beast and continued to savage it in the hopes that the pain they were causing would prevent it from breaking out of the team's hold - and they were correct. It struggled for several minutes, and there were multiple times where the team thought they might lose their grip, but eventually, it became clear that Sally would not be breaking free of the team's hold any time soon.

Then, they heard a familiar voice over the loudspeaker.

K'Graak: Nice work. K'Graak think Sally had fun. K'Graak see other student have accident. You get rest of day off. Enjoy day off.

Objective: Feel free to go back to your dorms, or explore the campus a bit.

Gorb (Jane / Brandon)

Jane wasn't much for team work and that showed with her approach. She thought about how she could easily subdue the beast herself, her accuracy could allow her to simply shoot the thing and be done with it, of course, she didn't want to kill it, so she decided to reach out.

Jane: Well it seems like its only method of attack are the arms and its head, and I can shoot them down. What exactly can you do?

Brandon looked at her and smiled.

Brandon: I can do some neat-o stuff with darkness, wanna see?

Before Jane could respond the boy was enveloped in shadow. This caused Gorb to react who charged the boy; but this sparked a reaction from the shadowy mass, as tendrils shot from the darkness and grabbed Gorb, pulling it into the dark. Another tendril shot out and grabbed Jane, pulling her in too.

Brandon: Uhh... I don't know what's happening. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! AAAAHHH!

The two beings were pulled into the darkness and when they woke they were in a dark version of the arena. Gorb, was with them, but was knocked unconscious, and Brandon seemed a bit shell-shocked.

Brandon: Oh no. We're here.

Jane: Where is here?

Brandon: I don't know exactly, but this is a bad place. It's where I was taken before I got these powers. I don't like it here, we've gotta get out.

Jane: And how do we do that?

Brandon: I'm uh... I don't know. Last time my sister saved me. I guess we can look around?

Jane sighed. It was going to be a long day.

Objective: Explore the dark version of Armstrong Academy to try and find a way out.

Player Tags

Some of you didn't post and so, your advancement is lackluster and something may have happened to your character. If you fail to post by the next advancement: Tuesday, March 5th @ 12:00PM EST then they will be removed from the scenario.

Scenario Player Tag:

Go get em!

Avatar image for warlockmage
#332 Posted by Warlockmage (9390 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Jim's Moral Conflict

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Jim slowly made his way back to his room... "Shit that... that wasn't supposed to happen" All he could think about was AJ's unconscious body just laying there. Jim felt dead inside. he slowly began to whistle, as he usually did when he was lost in thought. Jim stopped he remembered Armstrong had mentioned something about a nurse in the tour. He quickly changed directions and made his way to the nurses office. "I have to make sure she's ok"

When Jim arrived he quickly found the nurse and asked if he could see AJ. He wanted to check to make sure he hadn't killed her, it was his worst nightmare. He always knew his powers could harm or even kill others if he didn't control them, but the problem had never really come up until now. "Please, I just need to see if she's ok."

TL;DR

  1. Jim was on his way to the dorm, but changed directions and went to the nurse
  2. upon arriving at the nurse's he asked if he could see AJ and check on their condition

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
#333 Posted by deactivated-5ca9389143922 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: "Well, I was expecting a dragon, but I guess this works too . . ."

He landed on top of a building while still shrunk, since his appearance would certainly draw unwanted attention, and took a look at the beings in the city.

"Dwarfs (Dwarves?), then. They got to have some cool stuff around".

First, he flew around the place trying to find some written stuff for him to read. An underground civilization from the past probably uses a different language, but he can learn it very quickly just by reading it a bit via Lucy's skillset, who seems to be good enough to learn and translate a language at a glance.

Then, he looked around the marketplace, seeing if they had any interesting weapon or item that could be useful. If he does, he takes a mental note of it before leaving.

Lastly, he flies to those temples and grows back to his normal size before trying to enter and asking the people there about their religion, culture, stuff like that.

Avatar image for primez0ne
#334 Posted by Primez0ne (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Saga looked into the lab and weighed her options. She could do something to stop the monster or the scientists but that seemed useless for two reasons. Currently they were not posing a threat to anyone, and perhaps more importantly, this was all a simulation created by the Forge. No trouble should come of ignoring it as long as the mission was completed soon causing this whole "world" to disappear. Saga had some difficulty wrapping her mind around that with everything looking so life-like and realistic, yet she knew that the best thing to do was to finish her mission. The quicker, the better. I'd rather not take on a battalion of soldiers. Or a giant monster right now. She thought. For a moment an insidious thought creeped into her thoughts but she stomped it out. I'm not using that thing! I don't want to lose control again.

After silently signaling to Barda, Saga continued onward towards their target.

TL;DR

Saga is continuing on to their target and is not stopping till she finds him.

Avatar image for higherpower
#335 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Iteration 1.0 - The New Chapter

The scene replayed over and over again in Marco's head. The shrill, electronic caterwauling of the machines pierced his skull, and grew louder with every pulsing frequency.

The smoke from the ensuing chaos stung Marco's eyes. He didn't bother wiping the salty tears that pooled at the corners. Marco's throat clenched together, almost as if he had swallowed pounds of cotton whole. The convention was aflame with raging explosions that tore across the fairgrounds. Through the destruction, he witnessed the fearless, heroic engagements of Olivia and Solomon. All the other Engineering students acted without hesitation, and Marco's first instinct was to hide.

He was mad at himself, mad at the world, and somehow, mad at his family for raising him to be a coward.

No--he wasn't a coward. He was just thinking of a plan to take out the robots. Yes, that was it.

Before he could delude himself any further, Marco was snapped back to reality. It was now the scratchy sounds of static that echoed the area. All the screens in the convention center were flashing bright with ominous synchronization...

SIGNATURE: L8R, NRDZ. L8R, NRDZ. L8R, NRDZ.

The pattern wasn't familiar, but the pieces started coming together. It made no sense for multiple machines to suddenly (and simultaneously) malfunction at the largest science fair and technology convention in the galaxy. It quickly dawned on Marco that there was to be a lot of valuable equipment and technological breakthroughs available at the fair, and that anything valuable would attract the coveting of people after it. This was clearly an orchestrated attack, he thought to himself.

At that moment, Marco looked at Max, Olivia, Solomon, Sting and AJ. The look in their eyes reflected their thoughts and betrayed their intentions. It was clear that they were all thinking the same thing. The new priority was to track down the signal and find out who was behind the assault at the fair, and luckily Marco knew exactly what to do and how to go about it.

"What's the plan?" he said. "Shall we split up?"

TL;DR - Marco asks the other Engineering students for a plan on how to track the signals, and suggests that they should split up to find the culprit. (Also I'm on my phone so if someone can tag everyone for me that'd be great. I'll add tech tracking feats in my next post)

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#336 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (13004 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: Love it (except AJ is still looking for help she has not returned yet!)

Avatar image for floopay
#337 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: @mylittlefascist:

They got back to the castle just in time to catch the tail end of their assignment. Melvin looked over to his current partner.

"Hmmmmm...I think we have a lot to do now, and I feel as a team we can get more accomplished. Perhaps now would be a good time to split up? One of us should investigate the barkeeper's job, and gather more information in town, and the other should pursue the mission. Perhaps meet back up here later?" Mevlin asked. He didn't want to take control, he was hoping Jack would act as a partner, not as a sidekick or tag-along.

"How do you feel about that? If we both continue on one task, there's a good chance we'll come out ahead. However, by splitting up and covering more ground, we could reap the rewards of the barkeeper's task while simultaneously gathering more information, and the other could make good progress towards our main objective." He said. "While I'm tempted to put both of us on the main objective to ensure our victory, I also feel like we can accomplish more split up and if we come up behind in the main objective, we'll still be able to leave this place not empty handed."

"If you can think of other options, I'm open to suggestions. However, I'd love to continue as a team; split up or otherwise. If you wanna continue as partners." Melvin wasn't great with others, and had a tendency to ramble, sometimes babble some may say. He hoped he was getting his point across.

"So do you wanna both do one task, and if so which one? Or maybe split up and each take a task and split the rewards? If so, which would you like me to do, and which would you like to do yourself?" Melvin patiently waited for a response.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#338 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12007 posts) - - Show Bio

Tfw you're not included in the list of students because you're invisible :(

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#339 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31818 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: @thetruebarryallen

In Character:

"Actually, travelling large distances is quite easy for me; provided I know where I am going of course." I said, as a matter of fact. "If you'd like, you can wait here while I go talk to the barkeep right now. I doubt it will take much more than a few minutes, unless he tries to tell me his life story or something."

I looked him in the eye, judging his reaction... "Alternatively, you could also come with me if you want to hear the Barkeep's words yourself. I have to warn you though, sometimes the otherside can be... troubling... Usually there's not a soul in sight, but when there is... well... lets just hope it doesn't come to that."

Avatar image for floopay
#340 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

In Character:

"Actually, travelling large distances is quite easy for me, provided I know where I am going of course." I said, as a matter of fact. "If you'd like, you can wait here while I go talk to the barkeep right now. I doubt it will take much more than a few minutes, unless he tries to tell me his life story or something."

I looked him in the eye, judging his reaction... "Alternatively, you could also come with me if you want to hear the Barkeep's words yourself. I have to warn you though, sometimes the otherside can be... troubling... Usually there's not a soul in sight, but when there is... well... lets just hope it doesn't come to that."

"Hmmmmmmm...that sounds....adventurous. Lets do it."

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#341 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31818 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: @thetruebarryallen:

Through the Looking Glass!

"Well, right this way then!" I said, pressing my hand against a nearby window.

Concentrating on my power, my hand began to sink through the glass. It was a cold and wet feeling, as if the once solid windowpane had been reduced to some sort of viscous. I'd imagine, the sensation wasn't all too different from how it would feel to dip your hand in quicksand. Taking a deep breath, I pushed my way through.

No Caption Provided

The world on the other side of the mirror was almost an exact replica of the one I had just left. The sky was dark and the streets were covered in an eerie mist. In the immediate vicinity, the general layout was the same, but the further into the distance you attempted to look, the more the world seemed to bend and twist together forming a fractal image of sorts.

No Caption Provided

All around me, I could hear the sound of whispers. The noises used to freak me out, but eventually I realized they were just sounds leaking in from the real world, but in reverse.

I turned and faced Melvin, who was still standing on the other side of the reflection. "?gnimoc uoy erA" I yelled, enthusiastically.

TL;DR

  • We travel back to the barkeep via a nearby mirror. Given that Misthilian was only a few hours walking distance, as far as the real world is concerned, our travel should be nigh instant.
  • I'll leave it up to @thetruebarryallen on whether or not we get there unimpeded.
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for batatest
#343 Edited by BataTest (420 posts) - - Show Bio

George didn't touch the virus spores but the dead creature they're walking on.

Thanks

@thetruebarryallen

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#344 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18040 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: As Eugene bladder on and on, Badass thought about making the flames on his bike grow just to piss him off, but he decided against that and instead turned him out by thinking to himself about how stupid this school was.

However, he snapped back to reality as soon as he heard Eugene’s tumble. Instantly, he surveyed the area. “It’s too dark in here for us to look around.” He says to Kip, before whistling to his back and commanding it to ride on it’s own (1), it blazes around at full speed with it’s fire providing light (2) and it scales the walls of the structures to provide maximum surveillance (3). While this happens Badass takes note of the surroundings that the bike illuminates.

1- https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQEwbJTpMSxHcOhhjAHGrPE0VExE7NDFtkefGHUY4MHHEEpCM-C

2- https://m.imgur.com/1RytG2j?r

3- https://m.imgur.com/0ZuUfH2?r

Avatar image for lunacyde
#345 Edited by Lunacyde (28306 posts) - - Show Bio

@avaliantimge@sonsofalchemy

"Well, that ain't pretty" Jack pushed at the withered corpse with his boot. "Alright, we don't have a lot of time, loot what you can and move on to target B." He winced looking across the bloody battlefield. "Same idea, Foxtrot clears the way."

@thetruebarryallen

Jack quickly looks over a few corpses. Does he find anything of value?

Also can we see any particularly special defenses at Target B from our position? I believe at least myself and Harrison have enhanced eyesight.

My sight is pretty good. I can make out exactly who is on a dark rooftop halfway across the city.

No Caption Provided

Moderator
Avatar image for patriotbear
#346 Edited by PatriotBear (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: @higherpower: “Whoever did this is highly proficient with technology.” Olivia said standing up and directing her attention to Marco. “If we’re going to split up we need to know what we can all do.” She paused. “That way we can divide up strategically. “Who else has tech abilities?” She raised her hand hesitantly.

Avatar image for sazzmi
#347 Edited by Sazzmi (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

What was all of that? The first lesson? Nyra looked around to see all sorts of destruction before her. Guess not...

"Well done, fellow classmates," she said while slowly walking out from behind the now destroyed exhibit that she was hiding sitting comfortably behind during the battle.

They were clearly too busy with figuring out something. Probably congratulating each other in their victory.

They managed to destroy a couple of robots and they're celebrating. How primitive. Any troglodyte could've destroyed these things. Nyra looked at the ground beneath her, littered with the destroyed parts of weaponry, robots, and machines. Wasteful. Primitive indeed.

Nyra picked up the scrap metal, piece by piece. Assembling a new mechanical unit like a puzzle. Her movements were not graceful by any means but extremely effective and efficient like a mad sculptor.

No more than a minute had passed and her masterpiece was ready. A robot not unlike the ones her classmates faced, however, this one was significantly larger and easily stronger. But most importantly, it was at her beck and call.

"Behold, cretins, My glorious creation!" She announced with a clear sense of pride.

Jury Rigg basically does exactly what I described here and more in seconds. So a minute is honestly generous.

No Caption Provided

An important thing to note is that he's not actually particularly fast as seen here. Meaning this was more or less pure skill and even if he were superhumanly quick, Mortal Kombat characters that Mileena scales to (and in some cases above), such as Baraka, have easily comparable arm movement speed.

Mortal Kombat - Goro: Prince of Pain #3
Mortal Kombat - Goro: Prince of Pain #3

Avatar image for geekryan
#348 Posted by geekryan (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

On The Road to Misthilian (Amane / Nora / AJ / Nate / Junichiro)

Merlin led the class down the twisting, turning road to Misthilian. It was there that Arthur held less of a hold, and so, some of the more shifty folk typically found themselves feeling at home. These were not the types Merlin liked to engage with, but, they were useful for obtaining information, particularly on the subject of Morgan.

The road itself was lovely, but a bit boring, and after several hours of walking, the group found themselves there.

Nora: Excuse me, Merlin, why didn't we just poof there like we did to get to Camelot?

Merlin: Using my magic here will cue Morgan that we're searching for her. It's best that I avoid using spells unless absolutely necessary. Skilled magicians, like Morgan, can read magical energies and discover the user, for each spellcaster has their own style, signature, and because of this, magic is unique to each and every person.

He smiled a warm smile at her.

Merlin: Now, I must go and talk with an old friend. You all stay in the square and keep out of trouble will you?

The group agreed and they sat in the town square, observing the activites around them. Misthilian was home to misfits and outcasts, thieves and sellswords. It was a lawless place.

One exciting activity that was taking place was that of an circus performance. A small troupe of performers were singing and dancing, a jester was juggling all sorts of strange objects. They class watched, joining the public in observing the performance.

Then, out of the corner of her eye, Nora spotted something.

Nora: Hey, there's a thief going through the crowd, she's taking people's money.

She tugged on Amane's sleeve.

Nora: I think we should do something, right?

Objective: Confront the thief or stay quite, you are in a lawless part of Earth (3) after all.

Amane immediately followed Nora's gaze to the thief. Nora was more perceptive than she seemed, and Amane was slightly annoyed that she hadn't spotted the thief sooner.

Nora was practically pulling Amane in the direction of the thief. Amane didn't want to leave Nora alone, especially if she chose to confront the thief, so she followed along.

As they made their way through the crowded square, they noticed the thief disappear into a dark alleyway.

Amane looked to Nora and said: "I'll cut her off and block her escape route while you come up behind her. Do not engage unless I say so. Understood?" Nora nodded her head.

With the grace and skill of a trained gymnast and martial artist, Amane leapt up the buildings and on to the rooftop. She jumped across the rooftops and spotted the thief down below with Nora not too far behind her.

Amane noticed the path up ahead of the thief splitting into 3 other alleyways. Amane figured that intercepting the thief before she could diverge into one of three directions would be the best move.

With Nora about 30 feet behind the thief, Amane leapt down in front of the thief, a mere 20 feet ahead of her. The thief came to an immediate stop.

Using the water from a drainpipe right next to the thief, Amane phase-changed the water and froze the thief's body in ice:

No Caption Provided

Amane and Nora approached the thief.

"Who are you and why are you stealing everyone's money?"

TL;DR

Amane and Nora chase after the thief, freeze her in ice, and then question her.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#349 Edited by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2781 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Before Keimusho had the chance to hear put his teammates, his Seismic Sense had already told him that one of the students had ran off by his lonesome, completely screwing over what he had originally hoped for, but alas, what's done is done, and Keimusho must adapt accordingly and take this operation into full swing.

@stormshadow_x@giliad_

"Well it would appear that one of us has already gone on in the cave, so I guess that's our queue to go on ahead, I'll lead the way to the power source." Keimusho leading the charge into the pit, hopefully with the others following suite.

When he entered the tunnel, Keimusho saw that, instead of a depressing put of skulls like he imagined, what he saw was a bustling city not unlike those the Wolves would travel to. This left Keimusho quite conflicted, on one hand, it was nice to see some regular folks around the area, given how the rest of the lands was seemingly dead silent, on the other, there was this thought in the back of Keimusho's mind that clawed at him saying 'Why are these people and that power source coming from the same location? This is definitely the right place, most peculiar...' As he did this, he used his Seismic Sense to take in all of the surroundings, reconfirm where the power source is (as well as try to find where that student who ran off went to), get used to how to town is structured and truly absorb both the seeable and what's behind the caverns. In the meantime he figured it'd be best to just waltz around and see if the rest of the students want to go anywhere.

TL;DR:

Keimusho enters the cave and begins to wander around the area, confirming where the power source is coming from and asking his colleagues (if they decide to follow) what to do next.

Avatar image for sonsofalchemy
#350 Edited by SonsOfAlchemy (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

Ringo was not patient enough to wait for the others, there was glory to be had. While some of them began looking over corpses for items to loot he quietly made his way towards target B using his best stealth skills.

Explanation

Stealth

No Caption Provided