Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#151 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12952 posts) - - Show Bio

NPC Conversations Cont.

Jack & Mandy (@lunacyde)

He took the comment with a respectable calm; and then--

Jack: It was very nice meeting you.

His hand, hung in midair, waiting. She took it and the two shared a firm but friendly handshake.

Mandy: Nice meeting you too. I'm sure I'll see you around!

Mandy smiled at him; she knew there was a needed balance between professor and peer, and she was still working on finding that, but if all her students were like Jack then maybe this whole experience wouldn't be as difficult as she thought.

Max & Victor (@seagod)

Victor was so focused on everything Max was saying, it felt so nice to be listened to, honestly.

Max: Yes sir I'm Max Eliss I'm the youngest of the three though surprised you know my siblings as they never showed any interest in engineering, I agree about engineering though a well equipped person can turn the tides against even the most powerful or skilled opponent!

Victor nodded.

Victor: You've got a good head on you Max. As for your siblings. They've tripped my security systems a few times, I wouldn't forget troublemakers like them. They're good kids though, great heroes too, even if they never stepped foot in my class. I'm glad to have gotten one from your family though. I certainly look forward to helping you build your path as a hero.

He was glad to get to see one of his future students show interest in the subject. Half the time his students just want to learn how to build death-rays, kids, am I right?

Amane and Nora (@geekryan)

The two began to walk back to their dorms, Nora skipping to keep up with Amane's strides, but she didn't mind, it was fun for her!

Amane: So tell me a bit about yourself! What are your talents? I see we'll both be taking Magic this semester.

Someone asking about Nora's abilities? Back home she'd have to hide these things, what a welcome experience this was!

Nora: I don't really know what I do! I mean, I can try and explain it. So, well, I can project this light sometimes and I don't have good control of it but it seems to be able to either heal or hurt people. I don't like hurting though, so I use it to try and help. I can also feel how other people feel, like, if someone is sad I can feel them being sad, or if someone is angry I can feel that too. My favorite is when people feel happy because I get to feel all happy with them! It's such a warm feeling!

Nora could go on and on and on about this, but she stops herself.

Nora: I'm doing magic though because it always seemed fun and I don't know if what I do is magic or not. I guess I want to just figure it out. I got these abilities after something happened to me and my brother. We were in the woods and suddenly there was this dark hole and we got pulled inside it. He got taken by some weird shadow thing but I was protected by this light so I went and grabbed him. When we got out I could do the light thing but his power was different. It hurts him sometimes, so I help him with my light stuff.

Despite how innocent she is, Nora has clearly been through some sort of traumatic event, but her emotional maturity is fairly advanced for someone her age.

Ryan & Hugo (@just_banter)

Hugo stared at Ryan, expecting an answer.

Ryan: That's what everyone around me's always said. It seems like my esper abilities come from my biology, that's why I wanted to do this class. Back when some guys from Omnium tried to pick me up for 'testing', they mentioned something about some gene or another. It made me real special they said. 'Z' gene, was it? Or maybe 'K?' In any case, I told them, no, but they wouldn't take it for an answer, so I uh... told them no a bit less politely. They kept coming back for me after that but they weren't as talkative anymore, so I never did figure out what they were after. Sorry, I started rambling!

Hugo shifts his weight, listening. His gaze unfaltering.

Ryan: Anyway, people have been talking to me about evolution my whole life, so I'm pretty curious as to what it's all about. We evolved from monkeys and the like, right? It also took millions of years for it to work, so it seems pretty strange for evolution to give us superpowers all of a sudden, but that's probably why I'm not an expert.

Hugo takes in what Ryan says and winces a bit.

Hugo: Forced evolution by Omnium. They stole my research. It increases your potential but used in the improper environment and results can be... fatal. And yes.. we did evolve from apes; though some of us decided to keep that primal form.

The way he says this has a certain harshness to him. Could he be referring to Armstrong....?

#152 Posted by OldKaiser (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Sophie stared blankly at the trash can now stuck to the ceiling thanks to Misty.

“This one... doesn’t know what to say.”

Sophie looked upwards. She wanted to laugh, but another part of her felt bad for the janitor who’d clean this up. Regardless, the former impulse won and, smiling, Sophie shot some of her own webs, wrapping up neatly the door to Ryan’s room.

“These are synthetic. Really close to the real deal, y’know. Hopefully you’ll show me some tricks Miss... ty.”

Sophie opened up the door to her room. She picked the bag from Misty’s hands and threw it onto a bed. She opened it up and pulled out a green pair of socks and green pajamas.

“Misty, I’m gonna get out of your hair. I’ll take a shower and head to bed. It’s been a bumpy ride here...”

#153 Posted by OldKaiser (2990 posts) - - Show Bio
#154 Posted by Vertigo- (17820 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@supremegeneration@blackspidey2099

"These guns? Let's just say they're special to me," Arfuna said smugly. He dissipated them, leaving small bits of shock on his onlookers' faces. "I'm Arfuna Arfata."

Nate prepared to ask more questions, but at that moment, he was interrupted by the booming voice of the headmaster, explaining to them about the roommates and that they'd have to pick one class out of the two they chose on their orientation forms. Nate took his seat and thought about which path he wanted to take first. Arfuna looked over at Nate and Ikol and said:

"Well gents, looks like the three us have engineering as a class we'd like to take. I dunno about you fellas, but I'm hopping in. Perhaps we could take it together, come to a nice little friendship."

Well, he knew where Arfuna was going, he did want to learn more about those guns, but at the same time, the prospect of learning magic first still tugged at him. He decided to take Engineering. Improve upon his existing skills, then begin his exploration of the unknown. It never hurts to be extra prepared when facing the unknown.

He did remember that the headmaster mentioned something about roommates. Scanning the nearby board, he noticed that he was roomed with 2 individuals named June and Ringo. He began to scan the assembly hall for the two faces that were next to the board. Noticing June first, he decided to head over and introduce himself to one of his new roommates @chronicplane

#155 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: The blood drains from Ryan's face a little. "Fatal, huh? That wouldn't be good," he says with an awkward laugh. During the brief conversation, Ryan noticed Napoleon, his new roommate, standing by himself. Excusing himself from Hugo with a thanks, he made his way over. Napoleon was an... interesting looking individual, mainly in the sense that you could describe him better based on what features he doesn't have rather than the ones he does. He was a skeleton, and looked about as you'd expect a skeleton to look like. The only difference between him and one that would be lying in a nearby graveyard was that Napoleon donned a cowboy hat and a balaclava over his chest, as well as a pistol holstered on his side. Despite his distinct lack of organs and muscles he still seemed to be able to move and speak with no issues. Ryan shrugged that part off without thinking about it too hard.

"Napoleon, right? I'm Ryan. I suppose we're gonna be roommates this year. It's a pleasure to meet you." Ryan stook a hand out towards Napoleon.

#156 Posted by geekryan (4731 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

The two began to walk back to their dorms, Nora skipping to keep up with Amane's strides, but she didn't mind, it was fun for her!

Amane: So tell me a bit about yourself! What are your talents? I see we'll both be taking Magic this semester.

Someone asking about Nora's abilities? Back home she'd have to hide these things, what a welcome experience this was!

Nora: I don't really know what I do! I mean, I can try and explain it. So, well, I can project this light sometimes and I don't have good control of it but it seems to be able to either heal or hurt people. I don't like hurting though, so I use it to try and help. I can also feel how other people feel, like, if someone is sad I can feel them being sad, or if someone is angry I can feel that too. My favorite is when people feel happy because I get to feel all happy with them! It's such a warm feeling!

Nora could go on and on and on about this, but she stops herself.

Nora: I'm doing magic though because it always seemed fun and I don't know if what I do is magic or not. I guess I want to just figure it out. I got these abilities after something happened to me and my brother. We were in the woods and suddenly there was this dark hole and we got pulled inside it. He got taken by some weird shadow thing but I was protected by this light so I went and grabbed him. When we got out I could do the light thing but his power was different. It hurts him sometimes, so I help him with my light stuff.

Despite how innocent she is, Nora has clearly been through some sort of traumatic event, but her emotional maturity is fairly advanced for someone her age.

Amane was intrigued with Nora's story and her abilities. Having an empathic healer as a friend could be very beneficial to her, as long as Amane could keep her emotions in check and under control. There was a lot more to Nora than meets the eye, and Amane was certain she would discover more about her and her powers as time went on...

#157 Posted by SeaGod (4686 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Max nodded at his future teacher then waved good bye saying that he looked forward to taking his class tomorrow and learning about the craft from him. He then turned his attention towards the new shooting teacher and the student she was talking to (@lunacyde) "Pardon me miss," Max excused himself as he approached her. "My name is Max Eliss and my siblings told me about you and the trouble they caused you," he said looking apologetic. "I just wanted to apologize for their behavior especially the incident where my sister hit on you very heavily. She is very bad at controlling herself in front of cute girls," he apologized sincerely while bowing his head. "I'm a engineer so if you ever need me to tune up your gear or even custom build some please feel free to ask as my way of making it up to you," Max added afterwords.

#158 Posted by Jotun (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

As he was thinking back on the forms taken from him, and the choice before him on what class to take, a small boy (@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps came up and started speaking.

"Hello there, Arthur correct, I'm Keimusho, happy to be roommates with you! Though I suppose you were already aware of me huh." He lets out a small chuckle, despite generally liking people, he was still a bit wary, being all on his own.

Arthur paused for a moment, but regained his composure and spoke. "Art thee lost, Child?" but the small boy continued that he was his roommate. "Thee shalt beest mine own Squire then knave." Arthur said with a triumphant shout. "Valorous to meeteth thee knave, Anon we might not but selecteth our class!" Arthur says walking away from the boy to the teachers.

Arthur walks up to a big green behemoth of a "man", "I wouldst liketh to ent'r thy class, Ser K'Graak Torug."

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#159 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17902 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: I’ll maybe do a big post later, but since I’m on mobile I’ll just interact with my roommates for now.

Badass stares down his two roommates and thinks “These guys look like polar opposites. One seems overly positive and flamboyant and the other, a knockoff of me.” He then tells them “Don’t touch my stuff or disturb me when I sleep and I’m sure we’ll get a long fine.” Before finding a good spot for his Hell Cycle.

#160 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Saga nodded as she listened to Barda's answers. It's like mom always said.

"Jūnin toiro....eh....Different strokes for different folks. In my Earth it's usually seen as the strong's duty to tend to the weak. Cause you know, the weak can be strong in their own way too...and it's just a good thing to do in general..You're world certainly seems much more interesting than mine though."

Saga took up a fighting stance and threw some mock punches into the air with a playful smile..

"And I would love to spar with you. I loved practicing martial arts with my dad before- " She paused again as unwanted memories and thoughts bubbled up inside her, "Before I didn't have much time to do that kind of stuff anymore. But I haven't gotten any worse since so don't think I got soft!"

#161 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14705 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Post 2

Solomon was bewildered at the results of his scan, but at the same time fascinated at how advanced the Headmaster is. However this didn't discourage Solomon this encounter only escalated his determination to learn and build teach to surpass the Headmaster.

Solomon followed the Headmaster to meet the faculty, as his teachers introduced Solomon quickly decided Engineering will where he would start. The sight of a green behemoth with muscles wider than Solomon's own body freaked him out a little. Looking down at his body he thought to himself maybe I should leave well enough alone for a for a little while.

After the introductions of faculty Solomon remembered the name of his roommates and decided to go meet them. Although he wasn't eager to meet Satan so he thought to wait until going to his room and meeting only Eugene instead. So Solomon set out in search of Eugene with a few questions in mind. Such as where is Eugene from, his age, why was he interested in the combat class?

#162 Edited by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack leaned in for the handshake, gripping her hand firmly with his own and placing the other lightly on her elbow pad.

“Nice meeting you too. I'm sure I'll see you around!” (@thetruebarryallen) She called as he turned to leave. He nodded in reply and gave her a final smile before turning his back and disappearing behind a few students swarming and badgering poor Merlin. With that she turned back to the crowd of students lining up to speak with her, finally noticing the playing card wedged lightly between the seams of her elbow pad.

A Jack of Hearts

No Caption Provided

#163 Edited by BataTest (420 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

@thetruebarryallen

Hey Kid," George called. Jogging across the hall to catch up to one of the few normal looking people there. Archimedes Young.

Though he was still skeptical of everything some normalcy would be good. "In a room full of freaks though, sometimes it's the normal looking ones who are the worst. He thought, Chuckling to himself.

Though still a youth, by George's estimation, Young seemed to have a solid head on his shoulders. I mean he wasn't flipping his shit about coming to a school like this at such a young age? A sign of composure if nothing else.

"What do you think about all this?" he said as he turned, off handily gesturing to the expansive campus, the big mess hall, and their new classmates? "My names George, George Upshaw. Nice to meet you."

No Caption Provided

Leaning down so as to listen closely, and keep good mental notes. "One thing he learned in his past life, was how quickly and easily, little children could get lost in the shuffle. "Collateral damage." He wanted to keep good notes on some of the more normal folks. Incase they would need his help and protection. There are no good sides in the spy game, but he always brokered his information to save as many lives as he could.

"Where are you bunking at?" He asked rough housing, a little bit tousling the boys head in a playful manner.

OOC: George's powers are activated by touch, so my placing my hand on his shoulder was a friendly gesture, but also to activate my powers and gain some history about the character.

"All right looks like everything's set then, brilliant. I'll be in this room if you need." He reached into his pack for some paper and pin quickly scribbling his room down. Before turning to introduce himself to his two instructors.

"I think I'll take Anatomy first, the freaky lady with six arms, looks less imposing then this masked cat in Bio."

"He's kind of dead pan anyway", he thought, ease dropping on some of his conversation with other students. "I wonder if she's an alien, mutant, or some genetic experiment herself?"

Pushing past the crowd George used his big frame and broad shoulders to create a path for himself through the throngs of people. He paid no attention to some cries of protest, as students were shoved into each other. Carving a bee line for Arabella's desk. He introduced himself.

"Hi Arabelle, my names George, " he said, hesitating as to which hand it was proper to shake. Before finally settling on the upper most arm.

I'll be taking your course for the first half of the semester. Do you have a syllabus or some other course materials, I should take now?"

"Also what percentage of the course is on extra-terrestrial life as opposed to metahuman abilities?

If you don't mind me asking which one are you, an Alien or Metahuman? What about the head master? "

Satisfied with the answers. He headed for his dorm, before glancing down to take a look at the course board once more.

"Strange." He said taking note of a girl's name enrolled in every class. Now either she's a genius or somethings up. I've got to find out.

Looking up from the table he quickly found his target among the crowd. AJ Jennings, Spreading like some virus.

"That explains it", he thought. Making his way toward the closet clone. In his usual manner he made his way through the crowd.

"Hey, sorry about that. Excuse me." he said bumping into her, making sure to knock off her hat in the process. He bent in a quick fluid motion, scooping up the hat and placing it back on her head.

"That's a neat power you've got there duplication, is it? Not an illusion or time travel?" For a second I thought we had a genius at the school, or someone who didn't need sleep. You're not a genius are you? Do you sleep, with who? He said with a quick chuckle.

"Are you simultaneously aware of every version of yourself? That could be fun, painful too."

"Name's George Nice to meet you?" He said extending his hand.

TLDR:

• Meets Archimedes Young
  • Introduces himself to Arabelle XY
  • Stops to find AJ, introduces himself.
  • Goes to Dorm

#164 Edited by Sawed_Off_It (13365 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Addie read the forms in front of her and was neither overjoyed or dismayed by the results. She didn't know what to think. Even so, she stood up from her seat and surveyed the action before taking her leave. The headmaster and his associates had bid them well with their classes and college life so she felt it necessary to experience it for what it is. She searched out her listed dorm mate (Frankie) and in the nicest way she possibly could have stated it, "Hi. I'm Addie. Looks like we will be rooming together."

#165 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen Lemme know if I missed anything

Loading Video...

Melvin Smith

He stood four rows back and reviewed the lists displayed before him, then glanced around and listened to his fellow classmates. Not to spy or pursue any malicious purposes; but of genuine interest to see whom he could attempt to connect with right off the bat.

A glance around the room, and he found his roommates. A smile crept across his face as he spotted the mess of eyeballs that was Christopher Miller (@thetruebarryallen). A quick glance around the room brought him to something he could only begin to describe as indescribable in appearance (@totallynotjucas). Melvin chuckled to himself immediately; they obvious put all the freaks in one room, he guessed. To be fair, that might not have been their criteria; but it was a damned funny coincidence if it wasn't. Melvin had every intention of introducing himself to them later in the dorms. He saw that Fluffy was even a classmate, which could be a good thing, considering the tech running through his brain.

He continued along until they arrived at the end of their tour. He figured, now was as good a time as any. He'd been raised with instructors, tutors, doctors, surgeons, mystics, occultists, scientists, researchers, interns, and a host of others who sought to study, probe, question, teach, or test him in one way or another; but he'd never really had many people to talk to about shared interests. Allies, friends, acquaintances, mutually interested associates, or whatever word one wanted to use to describe a non-hostile, non-obligated, individual with common interests. So, he strode across the room and introduced himself to Nathaniel Banner (@vertigo-). He extended his lower, right arm; figuring it would be the easiest appendage for Nathaniel to shake hands with.

He knew his eyes would be pretty intense, so he tried his best not to make too much eye contact. His eyes shifted between purple, red, and orange when he was nervous or excited and he figured too much eye contact wasn't exactly the best way to make a non-hostile introduction. Well, not that being an eight foot plus hulking monstrocity with fangs, claws, an extra set of arms, greyish hide, and an elongated, monstrous face was going to help the situation much to begin with; but at least eye contact was something he could control most easily.

I see you are also taking Merlin and Moncrieff's courses with myself. I mean, I dunno what you're doing after class or whatever. But...

He stuttered. Social interactions weren't a strong suit of his. He had learned ten ways to eviscerate someone with five limbs pinned while lying down; but he'd never been taught the basic of normal, functioning interactions between peers.

"Alright, time to dive in and make this as personable and friendly as possible." he thought to himself

Okay, lets try it this way. If you need a study partner, I have an excellent manner to accelerate one's means of knowledge and memory retention, and thought we could compare notes using a synapses and neural link to bridge memory gaps and maximize on the efficiency in which our brains grasp the coming knowledge and capitalize on each other's unique ways to compound and store information for later usage.

"Nailed it."

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
#166 Posted by deactivated-5ca9389143922 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Kennedy: Of course not! I will provide everything! I will give recommendations if you want! After first classes though! Is that ok?

"Sure it is. See you tomorrow, then".

Before going to bed, Fluffy sees if he can talk to Christopher a bit since Melvin already seems to be talking with someone else.

#167 Edited by SonsOfAlchemy (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

Ringo quietly made his way to the melee weapons instructor, eager to make a good impression. Upon his approach he saluted and identified himself. " Ringo James checking in, instructor Rundarr sir. I intend to take your class and prove my worth sir. That is all I have to report."

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#168 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Evidently, it appears that Arthur would be a hard nut to crack, as before Keimusho could even get another word in, he was already gone, like a ghost in the winds.

'Well that could've gone better, huh, definitely shoulda assumed he was pretty wary of people, definitely seems like someone from a more refined era', Keimusho monologued within his mind, disappointed with the fruitless endeavour of trying to make friends, but he quickly picked himself back up, being able to realise that tis won't be like when he first join the Wolves, when he was brought in with open arms. It's every man for himself for some people, and he's gonna need to break the ice with some of them in order to really get to know them.

So with that avenue blocked off, and and not wanting to bother Alathur for now (he figured he could wait for him within their dorms), he decides that now that she was done with her conversation with the other fellow, Keimusho thought the best route to find his teacher and give her a greeting.

Effectively using the same tactic as last time (fool me once, shame on me, right?), Keimusho walked and faced to to his robotic teacher Kennedy, whom he figured would be quite stern and, well, not to judge a book by it's cover but, robotic.

"Hello there, Mrs. Kennedy right? My name's Keimusho, I'm enrolling in one of your classes, so I thought I'd say hi!" He says this about as cheerfully as how he talked to Arthur, but there was a bit more hesitation, mostly cause of something itching at his mind

'Should I ask her about the quote I remember now?'. He thought, the sooner, the better right?

#169 Edited by StormShadow_X (16772 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Character Update - Aberlin The Dragon

This is irrelevant to anyone else but I'm not longer going to give Abe true dialogue, I think it would come of better if only Al truly knew what he was saying and only giving context clues in his reactions and response to what his dragon companion is actually saying. I think having him speak like this will be able to allow me to let him come off a lot less, cringy and Bitchy. At least from my own perspective.

Card Game Post

@lunacyde@patriotbear@jacthripper@giliad_ (Since I'm not sure where this takes place in the current timeline) and Luna already made a great summary of the events

Al enjoyed the game of cards with this new group of friends and was even able to swindle his way through with some coaching from Abe and being his eyes and helping him cheat through...somehow that Barney guy still won, which stumped both Al and Abe as they.. well again they cheated.

They walked into their room with their shared new roommates and remained stumped talking about it in whispers all through the night until eventually falling asleep Al laying out like a slob with Abe on his chest rolled up like a cat.

Post #1 - Start of the Academy

Al stood in the crowd with Abe on his shoulder as he listened to the comments of Headmaster Armstrong and after revealing the classes listened as Abe whispered the name of our two classmates in utter disgust evident by his tone and growling gaining the looks of other class mates.

"I get it, I get buddy but we don't take up THAT much space and did you really think you'd count as a roommate, you take up less space than a broom" Al said as a swift tail smacked his neck for that comment.

"ok, ok fine, we'll talk to the headmaster about it if there's an issue" Al commented rubbing his sore neck

Al was about to continue the conversation until Jack cut him off about a nice looking girl (@lunacyde, apparently the new firearms instructor, Al heard jack comment on her beauty and walked off before he could utter a response leaving him alone with Abe's low whispering.

"Yeah, I don't think he gets the blind thing either, what are our classes" Al said in response

Al and Abe shared eye sight and looked at the board together, and debated on which class they should take for the first semester, They agreed on History since Magic would be a lot more fun to end it on and it would be easier to get through ( or so they thought).Al

Al asked Abe if he wanted to meet their soon to be teacher but an adjustment of his wings said that he'd rather wait until we actually needed the class and the fact that she creeped him out, Al agreed.

"How about the roommates?" Al offered as well but Abe once again was uninterested as settled on meeting them in the actual dorms.

Abe performed a low purr in the direction of a mechanical marvel (*Buddy*) and unable to tell Al to stop moving he crashed into his metal body falling on the ground and causing Abe to fly.

TL;DR

• Taking History first semester
  • Ran into buddy the robot, gonna try and talk
#170 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

Still seeing visions of Mandy in his head Jack moved to the other end of the table hoping to speak with his instructors and determine which course to take first. He spotted the man Armstrong(@thetruebarryallen) had identified as Ares and made his way past the others students to speak with the combat instructor.

The armor clad man sat quietly enjoying a cup of tea while the world around him bustled with movement and chaos, a sight that brought a wry smile to Jack's face. “So you’re Ares? As in the god of war? Jack chuckled at the thought.

#171 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12952 posts) - - Show Bio

NPC Conversations Cont (Up to Post 163)

Sophie & Misty (@oldkaiser)

Misty stares at the trash can, it's contents spilling onto the floor as it hangs, suspended from the ceiling by the webbing.

Misty: Oops!

She was clearly embarassed, but when Sophie began to laugh it eased the tension, and Misty joined the fun. After the laughter dies down she heads back into her room, calling it a night.

(Ryan's door won't be webbed due to boys and girls being separated)

Ryan & Hugo & Napoleon (@just_banter)

Hugo watches as you walk away, without a word, just a nod of the head.

During the conversation you noticed your roommate, Napoleon. You approach him, wanting to get acquainted.

Ryan: Napoleon, right? I'm Ryan. I suppose we're gonna be roommates this year. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Napoleon looks at you as a smile creeps across his face. He notices your outstretched hand and responds enthusiastically, gripping it with his own and shaking it.

Napoleon: Well golll-eee, nice to meet you!

He tips his hat. His grip is stronger than you'd think for a man without muscle.

Max & Mandy (@seagod)

Victor waves as you walk away. Then you spot Mandy. Seeing that Jack had finished talking to her you call out...

Max: Pardon me miss, my name is Max Eliss and my siblings told me about you and the trouble they caused you. I just wanted to apologize for their behavior especially the incident where my sister hit on you very heavily. She is very bad at controlling herself in front of cute girls. I'm a engineer so if you ever need me to tune up your gear or even custom build some please feel free to ask as my way of making it up to you.

Mandy looks taken aback, confused perhaps?

Mandy: I don't know if you've got the right person! I also appreciate the offer, but I guarantee that my equipment is as up to date as possible! I built it myself!

She seems proud of herself.

Arthur & K'Graak (@jotun)

K'Graak had just finished his conversation with another student when he heard someone call out to him.

Arthur: I wouldst liketh to ent'r thy class, Ser K'Graak Torug.

K'Graak squinted.

K'Graak: You talk different. Talk like Merlin friends. You come to class. I teach you to rip and tear.

He grunts.

BADASS & Harrison & Hope (@major_hellstrom)

Harrison and Hope were talking about their room assignment when their third roommate, BADASS, shout something.

BADASS: Don’t touch my stuff or disturb me when I sleep and I’m sure we’ll get a long fine.

The two look at each other. Hope shrugs and Harrison turns towards you.

Harrison: Cut the attitude, punk. I wouldn't want anything to do with your stupid bike anyways. What is that, some lame attempt to get chicks?

He looks towards Hope, expecting a laugh. Hope just stares at him. Clearly not wanting to be in this confrontation.

Saga & Barda (@primez0ne)

The invitation to spar peaks Barda's curiosity.

Barda: Then we shall spar, friend! Tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that. I think I'll like living with you.

She claps you on the back, the hit sends you stumbling a bit. Barda doesn't seem to notice.

Solomon & Eugene (@mr_ingenuity)

Eugene stood among a group of other students, talking about classes and room assignments. He sees Solomon approach and is asked about classes, himself, and some other information.

Eugene: You haven't heard of me? Must be from a different Earth. I'm Eugene. Eugene Hobbes. Some call me a punk, but they're just mad I beat them. I'm a thief. One of the best for my age. As for classes, combat just seemed like the chance to learn how to kick the snot out of people and get a grade for it. Win-win, right?

He's chewing bubblegum. He blows the bubble up big and pops it. Chewing loudly. Some thief he must be...

George & Archimedes & Arabelle XZ (@batatest)

George steps towards another classmate and tries to tap him on the shoulder. To his surprise his hand bounces back.

Archimedes: Huh? Oh, hi. Sorry about that. Force field. Keep it on to give me personal space. I don't think you're my roommate, are you? Anyways, I'm Archimedes. Nice to meet you. You're pretty sociable huh?

The two talk for a bit; you learn Archimedes comes from a pretty decent home and is incredibly smart for his age.

Eventually he moves to Arabelle, his professor for some clarification on the class.

George:Hi Arabelle, my names George. I'll be taking your course for the first half of the semester. Do you have a syllabus or some other course materials, I should take now? Also what percentage of the course is on extra-terrestrial life as opposed to metahuman abilities? If you don't mind me asking which one are you, an Alien or Metahuman? What about the head master?

Arabelle takes in all of the questions, then, answers.

Arabelle XZ: Hello, George. I can see you're rather inquisitive. This can be a lovely quality. There is no syllabus as the research is ever-changing. We do not study abilities; but makeup. We look at the design of the body and learn how to improve upon it's structure, not in a physical way, but through evolution and experimentation. I am not alien or metahuman. I am Arabelle. The headmaster is Armstrong. We are all unique; each with our own structure. You are, George. You have a structure too, George, and with this class, you will understand it more than ever before.

She bows; and bids farewell, waving with all of her hands.

After that... odd... conversation you take notice of a girl who seems to be enrolled in every class, you approach her, bumping into her. Upon doing so another version appears.

George: Hey, sorry about that. Excuse me.

AJ: Oh, hey, sorry, my bad, I'm a bit clumsy, heh.

George:That's a neat power you've got there duplication, is it? Not an illusion or time travel? For a second I thought we had a genius at the school, or someone who didn't need sleep. You're not a genius are you? Are you simultaneously aware of every version of yourself? That could be fun, painful too. Name's George. Nice to meet you! He said extending his hand.

AJ: Wow, I've never met someone, so, uh interested. Gonna need a lot of clones to answer all those questions, right? Hah! No, I'm not a genius, I mean, I'm smart, but always more to learn, right? Yeah. I'm aware. At least when we mix back together. I experience what they've experienced. It's kind of neat. Never had any pain or feedback though. That'd be bad. Nice to meet you George! See you around?

She shakes your hand and waves as you leave, heading back to your dorm.

To the rest of you, I'm a bit exhausted. I'll try and work on your responses tomorrow.

#172 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Saga nods and straightens herself out.

"Hey! I have an idea. Why don't we race to the girl's dorm? Whoever wins gets their choice of bed," Saga said with a winning smile.

#173 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Ryan gave an awkward smile in response to Napoleon's voice. I'm really not good at dealing with the guys from further out west, he thought to himself. Noticing how long their handshake was going on for, Ryan returned his hand to his side before nodding politely back towards Napoleon. "You seem like a good guy so I'm sure we'll get along great. The whole interdimensional travel thing really took it out of me so I'm gonna go get some sleep. If you're gonna hang around to talk to some more people just try to be quiet when you come back in. Goodnight, Napoleon."

Arriving at his dorm room, Ryan took off his hat, hung on off the headboard of the bed, and went to sleep for the night. He'd worry about unpacking and the rest later.

(Btw he's doing Biology as his class choice the next day if the conversation with Hugo didn't imply it)

#174 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17902 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Badass smirks “Nah, I don’t need a badass looking bike to get chicks. On the other hand.....” Badass then notices Harrison’s bat. “Nice bat, you compensating for something?”

#175 Posted by HigherPower (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Upon re-entering the facility, Marco spotted his roommate, Sid Furious, and approached him. He was intimidated by his appearance, but feigned a calm demeanor.

"Hi, my name is Marco Giovanni. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

#176 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12952 posts) - - Show Bio

Class Selection Update (NOT AN ADVANCEMENT!!!!)

Hey everyone,

I'm working on the advancement for tomorrow. Just a reminder your post is due by 12:00PM EST on 2/15/19 which is TOMORROW.

The advancement will arrive later that night (I'm working a play opening so it may be later than last time, my apologies)

I need to make sure I know what class you're taking the FIRST semester. Remember you enrolled in two classes, you take 1 per semester (2 total for the year) and some of you have told me already; for others, it may've gotten lost in your RP so be sure to let me know exactly what class you've decided to take this semester.

Currently I have 14 of you which is slightly less than half.

Anatomy & Physiology

• George Reynolds Upshaw (Batatest)

Biology

• Ryan Colt (Just_Banter)

Chemistry

• BADASS (Major Hellstrom)

Combat

Engineering

• Marco Giovanni (HigherPower)
  • Max Eliss (Seagod)
  • Nathaniel Banner (Vertigo-)
  • Olivia Fletcher (PatriotBear)
  • Solomon Carter (Mr_Ingenuity)

History

• Alathur (StormShadow_X)
  • Fluffy, Destroyer of Worlds (TotallyNotJucas)
  • Keimusho Tamashii (Gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps)

Magic

• Amane, Daughter of the Sea (GeekRyan)
  • Jack Liddel (MyLittleFaschit)
  • Jokul (JacthRipper)

Melee Weapons

• Ringo James (SonsofAlchemy)

Physical Education

• Arthur Blackfyre (Jotun)
  • Jim Allen (WarlockMage)

So if your name is not listed here, please clarify/post!

Thank you!

Tag List

Scenario Player Tag:

#177 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17902 posts) - - Show Bio
#178 Posted by Jacthripper (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

What to start with, what to start with? Firearms seemed fun, since there's nothing wrong with shooting guns, but I think that for the moment, I would start with magic. I like punching too, but it's more fun to do it with magic, so I'll get started with that.

tl;dr-- Magic will be my first semester.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#179 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31726 posts) - - Show Bio
#182 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13365 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Addie is taking Anatomy/Physiology first semester. Can add to the post directly if necessary

#183 Posted by AValiantImge (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Post 2

Choose which class you'll attend for the first half of the semester, meet your classmates and roommates, head to your dorm to sleep for the night.

Billy looks over the classes and decides to take firearms. He's a good shot maybe even a great one but no harm in trying to improve more. Maybe he'll learn a thing or two. History can wait. After the class selection Billy heads to his dorm, this day brought so many new things that he needs to sleep to process everything. Tomorrow will be a new start, he can experience what this odd & wild life has to offer but only after a good nights rest. Once he gets to his dorm Billy slips out his "everyday" clothes putting on his pajamas and heads into a peaceful slumber ignoring anybody that happened to be in the room, tomorrow I'll introduce myself he thinks to himself and he goes to sleep.

No Caption Provided

@thetruebarryallen

#184 Posted by GIliad_ (6654 posts) - - Show Bio
#185 Posted by Sazzmi (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Nyra started at the hologram for quite a while, it seems a good amount of people chose engineering. Sounds like a good place to start the year. More people would recognize her superiority that way.

With that thought, she started making her way to the engineering instructor. Chest foward, shoulders back, her strut was nearly identical to that of a soldier ant except with infinitely more flair and personality. In all honesty, she looked quite silly, but to her each step was a bold declaration of her dominance.

Once she got to the instructor, she place her hands at her waist. Striking a pose that was silly and awkward yet intimidating and natural. And in this stance she announced "My name is Nyra, and I will be your top student for this upcoming semester."

Note: she is not actually DIO, those are just the movements she's doing.

#186 Edited by GIliad_ (6654 posts) - - Show Bio

As the ‘youthful’ - or seemingly so - Irishman sauntered around he scanned the large room. Barney was accustomed to the unconventional - indeed for most his long-lived life he had actively sought it out - but even he was (not quite) awestruck but as close as one who’s lifetime could be measured in millennia’s could be. The sheer quantity of eccentric, and distinctly not-so-eccentric, characters in one place and each was just as intriguing to the giddy Leprechaun as the next. Still, a few notable individuals commanded a few more seconds of attention from Barneys inquisitive golden eyes.

First to draw his attention was a ragged looking teenager with whitish-grey hair that looked soot-stained and was scruffily un-styled. At the very least this kid looked interesting, probably dangerous, Barney concluded. Instinctively, Barney’s wandering eyes gravitated towards one place. Not from intrigue or interest but a experience-honed sixth-sense, something in your head that tells you when you’re being watched and when you should be watching out. His eyes directed themselves until they fixed on a silver-haired teenager with heterochromic eyes, one a deep red and the other a comparatively lighter shade of Green. He had a devil inside him and the estute Leprechaun knew it. When he eventually averted his gaze it was almost immediately refocused on another individual. Tall, slender, wearing a heavily worn brown hat, gloves, a holster round his waist and a tattered white shirt. It also, as Barney noted, had no skin, or muscle for that matter. He - assuming he was a he - was nothing but a Skelton.

More excited than he had been in a long time, Barney energetically beelined towards the skeletal figure. The Leprechaun glided swiftly across the room like a falling leaf caught by a gentle breeze and ended up face to face with the cowboy. Words rushed out his mouth as he energetically eyed the figure from head to toe and edged closer, eyes wide.

“Jesus Christ, never seen anythin’ like you before - well, I suppose I have like - but nuttin’ quite like you. Where the bloody hell did the’ find you? Are ye even alive, like properly alive I mean?”

The overly-enthusiastic sprite continued to provoke the skeletal cowboy.

OOC: Barney is looking at Kip Sparknaught then Mark Z Miller and then harrasess Napoleon Alby (just in case I didn’t make it clear haha)

#187 Posted by GIliad_ (6654 posts) - - Show Bio
#188 Posted by OldKaiser (2990 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supremegeneration
#189 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Forgot to tag you in my advancement, lol.

"Well gents, looks like the three us have engineering as a class we'd like to take. I dunno about you fellas, but I'm hopping in. Perhaps we could take it together, come to a nice little friendship."

Arfuna also keenly noticed he'd be sharing a room with two. Bummer. Well, he did plan to play friendly, at least. He decided to introduce himself to at least one of them, and scanned the crowd for a Brandon, as to introduce himself.

I'll add some more tho

Seeing the... dark... lad, he went over with a sly smile and said "Howdy Brandon, my name's Arfuna. I'll be one of your roommates."

#190 Posted by boschePG (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: The hologram chart shot through the room, Sting's eyes fluttered trying to process all the information. Names and classes. There were so many he tried to retain. He noticed that Engineering garnered the most interest by other students and as such he could not allow others to close the intellectual gap by selecting any other first semester class.

He followed the group to the cafeteria, when the name of the Engineering instructor raised his interest. He said nothing. Just analyzed his instructor in pure thought.

@warlockmage

Sting strolled down the corridor until he reached his assigned room. The door was open slightly. He approached carefully and saw him - his roommate. He began to talk. Dear god, help me! His mind began to compartmentalize the two, one half analyzing everything at the moment and the other half blocking out what he was saying until it sounded like Charlie Brown's mom with the wa-wawas. Sting let out an unusual smile and then the entire conversation hit him at once. He was a talker.

Sting nodded. He respected his boundaries. "I am Joseph Simonson." Talking was never his strong suit. He thought it was weird how his roommate just revealed his power, his weakness, and his muses. Was he serious. He wasn't just going to reveal that stuff. Who does that he thought. "It has been a long day, so Im just going to hit the bed. Nice to meet you. I hope you dont snore."

GOALS:

Chose Engineering as his first semster

Met his roommate

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
#191 Posted by PreCrisisBardock (8908 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Bardock chooses to take history as his first semester class, and heads to the dorms to meet his roommate, attempting to avoid everyone else.

#192 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio
#193 Posted by Pipxeroth (9296 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

It didn't take long for Trevor to decide that he would choose physical education for his first class, as it was quite obvious what that class would entail unlike his other choice, anatomy, which he was now even more unsure about after seeing the 6-armed sword-wielding lady producing lightning who would be teaching it. He walked towards K'Graak Torug who was in the midst of a conversation with another student (@jotun) and patiently waited for a chance to inform the teacher that he would be joining his class.

#194 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12952 posts) - - Show Bio

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE

I’m on mobile so I can’t tag but my girlfriend from Dallas surprised me for Valentine’s Day and is here for the weekend.

Because of this the next advancement will happen on Tuesday, not today. Apologies for the delay but I rarely get to see her so I’m going to take my time.

#195 Posted by StormShadow_X (16772 posts) - - Show Bio

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE

I’m on mobile so I can’t tag but my girlfriend from Dallas surprised me for Valentine’s Day and is here for the weekend.

Because of this the next advancement will happen on Tuesday, not today. Apologies for the delay but I rarely get to see her so I’m going to take my time.

Enjoy yourself Barry, from all of us to you.

Tag List

Scenario Player Tag:

#196 Posted by Chronicplane (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Advancement #II | An Unexpected Journey

Choose which class you'll attend for the first half of the semester, meet your classmates and roommates, head to your dorm to sleep for the night.

After we were told to choose which class to take June without hesitation went with magical education for the first session, being deeply fascinated with the mystical arts it's almost as if it called to him in a way. plus on top of his own abilities would help further improve, and saw this as an opportunity in the long-game. And so rushed over to the mystical teacher to tell him about attending his lessons. Once he'd inform this teacher June further proceeds back to his dorm to check things out and to see what awaits him there, also for some rest in preparation for the big day tomorrow.

No Caption Provided

#197 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Satan decided to start out with the good stuff, Chemistry. He hoped that at the very least if he didn't make any friends, Chemistry and what he makes in it can keep him... entertained. And cuz he low-key found the Chemistry teacher a little hot. Satan then tried to find his roommate, and when he did his first thought was. How the hell am I roomed with someone just that ugly? Determined not to be associated with that level of ugly yet, Satan instead went up to Badass to start a conversation, seeing as how they were in Chemistry together

#198 Posted by boschePG (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: I actually did my advancement. THis page a few post up

#199 Posted by StormShadow_X (16772 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg: just posting so everyone could see his update

#200 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio