Avatar image for precrisisbardock
#101 Posted by PreCrisisBardock (8909 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Bardock snaps awake, memory hazy, only remembers bits and pieces about where he is and none about how he got here. He can barely remember his name and not much else. But he doesn't want to attract any attention.

"Hm, these guys all look shady, I'll stick to myself"

Classes:

1. History 102

2. Improving your body

Type of hero:

B, the hardest choices require the strongest wills.

Tactics:

D, Information wins wars. I analyze and gather as much info as possible while revealing as little as possible, and create tactics to nullify strengths and exploit weaknesses.

Why Armstrong:

B

Hopes:

I leave blank.

#102 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#103 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12960 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Question 1 - Class Selection

• Firearms 151: Introductions to Guns
  • Physical Education 101: Improving Your Body

Question 2 - What Type Of Hero Are You?

• (D) - Other; please explain.

I want to impress someone.

Question 3 - Tactics

• (C) - I rely on my powers to help me save the day, I like using them in creative and experimental ways.

Question 4 - Why Armstrong Academy

• (C) - I don't know, it seemed fun?

Question 5 - What Do You Hope To Accomplish

Making my skills exceptional. My skill is already very good, better than many people here. I will turn in a bit of modesty and accept that I have room to grow, albeit very little. I come to Armstrong Academy for this very purpose. I come to hone and show my many talents to the world. One day, I will an icon for people to follow and someone they can aspire to.

#105 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Edited by HigherPower (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

Marco took the paper, furrowing his brows as he read it . He mused over his options for a while, then suddenly, his eyes narrowed to the options that described him fittingly.

• Engineering 148: Introduction to Gadgets - This class focuses on how to create and engineer your own gadgets for offensive, defensive, or supportive use.
  • History 102: The History of Earth 1 - This class focuses on giving a detailed history of Earth 1, the Prime Earth in the Multiverse and the location of Armstrong Academy, granting knowledge of the heroes and villains that have populated this world.

(B) - I do what needs to be done, no matter the cost. I will make the required sacrifices to save the day, even if that makes me unpopular or feared by both friend and foe.

Question 3 - Tactics

(D) - Other; please explain.

Up until now I wouldn't call myself a hero. I've never saved a life or done anything heroic. Admittedly, I came from a family of criminals who've only ever used my capabilities to hurt people. As you can imagine, I don't engage in combat, however, I've always had a natural affinity for creating technology and tools that enhanced how other's perform.

(A) - I wanted to learn how to be a better hero and this is the best school for that.

I want to change the script. I want to help people, not hurt them. I've only had a single friend throughout my entire life, and one day, I woke up and met his head on a stake in my bedroom. My father told me that his parents didn't pay their "tithes" to our family on time, but I knew Jack's family was poor, and mine was very wealthy. It wasn't until later that I learned his family never owed mine any money, but at that point, it didn't even matter.

I had grown up in a home of people who subjected me to years of psychological abuse. I didn't want to be a part of the mafia. My creations destroyed families and took lives. My family was the wealthiest in all of Italy, but we still took money from people daily instead of giving back. If anyone looked at me the wrong way, they would be executed. I never had a real childhood.

If I learn how to become a hero from Armstrong Academy, I want to visit my hometown and right my wrongs. It will never be enough to pay for the crimes against humanity that the Giovanni Family has committed, but I'll dedicate my being into making sure we'll never harm another innocent soul again.

#107 Posted by OldKaiser (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@sazzmi:

“This one is taking engineering and combat.” Sophie nodded solemnly. “It’s my opinion that people should study what they have an aptitude for. Talents must be put to use.” She nodded again, satisfied with her answer.

She had a hopeful look in her eyes.

“Could it be Ms. Nyra and I will be classmates?”

#108 Edited by Vertigo- (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099@supremegeneration

Before he could get a response out of his new classmate, he heard the caster say:

"Ugh, y'all are no fun whatsoever... but even that's better than this dumb form, I guess," said Ikol as he rolled his eyes before blurting "Well, call me Ikol, fellow classmates!" - going from exasperated to excited in the blink of an eye. "And who might you two be?"

Looking at the boy, Nathaniel introduced himself: "My name is Nathaniel. You're awful....excitable, to say the least". Turning back to Arfuna, he awaits his response to not only Ikol, but to his question as well.

#109 Edited by Defiant_Will (1180 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

CHAPTER ONE | A NEW BEGINNING

"No matter where you go, no matter how much you think you've changed, the blood of your sister will always be on your hands."

The words of my father bring me out of my daydream as the bus finally arrives at Armstrong Academy. As we begin to depart from the bus, I am blinded by the bright sun, a feeling an illusive life in the shadows has never granted me. It was refreshing in a way, as if the suns rays were baptizing me, embracing me, bringing me into a fresh start and a new beginning:

ORIENTATION FORM

1. Engineering 148: Introduction to Gadgets - This class focuses on how to create and engineer your own gadgets for offensive, defensive, or supportive use.
  2. Melee Weapons 130: The Blunt and the Blade - This class focuses on learning and applying melee weapon skills to combat; covers a wide variety of weapons from the savage axe; crushing war-hammer, and piercing blade.

1. To call myself a hero would be a kind of generosity I don't deserve. I simply follow my own code and sense of justice, and I try and do what I think is right. Period.

Question 3 - Tactics

1. I often keep my distance and analyze the situation before making a plan of attack.

1. I want to cleanse myself of the blood on my hands, and I think becoming a hero and saving lives for a change is the best way to do that.

1. I hope to free myself from my past and come into my own as a person.
#110 Edited by GIliad_ (6654 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: As the ‘youthful’ - or seemingly so - Irishman sauntered away from the other two he scanned the large room. Barney was accustomed to the unconventional - indeed for most his long-lived life he had actively sought it out - but even he was (not quite) awestruck but as close as one who’s lifetime could be measured in millennia’s could be. The sheer quantity of eccentric, and distinctly not-so-eccentric, characters in one place and each was just as intriguing to the giddy Leprechaun as the next. Still, a few notable individuals commanded a few more seconds of attention from Barneys inquisitive golden eyes.

First to draw his attention was a ragged looking teenager with whitish-grey hair that looked soot-stained and was scruffily un-styled. At the very least this kid looked interesting, probably dangerous, Barney concluded. Instinctively, Barney’s wandering eyes gravitated towards one place. Not from intrigue or interest but a experience-honed sixth-sense, something in your head that tells you when you’re being watched and when you should be watching out. His eyes directed themselves until they fixed on a silver-haired teenager with heterochromic eyes, one a deep red and the other a comparatively lighter shade of Green. He had a devil inside him and the estute Leprechaun knew it. When he eventually averted his gaze it was almost immediately refocused on another individual. Tall, slender, wearing a heavily worn brown hat, gloves, a holster round his waist and a tattered white shirt. It also, as Barney noted, had no skin, or muscle for that matter. He - assuming he was a he - was nothing but a Skelton.

More excited than he had been in a long time, Barney energetically beelined towards the skeletal figure. The Leprechaun glided swiftly across the room like a falling leaf caught by a gentle breeze and ended up face to face with the cowboy. Words rushed out his mouth as he energetically eyed the figure from head to toe and edged closer, eyes wide.

“Jesus Christ, never seen anythin’ like you before - well, I suppose I have like - but nuttin’ quite like you. Where the bloody hell did the’ find you? Are ye even alive, like properly alive I mean?”

The overly-enthusiastic sprite curiously reached out to touch the curiosity in front of him.

OOC: Barney is looking at Kip Sparknaught then Mark Z Miller and then confronts Napoleon Alby (just in case I didn’t make it clear haha)

#111 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

The First Advancement

The Orientation Forms

As Armstrong and Hale passed out the orientation forms they could feel the excitement, surging through the air, almost as if it were a tangible form of energy. Once the forms were administered the two took their place at the front of the room, observing their new students, watching them fill out their forms; some with precision or a slight hesitation, others with a fierce determination.

Armstrong: We've got all kinds this year, Hale.

Hale: Yes, sir. A good mix, most certainly. You did hand pick them, so--

Armstrong: Hah! You're right! I'd say a job well done then, eh?

Hale smiles at the remark, typical Armstrong, charismatic and overflowing with pride, well earned pride, but pride nonetheless.

As students finish they begin to interact with one another; some of them staring in awe at the upperclassmen who walked by, others discussing their powers and abilities, and one group, to Hale's astonishment, began sharing drinks of some nature!

Hale: Fast friends. Wow. I wish my early days were that easy...

The final forms began trickling in and the students resumed their seats inside the large classroom. Armstrong handed his stack to Hale...

Armstrong: Time for assignments, Hale!

Hale: Yes, sir.

...and in a bright flash and a dazzling display of magical ability Hale sorted through them.

Hale: Assignments are finished, sir. Would you like to make the announcement?

Armstrong: Of course, Hale! Listen up, students, listen up! I know you're all excited, but it's time to reveal your class and roommate assignments!

The crowd began to quiet down at once, eager to hear what the large gorilla had to say.

Armstrong: Now remember, these assignments were done through our own special sorting system. While you may not agree with the placement at first it is what we believe will be best for you in the long run. So please, keep an open mind, will you!

With that Armstrong pulled out a small device and projected a hologram throughout the room. The hologram, a series of lists, the lists that Hale himself had just created. The lists read as such.

Assignments (Classes & Roommates)

Please search the list and find your name. If you believe there is an error with your class selection, please contact a faculty member.

BiologyCombatEngineeringMagicPhys-Ed
Addie S.AJ J.Archimedes Y.AJ J.AJ J.
AJ J.Archimedes Y.Arfuna A.AlathurArthur B.
George U.Barda K.FluffyAmaneBardock
Jack L.Brandon J.IkolArthur B.Barney M.
Jack T.Eugene H.Joseph S.BADASSBrandon J.
Jim A.Harrison B.Marco G.Jack L.Christopher M.
Joseph S.HopeMax E.Jane L.Frankie S.
Max E.Jack T.Melvin S.JokulIkol
Misty M.Moose B.Nathaniel B.June L.Jim A.
P.H.I.L.Nora J.NyraKeimusho T.Moose B.
Ryan C.Saga D.Olivia F.Melvin S.Saga D.
V.Sophie A.Ringo J.Nathaniel B.Solomon C.
V.Solomon C.Nora J.Trevor A.
Zack M.Sophie A.
Zhu C.
AnatomyChemistryFirearmsHistoryMelee Weapons
Addie S.AJ J.AJ J.AJ J.AJ J.
AJ J.BADASSArfuna A.AlathurBarda K.
Brandon J,Emily J.BillyAmaneEmily J.
Christopher M.Eugene H.BuddyBardockHarrison B.
Frankie S.Kip S.Jane L.Barney M.Hope
George U.Misty M.JokulBillyNapoleon A.
NyraRyan C.Napoleon A.BuddyP.H.I.L.
Satan S.Satan S.Olivia F.FluffyRingo J.
Sid F.Sid F.Zack M.June L.Zhu C.
Trevor A.Keimusho T.

The excitement starts up again as students point to their names, searching for their classmates, friends they may've already made on the trip here.

Armstrong: Alright, everyone, settle down! Some of you may not see your names on this list, that's because we haven't gotten your form yet! Please, make sure to complete that as soon as possible. You may only sign up for classes that have available space, so Engineering is full!

Hale: Popular class this year.

Armstrong: Victor will have his hands full, hah! Now, here are your roommate assignments! You will be sharing a space with these people, so be courteous and understanding to each of your needs and requirements! Part of being a good roommate is being a good team player, which is essential when you're a hero!

As Armstrong finishes another list pops up, this time with roommate assignments.

Male DormsFemale Dorms
Alathur / Arthur B. / Keimusho T.Addie S. / Frankie S.
Archimedes Y. / P.H.I.L. / Zhu C.AJ J. / Olivia F.
Arfuna A. / Billy / Brandon J.Amane / Nora J.
BADASS / Harrison B. / HopeBarda K. / Saga D.
Bardock / George U.Emily J. / Jane L.
Barney M. / Jack T.Misty M. / Nyra / Sophie A.
Buddy / Jim A. / Joseph S.
Christopher M. / Fluffy / Melvin S.
Eugene H. / Satan S. / Solomon C.
Ikol / Jokul / Kip S.
Jack L. / V
June L. / Nathaniel B. / Ringo J.
Marco G. / Sid F.
Max E. / Zack M.
Moose B. / Trevor A.
Napoleon A. / Ryan C.

More excitement; and at this, Armstrong laughs. He knows the feelings these young heroes are having and it's best they embrace the joy they're feeling now, for there will be darker days ahead, days that test the grit and determination of these fine few.

Armstrong: Now, who wants to meet your teachers, eh?!

Everyone gets up at varying paces, some still stuck in conversation with their newfound roommates, others silent, observing the choreographed chaos that surrounds them. Eventually, the group is entirely gathered and begin to head to the cafeteria.

The Cafeteria / Meet the Faculty

The group follows Armstrong and Hale into a massive building, the cafeteria. They had talked about it on the tour but seeing it in person was something else. The ceiling seemed limitless, tables of various sizes littered the hall, and upperclassmen and faculty chattered on and on about what they did over the summer break, what they have planned for later, new heroes or villains that they've got their eyes on, the conversations are endless.

Armstrong leads you all over to a table where several faculty members sit; their conversations stop as you approach.

Armstrong: Alright! These individuals here are your teachers for your Freshman year! Feel free to talk to them, ask them about your classes, or get them to tell you stories of their brave adventures!

Some of them groan at this; others laugh or smile, Armstrong ignores all the reactions and begins to introduce them.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11

Their names and classes, in order:

• Arabelle XZ - Anatomy & Physiology
  • Hugo Klien - Biology
  • Rundarr the Red - Melee Weapons
  • Ares - Combat
  • Merlin - Magic
  • Kennedy - History
  • The Baroness - Firearms
  • Ylonda Shrike - Chemistry
  • Victor Moncrieff - Engineering
  • Harrison Hale - Assistant Headmaster
  • K'Graak Torug - Physical Education

As he finishes a smaller voice cuts through the crowd.

???: Excuse me, Mr. Armstrong sir?

Armstrong: Yes? Who is it?

???: It's me, Mandy!

Armstrong: Oh, yes! Mandy! Wait, didn't you graduate?

Mandy: I did, and well, the Baroness had to go away on urgent business, and, um, she asked if I'd teach the Freshman until she gets back!

Armstrong: I see.

He thinks about this for a moment.

Armstrong: THAT'S FANTASTIC! You're all going to love Mandy! Those of you in firearms training are incredibly lucky! She was one of our top students! I love it when a plan comes together!

Mandy: Ehehe, thank you, sir.

(Mandy is pictured below)

No Caption Provided

There are murmurs from the students as they look at Mandy....

(Top class fire-arms, instructor! Wow, she used to be a student, and she's already teaching? She must be good! Do you think I have a chance with her? Maybe I can impress her!!!)

With this Armstrong looks at all of you and departs; shouting as he goes....

Armstrong: Do well in school, stay out of trouble, and make great friends! I believe in you all! HAH-HA!

...and he's gone. Leaving all of you in the cafeteria to meet with the faculty, talk with your new classmates, and eventually, head of to your dorms for the night, as you've all got class in the morning!

Class schedules will be waiting for you in your dorm rooms; you get to choose one of your two classes to have tomorrow. For the first half of the semester you'll be in that class. Then, for the second half, you'll choose the other class!

As you interact with students I'll try and RP with you, so actual conversations happen instead of you having to wait until next advancement. Speaking of which, next posts are due on Friday, February 15th, at 12:00PM EST!

Current Objective: Choose which class you'll attend for the first half of the semester, meet your classmates and roommates, head to your dorm to sleep for the night.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Campus Map & Descriptions

Here is a rough map of the school grounds; I am not a microsoft paint wizard, but by the end of this scenario maybe I'll have my own exhibition.

No Caption Provided

Location Descriptions

Here is each location in more detail:

• Front Courtyard - A wide, open courtyard; frequently used by students to socialize during their down time.
  • Auditorium - A large auditorium which features displays to each different Earth in the Multiverse. Assemblies often happen in here, as well as school theatre productions.
  • The Lunch Room - Big ol' Cafeteria for students to eat and refuel.
  • The Headmaster's Office - Represented by the RED DOT. This is Armstrong's personal office; access is invite only. Those who have been inside claim it is host to some of the most powerful artifacts in the world, Armstrong displays them as reminders of his past triumphs and keeps them out of the wrong hands.
  • The Science Wing - The science wing is home to various laboratories and research facilities all related to the pursuits of science. It is here that one will find the surgery room and nurses office; it is often used for studying Anatomy and Physiology. A genetics facility is home to research of metahuman abilities and quirks and is used by many of the biology classes; next door is the chemistry lab, used to study various drugs and chemical compounds. Finally, there is the physics lab; which is used to study various energies and universes through means of science. It is frowned upon by those in the science center to use magic; but you won’t get detention for it, just a stone cold glare. Much of the science wing is decorated with busts and imagery of the multiverses top scientists.
  • Engineering Center - Connected to the science center is the engineering center; used by students who are following a technological study. The facilities in the engineering center consist of a weapons room where students can build and deconstruct powerful technological weapons, a firing range, to test these weapons, and a full sized spaceship, that, in emergencies, can be detached from the school and be used to travel through the cosmos. This ship is maintained by the shop class instructor who had built the ship by hand for intergalactic death races throughout the universe.
  • The History Wing - The history wing is host to the history classrooms as well as the archives (a large library) and the museum, where artifacts from other earths are preserved for study and examination.
  • The Ocularium - The ocularium is home to all of the mystical teachings and facilities on the grounds. Here a library for the occult can be found, and artifacts considered too dangerous to be in the museum. There are rumors of dark magical sacrifices that’ve happened in hidden classrooms, but those are just rumors.
  • The Dormitories - There are dorms for both male and female students. Each dorm room has a room area and bedrooms for the students. Roommates share their common area but may keep their own rooms private. Each room comes with image inducing technology to reshape the visual aesthetic of the room to help with cases of homesickness. Rooms are also provided with terminals to access the internet as well as other basic commodities.
  • The Pit - A sparring center where power dampeners can be turned on for matches of pure skill and raw physical power.
  • The Forge - While it sounds like it may be used for weapon creation, the forge is actually a high tech simulation center used to train students in what it’s like to operate out in the field. Students can fight holographic villains and monsters, attempt to rescue citizens from environmental hazards, or whatever else is required. The Forge is where real heroes are made and is run by the physical education instructor. It’s said that everything seen in The Forge is based on experiences that the faculty have had in their heroic careers, makes us wonder, what the hell did some of these people go through.
  • The Arboretum - Represented by the BLUE dot. The arboretum is home to many exotic plants from various worlds and dimensions. It is cared for by both faculty and students and is studied by some of the biology classes. Be careful in here, as some of the plants have a mind of their own!
  • The Sanguine Wilds - The sanguine wilds is a grouping of large forest area outside of the grounds. Various wild animals live here and it’s a popular destination for the outing club. It’s dangerous to explore here alone and without a faculty member, as some incredibly dangerous species live in the woods.
  • Lover's Lagoon - The lagoon, also known as lover’s lagoon, is a large body of water located on campus. It is rumored that couples will sneak out here late at night for illicit activities, but it’s primary function is for water-based heroes to train their abilities, for practice naval battles, and for relaxing on a hot summer day. During the winter months the lake is frozen and students can often be found ice skating or playing hockey.

When in these locations I will do my best to describe your surroundings. Similar to D&D I won't explain every little detail, but if you need clarification on something or have a question about a detail you deem important, feel free to ask.

Some of these areas are guarded by magical and technological security systems; breaking into the museum is probably going to set that off, or using a lab center without getting permission/after-hours.

Tag List

Scenario Player Tag:

Get to it!

#112 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Do I get a terminal in my room? For the SND part of my gear?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#113 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@thetruebarryallen: Do I get a terminal in my room? For the SND part of my gear?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sure thing. When I get home I can list what will be in each of the rooms.

#115 Posted by GIliad_ (6654 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: If it’s easier can you just assume my post came after Armstrong left haha

#116 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: I won't be on my desktop until tomorrow. So feel free to take your time.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
#117 Posted by deactivated-5ca9389143922 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Do the lists show pics of the students so that we know who they are in the crowd?

#118 Posted by SeaGod (4694 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, there is a small picture next to each name so you know what they look like.

#120 Edited by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack smiled, nudging Al@stormshadow_x in the side with his elbow. "Now THAT is a woman", he pointed his index finger directly at the new firearms instructor, looking down it like the barrel of a gun. "Damn, why didn't I sign up for that class?" Before Al could reply Jack was already making his way through the crowd toward the table of instructors.

"Excuse me miss @thetruebarryallen, the name is Jack Twain." He smiled the smile of a cat with an injured bird in it's sights. "I was hoping we could have a conversation on the finer points of marksmanship."

#121 Posted by Warlockmage (9312 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:@boschepg (you are my roommate and part of my RP i'll tag you again when it starts so you can skip the boring stuff)

The Green Beast

No Caption Provided

Jim looked at the teachers standing there after the Headmaster left. "They look so enthusiastic to be here" he thought sarcastically, but he saw the physical monster K'Graak Torug standing there. Jim had already made up his mind that Physical Education would be the class he would take the first semester.

He approached K'Graak and spoke "Hello im Jim Allen and uhh well i can guarantee i'll be taking your class the first semester. Is there anything i should know or be prepared for?" Jim listened intently to his answers. Whatever he said Jim wanted to memorize. Jim also noted The Baroness' absence to the jolly green giant. "Is the Baroness usually absent or is this a rare occurrence?" Jim again patiently awaited his answer.

after it was all said and done Jim did indeed select Physical Education as his first class of the semester and then retired to his dorm whistling all along the way. Jim always was a good whistler of course he had to have such control.

@boschepg(this is the part that applies to you). When he got to his dorm he saw all his clothes and belongings had been brought to his room. "well thats a sigh of relief" he searched one of his bags until he found his old kiwi Gameboy Color he put in his Kirby's Dream Land cartridge and started playing it waiting for his roommates to arrive.

When his roommates did in fact arrive, he introduced himself. "My name is Jim Allen, i am your roommate and, more importantly, a friend. Just one thing alright try not to startle me or surprise me...its hardest for me to control my sonic scream when startled and you both seem heavily technology based. It wouldn't be fun for any of us if i let out a quick burst." he nodded to them "otherwise im pretty laid back ya know don't touch my gameboy's or other portable devices and we'll be pretty cool"

TL;DR

1. Jim spoke to K'Graak about his class and the missing Baroness
  2. Jim then chose Physical Education as his class
  3. Jim spoke to his roommates, unpacked his things and played his Gameboy Color
  4. after everyone finished talking and Jim beat King Dede on his Gameboy Jim went to sleep
#122 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: (Is Barda wearing what she's wearing in the first page post?)

At least it's not one of the monster looking ones... Saga cooled herself just like her father taught her and walked up to the taller girl in a confident military stride. She put out a hand for Barda to shake.

"Hi, Barda. You can call me Saga."

#123 Posted by deactivated-5ca9389143922 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: "Huh, so it's one per semester, should have figured that out . . .

What I need to build for now is quite simple, and gadgets is already overcrowded a bit. Knowledge is more important at this point, so History it is. There has to be a legendary old weapon hidden somewhere around this place.

Regardless, considering the appearance of the teacher, some fool ought to say something inappropriate and get smacked around a bit. Can't miss that".

He looked again at the list of his roommates.

"Christopher and Melvin, at least they look distinct enough. I can annoy the former with endless puns as well, so there's that.

He then walks up to the teacher, Kennedy, and asks her about how her classes are like, and what he should be expected to know by the end of the semester.

#124 Edited by HigherPower (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

@thetruebarryallen

Marco needed some space. He had never been around so many people before. His family had always kept him locked up in the research room, sometimes for months at a time, and occasionally forgetting to feed him. He had to get away process the situation.

As he headed outside, Marco drew a long, deep breath and gazed at the tremendous beauty that surrounded the campus. Nature flourished as far as he could see, and the only sounds to be heard were the peaceful whispers of the wind through the pass. The delicately manicured lawns seemed to undulate with every pulsing breath of the breeze. Marco could feel all the muscles in his body gradually relax as his senses gave into the serene slice of tranquility that enveloped him.

After coming to terms with himself, Marco headed back. A million thoughts fired off in his head every second.

Outside of my family, I've never experienced human interaction for more than a few moments at a time. I've studied people, but will I be able to make friends? Should I construct a device to help me analyze standard adolescent emotions and replicate them? Should I be myself?

Be myself.... who even am I?

Marco pulled a small circular button from his pocket as he made his way to the cafeteria. He decided to find out who he truly was before trying to make any long lasting friends. He knew his intentions and ideals, but he figured if any class would help him discover his true passions, it would be Engineering 148. "I'm good at making stuff," he thought to himself. "Maybe there will be others like me".

#125 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

NPC Conversations

Jack Twain & Mandy (@lunacyde)

Mandy was thrilled to meet all the new students. She'd never really had this sort of a position before, leading a class, it was truly exciting, what kind of people would she meet, what kinds of experiences...

Jack: Excuse me miss, the name is Jack Twain." He smiled the smile of a cat with an injured bird in it's sights. "I was hoping we could have a conversation on the finer points of marksmanship.

Mandy quickly turned when she heard the voice behind her and when she stopped she saw a boy, slightly younger than herself, standing there, with a sort of charming smile......no! Focus! You're not a student anymore, and sure, he's kind of cute, but... STOP! Think of what the Baroness would say!

Mandy: I.... uh... well; are you on my class roster? I don't see you here? What do you want to know about marksmanship? My thoughts on energy weapons versus their ballistics counterparts? The proper distance to engage an enemy when you've only got a Mark VI Super-Charged revolver? Do you want to try and take some weapons apart and see who can put them back together?

She stares at you, blankly, but she's clearly trying to refocus.

Jim Allen & K'Graak Torug (@warlockmage)

K'Graak stood in the lunch room looking at all the new students. He saw that many of them were teeny tiny compared to him. Then he heard a voice as one of the teeny-tiny's came up to him.

Jim: Hello I'm Jim Allen and uhh.... well I can guarantee i'll be taking your class the first semester. Is there anything I should know or be prepared for?

K'Graak squinted as he looked at the boy, almost studying him, then, after an awkward pause. Answered him.

K'Graak: Be ready to rip and tear and hit things. Lots of things. K'Graak show you how to do it real good. K'Graak best at it. K'Graak make you almost best at it if you work hard.

K'Graak, pleased with his answer, waited for the boys response. He seemed taken aback, maybe not prepared for K'Graak to give such an eloquent answer. It's okay, K'Graak was not offended. Then, the boy asked.

Jim: Is the Baroness usually absent or is this a rare occurrence?

K'Graak looked around the room, as if he was searching for the Baroness. Then he looked back at the boy.

K'Graak: She have work elsewhere. Big important job. Sometimes gone. Has agreement with Armstrong to keep work here in between other work. Baroness the best with guns, even K'Graak a bit scared of her when she have guns.

K'Graak, once again, pleased with his answer, stood there, stoically. Jim seemed o-k with the answers he got. K'Graak was happy. He would get to teach new students to rip and tear.

Saga & Barda (@primez0ne)

Barda stood in the cafeteria eyeing down here new classmates, judging them.

Barda: These warriors seem as greener than a newborn. Have any of them trained with a blade? Have any of them cut the flesh of their enemy? No wonder Rundarr stayed here to teach them, they need all the help they can get.

At that moment Barda noticed someone coming up to her, it was another girl, she recognized her from the roommate placements earlier.

Saga: Hi, Barda. You can call me Saga.

Barda reached extended her hand to Saga, and, while still extended...

Barda: Didn't you have a blade earlier? Are you a blade fighter too?

(Yes, Barda is wearing what she was wearing in the OP. It is traditional for those on Earth (1000).)

Fluffy and Kennedy (@totallynotjucas)

Kennedy was overwhelmed with all of the new students, so many new histories to learn and explore. So much knowledge she would get to share. Orientation day was always one of her favorite days. It reminded her of when she worked as an Archive Bot in her homeworlds museum, those were good days, and these are good days too.

Out of the crowd came a rather unique looking creature.

Fluffy: Hello, I'm one of your students this semester, my name is Fluffy. I just wanted to check in and see what your classes were going to be like, what things I might be expected to know by the end of it? You know, basic stuff.

Kennedy fixed her posture, she had to look scholarly.

Kennedy: Yes! You are Fluffy! It is nice to meet you Fluffy! I am Kennedy! In my classes we will be traveling through history on a journey for knowledge! A lot of it will be done outside of the classroom! Make sure to wear clothes you can get dirty! You will be expected to know about the history of Earth (1)! It is the earth we are on now! I'm sure you will do great! After all, I will be there to help you!

That old archive bot programming sure did make her answers thorough.

#126 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14705 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Did Solomon get the bioscan of the headmaster or did his spider sense warn him against it?

#127 Posted by Jacthripper (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

After the teacher's were finally announced, I noticed that Jack (@lunacyde) was talking to the the assistant Firearms Teacher, Mandy. "I'll introduce myself later, don't want to intrude." My other teacher was Merlin "He needs no introduction, he's a man, myth, and legend in the world of magic. Practically everyone has written something about him." I diverted my attention and looked at the list of roommates again. "Ikol? And I'm Jökul... That's going to get confusing. And the other one's name was Kip, and he apparently was missing a few limbs, poor sod."

I began scanning the room to find Ikol (@blackspidey2099), and recognized him as being one of the kids near the illusionary dragon earlier. I started walking over to go talk to him. "Hey, I'm Jökul, you're new roommate. How's it going?"

#128 Edited by OldKaiser (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen@sazzmi

"You're an engineer, I see~. Seems like this one's reasoning was on point." Sophie turned Nyra's rough palms upwards with her gentle touch. "I could tell. I hope you can show me the ropes, Ms. Nyra."

Sophie lowered her head, smiled, and extended her hand.

"I'm glad we ended up together. Though it might be that they only threw the more 'exotic' fellows together."

She laughed at the thought. The girl stood up and turned to face Nyra.

"Excuse me now, miss~. This one is going to greet Ms. Morrows."

#129 Posted by deactivated-5ca9389143922 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: "Oh, I see. Then, is there any book in the library that miss would recommend me to read, to make the classes more productive?"

#130 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Saga winced at the mention of it and then overcompensated with a wide smile. The feeling of nothing in her hands was a small relief.

"It comes and goes," Saga gave Barda a firm strong handshake incongruent with her size, "Anyway what's your world like?! I'll guess from your words, it was pretty rough. Is the level of technology here as surprising to you as it is me?"

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#131 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

@vertigo- said:

Addressing Arfuna- "I'm not entirely sure how that took guts, although your dark colored firearms do intrigue me. They almost seemed to be radiating some kind of unknown energy. My name is Nathaniel, by the way"

"Ugh, y'all are no fun whatsoever... but even that's better than this dumb form, I guess," said Ikol as he rolled his eyes before blurting "Well, call me Ikol, fellow classmates!" - going from exasperated to excited in the blink of an eye. "And who might you two be?"

@vertigo- said:

Looking at the boy, Nathaniel introduced himself: "My name is Nathaniel. You're awful....excitable, to say the least". Turning back to Arfuna, he awaits his response to not only Ikol, but to his question as well.

"Well certainly no one else here was going to conjure up a huge-ass dragon to try and scare someone. Would you have tried that?" asked Arfuna to his victim-in-arms. Without giving him a chance to answer, "I thought not."

"These guns? Let's just say they're special to me," Arfuna said smugly. He dissipated them, leaving small bits of shock on his onlookers' faces. "I'm Arfuna Arfata."

Suddenly, Headmaster Armstrong told everyone to sit down. The three vary acquaintances took their seats, feeling a small kindle of friendship. They listened for their assignments.

"Well gents, looks like the three us have engineering as a class we'd like to take. I dunno about you fellas, but I'm hopping in. Perhaps we could take it together, come to a nice little friendship."

Arfuna also keenly noticed he'd be sharing a room with two. Bummer. Well, he did plan to play friendly, at least. He decided to introduce himself to at least one of them, and scanned the crowd for a Brandon. He awaited his compatriots responses first, though.

#132 Posted by SeaGod (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Max approached his engineering teacher and analyzed the person in front of him. "Excuse me, do you mind telling me a bit about your class?" He asked nervously as he knew this wasn't a class his siblings took so he wasn't exactly sure what to expect.

#133 Edited by PatriotBear (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

Olivia scanned the crowd intently looking for her new roommate who was easy enough to find as it turned out. She wasn’t really sure how to proceed having never really spent time with another girl her age before. Living with her father had a lot of perks, but being able to make normal friends wasn’t one of them. She had more in common with jarheads than teenagers, or at least that’s the way she saw it. Even talking with Cortana didn’t really qualify as a real friendship, she was just an AI after all. Thank God I turned her communications off she thought remembering Cortana. It's hard enough pretending I’m normal without her in my head. Intent on making a good impression and hoping against all hope her roommate wasn’t another slack off, she approached.

“Hey, I’m Olivia, but you can call me Liv. So what’s your story?” Her question came out a little more abrupt than she intended, but she pushed the thought to the back of her mind as A.J. began to respond. She listened intently, nodding from time to time to show she was paying attention. As A.J. began to wrap up her comments Olivia interjected. “Alllllriiight, It was nice meeting you A.J., see you back at the room?” See that wasn’t so hard she reassured herself.

She turned to approach the firearms instructor, a young girl really, barely older than her, but she stopped in her tracks grumbling beneath her breath. Goddamnit she thought to herself as she spotted the firearms instructor talking to Jack. Can I not get away from this guy? She pondered her options for a second, deciding to talk to the engineering instructor instead. She didn’t want to have to spend any more time than she had to with that arrogant jerkwad. Tonight alone would be enough for a lifetime in her estimation. She was already dreading the prospect of heading to his dorm later. She had almost instantly regretted agreeing to play poker for Al’s sake, even though she figured it was the right thing to do at the time. If Jack was in firearms this semester she’d just wait.

She approached the engineering instructor Victor Moncrieff briskly, completely ignoring the fact she had cut off another student in the process. “Hello, Mr. Moncrieff, I was hoping you could answer a few questions I had about your class? Specifically I’d like to know exactly what do we do? I’ve never actually been in school before.” She listened as he responded to her inquiries and tucked that information away in her brain for later thought. “Well, thank you Mr. Moncrieff, I look forward to your class.” She bowed in respect and then turned away surveying the spacious cafeteria. I’m already tired from all this interaction, she thought. Who knew dealing with kids was so much damn work. Might as well get back and charge up for tonight. I hope those jokers realize I can’t be out too late tonight, a grimace spread across her face. I have class early tomorrow.

Summary:

• Olivia introduces herself to her new roommate.

• She approaches firearms instructor, but sees Jack is already talking to her.

• Olivia will take engineering first, firearms second.

• She retires to her room to unpack.

#134 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

NPC Conversations Cont.

Sophie & Misty (@oldkaiser)

From the moment Armstrong left Misty knew she wanted to find her roommates. Quickly she began searching through the crowd...

Misty: Are you my roommate? No. Are you my roommate? No, darn it. Helloooooo! I'm looking for my roommate! Sophie? Nyra!

Misty heard a voice from behind her and she turned to find....

Misty: SOPHIE! Oh my gosh you must be Sophie, you're my roommate, right? I've been looking all over for you! You look so cool! Are you a bug? I'm kind of a bug, I'm a spider. Well a half-spider. We call them arachne where I'm from. Where are you from? I'm from the place they call Earth (3) it's filled with magic and dragons and all these other cool things! I'm so excited for this semester! We're gonna be best friends!

She's a big personality, but she means well.

Fluffy & Kennedy (@totallynotjucas)

Kennedy awaited a response from her new pupil.

Fluffy: Oh, I see. Then, is there any book in the library that miss would recommend me to read, to make the classes more productive?

Then, as if it were rehearsed.

Kennedy: Of course not! I will provide everything! I will give recommendations if you want! After first classes though! Is that ok?

She waited to see if there was anything else.

Saga gave Barda and impressive handshake, she was pleased, it was unexpected, maybe there is a chance that some of these people are warriors after all.

Saga: Anyway what's your world like?! I'll guess from your words, it was pretty rough. Is the level of technology here as surprising to you as it is me?

Barda laughed, then, after composing herself...

Barda: I come from Earth (1000) the same Earth that Rundarr is from. We are an advanced people, but we have much conflict with other species who live deep under the surface. This technology is similar to what we have at home, though, they keep things more polished here, maybe too polished....

She gazes at some monitors overhead that are displaying the lunch menu.

Max & Z (@seagod)

Max was eager to meet his new roommate and as such, sought him out among the crowd. He found him fairly easily and extended his hand.

Max: Hi, I'm Max Eliss nice to meet you.

Z looked at it for a second before accepting.

Z: Hey, I'm Z. So, what can you do?

He's a bit intense.

@thetruebarryallen: Did Solomon get the bioscan of the headmaster or did his spider sense warn him against it?

The Spider-Sense did not go off so you attempted the bioscan, it didn't work however. You simply received a 'scan negative' and Armstrong looked back at you and gave you a wink.

He's not upset, in fact, he may've seemed a bit proud.

#135 Edited by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

“Naw, I’m not on the list.” Jack shrugged nonchalantly slipping his hands into his front jean pockets. “I was hoping for something more along the lines of some private lessons” He winked, almost imperceptibly, his blue eyes mischevious. “Just bounce some ideas off each other, maybe do a little hands-on instruction.” He looked at Mandy (@thetruebarryallen) hopefully.

#136 Edited by SeaGod (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Max paused at the question as he didn't really consider his ability to summon weapons a power. "I don't really have a power though I'm pretty smart," he replied then paused a second. "Well actually I can summon this," he added and a yellow ball popped out of his chest then formed into the Rail Slasher in his hand. He moved it around q bit then it turned back into a ball and flew back into his body. "What can you do?"he finally asked.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#137 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: @vertigo-

"Well gents, looks like the three us have engineering as a class we'd like to take. I dunno about you fellas, but I'm hopping in. Perhaps we could take it together, come to a nice little friendship."

Ikol thought about it... it would be nice to have some partners in crime in this school. "Of course! I'm down if you two are." he said, signing up for Engineering in his first semester.

@jacthripper

Immediately after signing up for the class, another boy came up to Ikol, introducing himself as Jokul - one of his new roommates! "Hey there, I'm Ikol, though I guess you already knew that haha! Love your name btw. I'm sure rooming with you is going to be so much fun! Did you meet Kip yet? Or do you want to go find him?"

#138 Posted by geekryan (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

Without even having to think about it, Amane knew she wanted to study Magic first and foremost. Magic was the most likely link to her powers and her totem, and so it was the most important class she could take at the Academy. History would come later, as she figured she would get a basic understanding of the history of the world, the Academy, the heroes, and the villains as she went about her first semester.

Amane also knew that she should get acquainted with the Magic teacher, Merlin. He was her best chance at understanding and expanding her powers, as well as understanding her Water Totem. He was alone, so Amane took the opportunity to present herself to him. She approached him, and with a forced smile, she said:

"Hello Professor Merlin. I will be taking your Magic 160: Beginners Spell Casting class this semester! I'm most excited to learn from you, and to learn about magic. You see, I have a Water Totem that enhances my water manipulation powers, and I have a theory that it is deeply-rooted in ancient magic..."

Once their brief conversation was over, Amane walked away towards the dormitories. Suddenly, a young girl with short red hair and friendly blue eyes stepped in front of her, beaming up at Amane. Amane immediately recognized her as her roommate, Nora. With another forced smile, Amane said:

"Oh. Umm....hello there. I'm Amane. You must be Nora. I suppose we are roommates this year?"

• Amane selected Magic as her first semester class
  • Amane introduced herself to the Magic professor, Merlin
  • Amane and her new roommate Nora have their first interaction
#139 Posted by Jacthripper (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: "Sounds good to me, we can talk a bit more when we get to our dorm rooms."

#140 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

"Really?" Saga took a quick look over at Rundarr with his lack of clothes and only wearing clothes made from animal skins. They certainly both look like they're from some pre-historic world, but who am I to judge? Maybe loincloths are in this year? She turned back to Barda,"I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping things clean. There is a practicality to it too. Where I come from a school could get sued for a kid getting sick from going there."

A silent awkward pause crept in as Saga changed the subject once again.

"What kinds of species did you have? I'm guessing a lot on the bigger side right? My Earth's pretty tame really. Half of our wildlife seems to be dying and the other half is on the waiting list. None of them are really sentient."

Or was the word for it sapient? Saga mused.

#141 Edited by OldKaiser (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

I look cool? Sophie blushed slightly (UwU).

“This one is happy to hear you say that.”

Sophie brushed a strand of hair that covered one of her eyes.

“Miss, I think that seeing our dorms and unpacking is a good idea. Nyra will meet us there later, y’know. I’m not too big, so do you think you could help me out?...”

She held up in both hands her heavy bag.

As they walked to their room, Sophie talked to her a bit.

“This one’s father was human, and her mother a mantid. I came here from the Mantid Isle, Earth 1.”

Sophie looked upwards with a look of joy in her eyes as she came to a thought.

“Miss Morrows, you’re an arachne. If you don’t mind me asking, do you know how to use webbing? It’d be a great help if you did.”

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#142 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2658 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Movement 2: Allies of The Year

No Caption Provided

As the headmaster continued his speech towards the crowd of students, Keimusho was oddly reminded of his mentor, Dako, when hearing Armstrong's boisterous voice. Not in terms of looks, obviously (Dako'd kill the poor sap if he thought that!), but they both had this air of confidence to them that made them easy to get wrapped up in whatever they're saying. It certainly helped Keimusho feel more at home, if nothing else.

When Keimusho got the list of classes he was in, everything seemed to check out, but after his curiosity had him go through everyone's name in every class, something seemed odd to the boy.

'Who's this AJ J, and how did she get into nearly every class?', Keimusho debated in his head, as being someone who would've liked to do everything, this no doubt caught his eye, but assuming their was a reason for it, he passed it aside as a special someone, if kinda jealous.

Moving right along comes Keimusho roommates, he was presented with two people whom he'd be staying with:

The first person, one Arthur B, someone who looks like a high ranking price, who the Wolves would occasionally get jobs from should they be feeling extra corrupt that day (though they prefer not to waste any money whenever possible). Of course, Keimusho never participated in their missions, in fact, he only recalls people of that stature hiring the Wolves once, not even a month after he joined and was obviously not ready for something that perilous. But boy did they pay good, evidently by how they feasted that day, kid still remembers the taste. In any case, Keimusho hoped Arthur wasn't like that, and stayed positive.

The other was Alathur, which whilst he himself didn't seem that special (tho the white hair and markings on his head did remind of him of a friend from back home), but what really caught his eye was the Dragon on his shoulder, how cool was that! Keimusho never had pets around, and he thought this'd be really interesting to experience to have.

Heading into the booming cafeteria definitely reminded Keimusho that this was where the elite were, given how he was used to eating outside in the wild, due to the free-roaming, constant movement of the Wolves, with the very rare hotel to rest at, so it was refreshing to be indoors eating for once, if a little intimidating.

Not helping matters in that case, was the private armies worth of new teachers that were introduced to him, although being able to really on worry about 2 certainly gave Keimusho some breathing room, but he tried his best to memorise all of them, cause that's just the kind of kid he is.

But first came the choice of choosing which course to do, and this left Keimusho a little stumped (and even more disappointed that he had even less options), as whilst instincts told him that he was being to hasty with going straight for History, and going for magic could help him in the long-term when doing research, but ultimately he decided to go with history, as the sooner he could learn something, the faster he could pass it on to the Wolves and have them attempt to dig something up whilst he was studying magecraft, plus he could always look up books during free time, so History it was.

Now at this point this would be where Keimusho would've liked to introduce himself to the history teacher, but someone else seemed to already be talking to her, so to not seem rude, he looked back at his timetable and figured he should meet with his fellow roommates bright and early, and whilst Alathur seemed busy with other students (his Dragon pet made him easy to spot meeting up with other kids, and figured it'd be best to leave him to it), so the next logical step was to find Arthur (@jotun), his royal, yet intimidating presence made him an easy one to spot.

When Keimusho made it to Arthur, it was honestly about what he expected, regal, yet intimidating, and whilst Arthur dwarfed the boy in size, he buckled away his initial thoughts and with a bright smile and chipper tone spoke to the older gentlemen.

"Hello there, Arthur correct, I'm Keimusho, happy to be roommates with you! Though I suppose you were already aware of me huh." He lets out a small chuckle, despite generally liking people, he was still a bit wary, being all on his own.

'Hopefully this guy is nice, I don't wanna get off to a bad start with anyone' The boy prayed in his head, waiting on Arthur's response.

#143 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Ryan approached the biology teacher, Hugo. He was a well-built man. Ryan could tell that if he were standing, he'd be at least a full head taller than himself. He wore a full body suit littered with vials and pipes and donned a gas mask that was connected to a large container on his back. His hair was a thick black and combed haphazardly back revealing the beginnings of a receding hairline, and he carried what looked to be several different types of grenades across his torso in various pockets and straps. If he weren't a known staff member someone would have called security on him within two seconds of him entering school grounds. Ryan couldn't be sure that they weren't called regardless. Hugo was an intimidating man, but Ryan had been dealing with intimidating men since he became a bounty hunter as a child. He was used to these types by now.

Reaching the man, Ryan stook out a hand. "Hi, I'm Ryan, and I'll be in your class this semester. I hope it's not too advanced because I don't know anything about biology," he said with a laugh.

#144 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

NPC Conversations Cont.

Jack & Mandy (@lunacyde)

As Jack was talking to her she began analyzing the situation.

Jack: Naw, I’m not on the list, I was hoping for something more along the lines of some private lessons. Just bounce some ideas off each other, maybe do a little hands-on instruction..?

Hands on... that's it!

Mandy: If you're looking for hands on instruction you can head on down to the shooting range! It's near The Pit!

Phew, quick save, but gosh, this one comes off with so much confidence! It's impressive, certainly a hero quality!

Max & Z & Vincent (@seagod)

Z awaited Max's response, and Max seemed a bit hesitant, then, suddenly.

Max: I don't really have a power though I'm pretty smart. Well actually I can summon this! What can you do?

Z thought about what he'd just seen.

Z: Huh, guess we're a bit similar then.

He reaches down to two empty holsters by his sides and suddenly, out of thin air, two icy revolvers materialize.

Z: You engage up close, I prefer a distance, maybe we'll be a good team after all.

You can tell that despite his intensity he's O.K. with the roommate situation. He sends his weapons back to where they came and mentions something about wanting to get an early night's rest. He has Firearms class starting tomorrow, and he wants to be ready to show the class what he's got.

As Z leaves you walk over to your Engineering instructor, an older man named Victor Moncrieff. His technology seems out-dated, but you can tell there's more than meets the eye.

It took him some time amidst the hustle and bustle of the room, but he finally asked...

Max: Excuse me, do you mind telling me a bit about your class?

Victor looked at the boy and narrowed his eyes.

Victor: From the looks of you I'd say you're an Eliss, yes?

Immediately the energy between the two of them is relaxed.

Victor: Well then, you want to know about engineering? It's simple really, I mean, the engineering isn't simple, well for some it's simple but for others it's incredibly difficult. You see, we build things. Gadgets, gizmos, you name it, we build it. Of course, nothing too complicated for the first years, but we'll teach you how to build some introductory level equipment that'll help you turn the tide on the field. A well made machine can sometimes be more trustworthy than a power, wouldn't you agree?

There is a cadence to the way he speaks, almost like clockwork. It's relaxing.

Olivia & AJ (@patriotbear)

AJ was taking everything in when she heard a voice directed at her.

Oliva: Hey, I’m Olivia, but you can call me Liv. So what’s your story?

It took her a second but she realized this was her roommate, sweet!

AJ: Hey! Liv was it? I'm AJ! My story? Uhh... girl walks dog. Dog runs away. Girl chases after dog. Girl winds up near disastrous lab accident. Girl gets powers, wanna see?

Suddenly she high fives herself; there's another version of her. The duplicates high five, creating two more, this continues until there are 10 of her standing in front of you. They speak in unison.

AJ: Cool right?! It's how I get to take all these classes. Alright, back inside, let's go people!

The duplicates run back towards the original AJ who looked just like the others. They get reabsorbed into her body, and before you know it she's back to one!

AJ: I know, it's a lot to take in. Trust me. You should've seen my parents faces when THEY found out. It was priceless. Anyways it was nice meeting you!

Olivia: It was nice meeting you too, AJ., see you back at the room?

AJ: Sure thing, friend!

AJ runs into the crowd, creating duplicates of herself as she goes in order to meet as many people as possible.

Amane & Merlin & Nora (@geekryan)

Amane approached Merlin and before she knew it he was responding to her question, as if he knew what she was going to ask.

Merlin: Ah, yes, the water totem, one of several elemental totems. You must have some natural ability if it chose you as it's wielder, yes? Magic tends to be a bit picky with who gets to wield it, it took me ages to finally get Arthur to remove that sword from the stone, but the sword didn't want anyone else, oh no. Excuse me, I'm rambling aren't I? Well, Amane is it?

Amane, initially shocked, realized she was speaking to Merlin, of course he has some sort of intition.

Merlin: Well, Amane. I'm looking forward to helping you strengthen the bond between you and that totem. Be warned though, elemental objects put up quite a fight, but we'll beat it, won't we?

He smiles, it's a reassuring smile.

Suddenly other rush to his side to bombard him with questions, but you feel you got what you wanted. At that moment a younger girl arrives by your side.

Nora: Hello, Amane!

Amane: Oh. Umm....hello there. You must be Nora. I suppose we are roommates this year?

Nora: That's what Armstrong said! Isn't he cool? Like he's a big talking monkey! That's so cool, and gosh, you're pretty cool too! You can be like, my big sister or something? I promise I won't be an annoying little sister.

Nora realizes she's getting ahead of herself and reads the situation.

Nora: Sorry if I'm too excited. I've just only ever had a brother and now I get to be around some more girls. I've always wanted that.

She's certainly younger than you, but she's tender and caring and you can tell that this whole experience is really wonderful for her.

Saga got Barda's attention again as she spoke.

Saga: I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping things clean. There is a practicality to it too. Where I come from a school could get sued for a kid getting sick from going there.

Barda's eyes widened as she heard this.

Barda: Sickness is a way to weed out the weak, no? Anyways, these halls seem untested in battle. Maybe if we're lucky that will change. A chance to prove ourselves!

A silent awkward pause crept in as Saga changed the subject once again.

Saga: What kinds of species did you have? I'm guessing a lot on the bigger side right? My Earth's pretty tame really. Half of our wildlife seems to be dying and the other half is on the waiting list. None of them are really sentient.

Barda: It is a shame that your wildlife is dying; perhaps your Earth is going through a purging cycle.

Whatever that is it doesn't sound pleasant.

Barda: Our species were what many call Jurassic. Big, behemoth type creatures, massive. I expect it would be hard for most of the students here to fight one. Good thing they are here at school. Rundarr can teach them like he used to teach our people.

Barda has a certain intensity to what she says. She is clearly intelligent and skilled in battle, but social situations don't seem to be her strong-suit.

Sophie & Misty (@oldkaiser)

Misty and Sophie walked to their dorm, talking all the while. Suddenly Sophie got an idea.

Sophie: Miss Morrows, you’re an arachne. If you don’t mind me asking, do you know how to use webbing? It’d be a great help if you did.

Misty's eyes lit up.

Misty: Well first of all you can just call me Misty, silly! Miss Morrows sounds so professional, but maybe if I get to be a teacher here someday I can have people call me that!

She refocuses herself.

Misty: But webbing, yeah! I can shoot the stuff out of my hands, like this!

She does so and a jet of organic webbing ejects from her wrist.

Misty: I don't know if I could help you learn but I can try. Us arachne sort of just know how to do these sorts of things. It's in our nature, born this way, all that, you get it, right? Of course you do! You're so smart!

Hanging out with her will certainly give you an ego-boost.

Ryan and Hugo (@just_banter)

Hugo wasn't expecting anyone to approach him, after all, he is a rather intimidating figure, but of course, someone had to do it.

Ryan: Hi, I'm Ryan, and I'll be in your class this semester. I hope it's not too advanced because I don't know anything about biology.

Ryan laughed at this, but Hugo just stared at him.

Hugo: I will teach you what you need to know in order to evolve into your most effective self. Evolution is the most important aspect of life, is it not?

He glared at Ryan, expecting an answer.

#145 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

“Well alright, I guess I’ll have to sign up just like everyone else.” He looked up briefly flashing his sapphire eyes towards the ceiling for just a split second before letting them lock again with Mandy’s (@thetruebarryallen). “It was very nice meeting you.” He smiled genuinely and gestured as if he wanted to shake her hand.

#146 Posted by SeaGod (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Max nodded at his last name, "Yes sir I'm Max Eliss I'm the youngest of the three though surprised you know my siblings as they never showed any interest in engineering," Max answered honestly. He noticed something about the eyes of the teacher and wondered if there was a scanning ability in them. That would be highly useful for a engineer if he had to guess. "I agree about engineering though a well equipped person can turn the tides against even the most powerful or skilled opponent," he added starting to like the way the teacher thought.

#147 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: "That's what everyone around me's always said. It seems like my esper abilities come from my biology, that's why I wanted to do this class. Back when some guys from Omnium tried to pick me up for 'testing', they mentioned something about some gene or another. It made me real special they said. 'Z' gene, was it? Or maybe 'K?' Ryan paused for a second as he tried to remember but quickly gave up and shrugged. "In any case, I told them, no, but they wouldn't take it for an answer, so I uh..." Ryan trailed off as he tried to figure out how to explain the situation. "I told them no a bit less politely. They kept coming back for me after that but they weren't as talkative anymore, so I never did figure out what they were after." Ryan appears to catch himself and waves his arms in a panic. "Sorry, I started rambling!"

Ryan takes a moment to compose himself again. "Anyway, people have been talking to me about evolution my whole life, so I'm pretty curious as to what it's all about. We evolved from monkeys and the like, right? It also took millions of years for it to work, so it seems pretty strange for evolution to give us superpowers all of a sudden, but that's probably why I'm not an expert." Ryan laughed again, clearly enjoying this conversation more than Hugo.

#148 Posted by geekryan (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Amane approached Merlin and before she knew it he was responding to her question, as if he knew what she was going to ask.

Merlin: Ah, yes, the water totem, one of several elemental totems. You must have some natural ability if it chose you as it's wielder, yes? Magic tends to be a bit picky with who gets to wield it, it took me ages to finally get Arthur to remove that sword from the stone, but the sword didn't want anyone else, oh no. Excuse me, I'm rambling aren't I? Well, Amane is it?

Amane, initially shocked, realized she was speaking to Merlin, of course he has some sort of intition.

Merlin: Well, Amane. I'm looking forward to helping you strengthen the bond between you and that totem. Be warned though, elemental objects put up quite a fight, but we'll beat it, won't we?

He smiles, it's a reassuring smile.

Suddenly other rush to his side to bombard him with questions, but you feel you got what you wanted.

Amane was satisfied with her first interaction with Merlin. He came across as very wise and knowledgeable about magic, and she was certain she could learn a lot from him about her powers and her totem. Amane took note to continue getting acquainted with him.

At that moment a younger girl arrives by your side.

Nora: Hello, Amane!

Amane: Oh. Umm....hello there. You must be Nora. I suppose we are roommates this year?

Nora: That's what Armstrong said! Isn't he cool? Like he's a big talking monkey! That's so cool, and gosh, you're pretty cool too! You can be like, my big sister or something? I promise I won't be an annoying little sister.

Nora realizes she's getting ahead of herself and reads the situation.

Nora: Sorry if I'm too excited. I've just only ever had a brother and now I get to be around some more girls. I've always wanted that.

She's certainly younger than you, but she's tender and caring and you can tell that this whole experience is really wonderful for her.

Amane thought that Nora was very kind and innocent. A bit on the younger side, but it wouldn't do Amane well to ignore the girl or be rude. Her positivity and enthusiasm were refreshing, in a way.

Amane continues to smile and lets out a slight chuckle: "Yes, it will be fun to have some girl talk from time to time, what with all the boys in this school..."

As they make their way to their dormitory, Amane says: "So tell me a bit about yourself! What are your talents? I see we'll both be taking Magic this semester."

Amane does not feel threatened in the slightest by this young girl, but it would serve her well to learn more about who she is and what she is capable of. After all, they will be classmates and roommates throughout the year...

Nora is clearly seeking a sister-figure/role model to look up to...but Amane is unsure if she is the right person to aspire to...

#149 Posted by BataTest (420 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

@batatest said:

@thetruebarryallen: what happened to my conversation with Young?

Sorry, feel free to restart it here. I didn't really have any conversation on the bus between players and NPC students.