The Armstrong Academy (School is Closed Until Further Notice)

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Taking a form from the headmaster, Nathaniel silently took a seat near the back, preferring to observe his surroundings, as well as his new classmates. Laying his form out in front of him, Nathaniel silently considered the questions:

Question 1 - Class Selection

As a student of Armstrong Academy you may attend 2 classes per semester. These classes will help you improve your abilities as a hero. The classes are detailed below, please read them thoroughly and choose two.

Anatomy and Physiology 110: Physical Adaptations - This class focuses on learning about the anatomy of extra-terrestrial life forms and those enhanced by metahuman abilities.

Biology 152: Intro to Metahuman Powers - This class focuses on learning about the various powers and abilities that metahuman's possess.

Chemistry 141: Performance Enhancers - This class focuses on learning how to create various compounds that grant a temporary increase of physical abilities or even metahuman powers.

Combat 104: Using Your Hands - This class focuses on learning and applying martial arts skills to combat.

Engineering 148: Introduction to Gadgets - This class focuses on how to create and engineer your own gadgets for offensive, defensive, or supportive use.

Firearms 151: Introductions to Guns - This class focuses on learning and applying firearm skills to combat.

History 102: The History of Earth 1 - This class focuses on giving a detailed history of Earth 1, the Prime Earth in the Multiverse and the location of Armstrong Academy, granting knowledge of the heroes and villains that have populated this world.

Magic 160: Beginners Spell Casting - This class focuses on the introduction of magic and the occult, teaching students how to cast beginner level spells.

Melee Weapons 130: The Blunt and the Blade - This class focuses on learning and applying melee weapon skills to combat; covers a wide variety of weapons from the savage axe; crushing war-hammer, and piercing blade.

Physical Education 101: Improving Your Body - This class focuses on exercising the body to increase it's strength, durability and speed.

Well, my parents always encouraged me to understand how the world works, and I've always loved learning things I never thought possible. So I think I'm going to take Magic 160, as well as Engineering 148. Learn something new, as well as expand on what I'm already good at

Question 2 - What Type Of Hero Are You?

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. Choose the category that you most connect with.

• (A) - I am a beacon of hope and a shining example of super heroics. I help people because it makes me feel good and because it is the right thing to do.
  • (B) - I do what needs to be done, no matter the cost. I will make the required sacrifices to save the day, even if that makes me unpopular or feared by both friend and foe.
  • (C) - I'm actually more of a side-kick. I'd like to work with others to support them in their endeavors. I think team work makes the dream work.
  • (D) - Other; please explain.

I've never been the type to seek glory, but at the same time, I'm not about to go about seriously maiming people either. I'm better then that. I would say option C best fits me. I'd rather support people and work with others to achieve the best result

Question 3 - Tactics

This question is about how to prefer to operate; are you an upfront brawler or do you prefer sticking to the shadows?

• (A) - I charge in and deal with my problems head on, using my fists and melee weapons to get the job done!
  • (B) - I like to keep my distance and analyze the situation, also firearms are fun.
  • (C) - I rely on my powers to help me save the day, I like using them in creative and experimental ways.

Hmmm, Option A is definitely out of the question, option B is closer, but not quite right. Option C is probably the closest, albeit not 100% correct. I'll pick option C

Question 4 - Why Armstrong Academy

We'd like to know why you chose to come to our school.

• (A) - I wanted to learn how to be a better hero and this is the best school for that.
  • (B) - I want to learn more about my past and think this will help me.
  • (C) - I don't know, it seemed fun?

Well, looking over these options, Option A is definitely the closest one

Question 5 - What Do You Hope To Accomplish

This is a short answer question; what do you, as a student here at Armstrong Academy, hope to have accomplished by the end of your first year. What are your goals? Ambitions?

I hope to learn more about how I can use my talents to the best of my abilities. To help people wherever I can

Setting down his pen with a self assured nod, he examined his classmates, who also seemed to be working on the same sheet as Nate was

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@giliad_: @lunacyde

Abe looked focused his eyes on the leprechaun so that Al could see him as well, " has he been listening to you" he said cautiously and mostly annoyed. "This is why we shouldn't meet new people recklessly Al"

From outside perspective Abe was just growling and screeching into Al's ear with quick glances towards Barney.

"Hush it Abe, I'm curious don't tell me you're not." Al said with more naive excitement. "OK Guys now its a party."

Abe looked at Al and realized a way to turn his idiot friend naivety into victory " You know what Al, Yeah lets play cards"

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54 Lunacyde  Moderator

@giliad_:"I don't know you, but I think I'd like to" Jack nodded with a wry smile. His hand was still firmly clasped with Barney's. "This whole orientation business is a bit of a drag. How about we get to know each other better with a bit of friendly poker and drinking, you, me, Al @stormshadow_x here and his exotic companion."

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@vertigo-: Nice! Classmates! :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vertigo-

@floopay: which class are you in?

edit: nvm. just looked at your post

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thetruebarryallen

Post 1

Billy exited the transport still bewildered at the all the technology that he's seeing for the first time, he pinches his arm to see if this is a dream. So much all so new Billy definitely not in the wild west any more, he's in much wilder and weirder place than he's ever been before.

"Well mama you wanted your son to get a good education, don't think you had this mind."

Looking at his questionnaire Billy is glad he learned to read, unlike his dear ol pa

Firearms 151: Introductions to Guns - This class focuses on learning and applying firearm skills to combat.

History 102: The History of Earth 1 - This class focuses on giving a detailed history of Earth 1, the Prime Earth in the Multiverse and the location of Armstrong Academy, granting knowledge of the heroes and villains that have populated this world.

Eye for an Eye, Hand for a Hand. Do good things and good things happen, do bad things,.... well you know the rest.

Question 3 - Tactics

• (B) - I like to keep my distance and analyze the situation, also firearms are fun.

Ma told me not be an ass like Pa. She told be to be great like the Rockefellers. A smarter and better man for the world

Learn more about the world, get a bigger gun, and make sure I'm good enough to stop all the no good vermin from harming good people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Addie was excited but nervous. She looked around at the other students, unsure if she wanted to prolong eye contact them because the last thing she wanted was to interact at THIS moment. She was actually shy, In an effort to minimize her presence there (if she even had one), she kept her head down, occasionally smirking in passing as the rest of the invited freshmen moved by her and around her, until they found their seats. She glanced back down at the questionnaire with an extra boost of anticipation as the students huddled around their own desks and pressed their pencils to the paper as well.

Question 1 -

Selected Classes:

• Anatomy and Physiology 101
  • Intro to Metahuman Powers

Easy one.

Question 2 -

Answer:

(D)

Hero? I don't view myself as such. I like to help people and treat people how I'd like to be treated, but I don't know label myself in such a way.

I've assisted in my neighbor's cause when his house was broken into. I couldn't sleep and I heard him shouting. The light were off in his house and being meddlesome, I ventured over there to check on Mr. Hughes. Mostly a grumpy and distant old man, he sounded scared that night. I remember peering into his side window from behind a fence before a flash of blue and white scampered between the thin open areas of the fence post and briefly disrupted my line of sight. It was Hughes running from someone. All I saw was shadows turning around the corner of his patio as I myself attempted to flee. I just remember getting dizzy and in and out of consciousness in a matter of seconds and then flat I fell. As I lie, sprawled out on the lawn, I can see a distorted image of human figures flying above me. Not intentionally flying but it looked as if they were being catapulted. They had ski masks son so I assumed they were running away or learned to fly and tried to escape because they heard me......................................... -_________- I'm kidding. I don't know what the heck was happening but no, I'm no hero. I still have dreams about that incident though.

Question 3 -

Selected Answer:

(D)

I suppose this can also be answered in a "What I would do" scenario?

I'd try to find help. If I couldn't, I could and would most certainly try to help those less fortunate, but I have no idea how that'd pan out. Saving someone from a burning building? I'd like to. Save someone from drowning? I'd try, definitely. I believe if I had the opportunity to help someone, or even save another persons' life, I have no doubt in my mind that I'd at least try.

Question 4 -

Selected Answer/Response:

Addie wanted to learn more about others but also more about herself. She still had questions about her own being; her own existence. What were her dreams in reference to, and why did they reoccur often. She knew there were people with "abilities", but were there others like her? Was there at least someone who could understand better than even she could? She hoped.

Question 5 -

Selected Answer/Response:

My goal is to better understand who I am and why I never feel satisfied. I want to learn more about whatever in the world this is, that finds itself so fond of me, and why I'm used as its home. Is it just who I am? It can't be.

It speaks to me sometimes.

I think I can understand that here. Also, I think it'd be cool to learn how to be a hero. These people seem nice.

@thetruebarryallen

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By blackspidey2099

@thetruebarryallen

Post 0:

Ikol walked into the grand hall, awestruck at the sheer grandiosity of the school after having completed the tour. Sure, he had see plenty of amazing things in his life so far, but he hadn't been expecting the school to be anything this amazing. And Headmaster Armstrong was one of the most charismatic, larger-than-life figures he had ever seen... in fact, he reminded Ikol of a certain someone. He froze, taking in the world around him, eager to experience and explore every nook and cranny of the place, until a neighboring freshman nudged him - "Hey, you realize there's a form you need to fill out, right?"

Mildly embarassed, Ikol shook himself out of the stupor and began to read the orientation form.

Form:

Question 1 - Class Selection :

Ikol had so many varied plans he wanted to carry out, but for now, he was content to gain a stronger footing in the fundamentals, marking down Engineering 148 and Physical Education 101.

"Hehehe", Ikol thought to himself. "If only they knew..." In time, they would. For now though, Ikol didn't want to be seen as someone who took the spotlight, circling (C) - I'm actually more of a side-kick. I'd like to work with others to support them in their endeavors. I think team work makes the dream work.

Question 3 - Tactics

This was easy... (C) - I rely on my powers to help me save the day, I like using them in creative and experimental ways.

Question 4 - Why Armstrong Academy?

Ikol didn't want to give too much away at the beginning of the journey they were all embarking on... pondering his options, he eventually decided on what he wanted the instructors and his peers to think of him. "For now, this should suffice..." (C) - I don't know, it seemed fun?

Continuing with his personality from his previous choices, Ikol set his pen down to paper and started writing.

It seems like this is where everything's going down, and I've got to stay at the center of the action. What else would I do with myself? I'm here to make connections, hone my skills, and all in all, just have a good time - no matter how many rules I have to break on the way. What's life without a bit of excitement?

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

Sophie listened closely. She couldn't help but let out a slight chirp of excitement as she received the folder. The little girl, perhaps the youngest of the freshmen, opened up the suitcase she brought with her. The bag, almost her size, contained everything Mama Mantis thought she might need. Seeing a jar of salted butterflies hidden behind her clothes alonside a "love you" note, mind you, brought a warm smile to her face. Sophie eventually found what humans called an "ink pen" in a corner of the case and, holding it in her trembling hands - or rather, trembling front legs, tried to fill in the questions.

1) As a student of Armstrong Academy you may attend 2 classes per semester. These classes will help you improve your abilities as a hero. The classes are detailed below, please read them thoroughly and choose two.

After dropping her pencil a few times, Sophie managed to roughly circle the words "engineering" and "combat." She sighed. Pens clearly hadn't been made for mantids. Regardless, Sophie had made a smart call. At least she thought so. Mama always said she had a good head on her shoulders. As for the second choice, she had always wanted to learn praying mantis kung fu back home. Sadly that was a boys-exclusive activity on the island.

2) Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. Choose the category that you most connect with.

Ms. Adjani thought a bit and then quickly circled the letter "C." She didn't mind being behind the scenes in the least. To be frank, Sophie didn't mind much for heroics or sacrifice or doing the right thing. Praying mantises are predators, after all, despite her inheriting some empathy from her Pa. She'd much rather do her own thing behind the shadow of someone else than have to put on a mask and pretend to be something else.

3) This question is about how to prefer to operate; are you an upfront brawler or do you prefer sticking to the shadows?

Again, Ms. Adjani picked "C." She giggled innocently. Since she had brought along so many "friends" with her, it didn't make sense to have to do all the work herself.

4) We'd like to know why you chose to come to our school.

The candid girl chose "C" once more. However, she paused before the next question. She didn't know how to answer and blushed. Not because she didn't have an answer, that I must say lest you should get the wrong idea. Rather, it was because her handwriting looked more like a cross between hieroglyphs and cuneiform than proper space-english as her awkward appendages fiddled with the pen.

5) This is a short answer question; what do you, as a student here at Armstrong Academy, hope to have accomplished by the end of your first year. What are your goals? Ambitions?

Finally, she had an idea. She picked up the pen with her mouth and quickly wrote what could be deciphered as follows. "I wa(n)t to ge(t) to experience new th(i)ngs that c(an)'t be fou(n)d wher(e) I lived." Pleased with herself, she ran up to turn in her folder with a smile that could melt ice - a smile so warm that it'd likely give a polar bear a panic attack.

Only later would someone suggest that she should use her other "legs" - her arms and hands - to write.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen

Trevor took one of the forms and quietly walked to a seat towards the corner of the room, quickly eyeing the many superpowered individuals around him. Although he was obviously aware that people like him with extraordinary abilities existed, he was still quite surprised by the sheer number of them and how blatant some of their powers were. His eyes moved to the form and he began to fill it out.

• Anatomy and Physiology 110: Physical Adaptations
  • Physical Education 101: Improving Your Body

• B

Question 3 - Tactics

• A

• D

I mean,I've been living on the streets for most of my life taking out petty criminals until you guys showed up. I guess I'm here because you guys think that I have the potential to do something greater with my life, and that's something I'd certainly appreciate.

Become stronger and be given a place where I can use my strength to help as many people as I can, I suppose. By the looks of it I'm going to be alive for a long while, so I might as well try and help the people who won't be.

Satisfaction would be too strong of a word, but Trevor was at least content with his brief responses and neatly folded up the form, and continued to sit quietly for new directions from the teaching staff. He simply hoped that he would get along with whomever was chosen to be his roommate, and that his answers didn't attract the... wrong kind of person.

BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BataTest

No Caption Provided

George Reynolds Upshaw

“Great, a chance at a reasonably normal teenage life” George thought, stepping off the bus. Adjusting the pack strap, that dug uncomfortably into his heavily muscled shoulder. His bald head beading sweat in the sunlight. This really was an impressive campus! Private Labs, research facilities, training halls; caught up in the enthusiasm and youthful energy of the day. He joked to a strange young fellow, he rode with on the trip, “Back to school again, for the first time.”

Looking around at the wide-eyed innocence of his peers, though raised his suspicion, how many people had he walked pass on missions with just such a look. Those unaware dazed eyes.

And a sudden foreboding feeling gripped his imagination as he recalled the schooling, he received at fourth echelon. “We were coming to be programmed into the set path assigned for us.”

As he recalled the betrayal, from his mentors and pseudo parents. His observation training snapped back into mind. He began making quick assessments of his surroundings planning exit strategies/identifying potential threats.

At this point the headmaster began handing out folders to the Freshman class: Questionnaires

“This school is filled with strange creatures, people with incredible powers, and strange bodies. I’m a big guy but there are some here who dwarf me! What are they? How did they develop such power? Can they be killed, can they be stopped, and if so, how? These two classes look like my best bet for finding out.”

• Anatomy and Physiology 110: Physical Adaptations - This class focuses on learning about the anatomy of extra-terrestrial life forms and those enhanced by metahuman abilities.
  • Biology 152: Intro to Metahuman Powers - This class focuses on learning about the various powers and abilities that metahuman's possess.

• (B) – “Tough question. View the field from all sides, and you’ll realize very few things are cut and dry.” A flood of difficult decisions he’d made on mission raced through his mind. None of them particularly good or bad. But each necessary, depending on whose side you were looking from. Finally, he circled option B. With a little flexibility given to what “save the day” actually means it could still apply.

I do what needs to be done, no matter the cost. I will make the required sacrifices to save the day, even if that makes me unpopular or feared by both friend and foe.

Question 3 – Tactics

“Come on man I’m a spy what do you expect me to say. But I do have some unique skills that I like to factor into my stealth.“

• (D) I like to keep my distance and analyze the situation, avoiding direct confrontation if necessary. Completing the objective is more important, then the ego driven need to prove something. Ghosting is my favorite tactic (If I must go loud, then yeah guns are fun)

• (D) Beware the dreamers of the day; for the dreams of the day are dangerous men, they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.

• To head my own organization, of agents.

Completing the form he went and turned it in personally, not wanting to give out his reasoning behind class and study selection.

@thetruebarryallen

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lunacyde: @stormshadow_x: The green-suited individual casually brushed over Jack's questioning statement with a blaśe shrug and continued to listen to the heavier built man while Alister conversed with his peculiar companion in a series of pitch-varied growls. The Leprechauns eyes darted about jarringly as he listened to Jack speak, frequently switching between the two individuals before him and regarding them in their entirety. His eyes where narrow and gold. A brilliant golden colour that would catch the light and shimmer but every-so-often, at a very specific angle, the gold of his iris dulled and his eyes became a gently burning fire that was mesmerising to view and seemingly never-ending. This phenomenon lasted only a fraction of a second but felt like an eternity. Suddenly, a sharp snap of his head in the silver-haired boys direction followed by a piercing stare from his shimmering eyes drew pause from Alister and their incoherent rambling ceased - if only for the briefest of moments - as the golden eyes of the Leprechaun locked with the bronze jewels of the serpent about his neck. What occurred in an instant but felt significantly longer was ended when one of Barney's eyes quickly shut and his face contorted to flash a cheeky grin. The Leprechauns wink had a mischief to it - most of the green-clad creatures mannerisms had unnerving undertones of mischief - but also a certain 'knowledge' about it as if it was in response to the small Dragons manic arguing. In fitting fashion Barney didn't give anymore consideration to the moment - the Leprechaun acted as if everything was just to be experience in the moment and not to be dwelled on - almost entirely disregarding it and continuing to converse with Jack.

Barney's eyes lit with enthusiasm at the mere mention of whiskey and both hands quickly sunk into his fitted green jacket withdrawing a large bottle and two patterned glasses - no matter what way you looked at it, there was no possible way, considering their size, that the three items could have fit in the exceedingly small pockets of his jacket and certain not without being glaringly obvious - and yet the Leprechaun produced them without the merest of consideration - and Barney quickly went on to fill the two glasses held in his left hand. The entire ordeal didn't last more than a few seconds as Barney, with impressive dexterity, seamlessly produced two glasses of what looked, and - if Jack had been close enough to smell- smelt, like Whiskey with the efficiency of a seasoned bartender.

"Sounds good to me, lad"

Barney spoke as he raised the two glasses - one gripped upright between his thumb and index finger while the other was held at a slight angle below it by his little finger. Bringing the glass to his lips the amber fluid immediately vanished. Leaving a moment to savour the flavour he continued.

"Well it's nice meeting you fellas, I'm off now but I'll find you's later an we'll play a bit a cards, aye?"

By the time he finished speaking he was already turning to leave. His grip loosened on the two glasses and he used his now empty hand to open up his jacket and place the large bottle into his inside pocket. Bizarrely no loud smash could be heard - as would be expected when a certain force called gravity meant that, usually, when objects where released from rest they would accelerate downwards and in the case of a glass, shatter on impact - instead both glasses simply never hit the ground. No smash, no thud - if somehow the glasses did not shatter - just the sound of the chipper green man walking away.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@giliad_

"Now that is one neat trick my friend" Barney was already walking away but Jack's eyes were still wide with interest. "Later it is." He smiled mischieviously, visions of whiskey and potted gold swirling in his head.

@stormshadow_x

Snapping from his daze after a brief moment he turned to Al and Abe. "Looks like the cards will have to wait." He rubbed the back of his neck gently. "For now though how about a friendly wager?" A devilish grin crept across his face and it was highly probable nothing good could come of it. He surveyed the room for but a moment, then turned his attention back to the blind kid and his exceedingly unamused dragon. "See that girl over there? My lady Ava here against one of your dragon's eggs that I can get her to join our card game" He drew the gun from its holster ever so carefully and planted a kiss on the cold steel indicating it was indeed the gun he was calling Ava. "What do ya say?

Ssx - OoC - He's teasing about the eggs. I just didn't know what you had on you to wager so I thought he'd start off with a joke.

@patriotbear is the girl Jack points to.

No Caption Provided
OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sazzmi:

No Caption Provided

Sophie picked up a few of the salted insects her Mama had lovingly sent to her. She brought one to her mouth and savored the delicacy. The girl closed her eyes and spun around, hugging the butterfly jar, in a very cute way.

Butterfly really is the best~~

It was then that she noticed a pair of antennae peeking above the rest of the crowd. She walked closer to see who it might be.

"Hey miss, hey miss..."

Sophie tugged on the ant's leg. As she looked down at the warm child, Sophie raised up her jar - much like a peace offering or something of sorts.

"I wasn't expecting to see someone like you around here. Miss, you want some butterflies? These are the best you've ever tried, trust me."

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration @vertigo-

Ikol was bored. He was here for some excitement, not to sit around filling out forms! His idle mind soon came up with something entertaining - for him at least, if not others. He had seen what looked like a dragon in the halls, so he conjured up an illusion of a majestic dragon, roaring at the two bookish classmates he had sitting next to him. As they screamed and scrambled away, his laughs filled the hall. "Sorry about that you guys, but this form is boring me out of my mind... Do you guys wanna see if there's anything more interesting to do around here?"

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I glanced around the room, my eyes were drawn to a hulking beast (@floopay). What was it? It looked like something between an ogre and a Vampire of the Black Court, neither of which were my favorite creatures. I would have to be wary of it. As I turned to observe the room, I noticed what appeared to be a mix between a human and a praying mantis (@oldkaiser), munching on what appeared to be butterflies and I thought to myself.

No Caption Provided

What the actual hell was this school. I thought it was a school for heroes, not freaks. But then again, I suppose I must be a freak of nature from their point of view as well. I'll just have to bear with it, but I don't think I'd mind stepping on a bug or taking out the trash.

OOC: No hard feelings, it's just not in character for me to have any positive feelings towards you. Love you guys.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Is it still too late to apply? I've always wanted to make a spear fighter, like Oberyn or Leonidas

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@thetruebarryallen: Is it still too late to apply? I've always wanted to make a spear fighter, like Oberyn or Leonidas

Get me something by the end of the day, that's within the limits search for the Sign Up Thread and I'll let you in.

BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BataTest

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

"Hey Young," George called. Jogging across the hall to catch up to his bus mate.

The bus sat two to a row and he'd enjoyed Archimedes company. Though still a youth, by George's estimation, he seemed to have a solid head on his shoulders. I mean he wasn't flipping his shit about coming to a school like this at such a young age? A sign of composure if nothing else.

"What do you think about all this?" he said. Placing a gentle hand on the young mans shoulder, as he turned, off handily gesturing to the expansive campus?

OOC: George's powers are activated by touch, so my placing my hand on his shoulder was a friendly gesture, but also to activate my powers and gain some history about the character.

"Where are you bunking at?" He asked rough housing, a little bit tousling the young bucks head in a playful manner. He'd always wondered what it would be like to have a younger brother. Which is part of the reason he choice to sit next to Young.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By stormshadow_x

@lunacyde:

Al waved goodbye to Barney (@giliad_) thinking he was quite the charming guy and reminded him of one of his street friends back home.

Al turned his attention to Jack as he explained his wager ignoring the sound of Abe complaining about the fact he can't lay eggs into his ear. Al agreed to the circumstances despite being unable to see the girl( @patriotbear )but a guy like Jack probably has some form of taste.

"Sure I'll even bet one of Abe's scales" Al agreed to ignoring the fact that Jack clearly knew Abe mos likely didn't lay eggs, though this comment gained him a swift neck tap from a certain bronze tail.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SeaGod

@thetruebarryallen:

Max was awestruck as he walked the halls and took in the various sights that he passed. Every sight left him speechless. He was especially interested in the science equipment. He was only knocked out of his spell by the form that was set in front of him.

Question 1:

Max had to think hard on this one as while he was already quite skilled in engineering he felt like he wouldn't have access to the material he needed without taking the class. So that class was a obvious one however the second option left him with some questions. He knew he had some decent combat skills when it came to weapons and some unarmed combat. He wasn't too sure his body needed any improvements yet so his final choice had to be a power one. While as a scientist he didn't have much faith in magic he still knew from the work of the Magirangers that magic was a powerful force in the right hand. Still the final choice for him had to be biology as that power may help him overcome what he lacks.

Choices: engineering and biology

Question 2:

He never really thought much about what type of hero he would be. He knew he wasn't strong enough to say that he was going to be a beacon of hope that will save everyone on the planet like the heroes he admired yet he wanted to be a hero that can protect those in front of him and allow their smiles to carry on.

D: A hero that protects those that he can while looking for the future of being a hero to all.

Question 3:

That was a hard question for him as Max while he did have a sword he used also had a boomerang and shield too. That said he didn't want to use such a tactic unless the battle called for it as he felt like a secret weapon was needed. So being a ranged or melee was hard to say.

D: I prefer to change my tactics based on the opponent and need.

Question 4:

This question actually caused Max to pause for 5 minutes as he thought about the implications as to why he was here. He knew he wanted to surpass his siblings who were so far above him. That said what then? His end game couldn't just be that and nothing else as he wasn't exactly sure what it truly meant to surpass them. Maybe coming here would give him some guidance on where to take his path beyond just surpassing his family

I want to create my own identity independent from my family as I work to strive my own path. This academy trains the best heroes so it should be here that I can find out what I am capable of for now and in the future.

Question 5:

Max wasn't sure why asking why this question was added. It seemed like it could have fit just as well in the previous question making it a two part question more than anything else. Still he figured he couldn't just leave the response blank so he quickly wrote down a quick response to the question.

See answer to question 4.

Interactions:

Max was overwhelmed by the different people he saw around him. There were so many people with so many different backgrounds it was kind of overwhelming. There were so many people with so many unique looks to them he didn't know how to interact them so instead he let out a nervous sigh of exasperation and quickly turned in his form then returned to his seat as he waited for the next phase of orientation.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Lunacyde  Moderator

(@stormshadow_x) “No idea what I’ll do with a dragon scale, but what the hell, we have a deal.” Jack turned abruptly, swaggering over in the direction of the girl (@patriotbear)he had spotted. He flashed his most debonair smile as he approached, his blue eyes blazing with confidence. Pushing through the other students milling about he made his way toward her. She was talking to another student nearby as he closed in. “Excuse me, the name’s Jack Twain and I’m getting together a little poker game later... you look like quite the player. Care to join us?”

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

Oof, what I wouldn't do to her... and boy, does her friend's a--- "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?!" screamed Arfuna, as he rolled away, summoning his darkness guns only to stand up that what he soon realized was a conjured illusion. Its master took away the dragon, and Arfuna, embarrassed, kept his gun trained on the seemingly juvenile figure before him.

"Sorry about that you guys, but this form is boring me out of my mind... Do you guys wanna see if there's anything more interesting to do around here?", asked his fellow new student.

Putting his guns away slowly, Arfuna responded:

"That's not the kind of thing you should be doing in a place like this. We're here to be heroes, not whatever the hell it is you are. But I'll tell you one thing, I admire your guts. I'm Arfuna."

He then turned to his other victim-in-arms (@vertigo-) , and waited for a response.

PatriotBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde@stormshadow_x

Olivia had seen the cocksure fool approaching, hoping she was not the target of his advance. What a joke he was, the smug look on his face, the arrogant way he took each step, as if the earth itself invited each step forward. I swear I’ll punch him square in the face she thought as her ears registered each footfall. Rolling her eyes she finally turned to face him. “What do you think this is some kind of joke? You may not take this opportunity seriously, but I do, so buzz off.” She looked him square in the face for added effect. “That’s a no genius.”

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go get 'em, girl.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@patriotbear“Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down for a second.” He seemed unphased by her abrupt rejection. He leaned in closer and spoke more softly. “Are you so heartless you would deprive a poor blind kid the chance to play poker? The kid looks like the only friend he’s ever had is a lizard”. He pointed in (@stormshadow_x) Al’s direction where she could see the frail-looking boy, his pale eyes unresponsive to the commotion around him. “I’m pretty sure he’s never played before. We need another player for a proper game. You don’t have to like me, but do it for Al.”

PatriotBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde@stormshadow_x

Liv pounded her fist down on a nearby desk. “You’re lucky that’s not your teeth” she glared. “Al’s the kid over there with the dragon?” She set her jaw tightly pondering her predicament. Damnit she thought to herself. I do not need this distraction. But, she did have a soft spot for the less fortunate, and if she could help this blind kid make some friends maybe that would be enough good for today. He did look awful alone. Dad had taught her how to play a few kinds of poker. One of the perks about being around the squad all those years, they’d always deal her in, make her feel like part of the family. At the least she could look out for the kid.

“Fine” she grumbled, her face showing her displeasure. “I guess someone has to make sure you don’t swindle this poor kid.”

OoC - Touche'

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: @patriotbear:

Oh I've got to see this and so do you Abe said as he saw Jack waltz over to whats apparently a fine female specimen but what would he know. He made sure Al could see through his eye's at the sight before them.

Before Jack even had a chance to fully explain the girl exploded on him cause a grin to form on the Dragon's face or as close as possible and a small chuckle from Al.

Abe and Al heard the game Jack was using with their eye sight condition and played along, Abe even commented that He's beginning to like this guyas Al continues staring downward into space despite being able to see through the wandering eyes of Abe. But if he ever calls me a lizard again I'll burn him.

No you won't not unless you want that principal guy to stuff you in a cage Al said confidently adding on to the facade by talking to a lizard only he could understand.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deadline Advancement 1

The next advancement will occur on Tuesday at 5PM EST.

Please have your posts completed by Tuesday (2/12) 12PM EST.

Thank you!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Lunacyde  Moderator

@patriotbear “And your name is?” Jack asked with mock sweetness. “ I must have missed it earlier.”

PatriotBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde@stormshadow_x

"I'm already regretting this, get out of here before I change my mind." She palmed her face.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Jack returned with a bounce in his step. "Alright boys, (@stormshadow_x) she's in, which means its time to pay up". He rubbed his thumb and middle finger with a wild grin. "Now we just need to figure out how you're gonna play cards without bein' able to see 'em." He drew Ava from his front holster and twirled her once around his finger. "Can't you just tell the cards you got by smellin' 'em or soemthing? I knew a guy once who could do that."

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Vertigo-

@blackspidey2099@supremegeneration

As Nate contemplated upon improving upon his spider-bot design using the schools facilities, all of a sudden a dragon appeared nearby. "What the?!" Nate exclaimed, whilst leaping backwards and bringing up a telekinetic shield to guard himself. Noticing a boy nearby also pull out what seemed to be dark colored firearms, whilst also being surprised. He watched as the dragon disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. Evidently it had all been a simple illusion

"Sorry about that you guys, but this form is boring me out of my mind... Do you guys wanna see if there's anything more interesting to do around here?" The caster said while trying to suppress his laughs.

Nate noticed that the other boy slowly lowered his gun, putting it away, Nate kept his shield up, not sure what to make of them yet.

"That's not the kind of thing you should be doing in a place like this. We're here to be heroes, not whatever the hell it is you are. But I'll tell you one thing, I admire your guts. I'm Arfuna."- said the boy who had the dark colored guns. The boy (Arfuna) then looked at Nate.

Addressing the unknown boy-"Causing trouble this early on into your enrollment seems counterproductive in wanting to become a hero. I'm going to have to decline your offer to see about something more 'interesting'"

Addressing Arfuna- "I'm not entirely sure how that took guts, although your dark colored firearms do intrigue me. They almost seemed to be radiating some kind of unknown energy. My name is Nathaniel, by the way"

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: @patriotbear

Al waited on the sidelines acting as if he wasn't somewhat aware of whats going on but with a short conversation with Abe the two had something in mind.

As Jack walked back to them he heard the sound of his voice and answered his inquiry about a blind kid playing a visual game.

"No worries I can "feel" the shapes on the cards and their position as they were imprinted, just like reading." Al said smiling while still looking down though "I could admittedly use a quick refresher on how to play" Al, softly chuckled trying to make up for the fact he actually didn't know as Abe positioned himself on Al's shoulder having a unrecognizable smirk.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

Get me something by the end of the day, that's within the limits search for the Sign Up Thread and I'll let you in.

Name: Antonio the Lesser

Body: Black Panther

Skill Set: Okoye

Power: I don't know yet

Special Gear: He wields a spear

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Lunacyde  Moderator

"Impressive...and here I was worrying about you. Seems like you'll be just fine kid.(@stormshadow_x)" Jack squinted, producing a deck of cards from his back pocket. "As far as the rules, don't you worry about that, it's easy." He opened the cardboard box, slipping the cards out with a quick flick of his wrist. He began shuffling them with great dexterity, the cards whizzing and whirring as he whipped them between his hands with blinding speed. "Who knows how long this is gonna take, might as well get a few lessons in." Jack began to explain the rules in full; the hands, the betting, the whole nine yards. He even let Al in on a few tricks of the trade so to speak. "By the time we're done here you'll be beating me." He smiled at Al, "you better not beat me."

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldkaiser

"Someone like me?" Nyra was clearly confused but easily maintained her composure. She's getting recognition already, not entirely unexpected, lesser beings flock to the presence of a higher power after all. What was not expected was that she would receive an offering this early, even before displaying her greatness.

"I appreciate your gift, at least someone recognizes my superiority" Nyra eyeballs the 'butterfly' and then at the girl. Doesn't seem dangerous. She cautiously takes her first bite. A satisfying crunch was heard and a wave a flavor flooded her mouth. A flavor that was both parts salty and abrasive yet still juicy and soothing. Definitely not anything bland that's for sure. She bites it again, consuming the entire thing and again she was greeted by another wave of flavor, further understanding both the creature she was eating and the creature she was eating with.

"Hmmm, not bad. A 'butterfly' you call it? It's... tasty, although a bit small. Did you make this?"

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sazzmi:

“You don’t have butterflies where you’re from?”

Sophie let out a girly giggle.

“It’s a specialty back home, y’know~. My mum made these.”

She combed her hair back with her hand, showing more of her happy face. The girl was glad to have someone to talk to.

“But I can make you some more later if you’d like some.”

The girl bit into another one. She sat down on her suitcase and extended her legs, resting them from the long ride. She sighed out of tiredness before turning to face the young miss.

“Miss, I haven’t asked you your name.” She pointed to herself. “This one is Sophie. Sophie Adjani of the Mantid Isles.”

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By blackspidey2099

@vertigo-: @supremegeneration:

"Ugh, y'all are no fun whatsoever... but even that's better than this dumb form, I guess," said Ikol as he rolled his eyes before blurting "Well, call me Ikol, fellow classmates!" - going from exasperated to excited in the blink of an eye. "And who might you two be?"

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldkaiser:

There was once a people called Sphingidaens that would trade with Oecphyallans before the all the civil wars. These 'butterflies' shared some similar features to that species. Although they were clearly inferior, Nyra never thought of them as food though. Makes her wonder how other intelligent species taste...

"I am called Nyra, no surname. The culture I was born into didn't require them as we were all birthed by the same queen. However, I'm the only one worthy to be a child of a monarch," She said with a smug smile.

She sat down with the Sophie, "If you dont mind me asking, what classes did you take, little one?"

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"It feels like we've been sitting here forever?" I thought to myself "Does that giant monkey intend to keep us here all day?"

A dragon quickly appeared, roared, and then disappeared.

"Obviously some kind of prank" I thought, and then mischievously grinned. "Ice floor? Pain shock? The possibilities are endless"

But I restrained myself. This was not the time nor place.

"I'd rather make a good impression, after all, I'm stuck with these guys for the moment"

Instead I made my way towards the principal (@thetruebarryallen). It was a bit crowded, but it was no problem for me to find my way around. So I made my way up to the podium, and tried to look as professional as I could while addressing a giant gorilla in a suit. "Not gonna lie, this would be funny if I had a banana" I thought to myself.

"Excuse me, sir? I'm Jökul. I was thinking about taking the Introduction to Guns class. I wanted to meet the teacher though... Where would he be?"

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Later that night

They set Jack’s dorm as the rendezvous point for the poker game later that evening, and as the dorm lights began to dwindle one by one each of the new students slipped into his room. It was stark and bare, with little personality or character of its own. The walls were plain, and the cabinets empty save for a few large bags of jerky, a case of homemade cider, a gallon of scotch whisky, and a few bottles of sweet Eupraxian wine. A sleeping bag and pillow were rolled out over the bare bed, and a carton of cigarettes lay sprawled across the top of his nightstand next to a dimly lit lamp. He picked up the carton, tapping it gently a few times and then plucking a thin cigarette from the box, placing it between his lips. In a flash he produced a lighter from his back pocket, as well as a deck of playing cards. He drew out the cards slowly, then tossed the empty box aside. Lighting the cigarette with one hand he began shuffling the cards with the other. “The game’s five card stud, small ante, whatever ya got, deuces wild.”

They played for hours, several different varieties of poker and even a few more exotic card games from across the multiverse. Barney (@giliad_) and Jack began hitting the booze right away, their senses of humor and class becoming slowly more sophomoric as the night progressed... particularly Jack’s. Soon Jokul had joined, them, though his drinking habits were tame in contemplation of the other two. It was little surprise when Olivia (@patriotbear) lit into Jack hard with her fist following one of his more ...adventurous remarks. The blow sent him flying across the room, to the laughter of all, even Jack himself. Thinking it was exceedingly funny Jokul (@jacthripper) implored Olivia to deck him too, but she declined despite his best efforts.

Al (@stormshadow_x) made out like a bandit, playing his blind status up fully. How could any of them have known he could see through Abe? Jack and Olivia were both trying their hardest to help him along, at least until Jack got too drunk to care. Even Barney took it easy on the little blind kid, though he had a pretty good idea Al wasn’t nearly so helpless as he put on. For his part Abe was mostly quiet, observing the room with his cold eyes, each brilliant like distant orbs of fire. Though he couldn’t be sure, Jack was even pretty sure Abe enjoyed himself, but that could have just been the liquor talking.

Olivia did pretty well for herself throughout the night winning several glasses of wine she refused to drink, one of Abe’s scales and the rest of Jack’s cigarettes, which she promptly crushed to dust in her hand, much to Jack’s dismay. His spirirts were soon lifted though, as Olivia found herself the proud owner of Jokul's severed finger, an idea that seemed quite bright to Jokul in his slightly inebriated state. Irked by her prize she soon pawned it off on Al, who despite not being able to see thought it was hilarious.

As it turns out there really is a luck of the Irish, for despite the best efforts of his new compatriots Barney came home with the most impressive haul, encompassing several shirts out of Jack’s drawers, a flashlight from Olivia, a pocketwatch from Al, Jokul's broken compass, a couple peanuts of questionable origin, and over a dozen shots of Jack’s whisky. Al wasn’t quite as lucky, but satisfied nonetheless. He went home with his beautiful new finger, an odd pound or so of deer jerky, and Jack's derringer, as well as a promise of homemade steak from Olivia. Jack himself drank most of his winnings, but did end up with one of Barney’s anti-magic throwing darts. Even Jokul got in on some of the winning with a few strips of jerky of his own and a few swigs of whiskey.

After Olivia left though is when Jokul came into his element, talking Jack and Barney into a competition to see who could take the most punches while Al and Abe watched. Emerging the victor earned him Jack’s flask and a small pocket knife from Barney. It was early in the morning by the time Jokul carried Barney stumbling out of the dorm room, with Al and Abe in tow. Finally Jack collapsed on the bed still bleeding from his face, and started to sleep off his first night at Armstrong Academy.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: The giant Ape listens to your question; he turns to you and says...

Armstrong: They're all waiting for you in the lunch room! Once everyone is finished here and room assignments have been given I'll take you to meet them, and give you a chance to socialize more with your fellow students and your faculty!

He grins, an incredibly reassuring grin.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: OOC: You might be able to do that poker game in the dorms in the next advancement; but as of right now, you don't have room assignments!

You're all still waiting for the other(s) to finish the forms and then Armstrong will finish up the tour in the lunch room/mess hall.

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By defiant_will

@thetruebarryallen: BTW, my skill is Batman Ninja from the animated movie, not live action

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Satan was paying good attention during the lecture, chilling, but excited to be here(of course, not showing it, can't play your hand). Satan looked around the room scoping out future allies, enemies, and most importantly, pawns. After getting some motivation from the speech, hey maybe he'll even stop dealing drugs to gullible kids, Satan began to fill out his form. When looking at the form, Satan instantly knew what classes he would be taking

• Chemistry 141: Performance Enhancers - This class focuses on learning how to create various compounds that grant a temporary increase of physical abilities or even metahuman powers.

With his background in drug making, Chemistry was an obvious choice and as for his second choice

• Anatomy and Physiology 110: Physical Adaptations - This class focuses on learning about the anatomy of extra-terrestrial life forms and those enhanced by metahuman abilities.

Satan wanted to learn about why he of all people got his strange blue, devilish body and hoped that this class would show him why and how he had come across his own special body.

Upon the question of what hero are you, Satan had a bit of an introspective, really considering who he is and where he wants to be. After thinking about it, Satan decided he wants to set off on a better path then he had practiced before and prove he's not the devil everyone thinks he is. Of course, that doesn't mean he can't still have some murder in there, so he's obviously

• (B) - I do what needs to be done, no matter the cost. I will make the required sacrifices to save the day, even if that makes me unpopular or feared by both friend and foe.

When he reached tactics, Satan had a big grin spread across his face, he was always proud of his sneakiness and intelligence, considering it his greatest skill that he had developed in the harsh reality of his home planet. Unfortunately, none of the plebeian explanations on the list fully fit his greatness so he had to go with

and explain that he loves to be a great manipulator, and when he's involved being an assassin. Sneak around and stab you in the back, in and out, easy, no problem, no evidence. However, next Satan was confronted with the hardest choice of all, for which he would need the strongest of wills. Why did he want to go to Armstrong. Satan thought long and hard realizing that he came for almost a combination of all 3, but wanting to make it straightforward, chose

• (A) - I wanted to learn how to be a better hero and this is the best school for that.

For what he hoped to accomplish, that was pretty simple. Satan wanted power in the universe, true power, and that's influence. Sure Satan wants to be a better hero and help more people, but at heart that's all for one singular goal, to achieve the respect and influence he could never get back home.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deadline: Advancement 1

The post deadline for the first advancement is at 12:00PM EST - TODAY. This means there are ~11 hours left to post. Failure to post by deadline will result in me choosing your classes, failure to post during the 2nd advancement will result in expulsion.

Users who have yet to post:

Please post!

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#100 Zetsu-San  Online

Ugh... I was hoping to get in on that card-game, but those bastards seem to have left without me. I suppose that's what I get for being indecisive, but what am I supposed to do now?

I glanced about the lecture hall, searching for something occupy my time. A mischievous grin formed as I spotted Jane (@red_ruby_petal) in the corner, staring off into space.

"Figure out your courses yet?" I asked loudly, after having crept up behind her.