Avatar image for floopay
#201 Posted by Floopay (11176 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lunacyde
#202 Edited by Lunacyde (28100 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited to reflect changes due to Advancement

Later that night

They set Jack and Barney's dorm as the rendezvous point for the poker game later that evening, and as the dorm lights began to dwindle one by one each of the new students slipped into his room. It was stark and bare, with little personality or character of its own. Barney had not yet taken the time to unpack, and Jack had little to add at all. The walls were plain, and the cabinets empty save for a few large bags of jerky, a case of homemade cider, a gallon of scotch whisky, and a few bottles of sweet Eupraxian wine. A sleeping bag and pillow were rolled out over the bare bed, and a carton of cigarettes lay sprawled across the top of his nightstand next to a dimly lit lamp. He picked up the carton, tapping it gently a few times and then plucking a thin cigarette from the box, placing it between his lips. In a flash he produced a lighter from his back pocket, as well as a deck of playing cards. He drew out the cards slowly, then tossed the empty box aside. Lighting the cigarette with one hand he began shuffling the cards with the other. “The game’s five card stud, small ante, whatever ya got, deuces wild.”

They played for hours, several different varieties of poker and even a few more exotic card games from across the multiverse. Barney (@giliad_) and Jack began hitting the booze right away, their senses of humor and class becoming slowly more sophomoric as the night progressed... particularly Jack’s. Soon Jokul had joined, them, though his drinking habits were tame in contemplation of the other two. It was little surprise when Olivia (@patriotbear) lit into Jack hard with her fist following one of his more ...adventurous remarks. The blow sent him flying across the room, to the laughter of all, even Jack himself. Thinking it was exceedingly funny Jokul (@jacthripper) implored Olivia to deck him too, but she declined despite his best efforts.

Al (@stormshadow_x) made out like a bandit, playing his blind status up fully. How could any of them have known he could see through Abe? Jack and Olivia were both trying their hardest to help him along, at least until Jack got too drunk to care. Even Barney took it easy on the little blind kid, though he had a pretty good idea Al wasn’t nearly so helpless as he put on. For his part Abe was mostly quiet, observing the room with his cold eyes, each brilliant like distant orbs of fire. Though he couldn’t be sure, Jack was even pretty sure Abe enjoyed himself, but that could have just been the liquor talking.

Olivia did pretty well for herself throughout the night winning several glasses of wine she refused to drink, one of Abe’s scales and the rest of Jack’s cigarettes, which she promptly crushed to dust in her hand, much to Jack’s dismay. His spirirts were soon lifted though, as Olivia found herself the proud owner of Jokul's severed finger, an idea that seemed quite bright to Jokul inebriated with the laughter of his peers. Irked by her prize she soon pawned it off on Al, who despite not being able to see thought it was hilarious.

As it turns out there really is a luck of the Irish, for despite the best efforts of his new compatriots Barney came home with the most impressive haul, encompassing several shirts out of Jack’s drawers, a flashlight from Olivia, a pocketwatch from Al, Jokul's broken compass, a couple peanuts of questionable origin, and over a dozen shots of Jack’s whisky. Al wasn’t quite as lucky, but satisfied nonetheless. He went home with his beautiful new finger, an odd pound or so of deer jerky, and Jack's derringer, as well as a promise of homemade steak from Olivia. Jack himself drank most of his winnings, but did end up with one of Barney’s anti-magic throwing darts. Even Jokul got in on some of the winning with a few strips of jerky of his own and a few swigs of whiskey.

After Olivia left though is when Jokul came into his element, slyly talking Jack and Barney into a competition to see who could take the most punches while Al and Abe watched. Emerging the victor earned him Jack’s flask and a small pocket knife from Barney. It was early in the morning by the time Jokul carried Barney stumbling over to his bed, flopping the drunken leprachaun down like a sack of dirty laundry. Barney chuckled and said something indecipherable, his accent growing thicker with his inerbriation. With that his eyes closed and he drifted off to a deep and dreamless sleep. Jokul said his goodbyes and passed out the door with Al and Abe in tow, laughing and conversing back in forth in a tongue no one else could understand. Finally Jack collapsed on the bed still bleeding from his face, and started to sleep off his first night at Armstrong Academy.

Moderator
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#203 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6510 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for jacthripper
#204 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

After a fun game of cards, while the others got drunk (since I sadly can't) and the punching games (which of course I won), I had not only stored up a small amount of pain for light use (whether it be for bullies or for ladies I cannot say), and a knife and a flask. Fun little trinkets from fun new friends. I would have to make sure to keep in touch with Jack (@lunacyde), Al (@stormshadow_x), Barney (@giliad_), and Olivia (@patriotbear). I hope they will remain my friends, and not end up dead or traitors like my old ones.

Avatar image for lunacyde
#205 Edited by Lunacyde (28100 posts) - - Show Bio

“So you’re Ares? (@thetruebarryallen) As in the god of war? Jack chuckled at the thought.

The armor-clad man sat quietly for a moment as if contemplating the question, or perhaps the manner in which it was extended. He set his half-empty teacup upon the saucer in his other hand, “yes, one and the same.” His helmet covered his face, his voice devoid of emotion or feeling. He didn’t seem nearly as amused by the situation as Jack was. “Is there something I can help you with child?”

“The name is Jack Twain, I was just wondering what all this class entails”, Jack narrowed his eyes. “I’m trying to make up my mind whose class to take first. Are you going to make us into some badass fighters or something?” Jack placed his hand upon an empty chair and leaned.

“That is up to you” Ares replied coolly. His head tilted slightly to the side. “It is the intention of the course to teach you proficiency in hand to hand combat”, he paused adding weight to his words, “but whether you succeed or fail falls entirely upon your own shoulders.”

“Thing is, I’ve always found it is a hell of a lot less work to just shoot them.” Jack mused drawing his free hand into the shape of a gun.

“I will endeavor to purge you of the idea that the ease of a method dictates its value.” The armored figure leaned forward placing his gauntleted hands upon his knees. “If you are looking for the easy way out perhaps another class will suit you better.” With that he stood up and placed his dishes upon the table. “If I see you in class Mr. Twain, be prepared to work.” Before Jack could reply with a wisecrack Ares was gone, strutting across the cafeteria, waves of students opening up before him and parting in his wake.

“Well s%$#” Jack bit at the corner of his lip, bringing the finger pistol to his temple, PEW.

Moderator
Avatar image for jacthripper
#206 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

I sat in my room with newly acquired pocketknife and tested it. Some would test it on a piece of wood, or even the wall of the dorm, but not me. I placed it in my palm and quickly slashed it. The blade sliced into my hand cleanly, no fuss, and a thin line of blood appeared, which flowered out, then quickly stopped as the flesh began to knit itself back together, it would likely take less than a minute since none of the skin had been hacked off. "Not bad at all," I thought to myself "That will be handy for future use." I shuffled over to the bathroom, so as to avoid getting blood on the floor or the bedsheets, and washed my hands off in the sink. I stared in the mirror, seeing a face that could cause a traffic accident. And thought to myself "Poor devil you are, pretending you're some kind of hero."

I lied down in my bed, waiting for sleep to come, as I pondered my life thus far. So many dead, but never forgotten. Faces from the past entertained my mind, humans, halflings, Sidhe, and even the monsters that I had slaughtered in the service of the Winter Queen over the past three years. Was it so wrong that I did not feel bad about all of those whom I had killed? Some of them maybe, but not the Sidhe, and definitely not the monsters. Fear had left me, and I felt nothing anymore... I just felt hollow. Perhaps there would be more for me here, I wanted to say that I was off to a good start, having made some quick acquaintances, who would hopefully being strong allies in the future, and not just a pile of dead friends to tearlessly lay to rest again. Sleep took me, and I fell into black...

Avatar image for batatest
#207 Edited by BataTest (420 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@thetruebarryallen

Silence and Shadow grew with each passing hour, as an inky night crept over school. It had rained pretty much nonstop since the suns setting, and the walls were sandy, slabby, and a lot damper then George would have hoped. In the gentle shower of the pale night, the soft droplets were refreshingly cool. Stealing the heat from the mornings blaze.

From a distance, even the sharpest eyes would've be hard pressed to make out the silky silhouette of a man moving quickly up the dorms outer wall. He'd chosen his climbing route well, a mess of vines had grown down this side of the wall, and his shape was completely broken up by the crisscrossing tangled growth of vines and falling rain.

It's funny how different things look in the night George thought as he scaled the outer wall of the school making his way to the roof with the dexterity and practiced motion of a skilled free climber.

Reaching the crest and lifting himself up to roof. George settled in. He hated sleeping in confined spaces. Here on the roofs in the still of the night this was his sanctuary. On his climb he'd found among the gargoyles, those ancient guardians of the night, one that particularly amused him. A grotesque head, jutting out from between the legs of a larger creature, it's tongue sticking out in a mocking fashion, hands comfortably resting under it's chin.

George, restless as usual after taking his 3 hour nap, had risen quickly. Finding his room mate comfortably a sleep, he felt no need to disturb him. He took note of the X shaped scar branding his already rugged features. Questioning its origin as he slipped quietly out the window.

On the roof he unzipped one of the folds of his pack. Pulling out his tri-rotor plane. He settled in for some late night reconnaissance. Taking aerial pictures of places of interest; windows, entrances, exists.

TLDR:

  • George goes to the roof
  • Does some recon
Avatar image for jotun
#210 Posted by Jotun (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

K'Graak: You talk different. Talk like Merlin friends. You come to class. I teach you to rip and tear.

I'm eag'r to learneth from thee fusty most wondrous beast.

Small talk continued for a bit but of no importance, eventually they were interrupted by a large man approaching them (@pipxeroth). Arthur was considered tall where he came from, but this man towered over him, though he was still noticeably smaller then the beast before them both. "Valorous m'rning, Ser...?"

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#211 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

The Second Advancement

Class Selection (Semester Assignment)

Armstrong left the group of new students in the large cafeteria with their faculty for the next year; he knew they'd be in good hands and invited them to speak to their new mentors.

Some took right to it, asking about required textbooks, class materials, and seeing if they should prepare anything for their first class while others walked up to the sign up sheet, checked their name off, and headed to their dorms, more interested in making new friends or getting some sleep before classes began.

A handful of the professors proved quite popular; Merlin, as always, entertained with magic and sorcery, while Mandy, the youngest of the teaching staff, answered some questions of a more *personal* nature. Ares and Hugo; two of the more intense of the staff, were more direct with the young hopefuls that approached them, understanding the importance of their position as mentors and knowing full well that a misstep in their teaching could prove fatal to any of these new students.

By the end of the day the class rosters looked as such.

Anatomy (6)

  • Addie S.
  • AJ J.
  • Christopher M.
  • Frankie S.
  • George U.
  • Sid F.

Biology (5)

  • AJ J.
  • Misty M.
  • P.H.I.L
  • Ryan C.
  • V.

Chemistry (6)

  • AJ J.
  • BADASS
  • Emily J.
  • Eugene H.
  • Kip S.
  • Satan S.

Combat

  • AJ J.
  • Archimedes Y.
  • Barda K.
  • Jack T.
  • Saga D.
  • Sophie A.

Engineering (9)

  • Arfuna A.
  • Ikol
  • Joseph S.
  • Marco G.
  • Max E.
  • Nathaniel B.
  • Nyra
  • Olivia F.
  • Solomon C.

Firearms (5)

  • AJ J.
  • Billy K.
  • Buddy
  • Napoleon A.
  • Zack M.

History (6)

  • AJ J.
  • Alathur
  • Bardock
  • Barney M.
  • Fluffy
  • Keimusho T.

Magic (7)

  • AJ J.
  • Amane
  • Jack L.
  • Jokul
  • Junichiro L.
  • Melvin S.
  • Nathaniel B.
  • Nora J.

Melee Weapons (4)

  • AJ J.
  • Harrison B.
  • Hope
  • Ringo J.

Physical Education (7)

  • AJ J.
  • Arthur B.
  • Brandon J.
  • Jane L.
  • Jim A.
  • Moose B.
  • Trevor A.

The information from class registration was stored to the school database and can be accessed by personal terminals.

Discussion & Dorm Events

Amidst signing up for classes many of the students took time to meet their new classmates and/or roommates.

Saga and Barda got along just fine and began fostering a sort of friendly competition; Mandy showed off her powers and abilities to Sophie; both of whom used web-based abilities, and Harrison's encounter with BADASS proved that the two would have a rocky relationship to say the least. Other students retreated to their dorms immediately; no conversation to be had, the solitary types.

An unfortunate happening occurred when Zhu Chen became too homesick and was sent home. He didn't even get around to signing up for classes, bummer.

Classes & First Assignments

Anatomy & Physiology

The students arrived to the science wing and headed into the surgery center. The center itself was filled with bizarre technological instruments from various planets and timelines. It was truly magnificent, and some of the students marveled at what they saw.

Frankie: Oh my goodness! If Dr. Frankenstein had access to these facilities when creating my father....!

Arabelle XZ: Dear child, his work provided the foundation for many of these inventions.

Frankie: Did it really? Wow....

While Frankie looked in amazement at the devices Arabelle began explaining the syllabus. Like every class students would be tasked with various assignments that they may complete in groups or on their own. Completion of the task grants a reward; failure results in a variety of potential consequences.

Arabelle XZ: The task for today is a simple dissection. Intricate knowledge of the physiological structures is highly beneficial for both offensive and defensive strategies. I have assembled a selection of highly interesting and versatile organisms from throughout the multiverse for you to dissect and take note on.

Misc Students: Woah! Sweet! This is such a cool class!! I hope things don't get too uh... messy... here.

Sid: Hey uh.. Professor Arabelle... where are the things we're supposed to dissect?

Arabelle XZ: They are on the dissection tables in front of you.

You all look towards the tables. You see nothing.

Sid: But I don't.... I don't see anything.

Arabelle XZ: They are microscopic. That is why I will be shrinking you for today's class.

The reactions to this range from excitement to terror; but Arabelle ignores that and pulls out a strange little device, a shrink ray of sorts.

Arabelle XZ: There are three different organisms that you can choose from. There is the Octoucroun; an eight armed creature from beyond the outer rim. A dwarf giant from Earth (3), and lastly, a Rivursa, an amphibious creature from Earth (8).

Arabelle looks at the class, ready to shrink each of you once you decide which creature you'll explore.

Objective: Choose a creature to explore, decide what organs you may want to look at inside the creature, begin exploring!

Biology

The class gathers inside the lecture hall that is the biological center; in front of the class stands Hugo Klein, that same intense look he held during orientation. Once everyone is seated he begins; no pleasantries, no welcome, just business.

Hugo: Who here knows about Charles Darwin?

AJ shoots her hand up.

Hugo: Did you know that he was a liar?

AJ: Um..

Hugo: Did you know that he was a cheat?

AJ: Well no, I just know that...

Hugo: Did you know that he began an uncontrolled experiment when he traveled to the Galapagos Islands that now threatens our very safety?

AJ: No.... I didn't know that.

Hugo: Of course you didn't. They don't teach that. No, in most circles Darwin is praised for his evolutionary theories, but not here. Darwin was a thief. He stole from other researchers, including myself, and, with his short-sighted approach to the art of evolution, began a series of experiments to accelerate evolution. He failed, and now, his failed creations run amok.

A silence.

Hugo: We are going to bring them back here to reverse what Darwin did. We will be heading to the islands in which he began his experiments. We are going to apprehend the creatures that are living on it. We will be bringing them back here. We will modify their genetic coding. We will learn how dangerous evolution can be. Understood?

Hugo: Good. Now, everyone into the teleportation device. Let's go.

The students step into the device. Once everyone is inside the device lights up and in a flash of light you all find yourselves on the Galapagos Islands.

No Caption Provided

The island is a humid jungle. There is a large mountain in the center of the island. Hugo suggest you break into groups to cover the most ground. There are several locations he suggests checking out.

  • The Mountain
  • The River
  • The Caves

Objective: Choose a section of the island to begin exploring.

Chemistry

The chemistry class was meeting outside for it's first session; the arboretum. Ylonda was waiting for her students, dressed in full lab attire. When everyone was gathered she began.

Ylonda: Welcome to Chemistry, everyone. This is the greenhouse. It is where we grow a majority of our ingredients used to create a wide variety of chemical compounds. Recently it has been noted that some of our ingredients have been stolen. Someone, or something, is inside this greenhouse.

The students whisper to one another with excitement.

Ylonda: Tunnels were discovered to the North and to the South. We have reason to believe that whatever it is that has been doing this is inside the tunnels somewhere. I'm advising you break into two groups to explore the tunnels and recover the lost ingredients. Once we have them I will show you all how to create some basic mixtures for use in your heroics. Understood?

No Caption Provided

Current Objective: Investigate either the north or south tunnel. Note, the tunnels are only wide enough for two people to walk side by side.

Combat / Firearms / Melee Weapons

Those in Combat meet at The Forge where Ares is ready with a simulation. He is joined by Mandy and Rundarr; with them are their respective students.

Ares: Today we're running a classic simulation.

Mandy: Is it the same one I did freshman year, Professor?

Ares: The very same.

Mandy: Oh goodie! They're in for a treat then!

Ares: How many of you have been in a war-zone? None of you? That's what I thought. Today we fix that. We're sending you to a simulation of my own design; you are headed into World War Two, your mission, Operation: Punch Hitler.

Rundarr: Grunts in my class. You will be in the trenches. You will only have melee weapons to use in combat. If you use firearms you will get a failing grade in my class. Your goal; survive in the trenches. Pave a way for students in combat class to get to their target.

Mandy: Those of you in mine will be providing overwatch! Use your firearms to do so. The enemies may have counter measures to try and pick off the combat class from a distance. Your job will be to counter-target them. Keep your eyes peeled and your friends safe, okay?!

Ares: That leaves my class. You will be storming the main city to take down your target. If you've been following along then it should be fairly obvious who that is. Failure to land a blow on your target results in a failure. Use your instincts, your tactics, and work together to accomplish your goals. We'll all be watching from the observational center.

As they walk away the world around you begins to change. Suddenly, you're in the thick of battle, surrounded by allied forces.

No Caption Provided

Mission details:

  • You all begin at the blue square.
  • Point's A/B/C/D all have resistance forces that must be defeated. Intel informs you that there are ranged fighters and close quarters fighters at each point. When you arrive at a point you may meet with a friendly squad who will have more information with you.
  • Your target and his body guards begin at the red square.
  • Combat Class: Someone from your class must punch Hitler / Melee Weapons: Defeat the resistance forces that are close quarters fighters. / Firearms: Defeat the ranged fighters.
  • Combat Class: Each of you are given survival packs; it includes a backpack, a trench shovel, a single smoke grenade, and a frag grenade. Everything is period accurate.
  • Melee Weapons Class: Each of you are given a melee weapon. You may choose the style. It must be from WW2 and it must have been in common use. If you have a melee weapon as part of your special gear then you may also use that.
  • Firearms Class: Each of you are given a period accurate weapon. You may choose a light machine gun, a rifle, a sub machine gun, or a shotgun. You are also given a pistol to use as a sidearm. You have 3 clips for each of your weapons.

The purpose of this exercise is to work together, utilizing strengths and minimizing weaknesses.

Good luck, information about forces will be provided when you choose to attack certain locations.

Engineering

Victor welcomes everyone into the Engineering class personally; shaking your hands as you enter, showing you to your seats, and exclaiming how happy he is to have such a full class. Once everyone is seated he begins explaining the first assignment.

Victor: Greetings, everyone! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to have such a full class, and to inform you of the opportunity we've been given. We have been given admission to the intergalactic science fair; a collection of the worlds greatest minds and inventions! How thrilling!

He instructs everyone out of their seats after handing out the admission tickets. Then, he guides you all to a teleportation platform that will bring you to the fair.

Victor: Once we're at the fair I suggest you explore the various exhibits! There are support system technologies, robotics, vehicles, and offensive armaments! Please, go check out which exhibit appeals to you most and talk to the panelists! I'm sure they'd love to share their knowledge with you, and who knows, it might inspire a creation of your own!

Once he's finished everyone steps onto the platform and the world begins to shift around you all. Suddenly, almost instantly, you find yourselves in a massive showroom.

Objective: Choose an exhibit type to explore and learn about. Who knows what you'll uncover!

History

Kennedy is tinkering with a device when you all enter class. She acknowledges you all but continues to tinker. Class begins and minutes pass, Kennedy still tinkering. Eventually she stops, finishing what she had been working on.

Kennedy: How many of you would like to venture into the past?

A few hands go up.

Kennedy: The answer is, all of you! Sorry if you would not like to go, but this is the assignment today. We are going back in time to witness one of Armstrong's greatest battles against the forces of evil.

Excitement fills the room.

Kennedy: We will simply observe. I do not wish for any of you to get hurt.

Some excitement leaves the room.

Kennedy: Once we are ready we shall begin, okay?

The class gathers around Kennedy.

Kennedy: My powers allow me to move us through time. Everyone, please hold hands and we will begin.

You all link hands.

Kennedy: 3....2.....1....

A flash and the world begins spinning around you. Time seems to accelerate, but backwards. Armstrong Academy begins to change, deconstructing rapidly, then, not existing, in it's place, a thick forest. Suddenly everything stops. You are in the forest clearing.

Kennedy: We are here! Now we must wait for the event to begin. Please, stay with me.

Kennedy stands still, some students seem a bit bored though and plan on venturing into the forest. You have a choice. You can stay with Kennedy, like she asked, or venture into the woodlands with some of the other students.

Objective: Choose Kennedy or choose the forest.

Magic

Merlin awaits the arrival of his students in the Ocularium. When everyone arrives he announces the task for the day.

Merlin: Hello all; now. Normally I would be teaching you basic spells but I received a message today from a dear friend of mine and he seems, concerned. It appears that a magical artifact of his was stolen and he would like my help in getting it back. I have little time to explain, so if you'll all come with me.

He waves his arms. A spell surrounds you all. Then, you're in a fantasy world! You find yourselves in the middle of a town square. An active marketplace, a rowdy tavern, and a castle. Merlin instructs you all to join him in the castle, but you could have some fun first, right?

Objective: Join Merlin at the castle, explore the marketplace, or venture into the tavern.

Physical Education

K'Graak Torug has brought you all to the Pit.

K'Graak: We at pit today. We train real good. We get you real tough. You meet some of my pets.

He chuckles.

K'Graak: They feeling playful today. Hope you all ready to play.

He laughs, louder than before.

K'Graak: Form groups. One group of three. Two group of two. Then I give you pets to play with.

Objective: Form your groups! You've gotta prepare for K'Graak's pets!

Conclusion

Hey all, with the visit I had this weekend I couldn't get as much flavor text in here, and as such, the quest introductions are a bit vague! My apologies! I promise more detail will be provided in the future, as for now, begin your assignments and have as much fun as possible.

Use common sense; you're all still students, you're at a school for heroes. Don't cause TOO much trouble, or do! It's your choice!

Next advancement will be Friday, February 22nd. Posts will be due by 12PM EST.

Feel free to talk to NPC's to plan things. I will try and response when I have time.

Tag List

Scenario Player Tag:

Go get em!

Avatar image for warlockmage
#212 Edited by Warlockmage (9056 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

Picking a Partner

Jim listened to K'Graak and looked around he saw a fairly attractive but also seemingly quite powerful girl (AJ). He walked over and said "hey my name is Jim and i need a partner to play with K'Graak's pets? would you be interested in teaming with me? I'm pretty good in a fight and i'm told i can literally scream people's heads off"

TL;DR

Jim went over to AJ to ask her to be his partner for class

Avatar image for lunacyde
#213 Edited by Lunacyde (28100 posts) - - Show Bio

"Goddammnit" Jack mumbles under his breath. "I knew this was a bad idea." He eyes the chaos around him taking in as much as he can before grinning at the insanity of it all.

@thetruebarryallen

OOC - So we need to all coordinate together? Is one student punching Hitler at a time, or are the combat students working together to punch Hitler? Like, do we succeed once a single class member punches Hitler?

Moderator
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#214 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

CV MESSED UP THE POST. I AM EDITING THE CLASS ASSIGNMENTS NOW.

Edit: Should be fixed now. If you are in the wrong class simply respond to the class assignment you SHOULD be in and notify me in your post.

Avatar image for just_banter
#216 Posted by Just_Banter (12354 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Ryan looked up into the clear sky above and pulled his hat down a little further on his head with a sigh. His home town was always warm, so the heat wasn't necessarily an issue, but going straight from an air-conditioned building to out in the baking heat was an abrupt and unwelcome change. What was more unwelcome than the heat, though, was the task. "Apprehending..." Ryan thought out loud. He had ample experience with fighting against animals, but the closest he'd ever really come to capturing them was dragging their carcasses back to town as proof of a finished bounty. Something told him Hugo wouldn't be very happy if he did that here.

Looking at his classmates he decided that it would be best to group up with someone else who seemed to be more skilled in the area. His eyes eventually fell on to Misty, the half-spider girl. Assuming that she could spit out webbing she was likely the most suited for capturing opponents. With his decision made he walked over and introduced himself. "Hey, I'm Ryan. Do you want to partner up for this one? It'd probably make it easier for both of us."

Avatar image for pipxeroth
#217 Edited by Pipxeroth (9133 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

There was only one person in the class that Trevor recognised, the pale man he met earlier (@jotun) when going to speak to K'Graak. They had only spoken briefly before and they never delved into discussing each-other's abilities, but Trevor did notice that he had remarkably metallic teeth and nails which looked very similar to Trevor's own bones. After seeing one other student from his class already asking another to team up, Trevor decided to ask Arthur the same.

"Hey, I know we didn't get far past names last time, but you're the only person I know here so want to team up for this? My powers aren't all that fancy, I can just take a hell of a beating and get back up in no time. You look like you've got... strong teeth?"

Trevor took another quick look around the room and spotted Moose who must have entered the room late because he clearly wasn't there before and decided to ask him to join in as well, thinking that he would be a good choice to join himself and Arthur to make the group of three K'Graak asked for.

"Oh Moose, I didn't see you there! I know you were already passed out asleep last night when I got to our dorm so we didn't get to speak much, but since you're my roommate this is probably a good time to get to know each-other. Like I was just saying to Arthur here I don't do a whole lot except that I'm really tough. What about you?"

Avatar image for patriotbear
#218 Posted by PatriotBear (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

Olivia hung on the instructor’s words as he explained the assignment, then quickly she joined the other students on the teleportation platform. In an instant the world around her had melted away and been replaced with another, far more colorful and boisterous. Better make the best of this opportunity. She would need to learn everything she could today. Ignoring the other students as they gawked Olivia’s artificially augmented eyes immediately identified the panel on support systems technologies, the exhibit she was most interested in. Without hesitation she pushed her way over to the exhibit hopeful to take in the presentation and learn about improvements she could make to her cybernetic form.

Avatar image for lunacyde
#219 Edited by Lunacyde (28100 posts) - - Show Bio

@avaliantimge@thetruebarryallen

Jack's eyes swept over his teammates in appraisal. "So...firearms, who has actually shot a gun before?" He pulled a box of cigarettes from his pocket and tapped it gently against his open hand, grimacing as he waited for an answer. He expected the worst, though a few of them looked to be packing. Plucking a thin white cigarette from the package he placed it between his tightly drawn lips.

Moderator
Avatar image for seagod
#220 Posted by SeaGod (4653 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Max looked at the scientific wonder around him and instantly wanted to go and see every single invention in there. However he was kind of shy and didn't want to go alone if he could help it. He nervously glanced around and saw the girl AJ who earlier he had noticed was in every class at once. He calmly approached her though was a bit hesitant. "Excuse me you're AJ right? The girl in every class? My name is Max Eliss and I was wondering if you wanted to walk with me through the fair? Two sets of eyes may be able to take in more information and we can compare notes." He offered while never meeting her eyes out of shyness. He really hated talking to strangers but he needed to at least make one friend or he felt like he would never become a great hero like his siblings.

Avatar image for boschepg
#221 Edited by boschePG (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

@warlockmage tagged you cuz you my roommate. don't know if you want in on the action

No Caption Provided

Inter-galactic science fair!? How could the day get any better, Sting thought. He awaited for his ticket with excitement, and when it was placed in his hand he shuffled with an extra step to get to the teleportation platform.

It was going to be him and great minds of the galaxies. It was a dream come true. The rest of the Engineering class would be tagging along as well, but he could learn to take the good with the bad this once.

.

He stopped at the teleportation entry port, soaking in the moment. He could hear science call him. Take a deep breathe. His atoms would be scattered and sent across the cosmos only for it to be reformed again.

Breathe.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His foot set foot on solid ground as the scenery before his eyes changed rapidly to that of the science exhibit - and it was glorious. He could see the many gather to spots along the exhibition floor. He noticed the signs declaring the topic of each demonstration. He could soak it all up if he could but he had to start somewhere. Remain focus. He decided system technologies.

He walked trying to soak up everything at a good pace as he walked to systems. He saw something hover in the distance that he thought he saw at the Academy. It was small but quick, (@mr_ingenuity) and something he had to engage in more carefully. It was then he could feel the a shove in his back. Someone wasn't watching where they were going. (@patriotbear) "Hey! Watch where you are going!" He uttered with an annoyed tone - though many thought it was his usual tone.

He could hear the presentation start to begin, but he had to set boundaries now.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for primez0ne
#222 Edited by Primez0ne (9810 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Flashback to that Morning

A city burned and he watched from on high. He saw devils carting off children, yet he knew they were not his target. He would not be swayed by lesser evils. He sought the Master, not expendable pawns. He did not have to wait long as amid the screams of despair and howls of cruel joy, It came into view. The great lord of dakrness, known only as the Visage of Horror, had come into view! Patiently he stalked his prey. Shadows hid him. The wind quieted his footsteps. The lights of the fire did not betray his hunt nor impede his opportunity. Only when its attention drew down upon a succulent youth did he strike for the heart. A thought-rending screech exploded out from it sending him into a spiral of darkness and dreams.

Saga woke up drowning in sweat and short of breathe. Only with experience had she learned enough control to not scream as a result of her night terrors. She clutched at the nearest source of comfort she could grasp while she hoped to banish the nightmares that crept upon her consciousness. She dared not open her eyes lest she saw one of them ready to devour her. Saga practiced the breathing exercises her father showed her while remembering the wise sayings of her mother. After a few minutes she had calmed down.

She opened her eyes to find the blade held tightly in her hands. Saga screamed in surprise which caused her to fall out of bed and wake everyone else up.

The Present

"Want to work together, Barda?"

Saga currently carried the sheathed blade against her back. She hated carrying the thing around as it always had an uncomfortable weight to it, but she felt better having it in sight than it suddenly appearing in her hands. The backpack felt lighter in comparison. She ditched the grenade and trench shovel as neither were needed.

" I-I-I mean I haven't been through a war-zone before....I won't drag you down or anything. Especially since all we can just sneak in and kick Hitler in the shins or whatever. Easy enough right...right?!" Saga could barely keep the agitation out of her voice. A bad night and first day jitters wore her down. Everyone else's causal attitude toward the whole thing did not help either. Punching Hitler sounds fun and but I wished they'd work up to it. I'm still getting the hang of this whole 'Hordes of people shooting at me' part.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#223 Edited by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2465 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Being sucked into a brand new world, Keimusho was awestruck at what he saw, and whilst he wanted to just run around and explore, he knew that wasn’t the right thing to do, given he had no idea what would transpire if he changed something, wouldn't want a time paradox now would we? Figuring he should stick with professional, Keimusho turned to his teacher and asked, curiously.

“So is this what this area was like before the school was founded? Seems so peaceful here,” the boy wonders, as he lets his seismic sense take in all of the surrounding, feeling every creature and unknown material he could perceive. Nothing about this land felt like anything that should be covered up, much less trampled over by a giant academy. It felt wrong, almost heartless to do so.

Online
Avatar image for higherpower
#224 Posted by HigherPower (12190 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: The teleportation platform gave Marco a queasy feeling in the pit of his stomach, as if someone tried to mix oil and water inside him. But the wave of nausea that crept over Marco immediately vanished at the site of the intergalactic science fair. The fair was a state-of-the-art facility in which gadgets and contraptions abounded as far as the eye could see. The air was filled with the crackling sound of whirs, clicks, beeps and hisses. Marco nearly did a double take at the thought of the endless opportunities that would be available to him at each exhibit.

A certain exhibit caught his eye before he could be completely overwhelmed. As the dozens of polished boots and sneakers of Academy students and scientists from all over the multiverse clacked on the pristine floors around him, Marco was slowly drawn to a particular center like a moth to a flame. The deep, reverberating voice of Prof. Victor was lost on him, but he noticed something else that made him halt.

Another classmate was exploring the exhibits with wide eyes as well. (@boschepg) Marco worked up the courage to walk up to him and speak.

"What is your favorite thing to make?"

Avatar image for sonsofalchemy
#225 Posted by SonsOfAlchemy (210 posts) - - Show Bio

"Alright, let's do this."

Avatar image for floopay
#226 Posted by Floopay (11176 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Not telling you what to do; but keep in mind that my character's power is basically hyper-perception and intelligence and he's in a body with hearing/smell on the level of a grizzly bear or a timber wolf. Accompanied by heightened sight (and the ability to see ultraviolet and infrared in the dark). So do with that what you will.

Loading Video...

Melvin Smith

He could feel and sense the magic swirling over him, and hurling him into another world.

Instantly he felt some level of hostility. Heightened senses, and training allowed him to hear the murmurs from the folk around him, and visibly see hands fall to hilts. He couldn't blame them; he was a monster after all. A wry grin spread across his face and instantly he was ready to have some fun.

Knowing the task at hand, he figured it would be best to do some scouting before heading straight to the castle. Before he even took his first step, he could see some of the other students had similar ideas.

He folded his larger arms across his uppermost shoulders. He may not be able to shield his claws; but he can at least put some people at ease. He walked around the marketplace first. Analyzing everything he saw, and committing it to memory. He eavesdropped on conversations around him, while he attempted casual conversation with people over goods and prices. Not that he had the money to purchase anything anyway.

After wandering the marketplace for about ten or fifteen minutes, making an effort to help anyone he possibly could (lift that quick, move that, or whatever) to help make himself a bit more disarming if he were to make a visit later. No matter what, word was going to get out that an eight foot, six limbed monster roamed the marketplace. He was hoping to change the story from "monster" to "friendly monster" before he came back later.

He headed to the local establishment; which appeared to be a tavern. A few people set their drinks down and instantly left. They weren't scared; but many of them believed upon viewing him that they must be too drunk already and seeing things. Figuring it was time to go take a nap before continuing to imbibe more alcohol. The others gawked and took a second to see if what they were seeing was real, or fictitious. After thirty seconds or so, he became old news, and many just returned to what they were doing. I guess they figured if he was going to go full murder-hobo he'd have done it already.

So Melvin just took it all in, looked around to see if there was anything he could fix or put together for the tavern older, in exchange for a drink. No matter what, however, he knew he only had about ten minutes before he had to head to the castle.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for geekryan
#227 Posted by geekryan (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Without hesitation, Amane immediately started surveying and analyzing her surroundings. The townsfolk seemed a bit off-put by the arrival of the students. While those who looked human (like Amane) were simply glanced over, others with more alien or monstrous appearances drew the stares of many and even caused a few gasps.

Amane attempted to scan every person in the area, looking for potential threats. She found none for the time being, although some of the guards kept their hands on the hilts of their swords.

Amane had no interest in wasting time and having fun; she chose to follow Merlin to the castle but stay on guard in case anything happened. She wasn't concerned much for her own safety, but for the safety of some of the other students, namely her new roommate Nora. Nora was going to the castle as well, but unlike Amane, she wasn't even looking out for potential threats. Instead, she was simply taking in the people and scenery, amazed at the wonder of this new world.

Amane whispers to Nora: "Stay on your guard. Even if we're with other students and Merlin, you should always be wary."

Nora nods her head, and they make their way to the castle with Merlin.

Online
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#228 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

Note to all: As players discover more about the NPC students their information on the first page will be updated.

Avatar image for jacthripper
#229 Edited by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

A Magic Adventure!

He waves his arms. A spell surrounds you all. Then, you're in a fantasy world! You find yourselves in the middle of a town square. An active marketplace, a rowdy tavern, and a castle. Merlin instructs you all to join him in the castle, but you could have some fun first, right?

"I will have some fun" I thought to myself. Then I noticed that the monstrous student with us (@floopay) was going towards the market. He made me feel uneasy, and every time he looked at me I tensed, prepared to fight and kill by pure instinct. I would be going in the opposite direction, the tavern. I couldn't get drunk, but this would be the best place for me to find out about this world. After all, you'll hear more honest words in a bar than on the news. And, push comes to shove, I could always rough some folks up. I still had the pain of a few dozen punches to the face stored, and that would be enough to put most people low, and if not, I had other ways.

I dashed to the tavern and immediately searched for a restroom. As it turns out, teleporting across universes does give one the urge to squeeze the lemon. I was surprised that it had a door, and I was supremely grateful to find it empty, and was completely shocked to find it didn't smell bad at all. How did a medieval era toilet without indoor plumbing still smell better than a public school restroom? The bucket was actually chained to the floor, and as I relieved myself I discovered why. It seemed that any waste that entered the bucket simply disappeared. Perhaps it was being transformed into its base elements, or instead teleported to some far-off volcano. That explained the society. As I exited, I ducked past a hairy drunk, who was stumbling towards the restroom. As I glanced at the bar, I realized that the only thing in the place was water, which I watched the bartender pour into each tankard and watched as the runes on the cups glowed and the drink changed shade. I proceeded to make my way to get a closer only to have the bushy bartender snarl at me. "What're ya doing, lad? There idn't any drink for ya in this place, now get on out before I come and drag you by the hair!" I quickly slunk between the tables of inebriated rabble-rousers and slid to the back, where I waited for a few moments. I was about to leave when my classmate from horror lane creeped in. I was surprised by the reaction. Only a few were wary, but the majority of them went back to drinking and laughing without pause. "Stupid sheep, waiting to get slaughtered." A grim thought for a 14 year old, I know, but I had seen far more men hewn down by smaller and weaker monsters than my schoolmate. I kept tense, watching him, and waiting to see if he pulled any funny business. I even slipped out the pocketknife I had won in the games from the night before, though I knew it would be of little use, it still felt better holding something than to be grasping at the air.

Avatar image for floopay
#230 Posted by Floopay (11176 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan:

OOC: I like the bolding your choice. I'mma steal that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for geekryan
#231 Posted by geekryan (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: It isn't copyrighted. Go right ahead!

Online
Avatar image for red_ruby_petal
#232 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8037 posts) - - Show Bio

AM I LATE FOR CLASS!?

Avatar image for red_ruby_petal
#233 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8037 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: I chose physical education for my first semester. Can you mark me as done? Or was there a requirement I missed?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#234 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

NPC Conversations (1/???)

Jack Twain & Firearms Class (@lunacyde)

Jack stood there, pack of cigarettes in his hand. He narrowed his eyes at the group around him and asked the question.

Jack: So...firearms, who has actually shot a gun before?

Several of them looked around at one another. Napoleon was the first to raise his hand, followed by Z.

Napoleon: Well, none of these fancy automatics or nothin' but golll-ee! I sure know my way around a revolver.

His hand slides down to his hip; stopping atop his piece. It reeks of death and disease; strange considering how polished it is.

Z: I've got you covered.

Suddenly two blasters appear from thin air, they chill the air around them. Buddy and AJ both look at one another and shrug.

AJ: I've played a lot of laser tag, does that count?

Buddy: Buddy was programmed with firearms training but has not utilized it!

Well; could be worse, right?

Melvin & Townsfolk (@floopay)

When Melvin arrived he suddenly felt the reactions of those around him. Some were fearful; others were curious, and there was a child, maybe two or three, who just wanted to pet the big fuzzy thing. This being Earth (3) they were used to such strange beings; their world being host to various magical and mythological creatures. As long as it wasn't attacking them, they were happy.

He's able to help some folks around the market; an old woman who was struggling to move her bread cart, reorganizing some armor for the local smith, simple things, but they appreciated it.

Eventually he headed to the tavern where he wanted a drink. Upon approaching the counter the bartender asks him the usual.

Bartender: What're you drinkin?

He pauses.

Bartender: Wait a second... where are ya from. Haven't seen you round these parts and I know most everyone.

He waits for an answer.

Ryan & Misty (@just_banter)

Apprehending wasn't Ryan's MO. In fact, he was more of a shoot first, ask questions later kind of guy, so this work was totally foreign to him. He looked over his classmates and recalled that one of them, Misty, could use some sort of super-durable webbing. Seemed like a good choice in partner, no?

Ryan: Hey, I'm Ryan. Do you want to partner up for this one? It'd probably make it easier for both of us.

Misty: Partner up? Sure! Gosh, I've never gone monster hunting before! Should be pretty fun, right? Where do you want to go? I was thinking the caves because I know monsters like dark places!

She looks at you, awaiting a response.

Keimusho & Kennedy (@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps)

The land around them as they materialized in the past had a calming effect. The sounds of the forest around them were peaceful, birds flew through the trees, chirping as they went, a song that only they understood.

Keimusho: So is this what this area was like before the school was founded? Seems so peaceful here.

Kennedy: Time will tell all.

When you use your seismic sense you feel a great power surge through the earth. You are tempted to find the source, but part of you resists.

Saga & Barda (@primez0ne)

War is hell and Saga wasn't prepared for what surrounded her. Looking around at her classmates she spotted Barda, her roommate, and friend. They were friends, right?

Saga: Want to work together, Barda?

Barda: Of course! We shall storm through the trenches and--

Saga: I-I-I mean I haven't been through a war-zone before....I won't drag you down or anything. Especially since all we can just sneak in and kick Hitler in the shins or whatever. Easy enough right...right?!

Barda looked at her and laughed.

Barda: Stealth is a cowards way of fighting! We should go head on, but, perhaps we can try your way. I will follow you through battle!

She screams a war cry into the air. She's certainly ready for this.

Max and AJ (@seagod)

The science fair was a tad overwhelming for even the most experienced of engineers, so for good ol' Max it was a shock to the senses. Wanting to explore with someone else, perhaps for comfort, he asked his classmate, AJ. She seemed nice enough.

Max: Excuse me you're AJ right? The girl in every class? My name is Max Eliss and I was wondering if you wanted to walk with me through the fair? Two sets of eyes may be able to take in more information and we can compare notes.

AJ: Oh! Of course! That'd be real useful. I'd make more duplicates of myself to help, but I'm spread thin right now with all these classes. What exhibit did you want to go to first?

She's down to join you in this, after all, she's not too experienced with engineering either.

Trevor and Moose (@pipxeroth)

Trevor set out to establish a three person group as soon as K'Graak finished talking; after all, 3 heads are better than two, right? Spotting Moose he called out to him.

Trevor: Oh Moose, I didn't see you there! I know you were already passed out asleep last night when I got to our dorm so we didn't get to speak much, but since you're my roommate this is probably a good time to get to know each-other. Like I was just saying to Arthur here I don't do a whole lot except that I'm really tough. What about you?

He looks you up and down.

Moose: You think you're tough, huh? Hmmph. I'll join you I guess, maybe show you what tough really means.

He smiles, exposing a mouth full of razor sharp teeth, and a little bit of drool. Is he... is he salivating at the thought of a fight?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#235 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: I chose physical education for my first semester. Can you mark me as done? Or was there a requirement I missed?

You're all set! I had you in Physical Education since you said it before the deadline. Get ready to play with some of K'Graak's pets. Groups are forming in the class. Feel free to try and make one with an NPC or a PC.

Avatar image for just_banter
#236 Posted by Just_Banter (12354 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: "The caves?" Ryan looked over towards the cliffs, noticing some crevices and openings interspersed throughout the cliffside. "Yeah, I was thinking of going there as well," he said with a laugh. Hopefully, it isn't too dark. he thought to himself as he kept a half-smile on his face.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#237 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

A quest for... Camelot?

"Why can't my dimension hopping be that easy?" I asked, shaking my head.

In any case, it seems I have some time to kill. I should start with visiting the market first, I don't have any money at the moment, but if I see anything I like, I could always pay a... "late night visit".

As I marched forward, I felt the slight twinge of unease in the back of my mind. The last time I was on a school field trip, I was jumped by 7 students at once. I barely made it out of that, and that was at a completely normal school. This one is filled with a bunch of super-powered weirdos.

It's clear that the lone wolf thing won't work this time. If I am to survive here, I'm going to need some friends minions!

But who should I start with?

I quickly scanned my surroundings for any other students who happened to be heading towards the market place. It didn't take very long to spot one; that huge monster guy (@floopay) was a little hard to miss. I bet he'd make some real nice muscle...

Wait... what is he doing? Did he just feed a cat? Now he's helping an old lady across the road...

Alright, I guess using him as muscle is out of the question... What a total doormat... Oh well, maybe this is a good thing. Gotta start small, right?

"Hey, big guy! Your name is Melvin, right? Nice to meet ya, you can call me Jack!" @floopay

Avatar image for primez0ne
#238 Edited by Primez0ne (9810 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Well. She's certainly ready for this. I'm not.

Saga began running at a light trot knowing Barda would follow. Her heart threatened to explode out of her chest, but the sheer exhilaration of running excited her. Remembering her strange recollections of skills previoisly unknown to her, Saga let her instincts guide her feet and senses. She moved from bush to bush, structure to structure with only a few seconds of waiting in between to check for anyone else. In those few moments she exchanged quick whispers with Barda.

When she happened upon a soldier(s) a distance away, she found her feet actually picking up speed. She danced through their blindspots with a level of agility she had only seen in movies. The soldiers felt a light breeze past by them. Both the wind and the soldiers cared little for each other.

Gaining confidence she continued her romp past more groups of soldiers until she made it past a clump of them. She fell into an enticing silent rythm. Walls, people, nor the trenches could arrest her momentum. It carried her faster and faster until she lost track of anything except the sense of freedom thrusting her advance.

The Wind silences my steps.

A soundless gasp escaped her lips. Her peace snapped like a bubble. The rhythm stuttered. Saga lost her footing. Unfortunately her previous momentum still pushed her forward making her tumble headway into a brick wall. She got up slowly and rubbed her groggy head to check for any bumps. Her mind quickly cleared as she began assessing her situation.

I lost track of time. Where's Barda? Did my tripping alert any soldiers?

Saga began to nervously look around to see if she could spot anyone.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#239 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lunacyde
#240 Edited by Lunacyde (28100 posts) - - Show Bio

(@thetruebarryallen)(@avaliantimge)(@primez0ne)(@oldkaiser)(@sonsofalchemy)

Happiness is a warm gun

Napoleon was the first to speak. "Well, none of these fancy automatics or nothin' but golll-ee! I sure know my way around a revolver."

Jack busted up laughing at the absurdity of it. "I'm sure you're a crack shot", he tossed the skeletal cowboy a rifle. "Take this just in case." The gun clattered against Napoleon's bony hands as he caught it.

To his side was another cowboy, only this one was wearing skin, and grinning like he didn't have a care in the world. Jack looked at him for a long moment before he noticed, clearly lost in his own thoughts. "Ain't no reason to fret friend, I know my way around a gun", the smiling cowboy twirled his revolvers deftly.

"Very impressive" Jack mused. "You grab a Winchester Model 70, we’re going to need you for sniper support." Jack pointed to one of the scoped rifles along the wall.

"Easy enough, I've been in plenty of shoot outs this is just an overgrown one." Suddenly he drew his pistol sending a bullet racing far into the distance where Jack could see a lone nazi soldier fall to the ground.

"Alright..." Jack paused collecting his thoughts. "Suit yourself". He moved to the next student in line, a defiant looking teen with different colored eyes.

"I've got you covered." Zack materialized two guns into his hands, pointing one off into the distance and mimicking a shot.

Jack nodded his head slightly. "Solid, but how do you feel about something with a little more range?" He grabbed a Winchester Model 70 by the barrel and extended it toward Zack who grudgingly took it. "And you two?" He gazed at AJ and Buddy, cocking his eyebrow.

"Buddy was programmed with firearms training but has not utilized it!" The robot responded with glee.

"Great, there's a first time for everything Buddy. Take this Browning Automatic Rifle and pay attention."

He turned to the nearest AJ who tapped her fingers nervously against the back of her neck. "I've played a lot of laser tag, does that count?" She offered hopefully.

Jack softened his voice with mock sweetness. "Yeah, of course laser tag counts. Why wouldn't it?" He cocked his head to the side, rolling his eyes vigorously...."any other skills we should know about? Hop-scotch...Red Rover?" He chuckled softly grabbing another BAR from the pile and paced forward. "Don't make me regret this." He turned toward AJ pulling the rifle snug to his cheek. “Sight the lowest part of the V, cheek resting against the stock, gently squeeze the trigger.” He relaxed letting the gun droop in his grasp. “These are automatic, so all you have to do is pull the trigger and reload when the magazine is empty.” He pointed out the magazine mechanism, disengaging it and swapping the spent magazine for a full one. “Got it?” He tossed the rifle at AJ.

Jack turned toward the rest of the group finally remembering the unlit cigarette dangling in his mouth. In a flash he produced his lighter and held the flame up to his face. Speaking out the side of his mouth he continued “You guys are the ones that are going to make sure our asses don’t get sniped.” He smiled, finding the humor in their situation, a thin stream of smoke curling up into the air. “The general idea is shoot the other guy before they shoot you….or me.” He chuckled, “particularly me.” He paused for a second puffing on the smoldering cancer stick and placing the lighter back in his pocket. “AJ, can you duplicate yourself here and provide suppressive fire, or are you already at your limit?"

“Nope, I’m already tapped out!” She replied enthusiastically. “What you see is what you get.”

“Well shit, that does us no good.” He frowned for a moment before lightening up again. "So what can the rest of you do?" He surveyed the crowd of teenagers huddled around him. They looked at each other questioningly, each offering a brief synopsis of what they brought to the table.

INSERT RESPONSES

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread

"Going forward I will address the firearms class as Foxtrot. Melee and combat classes will be divided between Yankee and Zealot. Ringo, Hope, and the AJs, you’re with me in Yankee. Saga, Sophie, Archimedes, Barda and Harrison you’ll be Zealot.” He looked up. "S&^$, where did Barda and Saga go?" The others scanned around, but the two girls couldn't be seen. "F&^%* it, we don't need 'em. Hope you'll be with Zealot now." He knelt to the ground, trying not to let his frustration show. Tussling his hair he gazed at the dirt floor for a moment before starting to draw a rudimentary map in the dirt. “Foxtrot, you will provide suppressive fire at targets A and B.” He pointed to each target before circling them on the makeshift map. “Eliminate any sharpshooters that compromise Yankee and Zealot.” He looked up briefly locking eyes with the firearms class. “Once the targets are softened Yankee and Zealot will move out. Yankee will hit target A hard, eliminating any remaining resistance at that point.” He gestured excitedly as the sound of gunfire grew louder. “Zealot will do the same to target B”, he pointed to the castle emphatically. "When Yankee is finished with target A we will rally with you at target B and clear the halls there. When this happens Foxtrot will rally to target B as well. Once the building is cleared we will set up vantage points with Billy and Zack as snipers and plot our next step.” By now he was at a full yell. He took turns making eye contact with everyone in the group, flashing a reassuring grin. it seemed to help, there were still some nerves among the group, but most were able to push that to the back of their minds. "Alright", he barked “time to dance.”

Team Foxtrot lined themselves along the thick walls of their home base. They peeked out from behind cover acquiring their targets and readying their guns. Soldiers milled back and forth, surrounding the teens in chaos and commotion. “My legs! Goddamnit where are my legs?”, they could hear a soldier crying in the background while others bowed their heads in prayer. Smoke billowed about the battlefield, an inescapable stench of brimstone and blood. Others were slumped against the walls of the structure, their dead eyes looking out upon the carnage.

“What are you guys waiting for, an invitation?" Jack called out above the din. Billy and Zack began unloading their guns at the sharpshooters lining the castle roof. With each crack that rang out a body fell. Zack's hand glided over the bolt-action with practiced ease and quickness, while Billy unleashed a rapid volley of pinpoint shots. Buddy did his part flooding the target with a deadly spray of lead, turning the first few floors of the castle into a shooting gallery. Meanwhile, AJ and Napoleon laid down a steady stream of suppressive fire, bloodying the ranks of the sharpshooters at target A.

Jack turned to the members of the combat and melee classes. “Yankee team, we’re out on my go.” He nodded at Sophie , “Zealot team when we break their lines you beat it for the castle. Force your way in and clear the bottom floors.” He pressed his back against the concrete slab behind him and winked at his teammates. “You guys ready?”

“As we’ll ever be!” melee AJ quipped excitedly.

“Speak for yourself!” combat AJ rebuffed with decidedly less enthusiasm, taking a deep breath.

“Nevermind I asked” Jack turned and peeked around the corner. He plucked the cigarette from his lips and dashed it upon the ground, looking up and taking in a deep breath. A moment later he was in motion, “go, go, go” he called back as he exploded from the base and out into the open air.

Bullets peppered the ground at their feet as Yankee team sprinted across the scarred, grassy terrain between them and their target. The smell of spent gunpowder and earth filled the air as mortar shells screamed in the background. Bullets whizzed by at a frantic pace, to their back AJ and Napoleon continued to lay down a constant stream of lead, mowing down the bodies in front of them. Jack turned to his left, where Ringo began to pull ahead, leaping over a hedge and into enemy territory. A knife was in his hand and he flourished it in the blink of an eye, sending bullets careening away, deflected by the blade. A fraction of a second later and Jack has joined him, swerving past a tree as heavy bullets impacted it with a POP, POP, POP. The AJ’s were at his back, running in formation straddling his wake.

Once Yankee team reached their target Zealot team followed them into the fray. They swept across the landscape like a rolling wind, their rapid footfalls lost in the cacophony of battle. Their target was farther away and they were open to attack from the side, but target A had their hands full with Yankee team. Sophie took to the air, gracefully darting through the smoke-riddled sky. Archimedes, Barda, and Harrison spread out behind her giving their opponents little chance to focus their fire. Within seconds they had approached their target ready to engage the enemy.

Moderator
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#241 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Apparently you ninja'd me. I wanted to setup a conversation with @floopay while he was still in the Market.

Feel free to talk to him, if he responds we can simply retcon!

Avatar image for batatest
#242 Edited by BataTest (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen

You all look towards the tables. You see nothing.

Sid: But I don't.... I don't see anything.

Arabelle XZ: They are microscopic. That is why I will be shrinking you for today's class.

The reactions to this range from excitement to terror; but Arabelle ignores that and pulls out a strange little device, a shrink ray of sorts.

Arabelle XZ: There are three different organisms that you can choose from. There is the Octoucroun; an eight armed creature from beyond the outer rim. A dwarf giant from Earth (3), and lastly, a Rivursa, an amphibious creature from Earth (8).

Arabelle looks at the class, ready to shrink each of you once you decide which creature you'll explore.

This ladies some kind of mystic, George thought remembering their previous encounter, she never gives any straight answers.

"Ah, excuse me Arabelle. George said, annoyance peeking through his voice at the sudden eagerness of his, seemingly foolish classmates and the less than open Professor.

"I don't mean to be rude with my questioning, but you can't just expect us to make this choice without at least a little more detail?"

"There's a saying in my line of work, its pretty old, but the skins still hold wine. A cautionary expression about preparedness."

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Anyone heard it before?"

"So if you'll would hold your horses a little bit, you maybe able to make a more informed decision." George said glaring, around the room at those so eager to leap from the battlements.

Hushed whispers spread among the students to Georges derision. But they quickly settled down as the small pause in his statement, gave them a chance to recalibrate.

"Are these creatures still alive, do they still maintain their bodily defenses?" "Were they originally microscopic and you shrunk them or this is their natural size?" "What was the nature of these creatures, how did they survive?"

"I mean," George said relaxing as the groups decision making mind came too. "I'm a fan of action, but we can't see them so there's no visual activity from which we can inform our decision. Are we to go by name alone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avatar image for seagod
#243 Posted by SeaGod (4653 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Max produced from his pocket quickly a notepad and pencil and wrote then scanned the fair he was in. "How about support first?" He offered as he was thinking about ways to keep up with the others who were getting stronger or learning new things. "So what made you decide to join this school AJ?" He asked trying to make smalltalk with the girl next to him.

Avatar image for giliad_
#244 Edited by GIliad_ (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Barney had his reservations about the course - The History of Earth One - and it had only been further reinforced by the, at first glance, less interesting ensemble of classmates. Barney's personality lent itself to more obviously eccentric characters like the rough don't-fuck-with-me looking Chimera, Moose B, whereas the individuals on his course seemed more bland - the teacher too looked less interesting than the others, the Leprechaun thought. Barneys suspicions certainly weren't dispelled when the first few minutes of his first lecture were spent in virtual silence as they watched the teacher, Kennedy, tediously tinker away with some sort of device.

After gazing aimlessly and fidgeting about with a coin, passing it dextrously through his knuckles and often closing his fist and vanishing it, his teacher finally spoke. Instantly all Barneys' reservations where dispelled, wiped away like chalk on a blackboard, and he quickly regained his youthful vigour. Just moments before the Irishman had considered downing half a bottle of Jamesons to quench his boredom but now he was positively ecstatic. He barely listened to anything else Kennedy mentioned after but he got the general gist of it.

At the teachers whim, time twisted and folded and the classroom became a thick forrest. Only half-listening to the teachers instructions Barney closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Barney was at home with nature - like most Leprechauns, Barney felt an innate connection with the natural environment though he was more inclined to live among humans than most others of his species - however much a generalisation like 'most' can apply to such a species so rare and seldom observed - and he relished the feeling of the untampered forrest. The forrest felt peaceful but Barneys intuition told him something, that he couldn't identify, was ambiguously 'off' about it.

While the Leprechaun took a few moments to experience his surroundings other students started conversations. A young looking - and quite odd-looking, Barney thought to himself - boy spoke with the teacher. The boy seemed to intend to stay with Kennedy but Barney had a feeling - and as a rule of thumb, Barney always followed his instinct, for better or for worse, wherever it would take him - that at least at some level, the boy, who Barney vaguely remembered was called Keimusho (@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps), really wanted to let loose and explore. Barney gently glided nearer towards him until he was close enough to whisper into his ear.

"Psst, this is fun an all like but wouldn't ye say it would be just a wee bit better if we was to explore for ourselves, aye? Call me superstitious but I have a feeling that ye know ye way around a place like this quite well. If ye think about it it's only our first day like, the wouldn't put us in any real danger now would the?"

Barney was being as characteristically charming as he could be and spoke in his distinct lightning-speed mannerism. His accent thick and convoluted but just comprehensible enough that Keimusho could understand what he was saying well enough.

Avatar image for jotun
#245 Edited by Jotun (199 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

@pipxeroth: Arthur draws his sword and TRIUMPHANTLY ROARS "I wouldst beest hon'r'd to battleth with thou. I can healeth festinate'r then a n'rmal m'rtal, and mine own claws and teeth art sharp'r then any blade though i pref'r to useth one concluded, be it." and readies himself to fight.

Avatar image for totallynotjucas
#246 Edited by TotallyNotJucas (578 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: "Well, I was expecting a slower approach, but I guess this works as well . . .", Fluffy thought.

Before going back in time, he had donned his shrinking suit, just in case. Kennedy mentioned that this was one of Armstrong's battles, and it was obvious that the primate was extremely powerful. Anyone who could give him trouble would be able to finger poke any of the students away like nothing, so just flying around carelessly was almost suicide.

"But even so", he thought ", we actually went back in time. Which means I might be able to alter history itself. I can get my face in a history book and keep shoving it on people's faces. Seems like a good plan . . ."

He had seen a kid (@giliad_) turning into smoke, and decided to follow him, after shrinking to the size of an ant and telling Kennedy he'd be back in a minute.

Avatar image for giliad_
#247 Posted by GIliad_ (6638 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#248 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey everyone,

As of 11:07AM my laptop has apparently shit the bed. I don't know what happened or why it happened, but I can't get it past the boot menu. It was working fine before I went in to work today, then, when I opened my laptop AT work, it wouldn't start past this screen.

I'll see what I can do to try and fix this. Apologies for the delay(s) it may cause.

- Barry

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#249 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2465 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

The land around them as they materialized in the past had a calming effect. The sounds of the forest around them were peaceful, birds flew through the trees, chirping as they went, a song that only they understood.

Keimusho: So is this what this area was like before the school was founded? Seems so peaceful here.

Kennedy: Time will tell all.

'Time will tell huh', Keimusho thought to himself, knowing full well that it's only a matter of time before something happens, his mind quickly thought of some ragnarok-esque catastrophe, but figured it'd be a bit silly to assume to worst with so little to go off of, so he kept hopeful nothing bad would happen.

When you use your seismic sense you feel a great power surge through the earth. You are tempted to find the source, but part of you resists.

"What the heck? That's new, can no one else feel that, or is just my powers?" Keimusho mumbles to himself, noticing this surge of power whilst seemingly no else could. He could roughly tell where the source is coming from, but given what Kennedy just told him, he thought waiting might be best, yet the child's native curiosity couldn't be tamed completely, and as if it were like clockwork, a student came sneaking up on his ear and whispered. (@giliad_)

"Psst, this is fun an all like but wouldn't ye say it would be just a wee bit better if we was to explore for ourselves, aye? Call me superstitious but I have a feeling that ye know ye way around a place like this quite well. If ye think about it it's only our first day like, the wouldn't put us in any real danger now would the?"

Whilst Keimusho was a little startled at the boys sudden whisper (he fast paced talking and accent certainly didn't help things, and made Keimusho think 'First Arthur now him too? Does everyone here have strange accents?', he recognised his face from the list of classmates, Barney if memory served right, and he certainly looked like his profile, a recognisable species of Earth 3, one which the Wolves had as a recruit (he didn't much with Keimusho though, they had quite conflicting schedules).

The words that Barney spoke definitely cleared Keimusho mind up on what he should do, given how his comment of presuming Keimusho knowing way around gave him the confidence he needed to confirm his decision (whilst it's true he's never seen this part of town before, he was used to living in forests given the campsites the Wolves constantly had to re-setup, so he figured he knew his way around someway) and it wasn't like Kennedy was stopping any else form wandering off, so he whispered back, trying to stay in the same tone but still friendly:

"That's true, I think I felt something interesting too, some huge power coming from roughly...that way" he points in the rough direction of the source his Seismic Sense showed him "so I guess it couldn't hurt so long as we don't try to break anything, if your willing too, mr, err, Barney was it? I can show the way." He asked his name with a slight bit of uncertainty just in case he got Barney's name wrong, but either way, he was confident there was something here. Who knows, maybe it could be a piece of Keimusho's memories, couldn't hurt not to try.

Online
Avatar image for floopay
#250 Posted by Floopay (11176 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: @mylittlefascist: Retcon? Lets Pulp Fiction this sob!

Bartender:

"A wizard sent us across dimensions so that we could arrive here. It's a whole ordeal, and I could use a drink. I don't have any coin or cash; but I'm good with my hands (all of 'em) and have about ten more minutes before I gotta head to the castle. Anything need fixin'?"

Fifteen Minutes Earlier

Melvin still was doing his best to keep his larger arms up towards his shoulder. Seeing as his hands would be large enough to grab Jack by his torso, he decided perhaps his smaller arms were a more appropriate appendage to the task at hand.

He reached his shorter hand out and grabbed Jack's

"I'm Melvin. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The name sounded off to him. His real name was some fourteen syllable babbling chunk of consonants and vowels. He picked Melvin because it seemed as ordinary and unexciting as possible. He'd get used to it.

Jack, however, seemed almost lax at the situation, with no sense of awe. It was....refreshing. He accepted that a giant hell demon werewolf was standing before him named Melvin, and that was just that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay