The Armstrong Academy (School is Closed Until Further Notice)

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

Armstrong Academy: Freshman Year

No Caption Provided

The Story So Far...

The date is September 2nd, 2913 and excitement fills the air surrounding Armstrong Academy, for today is freshman orientation. Those returning to the school reunite with old friends and mentors, chatting about their summer experiences and what they're looking forward to with the start of the new academic year.

The headmaster, Richard Armstrong, stands proudly in front of the school; greeting students with a welcoming smile and an inspiring presence, a tradition on orientation day. For you see, this is Armstrong's favorite part of any year, it is a moment filled with new beginnings, new friendships, and unlimited possibilities.

This year the academy accepted nearly 100 new students, a record high in this new age of heroics, each student hand-picked by Armstrong himself, each for their own reason, each who will experience their own journey, their own successes, their own failures. It is impossible to tell what this year will hold for his new students but he knows how important it will be for all of them, and how important it is for the academy to serve them as well as it is able.

Before long the new faces arrive from various transports throughout the Multiverse; a carrier-bus, a tradition for collecting the first year students, emerges from it's hyper-space travel and slowly comes to a stop at the academy gates. The transport doors open and students being pouring out, some of them already deep in conversation with new friends they've made on the trip, others, keeping to themselves, a bit overwhelmed with the rush of new experiences. As they arrive Armstrong's smile grows wider and he watches them as they gather around the front courtyard, watching their curiosity spread throughout the crowd as they observe their peers, their faculty, their new home.

The transports begin to pull away -- a signal to Armstrong that his time has come, and so, with a booming voice that commands attention, respect, admiration, he silences the crowd.

Armstrong: Greetings young heroes, and welcome to the Armstrong Academy! My name is Richard Alexander Armstrong; founder of the Armstrong Academy and your standing headmaster for the years to come. It is with great pleasure that I welcome you here, to my home, and now, yours, as we explore together what it means to truly be a hero. Here you will learn from the best the Multiverse has to offer, instructors who've been hand-picked for their expertise in various fields of super-heroics. You will grow from experiences; both personal and shared, and become the hero you're meant to be. Now, on my left here is the assistant headmaster, and my good friend, Harrsion J. Hale.

Hale: Hello everyone, I'm so pleased to see all of your bright, shining faces here in front me of today.

Armstrong: Harrison and I will be leading you on a quick tour of the school. Don't worry about asking any questions during the tour, we'll provide you with a pamphlet that has everything you need to know, and student representatives will be scattered throughout the campus to help you navigate your first week here. Now, is everyone ready?

There is a mutual agreement from the crowd, ranging from enthusiastic cries to more subtle nods.

Armstrong: Great! Let's begin!

The tour begins and the new wave of students fall in line behind Richard Armstrong as he navigates the campus, explaining each of the facilities and services that the academy can offer it's students. It moves through the rotunda in the main hall where banners hang from the rafters displaying emblems and ensigns from throughout the known Multiverse, representing each of the many worlds. Current students watch as the new students pass by, they point and whisper about what powers they might have, how strong they might, what they could possibly bring to the school.

They move through the Science Center where various laboratories are in use as students study various fields -- anatomy and physiology of extraterrestrial life, metahuman biology, quantum physics, and so, so much more. Then through the History Wing where a museum is featured, displaying trophies and artifacts dating back to the golden age of heroes. After that, the Sanctum, where the mystical world is explored; here reality seems to bend and twist, an absurd seemingly incomprehensible field of study magic is, but one that these students will soon become familiar with.

The tour moves outside and they pass through the various fields and arenas. The Forge; a massive dome that can replicate combat simulations proves to be one of the more interesting topics of discussion, as the students try and predict what imaginary foes they may face here, while others boast about how impressive they'll be in The Pit, a sparring arena that limits usage of powers, instead showcasing feats of raw, physical power intermixed with combat skills.

Armstrong swells with pride as he hears the students discuss their excitement and anticipation with one another, for he knows that his vision has been actualized.

As the tour comes to a close the class enters a rather sizable lecture hall, massive tables fill the hall with plenty of seating for it's new occupants. Once everyone is inside Armstrong makes his final announcement.

Armstrong: It's time to begin your journey! Please, take a folder from either myself or Hale and then find yourself a seat. Inside the folder you'll find a detailed map of the campus with all of our facilities listed for your convenience. Also included in your folder is a short questionnaire. Please answer it to the best of your abilities, as your answers will determine your roommate for the academic year. We do our best to pair you together by preference, experiences, and what we feel will help your personal growth the best. Now, enough explaining, lets get to it!

As he finishes his speech he begins handing out folders to the Freshman class, his associate, Hale, does the same. Students begin to take their seats, you should join them.

The First Task - Orientation Form

You've been given your first task, filling out your student orientation form. This form will determine what classes you take and what opportunities may be available to you. The questionnaire will also help determine who you will be matched with for a roommate, so students are encouraged to answer as accurately as possible.

Question 1 - Class Selection

As a student of Armstrong Academy you may attend 2 classes per semester. These classes will help you improve your abilities as a hero. The classes are detailed below, please read them thoroughly and choose two.

• Anatomy and Physiology 110: Physical Adaptations - This class focuses on learning about the anatomy of extra-terrestrial life forms and those enhanced by metahuman abilities.
  • Biology 152: Intro to Metahuman Powers - This class focuses on learning about the various powers and abilities that metahuman's possess.
  • Chemistry 141: Performance Enhancers - This class focuses on learning how to create various compounds that grant a temporary increase of physical abilities or even metahuman powers.
  • Combat 104: Using Your Hands - This class focuses on learning and applying martial arts skills to combat.
  • Engineering 148: Introduction to Gadgets - This class focuses on how to create and engineer your own gadgets for offensive, defensive, or supportive use.
  • Firearms 151: Introductions to Guns - This class focuses on learning and applying firearm skills to combat.
  • History 102: The History of Earth 1 - This class focuses on giving a detailed history of Earth 1, the Prime Earth in the Multiverse and the location of Armstrong Academy, granting knowledge of the heroes and villains that have populated this world.
  • Magic 160: Beginners Spell Casting - This class focuses on the introduction of magic and the occult, teaching students how to cast beginner level spells.
  • Melee Weapons 130: The Blunt and the Blade - This class focuses on learning and applying melee weapon skills to combat; covers a wide variety of weapons from the savage axe; crushing war-hammer, and piercing blade.
  • Physical Education 101: Improving Your Body - This class focuses on exercising the body to increase it's strength, durability and speed.

These are the classes available to first years, more advanced classes will be available once you take the prerequisites.

Question 2 - What Type Of Hero Are You?

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. Choose the category that you most connect with.

• (A) - I am a beacon of hope and a shining example of super heroics. I help people because it makes me feel good and because it is the right thing to do.
  • (B) - I do what needs to be done, no matter the cost. I will make the required sacrifices to save the day, even if that makes me unpopular or feared by both friend and foe.
  • (C) - I'm actually more of a side-kick. I'd like to work with others to support them in their endeavors. I think team work makes the dream work.
  • (D) - Other; please explain.

We accept all sorts of heroes here. So please, answer honestly.

Question 3 - Tactics

This question is about how to prefer to operate; are you an upfront brawler or do you prefer sticking to the shadows?

• (A) - I charge in and deal with my problems head on, using my fists and melee weapons to get the job done!
  • (B) - I like to keep my distance and analyze the situation, also firearms are fun.
  • (C) - I rely on my powers to help me save the day, I like using them in creative and experimental ways.

We all deal with situations differently, how do you handle situations?

Question 4 - Why Armstrong Academy

We'd like to know why you chose to come to our school.

• (A) - I wanted to learn how to be a better hero and this is the best school for that.
  • (B) - I want to learn more about my past and think this will help me.
  • (C) - I don't know, it seemed fun?

Honest answers help us improve on the functions of the school and let us know why our students are here and what they want.

Question 5 - What Do You Hope To Accomplish

This is a short answer question; what do you, as a student here at Armstrong Academy, hope to have accomplished by the end of your first year. What are your goals? Ambitions?

It doesn't have to be long, a simple paragraph is enough.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Academy Handbook

Here are the rules of the Academy, follow them or face varying consequences.

Posting Rules

• There will be a deadline for each advancement. The advancements will ideally happen every 2 - 3 days. If my schedule gets more intense there may be more time between advancements. The deadline for the next advancement will be posted with each advancement.
  • Posts do not need to be super duper long. I'm sure, in most instances, that a 1 - 3 paragraphs will suffice, but there is no limit. The more detail you give me the more detail I can put into your story.
  • Posts should have some element of role play to them.
  • Failure to post without reason for absence (ex: if you're going away on a trip and can't post, let me know, if you're really busy with school for a week, let me know, I can keep your character moving for 1-2 weeks) will result in your player character becoming an NPC and your participating in the scenario being ended until the next chapter, where you may enter as a new character.
  • Tag me in every one of your advancement posts so I can keep track of every advancement.

Combat Rules

• Assaulting a fellow student or faculty member will result in the appropriate punishment.
  • Most combat will be settled rather quickly, given that most combat will be between players and NPC foes. When there are moments of Player v. Player combat it will be handled in a separate thread of my creation. Player v. Player combat is more rare given the rules of the scenario, but there will be situations when it arises.
  • You must provide proof for your combat claims, similar to a CAV or other Tournament Debate.
  • Act in character for combat; like every other situation. Avoid meta-gaming.
  • Myself and the other co-hosts have final say on how combat situations go. There may be plot-shields that prevent you from killing a foe, instead resulting in them being KO'd or severely injured.

Story Rules

• Players will have as much freedom as I can offer; but, like any D&D Campaign, this is an ensemble effort. I've designed a world that your characters exist in. While I accept as many story-telling elements that you offer I may have to edit/ignore certain aspects of the story if they don't fit/are too bizarre or out of character.
  • I will synthesize posts if multiple users are contributing to one story line. This may mean that not everything in your post happened exactly as you wrote it. That's my job as a DM, organizing the story and making sure it flows, adjusting to what you all post.
  • Actions have consequences; keep this in mind. If you potentially kill an important character you could end a part of someone's story.
  • NPC students/faculty/etc., may be more powerful than you. The students in your grade did not have the same limitations as you. Many of them have powers that might be considered mid or high tier if used to their maximum ability. For story-telling purposes, many of them won't have access to their full power at this level, instead, learning as they go. Do not be shocked if you get in a fight with a foe who is vastly more powerful than you.

If there are any other rule questions, ask. I tried to keep this as open as possible given that it is about storytelling and I don't want to limit anyone too much.

To prevent clutter in the thread send rule questions to me via a PM. I will answer you there and if it pertains to the entire scenario will also post the answer here.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

The Class of 2917

Here are your classmates for your four years at Armstrong Academy. Some of them are controlled by players, others are controlled by hosts.

Isabelle Graff (Portrayed by One_Upper)

Her actions speak louder than words.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Isabelle Graff
  • Homeworld: Earth (18)

Build

• Body: X-23 (No Adamantium)
  • Mind: Frank Castle (616)
  • Power: Honor Guest's Sound Nullification
  • Gear: Rex Splode's Implants

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Isabelle.

Aurora Carrow (Portrayed by Lan_Fan)

Time travel isn't for everyone; Aurora knows first hand.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Aurora Carrow
  • Homeworld: Earth (74)

Build

• Body: Ty Lee
  • Mind: Hermoine
  • Power: Hermoine's Magic (Reparo / Alhomarow / Reducto / Petrificus)
  • Gear: Maurauder's Map (for Armstrong Academy)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Aurora.

Jack Liddel (Portrayed by MyLittleFascist)

A boy of many worlds. A boy with many talents.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Jack Liddel
  • Homeworld: Earth (1)

Build

• Body: Bloodborne Hunter
  • Skill: Gambit (616)
  • Power: Mirror Master (CW)
  • Gear: Magik's Soul Sword (616)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Jack.

Melvin Smith (Portrayed by Floopay)

A monstrous creation; a scared boy.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Melvin Smith
  • Homeworld: Earth (20)

Build

• Body: Jeggered Baenre
  • Skill: Ninja-K
  • Power: Forge's Enhanced Mind (616)
  • Gear: Shelke the Transparent's Bio-Tech (Final Fantasty 7)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Melvin.

Barney McGee (Portrayed by Giliad_)

A mischievous creature of myth.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Barney McGee
  • Homeworld: Earth (3)

Build

• Body: Shang Chi (616)
  • Skill: Richard Dragon
  • Power: Backlash's Mist Ability
  • Gear: Jared Steven's Dagger & Throwing Knives

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Barney.

Olivia "Painkiller" Fletcher (Portrayed by Patriotbear)

Living Machinery. Loving Daughter.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Olivia Fletcher

Build

• Body: Adam Jensen (Prosthetic Arms & Legs / Reflex Booster / Prosthetic Musculature & Dermal Armor / Batteries & Energy Converter / Cybernetic Eyes & Ears / Neural Hub & Infolink)
  • Skill: Snake Eyes (G.I. Joe Films)
  • Power: Simon Bellamy's Invisibility
  • Gear: Cortana (Halo)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Olvia.

Sophie Adjani (Portrayed by OldKaiser)

The product of true love and a bizarre obsession.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Sophie Adjani

Build

• Body: Elektra (616)
  • Skill: Mantis
  • Power: D'Vorah (Mortal Kombat)
  • Gear: Spider-Man's Web Shooters

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Sophie.

Ikol (Portrayed by BlackSpidey2099)

Inter-dimensional prankster or worlds greatest hero-in-training?

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Ikol
  • Homeworld: ???

Build

• Body: Deathstroke (PC)
  • Skill: Batman (PC)
  • Power: Kitty Pryde's Intangibility (616)
  • Gear: Mysterio's Suit (616)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Ikol.

Arfuna Arfata (Portrayed by SupremeGeneration)

Defending his world from the darkness, no matter the cost.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Arfuna Arfata
  • Homeworld: Earth (-1)

Build

• Body: Percy Jackson
  • Skill: Wesley Gibson (Comics)
  • Power: Jackie Estacado Darkness Manipulation (Video Game)
  • Gear: Spider-Man Stealth Suit (616)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Arfuna.

Jack Twain (Portrayed by Lunacyde)

Still in his teens but very much jaded.

No Caption Provided

• Name: Jack Twain
  • Homeworld: Earth (20)

Build

• Body: Storm Shadow
  • Skill: Josh Faraday
  • Power: Agent Helix's Total Organic Battlefield Awareness
  • Gear: The 2nd Gun (Sixth Gun)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Jack.

Nyra (Portrayed by Sazzmi)

More than just a cog in the machine.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Nyra
  • Homeworld: Earth (103) (Now Destroyed)

Build

• Body: Mileena (Mortal Kombat)
  • Skill: Jury Rigg (Ben 10)
  • Power: Karnak's Weakness Detection
  • Gear: Hawkman's Nth Metal Armor (N52)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Nyra.

Max Eliss (Portrayed by Seagod)

Sibling Rivalry? Maybe just a bit.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Max Eliss

Build

• Body: James Rogers
  • Skill: Sento Kiryu
  • Power: Red Aka Weapon Summoning (Scissors)
  • Gear: Rail Slasher (ToQger)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Max.

Trevor Alton (Portrayed by Pipxeroth)

What happens when you put muscles on top of more muscles...?

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Trevor Alton AKA: Permanence

Build

• Body: Deadpool (616)
  • Skill: Hercules (616)
  • Power: Sabretooth's Healing Factor (616)
  • Gear: Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton (616)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Trevor.

Amane, Daughter of the Sea (Portrayed by GeekRyan)

A young world traveler with her eyes on the horizon.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Amane

Build

• Body: Psylocke (616)
  • Skill: Lady Shiva
  • Power: Katara's Waterbending
  • Gear: CW Water Totem

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Amane.

Saga Daenain (Portrayed by Primez0ne)

Inherited a cursed blade; worst present ever.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Saga Daenain
  • Homeworld: Earth (100)

Build

• Body: Cassandra Cain
  • Skill: Elektra (616)
  • Power: N/A
  • Gear: Ebony Blade (aesthetically looks like a Katana)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Sage.

Marco Giovanni (Portrayed by HigherPower)

Sometimes the apple does fall far from the tree.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Marco Giovanni

Build

• Body: Ninjak
  • Skill: Paradox (Critter/BDI universe)
  • Power: Ectoplasm (Haunt)
  • Gear: MCU Iron Man Exoskeletion

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Marco.

Ringo James (Portrayed by SonsofAlchemy)

He's a cat person, not literally though, in that sense he's a person person.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Ringo James

Build

• Body: Jean-Paul Valley
  • Skill: Danny Rand
  • Power: Drizz't Do-Urden's Darkness Manipulation
  • Gear: Bucky Barne's Cybernetic Arm & Domino Mask

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Ringo.

Jane Liddel (Portrayed by Red_Ruby_Petal)

Lover of guns; still deciding on the brother.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Jane Liddel

Build

• Body: Solid Snake
  • Skill: Revolver Ocelot
  • Power: Neo's Semblance (RWBY)
  • Gear: Roland's Revolvers

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Jane.

Solomon Carter (Portrayed by Mr_Ingenuity)

The greatest thief you've never seen.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Solomon Carter

Build

• Body: Steve Rogers (616)
  • Skill: Peter Parker (616)
  • Power: Peter Parker's Spider-Sense (616)
  • Gear: T-Sphere (1) (Mr. Terrific)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Solomon.

Keimusho Tamashii (Portrayed by Gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps)

A boy raised by wolves.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Keimusho Tamashii

Build

• Body: Big Boss
  • Skill: Raiden (Metal Gear)
  • Power: Toph's Earthbending (ATLA)
  • Gear: Penny's Blades (RWBY)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Keimusho.

Fluffy, Destroyer of Worlds (Portrayed by TotallyNotJucas)

Looks may be deceiving.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Fluffy, Destroyer of Worlds
  • Homeworld: Earth (112)

Build

• Body: Batman (N52)
  • Skill: Lucy (20% / Lucy)
  • Power: Static Shock's Electromagnestism (N52)
  • Gear: MCU Yellowjacket Suit

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Fluffy.

Junichiro Lancaster (Portrayed by ChronicPlane)

A mystery man who appeared from a storm.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Junichiro Lancaster

Build

• Body: Lie Ren (RWBY)
  • Skill: Grey Fox (Metal Gear)
  • Power: Sub-Zero's Cryokinesis (Mortal Kombat)
  • Gear: MCU Falcon's Redwing (MCU; color's altered to be a blue/flame skin)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Junichiro.

Thomas Clarkson (Portrayed by Major_Hellstrom)

This boy reeks of the 90's.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Thomas Clarkson AKA: Badass
  • Homeworld: Earth (100)

Build

• Body: Deathstroke (N52/Rebirth)
  • Skill: Bullseye (616)
  • Power: Iron Butterfly's Metal Manipulation
  • Gear: Daniel Ketch's Hell Cycle

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Thomas.

Jim Allen (Portrayed by WarlockMage)

He doesn't like raising his voice.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Jim Allen

Build

• Body: Grifter
  • Skill: Backlash
  • Power: Banshee's Sonic Scream
  • Gear: Constrictor's Adamantium Coils

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Jim.

Billy the Kid (Portrayed by AValiantImge)

He may be a kid, but he's got two guns pointed in your direction.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Billy the Kid
  • Homeworld: Earth (32)

Build

• Body: Classic/Modern Eternal Warrior
  • Skill: Best Tiger
  • Power: Classic Livewire's Magnetic Power
  • Gear: The Eternal Warrior's Revolvers

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Billy.

Jökul (Portrayed by Jacthripper)

Always manages to keep his cool.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Jökul

Build

• Body: Dick Grayson
  • Skill: James Bond
  • Power: Mantle of the Winter Knight
  • Gear: Bleed Artifact

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Jökul.

Alathur & Aberlin (Portrayed by StormShadow_X)

Just a boy and his dragon working to discover themselves.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Alathur // Aberlin (Dragon)

Build

• Body: Daredevil
  • Skill: Catwoman
  • Power: Falcon's Animal Scrying (only w/Lockheed)
  • Gear: Lockheed (aesthetically a dark-bronze dragon)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Alathur, and of course, Aberlin too.

Sid Furious (Portrayed by TTBA)

An unstoppable force of justice; lover of Death Metal.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Sid Furious

Build

• Body: Nightwing
  • Skill: Nightwing / Banshee / Pied Piper
  • Power: Banshee's Sonic Scream
  • Gear: Lucio's Sonic Amplifier / Prometheus' Nightstick

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Sid.

Harrison Beaumont (Portrayed by TTBA)

He's got a bat and one bad attitude.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Harrison Beaumont

Build

• Body: Ultimate Captain America
  • Skill: Ultimate Captain America
  • Power: Leech's Power Nullification
  • Gear: Adamantium Baseball Bat w/Nails

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Harrison.

Brandon Jaspers (Portrayed by TTBA)

A heart of light surrounded by darkness.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Brandon Jaspers
  • Homeworld: Earth (1950)

Build

• Body: Tim Drake
  • Skill: Tim Drake & Cloak
  • Power: Cloak's Darkforce Manipulation
  • Gear: Mandarin's Blacklight Ring

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Brandon.

Nora Jaspers (Portrayed by TTBA)

An uncorruptible force of good; a light in the darkness.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Nora Jaspers
  • Homeworld: Earth (1950)

Build

• Body: Colleen Wing
  • Skill: Colleen Wing
  • Power: Dagger's Living Light Manipulation & Raven's Empathy
  • Gear: N/A

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Nora.

Archimedes Young (Portrayed by TTBA)

Sometimes big things come in small packages.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Archimedes Young

Build

• Body: Amadeus Cho (No Hulk)
  • Skill: Amadeus Cho / Brainiac 5
  • Power: Amadeus Cho's Hypermind
  • Gear: Brainiac 5's Force Field Belt

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Archimedes.

Frankie N. Stein (Portrayed by TTBA)

A little bit of everything.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Frankie N. Stein
  • Homeworld: Earth (2)

Build

• Body: Tombstone / Deadpool
  • Skill: Bane
  • Power: Deadpool's Healing Factor / Static Shock's Electromagnetism / Terror Inc.'s Matter Assimilation
  • Gear: Adamantium Knuckle Dusters

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Frankie.

Misty Morrows (Portrayed by TTBA)

She wasn't afraid of spider's, so why are you?

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Misty Morrows

Build

• Body: Mayday Parker
  • Skill: Mayday Parker
  • Power: Peter Parker's Spider Sense, Organic Webbing (Spider-Man)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Misty.

Emily Jane (Portrayed by TTBA)

She doesn't talk much, but she's one hell of a listener.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Emily Jane

Build

• Body: UNKNOWN
  • Skill: UNKNOWN
  • Power: UNKNOWN
  • Gear: UNKNOWN

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Emily.

Hope (Portrayed by TTBA)

He burns bright with positivity and potential!

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Hope

Build

• Body: Iron Fist
  • Skill: Iron Fist / Daredevil
  • Power: Iron Fist's Chi Manipulation / Daredevil's Radar Sense
  • Gear: Daredevil's Baton

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Hope.

V (Portrayed by TTBA)

It isn't easy being good at everything.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: V

Build

• Body: Batman
  • Skill: Cassandra Cain
  • Power: Taskmaster's Skill Copying / Cypher's Language Translation / Mimic's Power Mimicry
  • Gear: Prometheus' Helmet

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, V.

Moose Blackfinger (Portrayed by TTBA)

Howling at the moon wasn't cool until Moose did it.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Moose Blackfinger
  • Homeworld: Earth (2)

Build

• Body: Werewolf by Night
  • Skill: Wolverine
  • Power: Wolverine's Healing Factor / Creeper's Laugh
  • Gear: Wolverine's Adamantium Claws

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Moose.

P.H.I.L. (Portrayed by TTBA)

He was created with one desire -- speed.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: P.H.I.L.
  • Homeworld: Earth (5)

Build

• Body: T-800
  • Skill: Silver Samurai / Wally West
  • Power: Wally West's Speed Force Connection
  • Gear: Two Anti-Metal Katanas

Welcome to Armstrong Academy P.H.I.L.

Kip Sparknaught (Portrayed by TTBA)

Sure, he's lost an arm, and a leg, and maybe some sanity, but sometimes you've gotta risk it all to be the best.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Kip Sparknaught
  • Homeworld: Earth (53)

Build

• Body: Winter Soldier
  • Skill: Winter Soldier / TF2 Demoman
  • Power: Maddison Jeffries' Technopathy
  • Gear: Winter Soldier's Bionic Arm / TF2 Demoman Loadout

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Kip

Zack 'Z' Miller (Portrayed by TTBA)

Down a darker path; will he be able to shift it elsewhere?

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Zack 'Z' Miller
  • Homeworld: Earth (95)

Build

• Body: Damien Wayne
  • Skill: John Wick
  • Power: Zamigo's Ice Guns
  • Gear: The Cape (The Cape)

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Z.

Napoleon Alby (Portrayed by TTBA)

He lacks skin, he lacks muscle, he lacks organs, but he has a strong moral backbone.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Napoleon Alby
  • Homeworld: Earth (32)

Build

• Body: Skulduggery Pleasant
  • Skill: Deadshot
  • Power: Argus Vision
  • Gear: The 3rd Gun

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Napoleon.

AJ Jennings (Portrayed by TTBA)

Her wish? More of her in the world.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: AJ Jennings

Build

• Body: Black Cat
  • Skill: Black Widow
  • Power: Multiple Man's Duplication, Dupli-Kate's Duiplication

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, AJ.

Eugene Hobbes (Portrayed by TTBA)

He just wants to add a little more spice to life.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Eugene Hobbes

Build

• Body: UNKNOWN
  • Skill: UNKNOWN
  • Power: UNKNOWN
  • Gear: UNKNOWN

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Eugene

Christopher Miller (Portrayed by TTBA)

He's fairly observant.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Christopher Miller

Build

• Body: Eye Boy
  • Skill: Cyclops
  • Power: Cyclops Optic Blasts / Cyclops Spatial Awareness / Eye Boy's Vision

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Christopher

Barda Kl'Tok (Portrayed by TTBA)

Shes no damsel in distress, boys.

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Barda Kl'Tok
  • Homeworld: Earth (1000)

Build

• Body: Red Sonja
  • Skill: Red Sonja
  • Power: Poison Ivy's Plant Manipulation
  • Gear: Adamantium Dagger

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Barda.

Buddy (Portrayed by TTBA)

His prime objective; to help you, friend!

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Buddy
  • Homeworld: Earth (5)

Build

• Body: Aphrodite IX
  • Skill: Aphrodite IX
  • Power: Black Lightning's Lightning / Heatwave's Pyrokinesis
  • Gear: Bloodshot Nanites

Welcome to Armstrong Academy, Buddy.

There are more to come; and this post will be updated as you meet them.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

Story Advancement Log

To keep track of when the advancement has happened and to see the plot in a linear fashion without having to sort through pages and pages!

• First Advancement - Post 1 / Page 1
  • Second Advancement - Post 111 / Page 3

Location Guide & Maps

Here is a rough map of the school grounds; I am not a microsoft paint wizard, but by the end of this scenario maybe I'll have my own exhibition.

No Caption Provided

Location Descriptions

Here is each location in more detail:

• Front Courtyard - A wide, open courtyard; frequently used by students to socialize during their down time.
  • Auditorium - A large auditorium which features displays to each different Earth in the Multiverse. Assemblies often happen in here, as well as school theatre productions.
  • The Lunch Room - Big ol' Cafeteria for students to eat and refuel.
  • The Headmaster's Office - Represented by the RED DOT. This is Armstrong's personal office; access is invite only. Those who have been inside claim it is host to some of the most powerful artifacts in the world, Armstrong displays them as reminders of his past triumphs and keeps them out of the wrong hands.
  • The Science Wing - The science wing is home to various laboratories and research facilities all related to the pursuits of science. It is here that one will find the surgery room and nurses office; it is often used for studying Anatomy and Physiology. A genetics facility that is home to the research of metahuman abilities and quirks and is used by many of the biology classes; next door is the chemistry lab, used to study various drugs and chemical compounds. Finally, there is the physics lab; which is used to study various energies and universes through means of science. It is frowned upon by those in the science center to use magic; but you won’t get detention for it, just a stone cold glare. Much of the science wing is decorated with busts and imagery of the multiverses top scientists.
  • Engineering Center - Connected to the science center is the engineering center; used by students who are following a technological study. The facilities in the engineering center consist of a weapons room where students can build and deconstruct powerful technological weapons, a firing range, to test these weapons, and a full sized spaceship, that, in emergencies, can be detached from the school and be used to travel through the cosmos. This ship is maintained by the shop class instructor who had built the ship by hand for intergalactic death races throughout the universe.
  • The History Wing - The history wing is host to the history classrooms as well as the archives (a large library) and the museum, where artifacts from other earths are preserved for study and examination.
  • The Ocularium - The ocularium is home to all of the mystical teachings and facilities on the grounds. Here a library for the occult can be found, and artifacts considered too dangerous to be in the museum. There are rumors of dark magical sacrifices that’ve happened in hidden classrooms, but those are just rumors.
  • The Dormitories - There are dorms for both male and female students. Each dorm room has a room area and bedrooms for the students. Roommates share their common area but may keep their own rooms private. Each room comes with image inducing technology to reshape the visual aesthetic of the room to help with cases of homesickness. Rooms are also provided with terminals to access the internet as well as other basic commodities.
  • The Pit - A sparring center where power dampeners can be turned on for matches of pure skill and raw physical power.
  • The Forge - While it sounds like it may be used for weapon creation, the forge is actually a high tech simulation center used to train students in what it’s like to operate out in the field. Students can fight holographic villains and monsters, attempt to rescue citizens from environmental hazards, or whatever else is required. The Forge is where real heroes are made and is run by the physical education instructor. It’s said that everything seen in The Forge is based on experiences that the faculty have had in their heroic careers, makes us wonder, what the hell did some of these people go through.
  • The Arboretum - Represented by the BLUE dot. The arboretum is home to many exotic plants from various worlds and dimensions. It is cared for by both faculty and students and is studied by some of the biology classes. Be careful in here, as some of the plants have a mind of their own!
  • The Sanguine Wilds - The sanguine wilds is a grouping of large forest area outside of the grounds. Various wild animals live here and it’s a popular destination for the outing club. It’s dangerous to explore here alone and without a faculty member, as some incredibly dangerous species live in the woods.
  • Lover's Lagoon - The lagoon, also known as lover’s lagoon, is a large body of water located on campus. It is rumored that couples will sneak out here late at night for illicit activities, but it’s primary function is for water-based heroes to train their abilities, for practice naval battles, and for relaxing on a hot summer day. During the winter months the lake is frozen and students can often be found ice skating or playing hockey.

When in these locations I will do my best to describe your surroundings. Similar to D&D I won't explain every little detail, but if you need clarification on something or have a question about a detail you deem important, feel free to ask.

Some of these areas are guarded by magical and technological security systems; breaking into the museum is probably going to set that off, or using a lab center without getting permission/after-hours.

Reminder - Keep Unrelated Chatter Out Of Main Thread

Instead use the Discord. Keep the main thread as ON TOPIC as possible to prevent having to sift through off-topic posts to find your advancements.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey Peeps

My name is Jökul, I'll be attending this institution with you!

About Me

Class Schedule

• Magic 160: Beginners Spell Casting - This class focuses on the introduction of magic and the occult, teaching students how to cast beginner level spell.
  • Firearms 151: Introductions to Guns - This class focuses on learning and applying firearm skills to combat.

What type of Hero am I?

I'm just the kind of guy who's just searching for my teenage paradise, surrounded by hot babes, cold drinks, and warm water. Unfortunately, I'm also the vassal (a fancy word for slave) to the Winter Queen. She tells me I have to get stronger for the coming war against some demons or something. I want to survive, kick some ass, tell my Queen to shove it, and get on with my life, and I'll do that by any means possible. Unfortunately for others, the Mantle of the Winter Knight enhances my violent and carnal urges, and while I'm pretty good at controlling it, occasionally I turn into a real animal. But all in all, I think I'm a pretty nice guy. I watch British television in my spare time, my favorite was Sherlock. Growing up with the Fae, who hold no regard for human life, I grew to hate anyone who kills without reason. Just don't be a tosser and I won't toss you off of a cliff.

How do I operate?

Look, when it comes to a fight, I'll shoot you first if you're a fighter, and punch you in the face if you don't like getting close. I'm an ice mage, expect the cold. Just remember, I'll shoot you in the back of the head before I punch you in the face. Honor for your enemies gets you killed in this world. Fortunately, the only enemies I should be facing here are monsters and villains, so I shouldn't be offending anyone.

Why Armstrong Academy?

They say this place is the best, and the Queen thought it would be good for me to come here. Honestly, school is a good place to learn, and knowledge is power! Plus, there are friends, and especially girls ;).

What do I want?

I want to be the very best that there ever was. Jkjk

I want to slay all the monsters and the nightmares, and make sure that the next Winter Knight, or anyone else for that matter, never has to deal with the BS I have to worry about. I'm willing to step across the boundaries, but I'm not stupid. Hope none of you are either, I don't want a fight, but I'll end every one that you punks try to start.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Fluffy wasn't used to be in the middle of crowds, that wasn't a thing someone of his status would do frequently. But even so, he felt a sense of tranquility there, like he was finally among people like him, different from the powerless common folk.

He paid close attention to the speech and committed everything to memory, it was a good opportunity to take a look at the ones who ran things there. "They got to be imaginably powerful . . .", he thought.

After the speech, he looked around for a bit and was not surprised by the type of people he saw. "Humans everywhere . . . at least it won't be hard to stand out". He grabbed the shrunk suit in his pocket, that his father gave him. "They'll see what I can do".

The form seemed simple, but it'd certainly be important for what would come. He carefully read it and answered the questions.

"1) Okay, class selection. Fighting with your hands or melee weapons is rather primitive, so those are out. Guns are very crude as well. Winners don't take drugs, so performance enhancement is just cheating. Magic might be a bit too much right now, and body improvement is too much work. In that case, history and gadgets it is.

2) What kind of hero I am? Never thought about that, hmm . . .

First is too idealistic, second is way too edgy, and the third is basically asking to be sidelined. I'll lead the weak into victory, fight for myself and my people, and slaughter all who stand in my way . . . alright, they might not like that, some euphemisms should work.

3) Tactics. Powers, gear, and fight smart. This is easy.

4) Why come here? To get more powerful, obviously . . . 'to improve myself to the best of my abilities', yeah, that should work.

5) My plan is to suppress all my peers and prove myself as the best. They'll follow me from there. So . . . 'to stand out and lead my friends into a better future'. Man, I'm good".

And that was just in his head btw. Just in case . . .

This is what I give them:

Question 1 - Class Selection:

• Engineering 148: Introduction to Gadgets - This class focuses on how to create and engineer your own gadgets for offensive, defensive, or supportive use.
  • History 102: The History of Earth 1 - This class focuses on giving a detailed history of Earth 1, the Prime Earth in the Multiverse and the location of Armstrong Academy, granting knowledge of the heroes and villains that have populated this world.

• (D) - Other: A leader who stands with the weak, fights for his friends, and captures enemies

Question 3 - Tactics

• (C) - I rely on my powers to help me save the day, I like using them in creative and experimental ways.

• (D) - Other: To improve myself to the best of my abilities

To stand out and lead my friends into a better future!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@jacthripper: "Damn, that's dark. With you on the cold drinks and hot babes though. I'm more of a lover than a fighter truth be told."

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jacthripper

@lunacyde: "Hey, I mean, life sucks, but that doesn't mean that I can't look for the good in it. What kind of guy are you?"

(Waits expectantly for introduction)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@jacthripper: "Oh, yeah...where are my manners" Jack wiped his hand on his jeans and extended it toward Jokul. "Jack Twain gambler extraordinaire", he said with a wink.

Jack.

No Caption Provided

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jacthripper
SonsOfAlchemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ringo is taken aback by everything going on around him. "So are we supposed to just tell everyone our answers? " He mumbles, looking for a teacher to clarify. @thetruebarryallen

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@jacthripper: "Ah, Jack's fine, I'm not thirty." He eyed the kid across from him keenly. "We will have to..." he trailed off as he saw a few upperclass girls walk by.

The girls.

No Caption Provided

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: (Turns his head and chuckles)

Well, it's good to know that someone else here has good taste!

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonsofalchemy said:

Ringo is taken aback by everything going on around him. "So are we supposed to just tell everyone our answers? " He mumbles, looking for a teacher to clarify. @thetruebarryallen

Armstrong see's the student raise their hand and responds to their question.

Armstrong: Do whatever you'd like to! We're a family here so if you'd like to share your answers with everyone you may, but, if you're more the private type you can simply hand them in to me.

He smiles, a great big Gorilla-toothed smile.

SonsOfAlchemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Ringo gulps as a number of students look his way. He stands and slowly walks up to the smiling man, handing him the forms and ducking back into the crowd.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"10 minutes in, and the humans already can't keep it in their pants. Sigh . . . "

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jacthripper: "You're good man", he fist-bumps Jokul before moving in the direction of the girls. "Me and you....cards later", he smiles before disappearing in the crowd of students, discretely pulling a flask from his hip.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Primez0ne

@thetruebarryallen: The overall tour was pretty nice once she ditched her sword in a bush near the entrance of the school. The deep-seated knowledge that it will come back to her eventually both comforted and disturbed her. Saga settled into the seat and took some time to actually get to order her thoughts. Her mind reeled from the things she saw today in the school. Thinking about it only made the situation feel more ridiculous Traveling to other dimensions, alien life forms, and a talking monkey? I thought I'd freak out or get scared but this feels kinda.....dull actually.....compared to watching Star Trek at least...maybe it's because of that damned sword...or that your imagination is greater than reality or however they say it. After some time, she snapped out of her thoughts and found that she had spent several minutes contemplating her day without actually answering the questions. She hurriedly went through orientation form.

1. Class Selection-Using Your Hands and Phys Ed

Well..I never got anything better than a C in my science classes so Anatomy/Physiology, Gadgets, Chem, and Bio are out. I guess history since I do want to learn about the history of the sword and hopefully me as well...that'll help probably? Or maybe not? I don't think superheroes have anything to do with me or the sword? Also PE. PE and sports were always easy. Even before getting the sword. And I guess Martial Arts would help a lot. I need to learn how to fight by myself even if I got a pretty big head start on that.

2. What Type of Hero Are You- (D)- Other Please Explain

She fumbled out an answer onto the paper that she hoped sounded coherent:

I'm not really even sure if I want to even be a hero. Back on my Earth we never had heroes. I mean like the heroes you see in comics here. It's really exciting to think about becoming one but also kind of stressful. Am I going to find out later that I had sex with my son from the future who was visiting the past? I kind of just want to go on being a normal person, but think I might as well be a hero since I can do things no human(back on my Earth at least) can do.

2. Tactics- (A) - I charge in and deal with my problems head on, using my fists and melee weapons to get the job done!

It's the only thing I'm good at really.

4. Why Armstrong Academy- (B) - I want to learn more about my past and think this will help me.

Saga knew something was different about her back on her Earth ever since she found the sword at the bottom of the lake. All of her physical capabilities grew immensely. Doctors told her she was in better physical condition than even Olympic athletes! She could move faster than most people could see and walk on snow without disturbing the surface. She had also gained an affinity for violence. Saga has fortunately rarely used it yet she felt certain whenever she saw people fight that she could take them. She did not like thinking about the strange dreams of going through fantastical lands wielding an exotic array of weapons. It always ended in death. Always either her's or some other person or thing's death would act as the end of the dream. The strangest part was that she had a welcoming sense of familiarity in the different skins she rode whether she was dying or slaying a giant sea creature.

5. What do you hope to accomplish?

I hope to figure out who or what I am and fix whatever's wrong with this sword.

In her mind the sight of a dead body sliced into multiple pieces and the corpse's still living friends looking on with horror made Saga shiver. She quickly added on one last part.

And I also hope to gain control.

Finished with her work, Saga gazed around the room to silently ogle all of the strangely dressed humans and other beings that were to be her future classmates.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Chronicplane

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

My name is Junichiro Lancaster, or you can just call me "June". I'll be attending this institution with you.

Lancaster was exotic to meet all of these new people, finally being able to get away from the cold-hellish storm.

He just like everyone else listened to what the headmaster had to say "Hmmm, this is gonna be a good opportunity to see just what everyone is made off". He was thinking during the speech.

After the speech he was ready to introduce himself to all the other newcomers "This is gonna be good, I can feel it".

My Two Class Choices:

"Hmmm let's see here, I'm already an exceptional combatant in hand-to-hand combat and have military training under my belt so martial arts and firearms are primitive. chemistry, PE and biology I feel aren't needed given my exceptional prowess in both physicals and abilities. History is important and very useful as the old man once said knowledge is power. So this just me with engineering or magic, the latter fascinates me more so I'll go with that, probably won't be a walk in the park but hey it's no fun if it's not a challenge"

• Magic 160: Beginners Spell Casting - This class focuses on the introduction of magic and the occult, teaching students how to cast beginner level spells.

• (D) - I'm just a hero for fun, really.

Question 3 - Tactics

• (D) - Really, just to find all sorts of new people. To learn more about the world, getting a chance to understand myself and further improve on my own capabilities.

• To make friends along the way, becoming a worthy hero and to become stronger.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@thetruebarryallen:

Movement 1: A New Journey Begins!

And so begins Keimusho's next expedition, one which he for once, isn't held down by the rest of the Wolves. Whilst that did initially intimidate the young boy, being alone with seemingly no one to support him, there was only one thing on his mind at all times:

"Dako, I'll find my memories, discover who I am and make you and the rest of the Wolves proud, that's a promise!", touching the mark on his neck, as that was proof of the family he was representing. As they continued round the tour he gazed at everyone and everything he could find, his vivid imagination going wild at the thought of all the secrets he could find, like a child's first experience at Disney Land. Although his Seismic Sense was going bananas at all of the footsteps going around, but that wasn't hard to block out for someone like Keimusho.

Once Keimusho was given his survey, he quickly sat down and got to work filling out the survey:

Now this certainly gave Keimusho a lot of options, and he was pretty disappointed that he couldn't just pick all of them, given his childish nature, but he boiled it down to the question of "how can I find out more of my memories the fastest, whilst still getting stronger?", to which he decided on:

This choice felt pretty self-explanatory. Keimusho had already had a check up with the Doctor of the Wolves and their was no sign of non-human DNA throughout any part of his body, so learning about extraterrestrials didn't seem like it'd be useful, and the quote he remembers did seem very old-fashioned, so this felt the most logical choice.

Now the other choice was rather difficult to pick from, mostly because Keimusho felt he had basically every base that he wanted covered pretty well, so he decided to go for a option which, beyond his bending, he never really dug into.

Question 2 - I am a beacon of hope and a shining example of super heroics. I help people because it makes me feel good and because it is the right thing to do.

Kid always loved the idea of knowing his actions have helped dozens if not hundreds of people, and whilst he does understand that at points, killing is necessary, he's always hated it and has never actually killed someone himself, usually letting another Wolf do it whenever available. Plus, Keimusho was always good with young people, so anything to protect their innocent smiles, right?

Question 3 - Tactics; (D) - Other; please explain.

"I prefer to take my battle plans on a case-by-case basis. My powers and skills allow me to adapt to a lot of situations and there is rarely a role that I found that I couldn't fit to some level of success, so I'd say whatever the job/team demands really."

This was always the way Keimusho preferred things, it was one of the main reasons he learned Earth Bending to begin with, given how early on he wasn't really sure what he wanted to do with the Wolves, so he just said "All of Them!", and here we are.

Question 4 - Why Armstrong Academy; (B) - I want to learn more about my past and think this will help me.

Keimusho was honestly a little spooked by just how on the nose this option was with why he was here.

"Did Dio go out of his way for this? Actually nah, not the type of guy to do something like this." The boy thought to himself, and just assumed this was just a funky coincidence.

"To find out who I am and return to Wolves a better person for it! Who knows, maybe makes some friends along the way :)"

This was his goal even before joining this academy, it's why Dako requested him to go, and he wasn't about to disappoint his mentor now would he?

PatriotBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PatriotBear

@totallynotjucas: "Its almost like some people don't even appreciate the fact we're here." Overhearing Fluffy's comment Mandy waved as she spoke. "I'm Mandy, and you look like someone who takes this seriously." She paused. "I like that."

@thetruebarryallen

1. Class Selection- Engineering and Firearms

Should be simple right? I've always been pretty good with numbers and this body comes with a few perks that should make the process easier. It'd be nice to really get into ways to optimize my performance engineering-wise. I'm more-so looking forward to firearms though. Dad was always a pretty crack shot, I still remember those days out on the range with him, sighting in and letting the lead fly. He always would just graze the target in a million different ways to let me win. It seems so long ago now. I was a different person back then, not just this body, but me, deep down, my soul I think it has changed. It scares me to think the further away I get I could lose him, forget who he was. I mean, with this body that can't really happen, but I can feel it in my gut, that feeling when we were together is fading away. Maybe this class will help me get a little closer to him.

2. What Type of Hero Are You- (B)

This life is a gift and it cannot be wasted with laziness or mediocrity. I need to make a difference, to better the lives of others, and I will do whatever it takes so that they can live their lives secure and full.

3. Tactics -(D) - Other; please explain.

I do what is necessary to succeed, whatever weakness I can exploit or talent I can use. My goal is to be adaptable to any and all situations where I am needed.

4. Why Armstrong Academy- (A)

To do this, to save people, requires skills, knowledge, and experience. I could try and figure it out on my own, but I would be letting down those who depend on me. I need to learn as fast and as thoroughly as possible to prepare myself for this role. Nowhere else in the galaxy will I have access to the knowledge, wisdom, and facilities here at Armstrong Academy.

5. What do you hope to accomplish?

I want to be the best form of myself. I want to give my father's sacrifice meaning. I want to save the greatest number of people possible or die trying along the way. These may seem like far off goals, but I assure you they are not. I will make the most of my time here at Armstrong Academy, and it will start with this year, right now. I only seek to improve myself to the best of my abilities.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#23  Edited By stormshadow_x

Post #0 Landing in the Academy

Al and his dragon companion Abe sat in front of the bus with showcasing two completely different personalities and feelings about finally landing and seeing the academy.

Al was excited beyond relief finally being able to see the walls outside of Camgrabah which is nice at first until you realize sand has to be one of the most boring thing sot be surrounded by. The school and students around him were something he's never seen before and they didn't like at him like royalty to them, he was just another kid and this was a feeling Al's needed for a very long time.

Abe on the other hand was defiantly impressed by the school but wasn't fond of the looks he was getting from the various students, he shared Al's need to be out the city but this may have been a bit more than he was able to chew. He kept looking around so to give Al the better experience to see their surrounding which he usually wouldn't be able to do due to his innate Blindness so for the sake of his best friend he continued to be Al's eyes in this environment though he'll admit that unlike Al, he did kind of miss the walls that use to surround him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Duo exited the bus Al carrying what little he brought and Abe on his shoulder relaxing without a care in the world feeling more at ease now that they are on the move out of the enclosed space with the other humanoids. They follow the lead of the crowd until they come to a halt as their host begins to speak, only ever catching every other word he says due to their own conversation

"I'm telling you Abe this is what we've been looking for!" Al says with Glee but soon quiets down as the speech is still going and his fellow students begin to look at him.

Abe scoffs and replies in his usual sarcastic tone "I thought stealing your fathers prized sword is what we were looking for, or was that until he caught us and grounded us?"

"You know one of these days partner I'm going to get you a girlfriend maybe you'll stop being such a jer-" Al was interrupted as Abe smacked him with his tail signaling the crowd was moving and we were being shown the grounds.

The Duo were taking in their shared sight and both began to laugh at good places they should "scope out". The duo picked up a folder with a questionnaire and began working together to answer the questions.

The Questions

1. Class Selection

As a student of Armstrong Academy you may attend 2 classes per semester. These classes will help you improve your abilities as a hero. The classes are detailed below, please read them thoroughly and choose two.

"What you thinking Al?" Abe said adjusting himself on his friends shoulder, "I don't we need any hand to hand training or how other people work"

"Yeah well we don't need fire arms either, you can already breath fire" Al said with confidence.

"I doubt that what that means but..sure Al" Abe said with a disapproving head gesture. "Lets sign up with Magic that could be fun"

"Yeah why not and while we're here we should get to know the place, History?" Al was smiling at his companion hoping he'd agree

"Well you're the one who can actually write it so why not, but if I get bored you're get to be blind in that class" Abe said satisfied enough

TL;DR

2. What Type Of Hero Are You?

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. Choose the category that you most connect with.

Never thought about this much, we aren't really heroes though right, do we even want to be? Al said as he could feel Abe's eyes on him despite their shard eye sight.

"Eh... Just choose these don't really fit either of us Al, just choose whatever I'm sure it doesn't matter " Al said as he spoke about it more with his companion

"C it is, maybe we'll get to meet new people" Al happily stated

TL;DR

• (C) - I'm actually more of a side-kick. I'd like to work with others to support them in their endeavors. I think team work makes the dream work.

3. Tactics

This question is about how to prefer to operate; are you an upfront brawler or do you prefer sticking to the shadows?

The duo smiled practically at the same time and knew the answer to this one.

TL;DR

• D) Easy, don't get caught.

"Al I know what you're thinking, they don't need to know your princess who wants more in life story" Abe said flickering his eyes making fun on his friends feminine fantasy.

"First of there's nothing girly about wanting to do more than tell other people what to do be pampered as I'm sure you remember as you encouraged me to start being a royal thief and besides like you said I can actually write unlike a certain lizard" Al said satisfied with his comeback until everything went black realizing what Abe did

"This isn't funny Abe Open your eyes so I can see " This comment must of been weird to anyone out side of context those around them. even more so due to the fact that most people couldn't understand Abe and would only see him not talking or making low screeching sounds

"Not Until you cancel the sob story" Abe said defensively "were not doing this"

The pair continued to argue until an instructor or student came and informed them they should worry about whatever the issue is later and finish the document

The pair decided to go with C and it's mostly the truth.

TL;DR

5.What Do You Hope To Accomplish

We want a break honesy, we want to be able to be ourselves without being the Prince and his Royal Guardian, We don't hte home per say. We just need some time to ourselves before we HAVE to stay there or the rest of our lives. I'm writing this now due to Abe being a jerk of somewhere chking on the things we brought and because I'm Blind I may mix a few things up and well I should reall yget use to writing without him being my eyes, I can practically see him coming back and interuppting this but thanks for choosing us, we needed this and hope you can help us find wh ere we need to be and what WE want to be.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@stormshadow_x: Having just been rejected by a pair of senior girls Jack began sauntering back through the crowd. The echo of murmering surrounded him, each voice bleeding into the other until it sounded like the low hum of a beehive. Their loss. He was lost in his own thoughts when suddenly he bumped into a fellow student @stormshadow_x, jarring him in surprise. "Whoa, sorry about th-", he smiled from ear to ear at the sight of a small pet dragon on the shoulder of the kid he had just rudely ran into. "Is that a real...?"

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By stormshadow_x

@lunacyde

Al and Abe were walking trying to debate on who they should speak to first agreeing their "first" had to be together but Abe wanted to speak with the various other creatures he saw which as you can tell couldn't exactly hold a conversation between the both of them, while Al wanted to speak with some of the kids his age but Abe thought most people Al's age were way more annoying than any creature had the right to be...so that were at a sort of at a split pass right here. The pair continued to argue until a taller and slightly older male bumped into them lightly. (@lunacyde)

Al was ecstatic and took this as a sign while Abe disapproved and refused to acknowledge the boy, the duo heard the boy apologize as he drifted into looking directly at Abe, which made Abe feel uncomfortable slightly leading him to accidentally and involuntarily releasing smoke from his mouth covering the small area around them in a thick black smoke that despite his origin was normal.

"Abe seriously?!" Al yelled as he began to cough " sorry about that he gets flustered really eas -" Al was cut off as his neck was whipped by a bronze tail. " I mean... Hello I'm Alathur and This is Abe but you can call us Al and Abe for short, Sorry about the smoke" Al attempted to stretch his hand out in the direction of the boy but couldn't make direct eye contact due to his blindness leaving his hand to be a bit lower than it should be.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lunacyde  Moderator

@stormshadow_x:

"The name's Jack." He quickly reached down and grasped Al's outstretched hand heartily. "So where do I go about getting me one of those?"

Al couldn't see Jack gesturing, but he intuitively understood he was talking about Abe.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Silently taking his seat, Ryan answers the questionnaire in front of him. His eyes make their way down the list of classes before resting on one centred around guns and their usage. Ryan narrows his eyebrows slightly as he thinks over his options. Then, after deciding that since he's already the best with guns he doesn't need to take classes on them, ignores the class entirely and pens in two other classes.

• Biology 152: Intro to Metahuman Powers - This class focuses on learning about the various powers and abilities that metahuman's possess.
  • Chemistry 141: Performance Enhancers - This class focuses on learning how to create various compounds that grant a temporary increase of physical abilities or even metahuman powers.

Ryan proudly nods to himself for his amazing decision-making abilities. Truly he is a revolutionary thinker. Moving on, he answers the remaining questions.

B

B

C

Reaching the last question, Ryan sat back in his chair and thought for a long moment. Then just as quickly as he lent back he returned to a normal seating position and began to fill in the space:

"I want to be able to save as many people as I can." That is and always has been my main goal and driving influence in my actions. The goal is vague, though, and not something that can be accomplished within one year. By next year I wish to have become more familiar with my psychic abilities. To be able to do more with them, and to be able to do it faster. I wish to use my gifts to protect those who do not have them and understanding my abilities on a fundamental level is the greatest way for me to come closer to attaining that goal.

Finishing the sheet, Ryan sits in his chair and pretends to write until he sees someone else get up and hand their own sheet in. Afterwards, he follows suit and hands in his own.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

Al chuckled trying to keep his cool about someone talking to him normally for once.

"If you're referring to Abe, I'd recommended getting a dog, they're much nicer and don't smack you whe-" Cut of yet again as a bronze tail smacks his neck. " Yep defiantly should go for a Dog, Jack was it? Nice to meet you. Al attempting to keep Abe's origin secret as to not lead the first person he met to know of his royal status in fear of being treated different already.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By boschePG

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

POST 1

Joseph huffed as he grabbed his paper while he took his seat. He hated idiots. He really hated idiots. Just by the random nature of life, he knew many people that crossed his face would probably be idiots. Joseph knew who he was, an overachieving child with an over bearing dad - I hate you dad for putting me in this place.

He looked at the classes. Anatomy - interesting. Biology even more interesting. Combat, I think I just vomited in my mouth. Magic, boring! He checked the two that he knew would put him on the fast track: Engineering 148 and Biology 152.

He contemplated the other questions on the survey. (B) I am not a hero but I do what needs to be done, no matter the cost. Sacrifices save the day, even if it makes me unpopular or feared by both friend and foe. Who really cares about others. They are idiots. I blow things up and fly away. Its not the most sincere opening for anyone.

Tactics he couldn't place himself in a specific category. (D) Other. He simply wrote, see above, because his tactics was a win at all means no matter the sacrifice.

Why Armstrong Academy? He thought to himself as he checked (D) Other. Was there any other choice? Do you know my dad? He didn't tell me there was any other choice. God, I hate him!

What do I hope to accomplish? He huffed again and started writing. I hope not to be bothered. Just let me do my thing as I win many validations from my work through my educators and rub it in my dad's face.

He turned his survey over, crossed his arms and waited.

As you can tell, Sting is a little bit of a smartass douche with daddy issues

No Caption Provided

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sazzmi

"Huh, paperwork. Haven't done this in quite a while," Nyra thought to herself as she looked at the form.

Classes

"Let's see, it seems several of these are combat. Far too barbaric for me. Oh, but what's this?"

• Anatomy and Physiology 110: Physical Adaptations - This class focuses on learning about the anatomy of extra-terrestrial life forms and those enhanced by metahuman abilities.

"Interesting interesting. What should be my other class?" The engineering class catches her attention. "Let's see, 'Introduction to gadgets?' If that's the best the multiverse can offer me, I suppose I should take it."

• Engineering 148: Introduction to Gadgets - This class focuses on how to create and engineer your own gadgets for offensive, defensive, or supportive use

What Type Of Hero Are You?

D-Other; please explain

I transcend concepts such as morality and thus I beleive the title of "Hero" does not suit me.

Tactics

D - Other; please explain.

Combat is beneath me, however if I had no other option, my stategy would likely be a combination of (c) and (b)

Why Armstrong Academy?

D - Other; please explain.

After my planet was destroyed, I needed a source of income. I easily acquired a position on a space colony where my coworker suggested education. I was told that this school is the best in the multiverse. If I can have the best,( and believe me, I can) why go for anything else?

What Do You Hope To Accomplish

Since I'm already the best, I have no immediate goals and I dont need any either, every one will soon see this to be true.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@thetruebarryallen:

Post 1

Solomon got off the transport and looked around and was quite surprised at the sight nonhuman students. Even some of the supposed human students has odd proportions. These sight sent Solomons mind racing as he had just gotten over the awe of interdimensional time travel, now being fixated on interdimensional multiversal time travel and what that entails for different life forms.

Before Solomon got too lost in thought the orientation speech started. Solomon commanded his T-Sphere to record while he listened closely to the tone of the Headmasters' voice. Thinking to himself it might come in handy to be able reproduce the man's voice a side effect of his agent training.

With the speech now over the tour started and the crowd started moving, but not Solomon he waited a few moments to be at the back of the line. He wasn't too fond of having strangers behind him, plus it gave him the advantage of setting his own pace to get a better look at things. Grabbing his T-Sphere applying it to his face to form his T-Mask, which gave him sight that allowed him to look along the EM spectrum. This was perfect to look in detail to the places they are showing us and the places they aren't showing us.

At the end of the tour the Headmaster gave instructions to receive a folder, which Solomon took as an opportunity to get a bioscan (sent, fingerprints, weight, hair color etc.) of the Headmaster. As the Headmaster approached Solomon anticipated the alarm in his head to go off at the first sign off the man noticing. (assuming that Armstrong wouldn't notices Solomon would get the scan otherwise he would avoid it all together)

Now with that done the real challenge answering questions honestly about himself.

• Engineering 148: Introduction to Gadgets
  • Physical Education 101: Improving Your Body

• (D) My goal isn't to stop crime nor am I above benefiting from it either. My mission is to save lives with as little bloodshed as possible. I've abducted a Kingpin, blown up a terrorist hideout, bankrupted a dictator and redistributed the funds while saving a little for myself. What I do is necessary and it only works if no one knows I exist.

Question 3 - Tactics

• (A) I hope to have built tech for ones without powers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@stormshadow_x: Jack chuckled, he liked the cut of this kid's jib. "I had a dog once, ate me out of house and home. One time I was down to my last bit of jerky and I'll be damned if I didn't give it to him." He ran his hand through his hair messing it up. "Say, you're not one for cards are you?"

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Post 1: A Badass New Beginning

"Hmm, this place sounds a whole lot like Dr. Chuck's School for Gifted Youngsters 2099" He thinks to himself while going on tour.

Later, at the lecture hall.

After getting his folder and questionnaire, Badass looks around at his classmates and thinks "A bunch of children and adult looking freaks who are even less matured, I don't belong here. But I can't go back now, not after what happened."

He then cracks his knuckles and begins to answer the questionnaire.

Question 1: Classes

"I never wanted to go back to school, but I guess I'll have to if I want to get through this trash." Badass thinks to himself as he fills out the forum.

Anatomy and Physiology 110: Physical Adaptations - This class focuses on learning about the anatomy of extra-terrestrial life forms and those enhanced by metahuman abilities.

"Sounds like nerd crap. Pass."

Biology 152: Intro to Metahuman Powers - This class focuses on learning about the various powers and abilities that metahuman's possess.

"More nerd crap. Pass."

Chemistry 141: Performance Enhancers - This class focuses on learning how to create various compounds that grant a temporary increase of physical abilities or even metahuman powers.

"Doping? Now, this is more my style."

Combat 104: Using Your Hands - This class focuses on learning and applying martial arts skills to combat.

"I don't need to learn Martial Arts while riding 300 miles per hour. Pass."

Engineering 148: Introduction to Gadgets - This class focuses on how to create and engineer your own gadgets for offensive, defensive, or supportive use.

"I didn't come here to become a nerd. Pass."

Firearms 151: Introductions to Guns - This class focuses on learning and applying firearm skills to combat.

"Consequence taught me everything I know about guns. That'll more than suffice. Pass."

History 102: The History of Earth 1 - This class focuses on giving a detailed history of Earth 1, the Prime Earth in the Multiverse and the location of Armstrong Academy, granting knowledge of the heroes and villains that have populated this world.

"I've been alive longer than the Earth. I don't need to know about history. Pass."

Magic 160: Beginners Spell Casting - This class focuses on the introduction of magic and the occult, teaching students how to cast beginner level spells.

"Interesting, maybe I could learn some of Flaming Driver's hellfire tricks in this class. I'm taking it."

Melee Weapons 130: The Blunt and the Blade - This class focuses on learning and applying melee weapon skills to combat; covers a wide variety of weapons from the savage axe; crushing war-hammer, and piercing blade.

"Hmm, this could be useful if I get separated from my bike. But I've already decided. Pass."

Physical Education 101: Improving Your Body - This class focuses on exercising the body to increase it's strength, durability and speed.

Badass glares down on the paper. "As if my body needs improvement."

Question 2: What Kind of Hero

"Hero? Is that what they think?" Badass wonders to himself with a crumpled look in his face. "I'm not a hero, I'm a fighter, a killer. It just so happens that villains have more punchable faces." Badass then quickly writes down his answer

Question 3: Tactics

"None of these fit me. I ride into battle guns blazing. But I'm not stupid enough to rush in unarmed." Badass thinks. "But I don't want to choose D again, or it might cause unwanted attention." Badass says to himself before laying his eyes on B again with a smile. "Firearms are fun." he decides before writing his answer.

• (B) - I like to keep my distance and analyze the situation, also firearms are fun.

Question 4: Why Armstrong Academy

"These people think they are the best school for metahumas? How disingenuous. And how the hell are they supposed to help me figure out 'my past' whatever that means." Badass thinks before he answers.

"The only option."

Question 5: What Do You Hope To Accomplish

"I don't fight for justice, revenge, or any of that corny crap. I fight because it's badass, I fight for the rush of the battle, nothing else. So I guess I would want to find the most violent world, and conquer it" He thinks to himself before writing some corny crap on his questionnaire so that he can better fit in with the others. "If I wrote down my non-ambition, I doubt they'll want me to stay."

TLDR

Badass chooses the Performance Enhancement drugs and Magic class. His answers are

D

B

C

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By geekryan  Online

@thetruebarryallen:

Amane sat on her own on the bus, observing the others without being noticed. As the bus arrived and she got off, she was impressed with the school and the amount of students present. She was definitely one of the older ones, but she didn't mind. Many of the students, particularly the men, smiled or glanced at her. She paid them no attention, except for when they weren't looking. She remained cautious on the inside, but calm on the outside.

Throughout the tour, Amane paid special attention to the faculty members and areas of the Academy. Having as much knowledge as possible on the school and those who work in it could prove useful to her. The Sanctum, The Forge, and the Pit intrigued her as these were the areas where she could learn the most, train, and improve her skills.

She did not feel threatened or intimidated by anyone she saw, except for the headmaster, Richard Armstrong. Something about him exuded immense power, wisdom, and knowledge. She would keep a close eye on him.

Amane took a seat at the very back of the lecture hall, in the corner. She could see almost everyone from this angle. She is handed a folder and looks inside.

Question 1 - Class Schedule

• Magic 160: Beginners Spell Casting - This class focuses on the introduction of magic and the occult, teaching students how to cast beginner level spell.

I have little interest in anything science, technology, or firearms. Enhancing my combat skills seems redundant as I am already a master of martial arts. Improving my body could be beneficial, but I might wait until next semester for that...

I have been out of school and away from civilization for a long time. A lot has changed on Earth-1 in the last few years. It would serve me well to learn about the history of the world, the heroes & villains that populate it, as well as this Academy.

Magic seems like a good second choice. The origin of my powers are a mystery to me, but my Water Totem is clearly an artifact of great magical power. It would serve me well to learn about magic because it might shed some light on my powers, my totem, and the connection between the two.

Question 2 - What Type of Hero Are You?

• (B) - I do what needs to be done, no matter the cost. I will make the required sacrifices to save the day, even if that makes me unpopular or feared by both friend and foe.

I wouldn't consider myself a hero. I have had a very complicated last few years, and I have done many things that I regret. Option B seems the most like me, but it is much more complicated than that. I will make sacrifices for the greater good, no matter the cost.

I don't care if I am feared or disliked. If people feel threatened or intimidated by me... they should be.

Question 3 - Tactics

Before developing my powers, I was an Olympic-level gymnast and world class martial artist. I was trained from a young age to use my body as an instrument. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and getting up close and personal, but I never rush into a fight. That is a foolish move that gets people killed. I prefer to remain in the shadows, analyzing the situation, observing my opponent(s), and taking into consideration all the factors and variables. Then I make my move.

Although I don't strictly rely on my powers, I know that fighting hand-to-hand isn't always the best option. If I need to keep my distance, if I am unsure of my opponent's skills, or if my opponent is dangerous in close quarters, I resort to using my powers in efficient ways.

Question 4 - Why Armstrong Academy?

• (B) - I want to learn more about my past and think this will help me.

I wish to learn about the nature of my powers: why I got them, where they came from, what are their limits, etc. I have heard of Armstrong Academy but never thought I could benefit from attending. But after spending the last few years travelling the world, I might as well see what this school has to offer me.

I have two primary goals: the first is to learn more about my powers, the second is to improve them. I have little interest in being a prim and proper student, or a hero who saves old ladies and and rescues cats stuck in trees. My powers were given to me for a reason. I will use them to further my goals and do what needs to be done to survive in this world. If I can develop more powers and abilities along the way, even better.

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

He entered the hall and saw the dozens and dozens of students near him, there seemed to be about twelve different foreigners with large hats carrying banana shaped metal weaponry(?), humanoid bugs and what appeared to be a literal demon. He was in awe. Where he came from, he was the monster, but here? He felt outclassed. A talking monkey grabbed everyone's attention as he gave his orientation, and passed out folders for us to fill out.

Class Selection:

• Magic 160
  • Physical Education 101

Question Selections:

• What type of hero are you?
    • (A) I am a beacon of hope and a shining example of super heroics. I help people because I enjoy it, not only because it is my duty. It is every Knight's oath to be the light within the darkness.
  • Tactics?
    • (A) Every Knight should want to be first through the gate, I deal with my problems head on using anything I can.
  • Why Armstrong Academy

• (D) - I had no where else to go. I was seen as nothing more then a monster in my world.
  • What Do You Hope To Accomplish?
    • Further myself to help out on my mission to protect the weak.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen

Arfuna Arfata,

What a wonderful name.

Arfuna Arfata.

Just a passing blaze!

It means lots of worries!

For the rest of your daaaays

It's my problem-filled... Arfosophy!

Arfuna Arfata!

While the constant monologuing was a bit tedious for the taste of Arfuna, he did recognize the importance. He'd travelled a long way to get here, and wasn't going to mess it up for the worse. All these new students here with me seem to be getting along, at least.

By the time Arfuna got his forms, the professors were almost out. He worked quickly, though, to reserve the classes he most wanted.

Was at the absolute top of that list. He'd always wondered how his suit worked, and it seemed like now was a good chance to figure it out, maybe even adapt the technology.

From here, Arfuna was stumped. All of these seem so boring, he thought to himself. He figured he'd improve on something he was likely already the best at.

And with that, his classes were set.

He looked at his questionnaire and circled everything he thought was good for him.

Question 3 - Tactics

Shoot 'em till they're dead. It's less analytical than it sounds.

By the end of the first year, I wish to have furthered my understanding of the thing that keeps me alive, my suit. I may need to make adjustments here and there. Nothing much else to it. Gotta do what you gotta do.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Physical Education 101: Improving Your Body - This class focuses on exercising the body to increase it's strength, durability and speed.

Truth be told I've never really tried it, I wouldn't know.

Question 3 - Tactics

I stick to me instincts. Ye mind knows what to do even if ye don't really know it.

If you can look back on a time of yer life an you've got a good story to tell then it wasn't wasted. I just want to enjoy it.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

Al chuckled with a cocky smirk " I like to think I am"

"You have no idea how to play cards" Abe whispered.

"Shut Up" Al said gritting his teeth and saying it low.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Zetsu-San

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

Well now, of all the placed I could have ended up, I never imagined it would be here... It's funny. At one point in time, getting accepted into Armstrong Academy would have been a dream come true, but compared to Limbo this place seems so... mundane...

In any case, there's no use in brooding about it. Just have to keep moving forward.

I should probably start with biology. If I am to return to Limbo, understanding how my powers function would certainly help. I've gotten pretty good at using it for short distances, but nearly every time I have tried to use it cross universe, it's simply ended in me getting stranded some play bizarre...

What else is on the list?

Performance Enhancers? Really? I wonder if Mom and Pop would have let Jane in this school if they knew it had a course like that. Not much point in taking a beginner's course Martial Arts or Weapons training. Engineering would be nice, but again, the first semester course doesn't seem like it will teach much that I don't already know. While I've never been much of a history buff, I'd imagine that course is mainly for the off-world students. Spell casting... That would certainly be useful. In Limbo magic was something that came naturally to those in tune with the dimension itself; you simply imagine and it happens. Here, things aren't quite so simple.

I suppose it's decided then... I'll be taking:

• (D) - Other: I am far from some sort of moral paragon or cold pragmatist. Working as a hero seems fun and that's all the reason I need.

Question 3 - Tactics

• (D) - Other: Pure chance. This is where I was summoned back to this world and this is where my sister is enrolled. It also seems to be my best chance at getting back home.

Can't say I really have any lofty goals. Not getting murdered by my ex girlfriend would be nice.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@stormshadow_x: Jack's perceptive ears picked up whispers between the two, but he couldn't make them out. He smiled, though he knew Al couldn't see it. "Good, then I won't mind taking your money", he remarked with such glee that Al may have had trouble determining whether he was joking or not. "I'm thinking a little 5 card stud after we get settled in, I'll get some of the others to join."

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

Jim and the others were given a tour like a bunch of lost sheep. Jim was half paying attention, the other half wanted to be outside, he had often wondered if his sonic scream could be used to fly and his mind drifted off to what flying would be like. At the end of the tour Jim snapped back to reality when he was handed a form

Biology 152: Intro to Metahuman Powers

Physical Education 101: Improving Your Body

Jim chose these 2 classes. I've always wanted to learn more about metahuman powers and different applications of them. Maybe i'll learn all the different ways i can learn to use my sonic scream.

He chose "Improving your Body" because he often liked exercising and working out, it would be an easy class for him.

(D) - Other; please explain

Jim didn't know exactly what kind of hero he was... or if he even was a hero. Jim started writing "I want to be an example to others, but im not afraid to become what i need to be to protect those i care about." Jim stopped, thought about it for a little bit, and continued with "I'm not afraid to take a life, but it's not something i look forward to either. I will do what must be done to protect innocents, if that means the non innocent must cease breathing... so be it"

Question 3 - Tactics

(D) - Other; please explain.

Jim explained... "I like using my weapons, my coils to restrain or dismember my opponents and set them up for a sonic cry they can't dodge. In theory i could use an Area of Effect sonic cry but if the target is restrained they are that much easier to hit. I combine my skill with my weapons to increase the effectiveness of my power.

(C) - I don't know, it seemed fun?

This one was actually easy for Jim, he just wanted to be out and away from his family. If Jim got to learn more about powers or who he is then all the better.

Jim paused at this question. It was a valid question and yet he found no easy answer. He put his pen to the paper "I guess i want to be better, better than i am right now. I want to come out of this with experiences to help me once i graduate from Armstrong Academy. I wanna learn more about myself. i never met my father, not my biological father anyways and mom was nice, but it always felt like something was missing. Like i said i want to be better than i am now."

Jim was satisfied with his answers he hoped the headmaster would be equally satisfied.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x:

“Aww yeah Al mate, bust us in if you’s are up for a game of cards yeah?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@stormshadow_x:OoC - Thanks friend. I changed it just a bit.

In-Character:

Jack did a double-take, then turned back to Al. "You know this leprachaun lookin' guy?" @giliad_ He halfheartedly gestured knowing Al couldn't see him.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: @lunacyde:

Al was ready to take Jack up on his offer as a suave looking guy called out his name speaking weird, Abe would later explain its just how he spoke.

Al looked to Jack " I don't think so...?" How about you Abe?"

Abe examined his (@giliad_) face and thought something may have been familiar but he wasn't sure and just moved his head in a no motion.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lunacyde  Moderator

@giliad_: @stormshadow_x:

"Well it looks like my lucky day, I've always wanted to play cards with a leprachaun". He squinted sneaking a sip from his flask. "You have any whiskey in the jar-o, Mick?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By Floopay

@thetruebarryallen:

Melvin Smith

No Caption Provided

He barely fit in his bus. At twelve years old, a little over eight feet tall, and just shy of four hundred pounds; he towered over everything. His heightened senses overheard more than a few students questioning whether he was a student, instructor, or possibly an extraplanar monster they may have to battle at some point.

Leaving the bus, even some of the instructors seemed perplexed as to why he was here. Many of them mistaking him for a new professor. He didn't blame them; he had reached his full growth potential at the ripe old age of 10 years old. He purposely took a spot in the front row during orientation. Chuckling lightly to himself as some of the students behind him (who he had heard mocking him on the bus) sneered and commented how they couldn't see anything over him.

The tour was awful. He knew what he wanted, and knew what he was going to take. But each class tempted him to veer off what he deemed to be his favored course of action. The school definitely knew how to appeal to it's students.

When it came time to eat he sat in his corner, and analyzed everyone around him. He would do his best to avoid potential enemies; but was also aware that his natural form may make that course difficult. He sized up his potential opposition, listened to their conversation and, most importantly, tried to think of common interests he could use to build prosperous alliances. For he knew, no matter how great the individual, numbers were often the greatest source of strength.

The First Task - Orientation Form

You've been given your first task, filling out your student orientation form. This form will determine what classes you take and what opportunities may be available to you. The questionnaire will also help determine who you will be matched with for a roommate, so students are encouraged to answer as accurately as possible.

Question 3 - Tactics

Tactics is arguably the most intricate, complex, and important part of any situation. One must being with an instantaneous analysis of the situation and decide whether there is even time to proceed with caution or if action is needed immediately. As one charges into a situation, they have to pay attention to everything that is happening. Not just their opponents; but their allies, their environment, and those around them. However, one must always analyze their own needs and safety first and foremost. You can't be a hero or help anyone if you're dead, or left helpless yourself. Which oftentimes is not only a hindrance to yourself; but to your allies, and if your allies are focused on you they can't focus on the needs of the situation (saving civilians, fighting foes, supporting a structure, or whatever).

One cannot be afraid to flee, fight at distance, or fight up close and personal. One also must not be afraid to avoid fighting or charging entirely. Sometimes the most useful person is the one who simply sets up a situation for other, more qualified people to handle things. So the short answer is: all of the above.

It was here, the military or incarceration. The latter two seemed like arguably the same choice.

I've already been trained to kill with anything and everything. My body is a natural weapon that can kill as easily as any sword or gun without my enhancements or training. But those skills don't necessarily appeal to me. Sure, I'm a demon, a monster, and a fairly intimidating beast; but there is far more to my character.

I've learned the basics of magic, and have a natural gift towards intelligence and engineering. While I do intend to further my combat prowess; I feel I have more to offer as an engineer and a sorcerer than I could ever offer as a soldier, assassin, or vigilante. My level of perception is one that allows me to improve society's quality of life, and easily dismantle any army's most capable juggernauts, destroyers, vehicles, or technology.

Overall, I seek to use my mind to improve myself and others.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GIliad_

@lunacyde: @stormshadow_x:

"Eh"

McGee paused momentarily as his eyes drifted towards the rough-faced teenager who just spoke. His slightly puzzled look quickly snapped to a welcoming grin as if he was greeting a relatively new friend - not quite as intimate as if he were greeting an old friend rather the type of friend you haven't known long enough to consider close but well enough to have the odd conversation or two - and, with characteristic vigor, and extended his arm in for an arm-wrestle-handshake.

"Ah, Jack lad, how're ye doing mate?"