Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: The Arisen & The Dovahkiin vs Sephiroth (20 votes)

Arisen & Dovahkiin 70%
Sephiroth 30%

The two powerhouses of open-world Action-RPG's vs The One Winged Angel.

This is The Arisen right before becoming the Seneschal, meaning he's conquered Grigori, and both of Daimon's forms. This means he doesn't access to his godly OP Seneschal powers.

This is the Dovahkiin after defeating Alduin.

This is Composite Arisen (meaning he gets all his classes).

This is Sephiroth as of Final Fantasy VII.

Battle takes place where The Arisen fought Grigori.

No Caption Provided

&

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

WHO WINS?

#1 Posted by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunhallowed arrows>>>>>>>Supernova, because their solar event actually happens.

But seriously, idk the other guy but Seph would lolblitz the Dragonborn.

#2 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: The Arisen is from Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, it's basically Skyrim with only a third person mode, way way wayyy better combat, and a better main story and ending. If Elder Scrolls is all you're used to, Dogma will completely shock your system combat-wise.

Anyway, the Dragonborn has lore feats, and The Arisen can do crazy stuff like shoot meteors from the sky (similar to Cloud), and was keeping pace with Grigori, a Dragon who was wiping out great and powerful nations in seconds.

Avatar image for man_thats_funny
#3 Posted by man_thats_funny (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside said:

@thelocust619: The Arisen is from Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, it's basically Skyrim with only a third person mode, way way wayyy better combat, and a better main story and ending. If Elder Scrolls is all you're used to, Dogma will completely shock your system combat-wise.

Anyway, the Dragonborn has lore feats, and The Arisen can do crazy stuff like shoot meteors from the sky (similar to Cloud), and was keeping pace with Grigori, a Dragon who was wiping out great and powerful nations in seconds.

#4 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside: Sounds like a recommendation, thank u. Yea, I only really got into Skyrim. I had friends play Morrowind and though I tried Oblivion I didn't give it the time it deserved because I had this understanding that if, say, I jumped too much I'd be wasting stats in jumping when I'm not trying to make a jump dude...kinda didn't jive with me. All ik is Skyrim, like some kinda filthy casul lol

Sounds like this Arisen guy is the real meat of the arguement here. DB can do some crazy stuff, but Seph can too and has much better stats IMO.

#5 Edited by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: Dogma has this awesome feature where you can climb on monsters Shadow Of The Colossus style. The spells are also way cooler:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

It's available on everything but your toaster, including PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, PC.

Yeah, I dunno much about Elder Scrolls lore, but apparently Dovahkiin is an absolute beast lore-wise.

#6 Posted by Con7879 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

IF Sephiroth is arrogant and doesn't speed blitz then the dovahkiin can stop time and win otherwise I don't think either are fast enough to do anything before sephiroth kills them.

Avatar image for man_thats_funny
#7 Posted by man_thats_funny (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside said:

@thelocust619: Dogma has this awesome feature where you can climb on monsters Shadow Of The Colossus style. The spells are also way cooler:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

It's available on everything but your toaster, including PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, PC.

Yeah, I dunno much about Elder Scrolls lore, but apparently Dovahkiin is an absolute beast lore-wise.

#8 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@con7879: Grigori was destroying Nations in seconds, and Daimon is more powerful then him.

#9 Edited by Con7879 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside said:

@con7879: Grigori was destroying Nations in seconds, and Daimon is more powerful then him.

I still don't recall the arisen or dovakiin doing anything that would make me think he's faster than sephiroth, but it has been a while since I played DDDA. I definitly think they can kill him if they tag him, and in character I think Sephiroth is arrogant enough to monologue or low ball them enough to pay for that mistake, but at the same time

#10 Posted by cromulor (2129 posts) - - Show Bio

Dovahkiin is gonna need to stop time ASAP.

#11 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@con7879: The Arisen was keeping pace with Grigori and Daimon, which means he's dangerously close to Lightspeed.

AFAIK, Sephiroth is FTL, but not massively so, Dovahkiin is also incredibly fast, but not nearly as fast as his partner, The Arisen.

The Arisen alone is more then capable of tagging Sephiroth, but Sephiroth is much, much faster.

I can see Dovahkiin using his shouts while The Arisen swoops in and starts slashing away at him.

#12 Posted by phillip33 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

With lore feats Dragonborn is like country/ continent level... just putting that out there

#13 Edited by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: Then he's still below The Arisen by quite a bit, never mind Sephiroth. But that isn't the thread, I think the team can win if they have good chemistry, I can't see The Arisen being able to do much except barely defend against Sephiroth, but if Dovahkiin can land a shout, it should give Sephiroth pause for a moment, though he's far above The Dovahkiin's paygrade, which means it isn't gonna send Sephiroth flying back, however, it could give The Arisen a slight enough edge to take him out.

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (26191 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I know Sephiroth eradicates the Dragonborn.

#15 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: The thing is, The Arisen is fast enough to fend off Sephiroth from killing Dovahkiin for a prolonged period of time without himself dying, and he's more then fast enough to stab right through an off-guard Sephiroth, Dovahkiin could just distract Sephiroth.

#16 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#17 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#18 Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) - - Show Bio

arisen is way too hax for this

#19 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by TheTruthIII (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragonborn can literally kill Alduin at any level between 2 and a gazillion. Need more specificity.

Anyways, either Sephiroth speedblitzes them both into oblivion, or the duo hax him to death.

#21 Posted by SithRevenant (993 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the hax Dragonborn has, Sephiroth has replicated more impressively.

#22 Posted by Thatoneguy887 (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii: what you said for the most part. Lol. Though from what we've seen from Sephiroth, their hax would be hard pressed to overcome his....(even if they hax him, still gonna take a godly effort on their part)

#23 Edited by noah_ouellette (3484 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside: you completely ignored the end game combat where he becomes omnipotent so. Arisen slams. Also I would argue Dragonborn to be weaker than most rpg powerhouses.

#24 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@noah_ouellette:That's because this is pre-Seneschal Arisen. You NEED to take into account lore feats and accolades (even if the Dragonborn is vastly overrated combat-wise in that regard and people take Alduin's "world-eater" title too seriously.)

@thetruthiii:Levels are 100% irrelevant in vs matches. We focus on their feats and accolades, furthermore, The Arisen is fast enough to directly compete with Sephiroth in terms of swordplay, considering Grigori has wiped out Nations in seconds, and we've seen his fireballs, and they weren't enough to take down a country, and we see him casually fly way faster then any aircraft on Earth in the Final Battle.

Either way, The Arisen has taken on high-dimensional beings like the Ur-Dragon and Daimon, who straight up created his own dimension which exists on a plane separate from the rest of the game. The big dogs of this competition are Arisen and Sephiroth for sure, but Ik The Arisen can't take on Sephiroth alone, which is why I added Dovahkiin in.

What I believe? Sephiroth has way stronger magicks then Dovahkiin and slightly stronger magicks then The Arisen if we count Materia, Sephiroth is much faster then The Arisen and Dovahkiin, but The Arisen is fast enough to tag him on his own, together they'll overwhelm him, and Sephiroth doesn't have what it takes in any capacity to eliminate either of these guys at once, which is why I think TOGETHER, they're too much at once for Sephiroth to handle. We also factor in that The Dovahkiin has legendaried' everything and has all the Daedric Artifacts on his person, and he's at the very least in this fight.

I 100% believe they can take it.

#25 Posted by noah_ouellette (3484 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside: Didnt see that. Still kind of irrelevant. With Daimon feats he is still a god tier, just not omnipotent. Daimon was a universal threat. By feats and lore Arisen destroys.

#26 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by noah_ouellette (3484 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside: He was going to end the eternal cycle through reality warping. That thing that keeps the very reality of the multiverse in dragons dogma together? Right...Also Grigori is far more powerful than you give him credit for. He isn't just a big ass dragon. He is also a high tier reality warper who can create pocket dimensions that cross every universe, not just one.

#28 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@noah_ouellette: Oh damn, yeah, I completely forgot that.

But it's heavily implied the Seneschal just has dominion over the world you were on.

#29 Edited by TheTruthIII (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside said:

@thetruthiii:Levels are 100% irrelevant in vs matches.

Not true. You can beat Alduin as a Dovahkiin who is level 2, with zero armor, zero perks, a couple novice level spells and 1 shout. Are you trying to imply that's the same thing as a fully upgraded and equipped Dragonborn who has access to everything both lore and gameplay have to offer? Because it isn't.

Alduin slaying Dragonborn =/= endgame Dragonborn

Also, if you had a winner in mind, why would you make the thread?

#30 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii: Kinda what vs threads are, putting your opinion out there and seeing if arguments can change your opinion.

Also, I'm saying nothing that happens in-game and only lore feats count.

#31 Posted by TheTruthIII (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside said:

@thetruthiii: Kinda what vs threads are, putting your opinion out there and seeing if arguments can change your opinion.

Also, I'm saying nothing that happens in-game and only lore feats count.

Not if you already have a 100% sure winner in mind and attempt to argue in favor of said winner even in your own thread. But I digress

The game is PART of the lore, dude. You can't segregate them completely, otherwise the Dragonborn would have access to no spells, shouts, armor or magic since none of his abilities are specified outside of the game. There's no lore piece detailing the exact powers of the Dragonborn himself, only enemies he's fought and abilities he can directly scale from (as of now at least, might change with TES VI).

It's impossible to say "lore without gameplay" because it could range anywhere from an unarmed Skooma addict Khajit who knows doesn't know enough spells and shouts to be counted on one hand to an endgame build (which is what I assume you're going for). If you don't want gameplay mechanics to get in the way then you can just say "disregard gameplay mechanics". Don't ignore the game entirely. Although, I will say with certain gameplay mechanics included the Dragonborn could feasibly solo...

#32 Posted by noah_ouellette (3484 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside: it’s not. The multiplayer is literally described as multiversal. The game exists in a multiverse and when you reach the seneschal it says he has dominion over all. Grigori had dominion over one planet, and his universe of his own making.

#33 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by noah_ouellette (3484 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Inside (797 posts) - - Show Bio