#1 Edited by Chibio (973 posts) - - Show Bio

Can few of the Annihilators take on the combined forces of the Green Lantern Corps?
The Annihilators are Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator and Nova Prime. The Green Lanterns are Hal, Guy, John, Kyle and Kilowog!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Random encounter on Saturn
Everyone is in character, but no CIS / WIS
Standard elimination rules
No BFR

Gladiator with full confidence
Nova Prime without the Worldmind
The Green Lanterns all standard versions and their rings are at 100%

#2 Posted by juiceboks (23435 posts) - - Show Bio

There isn't that much disparity between the Lantern and Annihilators power levels. Each GL could handle each of the Marvel members. Though the GLs would win based solely on a number advantage.

#3 Posted by Chibio (973 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one more Green Lantern in the fight to balance out Gladiators superior speed and Beta Ray Bill striking damage.

#4 Posted by juiceboks (23435 posts) - - Show Bio

If Pre 52 feats apply..their shields have tanked much worse than what the Marvel characters have dished out. Kilowag owned Superman before so speed shouldn't be that much of a factor.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#5 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks:

In this battle Quasar drains them to nothing.

Besides, whole GLC also wouldn't be sure of winning this match.

Most of them are cannon fodders that wouldn't do better than Nova Corps against Gladiator. Sinestro Corps War more than proves it.

Only indyviduals would matter, but Quasar and Surfer would depower them, so Gladiator only need to protect them from fea attacks and Beta Ray Bill have to cover them with something similar to Infinity Vortex.

#6 Edited by HellionVulcan (6427 posts) - - Show Bio

Only with Annihilators due to Quasar Draining while Gladiator just fights them in a speed blitz .

#7 Posted by juiceboks (23435 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks:

Most of them are cannon fodders that wouldn't do better than Nova Corps against Gladiator. Sinestro Corps War more than proves it.

Only indyviduals would matter, but Quasar and Surfer would depower them, so Gladiator only need to protect them from fea attacks and Beta Ray Bill have to cover them with something similar to Infinity Vortex.

So you're saying these 4 can take down Kyle, Hal, John, Sodam Yat, Kilowog, Guy, and Alan Scott? Seriously? Kyle and Alan alone would give this team a hard time and could manage a win.

Surfer isn't in this.

#8 Edited by Chibio (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@juiceboks:

So you're saying these 4 can take down Kyle, Hal, John, Sodam Yat, Kilowog, Guy, and Alan Scott? Seriously? Kyle and Alan alone would give this team a hard time and could manage a win.

Surfer isn't in this.

Neither is Alan Scott =) How would the Lanterns deal with Quasars and Bills draining abilities? Or Gladiators superior speed? Or how would they get past Nova Primes ridiculous shields and his own formidable damage output? The only reason why there are 5 Green Lanterns in this fight is because I personally think that there are skill differences between these specific 5 Green Lanterns. I don't think that Guy would do as well against Gladiator as Hal would and so on.

#9 Posted by juiceboks (23435 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

@juiceboks said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@juiceboks:

Surfer isn't in this.

Neither is Alan Scott =) How would the Lanterns deal with Quasars and Bills draining abilities? Or Gladiators superior speed? Or how would they get past Nova Primes ridiculous shields and his own formidable damage output? The only reason why there are 5 Green Lanterns in this fight is because I personally think that there are skill differences between these specific 5 Green Lanterns. I don't think that Guy would do as well against Gladiator as Hal would and so on.

I was just replying to his statement that the whole GL corp wouldn't stand a chance. I'll post feats for Kyle in a little bit but IIRC he's resisted energy draining through sheer willpower.

#10 Posted by jojjimbo (2654 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilators.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#11 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladaitor once met similar group and speedblitzed them. I am not sure about Alan status in GLC, but none of others can survive Gldiator's attack if he will want to kill them (and in opposite to Superman, he does it often).

Also they can't really defend themselves from Quasar. Nova's shields can take pretty much anything they will throw at him.

And there still is BRB.

I don't remember all GLs, but those who were mentioned by You doesn't have a chance agaisnt either:

Gladiator or Quasar. Numbers don't really cahnge it.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
#12 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6868 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilators

#13 Edited by Britain (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilators Stomps.

#14 Posted by APEX_pretador (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

Quasar drains Kyle

Bill hammers Hal's constructs, and blocks his energy blasts with his hammer

Gladiator lays the smackdown on Guy

Nova only needs to keep kilowog and john busy till Quasar is finished draining out Kyle.

#15 Posted by KanyeCosby (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this just the Green Lanterns in the picture or the entire Corp?

#16 Posted by Charan_ (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#17 Posted by war of light_2814 (2129 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#18 Edited by FireStarLord73194 (2998 posts) - - Show Bio

These lanterns took down a full powered Parallax possessed Ganthet. The annihilators power combined shouldn't be anywhere close to that, not sure about quasar being able to drain willpower energy, but I've seen Kyle's shields tank a supernova and I've seen Hal make a planet sized shield that kept an army of Kryptonians at bay. Not to sure about the speed either because the lanterns are insanely ftl, Hal almost had an encounter with the speed force he was so fast. Lanterns win

#19 Posted by Sy8000 (33648 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering how they've faired recently, Lanterns might get thrashed sadly. Pre-Flashpoint Lanterns who aren't jobbing win.

#20 Posted by MAZAHS117 (10813 posts) - - Show Bio

The Corp, assuming PreNew52/Rebirth

#21 Posted by TheKinfing (10208 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns stomp.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#22 Posted by blackpantherisb (5096 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern wreck.

#23 Posted by Lord_Spectrum (4244 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns get rekt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#24 Edited by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Using Pre FP, Lanterns could take this. The only actual threats from the Annihilators are Quasar and Bill.

#25 Posted by KrleAvenger (24834 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal would definitely beat Bill in a fight. Quasar would probably take Kyle down eventually due to energy absorption, but it's not like he will do it right away, or instantly. Plus, Lanterns have energy absorption themselves and they have the ability to recharge. Considering the fact that Gladiator and Nova Prime are weak links here, I don't see why Kilowog and John won't be able to dispose of them quickly (Guy is kinda weak link as well but Lanterns have the advantage in numbers so he's more of a support) and give Kyle time to recharge. Wendell won't be able to overwhelm all those Lanterns by himself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#26 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer puts a black hole up everyone's ass, and Quasar drains the entire lantern corp, while Gladiator MFTL blitz's everyone with planetbusting hits.

GG EZ

Avatar image for supermanforever
#27 Posted by Supermanforever (5549 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: i mean there are like thousands of green lanterns.

#28 Edited by Yassassin (6932 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Lanterns get chumped.

#29 Posted by Darth_Nimrod (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Darth_Nimrod (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

On topic, I think the Green Lanterns win if pre-new 52.

#31 Posted by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns

#32 Edited by KrleAvenger (24834 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: My man here knows what he's talking about.

No Caption Provided

@krleavenger: i mean there are like thousands of green lanterns.

Read the OP. Only five main Green Lanterns fight here (just replace Alan with Kilowog). At least the OP removed Ronan and Silver Surfer.

#33 Posted by BladeOfFury (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

Quasar is the perfect counter to the Lanterns. Annihilators got this.

#34 Posted by Batvibe12 (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns unless Quasar isn't playing around.

#35 Posted by ComicGirl21 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

lanterns

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#36 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (2998 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: quasar is a watered down lantern copycat. He has the same powers as a lantern, not sure how he can counter anything they can dish out

#37 Posted by Britain (303 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#38 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4263 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for masterskywalker
#39 Edited by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

GLs kick their asses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
#40 Posted by deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57 (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

Surfer puts a black hole up everyone's ass, and Quasar drains the entire lantern corp, while Gladiator MFTL blitz's everyone with planetbusting hits.

GG EZ

#41 Posted by APEX_pretador (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:
@krleavenger said:

GG EZ

There is no surfer here

#42 Posted by EmpressOfDread (7174 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by EmpressOfDread (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 - Better Hax, durability + better Striking power overall. Team 1 slim majority but in a good fight.

#44 Posted by Pipxeroth (8234 posts) - - Show Bio

Quasar and Bill can't carry, too many Lanterns.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#45 Edited by war of light_2814 (2129 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with Quasar wank anyway? Kyle solos him.