The Ace Operatives (RWBY) vs The Remnants (Advent Children)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Knowing that the Remnants would be after Jenova's remains, Shinra has cut a deal for Atlas's protection. Ironwood has sent his Ace Operatives to ambush the Remnants of Sephiroth and eliminate them.

• Random Encounter
  • Basic Knowledge
  • Fight Till Death or KO
  • Fight takes place in Atlus

Moodsetter:

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@zetsu-san: what can team two do? And can they counter stuff like time manipulation?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Ops gets stomped. V7 gave them basically no good feats.

V1 RWBY would stomp Ace Ops. The only reason they lasted as long as they did was due to RWBY explicitly not wanting to fight them.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: what can team two do? And can they counter stuff like time manipulation?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zetsu-San

@thewatcherking: As for Time Manipulation, it's hard to say. Time Magic is a thing in FF7, though I don't remember if it ever got used in Advent Children. Still, given their status, I'd find it hard to believe they'd go down to a simple slow or stop spell. Besides, he can only use it on one person at a time and the others would probably interrupt him.

@greysentinel365 said:

Ace Ops gets stomped. V7 gave them basically no good feats.

V1 RWBY would stomp Ace Ops. The only reason they lasted as long as they did was due to RWBY explicitly not wanting to fight them.

What? The Ace Ops didn't really want to fight either, it was made very clear that they were heavily conflicted; both by the orders they were given, and the fact that they had to take on their own students. Harriet's the only one who was going all out, but even she was arguably compromised and being overly reckless as a result.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san:

What? The Ace Ops didn't really want to fight either

I mean that's straight false. Maybe you could argue Marrow. But the presence of aura removes that they could drop a building on them and not harm them.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san:

What? The Ace Ops didn't really want to fight either

I mean that's straight false. Maybe you could argue Marrow. But the presence of aura removes that they could drop a building on them and not harm them.

You obviously have an inability to understand subtext if you think that's false.

Elm and Vine literally called each other out on holding back.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Lol. All they did was exclaim in frustration that they couldn't finish them off. To which Vine offered a quip. You're the one drawing subtext out of nowhere.

Elm and Vine are trying to act tough and feed their egos as "the best" by saying they're holding back and trying to egg themselves on to do better.

Their entire arc is them being up themselves and unable to accept they're nothing to RWBY.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zetsu-San

@greysentinel365: Umm, no. They were trying to act tough and convince themselves that they were perfectly okay with following orders. Both were in denial of the fact that they were holding back despite it being abundantly clear that they were. They had several opportunities to end the fight throughout the battle and were actively trying to convince the RWBY team to simply surrender instead of duking it out.

Their entire arc is them being up themselves and unable to accept they're nothing to RWBY.

Um, no. Their entire arc was them being loyal little soldiers who always have to be professional, always follow orders, and always trust Ironwood.

You could tell how conflicted they were, just from how easy it was to taunt them with the whole "they're just following orders now".

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 decimates.

Ace ops were LOW tier, clover was the only 1 portrayed to be worth a damn, and he cant carry this fight.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san:

Both were in denial of the fact that they were holding back despite it being abundantly clear that they were.

Ummmm no. There's zero indication of that.

They had several opportunities to end the fight throughout the battle

They really didn't.

were actively trying to convince the RWBY team to simply surrender instead of duking it out.

They aren't doing that because they're "holding back". They're doing that because they're aware that RWY can solo them and Blake can beat any individually.

You could tell how conflicted they were, just from how easy it was to taunt them with the whole "they're just following orders now".

Which frustrated Elm because she knew from the taunt they weren't going to surrender and they were going to have to fight a battle they knew they would lose.

Literally on the Bullhead ride up Elm noted how proud she was following orders. So her losing it at that makes no sense.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365:

Ummmm no. There's zero indication of that.

You have an inability to understand subtext.

They really didn't.

She caught Blake then tossed her aside instead of finishing the job.

They aren't doing that because they're "holding back". They're doing that because they're aware that RWY can solo them and Blake can beat any individually.

lol really? Blake can solo? The same Blake who got caught right away and was only able to participate in the fight in the first place, because Elm tossed her aside instead of finishing the job?

Which frustrated Elm because she knew from the taunt they weren't going to surrender and they were going to have to fight a battle they knew they would lose.

She was so triggered by the taunt about "following orders" that she literally let go of her prisoner to switch targets... >_>

Literally on the Bullhead ride up Elm noted how proud she was following orders.

Circumstances change, characters get challenged. Like, have you no understanding of basic character development and writing tropes? The Ace Ops are your basic Lawful Good characters (Except Harriet, she's a bit more of a lawful neutral battle junkey), they've trusted Ironwood this entire time and are now finally facing orders that conflict with their morals. Lawful is winning out over the good here, but they're still clearly and visibly conflicted about it.

So her losing it at that makes no sense.

Except that that's what visibly happened on screen. >_>

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I don't argue with Grey, he lowballs characters with clear feats, and highballs others that doesn't. He probably thinks current Jaune solos the Ace Operatives.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Thoughts on the battle?

Going specifically off those videos, Ace Ops, they have numbers, and those guys don't seem that much better than RWBY characters in general, but I know there is likely more scaling and context to their abilities.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not seeing anything from team two the ace ops can’t handle

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Greysentinel365

@zetsu-san: @deathhero61:Ace Ops have basically no feats worth a damn. Harriets speed has been calc'd to be around bullet speed. So she can be cloths-lined by.... anyone, Elm strength is matched and surpassed by Yang, Ruby and Weiss. Etc etc etc you get the point. V1 RWBY wrecks Ace Ops. Far superior feats.

Jaune could beat Marrow, Elm and Harriet. Vine has too much reach though if you must know.

You have an inability to understand subtext

Otherwise known as not abiding by your headcanon. Get over it.

She caught Blake then tossed her aside instead of finishing the job.

She couldn't. Blake still had both weapons in hand. One click and there's an explosive in her place. Or she shoots Vine.

lol really? Blake can solo? The same Blake who got caught right away and was only able to participate in the fight in the first place, because Elm tossed her aside instead of finishing the job?

Did you even watch the fight? Blake didn't even try to attack. She (like the rest of her team) didn't want to fight. She just played evasion the whole time. Eventually she got caught. See above, she could have escaped or countered at her leisure. She chose not to. Like the rest of RWBY she's majorly holding back.

She was so triggered by the taunt about "following orders" that she literally let go of her prisoner to switch targets... >_>

Lol. I never said she wasn't pissed learn to read. She's not pissed about what you think she is.

Except that that's what visibly happened on screen. >_>

According to your headcanon.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the movie the Remnants stole a shitload of materia. I remember they used fire materia to blow off the top of a skyscraper and 1 used haste to fight t Tifa I believe. And yeah Bahamut Sin.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not seeing anything from team two the ace ops can’t handle

Got any response for the crazy lowballing, 2 comments above me?

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: @thewatcherking: the best feats the ace ops have, are getting beat by team rwby. (Who were holding back)

Clover briefly fought off Tyrian and Qrow...but that was all clearly WIS and shouldn't be counted

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zetsu-san: I feel like I betrayed RWBY, I didn't watch V7 xD. Only the first 2 but didn't continue.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: lol I thought this season was pretty good. Best we’ve had in a while, actually.