Thanos's Face vs Superman's Punch

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Thanos's Face vs Superman's Punch (205 votes)

Thanos gets his head blown off, via One-Punch Man style 19%
Instant K.O 18%
All that for a drop of blood 32%
No-sells it 31%

Endgame Thanos mercilessly killed Martha and Lois

Resurrected Supes is full bloodlusted, he build momentum before he gets to him

Supes:"You killed my mother and the love of my life.."

Thanos: "You should be grateful.."

Supes replaces Ironman in this gif

Supes hits him with everything he's got.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos tanks it with ease/ no sells;

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He tanked hits from Hulk and Worthy Cap and both of them have better striking feats than DCEU Superman, by a good margin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sells? Hits from Superman? Not a chance. You could argue Superman doesn’t give him a bloody lip.

But I’m pretty sure every time Thanos got hit by a character he’s had a reaction. I don’t remember a character who hit him where he no sold it and that’s looking at characters like Iron Spider and Starlord.

I get Hulk was used to scale up Thanos but the hits Thanos took from Hulk didn’t look comparable to the Leviathan punch or the Surtur punch due to build up of the latter two. The intention could be there but its questionable

He straight up no sold hits from Captain Marvel tho.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanks.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, he tanks and laughs it off.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanks.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos would be lucky to still be alive afterwards

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KryptonianKing88

A punch? Thanos would laugh it off

A full power bullrush leaves him dazed and probably with some bruises

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bayman007

The Kryptonians hit a lot harder than him, and it's not close. Thanos isn't walking away from one of their punches.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll feel it, and will be slightly hurt, but LOL at KO or killed.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@chaoselement: Carol has no impressive striking feats to speak of apart from her punching a missle, Thanos no sold her hits but was affected by Worthy Cap and Hulk which insinuates they hit harder than she does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: Carol has no impressive striking feats to speak of apart from her punching a missle, Thanos no sold her hits but was affected by Worthy Cap and Hulk which insinuates they hit harder than she does.

She vaporized a high quality bridge steel and destroyed an accuser ship.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll feel it

floridaman29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll feel it a tad, but Thanos's face will stomp the fodder

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

He tanks it. Thanos has insane blunt force durability. He also took hits from Hulk and Mjolnir and Captain Marvel and was still standing. The same Mjolnir that does this.

No Caption Provided

And this.

No Caption Provided

The same Hulk that does this.

No Caption Provided

And this.

No Caption Provided

The same Captain Marvel that does this.

No Caption Provided

And this.

No Caption Provided

And this.

No Caption Provided

Of course he took there attacks with varying difficulty. Hulk he pretty much walked off. CM bruised him a but he was still conscious and Mjolnir did ragdoll him a bit but once he got in gear he was able to tank it. All of these characters hit just as hard as Superman some can be argued to quite a bit harder. Superman's strongest hit might knock him over but he would just shake it off. His best bullrushes might send Thanos ragdolling a little but once again he would still be okay.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 takenstew22  Moderator

He gets badly hurt, way more than a drop of blood this time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

He tanks it. Thanos has insane blunt force durability. He also took hits from Hulk and Mjolnir and Captain Marvel and was still standing. The same Mjolnir that does this.

No Caption Provided

And this.

No Caption Provided

The same Hulk that does this.

No Caption Provided

And this.

No Caption Provided

The same Captain Marvel that does this.

No Caption Provided

And this.

No Caption Provided

And this.

No Caption Provided

Of course he took there attacks with varying difficulty. Hulk he pretty much walked off. CM bruised him a but he was still conscious and Mjolnir did ragdoll him a bit but once he got in gear he was able to tank it. All of these characters hit just as hard as Superman some can be argued to quite a bit harder. Superman's strongest hit might knock him over but he would just shake it off. His best bullrushes might send Thanos ragdolling a little but once again he would still be okay.

Do you think that Superman can KO Thanos with multiple bullrushes? I am doing a Thanos vs Superman CAV, if you want I could tag you for voting.

I agree with what you have said here. Except the fact that Thanos no sold a full bullrush from Carol and her punches.

Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: With multiple repeated bulrushes Superman could definitely do serious damage. Superman is no slouch himself and his bullrushes are really powerful. And there are multiple images of Thanos' face having a ton of bruises on it after the CM fight that weren't there before they fought.

Before: This is after Thanos fought Cap and you can clearly see his face is in good condition.

No Caption Provided

After:Thanos is no longer in good condition. CM seemed to bruise Thanos in potentially multiple places such as the top of his head and below his eye.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@money_brings_happiness said:

@chaoselement: With multiple repeated bulrushes Superman could definitely do serious damage. Superman is no slouch himself and his bullrushes are really powerful. And there are multiple images of Thanos' face having a ton of bruises on it after the CM fight that weren't there before they fought.

Before: This is after Thanos fought Cap and you can clearly see his face is in good condition.

No Caption Provided

After:Thanos is no longer in good condition. CM seemed to bruise Thanos in potentially multiple places such as the top of his head and below his eye.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I have already showed that he had some damage before in the exact place.

How did a weakened Thanos completely no sell a bullrush from Carol? Either she was amped or it’s inconsistent man. Thanos > Carol

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanos was physically weakened by the Full Infinity Gauntlet and by fighting nearly everyone. Carol was fresh and absorbed energy also, it’s clear since directors said that Carol could not survive the snap but Thanos did it two times.

I mean, the farm scene pretty much confirms that there is context in the final fight. There is no way that Carol was able to hurt Thanos if the former completely no sold a bullrush while he was weakened.

Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: You as far as I can tell have never shown me Thanos having damage in those spots like ever. And anyways I have already showed you an image of Thanos right before his fight with CM and he doesn't really have any bruises. Weakend Thanos never no sold a full out bullrush. She pulled up when she hit him. Had she continued she would have send Thanos threw the ground. And Thanos was running on adrenaline and likely hadn't even slowed down from the gauntlet. And CM absorbing energy is headcanon. You cannot prove it in fact there is evidence to counter it. The Russos pretty much said Thanos needed the powerstone to beat her. The script nor the movie even hint towards her absorbing energy from the gauntlet. She was not amped at all lol. Thanos has never overpowered her the bar scene was nothing more then her setting him up so Hulkbuster can grab him. The barn scene is the inconsistent scene if anything.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nosell

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: You as far as I can tell have never shown me Thanos having damage in those spots like ever. And anyways I have already showed you an image of Thanos right before his fight with CM and he doesn't really have any bruises. Weakend Thanos never no sold a full out bullrush. She pulled up when she hit him. Had she continued she would have send Thanos threw the ground. And Thanos was running on adrenaline and likely hadn't even slowed down from the gauntlet. And CM absorbing i is headcanon. You cannot prove it in fact there is evidence to counter it. The Russos pretty much said Thanos needed the powerstone to beat her. The script nor the movie even hint towards her absorbing energy from the gauntlet. She was not amped at all lol. Thanos has never overpowered her the bar scene was nothing more then her setting him up so Hulkbuster can grab him. The barn scene is the inconsistent scene if anything.

I have shown a screenshot about Carol glowing more. I think this is evidence plus Thanos took no damage from the bullrush as far as I know.

No Caption Provided

Thanos is physically weakened a lot due to wearing the Full Infinity Gauntlet, yet he is still capable of holding Captain Marvel back. Carol overpowered Thanos only when he was weakened.

No Caption Provided

The Full Infinity Gauntlet is channeling a continental energy radiation. It physically affects the user a lot.

Hulk has been in huge pain. And he was physically very weakened when he first wore the Full Infinity Gauntlet, the same happened to Thanos since he was absorbing the energy.

This is a power that killed Nanotech Iron man who survived a direct meteorite crash, and it would kill Prime Thor, and they don't even sure Carol could survive it or not;

Question: ''Why Iron Man has to be the one to do the final snap, couldn't the people like Thor, Star-Lord or Captain Marvel whom all previously have handled the power of Infinity Stones done it instead?''

Joe Russo: ''Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once.''

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanos overpowered Captain Marvel, while he was burned and physically weakened by two snaps. Now, moving on the final battle;

The last evidence is here, Thanos overpowered her with only one hand and threw her away. It took multiple seconds to recovery from the throw.

Thanos > Carol in raw physicals and durability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: destroying the accuser ship isn’t a striking feat per say just like Thor flying through one of Thanos’s outrider ships isn’t. I don’t recall the other feat you mentioned

Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: I am going to go backwards here. First off the throw is not a feat. He used her momentum to throw her away. She was literally suspended air born reaching for the gauntlet and Thanos threw her with all his strength. Next I have already countered the barn scene. And furthermore the Russos never explicitly stated CM was weaker than Hulk infact they have hyped her up as the most powerful avenger statement wise you are outmatched. Secondly Thanos was not taking continental levels of energy. In endgame he wasn't even in pain. Just putting the gauntlet on doesn't instantly kill you or even do that much damage at first. And furthermore Hulk actively tried to use the gauntlet. Thanos did not. Actively using the gauntlet is what causes that level of power Thanos was not actively using the gauntlet and as such was not experiencing the energy of the gauntlet at full force if at all. Secondly CM glowing more is not true lol. She looks the same as she always does when she fights. CM always glows when she fights she glew a lot more at the finale of her own movie. And she pulled back on the bullrush that she did to him. Thanos was explicitly overpowered by CM. It has been stated he needed the powerstone to win. She no sold his headbutt. She bruised his face. CM is physically more durable and stronger than Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: destroying the accuser ship isn’t a striking feat per say just like Thor flying through one of Thanos’s outrider ships isn’t. I don’t recall the other feat you mentioned

Carol's striking feats are on par or even better than the ones that Clark has. She destroyed one of Ronan ships with extreme ease. One of the ships could no sell slamming into the ground at high speed and it mostly remained intact after this, plus she was also able to disintegrate a metal steel bridge, a feat that requires hundreds of tons.

Also, Thanos > Mjolnir > Hulk > Iron Man > Kurse > Thor > Captain Marvel in term of striking feats with only punches.

With bullrushes Carol = Hulk > Thor > Mjolnir.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broken bones easy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: I am going to go backwards here. First off the throw is not a feat. He used her momentum to throw her away. She was literally suspended air born reaching for the gauntlet and Thanos threw her with all his strength. Next I have already countered the barn scene. And furthermore the Russos never explicitly stated CM was weaker than Hulk infact they have hyped her up as the most powerful avenger statement wise you are outmatched. Secondly Thanos was not taking continental levels of energy. In endgame he wasn't even in pain. Just putting the gauntlet on doesn't instantly kill you or even do that much damage at first. And furthermore Hulk actively tried to use the gauntlet. Thanos did not. Actively using the gauntlet is what causes that level of power Thanos was not actively using the gauntlet and as such was not experiencing the energy of the gauntlet at full force if at all. Secondly CM glowing more is not true lol. She looks the same as she always does when she fights. CM always glows when she fights she glew a lot more at the finale of her own movie. And she pulled back on the bullrush that she did to him. Thanos was explicitly overpowered by CM. It has been stated he needed the powerstone to win. She no sold his headbutt. She bruised his face. CM is physically more durable and stronger than Thanos.

I am willing to CAV Carol vs Thanos if you are interested.

Anyways, moving on Russos said that Thanos has genius level intellect, and using Hulk as a benchmark not Thor or Carol which is a good thing to confirm that Hulk > Carol/Thor in physicals and durability. There is no coincidence that Hulk is brought up for the Snap, Punches and in term of Physicals right?

She still needed some seconds to recover from the throw plus Thanos was using only one hand due to having the IG. I mean, why she would be glowing more? Was she absorbing energy? Guidebook confirms she can and everytime she absorbs, she glows more.

Full IG channels a continent level energy, Tony said that, it's confirmed. And only Thanos and then Hulk could survive it (and Thor if he was in his prime IW).

It's not a matter of a theory, it's a fact;

Tony Stark : ''No, it's not just the fact that that glove's channeling enough energy to light-up a continent. I'm telling you, you're in no condition.''

Someone as durable as EG Thor, couldn't survive that level of energy. When he was in his IW he survived the star beam.

Question: ''Why Iron Man has to be the one to do the final snap, couldn't the people like Thor, Star-Lord or Captain Marvel whom all previously have handled the power of Infinity Stones done it instead?''

Joe Russo: ''Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once.''

- Q&A from China 30/04/2019

Not even Carol could certainly do it, who can take a city level bombardment from Sanctuary II without getting any damage and she can travel through space, and they say even she may not survive the full continental radiation of the gauntlet.

It pretty much confirms Thanos = Hulk > Thor / Carol.

I do not see any damage during the farm scene but I can see that Carol was getting overpowered and pulled off by a weakened Thanos. If she was physically far stronger, why did that happen? I mean, I do not think that she was holding back with him.

Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: They used Hulk because he is a household name. Captain Marvel is not. And she recovered from the throw the second her momentum stopped. Thanos threw her far away she recovered instantly it's just she had a lot of momentum. And calling the IG snap continental is ridiculous. Thanos is not continental no where close in durability. That is either a massive outlier or hyperbole. And Thor wasn't in the right mindset to do the snap. And once again the said not sure. I for one am one hundred percent sure she could survive the snap. And she wasn't overpowered in the barn scene. You don't seem to understand my argument for the scene. CM never tried to overpower Thanos' arm all she did was set it up so Hulkbuster could grab it. If she wanted to overpower his arm she could. We see her overpower Thanos clearly in the final battle. And in durability she no sold his hit, survived the missile explosion unscathed, and she no sold sanctuary 2. Even in the way the movie set her up points to her being the more powerful of the two. Narratively CM is considered the strongest avenger and it shows in the way the action involving her is filmed. CM is physically stronger, and more durable then Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement:

Her bull rushing through the ship isn’t a raw striking feat tho and it’s smth both Thor and Clark replicated, Clark destroyed the Black Zero while being weakened and pulverized by its beam, black zero ranked reentry and caved in a mountain so nah homie. He also knocked Doomsday across a battlefield, Carol couldn’t even take Thanos off balance.

Her destroying the bridge again isn’t that impressive considering she uses her binary abilities to amplify the blow and it absolutely nothing compared to Thor with Mjolnir amped by Lightning.

By feats Thor + Mjolnir > everyone even with bullrushes, through scaling sure Thanos and Thor + Stormbreaker should be above. Carol and Hulk aren’t, now without Mjolnir and with bullrushes then yeah Thanos > Hulk = Carol > Thor in just pure striking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: They used Hulk because he is a household name. Captain Marvel is not. And she recovered from the throw the second her momentum stopped. Thanos threw her far away she recovered instantly it's just she had a lot of momentum. And calling the IG snap continental is ridiculous. Thanos is not continental no where close in durability. That is either a massive outlier or hyperbole. And Thor wasn't in the right mindset to do the snap. And once again the said not sure. I for one am one hundred percent sure she could survive the snap. And she wasn't overpowered in the barn scene. You don't seem to understand my argument for the scene. CM never tried to overpower Thanos' arm all she did was set it up so Hulkbuster could grab it. If she wanted to overpower his arm she could. We see her overpower Thanos clearly in the final battle. And in durability she no sold his hit, survived the missile explosion unscathed, and she no sold sanctuary 2. Even in the way the movie set her up points to her being the more powerful of the two. Narratively CM is considered the strongest avenger and it shows in the way the action involving her is filmed. CM is physically stronger, and more durable then Thanos.

How it is ridiculous? The snap was able to light up and burn a continent and it was stated by Tony Stark, a genius and a reliable source in the MCU.

Directors stated that Hulk and Thanos can and they are the only one strong enough to do it so we have 2 instances that confirms Thanos / Hulk > Carol / Thor.

Well, If Hulk was only there because of his history. Why he did perform better durability feats on screen? Besides the headbutt (that has context) Carol has no durability on par with the one I have shown for Hulk.

No proof that Carol was holding back here, we clearly see she was pissed off. They claimed she would be one of the most powerful Avengers if not the most powerful but now it has been changed to Wanda. Also, in physicals it always have been Hulk.

Are you interested in a CAV about this? I think it can be good since there are a lot of people who believe Carol wins and a lot of people who believe Thanos wins.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hits from similarly powerful characters did nothing but move him, so I imagine the same can happen here.

INB4 Mountain Level World Engine scaling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement:

Her bull rushing through the ship isn’t a raw striking feat tho and it’s smth both Thor and Clark replicated, Clark destroyed the Black Zero while being weakened and pulverized by its beam, black zero ranked reentry and caved in a mountain so nah homie. He also knocked Doomsday across a battlefield, Carol couldn’t even take Thanos off balance.

Her destroying the bridge again isn’t that impressive considering she uses her binary abilities to amplify the blow and it absolutely nothing compared to Thor with Mjolnir amped by Lightning.

By feats Thor + Mjolnir > everyone even with bullrushes, through scaling sure Thanos and Thor + Stormbreaker should be above. Carol and Hulk aren’t, now without Mjolnir and with bullrushes then yeah Thanos > Hulk = Carol > Thor in just pure striking.

I agree with everything here.

Only thing is that I disagree is about Hulk. I think Hulk has very impressive striking feats.

Glacier, Surtur's punch, Glacier punch, Leviathan punch, Denting Vibranium, Making a powerful shockwave with Hulkbuster, Shaking the entire city block with his punches and one shooting a replacement part of an Hulkbuster's suit are very impressive feats.

He also bloodied Thor in one hit when he was bloodlusted, we know that in reality Thor was KOd in Ragnarok. Scripts confirms it and it confirms Hulk was holding back there.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KOed. or on the verge of KO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly he would be lucky to be alive.

As for people saying he no sells... sigh!!

good day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monamager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Monamager
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

No Caption Provided

Seriously, source?

Her ability to absorb blunt force damage would definitely be interesting against Thanos, Superman, etc.

Alangalicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Diana can tanking it...So thanos should can.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

No Caption Provided

Seriously, source?

Her ability to absorb blunt force damage would definitely be interesting against Thanos, Superman, etc.

That would be energy absorbing. She absorbed something that can destroy Leviathans but she has not shown feats that allows her to absorb hits from Hulk or Doomsday.

Not even DD absorbs physicals hits. Blunt force =\= kinetic energy of energy attacks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: @chaoselement:

I will have to ask where the source came from again on discord but we pinned the statements.

This is the EG one :

----

“[Digitally] we kept her head. Her hair is CG and her body becomes CG as well. And that’s true for the other shots, like the Iron Man shots where we’re sort of keeping the actor’s head and then replacing everything else just to give you the fit of the suit and better action.”The character is at the height of her powers at this point, absorbing the railgun fire from Thanos' H-ship , so Earl was happy to have the other film being worked on just down the hall."

-----

Heres one from her Solo movie stating similar:

-----

"For the finale of this sequence we see Carol chose to stand and fight; her fists charging up with energy as she withstands the force of an energy blast from the Supreme Intelligence and the Chamber begins to warp and collapse.

The hand energy look was a set-up developed by Trixter which we adapted for the needs of this sequence. As Carol fights, this energy grows along her forearm to represent her building towards ‘going Binary’. The Binary FX was developed by ILM so similarly, we adapted their set-up to add the flaming energy to her forearm in our shots.

For the SI blast, FX lead Matt Ebb worked closely with compositor Matthew Wynne to design and simulate a wide range of elements that were combined in various ways to explore what this blast could look like. Chris was keen on the beam being a combination of refractive energy that could bend and distort the space like a fluid but was more aggressive like a directed air-blast.

When the beam hits Carol, we see her absorb some of the energy and deflect parts of it around her like a corona. To achieve this effect, we carefully rotomated Brie’s performance for each of these shots and simulated fluid energy elements to run across her body from the blast impact point. We then rendered the digital double with this interactive light on, so that the comp team could combine both the SI blast and interactive energy on her costume with the live action performance."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

Language is a bit vague. Absorbing in this instance could just mean the shots doing nothing to her, with her sponging up hits since she’s at her peak power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

Language is a bit vague. Absorbing in this instance could just mean the shots doing nothing to her, with her sponging up hits since she’s at her peak power.

Loading Video...

-2:13-

She absorbed energy from that reactor. There is also an MCU guidebook which confirms she can absorb energy.

I mean this is more known than Thanos being = Hulk.

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at people seriously saying Thanos no-sells. Thanos got staggered by Spider-Man's kicks on Titan.

Using that logic, Spider-Man is stronger and hits harder than Superman...

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Honestly he would be lucky to be alive.

As for people saying he no sells... sigh!!

good day

If he can take a dozen hits from Hulk, why can't he take a single punch from Superman?