This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for pooty
#201 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: Thor didn't have the upper hand against Thanos. It was literally back and forth. WM Thor has no feats compared to the Thor Thanos fought. So Hulk holding down WM Thor doesn't mean much. In Infinity Thanos was using brute force. Not tech or intelligence. He was simply beating ass. He casually repelled a rampaging Hulk. I know it didn't hurt Hulk but Thanos wasn't trying. Hulk has not shown he can hurt Thanos either. Still, In a purely physical fight, I agree hulk wins after a very very long fight.

@kute: The OP says the planet is indestructible.

@stl9997: Groot was never knocking Thanos around.

Avatar image for yodaprime
#202 Edited by YodaPrime (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

H2H only, this version of Hulk has a pretty good shot. i'll give him the majority. high-diff

Avatar image for 20damon
#203 Edited by 20damon (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@20damon: Thor didn't have the upper hand against Thanos. It was literally back and forth. WM Thor has no feats compared to the Thor Thanos fought. So Hulk holding down WM Thor doesn't mean much. In Infinity Thanos was using brute force. Not tech or intelligence. He was simply beating ass. He casually repelled a rampaging Hulk. I know it didn't hurt Hulk but Thanos wasn't trying. Hulk has not shown he can hurt Thanos either. Still, In a purely physical fight, I agree hulk wins after a very very long fight.

@kute: The OP says the planet is indestructible.

@stl9997: Groot was never knocking Thanos around.

I agree, the previous versions of Hulk have not shown to be able to hurt Thanos either. It just irritates me a little that people keep using Worldbreaker instead of WWH in fights. Worldbreaker is a ridiculous version of Hulk and i -think- i can safely say he is not meant to be the norm for Hulk, it is his ultimate power form and could be argued to be nothing short than destruction incarnate. I don't even like using him since he can't even fight on planets that are not indestructible and kills his allies as well as his enemies just by doing his thing. I wish we'd see more arguing with WWH since Wordlbreaker is a retarded version, power wise.

Avatar image for pooty
#204 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: You are probably right. That is why he is rarely used in comics

Avatar image for khianrobinson123-456
#205 Posted by khianrobinson123-456 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter what Thanos dishes out, it will either not hurt World Breaker hulk or it will make him even stronger. He can still get stronger even if he is in World Breaker mode because there is no limit to his rage as he is rage incarnate. Also, it has been stated by many people, such as The Beyonder, that there is no finite limit to The Hulk's strength. The World Breaker wins this.

Avatar image for traskindustries
#206 Posted by traskindustries (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter what Thanos dishes out, it will either not hurt World Breaker hulk or it will make him even stronger. He can still get stronger even if he is in World Breaker mode because there is no limit to his rage as he is rage incarnate. Also, it has been stated by many people, such as The Beyonder, that there is no finite limit to The Hulk's strength. The World Breaker wins this.

Thanos would OHKO WB Hulk m8

Avatar image for nighthunder
#207 Posted by NighThunder (7725 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for iknowwhoyouare
#208 Posted by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

World Breaker Hulk stomps in H2H

Avatar image for kevinconnor
#209 Posted by KevinConnor (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for thedailybagel
#211 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: they aren't his best feats. The guy was around for years afterwards.

Avatar image for thedailybagel
#212 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

Avatar image for toptiergoat
#213 Posted by TopTierGoat (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos lays his pimp hand down yet again.

Avatar image for apex_pretador
#214 Posted by APEX_pretador (21026 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: yes i know, but he does have great feats, unlike WBH, whose level we don't even know.

Avatar image for thedailybagel
#215 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: world breaker hulk smashed a planet and cracked its two moons just by colliding with red she hulk...

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
#216 Posted by The_Caped_Crusader (10533 posts) - - Show Bio

WBH.

Avatar image for fallingcliffs
#217 Posted by Fallingcliffs (5727 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy...lol

Avatar image for thetrauminator
#218 Posted by THETRAUMINATOR (680 posts) - - Show Bio

if it's a fist fight...Wbh should win

Avatar image for 98115
#219 Edited by 98115 (1748 posts) - - Show Bio

in just h2h without any shields hulk can win

Avatar image for tparks
#220 Edited by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

In H2H, Hulk wins every time. Even lesser versions of Hulk could win in H2H. Not his weakest versions, but other Hulk versions that are high level, but still not World Breaker could beat Thanos hand to hand.

Avatar image for breakingthrones
#221 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:
@pooty said:

@20damon: Thor didn't have the upper hand against Thanos. It was literally back and forth. WM Thor has no feats compared to the Thor Thanos fought. So Hulk holding down WM Thor doesn't mean much. In Infinity Thanos was using brute force. Not tech or intelligence. He was simply beating ass. He casually repelled a rampaging Hulk. I know it didn't hurt Hulk but Thanos wasn't trying. Hulk has not shown he can hurt Thanos either. Still, In a purely physical fight, I agree hulk wins after a very very long fight.

@kute: The OP says the planet is indestructible.

@stl9997: Groot was never knocking Thanos around.

I agree, the previous versions of Hulk have not shown to be able to hurt Thanos either. It just irritates me a little that people keep using Worldbreaker instead of WWH in fights. Worldbreaker is a ridiculous version of Hulk and i -think- i can safely say he is not meant to be the norm for Hulk, it is his ultimate power form and could be argued to be nothing short than destruction incarnate. I don't even like using him since he can't even fight on planets that are not indestructible and kills his allies as well as his enemies just by doing his thing. I wish we'd see more arguing with WWH since Wordlbreaker is a retarded version, power wise.

I agree with this thoroughly. World breaker is such an over powered, ridiculous version that people feel tempted to put up against herald or even sky father level characters.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
#222 Posted by Super_Sayian_Beyonder (1861 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

Avatar image for projectorigin
#223 Posted by ProjectOrigin (91 posts) - - Show Bio

For me I have to go with Hulk. He will continue to get angry and will certainly surpass Thanos.

Avatar image for willpayton
#224 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

For me I have to go with Hulk. He will continue to get angry and will certainly surpass Thanos.

There's no evidence that Hulk can get any more powerful or angrier than WB.

Avatar image for blackstaroblivion
#225 Posted by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay.

Feats for WB Hulk that show he is somehow superior to Thanos?

If not, we're done here.

Thanos destroys WB Hulk. End of story.

Avatar image for cubex
#226 Posted by CubeX (375 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thanos goes all out from the start it's a stomp

Avatar image for iknowwhoyouare
#227 Posted by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for cubex
#228 Posted by CubeX (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@iknowwhoyouare

Yes, if Thanos goes all out from the start and keeps pummeling WBH face to the ground it's a stomp.

Avatar image for pipxeroth
#229 Posted by Pipxeroth (9307 posts) - - Show Bio

WBH for the large majority in hand to hand.

Avatar image for iknowwhoyouare
#230 Posted by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@cubex: Pummel World Breaker Hulk to the ground in physical fight? You're not serious are you?

Avatar image for cubex
#231 Posted by CubeX (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@iknowwhoyouare

WBH's greatest feat is destroying planet with punch, am I wrong?

Avatar image for pipxeroth
#232 Posted by Pipxeroth (9307 posts) - - Show Bio

@cubex: WBH punching Red She Hulk destroyed the planet they were on and cracked the two nearby moons.

Avatar image for iknowwhoyouare
#233 Posted by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@cubex: With a thunder-clap.

He has sunk the eastern seaboard of the United States with just a small step while holding carefully back.

Avatar image for flyingcliffs
#234 Posted by Flyingcliffs (882 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for cubex
#235 Posted by CubeX (375 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for 20damon
#236 Posted by 20damon (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

@cubex: I'm not following, showing an energy based scan form a fight Thanos lost is supposed to prove what exactly?

Avatar image for cubex
#237 Posted by CubeX (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Prove that Thanos have taken blast from galaxy buster without breaking a sweat

Avatar image for kute
#238 Posted by Kute (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

no selling odin is an extreme feat, but not sure what that matters here. idk probably wbh in pure h2h. i don't think we know enough about the limits of either though. especially wbh. extreme amps are fun, i wish marvel had elaborated a bit on his power

Avatar image for michaeljulius
#239 Edited by MichaelJulius (715 posts) - - Show Bio

What World Breaker Hulk did to an asteroid required actual effort and intent. Where as planets/moons simply erupted into balls of fire and rubble when Thanos and Drax battled in space far from their surfaces. Quite obvious that Thanos is leagues beyond WBH.

Avatar image for greenscar1990
#240 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

World-Breaker Hulk.

Thanos would get annihilated in a straight up confrontation. In other words, the Mad Titan would get the hell out of there in a hurry.

Avatar image for pipxeroth
#241 Posted by Pipxeroth (9307 posts) - - Show Bio

What World Breaker Hulk did to an asteroid required actual effort and intent. Where as planets/moons simply erupted into balls of fire and rubble when Thanos and Drax battled in space far from their surfaces. Quite obvious that Thanos is leagues beyond WBH.

What?

You're thinking of Grey Hulk who destroyed the asteroid twice the size of Earth, who is one of the weakest Hulks. WBH is the strongest Hulk. They're not even close.

Avatar image for thegrayghost
#242 Edited by TheGrayGhost (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos easily

Avatar image for 20damon
#243 Posted by 20damon (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos didn't no sell hits from Odin, he lost quite convincingly. And their fight was pretty much entirely energy based attacks with shields etc. Not putting down Thanos' durability, which is off the charts, but he would lose in h2h with Worldbreaker but win in a fight that was no holds barred. He's too smart to go h2h with this version of Hulk.

Avatar image for mrhamwallet
#244 Edited by MrHamWallet (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

In a fight with all abilities Thanos easily stomps, in purely h2h it's closer but I'd still say Thanos, his durability & strength are at least comparable (I'd say greater), his intelligence wins it for me.

Avatar image for thedailybagel
#245 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@michaeljulius: world breaker hulk never touched an asteroid, that was grey hulk. World breaker hulk broke a planet and cracked it's two moons by colliding with red she hulk and was have a great time whikst doing it.

Avatar image for blackstaroblivion
#246 Edited by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for iknowwhoyouare
#247 Posted by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackstaroblivion
#248 Edited by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth said:

WBH for the large majority in hand to hand.

Disagree.

Feats for WBH that say otherwise please.

@pipxeroth said:

@cubex: WBH punching Red She Hulk destroyed the planet they were on and cracked the two nearby moons.

Mm, no.

He was amped in his fight with RSH as was Red She Hulk. Unless you're trying to say WBH is amped in this fight? Because he's not.

@iknowwhoyouare said:

cubex:

With a thunder-clap.

He has sunk the eastern seaboard of the United States with just a small step while holding carefully back.

That is not even close to being true.

Two more steps like that Mr President....and we lose the eastern seaboard
Two more steps like that Mr President....and we lose the eastern seaboard

And....sinking the eastern seaboard is hardly planetary level.

@20damon said:

cubex: I'm not following, showing an energy based scan form a fight Thanos lost is supposed to prove what exactly?

You're joking with this response right?

Let's let scans answer your question:

Here is an AoE energy strike from the Surfer that destroyed the planet he and Ravenous we're fighting on.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gladiator, likewise....destroyed a planet....with his bare fists....

No Caption Provided

I suppose the real question is: if an energy strike does the same damage to a planet that fists do....then why would energy strikes from Odin against Thanos not be relevant to this discussion?

In point of fact, Odin one shotted Drax who gets top marks for durability:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He one shotted the Silver Surfer, who also gets top marks for durability:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, Odin turns his full attention to Thanos:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Odin takes a shot at Thanos after he's already one shotted the Surfer and Drax. Doing the same to Thanos....Thanos immediately retaliates, no worse for the wear....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Above, Odin begins to realize....Thanos is no ordinary foe, indeed he refers to him as a worthy opponent. High praise from Odin who shatters galaxies and the felt effects are on all levels of reality.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The conflagration threatens to destroy Asgard....

Below, Odin breaks out Gungnir.....and lays it on....

Notice in the scan below, right....Odin thinks he's got this fight won....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does he?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided

So yeah....I don't see WBH doing much to Thanos.

Avatar image for citizensentry
#249 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@iknowwhoyouare said:

World Breaker Hulk stomps in H2H

No. Hulk wins, but there is no way in Hell that WBH stomps.

Thanos has taken on Odin before...and pissed Odin off because he wouldn't go down.

EDIT: The only Hulk that could definitely stomp Thanos is SPH.

Avatar image for blackstaroblivion
#250 Posted by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

No you didn't otherwise you'd realize this is H2H.

I'm fully aware of that.

Feats to support your notion.

iknowwhoyouare said:

World Breaker Hulk stomps in H2H

No. Hulk wins, but there is no way in Hell that WBH stomps.

Thanos has taken on Odin before...and pissed Odin off because he wouldn't go down.

How does Hulk win?