This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge said:

@aftershafter said:

@juzacloud said:

WB Hulk>>>>BlackBolt scream that did considerable damage Thanos

WBH makes Thanos knees buckle and take a long ride down memory lane

That was actually just a whisper, and it knocked Hulk on his ass. Thanos sat there holding BB point blank and let him - LET him - unload.

Hulk gets 1/10... And the 1 is when Thanos has a scheme that involves him losing to Hulk to further his ends.

A whisper that pushed him back and made him ask for more LITERALLY, the whispers skrull BB did tore a chunk on the Moon the size of Rhode island, the one BB did against Thanos destroyed a small city and left him bleeding and buried and every other whisper was at least half the power of that one. Cherry picking feats is not gonna prove your point.

Just checked the comic again to make sure I was remembering it correctly. Sure enough, it happened exactly as I remember it... Black Bolt whispered, knocked WWH on his ass, then turns around and starts walking off - only to have the Hulk come up behind him and say "I didn't come here to hear you whisper... I wanna hear you SCREAM!" - not to mention his armor is cracked, and his nose is bleeding - from a whisper. During this frame, the Hulk is already reaching for a surprised Black Bolt. Whatever happens after that is off panel.

Now, this is comic vine - where feats matter, not proclamations. If they did, every time a villain proclaimed "I am the mightiest force in the universe now!" could be treated as a feat, but that would be just inane. We don't know what happened off panel, so treating it as if he took *nearly* the type of punishment Thanos was shown to willingly take is just idle speculation and simply not credible.

What we DO know from the WWH storyline is that Hulk is willing to be devious to beat opponents he wasn't sure he could take, as long as it serves his ends. He didn't actually face and beat Juggernaut - he cleverly redirected his momentum and let him fly away, and then Hulk left. He didn't face Dr.Strange in an up-and-up spells VS muscles match - he cleverly, and knowing Strange would probably warp him to clean Agmatttators buttcrack if they did fight - lured him into a false sense of security and then broke his hands. Hulk engaged in multiple fights he might not have been able to win and used clever tactics to win them.

So, when Hulk manages to sneak up behind BB in this brief encounter and then it goes off panel, do we assume "ZOMG HE HAD BLACKBOLT SING A WHOLE BLACK SABBATH ALBUM AT HIM AND THEN, AFTER TAKING NO DAMAGE, HE FLICKED BB AND THAT KNOCKED HIM OUT!"? Maybe - but again, that's idle speculation and simply not credible. Rather, we could look later in the arc and say "Hey, Hulk is clever - he got BB, a character he knows is restrained by nature, to whisper at him, which he knew he could survive... Then he essentially jumped him as BB walked off thinking Hulk defeated." For all we know, after that panel, Hulk punched BB before he could react and - fight over. The next time we see BB? He has a sheet of metal over his mouth preventing him for making any noise whatsoever.

The end result? We saw Thanos willingly take *far* more of BB's voice than Hulk did, and he did it with the composure to keep asking BB questions. What's more, Hulk was already bleeding out the nose after that one whisper - do we know what would happen to him if he took what Thanos did? Also, you say "he literally asked for more"... Not necessarily. He literally told BB, someone he had a deep seated hatred for, that he wanted to hear him scream - while he was busy jumping him from behind. We in NO way know that he sit there - like Thanos did - and let BB scream at him. Actually, jumping him from behind kind of suggests that it was another clever tactic to avoid a straight out fight like he did to Jugs and Strange - wouldn't you agree?

Thanos has long hung in areas far above Hulk's league. I stick to my original statement - 1/10 for Hulk, and that 1 is when it suits his purposes to lose for the sake of one of his schemes.

And lastly, I didn't cherry pick anything. I responded to a claim someone else made and had presented inaccurately.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsBlackBolt10.jpg

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#102 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge said:

@aftershafter said:

@juzacloud said:

That was actually just a whisper, and it knocked Hulk on his ass. Thanos sat there holding BB point blank and let him - LET him - unload.

Hulk gets 1/10... And the 1 is when Thanos has a scheme that involves him losing to Hulk to further his ends.

A whisper that pushed him back and made him ask for more LITERALLY, the whispers skrull BB did tore a chunk on the Moon the size of Rhode island, the one BB did against Thanos destroyed a small city and left him bleeding and buried and every other whisper was at least half the power of that one. Cherry picking feats is not gonna prove your point.

Just checked the comic again to make sure I was remembering it correctly. Sure enough, it happened exactly as I remember it... Black Bolt whispered, knocked WWH on his ass, then turns around and starts walking off - only to have the Hulk come up behind him and say "I didn't come here to hear you whisper... I wanna hear you SCREAM!" - not to mention his armor is cracked, and his nose is bleeding - from a whisper. During this frame, the Hulk is already reaching for a surprised Black Bolt. Whatever happens after that is off panel.

Now, this is comic vine - where feats matter, not proclamations. If they did, every time a villain proclaimed "I am the mightiest force in the universe now!" could be treated as a feat, but that would be just inane. We don't know what happened off panel, so treating it as if he took *nearly* the type of punishment Thanos was shown to willingly take is just idle speculation and simply not credible.

What we DO know from the WWH storyline is that Hulk is willing to be devious to beat opponents he wasn't sure he could take, as long as it serves his ends. He didn't actually face and beat Juggernaut - he cleverly redirected his momentum and let him fly away, and then Hulk left. He didn't face Dr.Strange in an up-and-up spells VS muscles match - he cleverly, and knowing Strange would probably warp him to clean Agmatttators buttcrack if they did fight - lured him into a false sense of security and then broke his hands. Hulk engaged in multiple fights he might not have been able to win and used clever tactics to win them.

So, when Hulk manages to sneak up behind BB in this brief encounter and then it goes off panel, do we assume "ZOMG HE HAD BLACKBOLT SING A WHOLE BLACK SABBATH ALBUM AT HIM AND THEN, AFTER TAKING NO DAMAGE, HE FLICKED BB AND THAT KNOCKED HIM OUT!"? Maybe - but again, that's idle speculation and simply not credible. Rather, we could look later in the arc and say "Hey, Hulk is clever - he got BB, a character he knows is restrained by nature, to whisper at him, which he knew he could survive... Then he essentially jumped him as BB walked off thinking Hulk defeated." For all we know, after that panel, Hulk punched BB before he could react and - fight over. The next time we see BB? He has a sheet of metal over his mouth preventing him for making any noise whatsoever.

The end result? We saw Thanos willingly take *far* more of BB's voice than Hulk did, and he did it with the composure to keep asking BB questions. What's more, Hulk was already bleeding out the nose after that one whisper - do we know what would happen to him if he took what Thanos did? Also, you say "he literally asked for more"... Not necessarily. He literally told BB, someone he had a deep seated hatred for, that he wanted to hear him scream - while he was busy jumping him from behind. We in NO way know that he sit there - like Thanos did - and let BB scream at him. Actually, jumping him from behind kind of suggests that it was another clever tactic to avoid a straight out fight like he did to Jugs and Strange - wouldn't you agree?

Thanos has long hung in areas far above Hulk's league. I stick to my original statement - 1/10 for Hulk, and that 1 is when it suits his purposes to lose for the sake of one of his schemes.

And lastly, I didn't cherry pick anything. I responded to a claim someone else made and had presented inaccurately.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsBlackBolt10.jpg

And the cherry picking begins.... Let's get some things straight shall we?

BB whispered and knocked Hulk on his ass and it did nothing but provoke the Hulk even more? His armor is just armor it's not a part of him it's not like having your shirt ripped in a fight equals you having your ass handed to you. He got lots of nose bleeds in WWH, some from opponents much weaker then BB like the Thing or Jen Walters it doesn't really affect him in any real way. Hulk announced himself to BB and unless BB has the rection time of a dead walrus nothing stops him from just opening his mouth again. Whatever happend off panel does not change the fact that WWH beat him into a bloody pulp despite the fact that BB let out a scream that destroyed the chunk of a Moon the size of Rhode Island. A feat that eclipses anything BB did against Thanos, FACT.

It's a devious tactic because he let someone who he did not come to fight BFR themselves from the field? Now let me walk you through a few things. What was World War Hulk about? Hulk getting revenge on those who shot him into space and what he thought where also the people that caused the death of his wife and child. Who are those people? Iron Man, Strange, Reed and BLACK BOLT. Juggernaut was off not concern for the Hulk he came for Xavier who he later decided to leave alone. Juggernaut was just an obstacle he even said to Wolvernine that this is not about their fight, not about their old sparring and rivalry he came here with a mission. Taking BB was part of that mission. So unless you have any proof that Hulk did anything "devious" to BB, don't try to twist things and strawman the argument. Nothing indicates Hulk didn't beat the crap out of BB in a physical fight in fact that was pretty clear to anyone with any kind of cognitive abilities.

I like how you say "sneak up" behind BB even though he started speaking before he was even close to him and actually jumped at him like a freight train. I guess this

No Caption Provided

in some strange parts of the universe considered as sneaking. No but i guess we assume "ZOMFG HULK MUST HAVE DONE SOME DEVIOUS THING AND CONVINCED BB THAT SOMEHOW SINGING JUSTIN BIEBERS - BABY BABY, HE WOULD KILL HULK BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT BACKFIRED AND BB KNOCKED HIMSELF OUT, BECAUSE DEVIOUS." If Hulk just jumped at him after he got knocked back and KO'd BB, how do you explain the fact that BB destroyed a chunk of the Moon the size of Rhode Island in his fight with the Hulk?

No we didn't unless you want to tell me that Attilan is bigger then Rhode Island. Well presumably since Hulk took on a way more powerful scream by sheer destruction alone i guess a nose bleed would be the worst thing that would happen to him. Yes necessarily, i mean what else would produce a blast that size. Because he jumped at him is indicative of him using a clever tactic? Wha..? Also i thought he was "sneaking" behind him? I mean that's what you said. And please stop overplaing the Thanos thing, Thanos neither willingly stood there taking screams from BB, he shut him up and he only wanted the location of his son. And he looked terrible from the first scream, while every other scream after that was severely weakened because of the Terrigen bomb.

We are not talking about a Thanos with his full powerset and arsenal at disposal, this is purely H2H and unless you can bring me physicals that can convince me Thanos has more strength, has the ability to knock out Hulk with a punch or can tank those punches himself i am gonna stick with Hulk taking a solid majority over him. This whole thread is actually a pure excuse for a VS match it's a bunch of people all just saying Hulk wins or Thanos wins without any evidence to back it up and since you so strongly and confidently think Thanos can so easily beat the Hulk, why not back it up? Why don't the 2 of us actually bring some actual debate to this thread and use some scans? Even though i know all the scans you can use to support Thanos in H2H fight over Hulk that i can counter it would be still fun to show you just how wrong you can be. I mean it's kinda funny because Jim Starlin in one of his recent interviews commented that Thanos would actually be wary of Hulks own strength, something he also mentioned in one of the comics he made some time ago and he was talking about regular old Savage Hulk, but i presume you know better so i really wanna see how far do your delusions reach.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#103 Edited by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

when two noobs collide^^^

#104 Posted by Thedailybagel (12726 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: i believe he stopped fighting juggs because they were bringing down the mansion and there were tons of x-men inside, at least that's what I gathered from reading it.

#105 Posted by Namor_Curry (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mad Titan, more than likely.

#106 Posted by JuzaCloud (3416 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: i believe he stopped fighting juggs because they were bringing down the mansion and there were tons of x-men inside, at least that's what I gathered from reading it.

If I remember correctly Hulk told Juggs that he didn't have time to fight him because it would take all day and he had more important things to do.

#107 Posted by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Atheistknowledge,

I'm going to leave you with one thing to chew on.

"So unless you have any proof that Hulk did anything "devious" to BB, don't try to twist things and strawman the argument. Nothing indicates Hulk didn't beat the crap out of BB in a physical fight in fact that was pretty clear to anyone with any kind of cognitive abilities."

I am not the one using an off panel an all but undescribed battle as a durability feat while simultaneously asking the guy I'm arguing with to provide evidence, calling him delusional, arguing that it's a strawman, etc etc. Rather, I'm arguing that, under comicvine's standard, there hasn't been evidence provided that showing Hulk's durability rivals Thanos's. In the case in question, there is quite a reasonable argument that whatever happened off panel doesn't support Hulk's supposed durability at all. Thanos, there is no guess work - he took a scream, and all you are doing is idly speculating that Hulk did or could do the same. Before you demand I show evidence, provide some yourself.

You want to post scans proving Hulk's durability in the face of BB's screams, be my guest. I'll check back later to see whatever other names you've called me and what scans - yes, SCANS - showing Hulk's durability feat VS Blackbolt's scream. I'm not going to waste my time with a guy demanding I provide scans while he rants and raves about an off panel battle that is relatively undescribed as evidence of Hulk's respective durability compared Thanos. Clean up the name calling, show some actual evidence that trumps Thanos' durability feats (weathering Odin's blasts, weathering many of power gem Thor's shots, surviving black hole - Blackbolt's scream is actually bloody minor in Thanos's history) and we can talk.

#108 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenaughtytitan: And a third one watches from the side.

@thedailybagel More like Juggs wasn't his target, he did say he didn't have the time to fight him. I mean he could have ulterior motives we do know how protective he was of the innocent during WWH but from what we can solidly gather he wasn't about waste his time with Juggernaut.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#109 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by Hiddenlight (3749 posts) - - Show Bio
@aftershafter said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@aftershafter said:
@juzacloud said:

BB whispered and knocked Hulk on his ass and it did nothing but provoke the Hulk even more? His armor is just armor it's not a part of him it's not like having your shirt ripped in a fight equals you having your ass handed to you. He got lots of nose bleeds in WWH, some from opponents much weaker then BB like the Thing or Jen Walters it doesn't really affect him in any real way. Hulk announced himself to BB and unless BB has the rection time of a dead walrus nothing stops him from just opening his mouth again. Whatever happend off panel does not change the fact that WWH beat him into a bloody pulp despite the fact that BB let out a scream that destroyed the chunk of a Moon the size of Rhode Island. A feat that eclipses anything BB did against Thanos, FACT.

It's a devious tactic because he let someone who he did not come to fight BFR themselves from the field? Now let me walk you through a few things. What was World War Hulk about? Hulk getting revenge on those who shot him into space and what he thought where also the people that caused the death of his wife and child. Who are those people? Iron Man, Strange, Reed and BLACK BOLT. Juggernaut was off not concern for the Hulk he came for Xavier who he later decided to leave alone. Juggernaut was just an obstacle he even said to Wolvernine that this is not about their fight, not about their old sparring and rivalry he came here with a mission. Taking BB was part of that mission. So unless you have any proof that Hulk did anything "devious" to BB, don't try to twist things and strawman the argument. Nothing indicates Hulk didn't beat the crap out of BB in a physical fight in fact that was pretty clear to anyone with any kind of cognitive abilities.

I like how you say "sneak up" behind BB even though he started speaking before he was even close to him and actually jumped at him like a freight train. I guess this

No Caption Provided

in some strange parts of the universe considered as sneaking. No but i guess we assume "ZOMFG HULK MUST HAVE DONE SOME DEVIOUS THING AND CONVINCED BB THAT SOMEHOW SINGING JUSTIN BIEBERS - BABY BABY, HE WOULD KILL HULK BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT BACKFIRED AND BB KNOCKED HIMSELF OUT, BECAUSE DEVIOUS." If Hulk just jumped at him after he got knocked back and KO'd BB, how do you explain the fact that BB destroyed a chunk of the Moon the size of Rhode Island in his fight with the Hulk?

No we didn't unless you want to tell me that Attilan is bigger then Rhode Island. Well presumably since Hulk took on a way more powerful scream by sheer destruction alone i guess a nose bleed would be the worst thing that would happen to him. Yes necessarily, i mean what else would produce a blast that size. Because he jumped at him is indicative of him using a clever tactic? Wha..? Also i thought he was "sneaking" behind him? I mean that's what you said. And please stop overplaing the Thanos thing, Thanos neither willingly stood there taking screams from BB, he shut him up and he only wanted the location of his son. And he looked terrible from the first scream, while every other scream after that was severely weakened because of the Terrigen bomb.

We are not talking about a Thanos with his full powerset and arsenal at disposal, this is purely H2H and unless you can bring me physicals that can convince me Thanos has more strength, has the ability to knock out Hulk with a punch or can tank those punches himself i am gonna stick with Hulk taking a solid majority over him. This whole thread is actually a pure excuse for a VS match it's a bunch of people all just saying Hulk wins or Thanos wins without any evidence to back it up and since you so strongly and confidently think Thanos can so easily beat the Hulk, why not back it up? Why don't the 2 of us actually bring some actual debate to this thread and use some scans? Even though i know all the scans you can use to support Thanos in H2H fight over Hulk that i can counter it would be still fun to show you just how wrong you can be. I mean it's kinda funny because Jim Starlin in one of his recent interviews commented that Thanos would actually be wary of Hulks own strength, something he also mentioned in one of the comics he made some time ago and he was talking about regular old Savage Hulk, but i presume you know better so i really wanna see how far do your delusions reach.

That wasn't Black Bolt, that was a Skrull imposter, otherwise, World War Hulk would end too soon.

#111 Posted by Hiddenlight (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Atheistknowledge,

I'm going to leave you with one thing to chew on.

"So unless you have any proof that Hulk did anything "devious" to BB, don't try to twist things and strawman the argument. Nothing indicates Hulk didn't beat the crap out of BB in a physical fight in fact that was pretty clear to anyone with any kind of cognitive abilities."

I am not the one using an off panel an all but undescribed battle as a durability feat while simultaneously asking the guy I'm arguing with to provide evidence, calling him delusional, arguing that it's a strawman, etc etc. Rather, I'm arguing that, under comicvine's standard, there hasn't been evidence provided that showing Hulk's durability rivals Thanos's. In the case in question, there is quite a reasonable argument that whatever happened off panel doesn't support Hulk's supposed durability at all. Thanos, there is no guess work - he took a scream, and all you are doing is idly speculating that Hulk did or could do the same. Before you demand I show evidence, provide some yourself.

You want to post scans proving Hulk's durability in the face of BB's screams, be my guest. I'll check back later to see whatever other names you've called me and what scans - yes, SCANS - showing Hulk's durability feat VS Blackbolt's scream. I'm not going to waste my time with a guy demanding I provide scans while he rants and raves about an off panel battle that is relatively undescribed as evidence of Hulk's respective durability compared Thanos. Clean up the name calling, show some actual evidence that trumps Thanos' durability feats (weathering Odin's blasts, weathering many of power gem Thor's shots, surviving black hole - Blackbolt's scream is actually bloody minor in Thanos's history) and we can talk.

He only was hurted once during that entire fight, and was a focused full scream, the one that destroyed his armour and made him bleed a little bit, Black Bolt was heavily nerfed after that. And seeing that Black Bolt screams created rifts in 616 dimension with only sheer power, Thanos resisting that is one of his best feats, rivalling the best shots from Thor and the Silver Surfer (These two should win against Black Bolt, but there's a difference between overall power and power output, his screams are a pulse of ridiculous amounts of energy).

#112 Posted by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiddenlight:

Hidden,

I actually do believe that BB's scream trumps the raw damage output - in a single shot - of either SS or regular Thor, but does it trump power gem Thor, Odin's shots, or a black hole? My guess is no, but I'm not well versed on BB feats.

Also, was the tear in the universe as a result of raw power, or the nature of the power? Tears in the fabric of universes seem to happen as the result of a wide variety of reasons, some of which are raw power, some of which are due to the specific nature of the attack. I've seen Galactus shoot energy beams that didn't tear the fabric of reality, but far less powerful projectors have done so. Honest question - was it implied that the raw power of BB's scream is what tore the hole, or is it something to do with the odd, otherworldly nature of the attack?

I will revise my statement though - "bloody minor" is a bit much. It's probably top 20%, maybe top 10% of his durability feats.

#114 Posted by Hiddenlight (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiddenlight:

Hidden,

I actually do believe that BB's scream trumps the raw damage output - in a single shot - of either SS or regular Thor, but does it trump power gem Thor, Odin's shots, or a black hole? My guess is no, but I'm not well versed on BB feats.

Also, was the tear in the universe as a result of raw power, or the nature of the power? Tears in the fabric of universes seem to happen as the result of a wide variety of reasons, some of which are raw power, some of which are due to the specific nature of the attack. I've seen Galactus shoot energy beams that didn't tear the fabric of reality, but far less powerful projectors have done so. Honest question - was it implied that the raw power of BB's scream is what tore the hole, or is it something to do with the odd, otherworldly nature of the attack?

I will revise my statement though - "bloody minor" is a bit much. It's probably top 20%, maybe top 10% of his durability feats.

I don't believe that it trump Power Gem Thor or Odin shots, it's far from that. In the two instances that it happened it was mostly because of the nature of his power. His voice power doesn't come from soundwaves, it's a electron blast and affects bodies in molecular level. Reed Richards and Tony Stark tried an experiment with his voice and it created a rift in reality when they tried to contain it, but I believe that's because of the nature of his power being connected to the atoms that make our reality. The second time was when his voice entered in ressonance with the terrigen bomb and created a huge rift in space-time, but again, that was mostly because of the nature of his power. At full power, I don't believe he is a planet buster, his voice doesn't have huge impact force, is more like a energy blast, but a whisper from him into the ground awakened all the vulcans from a planet and have shaken the tectonic plates creating earthquakes from all kinds and with another whisper he made an abstract being shake. Still I think that that instance was one really great feat for Thanos and I can't say that if Hulk faced the true Black Bolt during World War Hulk he would do as well as Thanos, even a Skrull imposter hurted Hulk with nothing more than a whisper.

#115 Posted by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiddenlight:

Thanks Hidden, lots of knowledge in there.

Yeah, you know, I guess I could see Hulk taking this, but unless someone provides non-PIS durability feats, he's going to be fighting an opponent who is far more durable, has physically tangled with people who are likely far more powerful (Tyrant, power gem Thor), is probably tactically more clever (trained Gamora, centuries of being a pirate battle commander, outsmarting/out fighting elders of the universe) and has shown the ability to put down extremely tough opponents in just a few panels through raw power (SS immediately comes to mind). Without someone actually showing some beastly durability feats from Hulk, I'm guessing Thanos has the power to put him down, the cleverness and experience to make use of Hulk's weaknesses, and the durability to last *far* longer than Hulk.

Once someone provides some serious durability feats, I'll give Hulk more than 1/10. Until then, I think Hulk has bit off more than he can chew.

#116 Posted by Hiddenlight (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiddenlight:

Thanks Hidden, lots of knowledge in there.

Yeah, you know, I guess I could see Hulk taking this, but unless someone provides non-PIS durability feats, he's going to be fighting an opponent who is far more durable, has physically tangled with people who are likely far more powerful (Tyrant, power gem Thor), is probably tactically more clever (trained Gamora, centuries of being a pirate battle commander, outsmarting/out fighting elders of the universe) and has shown the ability to put down extremely tough opponents in just a few panels through raw power (SS immediately comes to mind). Without someone actually showing some beastly durability feats from Hulk, I'm guessing Thanos has the power to put him down, the cleverness and experience to make use of Hulk's weaknesses, and the durability to last *far* longer than Hulk.

Once someone provides some serious durability feats, I'll give Hulk more than 1/10. Until then, I think Hulk has bit off more than he can chew.

I would only give Hulk 1/10 if Thanos wanted to lose... And that's pretty common. Otherwise in most cases, Hulk would go down in a slugfest.

#117 Edited by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, pretty much my reasoning for 1/10 as well. Thanos has been known to fake his own death and whatnot, and you've got to assume he might see the advantage in having Hulk "beat" him at some point.

I wonder if Starlin intends to answer this question for us in the Hulk VS Thanos comic series that's in the works now. Even looking at the quote Atheist mentioned above, what Thanos says about Hulk is this:

"His strength seems to grow in direct proportion to his anger. In many ways I assume this is what it would be like battling the Terran behemoth, the Hulk. A conflict I've sought to avoid over the years."

Notice he doesn't at any point think he couldn't stomp Hulk, hard. Thanos is a creature of very complex motivations. When presented with Power Gem Thor, he knew he immediately had the means to end the fight - but, he challenged himself. Conversely, he has avoided facing down opponents he fully believed he could defeat by faking his own death (Silver Surfer around the start of the Infinity Gauntlet saga). Then he goes out and throws down with Odin and provokes Tyrant - just because he feels like it... And THAT guy is scared of The Hulk? Thanos has expressed concern over Adam Warlock as an adversary when it seemed unlikely that Adam had much of a chance against him in a standup fight. He has a very odd dynamic with a lot of characters, and it rarely comes down to a simple "I don't believe I could beat X, therefore I will avoid him" or "I can stomp Y, therefore I'll attack him." You've always got to look twice at what he says and does, questioning whether his motivation is what seems obvious, or something more complicated.

You really can't take what the guy says as straightforward. He obviously like to test himself, but his scheming nature leaves him avoiding many potential conflicts/tests because it doesn't suit his purposes at the time.

#118 Posted by Hiddenlight (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

@aftershafter: He doesn't want to be respect and feared, most of the time he is just doing his business and someone enter in his path. Against the Annihilators, despite stomping beings way above the Gladiator, he preferred to BFR at the start of the fight to avoid wasting his time against him for example. And I don't believe he is going to have a brawl with the Hulk in the new series, the writer is a huge fan of Thanos, he isn't making his baby look bad and don't want the anger of Hulk fans, they will probably work together against the Annihilus. But I have to say that their mental battle was cool.

#119 Posted by JuzaCloud (3416 posts) - - Show Bio

@aftershafter: Is there a release date for this Hulk vs Thanos comic series?

I'm calling it now, a lot of pissed off people will be on here after hulk thrashes thanos even a little bit lol

#120 Edited by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Juza, the first two are already out. No direct fight between them and there is a good chance Hidden is right in predicting that there might not be a direct battle between them.

And hey, it could well happen. Just doesn't seem consistent with past showings... But when is that something new to comics? (see picture) I try not to get too emotionally invested in seeing fictional characters handled by multiple writers win fights ;) If Thanos loses, it's just another piece of evidence on the pile for where he stands - because, frankly, I've seen him get beat badly before, and it will happen again.

#121 Edited by visemoon (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@aftershafter said:

@atheistknowledge said:

@aftershafter said:

@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

Ok, I'm kinda confused here…why are you 2 debating whether or not Hulk tanked Skrullbolt scream, when it is quite apparent that he did in did tanked it?

No Caption Provided

See…Skrullbolt screams and Hulk Tanked it. Or unless you two are comparing what which scream was more powerful. According to Ironman, Skrullbolt did this...

No Caption Provided

Skrullbolt knocked a divot to of the moon the size of Rhode Island. Rhode Island is 1200 square miles. Thats pretty dang impressive. What makes it even more impressive was Hulk was holding back the entire campaign. Now the scream that Thanos tanked, what kinda damage did it do to the surrounding area? Was it as destructive as the scream Hulk tanked? I would like to see a scan of it

#122 Edited by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon:

Vise, remembering that Comicvine doesn't consider off-panel events - ESPECIALLY ones that were never fully described - as evidence, can you show me a scan of Hulk tanking that scream? Also scans showing the type of damage that scream did to Hulk, if it hit him directly, or even hit him at all? Keep in mind, the one I posted earlier is BB whispering - the scream came after and, as far as I know, off panel.

#123 Posted by visemoon (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@aftershafter: I did in the 1st scan. SB screams...Hulk Tanks it. You can see the damage its doing to Hulk. Ironman was totally suprise Hulk tanked a scream that cause a 1200 sq mile chunk of rock into space

#124 Posted by Hiddenlight (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

@aftershafter: Is there a release date for this Hulk vs Thanos comic series?

I'm calling it now, a lot of pissed off people will be on here after hulk thrashes thanos even a little bit lol

It's ongoing. Hulk was stomped and was tortured in a mental battle against Thanos, Banner took the control and helped Hulk, they fought a little bit and Thanos gained the upper hand until Annihilus discovered that he hacked into the system. I'm pretty sure that they will not physically fight.

#125 Edited by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon:

Ah, so there is a scan. Surprised Atheist didn't bring it up earlier. Do you have scans of the after effects? Whether Hulk was hit full force by the blast, or whether he was blasted out of the way, a small object in front of a substantial wave of force? Do you have pictures of the damage it did or didn't do to Hulk?

#126 Edited by aftershafter (423 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Also, for frame of reference, the scans I'm talking about are ones like this, where it shows the character tanking the full blast. Being hit is one thing, being hit by the full blast is another. There is another picture of Thanos walking up the energy beam from Odin's spear, clearly taking the full hit, not having it glance off or him be blasted out of the way... Is there an equivalent scan for WBH? Is there a timeframe reference for how long the battle took - did Hulk just march up that scream and beat the crap out of BB, or did he get blasted back, regenerate, and return? Did he beat him standing and taking everything he had to offer, or was it another incident of him using clever tactics to win a fight during the WWH story arch? How much damage did the scream do, seeing as a whisper left him with a bleeding nose?

I need to see what this scream actually did to Hulk to compare it to what it did to Thanos. That's the point I'm getting at.

#127 Posted by Hiddenlight (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon:

Ah, so there is a scan. Surprised Atheist didn't bring it up earlier. Do you have scans of the after affects? Whether Hulk was hit full force by the blast, or whether he was blasted out of the way, a small object in front of a substantial wave of force? Do you have pictures of the damage it did or didn't do to Hulk?

Hulk tanked a scream from a fake Black Bolt, which is still really impressive, he was bleeding and desfigurated after that but he came back, after that, he fought again and resisted a full scream. Thanos resisted a full scream that completely destroyed Attilan and a huge piece of Manhattan Island, despite the city of the inhumans being isolated and floating above New York and the Explosion of the Terrigen Bomb point blank, that bomb sent a shockwave across the entire planet and Thanos was in the center of the explosion. I don't see the point in debating that, Hulk and Thanos have both way better feats than those, but for that comparison, Hulk never faced recently a full scream from the true Black Bolt, Thanos endured one full scream, the explosion of the Terrigen Bomb and 2 nerfed but concentrated full screams from the true Black Bolt.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#128 Posted by Emperorb777 (10969 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos takes it like a morning workout.

#129 Posted by Kokemabb200 (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

@juzacloud: That was against a Skrull imposter. Also, when the Srull used it against Hulk he was whispering. Hulk even said "I didn't come for a whisper, I came to hear you scream" but he clasped his mouth before he could do a stronger attack.

Black Bolt's scream >>>>>> WB Hulk

#130 Edited by visemoon (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiddenlight: thanks for the scans. Going by the two feats, Hulk tanking Skull bolt scream was more impressive. Creating a divot that is 1200 sq miles big is a hard feat to ignore in my opinion.

EDIT...And it was only one scream Skrull Bolt did ( the 1st was a whisper) the 2nd attack was the scream that cause the explosion. 2 pages later you see Hulk holding up a Bloody Skrull Bolt

#131 Posted by GodxDarkxOpal (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#132 Posted by visemoon (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@juzacloud: That was against a Skrull imposter. Also, when the Srull used it against Hulk he was whispering. Hulk even said "I didn't come for a whisper, I came to hear you scream" but he clasped his mouth before he could do a stronger attack.

Black Bolt's scream >>>>>> WB Hulk

I don't think Hulk put his hands over Skull bolt mouth after he said "I came to hear you scream"

#133 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

Avatar image for traskindustries
#134 Posted by traskindustries (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#135 Posted by JasonBourne_ (434 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe any incarnation of Hulk can defeat Thanos. He's a tier above Hulk in all aspects and let's not get started on the gauntlet.

#136 Posted by Fallingcliffs (5727 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the rules say initial KO, will go Thanos. But as far as longevity since Hulk gets stronger with time, would go him as far as eternal battle.

#137 Edited by Kokemabb200 (3400 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@visemoon: No, but in the comic it appears as though he jumps at him before he has a chance to attack again. After the first blast it seems as though Hulk is thrown miles away, and Black Bolt turns to go back to Attilan before being surprised by Hulk.

No Caption Provided

#138 Edited by Helicoprion (3557 posts) - - Show Bio

WBH

#139 Posted by visemoon (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@kokemabb200: no need to post the scan I read the comics multiple times. But we do know the Skrull Bolt did indeed scream at Hulk after Hulk said he wanted to hear him scream

#140 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@kokemabb200: Your perception is way off, how is that being thrown miles away? When he is at best 30 feet away from him? And how did he surprise him when he started talking to him before he even reached him? Hulk tanked 2 attacks from BB the first one was a whisper the other one was a scream and that scream was easily more powerful then the scream BB did against Thanos. What's even more impressive is that he was in WWH form and holding back the entire time.

#141 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge said:
@aftershafter said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@aftershafter said:
@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

That wasn't Black Bolt, that was a Skrull imposter, otherwise, World War Hulk would end too soon.

Thank you captain obvious, i did already mention that. However considering WWH was suppose to originally fight OF Thor(so i guess that should show you how powerful the writer intended him to be), i doubt being the real of fake BB would made any kind of difference.

#142 Posted by AgentofChaos1 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#143 Posted by Incursion (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#144 Posted by RealityWarper (12333 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

@aftershafter said:

@atheistknowledge said:

@aftershafter said:

@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

Ok, I'm kinda confused here…why are you 2 debating whether or not Hulk tanked Skrullbolt scream, when it is quite apparent that he did in did tanked it?

No Caption Provided

See…Skrullbolt screams and Hulk Tanked it. Or unless you two are comparing what which scream was more powerful. According to Ironman, Skrullbolt did this...

No Caption Provided

Skrullbolt knocked a divot to of the moon the size of Rhode Island. Rhode Island is 1200 square miles. Thats pretty dang impressive. What makes it even more impressive was Hulk was holding back the entire campaign. Now the scream that Thanos tanked, what kinda damage did it do to the surrounding area? Was it as destructive as the scream Hulk tanked? I would like to see a scan of it

There is a big difference in expelling a part of the Moon outside with the help of the lesser gravity and destroying a city :o

#145 Posted by laflux (24722 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably WBH.

#146 Posted by visemoon (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@realitywarper: lesser gravity does not effect the durability of the moon. Are you suggesting that the lesser the gravity the weaker the object?

#147 Posted by RealityWarper (12333 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

@realitywarper: lesser gravity does not effect the durability of the moon. Are you suggesting that the lesser the gravity the weaker the object?

I am suggesting that the Scream sliced a part of the Moon, like a knife in the butte, and that the severed part was ejected in space thanks to the energy of the scream pushing the severed part and the lesser gravity helping because it needed less energy to do so.

So that needed less energy than destroying a city (maybe ^^)

#148 Posted by HULKANGRY (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Fight:Hulk Wins!

Thanos flees at the End.

#149 Posted by visemoon (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

I am suggesting that the Scream sliced a part of the Moon, like a knife in the butte, and that the severed part was ejected in space thanks to the energy of the scream pushing the severed part and the lesser gravity helping because it needed less energy to do so.

Interesting suggestions. But the story clearly said it was an explosion that caused the 1200 square mile hole. And Hulk (while holding back) was at ground zero. Even Dr Strange was impressed that he withstood such an attack

#150 Edited by RealityWarper (12333 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

@realitywarper said:

@visemoon said:

Interesting suggestions. But the story clearly said it was an explosion that caused the 1200 square mile hole. And Hulk (while holding back) was at ground zero. Even Dr Strange was impressed that he withstood such an attack

Wait wait wait.

I am confused here :

Are you talking about the whisper of Black Bolt against Hulk which did a trail 1200 meters lenght ????