• 71 results
#1 Posted by Supermanthor (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

morals off

No Caption Provided

vs

#3 Posted by Kevd4wg (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at the team I don't see how they put him down

#4 Posted by BreakOfDawn (485 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Rogue could do something, though Thanos' forcefields and intelligence will mean that he takes her down as quickly as possible. The rest are mostly fodder.

#5 Edited by EmpressOfDread (11576 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. He uses planet busting + TP.

#6 Edited by biswaboxz (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Does TP fts make him vulnerable ? Oh well any of those characters didn't stand a chance to put him down against his durability fts . LOL

#7 Edited by chiq (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Magik beat him in Limbo?

Is he above hell lord level?

A bloodlusted Magik would be darkchilde

#8 Posted by RenTheSupreme (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting...

#9 Posted by Supermanthor (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#10 Posted by del_torro (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

Their best bet is for Jean, Rachel and Psylocke to combine their telepathy and attack him, while oya, Iceman, Firestar, Sunfire, gentle, gambit, Storm, Evan Apocalypse jnr, Hellion, Jubilee, Rogue, Havok, Bishop, Dazzler, boom boom, Polaris, Rockslide and Sunspot blast/attack him/his forcefield continuously, trying to distract/pressure him.

A combined shield from Jean/Rachel/Psylocke (if she still has her Tk), could deflect an attack or two, but I'm not really confident that they can hold that up while taking him on with telepathy at the same time.

A weakened Thanos has been restrained by Moondragon, Cosmo and Mantis combining their TP, but this is full power Thanos and I'm not an expert on Moondragon/cosmo/Mantis to compare their feats to Jean/Rachel/Psylocke to know how they fare

Anyways, Read Thanos wins recently, and his jobber aura that let him defeat celestial and galactus, let's him take this without a sweat.

#11 Posted by biswaboxz (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways, Read Thanos wins recently, and his jobber aura that let him defeat celestial and galactus, let's him take this without a sweat.

That's King Thanos from the future who defeated Galactus but i still do think his durability is mismatch against this characters .

#12 Edited by Jmarshmallow (13497 posts) - - Show Bio

Working together, and at their best, they have a shot.

But they’re definitely the underdog here.

#13 Posted by Chad_Duby (4636 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos still wins.

#14 Posted by Supermanthor (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#15 Posted by PyroFN (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

This will take teamwork, but the X-Men have a chance.

#16 Posted by Kal-El Summers (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh... I really don't see a way the X-Men win unless Thanos just arbitrarily decides to dick around while killing them because he's bored.

#17 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3289 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Thanos wins

He was destroying the entire Imperial Guard while dying and weakened

#18 Posted by RenTheSupreme (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

no, wait, no

Magik solos

😃

#19 Posted by Noone1996 (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

Just noticed Storm in the picture. She fries his synapses and destroys his brain. She effortlessly solos.

#20 Edited by Supermanthor (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: lol are you still debating with him/her over storm

#21 Posted by skywalker95 (2756 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos Easily

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#22 Posted by _KingofLatveria (17511 posts) - - Show Bio

Just noticed Storm in the picture. She fries his synapses and destroys his brain. She effortlessly solos.

#23 Posted by Supermanthor (2193 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by dami24434 (4206 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos gets his synapses fried again

#25 Posted by Supermanthor (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos gets his synapses fried again

thanks

#26 Posted by geekryan (2936 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the X-Men could win but with very high difficulty and not for a majority of wins. A lot of casualties too.

#27 Posted by Batvibe12 (4711 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men has a chance.

#28 Posted by reikai (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

@batvibe12: A chance of not suffering if Thanos decides to show mercy.

#29 Posted by ginman333 (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

Shields up. Win - thanos

#30 Posted by PyroFN (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: And a Teen Jean Grey wrecked one of their most powerful member, Gladiator. Taking down the Imperial Guard is impressive, but not something the X-Men have not dealt with before.

#31 Posted by PyroFN (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Thanos was subdued by three powerful telepaths before. There is no reason that Jean, Psylcoke, and Rachel can’t replicate the same feat while their technopath, Trinary, deals with Thanos teccnology.

Thanos isn’t winning easily, if he does win to begin with.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#32 Posted by MyLittleFascist (30187 posts) - - Show Bio

Any reason Magik can't just bring the fight to Limbo?

#33 Edited by biswaboxz (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@reikai: Thanos was subdued by three powerful telepaths before. There is no reason that Jean, Psylcoke, and Rachel can’t replicate the same feat while their technopath, Trinary, deals with Thanos teccnology.

U do realize that Thanos was in his weakest mode when he was subdued by telepaths, , he was just resurrected back from the dead . Thanos's technology and intellect is way ahead of earthlings . And his durablility HaHaHa , who do u really think will anyone be able to subdue him with his current fts .

#34 Edited by PyroFN (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: Like I said, it will take teamwork. Jean, Psylocke, and Rachel Summers fighting psychically. (Two of them wielded the Phoenix Force, so his intellect means nothing)

Trinary can deal with any tech he brings.

X-23 and Honey Badger can pierce him with her claws, Hellion and Storm can hold him down telekinetically. Kitty can phase through him. Polaris can do whatever Magneto can.

Do I even need to mention Magik?

Everyone else can pretty much play the distraction game. Like I said, this isn’t a stomp and there are scenarios where the X-Men could win.

#35 Edited by PyroFN (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: No there isn't, people are simply jumping on the bandwagon without actually thinking about the possible threats to Thanos on the team.

It’s a situation similar to Doctor Doom where Thanos appears infallible Unless a cosmic entity is his opponent.

#36 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3289 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: He was extremely weakned in both situations, that's the only reason why he was subdued

#37 Edited by biswaboxz (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: If u really think that teamwork is going work against someone whose intllect(tact) is beyond this humans to even comprehend then yeah sure they will win LOL And since u brought ur phoenix aura then lets see, he was even to able beat the crap out someone who one shotted Galactus (ref Thanos Wins) lol.

And as Cull obsidian and i said b4 he was in his weaksest state when those three telepaths were able subdue him and he was in DYING state when he was able to beat the whole imperial guard

Trinary's tech is barely applicable against someome who barely uses his shields for his resistance cause's his own durability is more than enough for him to even resist against beyondar.

Wow they will stab him to what lol .He will smash them down like he did to Blackbolt .

Pretty much sure he was tinkled by Thor's lightning even though he hitted him 3 times in a row and then he one shotted him. And if that's not enough for u he even tanked Norrin's blasts no of times like it was nothing. Therefore Storm , Polaris and Hellion are useless here .

#38 Posted by comic_book_fan (10421 posts) - - Show Bio

you have at least 3 omega level telepaths on the team domino for luck and rogue as the x-factor they will be a lot of casulties but i think x-men win this.

#39 Posted by reikai (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

Thanos was subdued by three powerful telepaths before. There is no reason that Jean, Psylcoke, and Rachel can’t replicate the same feat while their technopath, Trinary, deals with Thanos teccnology.

Way to ignore Context. Too bad for you people actually Read the comics. Those three Galactic Level Telepaths could do absolutely nothing to Thanos until Peter Quill used a Cosmic Cube to weaken Thanos and lower his defenses, allowing those three to subdue him. And only worked because Thanos stopped rampaging and wrecking their team by being distracted by said Cosmic Cube.

#40 Posted by PyroFN (4654 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos Wins.

Unfortunately, there isn't much the X-Men can do. The High TP/TK users are no help. The High Elemental Users are no help. The High Bruisers/Powerhouses are no help and Their Magic user(Illyana) can possibly BFR him to Limbo that's the only way I see them winning. The rest are not strong enough to do anything.

@supermanthor said:

@noone1996: lol are you still debating with him/her over storm

No, that's just him being salty as usual and can't let things go. He does this in every thread Storm is involved in LOL. Nothing new. Just ignore it.

#42 Posted by PyroFN (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: And? How does beating he crap out of one individual translate to multiple individuals? Even if he manages to one-shot most, he’d still have to worry about others. And a different strategy would need to be taken every time he faced another person.

Like I ask cull, extremely weakened by what? And I know that Thanos has defeated the Imperial Guard in a dying state. But dying state doesn’t mean near death. He still went on for multiple issues and never reached that near death state. And again, a Teen Jean Grey owned one of their most, If not their most, powerful members with no scratch on her afterwards.

Trinary is there to tie up loose-ends, just in case he tries to get smart. I’m not going on a full proof one-shot plan. I know Thanos has insane durability, which is why I specifically chose members who could be capable of holding him off while the others like say Kitty Pryde could go in for the final blow.

Black Bolt? You’re using Black Bolt? As for stabbing him, it’s not for killing, it’s for piercing him. Weaken and distract. And to shut down that stabbing argument for X-23, note that in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, Thanos himself states that Wolverine could’ve dealt a killing blow. The reason that he couldn’t at that moment though was due to Thanos having the Infinity Gauntlet already.

Rachel’s has faced Thor and took him down, with barely any effort no less. Storm is there for support, not for dealing actual blows. Though she probably would use lightning, she would change strategies easily if she saw things weren’t going her way. Hellion is there to hold him down. It’ll be easier for him since Thanos would have his hands full with everyone as it is. It may not be a guarantee, but it would definitely have an effect on Thanos if his attention is divided.

I guess whether Polaris can affect Thanos depends on whether you believe that Magneto can affect him.

#43 Posted by PyroFN (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Well, excuse me for not taking the time to read every comic in existence of a specific character. I did not realize that I needed to do just that in order for my comment to hold any weight. Are you gonna test me? Should pull an all-nighter to fulfill your quota? Cut the arrogance and focus on the info because I hardly deserved that slight for my ignorance of all things.

Galactic Level Telepaths? What on earth is that suppose to mean? Do you mean Galaxy level? Do you mean multi-planetary? If you mean Galaxy level, what feats make them that powerful, because I’ve tried searching for feats and none of them have displayed anything that high. In fact, the only one I found comparable to the planetary level telepaths was Moondragon.

Ok, so Peter used the Cosmic Cube. Is there any reason to believe that Peter knows how to use the Cosmci Cube to it’s full potential? Or any way to measure how much power it took to weaken Thanos?

There is a much larger team going against Thanos here with better teamwork. Expendability, while it will try to be avoided, is expected because of what the X-Men do. Thanos will be distracted the entire time and at some point, someone will pull the killing blow.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#44 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (4996 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos one shots the planet. Killing most.

#45 Posted by reikai (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn:

Well, excuse me for not taking the time to read every comic in existence of a specific character. I did not realize that I needed to do just that in order for my comment to hold any weight. Are you gonna test me? Should pull an all-nighter to fulfill your quota? Cut the arrogance and focus on the info because I hardly deserved that slight for my ignorance of all things.

It's called "Basic Research". Parroting someone else's claim just shows how lazy you are.

Galactic Level Telepaths? What on earth is that suppose to mean? Do you mean Galaxy level? Do you mean multi-planetary? If you mean Galaxy level, what feats make them that powerful, because I’ve tried searching for feats and none of them have displayed anything that high. In fact, the only one I found comparable to the planetary level telepaths was Moondragon.

It means they are among the most powerful telepaths in the universe, with Mantis having been the Celestial Madonna and a powerful figure. Moondragon even having fought solo against Dr Strange.

Ok, so Peter used the Cosmic Cube. Is there any reason to believe that Peter knows how to use the Cosmci Cube to it’s full potential? Or any way to measure how much power it took to weaken Thanos?

...It's a Cosmic Cube. It has the power to alter reality and make the users wish become Reality. One is enough to become a God and be nearly on par with Eternity. Even Gamora flat out says Peter could've become a God with it.

There is a much larger team going against Thanos here with better teamwork. Expendability, while it will try to be avoided, is expected because of what the X-Men do. Thanos will be distracted the entire time and at some point, someone will pull the killing blow.

The Entire Imperial Guard went against a Weakened, Cancer-stricken Thanos, and he was still tossing them around. And they have greater numbers than this. They even noted the fact that they were holding their own and that something had to be wrong with Thanos. Otherwise he'd have been slaughtering them. Proven when Thanos is restored to his full strength, that he begins a planet-shattering brawl with Phoenix-Thane and is barely scratched in the ensuing battle.

Loading Video...

Numbers account for Nothing against Thanos. One move an the entire team is laid to waste. They are as ants before a Giant.

#46 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3289 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: First weakened massively by re entering the universe when he fought the ultimates and cap marvels team during civil war today then he was further weakened by Death by getting a deadly illness that weakened him the more he fought

And in reference to the 3 telepaths, he was first reborn feral and nowhere near full strength then he was blasted by a cosmic cube, this is what allowed the 3 telepaths to just about contain him but they even said they couldn't do it for much longer, and he broke free while still feral

#47 Edited by biswaboxz (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@biswaboxz: And? How does beating he crap out of one individual translate to multiple individuals? Even if he manages to one-shot most, he’d still have to worry about others. And a different strategy would need to be taken every time he faced another person.

Like I ask cull, extremely weakened by what? And I know that Thanos has defeated the Imperial Guard in a dying state. But dying state doesn’t mean near death. He still went on for multiple issues and never reached that near death state. And again, a Teen Jean Grey owned one of their most, If not their most, powerful members with no scratch on her afterwards.

Well dying state itself indicates weakest state of physiology(not death) therefore defeating the Imperial Guard itself shows that how much powerful he is even in it's weakest/dying state

He was resurrected back from the dead and he was blasted by cosmic cube which shows he was weakened and why those three were barely managed to TP .

FYI Moondragon has actually showed that she manipulated the entire war species of a planet with her telepathy(in a single go to be precise) , which shows that she don't need cerebro like Jean/Rachel LOL .

@pyrofn said:

@biswaboxz:

Black Bolt? You’re using Black Bolt? As for stabbing him, it’s not for killing, it’s for piercing him. Weaken and distract. And to shut down that stabbing argument for X-23, note that in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, Thanos himself states that Wolverine could’ve dealt a killing blow. The reason that he couldn’t at that moment though was due to Thanos having the Infinity Gauntlet already.

Weakened by what ? i don't see any potential danger that could harm his durability(star level) . Therefore it's pointless X-23 could even reach her before he will obliterate him her with his beams .

@pyrofn said:

@biswaboxz:

Rachel’s has faced Thor and took him down, with barely any effort no less. Storm is there for support, not for dealing actual blows. Though she probably would use lightning, she would change strategies easily if she saw things weren’t going her way. Hellion is there to hold him down. It’ll be easier for him since Thanos would have his hands full with everyone as it is. It may not be a guarantee, but it would definitely have an effect on Thanos if his attention is divided.

I guess whether Polaris can affect Thanos depends on whether you believe that Magneto can affect him.

I don't see any of them that could take him down . He has landed lightning blows from Thor (3 times in a row) and no of times from Norrin and it tinkled him with both .

Techanically he will one shots blows them all , he had killed his real doppelganger who has star level durability (with his energy manip) .

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#48 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (4996 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: jeen stalemated gladiator by literally pulling some random power out of her ass. Bendis and his pis/wis fascinate me.

#49 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#50 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3845 posts) - - Show Bio

Xmen could win if they coordinate their attacks together