-Thor gets Mjolnir and the belt of strength

-Thanos gets standard equip

-No bfr

-No outside help

-Assume Orion and Thor know eachother well and work well together

-Orion knows nothing of Thanos and Thanos knows nothing of Orion

-Fight takes place on Apokalips

-Win by Ko or death

-Morals off (whatever morals would normally apply do not apply here)

Who wins? The team or the titan?

#2 Posted by King Saturn (222789 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Purple would beat bofe dey azz...

:P

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Purple would beat bofe dey azz...

:P

that's pretty funny

#4 Edited by Experio (18215 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Orion take this especially with morals off.

#5 Edited by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody else?

#6 Posted by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#7 Posted by green_skaar (11860 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos rather easily.

#8 Edited by dorukesin (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

anybody else?

you said it like

#9 Posted by dondave (41748 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#10 Posted by KingAres109 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly makes Thanos so great!?Is it his shields or durability!?And without does he last long against these two!??

#11 Edited by dondave (41748 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly makes Thanos so great!?Is it his shields or durability!?And without does he last long against these two!??

Both

#12 Posted by KingAres109 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Thanx..So if people know that,why won't people take them away!??Or does he still win without shields??

#13 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor breaks him.

#14 Edited by green_skaar (11860 posts) - - Show Bio

• Durability
  • Strength
  • Shields
  • Telepathy
  • Energy Projection
  • Intelligence
#15 Edited by dondave (41748 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

Thor breaks him.

How? It's not like he hasn't faced an amped Thor before

#16 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps. Thor gets 5 shotted, Orion gets 2 shotted.

#17 Posted by eternityx (3000 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Thor breaks him.

Just kidding.

It's this bellow.

@darkraiden said:

#19 Posted by KingAres109 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: And what is his greatest strength feat!??And please don't say him and Drax clashing destroying a moon or a planet.. Lol...

#20 Posted by dondave (41748 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: And what is his greatest strength feat!??And please don't say him and Drax clashing destroying a moon or a planet.. Lol...

What's wrong with that?

#21 Edited by green_skaar (11860 posts) - - Show Bio

Since he's not a hero, we don't see him out and about lifting heavy objects, however he has no problem man-handling the likes of Thor, Hercules, Thing, Hulk and other confirmed strong-men. If I'm not mistaken Marvel in handbooks have acknowledged he's in a strength class all of his own. @killemall would be able to confirm and elaborate if needed.

#22 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos doesn't have many great strength feats like moving planets or destroying planets. What bad guy does though? What he does have is feats of him manhandling people in Thor's power range. Did you see Thor vs Thanos in Infinity? Or Thanos vs Silver Surfer? Or Thanos vs Captain Marvel?

#23 Edited by KingAres109 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

So,if Thanos don't have a lot of lifting feats because he's a "bad guy" shouldn't that apply to all villains in DC or Marvel!??What makes him the exception??Alot of viiains don't go around lifting things..I just want to know and understand why he get a pass on lifting feats and other baddies have to have them.

Sorry but I'm just trying to understand Thanos and what not.I know of his past and all the "prep" blah blah blah..Its like his strength is legitimate but the likes of:Black Adam,Doomsday,Darkseid, and a few others have to have the feats etc....

#24 Edited by eternityx (3000 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingares109 said:

So,if Thanos don't have a lot of lifting feats because he's a "bad guy" shouldn't that apply to all villains in DC or Marvel!??What makes him the exception??Alot of viiains don't go around lifting things..I just want to know and understand why he get a pass on lifting feats and other baddies have to have them.

Sorry but I'm just trying to understand Thanos and what not.I know of his past and all the "prep" blah blah blah..Its like his strength is legitimate but the likes of:Black Adam,Doomsday,Darkseid, and a few others have to have the feats etc....

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in a fight lifting a lot doesn't matter. Who'd win in a fight, a boxer or a powerlifter?

#25 Posted by KingAres109 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: But that's exactly what I'm trying to say.Lol..Some of the guys I mentioned don't have a lot of lifting feats yet I've seen some people say that makes them overrated. Just trying to see why.....

#26 Posted by eternityx (3000 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: But that's exactly what I'm trying to say.Lol..Some of the guys I mentioned don't have a lot of lifting feats yet I've seen some people say that makes them overrated. Just trying to see why.....

Everyone is bias with characters they like and don't like.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#27 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7647 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by DarkRaiden (3609 posts) - 48 minutes, 13 seconds ago - Show Bio

This except both get 5 shotted!!

#28 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

It does apply to everyone. Black Adam, Doomsday nor Darkseid have many lifting feats. None of them have destroyed a planet. Or moved a moon. We judge them by who they fight. Doomsday killed Superman. Superman has survived nukes etc. So that shows Doomsday must hit hard. Thanos has manhandled Silver Surfer. Tossed Thor around like nothing. Grappled with Hulk and hercules at the same time. So people don't need lifting feats because it's not a weight lifting contest. You go by who they have beaten. at least I do.

#29 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

Many people think Thanos is WAY OVER RATED also. Some say Thor or Silver Surfer can beat Thanos in a one on one fight. Everyone has an opinion

#30 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@kingares109 said:

What's wrong with that?

Thor stalemated Drax.

#31 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingares109 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in a fight lifting a lot doesn't matter. Who'd win in a fight, a boxer or a powerlifter?

Guess? Instead of Mariusz use Brock Lesnar, he's weight lifter as well as martial artist.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#32 Posted by eternityx (3000 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx said:

@kingares109 said:

Guess? Instead of Mariusz use Brock Lesnar, he's weight lifter as well as martial artist.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Brock Lesnar is a little girl who fought has beens and started crying after getting kicked a couple of times.

Mariusz Pudzianowski also sucks and also can't lift nearly as much as he could in his WSM days as he lost a lot of weight since then for MMA.

Also I see you've posted a pic of Floyd Mayweather who is outweighed by several weight classes by either of these 2, why don't you put a picture of Mike Tyson or Vitali Klitschko to even it out a little bit.

#33 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#34 Edited by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

Well everything actually although Thanos does get a little over-estimated at times in comicvine.

He has pretty cool versatility: Energy manipulation, TK (minor), telepathy, matter manipulation, teleportation, time manipulation etc.

Also he was just created to be bigger, and more powerful than the likes of Thor and Hulk in marvel. He was , at his time of creation, created to be Avengers most powerful bad guy, someone who can take and fight the whole Avengers at a time, and even more powerful than Ultron who has regularly done this. While Thanos's position as Avengers more powerful adversary got canned, once Jim Shooters, introduced an even more powerful Avengers villain (Michael Korvac), the rest hasnt changed.

#35 Posted by KingAres109 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: In no way am I saying he's overrated or not powerful.Just asking more about him and why he get a lot of credit when others don't.

#36 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingares109: I never accused you of saying he is overstated, thats me saying Thanos is actually over-rated at few in comicvine. I was merely giving you a reason, why i believe, he gets puts this highly, namely that was pretty much the purpose of his creation, he was created to be that powers (i.e. more powerful than the likes of Thor, Hulk , Silver Surfer etc).

Avatar image for New_World_Order
#37 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
#38 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7785 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos rather easily.

dude, Thor gets the belt of strength for this match

even an amped Thanos fell to Thor when he was amped by the belt of strength

No Caption Provided

and before you start saying "Thanosi" I would point out 2 pieces of evidence against that

1. Thanos has referred to those events taking place in previous comics

No Caption Provided

2. Tarene's 2012 Bio specifically refers to him as Thanos

No Caption Provided
@dondave said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Thor breaks him.

He's never won to an amped Thor by any reasonable definition of victory

@pooty said:

@kingares109 said:

It does apply to everyone. Black Adam, Doomsday nor Darkseid have many lifting feats. None of them have destroyed a planet. Or moved a moon. We judge them by who they fight. Doomsday killed Superman. Superman has survived nukes etc. So that shows Doomsday must hit hard. Thanos has manhandled Silver Surfer. Tossed Thor around like nothing. Grappled with Hulk and hercules at the same time. So people don't need lifting feats because it's not a weight lifting contest. You go by who they have beaten. at least I do.

what specificallya re you referring to with that?

the time Thor was just knocked out and placed in stasis?

or when Thanos changed his molecular structure with the Power Gem?

or when tghey had an even fight cut short and everyone labeled it a stomp for Thanos?

@dondave said:

@kingares109 said:

What's wrong with that?

Thor stalemated Drax.

as I recall Drax with the Power Gem couldn't even really hurt a bloodlusted Thor

No Caption Provided

@kingares109 said:

Well everything actually although Thanos does get a little over-estimated at times in comicvine.

He has pretty cool versatility: Energy manipulation, TK (minor), telepathy, matter manipulation, teleportation, time manipulation etc.

Also he was just created to be bigger, and more powerful than the likes of Thor and Hulk in marvel. He was , at his time of creation, created to be Avengers most powerful bad guy, someone who can take and fight the whole Avengers at a time, and even more powerful than Ultron who has regularly done this. While Thanos's position as Avengers more powerful adversary got canned, once Jim Shooters, introduced an even more powerful Avengers villain (Michael Korvac), the rest hasnt changed.

Seriously, if Thanos was that much more powerful than Thor, why did he need Thor's help against Walker?

I don't recall any true Thor ever asking for Thanos's help
I don't recall any true Thor ever asking for Thanos's help

#39 Edited by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: In Infinity Thanos tossed Thor around like nothing. Thor was going all out saying: "one of us will perish" and Thor still didn't hurt Thanos. While Thor was just another obstacle. Also in the Tarene scan Thor had a shield that helped him get past Thanos blast. It was destroyed but helped him get close. He also had the his gauntlets which increase Thor's power also. Also it is stated on panel that that was a Thanosi so that whole feat is a contradiction. So Thor with Just the Belt of strength has never beaten a real Thanos.

#40 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1219 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins

...easily

#41 Edited by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@betatesthighlander1: In Infinity Thanos tossed Thor around like nothing. Thor was going all out saying: "one of us will perish" and Thor still didn't hurt Thanos. While Thor was just another obstacle. Also in the Tarene scan Thor had a shield that helped him get past Thanos blast. It was destroyed but helped him get close. He also had the his gauntlets which increase Thor's power also. Also it is stated on panel that that was a Thanosi so that whole feat is a contradiction. So Thor with Just the Belt of strength has never beaten a real Thanos.

lol Thanos clearly had upper hand, but he wasn't tossing Thor around like 'nothing'. Don't lowball him like that. And Thanos looked hurt to me.

#42 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: Thanos sent him flying twice. once wasn't even a direct attack. Thanos asked Thor " is that all you got". Thanos looked hurt when he fought Tyrant. He never left his feet. never got sent flying. never screamed in pain. I think Thanos paused once. At no point did Thanos seem concerned in the least about the outcome. But you're right. Hulk was nothing to thanos. Thor was noticed at least

#43 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7785 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

lol Thanos clearly had upper hand, but he wasn't tossing Thor around like 'nothing'. Don't lowball him like that. And Thanos looked hurt to me.

I wouldn't even say Thanos "clearly" had the upper hand (the battle was to short to really see) but yeah, it was by no means a stomp

@pooty said:

@bigcimmerian: Thanos sent him flying twice. once wasn't even a direct attack. Thanos asked Thor " is that all you got". Thanos looked hurt when he fought Tyrant. He never left his feet. never got sent flying. never screamed in pain. I think Thanos paused once. At no point did Thanos seem concerned in the least about the outcome. But you're right. Hulk was nothing to thanos. Thor was noticed at least

Thanos was amped when he fought Tyrant, asking for punishemnt doesn't actually mean you can take it, I don't recall Savage Hulk ever getting any significant damage from Thanos.

Thor with the belt of strength did easily trounce an amped Thanos, nice to see you ignoring taht

#44 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Thanos didn't just say he could take it. He actually stood there and took it. Then asked for it again. That is clear proof he can take it. I already mentioned the belt of strength feat and added context that you left out. We're not even sure it was Thanos and he also had a shield to protect him from Thanos blast. And he had his gauntlets of power. Thor doesn't have the shield or gauntlets in this fight so that "feat" is null and void.

#45 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7785 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@betatesthighlander1: Thanos didn't just say he could take it. He actually stood there and took it. Then asked for it again. That is clear proof he can take it. I already mentioned the belt of strength feat and added context that you left out. We're not even sure it was Thanos and he also had a shield to protect him from Thanos blast. And he had his gauntlets of power. Thor doesn't have the shield or gauntlets in this fight so that "feat" is null and void.

do you see a shield in this picture

No, you don't. by the time they were fighting the shield was already destroyed by Thanos's amped attacks
No, you don't. by the time they were fighting the shield was already destroyed by Thanos's amped attacks

so yeah, the feat totally applies

#46 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Do you see GAUNTLETS in those pictures? Yes, i'm sure you do. So No, the feat totally doesn't apply.

#47 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7785 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@pooty said:

Do you see GAUNTLETS in those pictures? Yes, i'm sure you do. So No, the feat totally doesn't apply.

anything to suggest the Gauntlets actually augment his strength?

they appear to just be regular armor(maybe especially hard, not much beyond that)

#48 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@pooty said:

they appear to just be regular armor(maybe especially hard, not much beyond that)

Before Thor was strong enough to lift Mjolnir on his own, Odin made the gauntlets so Thor could wield Mjolnir as a child. They augment his strength. Odin would not have sent them for no reason.

#49 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7785 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@pooty said:

@pooty said:

Before Thor was strong enough to lift Mjolnir on his own, Odin made the gauntlets so Thor could wield Mjolnir as a child. They augment his strength. Odin would not have sent them for no reason.

yeah, that's great and all, but that didn't happen in Marvel Comics

#50 Edited by Freefa11 (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Betatest can be amazingly disingenuous when it comes to Thor feats, especially against Thanos. Just in case you (or anyone else) would like to see more proof that Thor was greatly amped in that one encounter that BTH keeps trying to claim was not a Thanosi

Here Odin is clearly imbuing ALL of the armaments with the remains of the Odin Force, not just the shield.

No Caption Provided

Here we see Thor clearly state that he feels the power of the Odin Force flowing into him, and he clearly states that even Mjolnir itself is being amped

No Caption Provided

It should be pretty clear to anyone who's read the issue, not to mention the whole arc, that Thor on his own really had no chance of victory at all.