Thanos vs. superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1801  Edited By willpayton

@dawnone said:
@willpayton said:
@dawnone said:
@acrokat said:

@goldchamp101: Okay then, thank you.

Black holes don't have infinite mass the just have mass that far exceeds any other object in our universe.

That's not true either.

why so?? tell me what exceeds the mass and density of a black hole??.

Black holes can have mass as low as 2 or 3 times the mass of our Sun. As far as density they do have very high density, but it's also not right to say that they have infinite density... because the truth is that we dont know how small a black hole can be. We usually think of it becoming a singularity, or a point of zero volume, but in truth our theories break down inside black holes so we dont know. Astrophysicists usually use the distance to the event horizon (the Schwarzschild radius) to determine it's volume, in which case the volume is finite.

Nothing we know of has higher density than a black hole. But as far as what exceeds the mass of a black hole, first you have to tell me what black hold you're talking about. There are very massive stars, galaxies, and even much larger structures in the universe that are insanely massive.

Edit: I should mention that even smaller black holes have been theorized. These are called "micro black holes". I was referring to normal astronomical black holes in the above text.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dawnone said:
@willpayton said:
@dawnone said:
@acrokat said:

@goldchamp101: Okay then, thank you.

Black holes don't have infinite mass the just have mass that far exceeds any other object in our universe.

That's not true either.

why so?? tell me what exceeds the mass and density of a black hole??.

Black holes can have mass as low as 2 or 3 times the mass of our Sun. As far as density they do have very high density, but it's also not right to say that they have infinite density... because the truth is that we dont know how small a black hole can be. We usually think of it becoming a singularity, or a point of zero volume, but in truth our theories break down inside black holes so we dont know. Astrophysicists usually use the distance to the event horizon (the Schwarzschild radius) to determine it's volume, in which case the volume is finite.

Nothing we know of has higher density than a black hole. But as far as what exceeds the mass of a black hole, first you have to tell me what black hold you're talking about. There are very massive stars, galaxies, and even much larger structures in the universe that are insanely massive.

Edit: I should mention that even smaller black holes have been theorized. These are called "micro black holes". I was referring to normal astronomical black holes in the above text.

I see.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117 said:

Superman can win.

@phantom16 said:

Thanos is pretty average without the gems. Either way, Superman speed blitz

Must be pretty average for fighting Odin and Tyrant, or slaughtering Silver Surfer, or defeating a guy who was simultaneously manhandling Quasar, Silver Surfer and Nova, must be pretty average for handily defeating Classic Drax or smiling off blows from Power Gem Thor, or having shields that caused Galactus to deplete most of his energy in order to get past.

I don't understand your mentality.

In what twisted, fantasy world do you see Superman winning? Perhaps one where Thanos has no arms, legs or powers?

What's with the lack of reading comprehension skills lately on the Vine..!?

I never stated Superman wins. What I stated is that Superman CAN win and that goes for all the people who underrate Superman here and state Thanos wins easily/stomps/solos etc. NO, he does NOT curb/solo or whatever the hell. And @theonewhoknows did a great job analysing it.

YES, I do know that Thanos is an overall superior character and it's obvious for almost anybody, except the fanboys. But I do also agree that Superman has some potential in him to win against Thanos without that meaning he has superior stats/feats or whatever.

I mean I saw people stating that Thor is stronger than Post Crisis Superman for Chrissake.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117 said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@reno117 said:

Superman can win.

@phantom16 said:

Thanos is pretty average without the gems. Either way, Superman speed blitz

Must be pretty average for fighting Odin and Tyrant, or slaughtering Silver Surfer, or defeating a guy who was simultaneously manhandling Quasar, Silver Surfer and Nova, must be pretty average for handily defeating Classic Drax or smiling off blows from Power Gem Thor, or having shields that caused Galactus to deplete most of his energy in order to get past.

I don't understand your mentality.

In what twisted, fantasy world do you see Superman winning? Perhaps one where Thanos has no arms, legs or powers?

What's with the lack of reading comprehension skills lately on the Vine..!?

I never stated Superman wins. What I stated is that Superman CAN win and that goes for all the people who underrate Superman here and state Thanos wins easily/stomps/solos etc. NO, he does NOT curb/solo or whatever the hell. And @theonewhoknows did a great job analysing it.

YES, I do know that Thanos is an overall superior character and it's obvious for almost anybody, except the fanboys. But I do also agree that Superman has some potential in him to win against Thanos without that meaning he has superior stats/feats or whatever.

I mean I saw people stating that Thor is stronger than Post Crisis Superman for Chrissake.

Oh, Thanos does stomp, trust me.

And I'm sure TheOneWhoKnows did a great job using out of context feats which were quickly debunked by other viners.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117: Oh, and I read your comment just fine. I know you said that he CAN win.

Sheesh.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Why is this thread not locked yet? Thanos ragdolls Superman.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Why is this thread not locked yet? Thanos ragdolls Superman.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lariend:

Is there any evidence to support that it's not canon?

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101: Well just you know, google it?

Otherwise you can start here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercompany_crossover

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lariend: Dude that is a wikipedia page that literally says it has multiple issues.

That's not very reliable.

I was looking for an author statement or something.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1812  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@blackstaroblivion: I have to hand it to you. I didn't think you could ACTUALLY surpass your last ridiculous post with your next one.

But by golly, you DID.

INCREDIBLE.

Everything you stated in your last post was so completely, absolutely wrong and so easily refuted that I scarcely know where to begin. You CANNOT be for real; you have to be employing an Ashton Kutcher like prank.

I guess the best way to proceed in destroying your every fact free foolishness is to deal with every inanity you spewed in the order you vomited them out.

First, I see that you have added to your "dilute/deny/dismiss" & "Nuh Uh!" games yet another one-the "I know you are but what am I" game where you falsely say things I attribute to you are what I'm doing. This confirms what I'd suspected---that you are a kid not yet old enough to vote, trying and failing MISERABLY to sound like an adult. This would explain the petulance, the snarkiness in place of reason and logic, the inability to debate in a civil manner when challenged, believing that a discussion about something as meaningless as fictional characters is some kind of big deal, insulting first, then when given the same treatment you initiated, blaming the discourse on me, etc.-all things a kid does. Anyone can see the difference in how I have responded to say, Killemall, and how I respond to you-talk to me in a civil manner and I'll respond in kind; talk to me in the way you have, & I'll give BETTER than I GET. Yet, like some kind of stereotypical spoiled, self centered kid you think I should just accept your crap without resistance. At least, I HOPE you are a kid-because if you're not, and behaving this way---

How truly sad for you.

Your ability to willfully ignore things to get a result you want is like nothing I've ever seen. Even in the face of see with one's own eyes scans of Superman resisting multiple TP masters (including Maxima, Brainiac, Eradicator, Asmodel, and, more than once Martian Manhunter put link you say Superman has "NO" TP resistance. In the face of a scan showing Superman resisting Eradicator, in a monolog about how he is resisting him, and remembering many other TP's he's resisted over the years, you claim Kal has "NO" resistance. But of course the times Supes succumbed overrides ALL the times he resisted BECAUSE YOU SAY SO.

Going by that "logic" & using your tactics, as I said before, ALL the times Thanos has been affected by brute force overrides any examples and/or scans of the Titan withstanding said trauma---BECAUSE I SAID SO! Man, that's easy! No real debating effort necessary! I just say MY scans & examples "count" & YOURS don't, and VOILA! I've "answered" questions!

Right.

On cue we come to an example of your new game, the "I Know You Are But What Am I" gambit. You claim that I "whined" to mods and made a "demand" they come to my rescue. Actually, in post 1421 as anyone can see, a mod contacts ME, FIRST, to "warn" me after ANOTHER USER "whined" to the mod for THEM to get a "rescue"---because I dealt with them after they insulted me FIRST. As anyone can see, even when the mod told me to "flag" people who insult, instead of retaliating I tell the mod I don't make a habit of flagging people because "I GIVE better that I RECEIVE". So how is that demanding "a mod run to my "rescue"?

My posts are in view for all to see. As anyone with even a Kindergarten level of reading comprehension (which clearly excludes you) can see, a user insulted me first, more than once, and when I gave them a taste of their own medicine, THE USER ran to the mods for "rescue". I simply pointed out the verifiable, anyone can read them examples of people violating site rules in posts to me, yet I DIDN'T "run to a mod".

Again, I didn't point those things out until AFTER the mod contacted and "warned" me FIRST (I didn't contact THEM). So how is that a "demand for the mods to run to the rescue"?

SMH.

You're experiencing pronoun trouble again---the only one whining"-about something completely and utterly inane-and incorrect, at that-is YOU.

You willfully ignore evidence, claim I "ran to the mods" when my posts are in plain view for all to see & show that your claim is incorrect, you have devolved a meaningless discussion about fictional characters to the base level you have, hurled snark, disrespect, and insults at me FIRST while ridiculously expecting no retaliation---and you think I need "serious help". Huh. There's that "serious" pronoun trouble again.

Ah, but there I go---expecting logic, reason, and basic reading comprehension from a person who's signature conversing ability is "blah blah blah".

What's next-oh yes, your whole "Thanos will mind wipe Superman" delusion.

"Listen to what I'm saying to you"---

Thanos is not "mindwiping" Superman because (A) He is like a statue to Kal's perceptions, Superman can move faster than thought as my links in post 1353 display, therefore he will be pummeled with Soulfire Darkseid smashing blows, or his brain heat visioned,or offensively vibrated, or BFR'ed, or any number of tactics that will defeat the Titan before he can even BEGIN to take any action, and (B) on the one in a million, freak, off chance that Thanos got a bit of a TP blast in, Superman's lengthy record of resisting everything from Asmodel's Light Of Heaven to Despero's TP assault in JLA 118 ensures that Thanos can't "one shot" TP Supes, and will subsequently be dealt with by the number of tactics at The Man Of Steel's disposal ANYWAY.

Now we come to the nonsense that you've "repeatedly told me" (you still think something is so BECAUSE YOU SAY SO; that doesn't ever stop being amusing)-"Clark has failed to show he can bust a planet with his fists". If you are really still claiming Superman can't bust a planet, add that to the loooong list displaying you have no credibility. Superman has smashed things just under planet level (effortlessly one shotting a moon in Lex Luthor 2000 http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/7604/1763770-superman___lex_luthor_2000__28_.jpg, rendering the claim he couldn't do the same to a planet preposterous), and smashed things MORE durable than a planet (including Soulfire Darkseid).

In post 1391 I gave Superman feats in the ballpark, comparable, and superior to Thanos' durability feats so your going through them again is much like your posts in general-pointless. Not to mention, I see what being in a Black Hole did to Thanos here

No Caption Provided

but since it shows him not as invincible as you claim, it magically doesn't count because---because---oh, just because! Supes, of course, was in one but had not a mark on him.

You "clearly explained" Kal's nano second feats aren't legitimate"? Uh, no you didn't. You typed a bunch of superfluous words to say "Nuh Uh!" In your own, personal, delusional universe you "explained" something, sure---but not in the reality based community.

Superman didn't "zip through" Soulfire Darkseid, a being who PHYSICALLY withstood trauma from The Source, the entity powering ALL the super humans, Gods, and higher beings of the DC Universe; he SMASHED through him, meaning he would definitely smash through the less durable Thanos, and-

-Wha---? Did you just say "Oh, dear"?

(SERIOUSLY, are you---nothing.)

Trying to lowball Superman by using his battle with Wonder Woman doesn't work because (A) she has formidable durability in her own right, since she has withstood two Imperiex Probe explosions one after the other and Probes contain a portion of the Big Bang; tanked a point blank attack of Nekron's body and soul destroying magic lightning http://imgur.com/a/6vXDWresisted a black hole and, like Superman, except for saying "uuuh" tanked blasts from The Void Hound when it was trying to kill herhttp://imgur.com/a/ZvaG2 (just a test run of it's blasts destroyed 10 Star Systems in one go http://i.imgur.com/2gREOpX.jpg) and (B) despite her durability, the condition Diana was in after two epic battles with The Man Of Steel (Wonder Woman issues 174 and 219) indicates she was far from "fine".

Now we come to the examples of Thanos being affected by beings weaker and FAAAR slower than Superman, which shows Kal could affect Thanos MUCH worse. And your excuse is---

"THEY'RE LOW SHOWINGS!"

DING DING DING DING! There is your "debate" tactics in a nutshell. When Superman shows vulnerability or feats below his usual standards it's the GOSPEL TRUTH according to you, and overrides any and every extraordinary feats he performs (You don't use lowball tactics on Supes? You just tried to do it by mentioning his battle with Diana-yikes, you now can't remember what you write from one SENTENCE to the next; and you just don't merely LOWBALL Superman, you take it even further because according to you, EVERY example of Supes' exhibiting prowess that shows he can handle Thanos you "don't count" at ALL, causing one user hla8 to correctly describe you as "trolling").

Yes, EVERY sub par effort Kal shows is GOSPEL TRUTH to you, but when Thanos does it, it's a "low showing"---it's "out of context"---"the dog ate your homework"---Yada Yada Yada. As you pointed out, Thanos even had had a bit of a boost from the Infinity Gauntlet, yet was STILL knocked on his a$$ by Eric Masterson. Yet somehow, a NON AMPED Thanos won't be affected AT ALL by the stronger, WAAAY faster Superman?

I just told you to give up the comedy routine. You're STILL AWFUL at it.

Now, as was pointed out to me previously by another poster (in a non snarky manner, as should be done in a meaningless discussion about FICTIONAL characters) the Hulk-Thanos battle took place on the mental plane. Considering the numerous, jaw droppingly wrong things you have babbled over the course of this thread (Supes hasn't resisted Black Holes, he has "NO" TP resistance, etc.) you claiming any high ground would certainly be like a cloud calling a snowflake white. That ONE incident doesn't alter my point one iota-that weaker and slower beings have affected Thanos, so Superman will have no problem doing worse. I can easily substitute that incident with this

No Caption Provided

Thanos-even with The Infinity Gauntlet boost-is clearly sent flying by Hulk and Drax's blows, just as he was sent flying from attacks by Masterson. Superman has the FTL speed and super human stamina to keep attacking INDEFINITELY, not giving Thanos a chance to recover.

It doesn't matter what you have falsely CLAIMED-"like ten times now" ("like"?? Like, totally, dude! Yep, definitely a kid) Superman will use his super speed to do everything from pummel him with Soulfire Darkseid and reality itself altering blows to counter vibrate him into oblivion before the Titan can BEGIN to think about reacting. No "mindwipe" or anything else will occur; the only thing that will happen is Thanos will receive what Kal dishes out and not be able to do anything but take it.

The only "genius" thing about you is your extraordinary ability to be such a complete, total, and UTTERLY epic fail poster.

Speaking of epic fails-"Moderators! Moderators! Help me! People are being rude to me!" As I said before, my posts are available for all to see, and I stated nothing even REMOTELY like what you claimed, as I detailed previously. The fact that anyone can see what I ACTUALLY posted-and you typed the above ANYWAY-exposes all one needs to know about you.

You haven't given a defense against Superman offensively vibrating Thanos anymore credible than your classically inane, non sensical "mumbo jumbo" dodge. Surviving reality warping-something Superman has done, for that matter-does not protect the Titan from his exact frequency being matched, then counter vibrated into oblivion. Darkseid couldn't resist it, a far more molecularly complicated, far larger, omniverse threatening PLANET couldn't resist it, and neither can the knocked-on-his-a$$-by-Eric Masterson-even-though-he-had-an-Infinity Gauntlet-boost Thanos. The only way for Thanos to survive is for Lady Death to resurrect him.

Now we come to the infamous "blah blah blah" line you used because you STILL have no answer for your Darkseid and Mongul facepalm. YOU asked about them (I didn't bring them up FIRST, YOU did) and despite all your futile attempts to talk around it, you STILL have no explanation to rationalize it away! Your "response", when your superfluous words are cut out is STILL---"blah blah blah".

Truly pathetic.

This is an all time keeper for classic, infantile, loud and wrong lunacy. That alone validates my last minute decision to keep responding to you as it is clear you will be a source of amusement for as long as I choose.

(Uh-you do realize I'm not seriously "debating" you at this point, just dealing with you for the entertainment factor, right? I bet if you respond, you'll go all "I know you are but what am I" mode and claim that's what YOU'RE doing, amIright??)

SMH.

What's next-ah, still saying resisting Asmodel's Light Of Heaven doesn't count BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, your go to "debating" tactic. Since that is not a credible defense, and I've dealt with that already, I'll skip to---

Wha-? Did you just write "you got the farcicals" and think that was clever? I mean, I'm sure you had time to review your words before hitting "send"---YET YOU ACTUALLY LEFT THAT IN ANYWAY?

Good GRIEF, kid. I told you before to cut the comedy routine; but that--That---THAT was just---JUST---

Oh, MAN.

You poor thing.

Let me mercifully move on to---

"---trades are a good way to go. Davis Bacon wages and all that jazz"

????????????????????????????

That not only has nothing to do with the topic of the thread-it as an attempt at a jibe of some sort that falls so flat it---it---

Sigh.

Seriously, kid. The stand up thing is just not working out (except of course, when you're trying NOT to be funny and you engage in one of your face palming babbling. THEN you're an absolute laugh riot).

I "haven't made an argument of note"-because (snicker) YOU say so.

BZZZZZZT!

Someone who willfully, blatantly ignores see with one's own eyes evidence is in no position to talk about making "arguments of note". You have not the credibility to make such a claim, Ms. "Got any Doomsday-Darkseid durability feats/I want to know about Clark---not them" Girl. Heh.

Oh, YES--we've come to one of my favorites, your denying yet another see with one's own eyes" scan. This is the FTL/Black Hole one.

I'll be happy to comment "on the final panel narration box #2 where it 'clearly' says just shy of the speed of light". "Clearly" you were being unnecessarily snarky and failing at being funny while SKIMMING, not READING and COMPREHENDING what was placed before you again, because "clearly", that was NOT the "final" narration box---'CLEARLY" right after the "just shy of the speed of light" narration box, the next narration box "CLEARLY" says "and accelerating". "Accelerate" doesn't mean "stay at the same speed", it means-well, for a person that has displayed the reading comprehension difficulties you have, perhaps it's best to spell it out like this

ac·cel·er·ateəkˈseləˌrāt/verbgerund or present participle: accelerating

1. (of a vehicle or other physical object) begin to move more quickly."the car accelerated toward her"
    • increase in amount or extent."inflation started to accelerate"
      synonyms:speed up, go faster, gain momentum, increase speed, pick up speed, gather speed, put on a spurt More"the car accelerated down the hill"increase, rise, go up, leap up, surge, escalate, spiral "inflation started to accelerate"hasten, expedite, precipitate, speed up, quicken, make faster, step up, advance, further, forward, promote, give a boost to, stimulate, spur on; informalcrank up, fast-track "the university accelerated the planning process"
      antonyms:decelerate, slow down, drop, delay
    • Physics undergo a change in velocity.

So Superman "was just shy" of FTL, then he "accelerated"-meaning he went PAST "just shy" level to FTL (and possibly over). To escape, one has to hit FTL, and Supes did that-the seeming downside is the noble creature that was in there couldn't escape with him (though it did end up back in its own world wearing Kal's cape as a momento). And when confronted with another "see with one's own eyes" scan-this one of Supes resisting yet another black hole-instead of doing what a reasonable, non partisan person would do and concede the point you go to-you guessed it-the "Nuh Uh!" tactic again and make up the most absolutely RIDICULOUS reasons why it "doesn't count". "It's not big enough!" "It's not consistent!" What, no "it doesn't count" excuse like "the sun got in your eyes"? "You weren't ready yet"? Or some other non sensical, irrelevant excuse that doesn't change the fact that Supes has "clearly" resisted Black Holes? Why not go with "blah blah blah" again?

SMH.

A Black Hole is not something the man encounters every day; he really doesn't have a reason to deal with them "consistently". Yet the few times he has encountered one, he resisted it. So sorry, but no amount of "Nuh Uh!" games can change the fact that Supes can go FTL and resist a Black Hole.

Speaking of a Black Hole (no, no-not the space where your brain should be) that brings things to the Supes holding a Black Hole in his hand issue. I thought you couldn't POSSIBLY engage in another face palm as hilarious as your infamous Thanos & Doomsday Durability Debacle(TM)---yet, by golly, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN. Because of the time you waste on epic fail attempts at humor, you really can't keep straight what you write from post to post, paragraph to paragraph, even sentence to sentence! YOU brought up Superman holding a Black Hole in his hand FIRST, "Einstein"---I DIDN'T. So why, "pray tell", in the world are you asking me how "does that say anything about Supes and his ability to hurt Thanos" WHEN I NEVER SAID IT DID???

BWA HA HA HAH HEE HO HO HA HA HAH HA HA HO HEE HEE HO HA HA!

You've OUTDONE yourself in epic idiocy this time!

BWA HA HA HEE HO HA HA HAH HAH HA!!

Oh, MAN---it's like I said: you are at your ABSOLUTE FUNNIEST when you're NOT trying to be!

All I did-AFTER you brought up the subject FIRST-was quite effectively squash your attempts to lowball or dismiss Supes holding such power in his hand by labeling the feat as "goofy"; I said NOTHING about it having to do with fighting Thanos.

That was ALL YOU, "genius".

So you've asked for Darkseid and Thanos durability feats, then stated you want to "know about Clark---not THEM", and have followed that up by bringing up the holding a Black Hole in the hand feat and snarkily disssing an argument I DIDN'T MAKE! Another "blah blah blah" moment for you!

BWA HA HA HA HAH HAH HEE HO HEH HA!!

You are unending, comedy GOLD!!

Bwa Hah Ha---What's---Bwa Ha HA---what's n---HA HA HA HA HA! O-okay, under control now. What's next---ah, the Mageddon incident. Mageddon still "exploded", when it seems that Superman might have failed, a light emits, and Superman is shown undamaged and has disabled Mageddon- from Superman Homepage Mild Mannered Reviews-JLA Comics JLA #41) but it didn't do the damage it was going to do because Superman absorbed the method-anti sunlight-that would have made that possible. As for the matter of Superman having at least multi planetary durability, you have shown throughout this thread that your reading comprehension ability could use a little improvement (actually, LOTS of it, to be honest) so let me give you some helpful documentation on how large a galaxy is---

At an estimated 5.5 million light-years wide, over 50 Milky Ways could fit across it! And considering it takes our Solar System about 225 million years to complete a single revolution around the Milky Way… well… yeah. Galaxies are big. Really, really, really, really big! (UniverseToday.com)

How Big Is The Galaxy?

Here is a short video all about galaxies. Our Galaxy is named the Milky Way and it is such a big galaxy that we cannot measure it in miles or kilometers, as the numbers would be mind boggling. (Videojug.com)

ScienceBlogs.com

“Space is big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to space.” –Douglas Adams

Here inside the Milky Way galaxy, all you need are some dark skies and a decent set of eyes, and you’ll be greeted of a spectacular, close-up view of the galaxy you inhabit.(Scienceblogs.com)

See all that information from several different sources how big a galaxy is? So even if someone attempts to-falsely-lowball Superman as absorbing only as low as 5% of half a GALAXY, that's still multi planetary durability. But you're right, it's just ME saying it was ALL the anti sunlight being absorbed---except for http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/2000-post-crisis-reviews/c-review-2000.php?topic=jla41http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20104http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18097 and many more far too numerous to mention including Comicvine, the very site we are posting on http://comicvine.gamespot.com/mageddon/4005-11277/ not to mention all the people around the world who don't know each other, some of whom don't even particularly "like" Superman, have reached the same conclusion that-like Gravity and Climate Change-Superman absorbing ALL the anti sunlight is a FACT; and have stated as such in countless comment sections on countless pop culture and fantasy/fiction web sites.

But you-some petulant, run of the mill poster's opinion-is more important than all of these different sources world wide because---well, just BECAUSE. I guess when "majorities", or even just large groups of people state something you disagree with, THEN it doesn't matter or doesn't count, right Madam Hypocrite?

SMH.

In post 1391 I named feats that Superman-without even a power increasing sun dip- performed that are in the ball park, comparable, and superior to Thanos' durability feats.

Ah, we're back to the FTL speed that you keep futilely denying. I already debunked your "debunking" of Kal's FTL/Black Hole feat earlier, and there's more examples I could use, but I think for the purposes of this particular issue I'll just link to this thread http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/superman-165/supermans-top-speed-609267/ It features excellent dissertations on his FTL speed and reveals that, not just ME, but quite a few people know Kal is FTL including someone who, while they don't think Supes can beat Thanos and stated so in this very thread, agrees Supes is FTL

-#20 Posted by lvenger (26720 posts) - 2 years, 8 months ago - Show Bio

Pre Flashpoint's top speed numbers at multiple times the speed of light I believe.

No Caption Provided

So (A) your claim that Kal isn't FTL fast is yet another thing that you are-redundant to state at this point-WRONG about----

Really, REALLY, REEAAALLLLY wrong---

but (B) even if Supes was indeed "just shy of FTL"---that is MORE than too fast for Thanos to handle, making the "point" COMPLETELY MOOT!

And talk about long texts saying nothing-you typed a long blast of bile and snark, yet nothing you babbled can wish away that you hypocritically use Superman's STATEMENT of being less than FTL override his FEATS of doing so, but ignore SURFER'S statement of being able to move only NEAR FTL, which contradicts his FEATS of doing so. You don't have to go into a long diatribe about how fast Radd is, "brainiac"-everyone knows he's faster than FTL,that's not the point. The point is your hypocrisy in accepting "statements" overriding FEATS when it involves Superman, but not doing that when it involves a character you're not trying to lowball-like Surfer.

Yet you smugly think you "answered" something! You really do live in your own hermetically sealed universe!

Moving on to Emperor Joker and Soulfire Darkseid-now this part of your previous posts' prattle truly illustrates your complete lack of critical thinking skills. My mentioning Joker's being in space unaided was not to use that as the be all, end all example of his durability-it was to show that this RIGHT THERE proves your claim he has no worthwhile durability is incorrect, and already puts him at herald level; he surpasses that by instantly slaughtering the combined might of the JLA and having the durability to send the Earth flying miles through space-with enough force that it EXPLODED on impact-with a flick of his finger http://i.imgur.com/rwqwIgr.jpg That is not just a strength feat; try flicking a heavy steel ball with your finger for a layman's comparable example of the durability needed for Emperor Joker to pull of such a feat.

Now, are even YOU going to try to claim that a NON AMPED Thanos could just UTTERLY ignore, then wipe out such a COMBINED onslaught from the JLA? Are even YOU capable of trying to SERIOUSLY claim that a NON AMPED Thanos has the durability and strength to send a single being with the size and density of even Thor, much less something with the size and density of a PLANET miles through space, so fast and hard that it EXPLODES on contact---WITH JUST A FLICK OF HIS FINGER???

Yeah. You're a "genius", all right.

A genius at being an EPIC FAIL poster of UNPRECEDENTED proportions.

And Soulfire Darkseid was PHYSICALLY (not letting things go THROUGH, OVER or AROUND him, but PHYSICALLY) tanking trauma from The Source, who is powering not just one or two of the most powerful beings of the DC Universe, but ALL of them. Does your minuscule mind not comprehend how durable a being has to be to PHYSICALLY tank blasts and other assaults from an opponent, The Source, that is not holding back, and using all that power (described as "ripping reality") to try to OBLITERATE said being? Yet you claim to be a "genius"?

Sure, a genius---if "genius" meant "comprehension level below a two year old".

Seriously---from what you have displayed thus far, you would fail a freaking BLOOD TEST.

So once again for the comprehension impaired (that would be you) a Superman that can smash through two beings who have the durability feats showing they are FAR above a non amped Thanos can do FAR worse smashing to the Titans FAR less dense body.

Already dealt with Superman offensively vibrating Thanos earlier in my post. Your continued insistence that a being who-even while sporting a bit of an Infinity Gauntlet boost-can be knocked around by Hulk and Drax or get knocked on his a$$ by Eric Masterson-can't be counter vibrated to oblivion by a man who has counter vibrated a much larger, more molecularly complicated, omniverse threatening PLANET remains a HIGHLIGHT of your ineffectual "Nuh Uh!" games.

What's next-ah, your futile denials of the BFR techniques at Kal's disposal. First, there's no way to get around that your claiming I tried to "slip something by you" regarding Superman taking Thanos to The Source Wall was COMPLETELY and UTTERLY inaccurate-thus NOT "moot"-so you ignore this and don't acknowledge this COLOSSAL mistake (YOU---willfully ignore something---what a SHOCKING surprise)! Second, as has already been explained to you by me and others, Thanos moves slower than a statue to Superman's perceptions (maybe put scans of Supes/Flash, JLA/Faust) and as my link in post 1353 shows, Kal can move faster than thought itself. So before Thanos can BEGIN to get the notion to "mindwipe" the Kryptonian he will receive Soulfire Darkseid smashing level blows-scores, perhaps HUNDREDS of them-leaving him in too stunned a condition to have much of anything on his mind, much less focusing enough to use TP (and, considering the ratio between when Superman blitzes RIGHT OFF is FAR greater to when Thanos uses full power TP RIGHT OFF, that scenario is FAR more likely). Supes has enough TP resistance to show that if the Titan by some miracle managed to get off a stray TP blast, Kal could resist it and continue his assaults on Thanos at FTL superspeed (which could be expanded to heat vision going through the Titans retinas and blasting that brain further into submission, freezing it like Supes did to The Cannibal Planet's brain, counter vibrating Thanos' frequency, etc.). Thanos can then be superspeed rushed to The Source Wall-all the while continuing to be assaulted by the traumas I just mentioned, which would prevent Thanos from "mindwiping", "teleporting", or anything else. And your ignorance of of a fully powered DC Ares' power level is atrocious. A non amped Thanos, though valiant in his efforts, was clearly losing to Skyfather Odin, yet you think the Titan is on Skyfather DC Ares level (you must be confusing him with Marvel"s WAAAY weaker version of Ares, who even Namor defeated underwater PHYSICALLY). A little research would do you some good (although, considering what a master "Nuh Uh!" game player you are, probably not).

But the bottom line is, once placed on the Wall, Thanos will NOT be able to get off of it through strength, power, or teleportation. Thanos also cannot escape The Phantom Zone no matter what he tries as well; I'm sorry, but simply saying "Nuh Uh!" doesn't change that.

And speaking of things that your nonsense doesn't change---your ridiculous "answer" to my pointing out that this thread running for 8 years renders your assertion that only three or so people are advocating for Superman abysmally false is just SO jaw droppingly weak. This thread hasn't hung around this long because "everyone has a right to their point of view". There are multiple examples of threads on this site that have been shut down and locked within 4 or 5 pages-for that matter, within 4 or t POSTS-if it was felt no credible arguments were being made to justify a threads continued existence. For goodness sake, the mod that you FALSELY claimed I "ran to" said as much earlier in this thread when a user asked for this thread to be locked---so we can add yet another pile to the heap of rubbish you've built up.

Your claims that I am "rude" to "everyone" is hilarious. All anyone has to do is check out how I've interacted with Killemall, Goldchamp101, Jagernutt and others, and how I interact with people like you who are rude, snarky, or insulting to me first. As I said before, if someone is respectful to me, I am respectful to them in kind. If they are rude to me first, more than once, I give better than I get. Nasty individuals like yourself don't perceive it that way, because like most people with authoritarian personalities you can dish it out but you can't take it. You love to be on the dishing it out part of things, but it's suddenly "unfair" when you get it right back. Well, tough. Like a James Brown lyric says about "static" (trouble):

Don't START none.

Won't BE none.

Your claims that no credible arguments have been made for Superman winning because YOU SAY SO are not---credible.

Your "snoring", "lol" and "blah blah blah" retorts remain examples of what you do when you have no credible comebacks to points you can't refute.

Your claiming that you didn't mention one of my jobs as a way to insult me-when you did it again more than once in your last post is laughable (I guess this is more examples of you not remembering what you write from one post to the next and even what you write within the same post.

And using my interaction with Pooty as an example of my being "rude"? I simply asked him what I felt were pertinent questions regarding ignoring feats, and when he informed me that he took offense to something I wrote, I immediately let him know that wasn't my intention. If I was "rude" I would not have done so. And the only "others" I have dealt with harshly are those that-like you-were snarky, insulting, or "rude" to me first, more than once (one poster's opening correspondence to me was to call me a "fan boy"; yet despite that, I didn't hit him back hard or even AT ALL---I explained why he was in error to state that, and from then on the user conversed with me in a frank but respectful manner, and I did the same for him). And again, I did not initiate contact with a mod-they contacted me first. I just pointed out how I didn't "run to" mods when I've been initially insulted. Even when the mod told me to "flag" people when they act that way, I told the mod I don't make a habit of doing that because I give better than I get. So your claims that I got "flustered and ran to the mods" is like everything else you write---completely, utterly, and totally wrong.

My posts are available for all to see, so as I said before---(A) that you would try to get away with describing events the way you have reveals all one needs to know about you, and (B) simply because you don't like that I-a person who's view you disagree with-is proficient in giving better than I get is irrelevant.

You are simultaneously displaying your pronoun trouble and woeful lack of reading comprehension again---you are "whining" about the fact that I can defend my positions, and return snark, insults, or personal attacks instead of meekly accepting it, like your kind likes it.

TOUGH. What you like or don't like is not my concern.

Finally, you add to your Hyper Hypocrite legend by claiming I'M dramatic---while continuing to assert that a possible CAV with Killemall would be some kind of cataclysmic event---is an unfortunate, but devastating display of your lack of a life, not to mention your low maturity level. If you, or anyone else would be "like a large group of rowdy partiers having a blast" over something as utterly trivial and meaningless as a debate over FICTIONAL CHARACTERS---good LORD, that would be sad.

And pitiful.

And pathetic.

And, when you think about it---even a bit disturbing, that "defeating" someone who all you know about them is that they disagree with you about the outcome of a FICTIONAL fight between FICTIONAL characters is THIS important to you.

As I said, while a mostly fun, occasional past time, such discussions, in the long run, don't mean that much to me. And there is a long line of fellow users I regularly converse with on this site who apparently feel the same way-although we have had long, even tough disagreements about different battles they did not dissolve to the level of vitriol that you have lowered things to. Even if we end up disagreeing, we're right back on each others threads because discussing the merits of fictional characters is just not that monumentally important a subject to-you know-rational, well balanced people with even a sliver of rewarding, fulfilling lives.

Simply because you and others think it's "normal" to get in "heated arguments worse than over Politics, Religion and Sports" doesn't mean it is a legitimate thing to do. That's your problem right there-you think abhorrent behavior, because you can find others that act the same way, is "normal".

It is NOT.

By that "logic", any and all behavior is fine. We can go all the way to wife beaters, gang bangers, bank robbers and the like; any type of miscreants are "normal" because they can point and say "See---there's others like me so it's okay".

No. It's not okay.

Your "opposite world" mind set is further illustrated by the fact that to you, advocating for Superman winning because you disagree is "fanatical". But advocating for Thanos winning because you agree with that premise is right and true. When YOU keep tagging and responding, you're using your "normal" right to advocate for something as long as you see fit. When I or anyone else does the same in regard to Supes---it's "fanatical".

The arrogance, temerity, and sheer Cro Magnon level "logic" of this kind of attitude is unbelievable.

And once again, as anyone viewing my posts can see, I don't "insult" posters unless they insult me, often more than once, FIRST. The "mod" told me to "flag" people who insult me first, displaying yet again how I don't START any insults with users. I only "persist with the insults" to people like you, who insult me first. So again, and as usual, you're quite wrong---

as even a swift glance at how I converse with Killemall, Goldchamp101, et. al. and how I deal with people like you vividly illustrates.

So it still remains-as your last post so pitifully shows, you really are like the type of "fans" lampooned so precisely in the classic, brilliant Saturday Night Live/William Shatner "Get A Life" skit (your actually revealing that you are the kind of person that thinks that getting into "heated arguments" bigger than "Politics and Religion"-about fictional characters-is "normal" VIVIDLY illustrates that---you poor little thing) and it also still remains---

wha, you copied part of my standard closing paragraph (figures)---

due to VASTLY superior speed, enough TP resistance and durability that can withstand any attack Kal miraculously doesn't evade, devastating blows that can go through Emperor Joker (a being so durable he can send THE EARTH flying hundreds of miles through space until it explodes on contact with a FLICK OF HIS FINGER) and Soulfire Darkseid (a being that physically tanked full powered assaults by The Source) reality itself affecting heat vision, offensive vibrating (that has wiped out things FAAAR bigger and more molecularly complicated than Thanos-like an omniverse threatening planet) and two VERRRY effective BFR options:

SUPERMAN WINS.

Been to busy to respond until now, but---

@jagernutt if you read the above, you have seen how I detail that The Source is the being behind ALL the super humans, Gods, and Higher beings in the DC universe---yet Soulfire Darkseid was PHYSICALLY tanking The Source's attacks(see scans in post 1353) despite the fact that The Source was trying to kill him. That displays power AT LEAST at, and more probably beyond Kronos or Eternity. And Emperor Joker's durability is such that he can send the Earth hundreds of miles across space so hard that it EXPLODES on contact with a FLICK OF HIS FINGER (that's not strictly a strength feat; without the proper durability, he wouldn't have been able to so much as BUDGE the Earth one inch). I would say those are examples of durability FAR above a non amped Thanos---and Superman superspeed smashed through each of them, forcing them to regenerate. Figures-if The Flash and Zoom, despite their relatively fragile frames, can cause the damage their super speed IMPS do---when you add FTL speed with Superman's mass and power, the damage is incalculable. Add in the instances of weaker and slower characters affecting Thanos (even when he had an Infinity Gauntlet Boost) and the other ways Superman can harm Thanos that I detailed in my last post to you (post 1723) and I just don't think it's reasonable to honestly claim Superman has NO way to harm the Titan

@goldchamp101 this thread was started 8 years ago, so Post Crisis Superman is the version being used. If you read my comments to Jaggernaut above, I think you would agree that Soulfire Darkseid is more durable than Galactus. In comparison to the beings you featured in post 1722, I would say opponents such as Doomsday, Mongul, Bizarro, Black Adam, The 12th level robotic version of Braniac, General Zod, the savage, team busting Despero, the true, non jobbing, not an avatar Darkseid, Imperiex Prime, absorbing half a galaxy destroying amount of anti sunlight to deactivate Mageddon, and whole teams like The Elite, The Maximums (with Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Visions equivalents) The Anti Kryptonian Brigade (which included Mongul, Bizarro, and Neutron, three Superman level foes) and The JLA match up to the characters you showed. You were very agreeable and not doing what a lot of people do-being dismissive of Superman's feats during your conversation with @acrokat That's appreciated.

@reno117 you are quite correct that Thanos is capable of beating Kal, but Superman COULD win. That's what I've been saying. From my VERY FIRST POST, I stated Thanos can legitimately win---but the notion that he can "stomp" Superman or that Kal has NO chance to win-indeed, can't even turn the Titan's head (????) remains completely and UTTERLY ridiculous. Some people's idea of "debunking" me is willfully ignoring or dismissing any superb feats I list for Superman. EVERY feat that Supes performs showing he can handle Thanos is an "outlier" or in some absurd way "doesn't count", but ANY feats showing Thanos sub par is a "low showing". Interesting how that works.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1813  Edited By Goldchamp101

@theonewhoknows: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We're using Pre-crisis supes?

And here I thought we were using new 52.

I'm not sure if soulfire darkseid is more durable than galactus (He might be since dude tanked shots from the source) although supes cut him but he regenerated so he has a strong healing factor. I think he might be able to beat him in a fight though.

Now I agree that supes has a fairly good chance to win.

Also that post is long but really good.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101: I agree that, at this point in his continuity, I would not say N52 Superman could beat Thanos---he needs a few more years of feats.

Thanks for your feedback on my post, I appreciate it.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1815  Edited By Claymore1998

@theonewhoknows said:

@blackstaroblivion: I have to hand it to you. I didn't think you could ACTUALLY surpass your last ridiculous post with your next one.

But by golly, you DID.

INCREDIBLE.

Yet, like some kind of stereotypical spoiled, self centered kid you think I should just accept your crap without resistance. At least, I HOPE you are a kid-because if you're not, and behaving this way---

How truly sad for you.

My posts are in view for all to see. As anyone with even a Kindergarten level of reading comprehension (which clearly excludes you) can see, a user insulted me first, more than once, and when I gave them a taste of their own medicine, THE USER ran to the mods for "rescue". I simply pointed out the verifiable, anyone can read them examples of people violating site rules in posts to me, yet I DIDN'T "run to a mod".

I just told you to give up the comedy routine. You're STILL AWFUL at it.

Speaking of epic fails-"Moderators! Moderators! Help me! People are being rude to me!"

This is just downright unfair.

@god_spawn, @jashro44 , @mercy_, @renchamp , @jedixman , @sc , @wildvine, @pikahyper

Dear friend/moderator, the user above me is continuously mocking, vilifying me for rightfully contacting a moderator when the said user broke the rule and started calling me a "mindless, wild eyed, hard core nerds who can't be reasons with..."

No Caption Provided

After contacting the moderators Jashro44 was kind enough to show up and give him a warning. After that I have not replied to the user for 18 days yet the user still is making fun of me for going and "crying for help to the moderators".

I am sorry but I am seriously offended by this. Am I not allowed to tag a moderator when the user is clearly breaking the rules and directly insulting me which has nothing to do with the debate at hand?

Despite being warned once, the user is consistently calling people name, me more often than anyone else despite me not even replying to him. Could at least one of you step up for me in this regards, please?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this thread still going on??

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1817  Edited By jashro44

@theonewhoknows: Your posts contain several insults within them. There is no need to call people idiots, pitiful, or pathetic. Your aggressive attitude isn't necessary. I'm banning you for a week seeing as I've warned you about insults in this thread a while ago.

I'm also going to lock this thread seeing as its caused nothing but hostility, and so many rule violations its ridiculous.