Thanos vs Superboy Prime

Shattered Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Shattered Hand

Both at peak power but without other aids (i.e. infinity gauntlet or armour that absorbs red sun radiation). In a neutral dimension.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Iron Apollo

Thanos, if he would walk away from a fight with thor citing it as a bore to him, I think he would beat Superboy Prime

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Valkaad

Yeah Thanos takes this one.

Shattered Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shattered Hand

Thing is though I'd say Superboy Prime on the same level as Thor. It took two Superman's, the combined might of the Green Lantern corps AND being bathed in red sun radiation before he was finally beaten. AND he killed one of the supermen! Plus he can move plants and fly faster than the speed of light.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Martian

Superbody Prime is overrated. I didn't find him to be anything special but people made a huge deal out of him. Thanos takes him down.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By acewasp23

thanos has no chance. drax ripped out his heart with little effort and killed him. Superboy Prime is just another stupid superman rip, but he killed a ton of GL's, 1 superman, and another superboy. so with out any outside items like superboys power suit or any of Thanos many power items Prime has it hands down.
Post Edited:2007-06-30 22:17:34

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By acewasp23

Nobody says:

"Superbody Prime is overrated. I didn't find him to be anything special but people made a huge deal out of him. Thanos takes him down."

he is overrated and a bit of a whine A$$ plus he's another superman rip but as it stands he's the most powerful non reality warper in DC. and he's a lot stronger than Thor with out the Odin Force. name the last time Thor could move a planet.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian

Superbody Prime is just any alien with a temper. He is not some comicly powerful threat. The only reason he looked like he was powerful is cause everyone he faught was so much weaker. He killed a couple unkown titans and about of no name GL's. Heck Batman could take on the no name lantern's without prep. Then when any really muscle got in there he got taken out.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By acewasp23

He was a cosmic threat. did you read the Infinity Crisis.

He was going to restart reality by destroying Oa.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Martian

He was lame. He was just an angry alien. As soon as they realize what a threat he was he was taken out like nothing.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Martian

acewasp23 says:

"yeah he was lame he was another superman (superman is a h0m0) but he can still win. and he wasn't taken out like nothing. read the comics"
I read the comics. He took out some nobodies and then was pushed through a sun. Wow, that was hard. Thanos can stand up to his strength and speed. He has enough power in him to take him out. Like you said he is just a Superman and I believe in the Thanos vs Superman thread Thanos won.
NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By NiteFly

I'd have to go with the ever-purple skrully-chinned one on this one.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By acewasp23

if they had out side items thanos. but since drax the destroyer put his hand through thanos back and ripped out his heart (superboy prime is stronger and faster than drax) i think that prime would have it.

I'm in no way a superman fan, but i think prime could have it.

unless they had prep time and thanos knew more about Superboy prim.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Martian

acewasp23 says:

"if they had out side items thanos. but since drax the destroyer put his hand through thanos back and ripped out his heart (superboy prime is stronger and faster than drax) i think that prime would have it. I'm in no way a superman fan, but i think prime could have it. unless they had prep time and thanos knew more about Superboy prim."
From wiki:In issue #4 of "Annihilation," Drax displayed an ability heretofore unseen in any of his previous incarnations; while in close proximity to Thanos's body, his own body emitted a strange, form-fitting aura; shortly thereafter, he punched straight through the Mad Titan's chest with a single blow. Given the tremendous displays of Thanos's durability over the years and his ability to easily withstand the blows of far stronger opponents, it can only be assumed that the energy field that Drax manifested was designed for that purpose (although it remains to be seen just how useful the energy field would have proved in battle had Thanos not been rendered nearly helpless beforehand).
acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By acewasp23

Nobody says:

"acewasp23 says:
"if they had out side items thanos. but since drax the destroyer put his hand through thanos back and ripped out his heart (superboy prime is stronger and faster than drax) i think that prime would have it. I'm in no way a superman fan, but i think prime could have it. unless they had prep time and thanos knew more about Superboy prim."
From wiki: In issue #4 of "Annihilation," Drax displayed an ability heretofore unseen in any of his previous incarnations; while in close proximity to Thanos's body, his own body emitted a strange, form-fitting aura; shortly thereafter, he punched straight through the Mad Titan's chest with a single blow. Given the tremendous displays of Thanos's durability over the years and his ability to easily withstand the blows of far stronger opponents, it can only be assumed that the energy field that Drax manifested was designed for that purpose (although it remains to be seen just how useful the energy field would have proved in battle had Thanos not been rendered nearly helpless beforehand)."

so it made him bout as stron as superboy prime. lol

dude i don't really care who would win. if they ever did have this i would want thanos to win. but since there in a neutral universe so no red sun, no kryptonite prime, and none of Thanos's items i think prime would have it.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Martian

acewasp23 says:

"Nobody says:
"acewasp23 says:
From wiki: In issue #4 of "Annihilation," Drax displayed an ability heretofore unseen in any of his previous incarnations; while in close proximity to Thanos's body, his own body emitted a strange, form-fitting aura; shortly thereafter, he punched straight through the Mad Titan's chest with a single blow. Given the tremendous displays of Thanos's durability over the years and his ability to easily withstand the blows of far stronger opponents, it can only be assumed that the energy field that Drax manifested was designed for that purpose (although it remains to be seen just how useful the energy field would have proved in battle had Thanos not been rendered nearly helpless beforehand)."
so it made him bout as stron as superboy prime. lol dude i don't really care who would win. if they ever did have this i would want thanos to win. but since there in a neutral universe so no red sun, no kryptonite prime, and none of Thanos's items i think prime would have it. "
As the thing said, we don't know what the energy does. Maybe its like a kryptonite or red sun for Thanos? So maybe it didn't acutally increase Drax's strength at all but just made Thanos vunerable. Its possible, the only thing we know is this new ability allowed him to do it and it wasn't physical strength alone.
Shattered Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shattered Hand

Well Drax was specificially created to kill Thanos so I doubt it was a burst of strength and alot more like Thanos' kryptonite. I'd give it to Thanos but he'd definately feel it.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Thanos.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the creator

Siperboy Prime wins. His speed, reaction time, endurance, invulnerability and strength are massivly beyond those of Thanos. If Superboy Prime can move even a small moon (let alone a planet) his strength is thousands of times greater than Thanos's. Superboy's speed is also so much greater than Thanos's that he would have hit him thousands of times before Superboy could react. In a straight fight, it is likely that the only way Thanos could hurt Superboy would be to use his Psionic blast power and after the first blast, Superboy would punch him to oblivion.
Post Edited:2007-07-02 07:33:58

bigtime88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bigtime88

Superboy Prime wins.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Satyrquaze

Superboy-Prime was defeated by the Flashes... I think Thanos could also deal a defeat to Superboy-Prime.

Superboy-Prime proved to be quite childish and easily manipulated, and Thanos is quite good at manipulating others.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sync

superboy prime burns a s right on thanos chest.

"imo" i feel its sad that peopleb think he overatted, he a villian, one of supermans villians at that, so it kind of justable that they give him the level of power he has. Add that he knows a little more about himself and powers but lacks self control i say its a fair trade.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeSAW

Gravediggin..........................................

SBP or Superman prime will neal before Thanos with or without an upgrade

Bump

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Apparition

this isnt very fair to thanos.  poor guy.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SeSAW

Thanos wiil own his immatue azz.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator

No prep time, Thanos goes down.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
Apparition said:
"this isnt very fair to thanos.  poor guy."
Agreed. Poor Thanos indeed.
mkdeadpool2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mkdeadpool2

im gonna have to go with thanos but it would be close

HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HalJordan1986x

Without PrepTime Thanos dies horribly
With Prep Time has has a solid chance

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Braise

Agreed.
HalJordan1986x
said:

"Without PrepTime Thanos dies horribly
With Prep Time has has a solid chance"
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SeSAW

Never all Thanos has to do is exploit one of his weaknesses

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By warlock360

Prime

@Fantasma: sporting Dracula now are we? :P

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Matezoide2
Thanos is too much for Super Boy Prime.
Thanos killed the Silver Surfer with his physical strength in one page (Thanos later revived him),SuperBoy Prime couldnt do that to SuperMan.
Besides Thanos haves high level telepathic power.
Thanos ftw
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By never give up

Superboy Prime.

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LordCosmicKing
Matezoide said:
"Thanos is too much for Super Boy Prime.
Thanos killed the Silver Surfer with his physical strength in one page (Thanos later revived him),SuperBoy Prime couldnt do that to SuperMan.
Thanos ftw
"
1. most people forget about his high level telepathy and can mind control people......
2. thanos can also completely drain SBP energy from his body
3. thanos also has his eye beams that can kill,  and obliterate  and should be able to at least stun SBP for him to exploit the opportunity...
4. matter manipulation can creates shields or transmute being to different types of matter or depower him,,

Thanos FTW
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By warlock360

doest that only apply with the Gems

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordCosmicKing

no, he did all that without them......
transmute energy manipulation: drained ppls life force as well as cosmic energy and created his own pantheon of Gods with his power, turned a skrull to stone by looking at him....
eye beams: destroyed galactus enforcers the punishers , as well as kill an alien by looking at him...
telepathy: turned the Fallen into his herald, as well as lobotimized  kosmos

if you like i can post scans  for you i can re edit this post........

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Matezoide2
LordCosmicKing said:
"Matezoide said:
Thanos ftw
"
1. most people forget about his high level telepathy and can mind control people......
3. thanos also has his eye beams that can kill,  and obliterate  and should be able to at least stun SBP for him to exploit the opportunity...
4. matter manipulation can creates shields or transmute being to different types of matter or depower him,,

Thanos FTW
"
thanks for lending me a hand at this topic
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LordCosmicKing
Matezoide said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"Matezoide said:
Thanos ftw
"

Thanos FTW
"
thanks for lending me a hand at this topic"

.no problem,    have a feeling people are going to want scans for this i came prepared......... thanos with a power gem to back up his natural abilities would automatically put him in the abstract panteon.....
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By never give up
LordCosmicKing said:
"Matezoide said:
Thanos ftw
"

Thanos FTW
"
Drain energy they tried that before...
Superboy Prime has fists that can knock Thanos out...
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LordCosmicKing

the amount of energy in SBP body has, is not even an appetizer to the amount of energy Thanos is accustom to absorbing within seconds...... and thanos has yet to be knocked out by someone of SBP level strength ......  warrior madness thor with the power gem couldnt do it nor could kosmos........either of them  surpass SBP in the power level department easily..

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By never give up
LordCosmicKing said:
"the amount of energy in SBP body has, is not even an appetizer to the amount of energy Thanos is accustom to absorbing within seconds...... and thanos has yet to be knocked out by someone of SBP level strength ......  warrior madness thor with the power gem couldnt do it nor could kosmos........either of them  surpass SBP in the power level department easily.."
So thor is stronger than Superboy Prime...

Superboy Prime=Silver Age Superman

The amount of energy he has is a lot...
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LordCosmicKing

the more SBP prime exerts himself the faster his body eats up its stored energy... and the weaker he becomes.. add thanos absorbing his  energy and he won't be much of a threat........

thor with warrior madness with power gem surpasses SBP so yes.....

superboy energy reserve if you seen him in his comics is not alot and runs out very quickly in a nuetral dimesion he will go down hard........

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By never give up
LordCosmicKing said:
"the more SBP prime exerts himself the faster his body eats up its stored energy... and the weaker he becomes.. add thanos absorbing his  energy and he won't be much of a threat........

thor with warrior madness with power gem surpasses SBP so yes.....

superboy energy reserve if you seen him in his comics is not alot and runs out very quickly in a nuetral dimesion he will go down hard........"
The weaker he comes...He fought entire teams and he looked just fine to me also he did not need a HOTU or a IG to fight entire teams.
How would thanos absorb his energy if Superboy Prime just punches him in the face or also blitz him.  Don't bring up him beating Silver Surfer because I have never seen Silver Surfer move at top speed and fight Thanos.  Thor can push planets at high speeds then.
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By never give up
Can you stop editing and simply post again.
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By never give up
LordCosmicKing said:

superboy energy reserve if you seen him in his comics is not alot and runs out very quickly in a nuetral dimesion he will go down hard........"
So he gets tired fast....
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Matezoide2

Thor with a gem that gives you near unlimeted strength (Titania with it could hold She-Hulk with an army easier than you or me can kill an ant,if you wanna proof search at Titania gallery theres a picture like that there) couldnt took down Thanos,why you think SBP could?
also Thanos IS super fast and can teleport,how you know Thanos didnt move fast enought to catch Silver Surfer every time they fought?dont have proof,but also YOU dont have a proof that Silver Surfer wasnt moving at his amazing speed

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By never give up
Matezoide said:
"Thor with a gem that gives you near unlimeted strength (Titania with it could hold She-Hulk with an army easier than you or me can kill an ant,if you wanna proof search at Titania gallery theres a picture like that there) couldnt took down Thanos,why you think SBP could?
also Thanos IS super fast and can teleport,how you know Thanos didnt move fast enought to catch Silver Surfer every time they fought?dont have proof,but also YOU dont have a proof that Silver Surfer wasnt moving at his amazing speed"
Silver Age Superman has unlimited strength

Silver Age Superman =Superboy Prime
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LordCosmicKing
never give up said:
"Matezoide said:
"Thor with a gem that gives you near unlimeted strength (Titania with it could hold She-Hulk with an army easier than you or me can kill an ant,if you wanna proof search at Titania gallery theres a picture like that there) couldnt took down Thanos,why you think SBP could?
also Thanos IS super fast and can teleport,how you know Thanos didnt move fast enought to catch Silver Surfer every time they fought?dont have proof,but also YOU dont have a proof that Silver Surfer wasnt moving at his amazing speed"
Silver Age Superman has unlimited strength

Silver Age Superman =Superboy Prime"
your statement is flawed SBP does not have unlimited strength hence the need of his power suit to supply him energy....

Thanos again  has more option to take down SBP