Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

KO or kill to take a win. No bfr,no morals.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam and Shazam get trounced on. Despero does better but falls eventually.

LukaDoncicmvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos loses if he fights them at da same time.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think without prep or the IG that the team takes the majority.

Despero pawned Superman and Shazam; the same Superman that has gone toe to toe with Darkseid, who we tend to say is more or less equal to Thanos. And while Superman loses the bulk of those run ins for sure against Darkseid, to see him greatly outmuscled by Despero shows he’s no joke either. Adding in the other two only gives him more of a chance.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Despero TPs right off the bat, or Thanos one shots him with an energy blast and manages to stomp the other two.

PanzerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos kicks their ass.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos wins

D_AeroFlame_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about Despero, but either Shazam or Black Adam could solo.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam and Black Adam get lolstomped. Don't know much about Despero but I heard his TP is the only truly impressive thing about him.

Lol at Shazam and BA soloing.

D_AeroFlame_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: We can do a CaV on it if u think you can take me. BA vs Base Thanos

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanos one shoots Billy and Teth then proceeds to pimp slap Despero.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d_aeroflame_z: I know you are not talking to me, but... But Black Adam is supposed to be below Superman and I've seen people argue Thanos is above Supes...

I just don't see how BB could stand to the Titan.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: We can do a CaV on it if u think you can take me. BA vs Base Thanos

No thanks. I don't do CAV's, especially mismatch ones.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d_aeroflame_z: You could ask people like Cull_Obsidian, FinalKingThanos etc who know much about Thanos to CaV you, however I don't think they would accept, considering that you will most likely lose that CaV. Not because I think you can't hold your own in a debate (not seen you debate so that is why I say this), but because the debate would be one-sided as there really are no arguments for BA to actually win.

OT: Thanos would 3-shot tbh.

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By BruceRogers

@d_aeroflame_z: Why CAV? You can just make your case here if you like. Explain how someone's whose best quantifiable feat is destroying a shield that could withstand the asteroid impact, that killed the dinosaurs, can beat a guy who has destroyed planets twice. First time by wrestling with Drax.

Not sure what you mean by base Thanos? Do you think the gauntlet is standard gear for him or something?

Cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d_aeroflame_z:

Black Adam soloing? That's not even decent trolling. That's too obvious of a bait

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@byondeon: Cull's banned and FinalKing isn't knowledgeable in any particular character

OT: Despero can likely drop Thanos with telepathy.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Well, not been here for like a few days, so don't know what the f**k is happening. But FinalKingThanos is knowledgeable on Thanos, why I mentioned him. Was unaware about Cull.

And I can mention a few others but didn't feel the need to do so.

You are also wrong about Despero dropping Thanos with TP

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Despero can obviously drop Thanos with TP in a prolonged fight, unless you wanna pull out his RT and give me the same contextless, non cited feats I've heard a million times.

Considering your argumentation style essentially draws up to "no he doesn't" and statements, I imagine this might not occur

jc9865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team takes it

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero solos.. unless he’s taken a huge hike in power.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos threeshots. His TP is arguably above Despero's so no help there.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero solos

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

despero solo

D_AeroFlame_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: My argument from Black Adam soloing comes from him being a consistent match for Superman in terms of reaction speed (Superman being able to consistently react to beings who can cross time through sheer speed and being able to stop reality blitzing, timeline cleansing missiles), and being able to tank punches from Superman when he isn't holding back, and being able to hurt him right back. Superman has done some crazy stuff such as being able to hurt beings like Orion and Darkseid, and is Black Adam is also stated to hit harder than Shazam, who is able to shake a Star System with his blows as he did in his fight with Lobo.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos in a tough fight

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Despero TPs right off the bat, or Thanos one shots him with an energy blast and manages to stomp the other two.

This.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: LOL. If that's how actually consistent he is then Thanos literally oneshots him. I also saw a scan where he was hurt by sharks.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d_aeroflame_z: But the thing is, you don't have to be a speedster to tag or fight Superman. Non-speedsters (bricks especially) have managed that just fine. He doesn't always use his speed in combat. If you want to scale BA's speed to his, you need to use a fight where he is explicitly using it. That will be like me saying a) Surfer has stopped time and reacted in nanoseconds b) Thanos wrecked him while holding back c) Thanos can counter time stop and has nanosecond+ combat speed. Hell, even the Celestials of all people have punched and parried billions of times per second. That doesn't mean Thor, Reed, Susan, She-Hulk and anyone who has fought them can fight that fast.

BA might show some neat speed feats now and then, but he fights like a brick with flight >90% of the time. No different than Thor or Silver Surfer and Thanos wrecks them everytime. BA is not gonna fare any better.

BA is powerful enough to hang with Supes for a while, but he is still physically inferior. By his own admission, a small moon shattering punch from Clark would have killed him. Compare that to a dude who has casually shattered planets and wrecked guys who can tank planet busting attacks (by the same writer).

I'd put Orion and Darkseid below Thanos anyway, so not sure if scaling them to Superman and then scaling Superman to BA is gonna work. Thanos on the other hand wrecks S-tiers and heralds on a regular basis, wrecked Lord-Marvell (who himself has trounced an amped Magus and Surfer + Nova Prime at the same time later) and has gone toe to toe with Odin and depowered Tyrant. Scaling and individual feat wise he has done far better than BA. Seriously, there is no reason why he wouldnt give him the Surfer or Thor treatment.

When has Shazam shaken a star system fighting Lobo? They did no such thing in Legion #31. Or Lobo vol 2 #50, which was a dream sequence and wouldn't count either way.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@takenstew22: @underfire47: Guys, check this out...He literally roared in pain after Aquaman poked him with a stupid rebar. Despero is indeed powerful regarding his physical strength and TP, but sadly his durability is trash.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Shazam and Black Adam get lolstomped. Don't know much about Despero but I heard his TP is the only truly impressive thing about him.

Lol at Shazam and BA soloing.

Despero is in the same league physically as MMH - not Superman. Thanos would likely drop him before his TP would take him down.

• Got one shotted by Superman's heat vision
  • Got damaged by Hawkman
  • See above, Despero got easily pierced by a random metal rod thrown by aquaman
  • He also got nearly stomped by sharks moments later
  • Struggled physically with MMH
  • Boasted about being able to trade blows with J'ohn

All pre 52.

In new 52 onwards he has worse showings iirc.

Giojoestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos solos FRA

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos slaps them

D_AeroFlame_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: So, a few things. Superman has explicitly stated that he doesn't hold back against Black Adam, so it would only logically follow that he is going to be fighting as hard as he can against him. He's not going to be holding back, letting blows land on him, etc. And reacting in nanoseconds+ isn't anywhere near as impressive as reacting to missiles that were going to simultaneously strike every single instance of time within a given reality. That'd be an immeasurable speed feat for Superman, whom Black Adam can react to.

Shazam is shown here to be able to shake the Cosmos in his fight against Lobo.

No Caption Provided

And then we have a statement that Black Adam is able to hit even harder than that from Superman, who has fought the both of them.

In regards to the moon splitting statement, it's actually never stated by either of them that it would have killed Black Adam. Superman simply says that it was quite a risk, and Adam just doesn't address it. Nothing in that conversation suggests that the blow would've been able to kill him. Not only that, it wouldn't make it sense. Superman claimed, himself, to not be holding back through the entire fight, and even attacked Adam while rage amped, and Adam pretty much tanked everything Superman had to throw at him. I don't think that is really any evidence to suggest that Black Adam is inferior to Superman. I'd actually argue Black Adam is consistently more powerful than Superman. But that's not what I'm here to argue for.

From what I've shown, Black Adam is blatantly more powerful than Shazam, who has, himself, a feat of shaking the cosmos. The Cosmos is defined as the totality of everything, all of the universe, and shaking it is, I believe, a multi solar system level feat. Superman and Shazam both have multiple planetary level feats, with Superman stating on multiple occasions that he can shatter worlds, and Black Adam slugged it out with Supes and had a very distinct advantage. What this means is that Black Adam should have a huge speed advantage, and unless I'm given some wild strength feats for Thanos, I'd say he currently has sthe strength advantage as well via scaling above both Shazam and Superman.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BruceRogers

@d_aeroflame_z:

Just few things. Superman has explicitly stated that he doesn't hold back against Black Adam, so it would only logically follow that he is going to be fighting as hard as he can against him. He's not going to be holding back, letting blows land on him, etc.

And yet, Superman believes Adam is taking a risk by trying to tank a moon splitting punch. A statement Adam never refutes. The implication being that it would either kill him or injure him very badly. I don't see how him not holding back invalidates this? Superman doesn't always punch with planet busting force, y'know. Maybe this writer believes his non-holding back punch can only split the moon.

And reacting in nanoseconds+ isn't anywhere near as impressive as reacting to missiles that were going to simultaneously strike every single instance of time within a given reality. That'd be an immeasurable speed feat for Superman, whom Black Adam can react to.

The Celestials I mentioned? They didn't just punch billion+ times per second -- they were fighting on countless planes of reality at once. Going by your scaling logic, Thor, The Avengers, The F4 etc can all fight like that because they have fought (if not beaten) Celestials that one time. Then so does Thanos, who has fought them. Then there is time stop, which going by your scaling logic again, Thanos is immune to because he has fought Surfer who stopped time once.

Let's not be ridiculous now. Black Adam's best speed feat would be barely keeping up with Jay Garrick who explictly cannot run or fight faster than light on his own. In the second instance, Jay, who was borrowing Adam's speed to attain light speed, notes that Adam's strength and speed starts to fail him at mach 500. Which part of that screams nanosecond+++ timer to you? And these are his best feats that I know of. He has been tagged by everything from street levellers to arrows to rocks. He fights like a tanky brick more than 90% of the time. So does Superman tbh.

Scaling is fine and dandy, but it needs to make sense. Lot of people have reacted to Superman -- street levellers included. One need not be a speedster to do that. If you want to scale Adam off from Supes, you need to know how fast they were fighting in that instance.

Shazam is shown here to be able to shake the Cosmos in his fight against Lobo.

Um, 'cosmos rocked by the sound of battle' is clearly a colorful reference to the war of the gods -- a bloody war fought by many different gods on heaven, Earth...the cosmos. Nobody is literally shaking the universe lol. I am pretty sure that the scan you posted is a reference to Legion 31 (as I mentioned before), where the only explicit collateral damage from their fight included some bar chairs, a ceiling and maybe an asteroid.

Colorful language, hyperbole, figure of speech etc were a dime a dozen in older comics. Especially from Thor. You could barely go a few issues without hearing about how the universe/cosmos is being shaken, is shivering, torn, threatened etc. Its not meant to be taken literally.

And then we have a statement that Black Adam is able to hit even harder than that from Superman, who has fought the both of them.

A baseless statement. Superman has better feats and a far better track record. And he holds back. Adam does not.

In regards to the moon splitting statement, it's actually never stated by either of them that it would have killed Black Adam. Superman simply says that it was quite a risk, and Adam just doesn't address it. Nothing in that conversation suggests that the blow would've been able to kill him.

Quite the risk still means that even if he doesnt die, it would cause him great harm. The implication is that its not something he can just shrug off. That still doesn't bode him well against someone who destroyed a planet by simply wrestling Drax and destroyed one again by punching his Phoenix amped son through it.

Not only that, it wouldn't make it sense. Superman claimed, himself, to not be holding back through the entire fight, and even attacked Adam while rage amped, and Adam pretty much tanked everything Superman had to throw at him.

Why wouldn't it make sense? Superman doesn't always punch with planet levels of force you know. Sometimes it is much lower.

I'd actually argue Black Adam is consistently more powerful than Superman. But that's not what I'm here to argue for.

He isn't. But yeah, debate for another time.

From what I've shown, Black Adam is blatantly more powerful than Shazam, who has, himself, a feat of shaking the cosmos.

He can be superior to Billy all he wants, its still not going to do anything against Thanos. Billy didn't shake anything -- addressed above.

Superman and Shazam both have multiple planetary level feats, with Superman stating on multiple occasions that he can shatter worlds, and Black Adam slugged it out with Supes and had a very distinct advantage. What this means is that Black Adam should have a huge speed advantage, and unless I'm given some wild strength feats for Thanos

Shazam has zero planetary feats that I am aware of. I am honestly struggling to remember a single solid, quantifiable high tier by him, that doesn't rely on scaling. Not saying he isnt a high tier though. Superman can shatter worlds? Cool -- so do the people Thanos fodderises on a regular basis. Since you are so hell bent on scaling.

Thanos nearly beat Surfer to death (he left him barely alive on purpose) under the same writer who had the herald no sell a clash that destroyed a planet as collateral. A massively rage amped Thor with the power gem could barely give Thanos a nosebleed by viciously hammering his face. Thor -- again, under the same writer -- destroyed a small planet by smacking Beta Ray Bill. That was before he stole the power gem from Drax. The same writer bit is important since it indicates their power level.

Tl'dr, We have Thanos who can not only destroys planets but has wrecked characters who can do that. And you think Black Adam, who has zero feats on such a level and several more to suggest otherwise, can solo him. Yeah no, Adam gets beaten to death.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos beats them, hes to powerful/durable for this team

Debonairian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Debonairian

@brucerogers said:

@d_aeroflame_z:

Tl'dr, We have Thanos who can not only destroys planets but has wrecked characters who can do that. And you think Black Adam, who has zero feats on such a level and several more to suggest otherwise, can solo him. Yeah no, Adam gets beaten to death.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Adam's power and durability levels, as well as his battles, have proven to be quite insane.

To build a larger impression on Black Adam, let's list out his feats:

Strength: It's needless to say Black Adam's strength reaches incalculable. He once effortlessly threw an aircraft carrier - hundreds of thousands of tons - miles across the sky, with one hand as if it were a football. Even more impressively, he helped move the moon with Sinestro, meaning he was pushing forward 73,430,000,000,000,000,000 tons. Merely clapping his hands together oneshotted Power Girl and Alan Scott, and this was while he was weakened and fatigued. During his fight with Superman - who he was holding back against -, he was taking and throwing hits with ease, and sometime in the fight actually overpowered Superman and hurled him across the air; this was all without using his magic. Overpowering others with his strength is actually a habit of his, i.e. there were several instances where the JSA combined and Captain Marvel failed to restrain him. Another impressive showcase is how Black Adam instantly ripped off the head of AMAZO, who contains the durability of the Justice League. But let's consider his strength some more. Superman himself stated Black Adam's punches had the impact of small bombs, and in that fight BA was holding back. Later, in 52, Black Adam strikes harder than the asteroid than killed the dinosaurs. Meaning, he struck harder than 100 million megatons worth of TNT.

Speed: When it comes to Black Adam's speed, everyone's always jumping to the "mach 500" feat. But he's actually much more than that. In the same comic of Black Adam running at mach 500, there's a later feat of Black Adam running at lightspeed. The only reason Adam was getting tired at mach 500 is because Jay was draining his speed. There's also an instance of Black Adam flying from the farthest reaches of the cosmos to Earth (the universe is 156 billion light-years wide) in a matter of 5000 years. It'd take us 37,200 years just to go one light-year, meaning Black Adam can fly on the level of at least lightspeeds, too. On a more mild level, he was once "seen" beheading someone faster than the mind could process. Hell, in his Dark Age mini-series, it seemed like his signature feat was dismembering people at FTE speeds. Adam also has some pretty good speedblitzing feats, having speedblitzed Power Girl and a bloodlusted Mary Marvel on separate occasions.

Durability: Probably the most important category here. Black Adam's durability is pretty solid. Anything you throw at him, physical or magical, never wears him down, and on rare occasion does it even harm him. Sadly I don't remember the name of the book, but there was an official encyclopedia listing him as "virtually indestructible." And there are feats that stand up to that claim. We'll start off with physical durability. There isn't one Kryptonian-level enemy he faced who he hadn't tanked (save for Ultraman, which was CIS). I'm talking about Power Girl, an angry Superman, and even Superboy Prime. He's been thrown to a planet once and flew right back in moments, unscratched. His physical stamina is also to be admired. He fought for 5 weeks straight in WW3, among millions of citizens, super scientists, and hordes of high-tier superheroes. It took being held down by Alan Scott's constructs, a mental restraint from Martian Manhunter, 2 others holding onto him, and magic lightning conjured from multiple magic users just to revert him back to his normal form because he simply couldn't be put down through battle. Next is durability against energy attacks. He's definitely heat resistant. Power Girl's full-powered heat vision did nothing to a weakened and fatigued Black Adam but scorch his hair. In another comic, her rage-fueled heat vision blasted him back, but he was back up moments after, unharmed. Martian Manhunter's point-blank heat vision may have melted Adam's face, but it didn't slow him down at all. Let it be known that both Martian and Kryptonian heat vision is millions of times hotter than the core of the Sun. Now let's compare his energy resistance to his "equals." Mary Marvel, with only a shared portion of Black Adam's power, was able to deflect Omega Beams with her fist. Billy Batson, who is weaker than Black Adam due to his power distribution, withstood being turned literally inside out by a space-time tesseract bomb, and took no damage whatsoever. Green Lantern energy also seems to have no effect on him, as seen in his encounter with Hal and Kyle. He also no-selled several of Stargirl's cosmic rod blasts, which contain the power of stars, while suffering from a tumor. And then finally, his magic resistance, which is imo his strongest suit. Even in a weakened state, he laughed off lightning from Doctor Fate himself. Mary Marvel's magic lightning was simply shrugged off by him, and at that time she was sharing his own power. Alan Scott's Starheart constructs are basically fodder to him too, a.k.a. the same magic able to destroy the solar system. In WW3, neither Raven nor a Homo Magi were able to affect Adam with their magic.

Magic: Black Adam's magic is also a key part of his power level. As his magic is God-given (lightning included), it's not hard to see why. Over the years, his lightning alone has damaged Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and an Unbound Spectre. His magic has also allowed him to heal from a specialized bullet wound in seconds, and turn a man to stone with a mere word. His lightning is used with a lot of versatility, whether it be conjured from the sky (in which it'd move at lightning-fast speed / mach 290), from his hands, around his fists, or from his chest emblem.

Battles: Lastly are the battles Black Adam has fought. Before I mention anything, let it be known that in WW3, Black Adam was not "amped" as some put it. Once Osiris died, all his power was given to Black Adam. But that was not Osiris' power, it was Black Adam's own power. This is because Black Adam shared his power to Osiris in order for him to be superhuman in the first place. And with Isis: her amulet did not amp Black Adam, but rather gave him new powers (aka her powers such as controlling nature) which he never even used. With that out of the way, back on topic. Black Adam is a certified teambuster. He outmatched the JSA on three separate occasions, he embarrassed the Titans, he embarrassed Doom Patrol, and he single-handedly fought the JSA and JLA during WW3. Besides teambusting, he's also pretty formidable one-on-one. Known for beating down a Wizard-powered Billy Batson while weakened, owning an embodiment of Death who was simultaneously powered by millions of souls, and owning Hawkman while weakened.

So overall, if Black Adam isn't beating Thanos, he certainly isn't getting stomped either.

LukaDoncicmvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for superiorsgbeast
SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers