#201 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio
#202 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: To put a full power healthy ready Thanos down Yes, yes you do

#203 Edited by HitTheAssasin (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: Thanks for the incredibly mature answer. Fact remains that Thanos doesn't have the speed feats to react to or properly percieve Midora, nor does he have the abilities to deal with Minority World, Gourmet Luck and Hungry Tongue and, if the fight drags on, Midora can use his Mirror Neurons to copy Thanos' powers.

Thanos has no feasible way to take him on, he's just....outmatched.

#204 Posted by SocaJunkie (8370 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: To put a full power healthy ready Thanos down Yes, yes you do

Come on, man.

@brucerogers If someone wanted to knock Thanos out what level of blunt force would they need to deliver?

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#205 Posted by hurricanefunnel (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: Thanks for the incredibly mature answer. Fact remains that Thanos doesn't have the speed feats to react to or properly percieve Midora, nor does he have the abilities to deal with Minority World, Gourmet Luck and Hungry Tongue and, if the fight drags on, Midora can use his Mirror Neurons to copy Thanos' powers.

Thanos has no feasible way to take him on, he's just....outmatched.

copy that

#206 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: Well I was pretty sure the 'Thanos wank' was aimed at me

He has and does react to flt combat speed and blitz speed, while it's not as fast as Midora, to say he wouldn't be able to perceive him when his old tech could perceive and react to The Runner with the space gem and TP react to a light speed blitz by spectrum

Your presuming that those abilities would even work on him, Minority world only affect the minority of atoms that are doing something different, how do you know that the atomic systems even work like that in Marvel?

Hungry space <<<Black hole

And pretty sure Thanos would need to have gourmet cells to be copied

Midora has no counter to TP

#207 Edited by HitTheAssasin (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Power Gem Thor, who has no feats above large planet/multi-planet level striking to my knowledge, was both tagging and hurting Thanos just fine. Considering Thor's speed, that's basically a bad joke.

#208 Edited by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Blunt force, well that different as not even Galactus could knock him out with energy, neither could odin

With blunt force it would take way more then planetary to knock him out see his fight with Thane

And the fact that he tanked a huge hit from Thor who has previously cracked moons with his powerful hammer strikes

Lastly Classic Drax who ripped apart a star with his bare hands couldn't even knock him out with force, the planet gave out after a while and Thanos was still conscious

#209 Posted by SocaJunkie (8370 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Blunt force, well that different as not even Galactus could knock him out,

With blunt force?

With blunt force it would take way more then planetary to knock him out see his fight with Thane

I've seen him get harmed by blunt force from characters who aren't Skyfathers.

And the fact that he tanked a huge hit from Thor who has previously cracked moons with his powerful hammer strikes

Cracking moons is nowhere near the level of power Midora can dish out.

#210 Edited by SocaJunkie (8370 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Power Gem Thor, who has no feats above large planet/multi-planet level striking to my knowledge, was both tagging and hurting Thanos just fine. Considering Thor's speed, that's basically a bad joke.

I figured, there's an insane amount of highballing going on here.

#211 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: lol he was smiling then mentioned 3 times he was bored of their encounter

Let's not forget that Thanos has since been amped

#212 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio
#213 Posted by SocaJunkie (8370 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: I must have edited it before you realised

I've seen the edits, and once again I have seen him getting harmed by characters with blunt force who aren't skyfathers unless you were to tell me every instance of that happening is an outlier.

#214 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Not at all, what do you consider hurt?

I never said only skyfathers can beat him, what I have always said is that to properly knock out or stomp a healthy game Thanos the output would need to be at the minimum skyfather or higher

#215 Posted by SocaJunkie (8370 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Not at all, what do you consider hurt?

I never said only skyfathers can beat him, what I have always said is that to properly knock out or stomp a healthy game Thanos the output would need to be at the minimum skyfather or higher

Right, I'll wait for Bruce.

#216 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: lol what for?

You also do relalise that he has survived multiple black holes

#217 Posted by HitTheAssasin (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: The part about the Thanos wank was more so aimed at everyone that thinks Thanos can win this easily.

As for the FTL reaction speed, I'll just go on a limb and say that's inconsistent. Characters like Thor and Hulk, who's combat speed isn't exactly anything special have never had any issues tagging Thanos in hand to hand.

Dude, Minority World works based on the square-root law, which is a real life thing. Look it up. Since the atoms in Marvel function more or less the same as in real life and the general assumption for fictional verses would be that things work like in real life unless there's specific reason to believe otherwise, I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Comparing a Black Hole and Hungry Space is fallacious, they're not similiar in the least. Hungry Space is an ability that devours you on an atomic level and Hungry Tongue is a physical attack that effects you an atomic level, a Black Hole doesn't have any mechanics known to us that would make tanking it equatable to tanking either of these attacks.

I don't think there's any evidence Mirror Neurons work only on Gourmet Cells, but it's been a while since I read Toriko.

As for TP, even Bambina, someone who's fodder to Midora in every possible way had intimidation on a level that could effect 32 billion humans thousands of miles away just by getting angry for a split-second. Unless you can show Thanos dealing with bloodlust on that level, trying to TP Midora won't end well for him.

#218 Posted by FaradaySloth (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora

#219 Posted by SocaJunkie (8370 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: lol what for?

Objectivity.

You also do relalise that he has survived multiple black holes

Yep.

#220 Posted by Gaoron (8298 posts) - - Show Bio

Lowballing on previous page hurts my brain lol

#221 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Its hard to say since he has no sold an expoding planet, taken hits from a greatly amped Thor with the power gem, Tyrant, Odin and so forth. I'll play it safe and say multi-planetary, but below solar system level.

#222 Posted by SocaJunkie (8370 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Its hard to say since he has no sold an expoding planet, taken hits from a greatly amped Thor with the power gem, Tyrant, Odin and so forth. I'll play it safe and say multi-planetary, but below solar system level.

Cheers, mate.

#223 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
#224 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora. Speed gap remains an issue and Thanos's blunt force durability is no where near as good as his energy durability.

#225 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: In all fairness though, a lot of the energy blasts he has tanked or withstood were the concussive sorts; thus virtually similar to a punch or kick.

#226 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16056 posts) - - Show Bio
#227 Edited by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: Surfer, Tyrant, Odin, Walker and Kosmos come to mind. I wont call them pure blunt force, but they certainly looked like they did blunt damage for the most part.

#228 Edited by Nomar (1741 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason I love Toriko is because the author goes out of his way to quantify as many feats as possible. Energy blasts in comics are so all over the place that it's impossible to know how much power is placed into them or even if it's an energy that is going to be any more effective than punching really hard. My major gripe while reading comics has always been that powers play a backseat to the story. The editorials are afraid to keep characters in their lanes. No matter how smart Batman is, he should be nowhere in the vicinity of a high tier fight. If someone brought bats to a Midora fight he'd be dead just by being in his presence. Comics throw too much sense out the window and it seriously irks me. That's why I always advise people to just debate anime/manga vs anime/manga and don't cross over. You can't win against decades of inconsistency. When you can go from being stammered by Cap level characters and made to bleed by people not even on Thor's level then in the next breath you wanna try to make a case for multi-planetary towards solar system durability. It's impossible to debate against that level of inconsistency.

#229 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: I dont they count as bkunt force. They might not have had massive explosions but they arent doing physicak damage like say a fist construct. More damage say somethinf like a laser would do.

#230 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar: You speak a lot of sense mate it is a question of consistency of course but do we just ignore the multiple black holes that Thanos has survived, especially considering one was written by his creator?

If a random guy punched Mike tyson in his prime, he would still feel it but there never a case for the guy hurting him

Many instances of being staggered are of course down to plot or PIS/CIS/WIS when Thanos is concerned as he has been portrayed consistently above herald team buster, at around transcendent - low skyfather level and even above when he has prep

But I do agree there is an issue with consistency when debating

#231 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: Lasers do heat damage but they most certainly dont level the evironment like that. It looked like a mix of blunt and heat. Like Cyclops's blasts.

#232 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: if its a mix of blunt and heat then it makes the feat less easy to use. As we dont know which does more of damage.

Also we dont know how much physical damage the energy blasts of these characters. You cant scale of their physcal strikes nor can you scale from their energy explosions.

#233 Edited by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: Actually I was only including heat due to the smoke we see coming from Thanos in the aftermath. Other than that, they seemed to function a lot like energy beams that do concussive damage.

#234 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: My second point still stands. We cant really quantify them. There is no damage to go on during the fights themselves either.

#235 Edited by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: what specific instances are you referring to?

Because there is absolutely concussive force behind some attacks not all are purely energy based

#236 Edited by EmperorThanos- (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: Im not referring to anything specific. Im saying the concussive force behind them is hard to determine.

#237 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: can't argue with that ;)

#238 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: let's carry on in pm, didn't want to reveal any counter yet due to my on going Thanos Midora CAV

#239 Edited by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora takes it from an objective view.

Would rather prefer Thanos to win but Midora is too versatile and has comparable stats to Thanos and is leaps and bounds faster.

#240 Posted by Doofasa (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

To the best of my knowledge Midora has no feats of resisting TP. That’s an easy win for Thanos.

And before anyone brings up a certain feat again, TP is not the same as empathetic ability.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#241 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7344 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora.

#242 Posted by FaradaySloth (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora has Thanos for dinner

#243 Posted by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora stomps.

#244 Posted by YhwachSOLOKING (307 posts) - - Show Bio

midora no diffs

#245 Posted by MindingMuffin (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@andriperdhian93 said:

@wf_mxyzptlk: current midora with no hands,tongue and a run out food luck ? Thanos ultra stomp then.

Presumably fresh Midora. That's usually the assumption.

If Midora dies in a few weeks time, would you come into the thread with the argument that current Midora is dead and therefore loses by default?

well midora is dead and now loses by default

Joking, Midora clubs.

#246 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos chokes him to death.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

Midora can not kill Thanos no matter how hard he tries because he is currently immortal and can withstand almost anything.

His regeneration from the look cannot be outmatched.

Also if somethinf fatal to an entity with space and time as its blood vein only Skinned Thanos in cellular level then Midora can dream of putting Thanos down while Thanos could find many ways to destroy him.

#247 Posted by baph (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

@chad_duby:

Thanos chokes him to death.

Thanos has 0 feats that suggest he can tag someone who is massively faster than him.

#248 Posted by maestromage (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good fight but Midora's speed advantage seals the deal imo. If they were even it'd be a much closer call, but with his speed, Midora can literally dance circles around Thanos with ease. Not saying he stomps or anything, but I just struggle to see Thanos winning like that.

#249 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph: How did he manage to tag Surfer and those people, if his reaction time is not that fast on itself? In fact it is not like Midora will just rely on his speed alone.

#250 Posted by Syncroniam (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora easily wins Thanos with no effort, it required special conditions and plot armor for Toriko to win.