Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
#1 Edited by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Pretty sure hasn't been done before and way overdue.

Pre Imperative Thanos with all unamped feats.

Current Midora.

Round 1

Random encounter

Round 2

Both get 5 mins prep.

#2 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos gets a solid majority but he isn't stomping by any stretch of the imagination.

#3 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

Thanos gets a solid majority but he isn't stomping by any stretch of the imagination.

#4 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Posted by Redzkz (3697 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

#6 Posted by JuzaCloud (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Thanos stomps by all stretches of imagination. Midora can't even beat Silver Surfer.

#7 Posted by NightwingX (531 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Thanos stomps by all stretches of imagination. Midora can't even beat Silver Surfer.

What's SS best destruction feats that trumps Midora's from latest ch?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#8 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9201 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#9 Posted by Lordflawlez (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

how does thanos get past minority world? How does thanos even hit midora who he cant even touch due to insane speed?

How does thanos get past hungry space?

Thanos loses big time

#10 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

@juzacloud said:

I know nothing of Toriko and have no opinion on this battle.

With that said, Surfer is a star buster.

#11 Edited by Al-Capone (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwingx said:
@juzacloud said:

destroying most of a planet and a moon in his first fight with drax the brute, dc wise only and his best dc feat than I can remember. with a bean of energy

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by Al-Capone (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwingx said:
@juzacloud said:

to use his ability to absorb energy of a star and destroy a star with destructive capacity, they are completely different. silver surfer is not close to the star level any time soon.

#13 Posted by comictheif (428 posts) - - Show Bio

hungry space

#14 Posted by Helloman (29710 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Sly_141 (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysticmedivh said:
@nightwingx said:
@juzacloud said:

to use his ability to absorb energy of a star and destroy a star with destructive capacity, they are completely different. silver surfer is not close to the star level any time soon.

Somebody showed me a scan where Surfer destroyed a solar system but I think he had to absorb the Uni-Lord's power to do so. I don't really know tho. Does anyone know if he did this under his own power or not?

Anyways, IMO Surfer should be a Casual Planet buster at the least but I don't know about the star buster part cause I've haven't read much with SS in it.

#16 Posted by Al-Capone (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@sly_141 said:
@al-capone said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@nightwingx said:
@juzacloud said:

Somebody showed me a scan where Surfer destroyed a solar system but I think he had to absorb the Uni-Lord's power to do so. I don't really know tho. Does anyone know if he did this under his own power or not?

Anyways, IMO Surfer should be a Casual Planet buster at the least but I don't know about the star buster part cause I've haven't read much with SS in it.

most incarnations at marvel put him at casual planet buster and above that, but not solar system with his own power set.

like this one here he uses the cosmic power to destroy a planet, you can by looking at his eyes

No Caption Provided

the feat of destroying the solar system was with Uni-Lord's power. like I said: he used his ability to absorb energy, not with his destructive capacity

No Caption Provided

#17 Posted by Sly_141 (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@al-capone: That's how I think of Surfer but I'm sure there are other opinions here. Like I said I don't read much with Surfer so there may be more feats I don't know about him.

Avatar image for the_stern_ritter
#18 Posted by The_Stern_ritter (566 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

#19 Posted by Goldchamp101 (8760 posts) - - Show Bio

How does thanos even hit midora who he cant even touch due to insane speed?

Thanos routinely hits Speedsters just as fast if not faster than midora

#20 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysticmedivh said:
@nightwingx said:
@juzacloud said:

When other Heralds of Galactus who are significantly weaker and inferior to Silver Surfer can bust stars, it's hard to argue that Surfer is nowhere near such a level.

No Caption Provided

#21 Edited by Al-Capone (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysticmedivh said:
@al-capone said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@nightwingx said:
@juzacloud said:

When other Heralds of Galactus who are significantly weaker and inferior to Silver Surfer can bust stars, it's hard to argue that Surfer is nowhere near such a level.

No Caption Provided

Nova has this ability because Galactus gives special abilities to its heralds besides the basic power set, beyond the cosmic power. Terrax can cut planets like oranges, but by using his ability to genetic mutation, not by brute power itself. This why Nova can bust stars, but Surfer can not, by feats. And again, dont use power scaling for marvel or DC, like manga like naruto, dragon ball or toriko

because:

a) Marvel's characters use different power sources. E.G. Thor and Beta Ray Bill use magic and asgard power set, Heralds use cosmic power from Galactus, Hulk is a mutan monster with gama power. This why we use feats in battles forums for the marvel and DC comics characters.

b) they are written by different writers over the decades

c) the very marvel has said that power scaling (aka power levels, e.g. Character A can bust a planet, by the law of power levels: Character B also can bust a planet) does not work in marvel. Words from Marvel itself:

No Caption Provided

#22 Posted by Redzkz (3697 posts) - - Show Bio

Here some feats for Midora. Physical power:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Destroyed near-Jupiter sized hand that could've destroyed planet:

No Caption Provided

#23 Edited by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

@al-capone said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@al-capone said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@nightwingx said:
@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

Nova has this ability because Galactus gives special abilities to its heralds besides the basic power set, beyond the cosmic power. Terrax can cut planets like oranges, but by using his ability to genetic mutation, not by brute power itself. This why Nova can bust stars, but Surfer can not, by feats. And again, dont use power scaling for marvel or DC, like manga like naruto, dragon ball or toriko

because:

a) Marvel's characters use different power sources. E.G. Thor and Beta Ray Bill use magic and asgard power set, Heralds use cosmic power from Galactus, Hulk is a mutan monster with gama power. This why we use feats in battles forums for the marvel and DC comics characters.

c) the very marvel has said that power scaling (aka power levels, e.g. Character A can bust a planet, by the law of power levels: Character B also can bust a planet) does not work in marvel. Words from Marvel itself:

Your argument didn't convince me. Sorry.

Also, I asked that question to Tom, hehe.

#24 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordflawlez said:

Midora's speed itself isn't the only issue, Thanos will also have to deal with Midora's reality warping on top of that too which means keeping up with him and tagging him with energy blasts would be unlikely if not impossible.

#25 Posted by Redzkz (3697 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:
@goldchamp101 said:
@lordflawlez said:

Midora's speed itself isn't the only issue, Thanos will also have to deal with Midora's reality warping on top of that too which means keeping up with him and tagging him with energy blasts would be unlikely if not impossible.

Can Midora use Minority World in passive mode like Ichiryu or does he have to activate it every time?

#26 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz said:
@leo-343 said:
@goldchamp101 said:
@lordflawlez said:

Can Midora use Minority World in passive mode like Ichiryu or does he have to activate it every time?

He has to consciously activate it.

#27 Posted by Goldchamp101 (8760 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343:

How strong is midora's reality warping?

#28 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343:

How strong is midora's reality warping?

Pretty damn strong. He copied the ability from Joa, off the top of my head this Gourmet Luck has allowed for:

• Coming back to life after being atomically wiped from existence
  • Planetary attacks to miss
  • Poison and natural disasters to have no harm to the user
  • MTFL characters to miss them
  • An increased rate of attacks landing
  • Escape from getting sealed

I could go on but I'll just state that whenever Joa or Midora have used Gourmet Luck, they've never lost. The only drawback is that it will eventually run out if overused and will need time to 'recharge' if you will.

#29 Edited by WF_Mxyzptlk (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora comfortably.

#30 Edited by Al-Capone (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysticmedivh said:
@al-capone said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@al-capone said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@nightwingx said:
@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

because:

Your argument didn't convince me. Sorry.

Also, I asked that question to Tom, hehe.

Okay, if Nova can destroy solar system casually with her own destructive power and not using her special abilities that the galactus itself gave to her, why Fallen One need to destroy a Gas gigant, he needs to destroy the core of the planet first? By using power scaling in marvel, which marvel itself admits it does not work in its comics, Fallen One should be Multi Solar system. Again, why he needed to destroy the core of the Gas gigant first?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

read what is inside the blue triangle.

#31 Edited by Bats16 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't just about destructive power, people. Midora has 3 insanely broken abilities.

1. Food luck. It's essentially probability manipulation. It can be used defensively where he can use it in order to avoid incoming attacks. He can also use it offensively that make it so his attacks actually hit. It even managed to control the probability of other peoples actions. Two examples being where Joie used it to make Acacia come to his aid while Midora used it to make Toriko come to his aid.

2. Minority World. It's a space create by Midora where any form of minorities within a micro scale can be used in order to become the majority. This allows him to reverse the effect of anything or anyone in said space. One example being where he can completely shut down your body by making it work in reverse. So the natural function of the lungs is to take in oxygen. Minority World would make it so they stop taking in oxygen. He can even use this on attacks. This ability also gives him extremely high regen capabilities.

3. Hungry Space. Midora has an ability called Hungry Tongue, which consumes every single atom it touches. This leaves voids wherever he's used his tongue. Those voids consist of Midora's insatiable appetite and anything caught within those voids will be completely devoured down to the very last atom by Midora's appetite. This is completely imperceptible. Midora's tongue has planetary range and the destructive force necessary to destroy about a quarter of a 220,000 km planet as shown here.

No Caption Provided

This means that anything within that area in the bottom left panel of the scan above will instantly be devoured by Midora's hungry space on an atomic level should he decide to use it.

#32 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

@bats16: No idea how Thanos would fare against Minority World but I am sure he would resist Hungry Tongue.

#33 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has tanked black holes, Hungry Tongue/space isn't doing anything to him.

#34 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by AkshSarpanch (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins with majority though its not a stomp. Like everyone said

#37 Posted by Redzkz (3697 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

Thanos has tanked black holes

When?

#39 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#40 Posted by panda_emperorix (3689 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#41 Posted by Scythenger (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora has gotten hurt and injured by less than planet leveling attacks. Thanos beats in physicals. Midora only stands a chance because of his hax. Idk if thanos has any resistance to Midora's hax. Even he doesn't Midora wouldn't be able to put Thanos down quick enough.

#42 Posted by WF_Mxyzptlk (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora has gotten hurt and injured by less than planet leveling attacks.

And he's regened immediately. The only injury that has stuck to midora is NEO's bites.

#43 Posted by NortonEk (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos takes it. Midora is powerful, but not yet on the level of Thanos.

#44 Posted by Nomar (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora has gotten hurt and injured by less than planet leveling attacks. Thanos beats in physicals. Midora only stands a chance because of his hax. Idk if thanos has any resistance to Midora's hax. Even he doesn't Midora wouldn't be able to put Thanos down quick enough.

And so has Thanos. Thanos does not beat Midora in physicals. It takes scraping the high showings to even put him in Midora's catergory of physicals. The problem with debating against most comic book characters is that your debating against the 1% showing. Midora's strength in his showings are consistently high showings.

Thanos has grunted from getting punched by Captain America. Let that sink in. Comics have a very big problem with power portrayal and insanely inconsistent showings that people don't wanna address. So battles just become a PIS showings fiasco.

#45 Posted by Scythenger (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@wf_mxyzptlk: from the chapter after that it seems that Midora still had a bruised face.

I'm not talking about when Acaia ate his I forgot what it's called.

I'm talking about the very first time Acaia punched Midora in the face.

I could be wrong about the bruise still being there though.

A high end Thanos without the infinity gauntlets is stronger than Midora and faster.

And because of that Midora wouldn't be able to put Thanos down with his hax.

#46 Posted by Scythenger (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar: midora is only shown to be planet level at best and not with pure strength.

I'm not too familiar with Thanos but I know he's fought the Silver Surfer, and can match Superman.

And pretty much every well known Marvel character has fought Galactus and held their own.

And I think Thanos has very strong barriers that should protect him from Midora's hax.

Could be wrong about that though.

#47 Posted by emperorthanos- (16371 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:
@shirso said:

@leo-343: What about minority world?

Not sure about this one.

Well Thanos did survive being reality warped.

#48 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:
@shirso said:

Not sure about this one.

I didn't know that, but Minority World isn't reality warping.

#49 Posted by ThanosPimphand (705 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone post pic where There are like 12 faces of Thanos subjected to reality warping attacks yet they all fail to kill him

#50 Edited by emperorthanos- (16371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanospimphand:

@leo-343 said:
@emperorthanos said:
@leo-343 said:
@shirso said:

Not sure about this one.

I didn't know that, but Minority World isn't reality warping.

Yeah I know it isn't but he survived his molecules being rearranged and stuff.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I haven't said who I think wins because I feel it could go either way.