#1 Posted by Push (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

Three scenarios:

1. Random encounter outside of Mephisto's realm.
2. Random encounter in Mephisto's realm.
3. Thanos heads to Mephisto's realm with 2hrs prep to retrieve Gamora, who'm Mephisto's holding

vs

#2 Posted by claws (5266 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. thanos
  2. mephisto
  3.  mephisto
#3 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"
  1. thanos
  2. mephisto
  3.  mephisto
"

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
#4 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5592 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Thanos
  2. Mephisto
  3. Thanos
#5 Posted by Mortein (6029 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Thanos
  2. Mephisto
  3. Thanos
#6 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto

Mephisto

Thanos

#7 Posted by Nibiru (683 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man of Yesteryear said:

"
  1. Thanos
  2. Mephisto
  3. Thanos
"

#8 Posted by Push (1558 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"

Mephisto

Mephisto

Thanos

"

Thanos has generally ignored/downplayed Mephisto in there meetings in the MU, outside of Mephisto's realm, don't really see anything Mephisto can do to Thanos unless it's in his realm and he's prep'd!
#9 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto is also immensely clever and a master schemer.
In your third battle, he would know that Thanos would be coming and so he also then has the benefit of 2 hrs prep time on his home turf.

#10 Posted by The_Scourge (5341 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"

Mephisto

Mephisto

Thanos

"

#11 Posted by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

First Round: Mephisto

Second Round: Mephisto

Third Round: Probably Mephisto(given Thanos' track record with prep is impressive, he doesn't have the benefit of a great amount of time. While Mephisto is, in his own right, terribly clever and exceedingly powerful in his realm)

#12 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

1. Thanos
  2. Mephisto
  3. Thanos
#13 Posted by fangirl101 (569 posts) - - Show Bio

Meph in all 3 pretty much. He's Galactus lvl most of the time. Thanos with Prep still couldn't over power Galactus. He was on his knees begging for mercy.

#14 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto errr round.

#15 Edited by fondofpacman (585 posts) - - Show Bio

@fangirl101: Him and Galactus were mostly stalemating in his own realm after he captured the Surfer, but I wouln't put him on G's level outside of his own universe.

Anyway

1. Thanos

2. Mephisto

3. Mephisto

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
#16 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

mephisto all rounds

#17 Posted by Grand Ninja (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming that when you guys are giving Thanos the win, you assume that Thanos wins by talking his way out and not by raw power right.

#18 Posted by Freefa11 (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@fangirl101: @Grand Ninja: Mephisto is not Galactus level outside his realm, only within it. Outside, I've seen him overpower the Surfer, but then, Thanos has as well. Otherwise, Thanos has more impressive feats, so until I see something else Mephisto has done outside his realm, I'll say Thanos can win, though it's not necessarily easy.

I think it is also worth noting that at the end of Infinity Crusade, when Thanos gives Mephisto a broken Cosmic Cube, Meph is pretty ticked off about being cheated, and yet when Thanos threatens him, he quietly returns to his own realm, rather than attack the Titan.

Round 2 obviously goes to Mephisto. Doesn't look like anyone's arguing that point.

Round 3... well, 2 hrs is not a lot of time. If Thanos could get a hold of the Soul Gem, maybe that would give him a chance, since Adam Warlock defeated Mephisto with it. Then again, Warlock is better with the Soul Gem than pretty much anyone else, so it doesn't guarantee victory for Thanos.

From the OP's wording, it looks like Thanos' goal in round 3 is actually retrieving Gamora, not defeating Mephisto. While this should be a significantly easier task, requiring stealth and/or speed rather than power (and we know he has advanced teleportation technology, and I think stealth tech as well), he still doesn't have much time to put a plan together, so unless he just happens to have all the tools he needs lying around, I still don't think he's too likely to succeed.

So yeah:

Round 1: Thanos

Round 2: Mephisto

Round 3: Mephisto

#19 Posted by chiq (3759 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

Avatar image for New_World_Order
#20 Edited by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto all rounds.

#21 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Mephisto punk out against Thanos?

#22 Posted by Perethorn (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

@claws said:
  1. thanos
  2. mephisto
  3. mephisto

#23 Posted by bigmedlock (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#24 Edited by The_Red_Devil (4472 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 - Mephisto

R2 - Mephisto

R3 - Probably Thanos.

#25 Posted by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1. Thanos

Round 2. Mephisto

Round 3. Mephisto

#26 Posted by jojjimbo (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say

1. 50/50 could go either way IMO.

2. Mephisto

3. Mephisto

#27 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto(hell-lords in general) has been very underrated in recent years. But he is definitely trashing Thanos in his realm.

#28 Edited by Bo88gdan (5453 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto all rounds

#29 Posted by maxxc10X (476 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Mephisto

Idk

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
#30 Posted by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: They've actually being portrayed as far better than usual. Mephisto was recentely seen sitting alongside Thanos in a table of the most powerful beings in the universe, which had Eternity and Lady Death as members too IIRC. Mephisto even got his own ongoing arc called Damnation where pretty much is turning all the heroes into his personal Ghost Riders(Already did that with Jane Thor, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Falcon and so on).

#31 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: They've actually being portrayed as far better than usual. Mephisto was recentely seen sitting alongside Thanos in a table of the most powerful beings in the universe, which had Eternity and Lady Death as members too IIRC. Mephisto even got his own ongoing arc called Damnation where pretty much is turning all the heroes into his personal Ghost Riders(Already did that with Jane Thor, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Falcon and so on).

I might have to check that out. But its just that the supernatural side of Marvel hasn't been getting its shine these past years.

#32 Posted by cosmic_reign (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Mephisto

Maybe Thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
#33 Posted by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Aside from Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider, I agree with you. It's that Marvel is only worried with featuring the characters who can bring people to bought more of their comics, so we hardly will see people such as Hellstrom and alike getting much spotlight.

#34 Posted by phillip33 (3932 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Mephisto

Thanos

#35 Posted by TheHierarchy (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Mephisto

Thanos if he can cook up something powerful enough to KO or trap Mephisto, killing probably wont work inside his realm

#36 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Aside from Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider, I agree with you. It's that Marvel is only worried with featuring the characters who can bring people to bought more of their comics, so we hardly will see people such as Hellstrom and alike getting much spotlight.

Yeah, they're all about money now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#37 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, seems like Thanos will be fighting King Thanos next issue, depending how that goes might change the outcome of this fight.

#38 Posted by Szeth (110 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP.